~  One With the Universe ~

           

                A Tribute to Qui~Gon Jinn

 

          Maverick  ~  Master  ~  Sage

 

 

 

~   My favourite Qui~Gon Image  ~

 

~ It shows his focus, determination and his serenity, 

fighting only when he absolutely has  to, for defence and for a better Universe 

And it shows his wisdom and connection to the Living Force ~

 

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

My Feelings, thoughts and insights on Jedi Master Qui~Gon Jinn ...

 

 

He is an extraordinary soul and gifted person, and a wonderful teacher. A good teacher learns as much from his or her students as they teach and Qui~Gon admitted to Obi~Wan that his Padawan would surpass him, and he did this without jealousy anger, ego.  

Yes, he is unconventional, maverick and unorthodox, and I believe this strengthens his character. The rules of life guide us in a straight line, though one's life journey rarely a straight line to the finish {how boring and lifeless this would be} It takes a wise person to know when those rigid rules must be bent, broken or abolished. The Jedi Council respect him, despite this, but if Qui~Gon were a by-the-book man he wouldn’t be Qui~Gon Jinn. He doesn’t break the rules for the sake of it or to show off - he does what must be done in order to complete missions successfully - for noble purposes, to save lives, entire worlds, even galaxies and the Universe.  When Obi~Wan stressed that his Master could be on the Council, Qui~Gon knew it was not his destiny to be on the Jedi Council, nor did he wish it.

. 

Qui~Gon did not gamble, steal and lie for his own personal gain. He truly believed Anakin was the one referred to in the Prophecy of who would bring Balance to the Force.  Qui~Gon did everything he could to  assist the Republic, the Galaxy and ultimately, the Universe, and to secure Anakin’s future as a Jedi.  He did not want to risk the boy in the podrace, though Shmi could think of no other way and Anakin himself wanted to help them. I also  firmly believe that Qui~Gon would have gone back to free Shmi if he had been able.  People seem to think he was un-Jedi like or even Sith-like, obviously missing the deeper meanings and intricacies of his character, seeing the bigger picture, and nor is he a hypocrite for doing so, yes, a gem of his own wisdom is "Whenever you gamble, my friend, eventually you'll lose," and while some may feel he's hypocritical for gambling himself - did he keep doing it? No, when his gamble paid off, did he think 'woo-hoo!' and then make a bunch of credits to pocket on the side, even when he could have used the Force on the unsuspecting players, non Toydarian of course and he could have made a bundle, but he did not.  Qui-Gon knows when he needs to gamble (or take a risk) and when it is wiser not to.  

 

Perhaps Anakin was the Chosen One of Jedi Legend.  Some people thought that Qui~Gon was dumb for not sensing anything evil in Anakin.  I believe nothing could be further from the truth.  Qui~Gon sensed only good and much potential in the boy.   There's nothing at all wrong with Qui~Gon's senses.  For example, he knew Anakin would be safe in the cockpit.  Even though Anakin took off to fight the Trade Federation in outer space, at the end of the day, he returned unharmed.  Qui~Gon seemed to be the only one who saw this Vergence in Anakin.  The other Jedi, including Obi~Wan only sensed his anger and perceived this to be a danger.  Though, truth be told, Anakin was angry, and who can blame him?  He knew in his heart and soul that he was destined to become a powerful Jedi, but he's trapped on what he sees as a dead-end world, living life as a slave.   And although I've read Watto was a kinder slave master than most, a slave is a slave.  Anakin was treated like Bantha Poodoo by those that thought they were above a 'lowly slave' - like the Dug, Sebulba.  Anakin's mother was not treated much better either, I'll wager, only serving to further Anakin's anger. I do not believe Qui-Gon was oblivious to Anakin's anger eve rage, but believed he could teach Anakin that his life on Tatooine made him stronger, wiser than someone sheltered in the Temple since 6 months of age. However, sadly I do not believe Obi~Wan or the other Jedi Council, nor was his anger was ever dealt with properly by the Jedi, and Anakin obviously didn't have enough expertise, experience or inner guidance to deal with it himself - otherwise he would not have thrown childish temper tantrums to 18, slaughtered Sand People, turned to the Dark Side, murdering and betraying the Jedi, let alone the Younglings. It was also obvious Anakin did not have as close a relationship with Obi~Wan as his Master did with Qui~Gon. Anakin was downright rude and obnoxious and an egotistical show off at times and although I love Obi~Wan dearly, I do not believe, until after Episode III he truly began to attain the wisdom of his Master.

On a personal level, I empathise with Anakin.  I'm not a slave, though I have felt like. For much of my life, I was oppressed and treated like a doormat and told I'm never amount to anything, despite knowing I have great potential to make positive changes in this world with my own insights and wisdom through my writing and to inspire others to follow and make a living form their dreams ~ The more happiness in the world the better place it and the Universe ultimately become.   Needless to say, I've learned a lot from enlightened, spiritual Masters like Qui~Gon, and other Masters and Spiritual Guides, who have helped me deal with my anger safely. ... Like Anakin, I knew that I am destined for greater things, and it's very annoying when you're struggling for money, recognition and bringing your own unique message to the world and nobody seems to want to listen, or they're insulting you, teasing you and telling you that all you're good for is to be shunted into some dead-end job - that you're lazy for not wanting to work for another, that you should get your heard out of the clouds, blah, blah, blah.  Much wiser now, I realise that this is their shit - either they don't want people like me to succeed - there'll be no one fo these modern day Siths to oppress - or that they've been told for so long that they cannot follow their own dreams, that it's selfish, wishful thinking, that they're either jealous or firmly believe the crap that's been vomited up onto them by mainstream thinking or lack there of - sever billion free-thinking people - fuck, the 'powers that be' {note sarcasm} would not stand a chance.  No wonder they don't watch us to watch documentaries on 'The Law of Attraction' like The Secret and What the Bleep do We Know? - Shit people would follow their dreams successfully - and many of these oppressive companies will either go bankrupt & be put out of business - but then if they thought about it for a second, they would realise there's enough for everybody and stop being so fucking greedy and childish ... One day, perhaps when the come out of their infancy, but like them, Darth Sidious did to want Anakin to see the truth and buttered him up for his own sordid purposes. Like when he told Anakin the story of Darth Plagueis' work on life after Death, and later on he said to Anakin there was only one who had transcended Death, and he' lead Anakin to believe it was Plagueis ... Sidious knew it was Qui-Gon, he would have sensed it - but as if he would tell Anakin that - the Jedi Master who was the closest person to a Father Anakin had at that time... Who he had murdered - as I believe that with Qui~Gon's sensitivity to the Living Force, he would have eventually blown Sidious' plan wide open and that's why Sidious had him killed first ... And with his goading Ani into believing what he wanted to, and subtly using the Force on him, buttering up Anakin's Ego, Sadly Anakin was a goner form the moment Palpatine laid a hand on his shoulder.  "We'll be watching your career with great interest ..." Yes, I'm sure.

 

I also do not believe Anakin was given the proper training.  As much as I adore Obi~Wan, I do not believe that he and Anakin shared as close a bond as he did with his Master, Qui~Gon.   In Episode II it was clear to me that there was a definite rift growing between Anakin and Obi~Wan.  They even had a screaming match near the end!  I'm willing to bet a million gazillion wuipipi that Qui~Gon hardly ever even raised his voice to Obi~Wan. He certainly didn't in the movie. It seemed Obi and Ani did not understand each other very well.  Anakin felt Obi~Wan was treating him like a child and Obi~Wan felt Anakin was rude and immature.  They needed to sit down, have a Jedi to Jedi talk to straighten things out, and a great deal of meditations, though never happened - and Palpatine/Sidious, of course was eager to capitalise on Anakin's anger and confusion, pretending to befriend him and act as his confidant, whilst using and manipulating him for his own sordid gains.  Anakin did not see this until much later, in Return of the Jedi, when he finally turned back to the Light Side, though only after a lifetime of bloodshed, violence, hatred and anger.  If the Jedi had been more open minded and understanding as Qui~Gon Jinn had been, perhaps things would have been different.  While Obi~Wan grew in wisdom in later years and gained his own wisdom, I believe Qui~Gon was the wiser Master, even though Qui~Gon himself seemed to think otherwise :)

 

About the lightsabre battle din Episode I ~ I do not believe Qui~Gon was past his prime, old and tired as they say ... I firmly believe the reason that Qui~Gon appeared so ‘puffed out’ when he fought Darth Maul the first time was not because he was old and tired - far from it.  And look at this logically - Qui~Gon had been on Tatooine for three days, in the scorching heat, with two blazing suns, wearing a thick poncho over his already thick long sleeved Jedi outfit.  Not to mention the ordeal with Watto, freeing Anakin, the podrace and all - and then running back to the ship - in the searing heat!  Anakin was puffed, not Qui~Gon - and Ani was nine.  Qui~Gon Jinn Past his prime?  Bollocks!   When you think about it, Maul was barely on Tatooine for a day, spent most of his time inside his air conditioned and with purified water {I'm willing to wager} Infiltrator, only emerging to send/receive probe droids and upon their return, sped off on his speeder bike to the Jedi.

 

Likewise on Naboo, I don’t believe Darth Maul bested Qui~Gon because the Jedi was lacking in strength or he was old and decrepit. The Sith seemed to be more adept at martial arts than the Jedi, though Qui~Gon is a master swordsman.  The Jedi Master had a great deal on his mind – He worried about Obi~Wan ... I believe he rushed ahead for this reason, not be because he was arrogant or overconfident {as some believe} The Council had refused to allow him to train Anakin, who Qui~Gon believed would ultimately bring balance to the force and save the Universe ... the Sith were back with a hell of a vengeance ... and this mess with the Trade Union .  Thousands of people were already dead.  Qui~Gon had a planet, the Republic, the Galaxy and ultimately in the long run the Universe to protect, free  and save.  I believe he either, with so much going on, let slip, if only for a moment and unfortunately Maul got lucky, with an underhanded trick, {unlucky for Qui~Gon and the Universe  :( } , proving Maul is as honourless as he is evil.  {Yes, I read in Maul's Episode I journal where he says that he is not evil.  Bah!  If not evil then fucking delusional ... Perhaps if he really looked at Qui~Gon he's realise that this Jedi Master was nothing like the Jedi he despised, but his hatred, sadly had clouded him}  I also believe Qui~Gon even endeavoured to sense even the smallest shred of compassion in Darth Maul.  Not that he found any.  However, I also believe Qui~Gon could have lost the fight on purpose, and made it look like Maul had bested him, as he understood the Force had a greater purpose for him.  Perhaps in the end Qui~Gon understood that Anakin would turn, that the people of the Galaxy  needed to go through the Empire's domination and control to fight for their own freedom and realise their mistake in cheering for this galactic Empire that would 'end' this war that Sidious so carefully orchestrated and groomed right form the beginning to make the Jedi look like the enemy ... And the people only realised this too little, too late .... I'll never forget Padmé Amidala's quote: "So this is how liberty dies ... With Thunderous applause..."

And perhaps Qui~Gon ultimately knew that the people would regain the power and the Jedi once again protect the Universe, as perhaps the Sith were right in despising the Jedi who let their egos get the better of them, {I do not believe all Sith were evil, greedy and corrupt power hungry maniacs} and perhaps Qui-Gon was the one to bring that balance after all, even if so much destruction had been caused, it seemed to be on a downward spiral to begin with ... And Qui understood, perhaps on a subconscious or soul level that some things have to be destroyed before they could be remade and out of destruction came creations and rebirth, though I believe he grieved for all the suffering, and I believe it would have been much, much worse if it were not for him.  Anakin ultimately at the end did turn and destroy the Emperor - if Qui-Gon had not found him, Sidious would still have carried out his plan, the clones, the war .,. Anakin was an added bonus. And in the end, balance was achieved and Qui~Gon ultimately learned and taught the Jedi and I believe others that there was life in the Force, long after the physical body had passed.

I also do not agree that Qui~Gon lost the final battle his as he was rash and rushed into things - that he would rather take action, rather than meditate and reflect {As mentioned in one Star Wars documentary by commentator, Anthony Daniels no less... :/  } Qui~Gon Jinn was a wise man.  He knew there was time for meditation and reflection - and a time for action - and he knew exactly what and when each of those were needed. Examples of this is his gentle, wise teachings to Obi~Wan on the Trade Federation ship, and when all's not what it seems, he and his Padawan immediately spring into action and one of the first things Qui~Gon does is slam his lightsabre into the door, proving this Jedi Master does not mess about and indeed has balls.  {When I first Saw TPM In the cinema, people actually cheered in that scene}  Star Warsians have long wondered if Jedi ever lightsabred doors down. Now they know ;)

My speculation on why Qui~Gon didn't disappear - and it's not because he wasn’t worthy :) or that he was bad in any way whatsoever. Jedi need a moment to prepare themselves to become one with the Force (disappear). Even though Qui didn't know/foresee that he was going to die one could argue that Qui~Gon had ample time to prepare himself for the Force, because he didn't die instantly.  My two Republic credits are that Qui~Gon was terrified that Anakin would not be trained and so he conserved all his strength to stay alive until Obi~Wan could get to him. My guess is that after Darth Maul ran Qui~Gon through, Qui foresaw that Obi~Wan would kill Maul.   {Either that or Lucas effed up... ;}

Qui~Gon truly believed Anakin was the one that would bring Balance - The Chosen One and at the end of the day, after all the suffering, pain and heartache he causes, he fathered Luke Skywalker, who turns things around for the Jedi - And Vader/Anakin does kill the Emperor - Rick McCallum said this:  "Perhaps Qui~Gon also saw Luke, because Luke plays a very important part in bringing the balance."

Qui~Gon practically begged Obi~Wan to train Anakin, and it as only then that Obi~Wan realised how important the boy was to his Master and didn't want his Master to suffer and promised to train Anakin.

After Obi~Wan promised to train Anakin, Qui~Gon was relieved, but his body simply lacked the strength to entirely prepare himself for the Force and this is my guess on why he did not disappear and I believe the way Obi~Wan looked at his Master and cried that that Qui~Gon said 'The Force is With you Always' to Obi~Wan's mind just before he passed into the Force.  When his physical body burned, I believe that it didn't burn the same way an ordinary person’s would have. I believe it disappeared into the flames, into the Force, perhaps transmuted into energy sparkles, even though we didn't see this.

And we learn from Episode III the he was the first Jedi to transcend death.  There is an lovely scene in the end of the book version of Episode III, (Not in the movie or extended DVD scenes, sadly) of Qui~Gon appearing to and talking to Yoda.  Yoda says to Qui~Gon  "A very great Jedi Master you have become, Qui~Gon Jinn.  A great Jedi Master you always were, but too blind was I to see it ... Your apprentice, I gratefully become."  So in the end, Qui~Gon becomes Yoda's Master.  And as I can see, this did not appease Qui~Gon's ego, he was willing to teach and pass on what he had learned, so other Jedi could learn to transcend death and become spiritual beings and then go on to help others as Qui~Gon did in life and Death.

 

I perceive Qui~Gon Jinn to be a compassionate, patient gentle and wise individual.  People that how say he got angry, snapped at Jar Jar, made mistakes, didn't sense anything when Obi~Wan did... How he didn't know at first that Toydarians were not susceptible to the Force.  that he was un-Jedi like ... dumb ... yadda, yadda, yadda ... He’s not perfect, but then who is? These things made me love and respect him all the more.  (He would have whipped out his lightsabre - that would work on the Toydarian, I'm willing to wager, but he did not, when it would have been quicker and easier to do so, even if it was a bluff, but then that is not Qui-Gon.) The Jedi Master was not an always perfectly groomed, sitting up straight, all-the-time prefect matters, goodie-two-shoes by the book, never angry, always love and light fluff bunny. Blecccch!  If he was like that I wouldn't've given two hoots and would not have bawled uncontrollably like a baby when Maul ran him through. 

Qui~Gon is highly attuned to the Living Force, and the Universe which is why he looks much younger than his years (65 even 55 as some sources state). He respects all living things and devotes his life for peace in the Universe. It is my belief that he wishes for peace between the Jedi and the Sith. And although Obi~Wan may not share his Master’s compassion and empathy for living things, and although they disagree at times, he deeply respects, cares for and loves Qui~Gon.  It seems to be Qui~Gon cares deeply for life, from the smallest butterfly with its wings stuck together after a storm to a Universe in peril.

I read this article by an idiotic reporter who thought Qui~Gon was rude for not saying ‘hello’ and ‘goodbye’ when he contacted Obi~Wan on the communicator. What lunacy!  It made me laugh, after I puked. Perhaps the silly bint was just trying to be funny ... No one's laughing, Hon.   Like Qui~Gon & Obi~Wan were not having a friendly chat about their weekend! The Universe is in jeopardy and  Qui~Gon was very worried and troubled didn’t have time for pleasantries.  People are PAID to write articles like these?  Maybe Sidious paid her for bad Qui publicity.  I also read in a newspaper article review of Star Wars Episode I  that another Nimnol {That's Orkan for Idiot by the way, Mork fans :} of another stupid reporter that thought that Qui~Gon looked scruffy.  The first thing I saw when I looked at Qui~Gon was true majesty.  Qui~Gon is majestic, beautiful and graceful.  I bet 50 wuipipi that  if that moronic Journo had long hair, that it would not remain immaculate after a furious lightsabre battle!   Scruffy indeed!  Pphft!  I also read an Star Wars Qui article with numerous mistakes in it.  When I sent an e-mail reporting it, I got an apology from the site that the reporter was usually 'rip roaring drunk' when he wrote his stuff . LOL... Off to the Spice Mines of Kessel with you all!  Doesn't say much for reporters, hey.  Perhaps they should get Lois Lane to write it? ;)   I once worked for a newspaper and could write better stuff with my eyes closed!

 

I've heard people were annoyed with Qui~Gon for rescuing Jar Jar (and to a certain extent I can understand this. The Gungan does have an annoying voice!  Cute ears though ;)  Though Qui~Gon sensed the bigger picture. Not only did he feel sorry for Jar Jar, he sensed that the Gungan had a bigger role to play and he did. It is Jar Jar who helped bring the Gungans and the Naboosians together in peace to fight a common enemy to free their world.  It is Qui~Gon who saw the greater purpose in this ‘pathetic life form.’  And Qui~Gon also expressed his concern for the Gungans' safety in the looming battle. He also said to Obi~Wan 'and we cannot sue our powers to help her.' Meaning they could not 'Force' the Gungans to fight.  Some smart ass might say 'ah yes, but he did use the Force on Boss Nass' to get Jar Jar and a Bongo/Transport.  Yes ... however that did not harm the Gungans, it ultimately helped save Naboo and in the end the Gungans chose to fight to protect their world.

 

Another thing people have jeered Qui about is that hoe we didn't sense anything, at first, aboard the Trade Federation ship was that he was focused on the mission, where as Obi~Wan's mind was wandering a bit and he picked up on something distant.  Qui~Gon was more focused, like a  laser beam and Obi~Wan had a wider focused beam - and that's why they make such a wonderful team - sometimes you need a narrow focus and sometimes a wider one.  Note that Qui-Gon didn't feel angry or embarassed that Obi-Wan sensed something he did not.  He respected his Padawan for it and learned form him.  Every good teacher/mentor knows and is humbled by the fact that they will learn form their students and a wise and humble master is proud and respectful to be surpassed by his or her students, not embarassed, jealous or angry and Qui-Gon said to Obi~Wan the he believed that his Padawan would become a wiser man than he.  Qui-Gon said this with respect and humility and in some ways Obi~Wan was wiser than his Master, in other ways Qui-Gon was wiser and with two different ways of looking at the Universe, they have a truly unique bond.

 

And if you're going to niggle me about the Opee under the water, it's obvious to me, ultimately, Qui-Gon knew the ship would be safe.  And it was.  There's always a bigger fish :)  And as for the 'yelling' scene - The only scene Qui-Gon yelled in the entire movie was TO Anakin - not AT him - and with a sense of urgency, not anger, for the boy to get to safety.  It annoys me how the picture of this scene was used widely in publicity and the 'yelling face' was made on some of the toys as it makes him look angry, taken out of context like that.

 

I have also heard people say that Qui~Gon was conceited, arrogant, gutless...wimpy ... Did these people actually watch the movie or Qui~Gon Jinn?  Conceited?  Arrogant?  What the Nerf!?  He is the least conceited person that I have ever encountered, real or fantasy.  He did all he could to save Naboo and ultimately the Universe.  None of what he did was for personal gain.   And Gutless? Wimpy?!  What on Hoth?!  Are they referring to Qui~Gon Jinn or Jar Jar Binks!?  In Episode I,  Qui~Gon died - gave his life to save a world he barely knew - ultimately to save the Universe.  He was not afraid of Death - how many can say that.  He was not afraid to share his thoughts, even if nobody agreed with him - how many are afraid to speak in fear or ridicule?  Qui~Gon shared wisdom, insights and compassion.  He was not afraid to voice his beliefs, thoughts, his life.  I think not!  There were even some rumours and people who thought that Qui~Gon was a dark Jedi, Even a Sith Lord.  Gods above and below!  Cynical much?  Perhaps they've seen too many conspiracy moves ;) Or just too darn cynical to even believe that someone so innocent, loving, true and pure can exist. Now they know.

 

I've heard some say that they thought Qui~Gon was stupid for not knowing that Padmé was the Queen.  I mean how obvious could he be?... Just look at how he smiles at Obi~Wan... Even in the Episode I novellisation by Terry Brooks, it says the Jedi shared a knowing smile, when Padmé  stepped forward as the Queen.  It's also obvious to me that's why Qui~Gon did not want Padmé to come with them on Tatooine, as he did not want her to come to harm and as for those smart asses who'd say something like 'Ahh, but if he was such a powerful Jedi surely he'd sense if ... blah ... blah... blah..."  As another wise Wizard once said, "Not even the wisest can see all ends..." And with Gandalf, I know Qui-Gon would agree.

 

Though the Council did not see what Qui~Gon saw.  Anakin had a lot of anger in him, knowing he was full of potential and his destiny was to become a Jedi - and to live the life of an unappreciated slave.  I do not believe this anger/resentment was dealt with properly.  Also, why did he and Obi~Wan not go back for his mother sooner?  This would have prevented his rageful outburst in Episode II.  Qui~Gon tried to warn him, not to give into that hate, but Anakin was beyond counsel at that stage.

Perhaps, like in Buffy: The Vampire Slayer - To Each Generation, a Chosen One is Born.  I believe Qui~Gon was the Chosen One in his generation, followed by Obi~Wan, then Anakin (whom Palpatine/Sidious corrupted), then his son Luke.  I firmly believe the Force is stronger in Qui~Gon Jinn than it was in Anakin, or any other Jedi. Obi~Wan and Luke tie for second place :)

I really enjoyed the Jedi Apprentice series by Dave Worthington and later Jude Watson, though in books 15 through 16, Qui~Gon's Jedi love, Tahl, gets murdered and he goes out for revenge?? 'Scuse me? No Way, Jose!   Not Qui~Gon Jinn, and I don't give a Nerf how 'official' these books were.  Qui~Gon would never have done such a thing.  Sure he was hurt, angry and grieving, but revenge?  Never.  Never in a trillion bazillion years and then some.  I don't know who she was writing about in that story-arc, but it certainly was not Jedi Master Qui~Gon Jinn. I'm far from the only one why was put off by that.

 

I learned that his name Qui~Gon Jinn means "One with the Universe". It also means peace, harmony, serenity and good ch'i or qi. (Good energy.)  One site said: Jedi Master Jinn possesses strong features and piercing, though gentle oceanic blue eyes. He speaks with a gentle, but determined voice. He wears part of his long hair tied back so as not to obstruct his peripheral vision.

 

I first saw Qui~Gon on the front cover of Time Magazine, about a month before I saw the movie and was totally mesmerised by him, before I even knew his name. I didn't want to read the article in case it spoiled the movie and so I still didn't know his name, only that he was beautiful inside and out.

 

 

 

This picture captivated, mesmerised and inspired me

 

It was obvious he was a Jedi with that majestic green lightsabre. His eyes were so brilliant, I could see the love, compassion and depth in them, and just how centred he was, completely in tune with the Force and the Universe, just from this one picture.

When I went shopping at midnight at Toys R Us, the first action figure I wanted was the lovely Jedi one with the long hair. It was then I discovered his name was Qui~Gon Jinn, although I wasn't entirely sure how to pronounce it until I saw the movie. (Quee-Gon or Kwai-Gon- or something different entirely?)  Though Quee-Gon sounds so weird now!!!  Usually, never buy actions figures until I see a movie, but I with my own Jedi insights, I just knew ... sensed Qui~Gon was incredibly special.  And in scene where he's gently teaching Obi~Wan, I loved him all the more.

What I love about Master Qui~Gon ... His spirit, his kind soul. His love, compassion and wisdom. His respect for all life, no matter how annoying or Evil (Jar Jar, Maul), sticking up for the underdogs. His connection to the Living Force and the Universe. The first time I saw him his eyes touched my soul and I fell in love then and there. His respect for the Jedi Council, even though they don't see eye to eye. He is true to his convictions and beliefs, even when he has to go against the flow. He has the wisdom when to go with the flow and when to go against it.  His disregard for what others think of him, as he follows the path he knows is right for him. His resolve.  His attitude to problem solving, like the lightsabre through the door ... That was awesome :) A pity he didn't get to finish it.  Many in the audience cheered when he did this!!  Each time I saw the movie! He commands respect and authority, but does not demand it.

His gentleness, integrity and undying sense of honour and justice. His skill, determination, his grace and serenity, his tranquil soul, so he can listen to the whispers of the Living Force and the Universe. His strong sense of ethics and endless patience, his enigma and passion. These are what endear him.

 

 

 

This was the very first Qui~Gon poster I saw and I loved him even more

 

And Physically .... His gentle face, oceanic blue eyes that see into your soul.  Soft, gentle voice, with a touch of Irish accent, an embrace all its own. Large, but gentle hands. His broad chest, that I would give anything to lean against.  Strong, though gentle arm.  To just be held by him.  He is a port in a storm. His tall, though not imposing slender frame. Soft long hair, seeming one with the very winds. (Most guys look sexier with long hair! Like Septimus in StarDust - now there's a contrast to Qui~Gon!!! ;)

That subtle smile, graceful moves.  That lovely and interesting nose :)  His confident, majestic stride, he glides with elegance. His clothes, matching the colours of the Autumn {Fall}, his dark chocolate cape, flowing in the wind, his beige sash, wrapped around his slender waist, those gorgeous, strong boots. (They must be made from a natural substance, as I think leather would be against his morals and I believe he would be vegetarian).  His simple, yet elegant verdant lightsabre.

I have had had many dreams about him.  I always type fandom dreams I have, some turn out to be quite poignant and some have become stories, both fanfic and professional.  Please click here to see my Qui~Gon Jinn Dreams.

And he's one of very few men in the Universe that look stunning with a beard!  Yes I am honestly attracted to him physically, very much so, I won't deny that or shy away from it.  Even if he looked as ugly as a Hutt cross Toydarian, it is his kind, loving Soul that touched mine.    If I had to sum my love for him in a few words ... He changed my life for the better, he helped me to feel joyful, innocent, hopeful and loving, really showed me how to truly live in the magick of life and to feel at one with all things.  Of course I already knew this, but he helped me rekindle and find it all over again and to have fun with it.  Than you, Qui~Gon Jinn.
 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

~ My Personal Qui~Gon Jinn Tributes ~

 

I saved up and got two trees planted for Qui~Gon, one in a depleted forest and one in the National Landcare Forest in Australia.

The note they sent with the nature music "A Tree Just For You" CD says:

"As a living memorial to Qui~Gon Jinn a tree will grow in the National Landcare Forest. A plaque will bear this message:

Qui~Gon Jinn's, gentle loving spirit inspired Galaxies far, far away. The Force Is With You Always."

 

(With respect to the Qui~Gon Jinn Council of Denial, this does not mean he's dead, it's a tribute to him :)

 

I also wanted to dedicate a star to Qui~Gon, though I was told the International Star Registry's naming of stars is not astrologically official, so I saved my Republic Daitari and dedicated a star to Qui~Gon myself :)  

 It's in the Orion Cluster  {the Egyptians saw as this Osiris} which is where the Star Wars Saga is said to have actually taken place, around 10 000 years ago ... A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away ....

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   

A pic of Qui that Dan I scanned in from the Episode I 

"Heroes and Villains" colouring in book, painted and did up in Photoshop

 

Please click to see more of my Qui~Gon Art & Creations Here

 

And here for Manips {Non humorous} ....  & Here for Humorous Qui Manips ;)

 

 

Please click here to see Qui~Gon Articles, Data, information, wisdom & insights from other sources and to download the Beautiful Episode I Qui-Gon Jinn Tone Poem

 

Please also see the links section of the Qui~Gon Main page for More Qui Sites and Tributes

 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

     

 

 

~ It Certainly Is ~

 

 

"May The Force Be With You"  (Wav file)  

 

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

A Green Torch for Qui  ~

 

 

It is a rare and precious gift when the Universe is gifted with such a unique, powerful and gentle, insightful Soul.

Such people, real or imagined help to create a more loving and peaceful Universe.

 

The Spirit of Qui~Gon Jinn is Eternal.

And with Guardian Angels like these, the Force is Indeed With Us Always.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Back to Qui~Gon Jinn Page