Disclaimers: Transformers are owned by Hasbro.

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic/fanart.

Summary: Tanker and the Decepticons on Planet Decepticon find an orphaned Autobot child and raise him as a Decepticon. All Transformers in this story created by Seawave. Proifiles at the end of story.  Also see my fic Peace: The Endless Quest for more on Executor, Eliminator and LHC.

Rating - PG

~~~~~~~~

THE LOST CHILD

 

Three Autobots were on their way back to Cybertron when their ship was suddenly attacked by Decepticons.

The ship shook, and one of the Autobots turned to the small child Autobot. "Go and hide in there" she said, pointing.

"But...." started the small Autobot.

"No butts" she said firmly. "Get in there. I don't want you to get hurt. Always remember, I love you, little one." She kissed her son.

The little Autobot obeyed her. She then turned to her bond mate. "We're not gonna make it, are we?" she said, worriedly.

He put his hands gently on her shoulders. "We have to try."

The ship had no weapons. Antilles tried to activate the shields, but the blasts had damaged them.

Meanwhile, on the Decepticon ship, Eliminator stood on the bridge by the bridge by the main viewscreen. "We've got them.... I want you to board that ship and personally kill the two Autobot delegates. Take as many Decepticons with you as you need."

Tanker left with some other Decepticons and blasted open an entrance to the Autobot ship.

She clutched Antilles tighter. He gently comforted her.

"What's going to happen to us?" she asked, her voice shaking.

Antilles gently placed his arms around her.

Deep in her heart, she knew what was going to happen. They were both going to get killed. It was waiting for the end that was so frightening. She wished it would end soon and without pain and hoped her son would remain safe. It didn't take long for the Decepticons to find them. She turned around to look at them, trying to hide her fear. Antilles took a step in front of her.

"What do you want?" he asked, nervous, his hand edging slowly to his gun.

The reply to his question was a blast in the stomach, and head. He fell to the floor.

"Antilles!" she exclaimed in shock.

She tried to grab the gun, but one of the Decepticons blasted her in her shoulder, chest and stomach. She yelped with pain and was blasted again. She fell to the floor, next to Antilles. The little Autobot stared with horror at what had happened. He didn't see who shot them, but he saw the blasts hit them. Eliminator radioed Tanker. "Have the Autobots been eliminated?"

"Yes, they have. One male and one female."

"A female ...." said Eliminator with surprise. "Return..."

"Wait, .... I'm picking up Autobot readings somewhere in the ship. There's another Autobot in here somewhere."

"Another one? But there were only two delegates to attend the peace conference. The third must be backup. Find him and kill him."

"Yes, sir," growled Tanker. Eliminator was not their leader. Whenever Lord High Command wasn't around, he was such a bossy boots!

The Decepticons began looking for the third Autobot.

The little Autobot was still hiding in the compartment. He ran out of it to the two other Autobots and turned his mother over. She was covered in blast holes and bleeding. He gently shook her. She still hadn't moved. The little Autobot couldn't understand why. He didn't know what 'dead' was, but he knew somehow, his parents were not coming back. He stayed by them, crying softly.

Tanker and the other Decepticons returned to the main section of the ship.

"There's the other one!" exclaimed another of the Decepticons.

Tanker pointed his gun at the little Autobot, ready to fire. The little Autobot looked up at Tanker and the other Decepticons. Had they come to help him? Would they hurt him? He stayed still. Tanker took a few steps toward him. He saw the little Autobot was very upset.

"Don't move" he ordered, harshly.

The little Autobot looked up at him, confused, but unable to express his feelings. He didn't even know that it was the Decepticons that had killed his parents. Tanker couldn't understand why this Autobot didn't seem frightened of him. He stepped closer. The little Autobot stayed still, hoping these newcomers would help him. Tanker was confused.

Why's he looking at me with hope instead of fear? ... Maybe he's hoping I won't shoot him.

The little Autobot then stood up and stepped closer to Tanker. God, he was so small! Tanker became even more confused. He decided the Autobot would probably be more use to them alive for now - to give any information he had.

"You're coming with me" he said.

The little Autobot nodded. Tanker took hold of him and wondered why the Autobot wasn't trying to struggle free. The Decepticons then left the ship. The little Autobot took one last look at his late parents, wishing they could come with him, but somehow knowing that was not possible. There was nothing he could do to help them. He sadly closed his eyes and let Tanker take him aboard the Decepticon ship.

Tanker was very puzzled at why this little Autobot hadn't tried to escape in any way. Perhaps he's just too frightened, he thought to himself. He radioed Eliminator. "I have brought the third Autobot back for interrogation. I feel he might be useful."

There was a pause, which made Tanker feel nervous.

"Good." came the reply. "Make sure he doesn't escape."

"Uh ... yeah ... right, your mightiness."

"And don't be a smart ass!"

Tanker made a horrid face into his communicator.

The little Autobot was sitting down, not knowing what to do or expect.

"What do you know?" demanded Tanker.

At first, the little Autobot hadn't realised Tanker was talking to him. He understood the words, but he didn't know what to say. Tanker asked this question again and again, growing more and more impatient.

"Will you answer me!?" he said angrily. It wasn't meant as a question.

The little Autobot didn't know exactly how to answer him, but he heard the anger in Tanker's voice.

His parents had been angry with him once. He didn't like that. "Please don't be angry with me" he said softly and sadly. "I haven't dome anything wrong."

Tanker was surprised and puzzled by this reply. He looked at the Autobot again. "What do you know?" he asked again, trying to clam himself.

"I don't know anything" said the little Autobot. "Am I meant to know something?"

"Don't play with me, Autobot...." threatened Tanker coldly. "You must know something. You and the other two Autobots were..."

Tanker was interrupted by Eliminator. "Tanker, report to the bridge."

Tanker looked down at the little Autobot. "I'll be back."

He reported as ordered.

"Have you learned anything from the Autobot?"

"Not yet. "He won't tell me anything."

"Well go back and force him to tell you. And if he doesn't - Do not hesitate to kill him."

"Yes, your Excellency."

Eliminator glared at Tanker. "I'm warning you ... Insult me again and I'll..."

"You'll what? You're not our bloody leader you know, although you like to think you are."

Eliminator glowered, then turned away from Tanker as he returned to the little Autobot, gun in hand. Tanker started to feel hungry and knelt down and took an energon cube out of the compartment and began to drink it. The little Autobot looked in the compartment and saw a small energon cube in there. He was quite hungry as well. He reached for the cube, but was stopped by Tanker.

"No you don't, Autobot."

The little one was confused as to why Tanker was being so harsh to him. "Hungry..." he said softly.

"I don't care" snapped Tanker, drinking his cube.

The little Autobot reached again for the cube.

"I said no!!" yelled Tanker, slapping him.

"But why.... Please.... I'm hungry....."

Tanker looked down at the little Autobot, looking up at him, hopefully. Tanker didn't want to, but he found himself giving into the childlike eyes.

"Oh ... all right ...." he grumbled, grabbing an energon cube and thrusting it at the Autobot. "Drink."

The little Autobot drank the small energon cube. "Thank you" he said, after he'd finished.

"Yeah, yeah ... enough of this - Tell me what you know."

"I told you before," said the little Autobot, " I don't know anything."

"And I'm a toaster. You and those two other Autobots were on your way to Omicron Three for a peace conference. You must know something. What secrets were you all going to divulge at the conference?"

"What is a con frense and what is die vulg?"

"Don't play stupid with me, Autobot. Now what -"

"We weren't going to the place you called Omicron Three. Me and my parents were flying in the space ship. We were going back to ...Si ... Sy ... Cyber....tron." The word was quite hard for him to pronounce.

"Your parents?" said Tanker, puzzled. "On your way to Cybertron?" He looked down at the little Autobot. "How old are you?"

"One week and six days."

"... Y.... you weren't aware of any peace conference on Omicron Three?"

"I don't even know what that is. What is peace? What is a conf...."

"Doesn't matter ... Now, about your parents. They-"

"My mother and father. We were flying to Cybertron when our ship shook. My mother told me to hide in the place and stay in there. I didn't know what was happening. I was so frightened. I wanted to stay with her, but she got angry and told me to stay in the place." The little Autobot was upset. "Why was she angry with me?" he asked, starting to cry. "I didn't do anything bad. She said she loved me, but she was angry with me .... When I was hiding in the place, I saw a beams of light hit my parents and they fell to the floor. It hurt them and they were bleeding. I wanted to go to them, but I was frightened. I didn't want the beams to hit me. Then some other people came onto the ship. They were looking for something, I guess. When they left, I ran out of the place to my parents. They were lying on the floor and not moving. They were bleeding. I talked to them, but they wouldn't answer me .... What have I done wrong? Why were they so angry with me?" The little Autobot cried more.

Tanker, although he forced himself not to, began to feel sorry for the little one. We killed the wrong Autobots he thought. We killed this kid's parents .... He looked down at the child. "They weren't angry with you," he said, calmly.

"Then why wouldn't they talk to me?"

"They were ... They were .... They weren't angry with you. The light you saw hit them ... well, that ...."

"They weren't angry...." The little Autobot hoped that was right. "But what happened to them?"

"What's your name?" asked, Tanker, changing the subject.

"I don't have one."

"Didn't your parents call you anything?" asked Tanker, puzzled.

The little Autobot shook his head. "Mummy was still trying to think of a sootable one."

"Wait here" said Tanker. "I have to see someone." He stood up and walked to Eliminator.

"Have you got any information from him yet?"

"Well, no, not ... well...."

"I told you to kill him if he didn't tell you anything. Have you done that?"

"No."

"Well, go and do it. Perhaps we shouldn't've been so hasty in killing the other two. We might've extracted some valuable information from them ... Ahh well, we'd have killed them all anyway."

"You stupid idiot!" Tanker yelled. "We killed the wrong Autobots!"

"What?!"

"We killed the parents of a two week old kid Autobot. They were on their way back to Cybertron, or so the child says. The reason I haven't been able to extract any information from him is because he doesn't have any. He doesn't know anything. The child even asked me what a peace conference was."

Eliminator smiled at that. How could anyone be so stupid?

"And I haven't killed him, because there may be a chance that we could turn him into a Decepticon."

"All right," Eliminator growled, trying to put aside his hatred for the Autobots for the time being. "Take me to him."

Eliminator pointed his gun at the child. The little Autobot looked up at him. He wasn't frightened, as he had no knowledge of weapons.

"What is that?" asked the little Autobot, curiously.

Eliminator lowered the gun, frowning. "It doesn't matter," he said. "About your .... parents. What happened to them?"

The little Autobot told Eliminator what he had told Tanker and he could see he had to be very calm and patient with this child - Something he was not good at.

"Your parents were killed," he said, slowly.

The little Autobot wasn't exactly sure what 'killed' actually meant, he had some idea. Eliminator did not want to tell the Autobot the exact details of why his parents were killed.

"The laser cannon on our ship malfunctioned," he lied. "It...."

"Mal...func...tioned?" repeated the Little Autobot, with quizzical look on his face. "What is that?"

"This is going to be harder than I thought" Eliminator said.

Tanker knelt down to the little Autobot. "The laser weapon on our ship wasn't working properly. It accidentally shot your parents, but they were the wrong Autobots. It didn't mean to shoot them and we're very sorry."

The little Autobot looked up at Tanker. "They're not coming back?"

Tanker shook his head gently. "No."

The little Autobot was in tears. "Who will look after me now?"

"We will."

Eliminator looked at Tanker in surprise.

"Can I see you for a moment please? In private."

Tanker followed Eliminator out into the corridor.

"What the hell do you think you're doing? HAVE YOU LOST YOU MIND? I may not be your leader, but what do you think LHC's going to say? What are you going to tell him? 'Oh, I'm sorry, sir, but this little Autobot followed me home. Can I keep him?'"

Tanker smiled, then said, "if we raise the child" he said, "he'll become one of us."

"His parents were Autobots for Cybertron's sake!"

"So were Kamikaze's."

"And look where Kamikaze is now, Tanker. He joined the blasted Autobots!"

"True, but this one isn't Kamikaze. It might not be easy all the way, but the child has to learn to be a Decepticon. We'll have to put up with his childlike behaviour for a while, but he'll grow out of that. They all do."

"I sure hope you know what you're doing, Tanker. By the way, what's the kid's name?"

"Oh ... he said he didn't have one."

"You'd better give him one."

Tanker thought for a while. "Nyx" he said.

Eliminator nodded. "I don't know why , but that name seems to suit him rather well."

Tanker returned to the little Autobot. "Would you like a name?" he asked.

The little Autobot nodded. "But my parents have been killed. They didn't give me a name. I guess I shall never have a name..." He looked quite sad.

"I'll give you one" Tanker said.

The little Autobot's face brightened. "You will! Thank you!"

"How about Nyx? N-y-x."

"Nyx," repeated the little Autobot and he smiled. "Thank you. I like that name."

Tanker smiled and sat down next to Nyx.

During the flight, Nyx asked many questions. Tanker forced himself to put up with it, as children were like that.

The Decepticon shuttlecraft arrived on Planet Decepticon within a few hours and soon arrived at Decepticon headquarters.

"Wow!..." gasped Nyx, in awe of its size. "What is this place?"

"Your new home," replied Tanker.

"Thank you," said Nyx. "Why are you being so nice to me?"

"Because .... err .... We like you" said Eliminator. "We care about all Decepticons."

Tanker and Eliminator explained to their leader, Lord High Command of the incident.

"I don't suppose it'll hurt," he said. Bring the child here." For a Decepticon, LHC was quite understanding and reasonable.

"His name's Nyx," Tanker told LHC.

LHC was much, much larger than Nyx, and the little Autobot couldn't help feeling afraid.

"I'm not going to hurt you, Nyx," he said calmly.

Inwardly he felt responsible for the deaths of the child's parents. The peace conference to be held on Omicron Three was going to be a severe blow to the Decepticons, as the Autobots among thousands of other delegates were to attend. He had thought to eliminate the Autobot delegation would have eliminated the danger to the Decepticons, but unfortunately some innocent Autobots had been killed in the process, but in a war, sometimes the innocent get involved and it all becomes a blur. Perhaps the war will end someday thought LHC and we won't have to worry about all this Decepticons versus Autobots bullshit. He knelt down to Nyx and welcomed him to the Decepticons, and gave him a bright new shining Decepticon insignia.

"Thank you" said Nyx again, to LHC, who replaced his Autobot symbol. Of course the child at this time had no idea what the insignia represented, and thought it was a nice shiny purple thing. "What is this for?" he asked.

LHC couldn't help laughing. Unlike most Decepticons, his laugh sounded gentle and warm. This child had much to learn.

"You're a Decepticon now," he said. "All Decepticons wear this purple symbol."

"Oh," said Nyx. "Thank you."

During the next few days, Nyx was introduced to other Decepticons. He had never been around many people before and felt quite shy. And needless to say, the Decepticons weren't exactly used to having a very inquisitive child around.

"How much longer must we put up with this infantile behaviour, LHC?" Eliminator fumed. "You know what he asked me? He asked me what a war was and what weapons were and why we have them. I told him not to touch them. I mean at first I let him look at my gun and he started pointing it at himself. I mean how stupid can you ..."

LHC sighed. "Calm down, Eliminator. A transformer child is a very rare thing. They're constructed on a daily grow basis. They grow as they get older. Now most Transformers, be they Autobot or Decepticon are constructed already full grown with all the knowledge we need, even though we learn with time. It must be a unique experience to grow like Nyx will."

"Well, if you put it that way..."

"Try to be more patient with him. He's just a kid - and when he grows up, you'll probably miss that."

"Not likely!" Eliminator said, exiting.

LHC smiled. His brother was always so impatient. LHC watched Eliminator go, and wondered if he should ever tell him. As far as Eliminator was concerned, his little brother was killed a long time ago by the Autobots, and that's why he hated them so much. Being a Decepticon, he'd never been overtly keen on them anyway, but LHC had reformed and reconstructed himself and he wondered if he could ever tell his brother the truth.

During the next few months, Nyx was taught about the war, what it meant, and the Autobots were now his enemies. Being so young, it was still all rather new to him. He knew his parents were Autobots, and if they were alive, he wouldn't want to fight them, but the Decepticons had taken care of him, and taken him in.

As Nyx grew older, he began to grow more wary. He had often thought about his parents, and what the Decepticons had told him about what had happened to them. At first, being so young and naive, he had believed them, but now he began to think, that it was a mighty coincidence that his parents had been killed, and he wound up on a Decepticon ship. He knew now that his parents had been killed by laser fire. Deep down, Nyx knew the Decepticons had killed them. He wanted to feel angry, but he wasn't, just upset. He remembered Tanker standing there, with his gun. Nyx, now knew full well that Tanker could have easily killed him, but he hadn't.

Maybe he felt sorry for me. Nyx knew there was only one way to find out. - Ask Tanker.

"You're asking me the hardest question I could ever answer, you know that, don't you?"

Nyx nodded. "But I need an answer," he said, his voice much deeper now. "I can't live in the dark all my life. You saw my parents get killed. I'm not a baby anymore, Tanker for Cybertron's sake! Tell me the truth - please!"

Tanker nodded. "I knew someday I'd have to. I didn't kill your parents," he started.

"Who did? I know it was a Decepticon."

Tanker nodded. There'd be no use in hiding it now.

"The two Decepticons who killed your parents were killed themselves in a battle four years ago. That's about a year after your parents were killed."

Nyx felt glad. He didn't know what the hell he'd do if they were still alive today. He'd want to kill them, but how could he?

"And why didn't you kill me?"

Tanker took a breath. "You were just a child. I .. felt I couldn't ...."

"So you fed me a bunch of crap, so I'd want to join the Decepticons?" Nyx didn't hide the anger in his voice.

"Well, what did you expect me to do? If I hadn't, they'd have killed you. I saved your life, Nyx. If I hadn't done what I did you'd be dead now, like your parents."

Tanker's words stung Nyx, but he knew they were true.

"I don't want to be angry with you, Tanker ... I mean you're the closest one I have to a friend, but I feel lost here - out of place, and I don't know what to do about it ...."

Tanker felt sympathetic. "I wish I could help you, but I'm sorry, I can't."

Nyx sat in his quarters, bored. He was always bored. He'd cleaned his quarters, and rearranged them more times that he cared to count and polished all his metal belongings countless times over. He wasn't much good at fighting and LHC had given him tactical duties. At least that gave him some pleasure. He preferred working out strategies and plans a hell of a lot more than shooting people. He often worked with Claira, but she never said much to him, or to anyone, but she always looked at him, and seemed as if she was staring, which gave Nyx the creeps and he hated it. Why did she stare at him like that. Didn't she like him? Was it because his parents were Autobots? Thinking about it made Nyx quite angry.

One time, he was sitting across a schematic table from Claira and he caught her looking at him. Nyx could hold it no longer. "What the hell are you starting at me for! I am sick and tired of it! You always stare at me!"

Claira jumped. "I was only ...."

"Staring," Nyx accused.

"I'm sorry, I .... just...."

"Well, you can just stop!"

Nyx glared at Claira, who had all of a sudden become quiet as a mouse, as usual. She was quite a boring person. Hardly ever said anything. Nyx didn't want to work with her, but she was the Chief Tactical and Operations Officer, and he grudgingly had to admit that she was the best - even better than him - and he was quite good. Perhaps Claira wasn't much of a fighter either. Nyx looked up, and saw her with her head on the desk, buried in her arms. What's she doing? Looking for microbes? and then he heard something, faint and unclear, but was sure the noise came from Claira.

"Are you all right?" he asked, being careful not to sound too sympathetic. He didn't get an answer, and then, he heard the faint sound again, and listened carefully. Is she crying? Nyx took a breath, stood up and approached her, slowly, not making a sound, then put his hands on her shoulders. "Claira?"

She gasped and jumped, and instantly hid her face again, but that instant was enough for Nyx to see her teary eyes, and he felt terrible. "I didn't mean to upset you..." he began, feeling like an idiot. "It's just that I don't like you staring at me...."

Claira began to look up, and dried her eyes. "I'm sorry...."

"It makes me nervous," Nyx said. "Am I doing something wrong? Do I look funny?"

Claira smiled. "No, it's not that."

"Then what is it?"

"Something private," she said. "I don't know if I can tell you, and certainly not here."

"Well, then, where can we go that's more private? I'd really like to ..."

"I'm not sure I can tell you ...."

"It's private and it's about me," Nyx said, "and I have a right to know."

Claira nodded. "Okay. I owe you that."

Nyx smiled and helped her up. This was the longest conversation he's ever had with her.

Claira chose a small room, and sat down with Nyx.

"Now, this won't be easy for me," she started.

"Just tell me," Nyx said gently.

"Your parents were Autobots, were they not?"

All of a sudden anger welled up inside Nyx. "If that's what this is about, you think that because my parents were Autobots, that I'm not fit to be a Decepticon?"

"It's...."

"And I thought you had something important to say!"

Nyx stood in a rage, ready to storm out.

"Well if you'd just listen to me you'll know that that's not

what I was going to say!"

Nyx jumped. This was the first time he'd heard Claira snap - at anyone, so he instantly sat down.

Claira took a deep breath and continued, "I'm sorry if this is too personal for you, but how did you feel when you were taken by the Decepticons and ...."

Claira began to ask questions about his parents and how he felt. Nyx began to tell her exactly how he felt, not knowing at all where this was leading. "Now that I've answered your questions truthfully," he said, "may I ask why you've asked them?"

Claira nodded. "I felt the same way."

"About what?" Nyx asked, confused. Claira was a very confusing sort.

Claira took a deep breath and looked at him. "I was the only survivor when my city on Cybertron was attacked. I hid so that the Decepticons wouldn't find me, but they sent some troops in to survey the damage, and one of them found me. I was terrified at the time. He was just so big and I was only two and a half weeks old. I was constructed my the same method as you, the rare Transformer growth program. I started to cry, not knowing what else to do, but then he lowered his gun and picked me up. For some reason, I knew he wasn't going to hurt me. He told me his name was LHC. My parents were killed that raid. He felt sorry for me and he brought me here.... And now you're staring."

Nyx gave a small smile, his eyes still wide. "Oh my God .... I'm sorry, I didn't know ... I'm so sorry I yelled at you .... I ..."

Claira smiled gently. "It's all right. I guess I really want to know more about the way you feel about your parents. If I'm too getting too personal .... Do you often think about them, and what it would be like if they were alive and you were still with them?"

"Everyday."

Claira nodded. "I do too. I know LHC was only being kind to me, and he's shown me nothing but kindness, but I'm lonely here, and I don't think I'd fit in with the Autobots either."

"I'm not sure I would either and, Claira, you should smile more often, It makes you look much prettier."

Claira smiled. "You really think so? No one's every called me pretty before."

Nyx smiled at her. He'd enjoy working with her from now on. He felt sort of like a brother to her. Nyx felt grateful that he'd made another friend. It made life here more bearable. Tanker said he was always there to help, but some times, Nyx felt he needed a more intimate friend, and that was Claira.

Nyx sat board in his quarters. He and Claira hadn't been given any new strategies or anything to plan for at least a fortnight now. He sat on the ledge, bored. He had gone for a walk the other day. Planet Decepticon had lovely wilderness, outside the Decepticon base there were large lush forests, and oceans, where he had seen whales frolic in the water. But today was dark and gloomy out and he didn't feel like going for a stroll. He jumped when he heard Eliminator's voice over his com-link.

"Prepare to receive an Autobot spy."

"Why don't you take him to the prison block?"

"LHC wants her interrogated."

"Bring her in..." sighed Nyx. Interrogating an Autobot was the last thing he wanted to do.

Eliminator arrived within a few minutes and roughly pushed the Autobot inside, then left. Nyx looked down and allowed the Autobot to stand. Rather young, he thought, then he addressed her.

"You were caught spying," he said in an even tone.

She nodded, knowing it would be no use to lie.

"What's your name?" Nyx asked.

The Autobot frowned for a moment. This was an unusual way to interrogate someone. Nyx for his part was sick and tired of Autobot interrogations. It's always the same. Me asking them what plans they know and them either telling me they don't know or to go to hell Why bother?

"Annel," she said.

"Well, what information did you discover, Annel?"

"Only that Eliminator talks to his gun when no one's looking."

Before he could catch himself, Nyx laughed, then straightened his face. "Uhh ... anything else?"

"Nup, the bugger got me before I could get any more."

Nyx smiled. This was the most unusual female he'd ever encountered. Not at all timid like he had expected.

"You're lucky he didn't shoot you."

"S'pose so. And as for you next line of questions, I don't know any plans, strategies or anything. It's not as if we Autobots are one big happy family. Sure it's sometimes like that, but I do my bit for the cause, and I'm gone. I'm a bit of a loner, you see."

Nyx saw exactly. "I'm afraid I don't want to do what I have to do next."

"You are a weird Decepticon, ya know."

"Yes, I guess I am, but I am a Decepticon and my orders are to...."

"Kill me once you've got what you want out of me otherwise you'll get killed, right? Well, I make my own orders and they're to get the hell outta here - otherwise I'll get killed!" Before Nyx could react, Annel pulled a gun from a small compartment on herself and shot him, then darted out of his quarters, but she left a parting message. "Tell Eliminator to say 'bye' to his gun for me, will ya?"

Although he definitely wasn't gong to, Nyx smiled. That was some blast from such a little gun and he was angry at being overtaken by such a small Autobot, but he had to admire her. She showed no fear and was quite a character, and Eliminator had quite forgotten about the whole thing. He was always hauling Autobots into the headquarters, so Nyx thought it best not to mention Annel's parting words, but secretly let the other Decepticons know Eliminator's secret, which gave him great pleasure.

Not a few weeks later, Nyx was ordered to interrogate another Autobot. Perhaps this one'll be as interesting and weird as that Annel... The Autobot was thrown into his quarters as usual. Oh great ... a child ... groaned Nyx. He dreaded the day he'd have to interrogate one, but he saw this one was at least a few years old, not quite as young as he had been when the Decepticons had first interrogated him. He almost giggled at that now. He hadn't known anything! Nyx looked at the Autobot on the floor, and noticed how nervous he was, and couldn't blame him. The Autobot slowly stood, and looked at Nyx, more nervous. Nyx knew at once this was going to be a boring interrogation - with him having to be patient with this child. He thought back on how patient the Decepticons had been at first with him, and appreciated that, so didn't want to be harsh.

"Were you spying?" he asked.

The child shook his head.

"I hate interrogating someone and not knowing their name. My name's Nyx, what's yours?"

"Will," the Autobot answered nervously.

"Well, Will," Nyx said, hating the next question. "Do you know of any Autobot plans?" What stupid question to ask a kid.

"I .... I don't know any ..." Will said, nervous.

"Strategies?" Nyx asked.

Will shook his head. "What's that?"

"Forget it."

Nyx asked the young Autobot other questions, all of which he couldn't answer. Nyx knew what he had to do next and was not looking forward to it. He looked at the small Autobot. Will knew that look, and closed his eyes.

"Please don't..." he said in his soft, frightened voice.

"I'm sorry, but I have to..."

Nyx picked up his gun and set it to kill. "It'll be quick and painless" he said, knowing what a fat load of comfort that was.

"Please..." wailed Will, looking up at Nyx in tears. "Please don't kill me .... I haven't done anything wrong ...."

Nyx inhaled a breath. That's what I said ... Oh God, why does it have to be so damn hard! I hate this war! Killing is bad enough but killing innocent children is where I draw the line!

"All right," he said, "I'm letting you go..."

Will's eyes widened. "You're what?"

"Letting you go, but you can't tell anyone. Tell them you escaped."

Will nodded. "But why? I thought all Decepticons were mean and horrible and kill Autobots."

"This war is mean and horrible and the sooner it's over, the better. There's a transport leaving for Cybertron with minimal crew compliment," seeing Will's puzzled look, Nyx said, "there won't be many Decepticons on it. Transform into your vehicular mode and I'll hide you, then get off on the far side of Cybertron and be sure no one sees you."

"Thank you, Nyx," Will said, sincere.

With Will safely aboard the transport, Nyx began to return to his quarters, feeling rather good about himself, then a voice sounded over his internal com-link.

"Nyx, this is LHC. Report to my office at once." The voice sounded cold.

Nyx swallowed. Oh shit.

Nyx approached LHC's office, dreading every step. Not two weeks ago, he had tapped into the security camera system to spy on his fellow Decepticons, and he had seen LHC vaporise two of them for disloyalty. Apparently they had been selling important information to the Autobots for excess energon cubes. No matter now much they begged, LHC had killed them anyway. No doubt aiding a prisoner to escape was disloyal, but if LHC heard his story first. He had listened to the other two tell their story. But what if LHC didn't like his story, as he hadn't with theirs? I wish I was dead ... no I don't ... I wish I could just disappear ....

He approached the door to LHC's office. Nyx closed his eyes and swallowed, then sounded the door chime.

"Come in, Nyx."

Nyx knew it would do no good just standing there, or trying to run away, so he entered, looking as clam as he possible could, the door closing behind him.

"Sit down," LHC gestured.

Nyx did as he was told.

"I don't have to tell you why I've asked you here, do I?"

Nyx shook his head.

"Enlighten me, Nyx. You're lucky I'm reasonable. Any other Decepticon leader - take Megatron on Earth for example, would destroy you in an instant, but I am willing to listen to you."

"Thank you, sir and I am grateful for that." Nyx took a deep breath and started. "He was a child, sir, called Will. He made me think of what it was like when I was a child ... and ...."

"You aided an enemy to escape, Nyx."

"I know what it sounds like, or may have looked like, sir, and with interest, how did you know?"

"I saw you on the security cameras. You're lucky no one else did."

"He was frightened, sir. I interrogated him, and he didn't understand half the stuff I was asking him. Do you remember the first time I was interrogated?"

LHC smiled. "Although I wasn't there personally, I was filled in on it."

"And you were not angry with Tanker for choosing not to kill me, even though I was an Autobot?"

"Where is this leading? I'm not the one being interrogated."

"You welcomed me and helped me, even though I was an Autobot, when you could have easily killed me."

"True," LHC said.

"And what about Claira?"

"What about her?"

"She told me about how you rescued her after the Decepticons had attacked her city and killed her parents. Why did you not kill her?"

"I didn't want to."

"Just like you didn't want to kill me?"

LHC saw exactly where this was headed now, but nodded his head. "I see."

"You don't have the heart to kill children and neither do I. This is a war for Cybertron's sake. It's bad enough without dragging children into it." Nyx resented the war, eve since he had been dragged into it.

LHC nodded. He couldn't kill or even punish Nyx for something he'd done himself - twice. "I agree with you. To be honest, I hope this war blows over soon. I'm tired of it, and tired of fighting. It's become such a blur, and rules and orders don't seem to be straight forward anymore."

Nyx agreed.

"Don't let any other Decepticons know about this."

"I won't, sir, and thank you."

LHC nodded, grateful he didn't have to kill Nyx. He rather liked him. He was a good worker, never caused any trouble and never complained, or nagged, which was a bonus in LHC's book, and he was glad Claira had made a friend.

A few uneventful weeks came and went. Nyx was feeling rather bored. The weather was clearing up today, and he spent the day out by the sea and saw some whales again in the ocean. The songs he heard them sing were lovely ....

Nyx returned to the base later in the day.

"Head's up, Nyx," came a voice over his quarters commu-link. It was Eliminator. "LHC's ordered you to interrogate another Autobot. You get all the luck."

He calls it luck. I call it a curse. Another Autobot interrogation. What a bore. "Great.... Can't he get someone else to do it?"

"You are not busy and it needs to be done are you telling me you're going to disobey a direct order from LHC?"

Nyx straightened. "No, of course not."

No matter how understanding LHC was, he did command respect and fear, and Nyx didn't want to be on his bad side, like he almost had been a few weeks ago.

"And," Eliminator added, "his orders are to kill her when you're through, in whatever manner you see fit."

He's testing my loyalty Nyx thought. I am loyal, but why does he have to test me this way? Nyx bit his lower lip and faced his wall, as the Autobot was shown in. He was surprised, when he hadn't heard them hit the floor. Eliminator must be in a good mood. Nyx didn't bother to turn around.

"What's your name?" asked he asked.

"Larah," came a frightened female voice.

Nyx paused and frowned. Larah. Somehow the voice and name sounded distantly familiar. And so Nyx turned around and looked at her. He was taller and larger than her, and she looked very timid and frightened. She did look familiar.

"You say your name is Larah?"

She nodded. "Please don't hurt me ...."

Nyx could see the poor woman was shivering. Great - what the heck am I going to do after I've finished interrogating her? I don't want to kill her. I can give her to somebody else, but that's taking the coward's way out and she'll die anyway... Oh, God, what is it with me? I'm supposed to be a ruthless, cold-blooded Decepticon and Autobots are supposed to be my sworn enemies...

"What Autobot plans do you know?" Nyx asked, holding back a temptation to yawn at the boring question.

"I don't have any knowledge of plans against the Decepticons. I'm not part of the Autobot resistance movement as they call it, although I do wish this horrible war would end. I'm not very strong, so I couldn't do much anyway..."

Nyx spotted a tear rolling down her cheek. Nyx reasoned that she was probably scared, but asked anyway. "What's the matter?"

"Nothing you could fix," she said, her voice bitter.

"Don't get that tone with me, lady," Nyx argued. "I haven't done anything."

"Maybe not you personally," she said, but the Decepticons killed two people I loved."

"That happens in a war."

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?"

"No," Nyx said, trying to ignore the bitterness in her voice. "Uhh, how did it happen?"

"Are you going to interrogate me about plans, or my personal life?"

"I'll interrogate you however I wish!" Nyx snapped, "now answer my question."

She nodded, becoming frightened again. "All three of us, my son, his father and I were on our way back to Cybertron ... when the Decepticons attacked ... this was about eighteen years ago now. I was so frightened .... " She wiped a tear away from her face. "They were both killed. I was shot, but later our derelict craft was found by Autobot mercenaries, who repaired me."

"What about the other two?" Nyx asked, inwardly feeling sorry for her.

"I ... I was just getting to that. His father was beyond repair and one of the last things I remember was telling my child to hide in a nearby compartment, but he wasn't there.... the Decepticons must've killed him. Ohh, how could they kill a child ...."

Nyx took in what she had just said. But that's what happened .. My god ... It can't be .... He swallowed. "Did your .... child have a name?"

Larah looked at Nyx and shook her head. "No," she said, still sobbing. "We were still deciding...."

"Excuse me," Nyx said, then bolting out of his room, almost forgetting to lock the door behind him.

Larah frowned. What a strange Decepticon. What a strange interrogation! And why had he run off like that? What had happened? Confused, Larah looked around - something that might give her a clue. She was good at finding information, and quickly as well, for she had to find out something before the Decepticon returned.

Nyx burst into LHC's office with such force, he almost took the door off.

"Sir..." he panted. "I need so see you - now."

"Right now?

"Yes - right now. It's urgent."

"All right, all right, calm down. Now tell me why you're so .... worried, the Autobot didn't 'escape' did she?"

Nyx almost smiled. "No, sir, but she's who I came about."

LHC looked disappointed. "Don't tell me, you can't bring yourself to kill her."

"I know this is a test of my loyalty, but sir..."

"How did you know that?"

"With all due respect, Sir, I'm not stupid, but you're right. I can't kill her."

LHC sighed. "Please don't make me kill you, Nyx, but that's what Im going to have to do if you don't..."

"Please sir, you don't understand. I can't kill her."

"Why?" LHC asked, anger in his voice, "because she's a helpless, small, innocent, pretty female Autobot?! If you don't kill her? You're a Decepticon for Primus sake!"

Nyx glared at LHC and yelled at him. "Well, then you'd better kill me because she's my mother!"

Larah was into Nyx's computer, trying to find out all the information she could about him.

"Accessing," the computer said. "Decepticon, Nyx, given that name by Decepticon Tanker. Discovered 18 years ago..."

"My god...." was LHC's reaction. "I thought your parents were killed."

"I thought so too. She said she was repaired. Please, please don't make me kill her, sir " Nyx begged. ".... please...."

God, what is it with me? LHC thought. I'm supposed to be a ruthless, cold-blooded Decepticon and Autobots are supposed to be my sworn enemies...

"I suppose you'll want to be leaving with her. You won't want to stay here ...."

"No, sir, but I'll never forget what you and some other Decepticons here have done for me."

"Of course I won't order you to kill your mother..."

"Ohh, thank you, sir, but how will we..."

"You can 'steal' my private shuttle. I'll switch off the security cameras and defence systems."

"Thank you, with all due respect, I really don't understand why we're fighting this war."

LHC shook his head. "Neither do I."

Nyx re-entered his quarters.

"Larah," he said, " I'm not going to hurt you, or kill you, or ask you anymore stupid questions," Nyx paused. "And I'm taking you away from here."

Before Larah could react, Nyx took her out of is quarters, en route to LHC's shuttle. He lead her inside it.

"Stay here. I have to see some people."

He felt he had to say goodbye to his friends, Claira and Tanker.

"Sorry to see you go, Nyx" Tanker said, "I'll miss you. I wish we hadn't attacked your ship in the first place. It's made your life hell."

Nyx sighed. "It happened a long time ago, and can't be helped."

"I'm glad for you, Nyx, I really am, by the way, ask your mum what she thinks of your name!"

Nyx smiled. "I will."

"You're leaving," Claira said.

Nyx nodded, and told her, what had happened. Claira didn't bother to hide her tears of happiness for her friend, only hoping that someday perhaps one of her parents, or both of them would be alive, no matter how far fetched the thought.

"I'm glad you came to say goodbye...."

There was a pause, then the two leaned forward, and kissed, one that lasted a long time. "I'll miss you, Nyx, she said, sadly.

"And I you."

"Perhaps I'll leave here someday too. I've always fancied space exploration myself. Perhaps we could go together, but you need time with your mother first. There's a lot she can help you with, and I'd just be in the way."

"I wouldn't say that, Claira, but I'll come back and 'rescue' you one, day, I promise."

Claira smiled. "I'll be waiting for you, my Lancelot!"

Nyx smiled.

He found his way to LHC's shuttle, climbed inside and closed the hatch.

"Sorry I was so long, just had to say goodbye to some fiends." He started the launch sequence, and the shuttle took off. When they were safely away from Planet Decepticon, Nyx turned around.

"You're probably wondering what in blazes am I doing and that I'm the strangest Decepticon you've ever encountered, right? Well, I'm not a Decepticon anymore, and he removed the shiny purple thing, now knowing full well what it represented. Nyx looked into his mother's beautiful small eyes.

"Larah, there's something very important that I have got to tell you," he said in a serious tone.

Larah looked into Nyx's meaningful eyes. "I like your name," she said with a smile, but have you forgotten what I said to you?"

Nyx frowned. "What? When?"

She smiled warmly and kissed him.

"Always remember, I love you, little one."

 

*

 

The following six Transformers, I created separate from the Autobots/Decepticons who left Cybertron. The Decepticons are at war with the Autobots, but in outer space. The Decepticons have colonised a planet and named it Planet Decepticon, where they have constructed their humungous base. I have not drawn any of them yet, but have invented a colour scheme and how I imagine they look.

 

LORD HIGH COMMAND (JARD) - (D) Large, well built, mainly white - blue eyes.

EXECUTOR - (D) Small-average, blue, white and grey - blue eyes

ELIMINATOR - (D) Average size, white, grey, blue - red eyes.

CLAIRA - (D) Average size, feminine, black, maroon, white - purple eyes.

TANKER - (D) - Pic included.

NYX - (A) Small-average size, thinnish body blue, white, black, grey - blue eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LORD HIGH COMMAND [LHC] - Actual Name: JARD

ALLEGIANCE: DECEPTICON

FUNCTION:  LEADER (On Planet Decepticon)

"In time, the war shall end, fall one side, or both."

Profile: Lord High Command, or LHC for short is the leader of the Decepticon in outer space. They have colonised an uninhabited planet, and named it Planet Decepticon. It has been modernised and customised to suit the Decepticon needs, but most of the natural flora remains untouched. LHC, unlike most other Decepticons, is honest. He won't lie, unless he feels he has to. Unlike Megatron, LHC is more tolerant towards failures. He knows a Decepticon does not mean to fail, and therefore, considers it unfair to punish someone for something that isn't avoidable. He'll give them a stern talking to and perhaps a small threat, but he'll only punish them if he feels it's necessary. He has a very reasonable temper and very rarely loses it. He's not as fearsome as he looks. Although he won't admit it, LHC is very fond of Executor, a young Decepticon. One would think it's because Executor is so obedient, but it's not just that. Executor is the only Transformer that really cares about him. LHC is extremely lenient with Executor. He'd let him get away with just about anything. He's aware some Decepticons are jealous, and convinces them that Executor is a great asset to the Decepticon cause. They agree Executor is good at what he does, but know he's LHC's 'pet.' They try not to let it bother them, as they know they could never care as much for their leader as Executor does anyway. LHC is also extremely careful when he's with Executor, he's much stronger and larger than his, and he's afraid he might accidentally hurt his little friend. LHC is an excellent fighter and shows next to no mercy for his enemies. He'd rather not kill, but feels as a Decepticon, he feels he must, until the war ends - secretly he hopes that will be soon. His real name is Jard, but he keeps that a secret. Executor is the only other one who knows. Jard was Eliminator's young, brash, impulsive and impatient brother. He went on a reconnaissance mission against Eliminator's wishes. The ship was on was attacked by Autobots who had mistaken it for a battleship. As it was only a reconnaissance craft, it had limited defences. It went down and crashed on a planet. Jard was blown out into space. The planet's gravity pulled him down. The atmosphere was weak, so he survived. He wanted to rejoin the Decepticons, but as 'Jard' he was considered an inexperienced junior. He had learned a lot from this mission. He spent the following years reconstructing himself and his transforming mode, using parts and parts of the ship and of the other Decepticons, of whom all sixteen had died in the crash. He left the planet and flew back to Planet Decepticon. No one recognised him and he became their leader. Jard feels he should tell Eliminator. As he says, "he is, after all my brother."

Abilities: LHC has low fuel consumption for his size and power. He is a head larger than the Autobot Skyfire. In robot mode, he carries a powerful, Gyrojet Rocket Launcher. His hands can shoot bursts of highly explosive, forceful energy. He is capable of creating a force field, of which nothing but sound and light can penetrate. LHC is unaffected by most laser beams and can withstand heave artillery fire up to a certain point. Originally he was a ground/carrier vehicle, before he reconstructed himself. In his large space fighter mode, he has more weapons than one would care to count. Numerous plasma and particle blasters, lasers phasers, missile torpedo launchers, radio message scramblers, shields and more. He's virtually unstoppable in this mode.

Weaknesses: In Robot mode, LHC's force field cannot withstand photon blasts or high sound emissions. His weapons sometimes glitch in Space fighter mode. His affection for Executor can sometimes put missions and other Decepticons in danger. He cares about him like a brother and a son and won't let anything happen to him, even if it means interfering with the Decepticons cause. LHC's also torn up about telling Eliminator who he is. He's afraid the Decepticons will look upon him as Jard the junior, but he has to realise he's built a lot of respect up since then.

 

-- TECH SPECS --

STRENGTH -- 10      INTELLIGENCE -- 9

SPEED -- 9     RANK -- 10

ENDURANCE -- 9    COURAGE -- 10

FIREPOWER -- 9      SKILL -- 9

 

~~~~~~~~

 

EXECUTOR

ALLEGIANCE: DECEPTICON

FUNCTION:  WARRIOR/GUNNER

"Always trust your feelings and risk everything for your friends."

Profile: Executor is young and extremely obedient. He'll do whatever he's told, but will question the order if he doesn't understand. Not your average run of the mill, stereotype Decepticon. He prefers clerical work to fighting. He doesn't like killing either. Executor follows Lord High Command's plans to the letter. Originally, he obeyed, because he used to be petrified of the much larger, LHC, but he grew used to him and now they're very good friends. Now, Executor obeys because he wants to. He's is very fond of LHC. He doesn't excel for praise or promotion. He's quite content with his rank of Junior Officer and doesn't really aspire to be promoted to a higher rank. He'd still be friends with LHC, whatever his rank. The other Decepticons call him, 'LHC's Little Errand Boy.' Or 'LHC's Pet' This annoys Executor, but he puts up with the teasing, so long as it's not offensive or against LHC. Executor is very good and careful with what he does, which is another reason LHC likes him. To Executor, LHC is the most important person in the universe. Executor trusts LHC explicitly, and LHC returns that trust and friendship. He trusts Executor so much, that he told Executor his real name. Executor idolises LHC (Jard) and would do anything for him, even if it meant sacrificing himself.

Abilities: Executor transforms into a high speed space fighter. He's extremely manoeuvrable. He's equipped with two duel laser cannons, under his wings. His maximum speed is 2000 km/h, range 20 000 km. Very low fuel consumption. In robot mode he carries a small particle beam gun. He also has an in built radio transmission device, tuned into individual Decepticon frequencies. He's capable of jamming transmissions also.

Weaknesses: Sometimes Executor can be over protective of LHC, forgetting that LHC is more than quadruple his strength and more than that in power and can take care of himself, but LHC appreciates the concern. Executor will get extremely emotional and upset if LHC is ever angry, disappointed or upset with him. LHC will not give any other Decepticon permission to hurt of kill Executor, even though his rank is Junior Officer. The other higher ranking Decepticons feel that Executor is undermining their authority and this makes Executor unpopular at times, but mostly, the feeling passes.

-- TECH SPECS --

STRENGTH -- 4        INTELLIGENCE -- 7

SPEED -- 7     RANK -- 5

ENDURANCE -- 8    COURAGE -- 7

FIREPOWER -- 6      SKILL -- 7

 

~~~~~~~~~

ELIMINATOR

ALLEGIANCE: DECEPTICON

FUNCTION:  WARRIOR

"Autobots deserve NO mercy."

Profile: Eliminator shows absolutely NO mercy for Autobots. He loves fighting, killing even more. He prefers to kill his enemies in the most painful way possible. He also loves terrifying them and loves to see fear in their eyes, right before the kill. He's an exceptional and extremely formidable fighter and not an easy target. He's quick and has amazing manoeuvrability. He sometimes finds Autobots running away from him, before he even has a chance to fight them. It makes him feel important, but also angers him. It's no challenge. He hates feeling left out in a battle. And when the Autobots get the better of him. Oooohhh he hates that! Getting captured, for Eliminator is the most humiliating experience ever. He'd rather die than be taken prisoner. He'll do anything to escape, provided it doesn't involve grovelling. He always finds a way to get the Autobots to give him what he wants. One of Eliminator's favorite tricks, is pretending to be friendly with an Autobot, getting all information out of them, then killing them painfully after they've served their purpose. He loves to boast about his achievements, which bores some of his fellow Decepticons, but he says, listening to his boasting is a small price to pay for the elimination of all Autobots. They agree Eliminator's a valuable asset to their cause. Eliminator functions as an Autobot terminator. The reason for his merciless behaviour to the Autobots is, many years ago, Eliminator's younger brother, Jard went on a reconnaissance mission. Eliminator told him he wasn't ready for that yet, but Jard went anyway, against Eliminator's wishes. The space craft he was on was destroyed by the Autobots and all hands were lost. Eliminator loved his little brother, even though he'd never admit it. To this day, Eliminator has sworn he will fight until every last Autobot has been terminated.

Abilities: In attack cruiser mode, Eliminator's maximum speed is 60 000 km/s, range 200 000 km. Quite manoeuvrable. He's armed with dual torpedo launchers and phaser cannons. In robot mode, he carries a dual automatic particle cannon and a light sabre, capable of slicing through any solid.

Weaknesses: Eliminator is often overconfident in himself and often underestimates the Autobots, which lands him in trouble. Since he's so cruel and merciless toward the Autobots, they show little mercy toward him. They sometimes lead him into traps, especially when he's trying to make 'friends' with them. Eliminator's engines occasionally cut out in flight. And not too brave without weapons or when he's not in control.

 

-- TECH SPECS --

STRENGTH -- 8 INTELLIGENCE -- 7

SPEED -- 8 RANK -- 8

ENDURANCE -- 7 COURAGE -- 6

FIREPOWER -- 7 SKILL -- 8

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

CLAIRA

ALLEGIANCE: DECEPTICON

FUNCTION:  OPERATIONS AND TACTICAL OFFICER

"I do what I'm told. What else is there to do?"

"There's a whole Universe out there. I am yet to discover it."

 

Profile: Claira is under the leadership of Lord High Command. She always does what she's told, whether she likes it or not, without question. Some would say she's very boring. This upsets Claira as she feels there's nothing else she can do. She tries not to let it bother her. After all, she's good at her job and that's what matters to the Decepticon cause. Claira is very loyal to LHC and does everything he asks of her. After all, he's almost like a father to her. Her parents were killed in an Decepticon raid on Cybertron. Claira was only a child at the time. LHC had found her hiding. He looked down at her. She was an Autobot and he was a Decepticon. He levelled his gun at her. She looked up at him, frightened, but not fully understanding the danger. She didn't even know what a gun was. LHC could see this. Even though a Decepticon, LHC felt he couldn't kill a child. He took Claira back to Planet Decepticon with him. To this day, no one, but LHC and Claira know this and their secret will always remain so. Claira prefers to work quietly and alone. She hates noise and has little toleration for disorganisation. She sometimes gets board with her work and lets her mind wander. She sometimes leaves the base. She has a secret love for Planet Decepticon and loves exploring. Outside the Decepticon complex, it's quite a beautiful planet, covered with natural flora and fauna. Claira is fed up with the war and hopes it ends soon. She wants to leave it. She has always wanted to explore the farthest reaches of space, but something is stopping her and she's not sure what it is. She feels she can't leave LHC.

Abilities: Claira is capable of detecting all types of radio waves. Her hearing is very acute, not quite as good as Soundwave's, but acute all the same. She carries a small concussion gun and her reflexes are sound. Her main duties are running and maintaining the operations of Decepticon HQ.

Weaknesses: Claira cannot transform, due to irreparable damage she suffered in a raid when she was a child. Some consider her fussy. Sometimes her distractions can get her into trouble.

-- TECH SPECS --

STRENGTH -- 6        INTELLIGENCE -- 7

SPEED -- 2     RANK -- 7

ENDURANCE -- 6    COURAGE -- 7

FIREPOWER -- 4      SKILL -- 7

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TANKER

ALLEGIANCE:         DECEPTICON

FUNCTION:              GUNNER/STRATEGIST

"If you don't agree with an order, don't follow it or follow it - your own way."

Profile: Tanker joined the Decepticons, because he wanted something different. However, he found it wasn't quite what he expected. Tanker is jovial and lighthearted. He seldom will hold a grudge. He defected to the Autobots for about a week and a half, before he saw some Decepticons murder another other Decepticon (who had defected) in an excruciatingly painful and messy way, and Tanker immediately re-defected back to the Decepticons, with no one aware of his short defection, and he hoped to keep it that way. He's very fickle. He dislikes Megatron - thinks he's an asshole. He found Megatron too bossy and he never seemed to 'lighten up.'

Tanker left with the Decepticons under LHC's (Lord High Command) command.

Many years later Tanker was in charge of the assault team, on an Autobot ship. He found a young Autobot by the body of his parents, crying, and couldn't help but feel a twinge of guilt at attacking a defenceless cruise ship. He was angry with Eliminator, who had given the order to attack, thinking it was a ship carrying Autobot delegates. Since this young Autobot knew virtually nothing about the war, Tanker took him back to the Decepticons and named him Nyx. Tanker can be quite affectionate.

He can also be quite talkative when he wants to be, other times he can be as quiet as a mouse. He knows how to bring light to the dullest situations and is well liked by his fellow Decepticons. He's very approachable and quite friendly. Tanker has a flair for the eccentric and weird. He'll create all sorts of things, both useful and totally useless, but nice looking. Others don't know what to make of this, but they're not against it either. He's fun to have around and he's a great depression buster. Much better then Cyber-Prozac ...

Tanker likes hunting around for things to make ornaments. His quarters is full of them. He likes to explore Planet Decepticon, although large, the Decepticon HQ only takes up a small part of the planet and the rest of the planet remains untouched. Tanker likes to solo things. He won't follow orders he doesn't agree with. He'll do it whatever way he thinks is best and he's not afraid to admit his mistakes. He's his own person and he won't let anyone take his individuality away from him, even if they outrank him. He often forgets about the war, because it depresses him, and he'd rather be creative.

Abilities: Tanker is a good strategist. In tank mode his blaster cannon can blast through just about anything. He can also convert to a jet from tank mode. In robot mode he carries an electromagnetic interference gun, which immobilises the enemy for 5-10 minutes. He's capable of making anything out of anything and some of his 'useless' inventions, have proved quite useful.

Weaknesses: He's not totally understood by his fellow Decepticons his friendliness is sometimes taken the wrong way and sometimes he's branded as a 'weirdo.' this hurts him, but he's careful not to show it in front of other Decepticons. Due to his friendly nature, he's easily hurt by rejection, although he won't admit it. Also his refusal to follow orders had gotten him into trouble with the boss.

 

-- TECH SPECS --

STRENGTH              --          8          INTELLIGENCE      --          8

SPEED                      --          4          RANK                                    --          7

ENDURANCE                      --          8          COURAGE                --          9

FIREPOWER                        --          8          SKILL                        --          9

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

NYX

ALLEGIANCE: AUTOBOT

FUNCTION:  WARRIOR/STRATEGIST

"If you believe in something - really believe, then it will come true."

Profile: When very young, he was on a spaceship with his parents, his mother, Larah and father Antillies, on their way back to Cybertron. The Decepticons mistook the space craft to be transporting Autobot delegates to Earth and attacked it, killing both of his parents. The Autobot didn't fully understand what had happened. He was found by Tanker and taken aboard the Decepticon ship for interrogation. It was soon discovered that the small Autobot knew nothing about the war and Tanker took him back to planet Decepticon and changed the young one's allegiance. Since he didn't have a name, Tanker named him Nyx. As Nyx grew up, he was a loner, except for his friend Tanker, and he considered Claira a friend. Her parents had also been killed as a result of the war. Nyx doesn't talk much, and as a result, many are unsure of him and don't understand him. Many years later, a female Autobot was given to Nyx to interrogate and much to his shock, it was his mother, Larah. Overjoyed at discovering his mother alive, Nyx felt he couldn't remain with the Decepticons on the planet. Tanker, Claira and LHC surprisingly, were quite understanding. Now Nyx feels torn between the two sides. He still considers Tanker, Claira and LHC, his friends. He still doesn't talk much and hopes more than anything that the war comes to an end, so that the two sides can unite.

Abilities: Nyx is a brilliant strategist and is very nimble and quick. He carries a small blaster in robot mode, and his transforming jet mode had since been repaired. Speed Mach 15, ranger 150 000 miles. He's armed with laser cannons in this mode.

Weaknesses: Nyx misses his Decepticon friends and knows he can't really see them until the war is over. The war depresses him greatly. Due to his lonely nature, he alienates himself from others. He also gets very depressed about his late father, Antillies. He wants to have known him, but he never got the chance.

-- TECH SPECS --

STRENGTH              -- 6      INTELLIGENCE      -- 7

SPEED                      -- 5      RANK                        -- 6

ENDURANCE          -- 7      COURAGE                --          8

FIREPOWER            -- 4      SKILL                        --          7

 

*

  Back to Autobot & Decepticon Fanfic Page

 

Back to Transformers Page