Disclaimers: Transformers are owned by Hasbro.

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic/fanart.

Summary: Devcon has a battle in outer space with two Decepticons and contemplates his mission. - Printed in Overlord II, issue 12. 

Author's note:  The Decepticons in this fic, Eliminator, Executor and LHC {Lord High Command} are my creations.  You can find their profiles in my fic The Lost Child also on my Tf fanfic page, where they also feature along with other characters I created.  "Tanya Dean" was my old name.

 

Featured in Overlord II, Issue 12, 1993

Rating - PG

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

PEACE: THE ENDLESS QUEST

 

Flashback:

The Autobot bounty hunter, Devcon followed three Decepticons, Astrotrain Dirge and Ramjet to the gambling asteroid, Monacos.

Astrotrain landed on the barren ground. Dirge and Ramjet walked down the ramp and Astrotrain transformed. They talked amongst themselves. Devcon couldn't hear exactly what they were saying, but he was sure they weren't here on Monacos for relaxation. He watched them from the large boulder he was concealed behind. He spoke into his recording device. "Starlog 26: I've followed the Decepticons to Monacos. Will continue surveillance and monitor all activities."

Devcon tracked the Decepticons to the city of Sheoul. He walked into a bar, bustling with all types of alien life forms. A little green alien, was attacked by two guard robots. Devcon threw them aside and the frightened green alien scurried away.

Devcon started to walk away. He wasn't going to get any information on the Decepticons here. Smokescreen, another Autobot who was at the bar, saw Devcon.

"He wears the symbol of the Autobots...Perhaps he can help us...Hey, Autobot!..."

Devcon turned. "Who speaks to me?"

"It was I, Smokescreen, an Autobot myself."

Devcon's face lit up. "Great Cybertron! An Autobot!"

"Please, join us."

"Thank you."

Devcon sat down with Smokescreen and his associate Bosch.

"My name is Devcon. I left my home planet of Cybertron millions of years ago, during the Great War, when ...."

The little green creature Devcon had helped earlier, ran to him and started babbling away in some alien language.

"Hey!" exclaimed Smokescreen, "you're the little runt with the laser pistol that works for Lord Gyconi..."

Devcon turned to Bosch. "What is this creature mumbling about?"

Bosch laughed. "He's pledging his eternal gratitude and loyalty for saving his life. he says his name is Slezardo."

Devcon looked down at the pathetic creature.

"It's fine. Forget it."

Slezardo continued to express his thanks and to kiss Devcon's arm.

"Go on..." said Devcon, angrily, "forget it!"

He took his arm away. Slezardo crawled away sadly, out of the bar. Devcon turned his attention to the Autobot and his associate.

"So, what are you doing here, Devcon?" asked Smokescreen.

"I am a bounty hunter searching for Decepticon who must be brought to justice. I followed three of them here to Sheoul. Astrotrain Dirge and Ramjet. Have you seen them?"

Smokescreen shook his head. He and Bosch explained to Devcon why they were in Sheoul: To rescue their four Autobot friends, Optimus Prime, Perceptor, Bumblebee and Inferno, who were being held captive by the grossly overweight gambling tyrant, Lord Gyconi, and if they didn't rescue them fast, they's be in trouble - big trouble - and now there were Decepticons to worry about as well.

That night, Smokescreen and Bosch had stopped the suicide tournament from taking place, costing Gyconi a lot of gambling energon chips. Gyconi was fuming. He wasn't going to let the Autobots get away. He ordered Dirge and Ramjet after them. Smokescreen managed to execute a few fancy moves, but in the end, the Decepticons cornered him and blasted him with their missiles. Smokescreen capsized and couldn't transform. He was a sitting duck. Dirge and Ramjet circled back.

"Nice work, Dirge, now - let's finish them together --"

They released a volley of missiles.

The missiles were almost on top of their target, when they exploded. Devcon had blasted the missiles just in time, then blasted the two airborne Decepticons. They crashed onto the ground on top of one and other.

"Ramjet, we're hit ... Transform..."

The Decepticons transformed into their robot modes. Ramjet looked back.

"Who was that guy?"

A shiver ran up Dirge's back. "Devcon... the bounty hunter...let's get outta here before he comes back to finish us off..."

They left in a panic.

Devcon was more worried about his new friend Smokescreen. He put down his laser rifle and helped Smokescreen transform.

"Devcon!!"

"Who were they?! "asked Bosch.

"Decepticons" answered Smokescreen. "They're enemies of the Autobots." Smokescreen turned to Devcon. "That was quite an impressive display of firepower back there. We could use somebody like you on Earth."

Devcon smiled, but said, "I must leave the protection of Earth to you and your comrades, but I can help you rescue your friends here."

They were on their way to save their friends. Slezardo came running to them. Smokescreen skidded to a halt and transformed. Slezardo was flapping his arms around and babbling away in a panic.

"What's he babbling about?"

"He said the Decepticons and Lord Gyconi are leaving Sheoul with the Autobots."

"Where are they now?" asked Devcon.

"At the tarmac" replied Bosch, "and someone named Astrotrain is parked there."

"Astrotrain..." Smokescreen repeated.

Meanwhile, Dirge and Ramjet were returning to Astrotrain, who had gotten quite impatient.

"So.." he said, " that's what took you guys so long... Autobots..."

Ramjet explained how they had captured them. Astrotrain wasn't really interested.

"I could use some of that energon for fuel..." he said, hungrily.

Smokescreen and the other arrived, weapons armed.

"Give us the Autobots, Ramjet..." he demanded.

Ramjet spun around. "How about some laser beams instead?"

He blasted at Smokescreen, who took cover behind a large boulder. The Decepticons and Autobots began a huge laser battle.

Bosch and Slezardo cornered Gyconi. Bosch pointed a gun at Gyconi who was unarmed.

"Slezardo...what are you doing?" Gyconi blabbered. "You work for me... remember?...I order you to take his gun away.. do you hear me... Slezardo ... Slezardo?!!"

"He's through taking orders from you," Bosch said.

"Astrotrain...help me..."

Astrotrain was too busy re-energizing. Gyconi protested, insisting all the energon was his.

Astrotrain glared down at this pathetic creature, less than half his size.

"Megatron only wanted you for the energon, and now that we have it...we don't need you anymore."

The Decepticon aimed his ionic displacer at Gyconi and fired. Gyconi instantly vaporized and didn't even have time to beg for mercy.

"Now, prepare to meet my friend -- Mr Ionic Displacer --"

Astrotrain began to fire on the Autobots.

"Cover me!"

Smokescreen drove around back, while Devcon fired at Astrotrain and the other Decepticons. He activated his smokescreen which blinded the Decepticon, enabling Smokescreen and the others to rescue their four friends. Astrotrain took off with Dirge, Ramjet and the remaining energon.

Smokescreen and Bosch managed to break Gyconi's hypnotic control over the four Autobots. They remembered nothing that took place after their capture, but were filled in by Smokescreen, Bosch and Devcon.

Optimus Prime, the Autobot leader asked Devcon if he would come to Earth to help them fight the Decepticons there.

Devcon hesitated.

"Thank you, but no, Optimus Prime. I left Cybertron millions of years ago when the war started. Many Decepticons stayed, but just as many fled Cybertron to make war on the universe. I am a bounty hunter and have been for many millennia. It's my fight and I prefer to fight alone. I'm sorry..."

"It's all right Devcon, I understand. I've been fighting Decepticons for as long as you have. I just hope the war ends someday. Someday soon."

Devcon nodded. "As do I..." He looked to the other Autobots. "It was great to see my people again...It's been so long..."

Devcon put his hand on Optimus Prime's shoulder.

"I have to go... There are many Decepticons out there who need to be brought to justice, and if that is not possible, I regret to say, they must be destroyed." Devcon hesitated, "but when peace is restored to the universe, I promise I shall return."

Optimus smiled. "And we'll be waiting for you. When there be peace."

Devcon smiled. "When there be peace." He transformed into his blue Cybertronic space jet mode. "Slezardo!" he called, "I invite you to join me as my partner!"

The green alien chirped his appreciation, thanks and approval as he eagerly jumped into Devcon's cockpit. Devcon shut it and took off into the vast reaches of space.

To his dismay, Astrotrain, Dirge and Ramjet were long gone, but Devcon would never give up his Quest. His Quest for Peace.

 

Almost a decade later --

 

Devcon was in pursuit of two Decepticons aboard an intergalactic Decepticon Dreadnought. Despite its size, the Dreadnought was highly manoeuvrable. Devcon had constructed a large intergalactic battleship, much larger and more powerful than his fighter mode and not to mention, much safer for him and his biological partner, Slezardo.

He was determined not to lose them.

"I cannot fail... Slezardo, man laser cannon B. I'll take A."

Slezardo scrambled over to it.

 

*  *  *

"It's Devcon!" exclaimed Eliminator, aboard the Dreadnought.

Executor, the other Decepticon, looked out of the window at Devcon's battleship. He then focused his gaze on the stars, remembering a frightening experience he once had, involving Devcon.

"I wish he hadn't built that blasted battleship," cursed Eliminator, angry. "It'd be so much easier destroying him in his fighter mode... What wouldn't I give to see him explode... To see his parts scattered throughout the galaxy ..." Eliminator smiled to himself, envisioning it. "Executor, fire up the laser cannons. I want Devcon annihilated."

There was no reply. Eliminator turned around, to see Executor staring into the stars.

"Executor! I gave you an order. Obey me and stop dreaming."

"Oh ... uh sorry .... yes, Sir."

Executor walked to the laser cannon.

"Next time you hesitate to obey me, Executor, I will not be so lenient. Do not let me catch you daydreaming again."

"Sorry, Sir ... I-"

"Shut up and fire that lase!"

For some reason, Executor did not want to destroy Devcon, but he didn't have the foggiest idea as to why.

He fired the laser at Devcon's battleship.

Devcon skilfully manoeuvred out of the laser's path. He returned fire and blasted the hull of the Dreadnought. The other ship shook violently.

"Blast!" cursed Eliminator. "Shield's down! Quickly, Executor, exterminate him!"

Executor looked to Eliminator. He did not want to destroy Devcon. He fired at the battleship, purposely missing.

"What is the matter with you, Executor?! You're supposed to be a good shot."

"But I am ... I just ..."

"Well prove it!"

Executor turned around and fired the cannon, blasting the left wing of the battleship. The ship jolted violently.

 

Devcon swore angrily.

"Sh--! Shields down!"

He quickly manoeuvred his ship behind a large asteroid for cover.

 

Executor blasted at the asteroid and blew parts of the rock away, but couldn't penetrate it.

"Cease fire" ordered Eliminator. "We'll wait until he comes out. That way we won't have to waste any energy."

The laser fire stopped and the next hour was uneventful.

 

"This silence is making me nervous...." growled Devcon, keeping a close monitor on the stationary Dreadnought.

 

"Now" said Eliminator, "when Devcon least expects it, concentrate all firepower on the asteroid."

Executor hit the asteroid with everything they had. Within seconds the rock was totally blown away.

 

Devcon wasn't totally prepared for that, but he was expecting something. He zoomed out of the blast path of the next laser. Some rock fragments from the asteroid pelted the hull, one shattering a window on the bridge.

Slezardo was being blown out into space.

"Slezardo!"

Devcon lunged for him and grabbed his tail. He was beginning to get blown out as well. Devcon desperately slammed the panel labelled 'emergency close.'

A shield shot across the window, eliminating the danger.

However, a lot of oxygen and heat had been blown out.

It didn't bother Devcon, but Slezardo, being an organic creature would perish if nothing was done about it.

Devcon touched a control panel. "Flood the ship with oxygen and increase the temperature by twenty degrees."

With in a few moments, the environmental controls had the ship back to normal.

With that done, the two could concentrate on the Dreadnought.

Devcon blasted the other ship's tail engines, sending them jolting forward.

 

"Curse him!" yelled Eliminator. "Annihilate him, Executor!"

Executor reluctantly spun the Dreadnought around and open fired at Devcon's battleship, but giving him a moment to manoeuvre out of the way. The Dreadnought was hit with a blast from Devcon's laser and shook violently. Eliminator grabbed onto a support. He was furious.

"Destroy him, Executor!"

"I'm trying ... I'm trying! ...."

"Try harder!"

Executor knew he couldn't win. If he failed to terminate Devcon, Eliminator would terminate him.

I wish there was a way outta this ... he thought, hopefully.

He then blasted Devcon's ship. It hurtled and spun around, out of control.

Eliminator took advantage of it. "You're mine, Devcon --"

He took the cannon.

 

A split second later, Devcon blasted the Dreadnought with everything he had.

Eliminator was thrown violently from his position. His hand slammed down on a metal shard, which stuck through his hand.

"I'LL KILL HIM!!!" shrieked Eliminator. Despite the pain, he tore his hand free. He clenched a hard fist and blood poured down his wrist. "I will show him no mercy." Eliminator grabbed the cannon. "Ahhh ... my hand...." He rubbed the injured hand with the other.

"Are you all right, Sir?"

"Yes, yes ... I'm all right..." growled Eliminator. "It's just my hand... You take the cannon."

"Yes, Sir." Executor took the cannon and fired at Devcon.

Devcon manoeuvred his ship out of the blast path and then returned fire, giving the Decepticons a powerful blast.

Executor was thrown quite a way from the cannon. The violent jolt threw him onto a long metal shard, which pierced him through sideways.  The young officer's scream almost deafened Eliminator.

"ELIMINATOR!!! HEEEEEELP!!!"

Eliminator looked at his hand, still hurting and bleeding a little.

"My hand still hurts" he said. "Can't you help yourself?"

"No ...." gasped Executor, desperately. "Please, Eliminator... please help me...."

Eliminator turned around and his eyes widened a little. He hadn't realized how much he was hurt.

"I'll put the laser on automatic and take you to the repair bay."

Eliminator flicked the automatic switch to the 'on' position. He then opened a compartment and took out a laser sword. He ignited it and sliced the protruding shard. He then helped Executor to the repair bay and lay him on the bed.

"Brace yourself, Executor. This is going to hurt. Are you ready?"

Executor winced, then nodded. Eliminator quickly pulled the shard out of Executor. Executor screeched at the sudden burst of pain. Eliminator winced, half from the youngster's deafening shriek and half as he could almost as if he could feel what Executor was going through.

"It's not as bad as it looks from the outside" he said. "How are you feeling?"

"It still hurts .... but it's ... not as bad."

Eliminator began to put some acetonium onto Executor's wound. The substance healed it quickly. Executor began to sit up, beginning to feel better.

"Thanks."

Eliminator nodded. "Don't you just wanna kill Devcon for that?"

"I suppose ... but how was he supposed to know this was gonna happen?"

"He doesn't care. He wants to kill us - That is if we don't kill him first."

Executor turned away. He knew Devcon caused his pain, but deep down in his heart he did not want to kill him.

"We better man that cannon again. I gotta get that Automatic fixed. It's a hopeless shot. Misfire could do better even!  But first, let's get rid of these bloody shards. Whoever designed the interior of this ship was an idiot."

Executor smiled.

After that was done, Executor manned the laser cannon. He gripped onto it, but then staggered back, holding his stomach.

"What is it?"

"It still hurts..."

"Get out of the way..." snapped Eliminator. "I'll take the cannon until you're better."

Executor sat down.

 

The two ships exchanged fire, lighting up the darkness of space like a Solstice tree.

The exchange of fire continued for a few hours, but neither side seemed to be gaining victory.

Eliminator forious and having lost what little patience he had, madly blasted away at Devcon, releasing a furious, relentless array of laser fire.

 

"He's really pissed off..." noted Devcon. "Back up, Slezardo. Wait until he calms down a little."

 

A few minutes later, Eliminator began to clam down and ceased fire for a moment. Devcon took advantage of this, blasting the hull of the Dreadnought. Eliminator kept a firm hold on the cannon grips and returned fire.

Devcon swerved his ship out of the way.

"This guy's pretty good" admitted Eliminator. "Pity he's not a Decepticon."

Executor was beginning to feel a little better.

 

Suddenly he was back five years ago.

Executor was returning from a mission with Destructor, another Decepticon. They were returning home to Planet Decepticon.

Their ship was attacked by Devcon and rendered defenceless.

Within minutes, Devcon boarded the ship.

Destructor reached for his weapon, but Devcon blasted him in the head. Destructor fell to the floor, dead.

Executor looked up at Devcon, terrified. He didn't dare reach for the weapon, in fear of the same thing happening to him. Devcon pointed his gun at Executor.

"No .... wait .... please don't shoot .... I surrender..."

"Surrender?"

No Decepticon had ever done that before. Was this a trick? Devcon took a step forward.

"Surrender?" he repeated.

Executor nodded. "J...just don't shoot."

"Why are you surrendering to me?"

"I...I don't want to get killed, like you killed Destructor."

Devcon paused. "It had to be done .... wait a minute ... you're that new Decepticon. Executor, aren't you?"

Executor hesitated, then nodded, frightened.

"Are you going to kill me?"

The question was so blunt and straight forward, it threw

Devcon off for a moment.

"I know I killed the other Decepticon, but believe me. I take no pleasure in killing, but sometimes it has to be done. The Decepticons are a menace to the universe and they have to be stopped. I would rather bring them to justice without having to kill them, but sometimes I have no choice."

Executor nodded, nervous. Was this Autobot going to kill him or not?

"You can stop worrying. I am not going to hurt you. You seem more reasonable than any other Decepticons I've dealt with."

There was a pause for a long while. Devcon turned to Executor.

"Executor," he said, "I want you to become an Autobot."

Executor stared at Devcon. "But I can't .... I ...."

"Why not?"

"Because the other Decepticons'll kill me for being a traitor ... if they catch me."

"I'm an Autobot. They'll kill me if they catch me. What's the difference?"

"...I'm not even sure if I want to ...."

"You don't even know what you're doing."

Executor was puzzled. "What do you mean?"

"You don't even know what the Decepticon cause stands for. You have no idea.. Join me. Join the Autobots."

Executor shook his head. "I'm sorry, Devcon, but I can't. The Decepticons created me. Gave me my life. I can't betray them."

Devcon took in a breath. "Then .... I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to kill you."

Executor's eyes widened. Devcon pointed his gun at the little Decepticon's head.

"No .... please don't ...."

Devcon pulled back on the trigger. Executor swallowed and tears welled in his eyes. Devcon suddenly stopped. Was he seeing things or was this Decepticon crying?

"Please don't kill me.... I can't join the Autobots ... I just can't ...."

What am I supposed to do? I don't want to kill him, but what choice do I have? Devcon looked at Executor. "How old are you?" he asked.

"One and a half hours and 45 minutes."

My Gods ... I cannot kill a child.  Decepticon or not.

Devcon lowered his weapon. "You're free to go.  I will not kill a child."

"You're letting me go?" said Executor, surprised, as Devcon was hardly renowned for merciful behaviour when it came to Decepticons. Executor looked at him again. He could see Devcon was upset.

"I'm sorry..." he said, "but I ...."

"Get off my ship."

Executor hesitated for a moment.

"Is there something wrong with your auditory sensors?" snapped Devcon.

"No .. I just .... I'm sorry .... I just feel I belong with the Decepticons. Can't you understand that?"

Devcon stared into outer space.

"No."

Executor wanted to explain, but he knew it would be no use. They were from different worlds, almost a different universe. Perhaps one day Autobots and Decepticons would come together in peace, but sadly not today.

"Get off my ship" hissed Devcon, coldly, barely opening his mouth.

Executor wanted to say something, but he could not find the right words.

"Get out!" yelled Devcon, whirling around with his blaster, "before I blow a hole in your chassis, big enough to send a ship through!"

Executor swallowed, and nodded, nervously, not quite sure if it was an empty threat.

"All right. I'm going. I"m sorry, Devcon."

Devcon fired near him. "Quickly! Move it! If you weren't so young I wouldn't hesitate to kill you! Get out of here before I change my mind!"

"I'm gone."

Executor transformed into his fighter mode and flew to his ship, thinking about Devcon. He felt sorry for him. He had fought for peace all his life and was continuing to do so. What would it be like? Peace. Harmony. No more fighting. No more killing. No more mistrust. Was it worth fighting for? Killing for? Executor wondered.

Suddenly, he felt someone slap his face.

"Snap out of it, Executor! You're day dreaming again! ... I warned you about that."

"Uh... sorry, Eliminator, Sir .... I was just thinking about something ... I just ...."

"Can it. Is your wound healed?"

"Not quite, but it's getting there."

"Well, get up and man that cannon. I'm going to recharge."

"Yessir."

Executor began to fire at Devcon.

 

The Autobot noticed the difference in the firing pattern.

"There must be two of 'em," he observed, "but this one isn't as good as the other. Which gives us the advantage." Devcon fired at the dreadnought, blasting the side of the hull. The ship lurched. Executor desperately tried to stabilize the huge craft and managed, but just for the moment. Devcon's second blast caused the ship to jolt even more violently.

"What the hell are you doing?!" yelled Eliminator.

"It isn't me! Help me. I can't hold him. I ..."

The other grunted. "And they said you were the best shot."

"I am good," Executor protested. "I didn't say I was perfect."

"Get out of the way," Eliminator said, pushing past Executor.

He blasted at Devcon's ship.

 

"The other one's using the cannon, Slezardo. Be careful. Whoever he is, he's good."

The side of Devcon's battleship was blasted.

"We gotta watch that!" Devcon exclaimed. "One too many hits like that and we're goners!"

Devcon fired at the dreadnought, the laser whizzing right passed the window.

Eliminator jerked back in shock, then resumed firing.

The battle was long, each side hoping to gain victory by the destruction of the other.

 

Eliminator frowned.

"Executor, I've just noticed that our lasers are at half-power."

Executor nodded. "Yes, Sir.  We were low on power to begin with. It's standard procedure to ..."

"I give a high flying fort about standard procedure. I want Devcon dead!" He adjusted the lasers to full, then grinned.

"Do you think we should give him a warning shot first?" put in Executor.

Eliminator hesitated.

"I despise Devcon, but I have to hand it to him, although I hate to admit it, he is a worthy adversary and over the years he has earned my respect. We were once friends, but that was a long tome ago. I'll give him a warning shot, but one only. he can consider it a farewell gift ...."

Eliminator gave an evil chuckle, which Executor did not share. To be honest he hated war and killing - even if Devcon was supposed to be his enemy. Devcon had spared his life, and he wanted to return the favor, but he couldn't admit that in front of his superior. Farewell, Devcon ...

Eliminator fired the warning blast.

 

"Sizzling Cybertron!" exclaimed Devcon in shock. "There's no way my ship can counter that!" Devcon gave himself a moment to clam down. "Okay - I've been in dire situations before. Don't panic. I can handle it .... I hope ..."

Devcon returned fire.

Eliminator grunted angrily as the dreadnought shook. He blasted at Devcon.

The Autobot was catapulted to the floor. Slezardo manned the cannon and fired the same time as the dreadnought. The lasers pushed against each other, but the dreadnoughts was more powerful. Devcon desperately tried to counter it, but despite his efforts, the other laser blasted its way through Devcon's, totally obliterating his defence cannons. Devcon swore in anger.

"Quickly, Slezardo, activate the emergency deflector shields."

Slezardo nodded and entered the command. Nothing happened.

"Try again."

Still nothing.

"Shit!"  A curse word he's learned from Smokescreen.

Devcon tried again and again, with displeasing results. He bashed the console as hard as he could, but still nothing happened. Devcon looked out of the window and saw the dreadnought's laser cannon repositioning itself. He sighed.

"Well, it's been great knowin' you, Slezardo ..."

He rubbed his little green friends head. Slezardo let out a soft whine. Devcon looked again at the cold cannon of the dreadnought and realized something. He was feeling something he's never felt before. Fear.

 

"I've got 'im .... At last ... after all these years .... He's totally helpless before me - totally at my mercy, and as he's about to find out - I haven't got any --"

Eliminator was about to deliver the final blast.

"No, wait .... I have a better idea ...."

He repositioned the cannon.

"What the hell's he doin?'" Devcon said, irritated. "Why doesn't he just blast us and get it over with?!!"

 

Eliminator fired, not quite on full power, but enough to pulverize the starboard bow of his enemy's ship.

A piece of metal flew into Devcon's side, shorting out his transform circuits. His next option had been to abandon his ship, transform into his space jet mode and escape with Slezardo. There was no escape now. Slezardo tried to pull the metal out, but it only cut his hands.

"Leave it, my friend," winced Devcon. "It doesn't matter now, but thanks."

Another blast shook the ship. Devcon yanked the metal out with a howl of pain.

"You are hurt ...." Slezardo said, speaking the best he could, like Devcon had taught him, but he always found words difficult.

Devcon nodded. "Thanks for your concern, Little One. I know this sounds pessimistic, but that Decepticon's gonna blow us to Kingdom Come, and there's nothin' we can do but wait for it ..."

Another blast jolted his vessel. Devcon wanted to protect his friend, but knew it would be no use.

 

"Are yo going to kill him, or what?" Executor asked.

"Yes ... but first I want him to suffer .... I want him to grovel in fear ... to admit defeat - to ME!"

"We have defeated him, Sir," Executor said, angry at the unnecessary cruelty. "He has no weapons, no hyperdrive, no shields and we've damaged or destroyed seventy-five percent of his ship."

"That will soon be one hundred percent."

"Sir ...."

"What?" Eliminator asked, irritated.

"Shouldn't we give him a chance to surrender?"

"No. I want him dead. And besides, that'd be the ultimate humiliation for him and I don't want to hurt Devcon's feelings, now do I?"

Executor did not find his superior's sarcasm amusing.

 

"I'm sorry I brought you into this, Slezardo," Devcon confessed. "I sometimes get so lonely on my Quest. It was selfish of me. You wouldn't be in any danger back on Monacos. I'm so sorry ...."

"Not be sorry," Slezardo said. "Never had a real friend before. Never. Glad been with you all this time. You, friend is the only happiness in my life. Rather die with friend spend whole than life on Monacos."

"Were you born on Monacos?"

"No. Born on neighbouring gambling asteroid. Vegasos. Parents killed when child. Fled to Monacos."

"Sorry, friend. I didn't know that. I'm just sorry I brought you into this, you're really the only one I can consider a friend, too ... Ohh can the mush, Devcon."

He patted his small friend. Slezardo smiled and squeezed Devcon's hand. Devcon looked out of the window and saw the cannon repositioning.

I failed .... My mission to end Decepticon tyranny and restore peace to the universe. I have devoted my whole life to my Quest. And now I have failed. All my hopes, my dreams, shattered.

Devcon closed his eyes, wishing the fear and the sense of hopelessness would go away. He tried to feel optimistic, but what was there to feel optimistic about?

It's all over ....

 

Eliminator put his finger on the fire button, and slowly began to press downward.

"Good bye, Devcon ..."

Executor didn't want to watch the destruction.

 

As the laser streaked toward his ship, Devcon's whole life flashed before him and all his thoughts collided.

The laser hit, ripping his ship in two.

 

Eliminator relaxed his trigger finger, then smiled. "At last .... It's over --"

Executor felt angry at the unnecessary waste of life.

"I can't wait to report this to LHC."

Executor forced himself to smile. "Permission to inspect the wreckage, Sir? There might be something we can salvage.

"Permission granted. I have to return to Planet Decepticon. Take the shuttle."

"Yes, Sir."

Eliminator waited until Executor was clear of the dreadnought, before igniting the hyperjets and blasting into warp speed.

 

Executor scanned Devcon's vessel, docked his shuttle and boarded.   He battled his way through broken machinery, to the bridge. What he saw shocked him. Slumped over the controls was Devcon, bleeding and his metal skin and circuits split open over the console. The sight sickened Executor, even though he was a Decepticon.

"He must've been in so much pain ... Is there any way I can repair him? Any way at all?"

He looked at Devcon's body. Almost everyone of his vital organs were damaged. Executor used his personal scanner to scan Devcon's brain.

"There's one wire still connected." It was a frail wire, less than a milemeter thick. "If I can just give him a small power boost ..."

Executor looked around, then yanked some wires out of the console and transferred their energy into Devcon. Some links in his brain started repairing themselves.

Devcon could feel the energy flowing through him. Then he felt the pain. He wanted to scream, but he was too weak. Executor saw Devcon trying to fight the pain.

"Don't struggle. You'll only make it worse, " he said, gently. "Relax, Devcon."

Devcon couldn't exactly hear the words, and he couldn't see, but he knew someone else was with him. Someone other than Slezardo.

Slezardo .... I hope he's okay ... The last I saw he dashed into a compartment for protection ... He was bleeding ...

Devcon desperately tried to force himself to see, but he couldn't. He could feel the other person's hand on his shoulder. He could sense his hearing clearing up, but he felt uneasy. Who was with him? Executor sensed Devcon's discomfort.

"It's okay, Devcon," he calmed. "Don't be frightened. I'm not going to hurt you."

Devcon began to feel a little better. The other wasn't going to hurt him. That was a start. The voice sounded familiar, but Devcon was sure it wasn't a fellow Autobot. He felt he knew the person, like they'd met before. In a way, he still felt uneasy. His life was in the hands of this person and he didn't even know who it was. He wished more than anything for his sight to return.

"Relax ...." Executor calmed. "Everything's okay. I'm going to take you to my shuttle and try to repair you. I've got better equipment there."

Devcon understood and felt grateful. Whoever this person was, he was a friend.

"No ..."Devcon said, weakly, suddenly remembering Slezardo. It hurt him a lot to even speak. "Open compartment..." he said, weak.

Devcon had promised himself millions of years ago never to become attached to anyone, for a number of reasons. They might leave him; he couldn't let his affection for them to interfere with his Quest; something might happen to them, but now - right now, Slezardo meant everything to him.

Executor opened the compartment. He saw a little green creature, hurt, bleeding green blood. "What the hell is that?" Executor asked.

"Friend" Devcon said. "Please save."

Slezardo shrieked when he saw Executor.

"Shhh," Devcon said, still very weak. "It's okay."

Aboard the Decepticon shuttle, Executor lay Devcon down and wiped his blood away with a Cyber-Cloth. he could tell the Autobot was still in a great deal of pain. Slezardo, by now, was unconscious, but at least he had stopped bleeding.

"I hope this won't take too long, Devcon, but don't worry. You won't feel a thing."

He injected a serum into Devcon's neck, which made him unconscious. The Decepticon then began to repair the Autobot. Eliminator's voice sounded over the subspace communicator. Executor jerked at the sudden sound.

"Executor, are you there?"

Executor couldn't reply.

"If you can hear me, Lord High Command wants you to report back. Now."

Executor deliberately cut the wire. Static interfered with Eliminator's transmission.

 

On Planet Decepticon ....

Eliminator turned to Lord High Command.

"It's no use, Sir. The transmission was cut."

"Well, what do you suppose happened?"

"I don't know. He took the shuttle to inspect the wreckage of Devcon's battleship. Perhaps he hadn't returned to the shuttle. Perhaps there's just too much interference."

"Never mind. Nobody knows everything, Eliminator."

"My Lord ..."

"What is it?"

"I regret to say, Sir, but damaged vessels have a way of ... exploding and Devcon's vessel wasn't all that stable. I hoped Executor would complete his analysis, before ..."

LHC held up a hand, silencing Eliminator. Deep down, he was very upset. Executor had been his special friend. He was understanding and they shared a special secret bond. A very unique friendship.

"That is unfortunate .... Executor had a great deal of potential and he is a good shot."

"May I say, Sir, he wasn't too good with the dreadnought's cannon."

"Oh, that's because he's only used one of those in a simulation."

"Sorry, Sir. I guess it ... was good for a first time."

"I trust you took over the cannon."

"Yes, Sir. Don't forget it was I who terminated Devcon."

"I haven't forgotten that. You've performed a great duty to the Decepticons, but you are a senior commanding general. Executor is ... was a junior officer. Learn to be more patient with your subordinates. Remember, you were a junior once."

Eliminator nodded. "Sorry, Sir."

"I'll find another junior to replace Executor.

LHC walked away, sad that his friend had been lost.

Eliminator too, felt himself feeling a pang of sadness for the young one, but kept that to himself.

 

Back inside the shuttle, Executor was having a hard time repairing Devcon. His circuits were very frail and fiddly. And the shuttle wasn't exactly a med-lab.

It took Executor quite a while to repair Devcon's damaged internal organs. He then looked at Devcon's damaged brain.

"LHC would know how to do this ...."

Executor felt a twinge of guilt. LHC was his leader and also his friend. A loyal Decepticon. He'd often thought about telling LHC his anti-war feelings, but was frightened that LHC would feel betrayed.

Fortunately, first aid was one of Executor's strong points, although he wasn't an expert. He spent the following hours reconnecting the wires and the links.

He repaired Devcon's dented metal skin and finally finished repairing the damaged circuitry. The young Decepticon checked his work. There were a few minor mistakes which he carefully corrected. Executor checked the energon reserves of the shuttle. Empty.

"Okay ..."

Executor transferred some of the shuttle's energy into Devcon, slowly. If it was done too quickly, it would melt Devcon's links and repair would be impossible.

Devcon slowly began to regain consciousness. He put his hand on his head, feeling as though he'd just come out of a long coma. He opened his eyes and was thrilled to be able to see. Devcon looked around and saw Executor. He looked confused.

"I've seen you before ...."

The Decepticon nodded. "I'm Executor. Remember, you captured me and let off, a couple of years ago."

Devcon recalled. "Yes, I remember you now .... But you're a Decepticon. Why?"

Executor took a deep breath. "All us Decepticons aren't alike. There are some of us that want an end to the war as much as you do. I'm one of them and I will never forget the day you spared my life, Devcon."

Devcon smiled. In all his years of perusing Decepticons, that had never crossed his mind. Something new was waiting to be learned every day, no matter how smart or experienced you may be.

"Thanks," Devcon said

Executor smiled and helped him up.

"You were on the dreadnought?"

Executor nodded. "With Eliminator."

"Eliminator ...." Devcon spat that name out with disgust. He clenched his fists so tight he drew blood. "I despise him."

"I think he hates you too. You should've seen how peeved off he was when you blasted the ship and he got a shard through his hand."

"I'd love to stick one through his gut."

Executor chose not to mention the shard that injured him.

"Where's Slezardo?" asked Devcon becoming worried.

"He's over here, still unconscious, but the bleeding's stopped. He wasn't badly cut. I'm not an expert, but I think he's gonna be okay."

Devcon smiled.

Slezardo later regained consciousness. He saw Executor and growled.

"Hey," Executor said. "It's okay."

Slezardo bit his finger. Even though it was not hurt, Executor withdrew his hand.

"Easy, Slezardo," Devcon calmed. "He's a friend. He saved our lives, which proves that all Decepticon's aren't as bad as they seem."

Slezardo kissed Executor's finger, in an apology.

The Decepticon smiled. "It's all right, little fella."

"Thanks," Devcon said. "Oh, and Executor ... I'm sorry ... When I let you go two years ago, I was rather hard on you and I..."

"Oh, don't worry about it, I admit you gave me a scare, but it's okay and as for repairing you ... Peace between our two people has to start somewhere."

Devcon smiled. "Funny, Isn't it? Decepticons were once Autobots, so we're all from the same race, yet there are so many differences that have torn us apart."

Executor nodded. "Oh, listen, I've got some new plans for a new ship. You're gonna need one. The materials'll be easy to obtain. You'll just have to put Autobot symbols on it."

Devcon smiled. "If I stuck 'Con symbols on it, it's confuse you buggers, won't it?"

Executor smiled. "If anyone asks. You never saw me. I'm not involved."

"You got it."

"In a way, I want to join the Autobots, but I am a Decepticon. I think the secret of peace, isn't making Decepticons become Autobots, but maybe a truce or something, between us. There are so many differences now, it'd be impossible to change them all. If just the fighting and killing stops ...."

"I can't say how much I agree with you. For a youngster, you got a lot of potential. It's unfortunate you can't speak your thoughts aloud."

Executor nodded. "That day will come."

"I pray for the day when our dreams will be fulfilled." Devcon said. "It all seemed so gloomy as if everything was going to end. My quest has not ended. It has begun again."

"I can take you to Cybertron," Executor said. "You'll be able to build your destroyer there."

"Thanks, Executor, but aren't you taking a risk, doing this?"

Executor nodded. "I have to."

"I'll take the shuttle in. I know how to avoid the sensors."

Executor looked out of the window as they approached Cybertron.

"A long time since I've been here. Not much has changed in millions of years. You should have seen it in the Golden Age. It was beautiful. I used to be a resident of Crystal City before it was destroyed. I wanted revenge at first, but I knew that was hopeless. I escaped with a few of my friends, unfortunately, most perished when the city was destroyed. Those friends that survived were all killed by Decepticons. I vowed to learn the ways of combat and bring the Decepticons to justice. It became my Quest for Peace. Some would call it an obsession. It has taken all my life, and my Quest is nowhere near an end. Sometimes I feel as if it's hopeless, but I cannot give up."

*  *  *

Executor returned to Planet Decepticon and radioed in for landing clearance.

"What? ..." asked a confused LHC looking at the monitor. He turned to Eliminator, who happened to be in the control room with him at the time. "I thought you said he's been destroyed."

"Thought he had, My Lord. Perhaps he survived."

"Perhaps, but it might be a trick. Be prepared."

"Yes, My Lord."

LHC smiled to himself at the thought of Executor surviving. He turned to his operations officer.

"Claira, open platform A-27."

She gave a polite nod. "Landing clearance granted, shuttle occupant to land on platform A-27."

LHC smiled at her. She smiled back at him, a memory coming back to her. She greatly respected and loved LHC. He was unlike a lot of other Decepticons. He was reasonable and not a soulless killing machine. He had killed Autobots before, but for reasons he deemed necessary.

Claira had been a young Autobot when her city was attacked by Decepticons. Her parents had both been killed in the attack. She had been the only survivor. LHC had seen her and she had been terrified. Instead of killing her, he took her back to Planet Decepticon and cared fr her. He was like a father to her and she held no malice toward him for what had happened to her Autobot parents, although she had always wondered how she would have been if they had not been killed. She had thought about rejoining the Autobots, but did not want to betray LHC. He had given her so much and she felt she owed him her life.

After she had landed the shuttle, Claira went exploring on Planet Decepticon It was a biological planet much like the Earth she had been told about, another planet where the Transformers war was being fought. This uninhabited planet had been taken over by the Decepticons as a home base. Claira walked down to the clear, cold lake and sat down, looking at the animals around her. She loved it here. It was a few hours before she had to return to duty.

LHC and Eliminator waited for the shuttle to land. They stood ready with blasters, incase the Autobots had decided to send them a 'Trojan Horse.' The hatch opened and the occupant walked down the ramp. LHC lowered his gun, relieved that it was Executor. He did not fear an Autobot invasion force, but was happy his friend was safe.

"We thought you'd been destroyed," Eliminator said, lowering his blaster.

Executor shook his head. "No, it just took a while to scan the remains of the cruiser, to make certain there were no life signs."

LHC smiled and slapped the youngster on the back, forgetting his own strength, as Executor ended up on the ground.

"Sorry, 'bout that."

Executor smiled. "It's okay, My Lord."

 

*  *  *

In the weeks that followed, Devcon, with help from fellow Autobots constructed the Autobots first intergalactic destroyer. They preferred not to call it a 'destroyer' as it's weapons would only be used for defence. It's weapons and shields were more powerful than those of Devcon's original ship. They could match the power of a dreadnought.

Devcon, in his new ship he named the Questor, was on his way to Earth, to visit his Autobot friends he had met when he tracked three Decepticons to the Gambling asteroid Monacos.

 

Somewhere along the way, his sensors detected a ship. A big ship. The sensors confirmed it was a Decepticon Intergalactic Dreadnought.

"No ... not now ...." Devcon complained. He couldn't just let them slip by, no matter how much he wanted to see his friends.

"Alert!" called Executor. "Something's on our tail - Something big --"

Eliminator checked the sensors. "It's a destroyer ... An Autobot destroyer. Since when did they have destroyers?"

The enemy ship came into view.

Devcon Executor thought. Boy did he take advantage of those modifications! Woah!

"Executor, stop daydreaming. Try to find out who's aboard."

"As you command, Sir .... I'm reading one transformer life form and one biological, in the cockpit."

Eliminator frowned. "Biological?"

"I'm not sure what it is." What is Slezardo anyway?

"Zero in on the cockpit. I want to see who it is."

You're not gonna like this Sir ....

Executor did as he was told. Eliminator stared at the monitor and shook his head in shock.

"No .... It can't be ..... I TERMINATED HIM!!!!"

Eliminator smashed the monitor with his clenched fist, then turned to Executor.

"You told me that you scanned the wreckage and found no life signs."

"There weren't any, Sir. I checked my analysis several times. The Autobots've must've found him and repaired him."

"SAK'TA"  Eliminator spat the ancient Cybertronian curse, making Eliminator blush.  Even LHC wouldn't us that one, he was sure.

 

Devcon activated his shields.

"You stay here, Slezardo, I'm going aboard the dreadnought. Bring us in closer." Slezardo gave Devcon a worried look. His Autobot friend smiled. "Don't worry. I'll be fine. I've got a hunch Eliminator's aboard that thing and I'd him like to like up to his name sake. In other words, I'm going to eliminate him. You just distract them while I fly over."

Slezardo nodded. He would not let his friend down.

Devcon transformed into his fighter mode. He flew around the far side of the dreadnought, with Slezardo firing shots, which kept the Decepticons busy, and not noticing him.

When aboard, Devcon transformed, and deactivated the security alarm before it had a chance to alert the Decepticons.

"Damn!" Eliminator cursed. "We can't destroy him while he's got that blasted shield up. We have to wait until his power runs low."

"That may be longer than you think, Eliminator."

The Decepticon spun around. "Devcon!"

Before he had a chance to defend himself, Devcon blasted him in his stomach. Eliminator was thrown backwards. Devcon ran toward him and leapt on top of him. Executor stayed well out of the way.

Devcon was stronger than Eliminator, but the Decepticon wouldn't let that intimidate him. He punched Devcon in his face. Devcon grabbed Eliminator's wrist. Eliminator jerked it free. Devcon stood up and kicked Eliminator in his stomach. Eliminator avoided Devcon's next kick. He stood up and pushed Devcon onto the console. The fight drew on longer. Eliminator was losing and he knew it, but he tried his best.

"I've fought with you before, Devcon. I can best you easily."

"The last time I confronted you, you took off like a shot."

"I .... I was called back by Command."

"Sure. You're a coward."

Eliminator knew his adversary was right. He was terrified, but determined not to let it show.

Executor stayed well out of the conflict. He didn't want to get involved, in fear of being torn to shreds.

Devcon threw Eliminator onto the floor and blasted him. Eliminator got to his knees. He held up a hand, for Devcon not to shot, but the Autobot blasted his hand, then blasted him again.

"Don't ..."

Devcon shot his enemy again and again.

"Please stop ...." Eliminator gasped, in pain, bleeding. "I'll do anything ... Anythin you want ..."

Devcon looked down at him in disgust. "There is nothing I want from you except your death." Devcon knew fear when he saw it, but he refused to let himself show compassion. "Give me one - one good reason why I should let you live."

Eliminator looked at Devcon, but said nothing.

"Back on Cybertron," Devcon said, "you killed my friends. Everyone I had."

"I didn't know how much they meant to you. I ..."

"SAK'TA!" Devcon spat.  "YOU DIDN'T CARE!"

Devcon kicked him hard in his stomach. Eliminator winced in pain.

"Executor ... Help me...  Help me .... do something ...."

"Like what?"

"Anything... just.."

"Just shut up," Devcon said, blasting his enemy again.

Eliminator gasped in pain.

"Exe...cutor ...."

Executor saw no other alternative. He grabbed a gun which was near him and held it at Devcon. The experienced Autobot could sense Executor's dilemma. He blasted the gun out of his hand.

"Don't hurt me ...." Executor said, playing along.

"It's Eliminator I want. Stay out of it, or I'll kill you too." Devcon gave the young one a discreet wink.

Executor knew Devcon wouldn't hurt him, but he also knew Devcon was dead serious when he said 'stay out of it.'

The Autobot pointed his gun at Eliminator.

"Don't shoot, Devcon .... please...."

"Why not?"

"Listen, there were times when I could have killed you, but I didn't. I gave you a chance. Give me another chance."

"I have given you another chance. I hate you for what you did, but I wasn't going to let hatred and revenge cloud my judgement, but When I saw you doing the same thing again and again. I wish I'd never given you that chance, you worthless piece of scrap."

He kicked him in his stomach. Eliminator gasped and held his injured part.

"Please...."

"No way, Eliminator. I am not going to let you get away this time."

He shot his enemy twice more. Eliminator was almost crying with pain, but Devcon did not feel any pity.

He doesn't care about anything but destruction and himself. He'd kill me without hesitation if our positions were reversed. He deserves to die. Devcon shot him again. Eliminator lost consciouness.

The gruesome sight made Executor sick. He always got squeamish when it came to the sight of blood. Devcon had grown used to the sight. He'd seen so much of it in his lifetime, it didn't bother him anymore. He saw Executor's reaction.

"Do you want to leave?" he asked.

Executor tried to stand the sight and shook his head. Devcon looked at Eliminator, lying helpless on the floor.

"Pathetic ...."

Devcon set his gun to the highest setting, and aimed it at Eliminator's head. He began to pull back on the trigger.

"Devcon, don't."

Devcon turned at the words.

"Why not?"

Executor didn't answer. He knew he was treading on thin ice.

Devcon resumed. Executor reached out and pushed his gun away. Devcon whirled around and bashed him.

"I told you to stay out of it! Why are you trying to stop me? Any way it doesn't matter. He deserves this."

Devcon pointed his gun at the unconscious Eliminator once again.

"Don't, Devcon."

"Don't try and stop me," Devcon warned, his eyes burning into Executor.

"I can't let you kill him."

"I TOLD YOU TO STAY OUT OF IT!!!"

"NO!! I CAN'T!!"

Executor had never yelled at anyone before, and was quite surprised.

"Why don't you want me to kill him?" Devcon asked.

Executor paused for a second, then answered. "He saved my life once."

Devcon could scarcely believe his ears. "What ... How?"

"It was practically my first week alive. I was practising in a dreadnought simulation. It was a battle test, but something went wrong. The simulator malfunctioned. The door had fused shut and I couldn't get out. Some controls started to explode. I was terrified. There was no way out. I didn't know what to do ... Then the door was blasted open. Eliminator, my superior officer rushed in and pulled me out, before the whole thing exploded. I hate thinking about that. It was the worst experience of my life .... And," Executor continued, when you attacked our ship, your blast threw me onto a sharp metal shard stuck through me - horizontally, from side to side. God, that was painful. I thought I was gonna die, but Eliminator helped me."

There was silence for a while.

"I'm sorry," Devcon said. "But I still hate him..."

Devcon looked down at Eliminator.

"You yourself said you were on a Quest for Peace, not an obsession for revenge. What you've done here, constitutes the latter."

How ironic .... Devcon thought. Here I am, on a Quest which means everything to me - to bring the Decepticons to justice, and yet, a Decepticon had just reminded me of the true nature of my cause. Devcon lowered his gun.

"I never thought he gave a damn about anything except destruction and himself."

"He cares about his fellow Decepticons," Executor said,

"although he won't admit that. I've gotta repair him."

"I won't help you, Devcon said. "Even though I did this to him."

"I'm not asking you to. He's nowhere near as damaged as you were. I can handle this."

Devcon nodded. "I still think he's a bastard, but I guess everyone deserves a right to live, even him. I've gotta get goin'. Slezardo'll be worried sick. Slezardo! He'll be starving!"

"What does he eat?"

"Anything."

Executor smiled.

"Well, anything that's not mechanical."

"I don't know about that," Executor smiled. "He tried to eat my finger..."

Devcon gave chuckled.

"Anyway," Executor said, "I think he's cute."

Devcon smiled. "I'm sure he'll be flattered."

"You'd better get goin.' He's probably munched through the controls console!"

Devcon smiled. He transformed into his fighter mode and was back aboard his ship in no time.

*  *  *

Executor had taken Eliminator to the repair bay and fixed him there. He began to reactivate him.

Eliminator slowly sat up.

"What ... where am I? ... Am I dead?"

Executor smiled. "No, you're not dead."

"Executor .... Devcon was about to kill me. What happened?"

"Lie down and relax."

"But what happened? He hates me. He'd stop at nothing to see me dead."

"Well, I sort of .... talked him out of it."

"You what?! How on Cybertron did you manage that?"

"I just told him that you saved my life once and that you deserved a right to live, and after a lot of persuasion, he decided to give you another chance."

"I hate to say this, Executor, but you're a genius."

The other smiled. "I try.  The ship's set on course to Planet Decepticon."

"LHC is going to looooove to hear that Devcon's alive," Eliminator said, nervous.

"I'll bet."

 

*  *  *

LHC stood wating, on the platform, arms folded.

"Uh oh," Eliminator said, trying to swallow the lump in his throat. "He knows...."

The two Decepticons approached their leader.

"You told me he was killed," LHC's voice was deceptively calm.

"M... My Lord .... he was killed," Executor said. "I scanned the vessel. There were no life signs."

LHC glared at Eliminator. "You were responsible. You should've checked yourself."

"But, My Lor..."

LHC's cold glare stopped Eliminator in mid sentence. He aimed his blaster at his subordinate.

Eliminator swallowed. "But , My Lord ...."

LHC hesitated, then pulled back on the trigger and shot him.

Executor jerked. LHC lowered his gun. He knew Eliminator was not dead and had second thoughts about killing him.

"Are you going to kill him, Sir?"

"No," LHC replied, walking away.

Executor felt grateful, but also a little confused. He had seen LHC kill other Decepticons for failures, some lesser than this one.

LHC turned. "Executor, come with me."

"Yes, Sir." The youngster hurried to catch up.

LHC took him into a small room.

"Executor, I want to tell you something. Something that will never leave this room."

"Of course, Sir. You know you can trust me."

LHC nodded. "I need to tell you something about Eliminator. Do you know why he hates Autobots so much?"

"No, not exactly.  I just thought he hated them because he's a Decepticon."

"Well, he's never liked than, understandably, but his rage came afterwards ... a long time ago, he had a younger brother, called Jard. Jard wanted to go on a reconnaissance mission, but Eliminator told him that it would be too dangerous. Jard, at the time was young, inexperienced and foolish. This would be his first mission. Despite warnings from Eliminator, Jard went anyway. The ship he was on was attacked by Autobots. They mistook it for a battleship. As it was only a reconnaissance craft, it had limited defences."

"They killed Jard?"

"The ship went down and crashed on a planet. Jard was blown out into space. The planet's gravity pulled him down. The atmosphere was weak, so he survived. He wanted to rejoin the Decepticons, but as 'Jard' he was considered an inexperienced junior. He had learned a lot from this mission. He spent the following years reconstructing himself and his transforming mode, using parts of the other Decepticons, all sixteen of them died in the crash, and parts of the ship. Jard originally was a ground speed car, but his new mode is a large space fighter. He left the planet and flew back to Planet Decepticon. No one recognised him and he became the leader."

Executor stared at LHC.

"It's you."

The leader nodded. "This conversation must not leave this room. Is that perfectly clear?"

"As crystal, Sir."

"Good. It's just that I'm worried if others learn of this, they'll see me as Jard, the junior and won't take me seriously."

"I don't know about that, Sir. You've proved yourself time and time again. You've grown from that junior."

"I know. Perhaps I'll reveal all someday, but not now."

"I promise I wont breathe a word of this."

LHC smiled. "I know I can trust you. You're one Decepticon I can count on."

Executor smiled.

"Thanks, Sir. Are you ever going to tell Eliminator?"

"I may, someday. I feel I owe that to him, I am after all, his brother."

 

*   *   *

 

Devcon fed his friend a floppy piece of oceanic weed.

"Slowly, Slezardo ... it's not going to sprout legs and run away."

The green alien slowed and finished the leafy plant. Devcon lowered his hand.

"Resume course to Earth" he saad.  "It's been too long since I've seen my friends. It feels like an age since I saw Smokescreen last."

Slezardo gave a whoop of joy as she fired up the engines.

Devcon stared out amongst the stars. It seemed so quiet and peaceful, now. He longed for the dya when it would be.

My Quest For Peace has gone on for so long - over nine million years. Sometimes in dire situations, it feels like it's all over, hopeless ... as if it's coming to an end, but every time that happens, my Quest always finds a new beginning. Until peace and freedom is restored forever to the Universe, my Quest will never cease.

 

*

 Back to Autobot & Decepticon Fanfic Page

 

Back to Transformers Page