Disclaimers in Part 1

~~~~~~~~~~

WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAR

Chapter III

 

LONELY STARS

 

A tear rolled down Starscream's cheek. Razormoon gently kissed his forehead and Starscream returned the kiss, knowing it would be the last ovulation they would share for Primus knew how long - maybe even longer than an Earth year.

"Take good care of the disc," she said. "I'm sorry to have to leave you with the responsibility, but I can't risk taking it to Cybertron."

"I know," Starscream whispered. "You have my word, My Love. I'll keep it safe and implement the program, no matter the cost."

"Be careful."

"Aren't I always?"

"Are you kiddin'?"

They both laughed and shared a final parting kiss.

Razormoon could hardly contain her tears as she left Starscream's quarters, again in a veil of secrecy. She trusted Seawave to put the security cameras right again, as she painfully returned to her quarters, walking quickly as possible, resisting the urge to run. She wanted to run away into the night, but where to? The only place she wanted to run was back into Starscream's arms and she couldn't do that. She hated feeling so helpless and felt she hated Megatron too. All this pain for one little innocent mistake? Razormoon sincerely hoped Megatron would one day suffer the way she and Starscream were going to.

* * *

"Thanks for seeing me off, Seawave," Razormoon said, aboard the shuttle craft. "No one else even bothered. You're a true friend, Gal."

Seawave smiled. "The Razor, Star and Sabre Clans would've come to see you off if they weren't out scouting and of course Starscream would be here if he could."

"I know," Razormoon said. "Just that it's going to be so lonely... I mean Shockwave's there, but he's not my type."

Seawave smiled. "And I'm sure Hakuna'll scratch your optics out if you try anything."

"You could make a torture victim smile, Sea."

Seawave smiled gently. "Thanks, Razor. Is there a message you'd like me to give Starscream? I mean I'm sure Megatron didn't forbid that."

A smile curved Razormoon's mouth and then she grinned. "I never knew you were devious, 'Wave."

The Neutral smirked. "Oh, comes in handy now and again. You'd be surprised ..."

"I have a message for both of them. Lean closer and deliver this message exactly."

Razormoon gave Seawave Starscream's message, then told her Megatron's.

Seawave smiled. "I'll see that they're delivered."

"Thanks."

"De nada."

Seawave watched Razormoon retreat inside the solitary shuttle and hoped the journey and time on Cybertron wouldn't be too lonely for her, but she really knew otherwise.

Seawave came to Starscream shortly after Razormoon's automated shuttle had blasted off. He was in the control room with Megatron and Soundwave.

"Razormoon gave me a message for you," she said, then turned to Megatron. "I trust you didn't forbid that?"

"No..." Megatron said, somewhat resigned.

"What's the message?" Starscream asked, eagerly.

"Lean closer," Seawave said.

Megatron watched them, and thought she was going to whisper something in Starscream's ear.

Seawave grabbed Starscream and kissed him passionately.

Megatron's eyes widened as he watched with interest.

Finally Seawave and Starscream parted. "I hope I got that right," she said with a smile.

"I'm sure you did. Hey, thanks."

Seawave smiled. "My pleasure."

Megatron looked at Seawave. "So ... mmm .... did she leave a message for me too?" He quite fancied Seawave now that the Femme had become Neutral.

"Yes, as a matter of fact, she did." Seawave walked to Megatron. "Lean closer..."

Megatron obliged and Seawave punched him in the stomach. The Decepticon leader fell backwards onto the floor, with a gasp.

"Don't shoot me," Seawave said, palms up. "I'm just the messenger." She turned to Soundwave. "Don't worry Soundie, he'll live."

Soundwave half smiled as he helped Megatron up.

Seawave and Starscream left the room.

Megatron winced and placed his hand over his stomach. Usually he'd punish anyone for such behaviour, but Seawave was something else. "Oo, packs quite a punch..."

"Indeed," Soundwave said.

Megatron turned to him. "You think this is funny, don't you?"

"Well, hardly unexpected."

"Well ... maybe I did deserve it..." They both laughed.

* * *

Razormoon gazed at the blue, white and aqua sphere, seeming to diminish in size as her shuttle continued on its course to Cybertron. She forced herself not to cry as she looked back on Earth until it was a glowing blue speck in the distance. She wasn't going to cry all the way to Cybertron. She wasn't going to give Megatron the satisfaction. Perhaps she'd cry half the way ...

Razormoon gazed out at the stars, but then looked away ... Stars ... they reminded her of Starscream ... Razormoon usually found stargazing tranquil, but all she found in it now was turmoil. The star shapes in the shuttle's dash reminded her of him ...

"Adjusting course due to large meteor shower from the star in the Angellan system, recently gone nova," the computer's voice informed. "Veering starboard."

Starboard. Star that had gone nova. Everything reminded her of Starscream. Razormoon shook her head. "Get a grip, Girl..."

She made a wish on a bright star outside, that her time away wouldn't seem so long and that everything went all right, although Primus only knew if it would come true.

She had no one to console her on her lonely flight and passed the time by composing a letter to Starscream - though Primus knew when she'd be able to get it to him.

"Well I've never written a letter before ... so here goes..." she said to the oxygen surrounding her. It seemed to be the only companion she had, that and the ship's engine's subtle hum. She pulled out her Personal Computer Pad.

Dearest Starscream, I already miss you more than I can say. I dearly...

"Yueeggh! That sounds gross!..." Razormoon deleted it and started again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Screamers,

'At the risk of sounding mushy I can't begin to describe how much I already miss you, you mischievous thing, you - and I haven't even got to Cybertron yet. Primus knows when you'll be able to read this, but it makes my time away from you more bearable. You'd better be missing me too, you bugger! (Smile) Take care of you, and take care of know what ... And I hope to see when I come back... which seems like a million vorns away.'

Razormoon knew that wouldn't make sense to anyone else, but she had to make it obscure in case her letter was intercepted.

'Well at least I'll have Shockwave for company, not that he's a replacement for you by any means ... Oh well, I can't hold it against him. You're the one & only Starscream!'

Razormoon smiled for the first time in many, many hours. Writing to Starscream may not bring him to her, but it sure as Silicon Hades brought him closer.

* * *

Starscream inserted the sliver holo disc into its perspex case, and then placed it into the protective covering inside his chest. He had vowed to keep it safe at all costs. He left his quarters to get some energon, both for himself and his little secret... He wished he could make a backup of the disc, but this disc would not be copied and if it was, the original program would deteriorate. Starscream vowed to keep it safe at all costs and was extra, extra careful with it.

He felt that part of Razormoon was inside him and he was the protector - the guardian.

After he'd drunk a second energon cube, the alarm klaxon blared, crimson flashed. Starscream gasped, then hoped it was a false alarm, but the rocking of the base and pelting of footfalls told him otherwise. Skywarp burst into the energon room, energized himself, followed by group of Decepticons.

"So much for peace and quiet," Starscream huffed.

"The 'Bots've come to rescue Prowl, Wheeljack and Windcharger," Thundercrakcer said.

"What?" Starscream had been so caught up in his own sorrows, he wasn't aware they had any prisoners.

"Let's get 'em!" Bonecrusher roared. "Move, Starscream!" He pushed the Jet out of the way.

Furious, Starscream grabbed the Constructicon and proceeded to bash him relentlessly, fury burning inside him. Not only had Bonecrusher pushed him over the brink, he might have damaged the disc Starscream was carrying. The Constructicon looked bewildered as he saw the murderous look in the Jet's blood red eyes. He wanted to slog back, but in Starscream's current state of mind, he dared not. Soundwave forcefully pulled Starscream off Bonecrusher and held him at bay.

"Save it for the Autobots," he said.

Usually Starscream found Soundwave's voice annoying, not for the way it sounded, but for the way it reminded him that Soundwave always had his eye on him, should he try anything against Megatron, but this time Soundwave's melodical voice had a somewhat calming effect.

Sore and dazed, Bonecrusher stood and shook his head, leaning on some energon cubes for support.

"What the hell got into you?" Bonecrusher snapped. "Like it's my fault what happened between you and Razormoon?"

Starscream refused to apologise.

"You're out of it, Screamers. Go and chill the fuck out, but if you ever do that again, I'll smash you good. Got it."

"Yeah, sure. Whatever."

Bonecrusher seemed angry that Starscream wasn't fazed by his threat, but he was confident there wouldn't e a repeat of this and the bright side of the ordeal was he could use his rage against the Autobots.

Starscream hoped his loss of temper wasn't reported to Megatron. Not that Megatron gave a damn about Bonecrusher, but it would hardly look good in Starscream's record to be so out of control. Well at least pummelling Bonecrusher had eased him up a little, though he would rather have beaten the cyber-shit out of Megatron - but that was hardly feasible at this time. Starscream felt he could take his rage out of the Autobots, but what good would it do? It wouldn't bring Razormoon back to Earth, and Starscream hardly felt like a battle. He let his fellow Decepticons rush past him and then he realised - he may be forced into battle... and the disc inside him may get damaged ... He had to get it to his quarters!

"Starscream!" Megatron yelled. "Where the Hades are you going?"

Damn. "I have to go to my quarters ... to get a spare gun."

"There's no time!"

No... Starscream almost protested, but bit his lip. Then Megatron would know he was hiding something. He began to follow Megatron, then when the Decepticon Leader turned a corner, Starscream bolted the other way. It wasn't hard - Megatron was hardly paying attention to him anyway.

He arrived at his quarters, slid open his door and slipped inside, just as he heard footsteps rush past. He breathed a sigh of relief, then took the disc out of him and placed it in a secure compartment in his wall, which would open only to his or Razormoon's fingerprint.

Megatron hardly noticed Starscream was a little late in joining the battle. The Aerial Seeker felt relieved the disc was safe. The Autobots, Optimus Prime, Ironhide, Jazz, Tracks, Mirage, Brawn, Cliffjumper, and Huffer and managed to jailbreak their friends, much to Megatron's dismay, however the Decepticons were winning the battle.

Starscream saw a stray missile explode a mountainside, the rocks tumbled down, crushing on top of Optimus Prime. In pain, he struggled to free himself, but couldn't. Starscream knew that Megatron would find his nemesis soon enough and finish him off, so he flew to Optimus first. Prime didn't look too confident - he couldn't even feel his rifle, let alone get his hand free. Starscream walked closer to him.

"Well, let's just say today's your lucky day, Prime," he said, blasting the rocks around the Autobot Leader, freeing him. Starscream walked forward and helped Optimus Prime up. The rocks hadn't exactly been gentle.

"Now, take your Autobots over the Nikoba Rise - that way." Starscream pointed North North West. The magnetism'll protect you from our sensors."

"What? I..."

Starscream took out a cyber bandage from his chest - he always carried one in case he got hurt ... and wrapped it around Optimus' bleeding arm.

"I don't ... understand," Prime said, stumped.

"Well," Starscream said, "I could be really cruel and tell you I've had a change of heart, but simply, Optimus, Meggie owes me big and it's payback time and I can't think of anything that would make him madder."

Optimus couldn't help but smile and shake his head. "The things we do ... Well, thanks anyway, Starscream ..."

"Don't mention it ... Really I mean it - don't breathe one word. I want Megsy to get mad - but not at me."

Prime chuckled. "My audio is sealed."

"Uhh...Thanks."

Starscream took off and watched Optimus Prime and his Autobots create a huge explosion as a diversion, then discreetly retreat over the Nikoba Rise. Of course Optimus had been cautions, be it a trap, but went ahead when he discovered all was well. Even though Starscream had helped them only to spite Megatron, Optimus couldn't help feeling grateful to the red, white and blue jet.

"I can't believe it!" Megatron bellowed, back inside the base. "We had the bastards!!!" He thumped the computer, causing the keypad to crack.

Starscream could barely contain his amusement, but kept it well hidden, including from Soundwave's ESP.

"And Prime!" Megatron hissed. "I was sure that landslide would've injured him ... Crushed him with any luck."

Starscream left the control room, returned to his quarters and burst out into raucous uncontrollable laughter. He laughed so hard, until his face hurt, then flopped to the floor held his stomach and began squealing, screeching and snorting with laughter, totally unable and unwilling to stop, utterly grateful for the soundproofed walls.

But his enjoyment was short lived. It wouldn't bring Razormoon back or let him see her at all. He had pictures, but they hardly compared to the real woman. He didn't want to get carried away with vengeance. He'd made that mistake before. If he went too far, it would backfire. He knew that much was pretty much a Universal fact. He and Razormoon may never be allowed to see each other again.

When the incessant giggle fit had stopped, Starscream left his quarters and went to the security room, and wiped all information that could incriminate him ... He was shown bolting away from Megatron and entering his quarters and a tape that if you blew up the image clearly showed Starscream conversing with Optimus Prime.

Starscream went to the energon room, took four cubes, returned to his quarters and started implementing his plan. Of course he needed to proceed with caution. He needed a lot of energon and if he took it all at once, suspicions would arise and he couldn't let anything stop him. He couldn't risk letting anyone know. As far as he knew, apart from himself and Razormoon, Seawave was the only other one who did know. She had vowed not to breathe a word, and also she couldn't help him, right now as she had gone on a mission to deep space to help rescue a race, the Eyorians, from extinction and resettle them due to a super nova. Starscream sighed - everything seemed to be in turmoil - his life felt like a super nova at the moment. He had been a little worried about Seawave, but she had assured him that there was more than enough time to rescue the Eyorians before the sun went nova and the Autobots' ship had more than adequate shielding. He really liked Seawave, as a friend more than anything else. She was always there for him and had often told Megatron off on his behalf. Starscream also knew he could tell the Star, Razor and Sabre Clans but he decided against it. He trusted them all, well, with the exception of Bloodstone ... But even if he told the other sisters, one word slipped and that would jeopardise the whole kitt 'n' caboodle.

Starscream smiled as he laid back on his resting ledge, then opened his secret compartment and looked at his disc. It didn't look like any ordinary holo laser disc to him. This was a miracle in every sense of the word. Then he noticed three glowing solid Cyber-Choc bars behind it and laughed. He hadn't noticed them before, as he was in such a rush. He'd put these here ages ago for an acid rainy day. He thought about savouring it, but now he'd seen it, the temptation was too great. He wasn't about to show mercy and devoured it instantly.

"Mmm..." he smiled, savouring the sweet, smooth creamy taste as he swallowed.

He decided to save the other bar, for as long as he could hold back the temptation, and placed them in a separate compartment in case their energy warped the data on the disc. He ran a check on it to be sure. He smiled and placed it back in its secure compartment which he filled with white fluffy Cyber-foam to protect it should the base rock due to an attack, earthquake or anything to that effect. Starscream realised he may be obsessing, but he'd rather be paranoid about this than have anything happen to this most significant disc. He patted the foam knowing it was safe inside and closed the compartment. He knew it would take quite a lot of energy to implement the program and also knew he couldn't take too long before the delicate program began to deteriorate - a few Earth months at most. He had planned to stash the extra energon, compressed under his bed, where it would be protected from all but a Level Four Security Sweep, which he was glad to say were extremely rare. He knew he couldn't arouse suspicions in any way and had to leave leadership of the Decepticons to Megatron - for now at least. Nothing could come between him and his plan.

* * *

Meanwhile, Razormoon had arrived on Cybertron. Shockwave had greeted her, shown her to her temporary quarters where she placed her few belongings, consisting of her computer note pad, a chrome picture of Starscream, an Earth Quartz Crystal and chrome 3-D photographs of her sisters and friends. She would miss them too. She was careful not to display them. She didn't think Shockwave would view sentimentality as logical.

Even with her things, this place felt cold and lonely.

"I have been informed that you are not to have any contact with Earth, particularly with Starscream," Shockwave said coldly. "Megatron's orders."

"Figures. I wasn't planning to disobey him." A lie, but she thought she'd better get on Shockwave's good side if there was such a thing.

She assisted him with proceedings, monitoring for Autobot activity, their hidden base, sending out scouting parties ... checking equipment and adjusting scanners, helping the one opticed Decepticon compile reports on Autobot activity, inventory, etc ... She was really getting bored to death and she had only just arrived here - maybe this was the hidden half of Megatron's punishment, as if there needed to be any more torture. Maybe Mr. Spock would like it here with Shockwave.

Razormoon worried about 'The Program,' however, she didn't doubt Starscream - the program was of the utmost importance to both of them which would change both of their lives when created. The Femme Seeker tried her best to keep her mind on the work at hand.

She began to crave some private time to herself when she could write Starscream how bored lubricantless she was. That made the time a little less torturous.

 

* * *

Hakuna Metada, formerly named Laser Shot, the exchange from Cybertron was a nice enough girl, cool and all, but she wasn't Razormoon and she didn't seem to be too happy to be back on Earth - she missed Shockwave, although she did say she had missed the Serengeti plains and had gone back there on occasion.

Starscream moped in his quarters. He hated moping and feeling so down, but with his love so far away and uncontactable, how could he not mope. To mope or not to mope, that is the question, he had asked himself, but try as he might, he couldn't make himself feel happy, even though he knew full well Megatron had won if he did mope. "It's a cruel Universe..." he sighed.

Knowing he may see Razormoon again someday, and implementing the program stored on the laser disc was the only thing that kept him from total manic depression, but still he missed Razormoon terribly.

* * *

Soundwave was almost ecstatic as he had blocked and stopped all Autobot interference with Decepticon transmissions.

Starscream had completed a report on Autobot activity as Megatron asked him, and gave it to him.

"Thank you," Megatron said, but it was hardly polite.

"Can I go now?" Starscream asked impatiently. "I've done what you asked."

"I'm sorry," Megatron said, in a seemingly understanding tone. "I'm keeping you from your afternoon mope. Wouldn't want you to be late ... And of course you have to save energy for your main evening mope..."

Starscream glared at Megatron. "You're enjoying this, aren't you, you bas-"

"I'm warning you, Starscream, I'm in no mood."

"Ditto!" Starscream yelled as he stormed off in high dungeon.

After about half an hour of moping, Starscream realised this was exactly what Megatron had goaded him into doing. He scowled, and wasn't going to let his strings be pulled - least of all by Megatron. He left the base and went for a solo flight around an unpopulated area, containing much vegetation and wildlife. Usually he wouldn't've given a damn, but in the light of the recent events, he found it quite relaxing. He transformed and sat in a large gorge. He hadn't realised how lovely it could be out here. A breeze seemed to relax his body and he smiled as he sat in the valley thinking to himself at how nice it would be to have Razormoon sitting beside him. He stayed there well into nightfall.

As he lay down and looked into the Milky Way, the subtle stardust stretching across the sky, and thought of her out there so many light years away.

After a while, he pretended Razormoon was there and started talking to her. He didn't care if it sounded weird, and didn't believe that talking to one's self was a sign of insanity - he'd go insane if he didn't - and he wasn't really talking to himself, was he? In any case, this made it easier for him and would make his time alone a lot less painful and lonely.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAR

Chapter IV

 

A STAR IS BORN

 

Starscream continued collecting energy to implement the VIP (Very Important Program) on the disc. Of course he had to be discrete.

He'd compressed the energon into smaller cubes and could store more under his resting ledge - the more the merrier. At first he was worried he'd run out of space, but the cubes seemed to be fitting in nicely. He wished he could simply take all the energy he needed, but so many energon cubes disappearing without authorization would arouse suspicion and inquiry and Starscream couldn't risk that.

* * *

He had been collecting energon for months now, discreetly, behind everyone's backs, even stealing some from the Autobots and wherever he could find spare energy. He even cut down his own intake and saved some and often went hungry. He tried to make it more bearable pretending he was a super-spy like James Bond in a cloak and dagger operation, but the bottom line was the program needed to be implemented and without enough energon, he couldn't do that.

He was growing both worried and impatient. He hadn't too much time left and even though the disc was well preserved, the program would last two Earth months, max, and even one slight deterioration would void the entire program.

Starscream bashed his desk in frustration. He needed about 26 more energon cubes. They were so close - just in the energon room ten doors down the next corridor ... But he'd had taken his ration, plus one today. He was already taking a risk, taking more than his usual four per day, but taking an extra one or two a day didn't seem to be fast enough ... and then there was always the very real and dangerous possibility of being discovered. Of course Megatron would think he was taking the cubes to use against him. Oiy vay ... why did it have to be so hard? If he had been an Autobot, Optimus Prime would have simply given him all the energon he needed to implement the program on the first day ... but he wasn't and that was that.

The Decepticon had conducted a raid of Autobot headquarters, stealing as much energon as they could, but of course, he'd had to give most of those to Megatron, who congratulated him and the others on a job well done, but despite the rare praise, Starscream still needed more energon. He'd stolen some on various missions, kept a cube or three stashed in his cockpit. He was getting there, but slowly, and time was not on his side. It seemed no one was, besides Razormoon, but she could not help him. Seawave had brought him a few cubes now and then, and said she wished she could help him further, but if Megatron found her giving energon to him, he'd wonder what in Silicon Hades was going on and attention was definitely not something Starscream needed right now.

Slowly he was getting the energon he needed and smiled to himself as his stash grew, kind of like the Earthlings saving money, he mused, except they didn't have to worry about Megatron taking it from them, but then Starscream didn't have bills.

After hard saving, Starscream finally had enough energon to implement the program. He felt proud of himself for what he had accomplished and although he'd been sorely tempted, he hadn't drank one single cube he'd saved, but that other Cyber-Chocolate bar was looong gone...

But now to implement the actual program. Another problem. Starscream had to be discreet yet again and at the very least get Megatron and Soundwave out of the base. The expenditure of so much energy would send the sensors screaming, and so he'd devised a plan to send the Decepticons on a wild energon chase, leaving the base virtually empty.

However before he could implement his plan, there was a slight hiccup of the Autobots trying again to gain access to the Decepticon communications frequency. They had planted quite a few magnetic devices on the hull of Decepticon Headquarters in the hopes of gathering information. Skywarp had discovered the Autobots planting them, chased them off with his friend Thundercracker's help and they had reported the occurrence to Megatron.

"Soundwave," Megatron said, in the main control room. "Run a Level Four Security Sweep to make sure there are no more of those accursed devices attached."

Starscream thanked his lucky stars he happened to be walking by at the time.

"Surely that's not necessary," he said, calmer then he felt. "Why waste energy on such an extensive sweep, when a Level Three will suffice?"

"Starscream is correct," Soundwave said, as much as he disliked him, the Jet had a point.

"Level Three will be sufficient?" Megatron asked.

"Affirmative," Soundwave said.

"So be it. Do it."

Starscream sighed inwardly, almost having to grab the wall for support, however he carefully shielded his emotions from Soundwave.

Starscream griped about the Autobots all the way to his quarters.

"They almost ruined everything..." he grumbled quietly to himself, even if his enemies had no idea what he was planning. In fact, he, Razormoon and Seawave were the only ones who did know.

 

* * *

Razormoon continued her letter. She refused to think of it as a love letter, but more a feeling letter, telling him of her woes, and adventures, or lack thereof.

She smiled to herself.

'I wish I could print this out, roll it up, put it in a bottle, throw it out into space and watch it twirl and drift away against the stars. Maybe you'd get it someday.'

However unrealistic, she almost cried at the simplistic romance.

 

'I'm afraid there's not much to tell you, nothing of any interest anyway. Shockwave seems happy that we've improved our base, but he seems to miss Hakuna - not that he lets on of course. Love is illogical, you know ;) Well at least someone likes the guy. Not that I hate him, but I'd rather be with you! God I miss you sooooooo much! My sisters and the Star sisters too ... I wish I had some exciting stories tell you, but Kup I'm not and not that anything interesting happens up here anyway - how could it when you're not here. I miss your voice, your beautiful optics, your face, your body ... I want to make love to you right here and now, God dammit!'

She knew he'd smile at that and more than likely want the same thing.

  • 'I spend my time here either organising my quarters, and the base, helping Shockers on 1001 tasks, monitoring this, that and the next thing, fixing things, looking for the Autobot Femme's Base... Part of me doesn't want to betray fellow Femmes, but as a Decepticon and I must do my duty. Sigh ... Life's a bastard. More than anything, I hope our little secret's okay. I hate being kept in the dark like this. I wish I knew more about what was happening, but it's not your fault.' ... I refuse to end this with a mushy I love you, so Agent Razormoon 99 signing off.'
  • * * *

    Starscream waited two more Earth days before implementing his plan. He used Seawave's idea into tricking Megatron that there was a large deposit of potential energy. He'd used the site of an extinct undersea volcano, and tricked the sensors into thinking it was active and teeming with untapped energy. Naturally Megatron wanted it, and the volcano being so large, it would take a while to gather it all, so he ordered most Decepticons to assist, both to gather the 'energy' and keep a lookout for Autobots due the recent Autobot activity.

    Perrrrrfect... Starscream thought to himself.

    He had volunteered with Scavenger, Long Haul, Skywarp and Thundercracker to guard the base. Starscream placed the disc securely in his cockpit began transferring the last of his energon cubes to the lab, not too far from his quarters, feeling as though nothing could stop him now, but caution was still of the utmost importance. He could not blow this one. He hadn't struggled this hard and come all this way to fail now. Failure was not at option.

    He was quite relieved when his plan appeared to be working. Not long now ... But he hadn't finished yet, and although he was proud of how far he'd come, he wasn't about to let premature gloating ruin it now, and besides, this program was far beyond shallow gloating. It was far more important than that. Nothing could come in the way of what he was about to do. If the Autobots attacked, the others left behind in the base could handle it. It was now or never - literally.

    He'd scanned for Autobot activity and was pleased to report none - and the other Decepticons were quite far away by now, almost at the volcano. Starscream passed Scavenger and Long Haul in the corridor.

    "I hate this ..." Long Haul grumbled. "Left behind ... As if we couldn't be of any help out there."

    "It's always the way, isn't it? ... Ahh ... Hi, Starscream... We were just ..."

    "Grumbling."

    "Well ..." Scavenger began. "Just don't tell Megatron ..."

    "Fine by me. Megatron can go stick it up his jacksy for all I care. You two go and relax."

    "Sure?"

    "Sure. Chill out."

    "Can we go play Prison Cells and Dragon Bots?"

    "Uhh sure. Knock yourselves out."

    "Cool! Thanks!" Scavenger exclaimed, smiling. "Bags being Cybertron Master!"

    "No fair! You got to play him last time. You can be Venger."

    "Hey, you guys," Skywarp said. "Is it just me or does that Venger sound a lot like Optimus Prime?"

    "What ... Hey yeah ... He does," Thundercracker agrees and then he laughed.

    "Hey is Screamers in a good mood or what?" Long Haul said.

    Scavenger giggled. "You're tellin' me. He hasn't been this happy since ... When was the last time he tried to take over Megatron?"

    Starscream couldn't help but smile at their conversation, and hoped they had fun in their Cyber-Fantasy role play, but right now he had more pressing concerns on his mind.

    He had previously set up the equipment in the science lab and was pleased to see it all untouched. He locked the door and had the base's computer dampen his signal so no one would know where he was, and also erected a dampening field around the room so the energy expenditure wouldn't have the sensors screaming. Starscream wheeled several movable storage compartments out of his quarters filled to the brink with energon. Since they were stashed away inside, no one would be any the wiser, however he was careful to be quick and discreet. Wen in the secured lab, he set the energon up by the machine.

    Starscream definitely had a case of what the Earthlings called butterflies in his stomach, but they felt more like bats from hell. What if it didn't work? What if the disc was damaged?... What if he didn't implement the program in the right way? ... He didn't have time to start second guessing himself now as he finished setting up the apparatus and hooking it to the all connected ultra compressed energon cubes. Starscream carefully took the shining silver laser disc out of his semi-transparent yellow cyber-glass cockpit. He was relieved that due to his meticulous care over the past few months, it didn't have a single scratch or dust particle on it as he placed it in the disk drive of the waiting machine. He gently tapped it in and waited a few moments while the machine adjusted and accepted it.

    "Ready to implement program," the computer's female voice announced.

    "Do it," Starscream said, pushing the red "go" button, and praying it went off without a hitch.

    "Compliant."

    A gentle whizzing sound was heard and Starscream could see the stack of energon cubes start to deplete. He hoped to Silicon Heaven it worked - if not he would never get another chance to implement this very important program and he wouldn't know how in the Universe to tell Razormoon - or forgive himself.

    He became tense when he saw the energy running out faster than he had anticipated. He rushed around and located three more condensed energon cubes and added them to the whole, but seeing how fast the energy was depleting, he wasn't sure if it would last. He scrupulously checked the machine's settings, left the lab, locked it securely and went on an energon collect. He found two cubes in the energon storage room, and then a further seven in the emergency hangar. He condensed them, placed them into his cockpit and rushed them back to the lab, being grateful he wasn't seen, unbeknownst to him, a the all seeing eye of the security camera had picked him entering Science Lab 3.

    He added the energon to the pile and it seemed to be all right for now, then checked the machine again, then sat down in and waited patiently for the procedure to finish.

    Suddenly the machine gave a series of violent screeches. Starscream fell out of his chair and was there quicker than the speed of light. He frantically checked the machine, the disc and frantically began compensating the program.

    "Please ..." he whispered, trembling, as his fingers worked faster than they ever had before, his mind racing. He'd no sooner corrected one anomaly, another one arose. The program was beginning to deteriorate. He silently cursed Megatron for forcing him to do this in secret - otherwise this problem would never have arisen, but this program was much more important than laying blame and cursing. Starscream cross-referenced, and amalgamated parts of the program, keeping it together and merging it with a firming code and breathed an audible sigh of relief when it was accepted and the program stabilised, but there was still the problem of the diminishing energy. Thankfully the program's implementation was almost finished. Just a few more minutes to go ...

    Starscream sighed with relief, almost falling on the floor as he kept a close eye on the energy, more disappearing with each second. He'd have to use energy from the base if it ran out, which would cause a blackout to say the least and draw attention to him, plus he didn't know if he could do it without making a break in the program.

    The minutes seemed like hours. Starscream wasn't impatient, as he usually was when he waited for anything - now he was just worried ... scared that it may not work, that all his hard secret work would be for nothing, but more so for the program itself. He knew he couldn't keep this program a secret for much longer, and he'd deal with that when the problem arose, but he would have anything to hide if the program didn't eventuate.

    Starscream sat as close as he possibly could to the computer. He was getting a little tired. He had hardly eaten in three days, saving most of his and more energon rations for this program. He checked the remaining energon and saw there was even less left, but the good news was the program was 98% complete. Starscream watched as the computer's meter rose to 99%, and more of the energy was seemingly sucked into the machine. Starscream noticed he was breathing, not that he needed to - it seemed to be a habit of his when he was nervous. The computer bleeped. Starscream jerked and looked at the screen.

    Program S-R- A 100% complete. Starscream stared at the screen. It seemed to have taken an eternity ... Now to see if it had worked.

    "Please, Primus ... I know I don't often beseech you ... and I know on occasion ... okay on quite a few occasions, I've been a very bad boy ... but please let this have worked."

    Starscream took a deep breath and opened the compartment and pulled out the ledge. After a moment, he smiled with joy and tears began to brim in his optical sensors.

    "It's alive! It's alive! ... Hey, I've always wanted to say that ... Thank you, Primus. I promise I'll be a good boy."

    ~Somehow, I doubt that...~

    Starscream smiled. He could tell Primus was smiling at him.

    * * *

    As Starscream had predicted, in a good mood Megatron was not. He was surprised they'd managed to find at least some energy at one of the volcano, albeit not very much.

    "At least it's something," Megatron grumbled.

    By this time, Starscream had packed up his apparatus from the lab, as though nothing had happened in there.

    He was more than grateful everything seemed to have gone off without a hitch.

    Starscream lay low for the next few days and kept out of Megatron's way. Now that he suspected that Megatron actually suspected anything, but he thought he'd play it safe. Starscream was worried at how long he could keep his little secret from Megatron and the others. Eventually he'd have to come clean, but not today. Not for a while. At least there was no danger now with a Level Four Security Sweep detecting all that energon under his bed. Of course he still had to be careful - his implemented program still needed energy every day.

    * * *

    Megatron came to Soundwave in the secondary control room.

    "I don't need to read you mind to see something's troubling you," the tall, dark blue Decepticon said.

    Megatron managed a smile. "Perceptive as always." He paused before continuing. "... It's been the same for the past few months... Failed missions ... inactive energy sources ... the Autobots intercepting our codes, even though they've been recalibrated now ... Increase in Autobot activity ... It seems..."

    "As though we're trying to climb an oiled pillar?"

    Megatron nodded.

    "I know the feeling." Soundwave knew Megatron would never have admitted that to any other soul - living or dead and deeply respected Megatron's confidence and trust in him.

    "And this place is getting to be such a mess..."

    Megatron indicated the circuit boards, and other machine parts on the floor.

    "I apologise," Soundwave said. "I noticed this mess this morning, but I've not had time to-"

    "It's not your mess, Soundwave."

    "Never the less, clutter does not improve one' state of mind."

    Megatron smiled. "How true."

    Soundwave started to pick up the junk and Megatron helped him. It didn't take them long.

    "Soundwave, I want you to look into the increase in Autobot activity. Just last month three of them made it into our base, and made off with our prisoner, Skyfire and almost stole our Base blue print schematics ... Two more spies escaped unscathed because they weren't discovered until it was too late! This is intolerable!" Megatron rested hand against his cheek and sat down.

    Soundwave nodded. "You've been under a lot of stress lately. I have been testing our scanners and found faults, no doubt due to Autobot interference and normal wear and tear. I'm in the process of repairing them now."

    "Soundwave you always seem to know just the right words to make me smile."

    Soundwave smiled himself and walked with Megatron into the security room and frowned.

    Empty energon cubes, Security logs, both in the form of Laser Disc and video tapes were strewn about the table and on the floor, along with empty cases, a clearing in the middle of the desk, where stuff in the form of print-outs had been pushed to either side.

    "Who was on duty here last?" Megatron demanded. "It's a disgrace. A Cyber-Pigsty!"

    "I reprimanded Skywarp about it last week and he said he'd clean it up, obviously he neglected - or forgot."

    "No wonder our security's shot! How can anyone work in this mess?!"

    "Again, I apologise," Soundwave said. "I would have organised this room, had I the time."

    "You've been under about just as much stress as I have in the past few months," Megatron said.

    "Leave this to me," Soundwave said. "I'll sort out this mess."

    "And I'll remind those on security duty that it's no game."

    Soundwave nodded as Megatron left, knowing Megatron's 'reminder' would be a hell of a lot more than light spanking.

    Soundwave set his mind to organising the room. He didn't mind sorting out the mess as much as the casual lack of interest in the security of Decepticon Headquarters.

    He began by throwing the rubbish in the trash incinerator and dissolving the empty energon cubes.

    Next, he started organising the Security Log tapes and laser discs. He found most of them were out of order and some had Earthen television shows and music recorded over them. Soundwave became angry. It was vital security be at optimum levels, and it was being treated as though it was a trivial bludging game. He wiped all the useless information from the discs, tapes and threw out the ones which were corrupted, thanks to being left on the floor and scratched or damaged in some other way. Some security media contained no useful information. Soundwave wiped those, despite the fact whoever was on duty was supposed to do that every night. He was more annoyed at the apathy and laziness of his fellow Decepticons than their wasting his time.

    However, Soundwave set his mind to organising the Security Monitoring Room. He had other things to do as well and hated leaving things unfinished. There was one more disc to check. Oddly enough, Soundwave noticed that it did not have a back up copy - and the original was also missing. More negligence. He shook his head in disgust, and inserted it into the viewer. At first he could not believe his optics, but when he enhanced the fuzzy image, it clearly showed Starscream conversing with Optimus Prime. Soundwave became furious. This Megatron definitely had to know about. He was about to call his Leader when he discovered that the security system had been deactivated on March 15 at sixteen hundred hours, on the specific day the Decepticons, including himself and Megatron had left the base to check a mysterious new energy source. Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Long Haul and Scavenger were left behind to guard the base, precisely a week ago. Soundwave was instantly suspicious - of Starscream. He rectified the security system, and ran a base check to follow Starscream's activities that night. This was turning into one of those intriguing Earth style mysteries, Soundwave mused. He discovered that a tremendous amount of energy had been used in Science Lab 3. He couldn't ascertain what went on there exactly, but he was sure it wasn't good for Megatron. Nothing Starscream ever did was. Soundwave dug further and found a program had been implemented using one of the machines, but all traces of what it was had been erased. Soundwave was puzzled as to where Starscream obtained so much energy from and checked the base with a silent Level Four Security Sweep and found traces energon residue underneath Starscream's resting ledge. Soundwave frowned. He now had two things to discuss with Megatron.

    * * *

    "You're not going to like this," Soundwave warned as he showed Megatron the evidence.

    Needless to say the Decepticon Leader was absolutely furious. Strike that. Beyond furious. However he forced himself not to explode - at least not yet.

    "Have you any ides what he's up to?"

    Soundwave shook his head. "Negative. Unfortunately there is no sound and I cannot make out his lip movements. And I'm not sure wether his conversing with Optimus is tied to the program he implemented in Science Lab 3. Apparently he has been planning that for some time. Over six months at least - and for the past five days his energon intake has increased."

    Megatron's face twisted into an angry scowl.

    "Soundwave, I think I've finally had it with him."

    Soundwave looked at his leader.

    "Don't give me that 'I've heard that before look...' He's really done it this time."

    Soundwave nodded. "It is time the Jet learned."

    * * *

    Starscream busied himself by tidying his quarters. He didn't know how much longer he'd be able to keep his little program a secret, or how much longer he could keep this low profile.

    Megatron arrived at Starscream's door. Although he wanted to blast it down, he forced himself to remain calm, despite the furious storm raging inside him. He thought he'd give Starscream a chance to explain himself. Not that it would do him any good, Megatron thought, but his grovelling usually proved amusing. Megatron sounded the door chime.

    Starscream gasped and threw a cyber-mesh blanket over his program.

    "Who is it?" he asked pleasantly, masking his annoyance.

    "Your fairy Godmother." Megatron used the emergency security override to open Starscream's door.

    "Megatron..." Starscream toned down his surprise. "Y'know it's polite to actually wait until someone opens the door."

    "Shut up. And when did you become such an expert on polite behaviour?"

    Uh oh. He knows something. Fucking Hades.

    Megatron thrust Starscream a color still printout. The image was fuzzy, but clearly showed Starscream standing opposite Optimus Prime. Starscream almost swallowed.

    "You have three seconds to explain this. Be grateful I've even given you that long."

    "It's not what you think," Starscream said quickly. "I never told him anything."

    Megatron did not look convinced. "And don't bother telling me that someone tampered with this image. Soundwave had it verified. At least some of my Decepticons are loyal to me."

    Starscream almost rolled his eyes. "Your Decepticons? ... We don't belong to you, you know ..." Seeing Megatron getting angrier, Starscream spoke a little quicker. "Well looks like I have no choice but to 'fess up now the catbot's out of the bag ... It all began on dark and stormy night when ..."

    "Starscream..." Megatron was too mad to have any trouble withholding a smile.

    Starscream gave a small smile as he continued. "It was four lonely days after you sent Razormoon to Cybertron ... I was angry ... furious. Okay, so we were wrong, but the thought of her being away for so long ... you can't blame me for being angry ... So in the battle ... I ... I helped Prime ... to get back at you..."

    Starscream knew those very words could mean his doom, but he thought he'd better et th record straight.

    There was a pause. Starscream found the silence more aggravating than being blasted.

    "So you helped the enemy to spite me?"

    Starscream nodded. "Yes, that's essentially it..."

    "You're pathetic."

    Starscream said nothing. Maybe he could sweet talk Megatron out of this ... He was, how did the humans so eloquently put it ... walking on egg shells ... treading on thin ice...

    "I told him nothing," Starscream said, hoping that would make a difference.

    "And I'm supposed to what? Let you off with a rap over the knuckles?!"

    Starscream half smiled and held out his hand. "That would be nice."

    Megatron almost smiled, but he was too angry. He whacked Starscream's arm away.

    "Besides ... it was eight months ago..." Starscream protested, not that he thought it would aid in his crumbling defence.

    "That makes no difference! You committed a traitorous act. Coming from you surprised I'm not, disgusted, I am. I didn't think even you'd stoop so low," and before Starscream had a chance to speak, Megatron went on. "And you tampered with evidence. The other back up security disc and tape have obviously been destroyed."

    "Obviously." There was no point in denying it. "Look, I was angry, okay? Can you blame me?"

    "I'm impressed, Starscream. I really am. Usually you'd be on your knees right now, snivelling like a bratty child."

    Starscream placed his hands on his hips. "No, please, Megatron. Don't shoot," he said, deadpan. "There. That better?"

    Megatron said nothing. Despite being mildly amused and a little impressed, he could feel Starscream was up to something.

    "And there's still the little matter of the little program you tried to implement - and you were seen entering Science Lab 3.

    Starscream almost flinched, but he didn't falter. "I was testing weapons," he lied.

    "I'm sure ... I'm fully aware you're hiding something in that cockpit of yours, so don't bother denying it." Megatron thrust Soundwave's printout in the Jet's face. Starscream's grey face almost went white. He tried to look unfazed, but this evidence had really blown him out of the water. He tried to remain calm, but Megatron had seen through it. He grabbed Starscream's wrist and the cyber-printout fluttered to the floor.

    "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't terminate you right now." Megatron stepped inside Starscream's quarters and the door slid shut behind him.

    "Uhh ... because I'm gorgeous ..."

    Megatron was through with Starscream's games. The Jet tried to hide his nervousness, but not very well.

    The Decepticon Leader thrust him to the floor and aimed his black fusion cannon.

    "This time you really have gone too far, Starscream. Before I kill you, I demand to know A - What you were planning and B - where you've stored his thing you've created."

    Starscream kept silent. He couldn't - he just couldn't tell him. What would Megatron do? He'd find out about his and Razormoon's last night of passion ... Perhaps the lovers would be forbidden to ever see each other again. Would Megatron destroy what he'd created? Starscream would like to think not.

    "Come on, Starscream, I haven't got all morning. Well - what's this thing you're hiding? It's not like it's going to help you now the shit's hit the fan."

    Starscream almost smiled, but shook his head. "I won't tell you ... I can't tell you and it's not like you're going to spare me if I do tell you ... Please understand that."

    "Understand what? Your blatant disloyalty? Mutiny? Treachery? Stop me when I'm getting warm ... Tell me what you were planning and I just might make this a little less painful for you."

    "It's painful enough, believe me ... Listen, Megatron, you can't kill me. I-"

    "Where've I heard that before ... Grovelling - at last. I was wondering when you'd start."

    "I'm not grovelling!" Starscream snapped. "At least not for me ..." He sighed. "I have some ... responsibilities I need to take care of."

    "I'm sure, like finishing your program or whatever it is you're planning and overthrowing me."

    Starscream shook his head. "No ... it's not like that. I can't say I blame you for your wariness. The program is ... ahh, how shall I say ... finished ... It just needs energon ... Uhh ... how the Hades can I tell you this ..."

    "Let me see ... Is it because you have a big gun pointed in your face?"

    Starscream narrowed his eyes a little. "You're afraid, aren't you? Of this ... ahh ... program I've created that you so adamantly believe is to get rid of you."

    "Afraid? Hardly ... But I can't afford to take risks - or let my authority be undermined as you seem to be oh so fond of doing."

    "You can't kill me ..." Starscream said quietly.

    "Ohh yes I can and I will." Megatron aimed his cannon again.

    "Please..." Starscream whispered. "She needs me ..."

    Megatron frowned for a second. "She? ... Oh so this is still about Razormoon. All this for a woman." Megatron laughed.

    "Well ... kind of ..."

    "Really, Starscream this is pathetic. And don't think for one moment I'm letting you off with a blast. This is definitely the last straw!" Megatron looked down at the Jet, and his lips curved up into a nasty smile. "At last ... Goodbye, Starscream ..."

    "No! You can't!" Starscream avoided the first blast.

    Megatron took no notice of the Jet's pleas, rather, he took aim. He failed to notice the silver/grey cyber-mesh blanket on Starscream's resting ledge shuffle.

    "LEAVE MY DADDY ALONE!!!"

    A blur of red, white and light blue leapt from underneath the blanket, onto him, knocking him to the floor. Before he knew what had hit him, the figure began to pummel him with small fists. Megatron tried to grab the figure, but the little minx was too quick.

    Starscream stared in horror. Megatron opened his eyes, long enough to see a furious infant Seeker on top of him, pounding the living daylights out of him. Not that she'd hurt him - though he was a tad embarrassed at being taken by surprise like that - and by someone so small ... He tried to grab her, but she dodged hand and bit him. Megatron shook his hand and grabbed her arm, but she violently wrenched it free, clambered over to Starscream, glared at Megatron and growled fiercely as he stood.

    The Decepticon Leader took a good look at her and could instantly see how protective she was of Starscream. Although part of him was furious 'no one does that to Megatron...', the other part admired her - standing up to someone so much larger and more powerful than she.

    "So this is what you've been hiding..."

    She didn't take her optics off Megatron and hissed like an angry catbot when he came closer.

    Starscream sighed and nodded. "I ... believe you two have just met. Megatron, meet Staria, my daughter. Staria, meet Megatron, my Second in Command."

    "Heh-hem." Megatron gave Starscream a look.

    "... My Leader..." Starscream sighed.

    Staria looked Megatron up and down. She looked a tad nervous and shy.

    "We'll overlook this incident," Megatron said to her. "You clearly have more backbone than your father."

    Starscream scowled as he stood. He picked up his daughter and placed her on his resting ledge.

    "Well now you know my secret," he said. "The so called program I was working on and why I had to keep her a secret."

    Reluctantly, Megatron nodded.

    "You could've asked."

    "Oh sure ... Would you have believed me? Probably not. Megatron can I have X thousand energon cubes to create a child. Yeah right. I couldn't take that chance."

    "I understand," Megatron said, "but don't you ever go behind my back like that again."

    Starscream shook his head innocently - as if that would stop him ... although he sighed inwardly. "Sorry you couldn't blast me. Maybe next time?"

    Megatron could not help but let out a short laugh. "You're too much. Take care of her, or should that be the other way around?"

    Starscream smiled as Megatron left.

    The Decepticon Leader walked into the main control room, still quite surprised to say the least, at what had just transpired. Soundwave took one look at him and knew that Starscream was still functional.

    'What did he do to get out of it this time?' he was tempted to ask, but didn't.

    "Don't ask," Megatron said. He wasn't sure how to explain it either. "I can't believe it ..."

    He shook his head. Starscream a father ...

    "The Security Room is organized and operational, Megatron," Soundwave offered. "Is there something you're not telling me?"

    Megatron looked at his friend. "Starscream ... created a ... child ... She ... she attacked me."

    Soundwave had to smile, through his surprise. "One would not picture Starscream as the fatherly type."

    "You're telling me."

     

    "Why didn't you say anything?" Staria asked.

    "Well ... I didn't want him to take you away ... or hurt you... You see ... well it gets kinda complicated."

    "I've got all day."

    Starscream laughed. "I didn't think he'd harm you, but I wasn't sure."

    "He would've hurt you though, ya big lug!"

    Starscream smiled. "Yeah, thanks, you saved my ass."

    "Don't be embarrassed, Dad. That was a pretty mean lookin' gun he had."

    "Tell me about it. I hate that thing!"

    Staria smiled. Starscream grabbed his daughter and began to tickle her, to which she kicked, fought and squealed with glee.

     

    Megatron examined the machine Starscream used to create Staria and was quite impressed at the Air Commander's persistence against all odds. However, something caught his attention - the date. Staria was created a little over a week ago, but that wans't it. Megatron frowned when he saw the date her program was conceived.

    * * *

    Megatron, had summoned Starscream, Seawave Soundwave to the conference room.

    Seawave had a feeling something was up when Megatron had called her. She had a sixth sense about such things and hoped everything was all right. Starscream had told her about Staria whom she was ecstatic to meet. The Neutral realised Starscream was weary of how other Decepticons, especially Megatron would take to having a child about. Megatron didn't seem to mind, although Seawave knew he was concerned about something, otherwise, why the gathering?

    "There's a small matter of this ..." he said, more to Starscream than anyone else. "When was Staria's program conceived?"

    Starscream gave him the date. "That's one day before you forbade me to see Razormoon. I remember it well, because it's the last time we really saw each other - the night before that fateful mission..." Starscream looked at Megatron sadly.

    Megatron was unmoved. "Really? According to the Machine in Lab Three, and this printout," Megatron flashed a glossy color film page in Starscream's face. "It's one day later - or should I say night?"

    Starscream almost swallowed. "I ... had the program confirmed that day..."

    "The confirmation and conception dates match."

    Starscream swallowed.

    "So, you did defy a direct order after all."

    Starscream became worried. "Megatron, I-"

    "Shut up." Megatron paced around the room, having the desired effect - Starscream growing more and more nervous.

    The Decepticon Leader placed his hands on Seawave's shoulders, almost causing the Neutral Femme to jump. "And," he said. "I'm sure he had help."

    Seawave gave a defeated smile and looked up into the ceiling. "Scotty, now would be a good time."

    Megatron stifled a smile. "I don't know if I can ever trust you again, Seawave," he said, though she could tell he wans't serious.

    "Come on, Megatron. Seriously." She took his hands off her shoulders, and turned to him. "Staria's program couldn't've been conceived at any other time, since Razormoon was to depart to Cybertron the next afternoon," she softened her voice a tad. "I know they both disobeyed a direct order, but under the circumstances, there really was no other way. You can't punish them for this."

    "Granted, Staria's program had to be conceived within the time period when Razormoon was at her peak, but this period lasts a full Earth fortnight. It could have been conceived days prior to Razormoon's departure, since her cycle at that time was half complete."

    "Oh sure," Starscream protested. "Like I had foreknowledge that the Autobot's Sky Spy would see us and that you'd forbid contact. We were planning to create Staria when we had completed the mission, but you kind of made that difficult."

    "It could've been arranged that Staria's program be conceived without physical contact. I would have allowed that and don't give me that you needed one last night alone crap."

    Seawave and Starscream looked at Megatron.

    "I couldn't risk asking you," Starscream said. "You may have said no and that wasn't something we were prepared to accept. And come on..." the Jet complained, "how'd you feel if it was with Star Ruby?"

    "That's none of your-"

    "Likewise!" Starscream snapped, his voice razor sharp.

    Seawave, ever the peacemaker, stepped in between the two. "Boys, boys, let's not have a blastin' match here."

    "Which of course I would be victorious," Megatron retorted.

    "Ssh!" Seawave snapped, holding up her hands.

    Soundwave had remained quiet through the whole ordeal, one might even forget he was there, but he watched Seawave with interest. Not many could calm Megatron the way she had just done, particularly not while he was in a mood, and he respected her for that, but still he thought he'd better help her out.

    "In this instance, I agree with Starscream, he said, reluctantly disagreeing with Megatron. "Although he disobeyed a direct order, Staria would not have been the same had she not been created through physical contact."

    Megatron nodded, defeated. "I know you're torn between us, Seawave," he said, "and I appreciate your help."

    She smiled. "Although you know there was no other way to conceive Staria, you're still mad at Starscream for disobeying you."

    Megatron gave a smile. "You can read my mind, Sea."

    She smiled back at him.

    Megatron glared at Starscream. "All right ... but she's your responsibility. Don't expect anyone to baby sit for you."

    Starscream smiled. "Thank you, Megatron, I love you very much."

    "I'm sure."

    Seawave smiled. "Come on we could all do with some fresh oxygen."

    Megatron shook his head and smiled. "Sea, you're amazing."

    "Well I do try."

    "For once, Megatron, we agree," Starscream said.

    "Don't push your luck, Screamers."

    The Jet tried to hide a smile as he exited the room with Seawave. "Thanks," he whispered. "You really saved my ball bearings."

    The Femme smiled. "That's what I'm here for. C'mon... there's someone I'm dying to meet."

    Starscream smiled. "Step right this way, Miss."

    Seawave smiled back at him as she followed him to his quarters.

    "I'm going to need a larger one," he said.

    "Daddy!" Staria lunged toward her father and leapt onto him.

    Although Starscream would never admit it to another soul, it felt wonderful having someone so happy to see him everyday.

    Staria peered curiously at the visitor.

    "She's Seawave," Starscream said. "A friend of Razormoon and I. She helped us get together. You wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Sea."

    Seawave gave a shy smile. "I couldn't let that happen to a gorgeous little girl like you."

    Staria grinned. "I like you."

    Seawave smiled back and kissed her on the cheek. "I like you too."

    "Daddy said that he and mummy had fun when they had sex too."

    Seawave looked at Starscream.

    "What? So I'm not a goodie two shoes Autobot parent. The girl has to learn sometime."

    Seawave smiled. "No one's questioning your abilities as a parent, Starscream, and no matter what you decide for your daughter, it's perfect for her. Just take good care of her as I know you're going to. Anyone can see how much you love her."

    "Is it that obvious?"

    "Duh."

    Starscream smiled and looked as though he'd been caught stealing energon. Staria laughed.

    Her father smiled. "She's my little Starlet."

    "That's my Dad," Staria said with a smile.

    "Come here, you ..." Starscream grabbed her.

    Staria tried to struggle away from his tickling fingers.

    Seawave smiled. "She's adorable."

    "You ain't kiddin'" Starscream said to her.

    "Shucks," Staria said, blushing a little.

    She threw her arms around the Neutral Femme. Seawave smiled as she held the little Seeker.

    * * *

    Starscream knew having a child meant a great responsibility. He could never jeopardize her safety. His plans to take over the Decepticons would have to wait, at least until Staria was old enough to take care of and defend herself - of course that didn't mean Starscream would be nice to Megatron ... Of course he had to for now - maybe he would get to see Razormoon earlier ... Maybe.

    Starscream knew he had to teach Staria. He wanted her to have a better life than him, and be a better person than he.

    What if I can't do it? What if I fail her?

    He became afraid that he wouldn't be able to teach her the right things. She was already quite intelligent, fresh, vibey, full of life, and Starscream loved her and Razormoon more than anything, but never having the responsibility of fatherhood before, he really hoped to Primus he didn't mess up.

    He took solace in the fact that Razormoon would help him when she returned from Cybertron. When that would be exactly, he didn't know and when he would see her was another story. Megatron had not said that he could see her the moment she returned - but at least Staria wasn't forbidden to see her mother when she came back.

    * * *

    In the man control room, Staria was quite bored listening to Megatron talk to her father about the importance of surveillance, but didn't say anything.

    Something caught the little Seeker's eyes. She quickly grabbed the bright yellow computer note pad from the ledge and shoved it inside her small cockpit. It was quite obvious Megatron saw her do it.

    "Staria!" Starscream hissed. "Put that back! And don't let me catch you stealing again!"

    Staria looked upset. "I'm sorry, Father. It looked nice."

    She gingerly placed it back on the ledge. Megatron could not help but smile as he left. Starscream was developing a sense of responsibility at long last.

    "Quick! Grab it now while no one's looking," Starscream whispered.

    Staria grinned and took the pad.

    Starscream smiled. "That's my girl."

    Then again ... Maybe not... Megatron thought, though he couldn't help smiling again.

    * * *

    Starscream sat on the floor of his quarters playing with his daughter.

    "I can't wait to see my mum," she said.

    "Neither can I," Starscream said longingly. "Hey, I've got some images of her."

    He stood up, picked his daughter, sat down at his computer, put Staria on his lap and called up the images. "There she is."

    "She's got nice eyes ... She's so pretty," Staria said, touching the screen. Is that why you made love to her?"

    Starscream smiled. "No ... She understands me, better than I do myself sometimes .. and she sticks up for me when I get into shit with-"

    "Your second in command?"

    Starscream laughed. "Yeah, that big white guy."

    Staria hugged her father. "Don't worry, I'll take good care of you."

    Starscream smiled. "Thanks."

    * * *

    Starscream found Megatron in the main control room.

    "I need to talk to you."

    The Decepticon Leader turned around. "Yes?"

    "I promise never to ask for anything again."

    "I'll believe that when I hear it. What do you want - and if it's about contacting Razormoon, forget about it. It defeats the entire purpose of your punishment."

    "MY and Razormoon's punishment - not Staria's. She needs to know our child is all right. I know she'll be worried. Just a short message telling her that everything went A-OK with Staria's creation."

    "I forbade contact - physical or audiovisual."

    "All right, then, you or Soundwave compose the message. It's one thing to forbid our contact, but Razor has to know that Staria's well. For all she knows our child may not have survived. This isn't for me."

    "I hadn't considered contacting Razormoon, as I wasn't aware of Staria's presence until she leapt up and attacked me."

    Starscream stifled a smile and waited while Megatron thought.

    "You can't keep her in the dark like this about her child..."

    "Shockwave did inform me that she did seem inattentive at times, that her thoughts seemed preoccupied ... He surmised that she was thinking of you. He's monitoring her performance."

    "Figures and she'd better be thinking of me too," Starscream said with a smile, "you can hardly blame her - I think about her every day - not that you care, but that's not what this is about," Starscream added quickly. "It's for her child rather than herself or me, Megatron. I know she's doing her best up there, under the circumstances."

    "If she neglects her duty, it defeats the purpose for her punishment. She's up there as an exchange and she has a job to do."

    "Come on, you can't seriously tell me that you wouldn't miss Star Ruby if you and her were separated for so long and if there was a child involved, how could you not want to tell her that her baby's all right."

    "Stop dragging me and Ruby into this!" Megatron hissed, partly because he knew Starscream was right, but the other part refused to offer sympathy.

    "I spoke to Seawave about it as well," Starscream said. "She agrees it's important that Razormoon at least know her child's okay - that Staria made it."

    Megatron gave a smile. "Seawave ... Drawing out the big guns now, are we?"

    Starscream smiled. "Desperate times call for desperate measures."

    "Sea's sweet, Starscream, and she's helped all of us ... Ahh... she can be a charm, but this compassion of hers ..."

    "Admit it, you like her badgering you. She knows the buttons, doesn't she?"

    Megatron gave a smile. "Shit yeah."

    Starscream smiled as well. "She's right you know. Razormoon needs to know about her child. A mother needs to know these things. It's not heathy to keep them separated. It's a Universal fact." Starscream kept under his cockpit that he had gotten hold of some Earth books and movies on parenthood, human media, but at least they were helpful. The Jet thought he'd go for asking Megatron permission to inform Razormoon about Staria first, then at a later stage try and convince him that mother and daughter needed to see and contact each other, but first things first.

    "I'm not asking for a intimate liaison, Megatron. Can't we at least let Razormoon know that Staria's alive? I know her and she's worried about our baby. Please, Megatron ..."

    A different type of grovelling, Megatron mused, albeit a little up market for Starscream. "All right," he gave in. "You may send a message to Razormoon, about Staria, nothing more."

    Starscream smiled, relieved. "Thank you ... I won't forget this, Megatron." He started to leave.

    "Where are you going?"

    "To my quarters to send -"

    "Send the message here. Now."

    "Don't you trust me?" Starscream said with a smile.

    Megatron gave him a look to which the Jet smiled. Megatron gestured for Starscream to sit in front of the computer and opened a message screen for him.

    Starscream tried to think of what to write. He desperately wanted to say something to his lady love other than the creation of their darling Staria.

    "Hurry up," Megatron snapped.

    Starscream cracked his knuckles and let his fingers hover over the keypad.

    "You're not composing an epic, Starscream."

    "Give me a few more moments. I wanna word it right and not sound like a total git."

    Soundwave entered the control room, which distracted Megatron briefly and a message instantly popped into Starscream's head. His fingers flew across the keyboard like a gust of Saturn wind.

    'Congratulations it's a girl! Love you, miss you. xx'

    He pressed send before Megatron could stop him.

    The Decepticon Leader glared at him.

    "What? I told her about Staria and what sort of a Hubby would I be if I didn't tell her, the rest, huh?'

    Resigned, Megatron shook his head. "I hate to think what you would've sent her in private."

    Starscream gave a sly smile. "You will never know ... But thank you, Megatron, I really appreciate you letting me tell her, no really."

    Megatron half smiled. "Whatever ... Now on with your duties, whatever they are ..."

    "Yes, sir!" Starscream felt like a million energon cubes.

    The computer beeped as a message was received.

    Megatron answered it. "Yes, Shockwave."

    "Megatron, Razormoon has just received a 660 bit message from Earth. You ordered me to inform you of any transmissions directed to her. I've intercepted and perused it. The message is from Starscream."

    "It's all right, Shockwave. I authorised him to send it. Send it on to Razormoon."

    "As you command."

    "So there," Starscream retorted.

    Shockwave glared at him. "I am merely doing my duty."

    "I bet you miss Hakuna."

    Starscream had hit home, but Shockwave didn't show the emotion he felt.

    "That's enough, Starscream!" Megatron snapped, clamping his hand down on the Jet's shoulder as he cut communication with Cybertron.

    "I'm sorry," Starscream said. "It seems like everyone's a pack of sharkticons waiting to pounce ... but you're supposed to understand their woes ..."

    "You're trying to evoke sympathy. It's not working."

    "Didn't expect it to," he shook free of Megatron's hand, "but don't come raving to me if you're separated from Star Ruby for ages!"

    Starscream stormed off. Megatron was about to follow.

    "He is in one of his moods," Soundwave said. "Best let him cool off."

    "All right ..." Megatron said reluctantly. He'd really had it with Starscream.

    There was a pause before he spoke. "Soundwave, do you think it was wrong of me to separate them for so long?"

    "It is their own fault. Their intimacy set us back months of research and espionage. Do not let him goad you, Megatron. Although it is true you would miss Star Ruby's prolonged absence, should it occur, you must not let him make you feel guilty. In any case I do not think they will let it happen again."

    "Thank you, Soundwave."

    He knew Soundwave was always be there for him.

    * * *

    As he had been commanded, Shockwave sent the message on to Razormoon in her quarters, or rather her temporary quarters.

    Razormoon's audios perked when she heard she had a message. It was a rare event and she became excited.

    "Don't get your hopes up, Girl, it's probably from Shockwave disturbing my free time ..."

    She activated her screen. It was Shockwave. Razormoon tried not to look too disappointed.

    "You have a message from Earth," he said. "Megatron had given me permission to forward it."

    Razormoon could scarcely believe her ears. It couldn't be from Starscream, surely ... But then who would need permission to send her a message? Razormoon was on tenterhooks she saw the short message download and Shockwave's face disappear off the screen. She closed her yes for a moment. Starscream would be the only one who would need permission to send her a message ... Maybe it was from him?! How could Shockwave be so matter-of-fact about such a Universal event?! Razormoon had to psych herself up before she could feast her eyes on the monitor.

    She forced them open and read the message. Her eyes remained wide as planets before she let her emotions free in a cyber-glass shattering excited scream.

    "My God ..." She did nothing to stop the tear rolling down her cheek.

    Months of worrying and wondering vanished as if magic ... As if a great colossal, titanic load had been lifted from her and she felt as if she could fly around the entire Universe in a day. Razormoon covered her mouth.

    Congratulations. It's a girl!

    She gasped with happiness, unable to wait to see her baby. Love you. Miss you.

    Razormoon smiled warmly, knowing Starscream had taken a risk adding those words, and it seemed to bring him closer to her. She hoped he could feel her love all those light years away, and smiled when she thought of his boyish mischievousness. "I love you too," she whispered to the blue computer screen.

    * * *

    Seawave often baby sat for Starscream, although Staria refused to be called a baby ...

    She really liked Seawave and vice versa. The young jet was such a feisty thing! She enjoyed playing with Seawave as much as the Neutral loved playing with her.

    "You're such a cute little Star Fruit!" she said, rubbing the little one's head.

    The two Femmes burst into a fit of giggles.

    * * *

    "She's so much like her mother," Megatron had once said, more to himself than anyone else.

    Starscream agreed - strong willed, wouldn't take no for an answer, curious, quick witted and cunning.

    "Razormoon and I agreed I'd name the child if she turned out to be female and she'd name him if he was male," he told Megatron.

    "What would she have called him?" Megatron asked.

    Starscream smiled. "I knew you'd ask."

    "I'm curious, blast me."

    "Really?"

    Megatron gave a smile.

    So did Starscream. "Stargazer," he replied.

    "Nice, but Staria's very cute."

    "Isn't she just? Don't you get any ideas now."

    Megatron chuckled.

    In the background, Soundwave said nothing, but he did smile. It was nice to see those two engaged in friendly conversation.

    * * *

    Staria stuck close by her father, although the other Seekers had become very fond of her, despite their dislike for her father, although he seemed more pleasant to them now.

    "Her baby F-15 mode's just so cute!" Thundercracker had said with a smile.

    "Yeah," Skywarp agreed.

    Star Ruby, the Star, Razor and Sabre Sisters also took care of her. Ruby just adored her little niece and loved to take her out.

    "Where's my little Star Fish?" she'd say. Of course she'd never let anyone besides her sisters, friends, Starscream and Megatron see her being so affectionate!

    Even Bloodstone reluctantly admired small the Jet's youth and spirit.

    Megatron reluctantly discovered he rather liked the little tyke as well. She even made Soundwave smile. She seemed interested in the communication officer's job and he began to teach her. It was quite a buzz for him as no one usually gave a damn about him or his work, but he never let on how much he liked having Staria around. He noted the small Seeker was quite observant and intelligent as well as mischievous and devious ...

    Starscream couldn't wait for mother and daughter to meet each other.

    * * *

     

    Razormoon, twelve light years away, often thought about her daughter. What she would be like, she could only imagine, as she thought about her loved one as well, but she never let on, as it would arouse suspicious in Shockwave's logical mind that she didn't have her mind on her work at hand.

  • 'I can't wait to see our daughter. Even though your message was short. can tell how cute she is ... I wish I could see her. I love and miss you too, darling! I can't tell you how excited I am about our little girl. It was such a relief and blast to get your message! It really made my millennium, My Love.'
  • "Razormoon?"

    She scowled at her epic message being interrupted and answered her door, dreading Shockwave's cold gaze.

    his yellow eye looked at her coldly. "Daydreaming again? You were supposed to report for duty ten minutes ago. I do not appreciate tardiness."

    "I'm sorry, I was lost in thought."

    "May I ask what about, pretel?"

    She couldn't think of an answer in time to satisfy him.

    "Not about your duties, obviously."

    Get lost! Razormoon's mind hissed, but she knew that any insubordination on her part would be reported to Megatron and that would lessen her chances of seeing Starscream, even after all this time away. "I'm sorry," she said. "I was a little out of it, that's all."

    "Well get back 'into it.' A female Autobot was captured trying to steal energon, which I may add would not've happened if you were keeping an eye on security."

    Razormoon was getting sick of Shockwave's condescending tone. She stood, and tried her best to look imposing. "Look, I've a lot of things to do here, and other things on my mind too that are none of your business. Go tell Megatron if it's not good enough, but I'm doing the best I can. So why don't you just cut me a bit of slack, okay?"

    Shockwave backed off a little, not expecting Razormoon to snap at him like that. He gathered it was something to do with missing Starscream, however he felt there was something more. He decided to leave it for now, but if it got to be more of a problem, he felt he'd have to report it to Megatron. "As I was saying," he said, "a female Autobot was captured. I want you to interrogate her by any means necessary."

    Damn, Razormoon thought. Sometimes life really does suck, however she hid her annoyance. She hated interrogations, period, but this one placed her in a dilemma. She was a Decepticon, but she was also a Femme. "Sure, Shockwave, I'll interrogate her, your female aide, off to interrogate your female prisoner. I trust she has a name?"

    Shockwave eyed her and gave her the Autobot's name.

    "That's better."

    Shockwave was a tad angry, at being spoken to in this manner, but Hakuna too had been cross when he referred to a captive Femme as 'the female prisoner.'

    'If the prisoner wasn't female,' she had snapped, 'you would simply have asked me to interrogate the prisoner, not to interrogate the male prisoner.'

    He had apologised to her, and endeavoured not to do it in future, and mentally reminded himself now again, as Razormoon went to interrogate the prisoner.

    Lunaria was quite young for a Transformer, and Razormoon didn't have anything against her personally, but the youth was an Autobot, albeit a Femme, but Razormoon had a duty to her cause.

    However, Lunaria told her nothing, as Razormoon had expected. She may have been young, but she was far from a wallflower and hardly inexperienced. Her loyalty was admirable. Elita had taught her well.

    Despite herself, Razormoon was quite relieved when Lunaria escaped, although she did track the young Femme, but thanks to the Femme Bots scrambler and Lunaria's quick wit, the location of the Femmes base remained a mystery to their enemies. Shockwave wasn't happy, but Razormoon was happy when he did not lay blame on her.

    Back to work as usual ... Razormoon mused, craving Starscream's embrace. At least she could dream about it.

    'I think I'm going space crazy, Screamers.'

    She continued her letter.

  • 'I guess you'll scream if I tell you once more how bored lubricantless I am ... Well we cleared a lot of old junk in the past month from our HQ, hardly exciting, but having less clutter around's better for the mind and Shockwave seems to be a bit perkier, if that's possible! Well since clearing junk's about the most exciting thing that's happened here, (apart from an escaping Autobot Femme) Hardly a Universal event, junk clearing, but it's kinda therapeutic, getting rid of a lot of old shit. Shockwave's a bit of a hoarder. I hope you're leading a less boredom stricken life and Megatron isn't being too much of a smeg head ...'
  • Razormoon smiled to herself and stopped for a few moments before continuing.

  • 'At the risk of sounding mushy again and using a cliche, not a Breem goes by when I don't think about you - and you better be thinking about me too!'
  • Her door chime sounded. "Razormoon?"

  • 'Oo, damn. Gotta go. Shockers calls ... You can wipe that jealous look off our face, SS, ;) it's nothing like that! He's only got an eye for Hakuna anyway. She must really be something for 'Ol Shockers to warm up to her like that, anyway, gotta go, my Love ...'
  • The chime sounded again. "Razormoon?" Shockwave's volume increased.

    "Coming." She opened the door. "Sorry, I was just finishing up some work." She smiled pleasantly.

    Well at least I got fully twenty minutes to myself that time...

    She helped Shockwave work on communications for a better connection between Cybertron and Earth, through subspace communication. Fair enough, she thought.

    At least it wasn't boring and arguably something that needed to be done.

    As Razormoon was working, she let herself become absorbed in her work. It was better than being bored and lonely.

    She felt she was doing something really useful as she paid close attention to the multicolored wires and circuit boards, and suddenly an idea crept into the dark caverns of her mind and she allowed herself a sly smile and brightened instantly. Shockwave planned to send a test message to Megatron, once the communications had been upgraded. The aim was to have no degradation in either audio or visual and able to sustain the connection.

    I can piggyback my message on Shockwave's and send it directly to Starscream's computer. Yessss! Oh yes, yes, yes, yes yess!!!

    "You're looking very cheery," Shockwave observed.

    "This is going to work perfectly," Razormoon said, Shockwave oblivious to the fact she wasn't talking about the Cybertron-Earth connection, although she knew that would work, and she spent the rest of the Cybertronian day gleefully working on it.

    She managed to persuade Shockwave for a bit of free time, convincing him she needed a break for a short while - of course she needed that time to finish her rather long message.

  • 'Well gotta wrap this up .... Hope it doesn't bore you and my beautiful daughter to death. Oh wait, there was that exciting climax about Shockwave telling me that my mind wasn't on the job. Duh. It's not like I haven't caught him thinking about Hakuna. I'm gonna send this to you no matter what. If the message gets lost or deleted, I've a back up copy I'll guard with my life so you can read it when I get back, but I hope all goes well, but if I'm caught, I'm caught and so be it. I'll take the rap, baby cakes - don't let Meggie blame you. I'm piggy-backing it on Shocker's communique to Megatron ... So endeth this vast novel, probably more about how bored, miserable and lonely I feel without you than anything else.
  • Well gotta finish this thing sometime!

    All my love

    Razor xoox'

     

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    She took a deep breath, saved her message, backed it up four times and got ready to post it through subspace.

    Shockwave and Razormoon worked on the transmission. The Femme slipped her disk into the computer when Shockwave was distracted, momentarily, and activated the small screen, flat on the desk. Shockwave opened the channel and began to broadcast the message. Razormoon had compacted the message and took a deep, silent breath as she pressed send. There was a slight quiet bleep, which almost made her jump and her stomach knotted, but in a second or two, her small screen flashed 'Message sent ...'

    The butterflies in Razormoon's stomach seemed more like bats from Hell, as the agonizing seconds passed ...

    Message received.' The words seemed to come from Primus himself.

    It seemed to go off without a hitch.

    She took her disk out and pretended it was part of her communications monitoring job. She looked to see Starscream in the background on Earth, but could only see Megatron. The Decepticon Leader didn't mention Starscream at all - not like Razormoon expected him to, but she was cross - he probably didn't even tell Starscream that he was contacting Cybertron.

    Well I got my message through, so mmh!

    She continued to monitor the transmission. It seemed to be going well. No degradation, though a little fuzziness, and a little static. On Earth, she saw Megatron enter the security room to speak with Soundwave, who was keeping a sharp optic and audio out for Autobot transmission activity during their subspace communique, should they pick the transmission up and try to intercept it.

    Out of the corner of her eye, she saw someone else enter the control room. Razormoon looked up and her mouth dropped to the floor. It must have been a gift from Primus. She frantically waved her arms about to attract Starscream's attention, who's head was down, as he seemed to be moping. Razormoon desperately wanted to call out to him, but that would get them both in the Cyber-shit. Fortunately, Shockwave's head was way down, trying to clear up the transmission to perfect clarity.

    Razormoon frowned in frustration as she waved her arms about furiously.

    Starscream frowned as he thought he saw strange movement coming from the screen. He was about to dismiss it, but something made him look up. His audio fell open at what he saw. His mouth quivered and he almost gasped.

    Razormoon smiled, relieved that he'd seen her at last. He wanted to reach out and touch her. His heart felt as though it would fly from his body, into the screen, all the way to Cybertron and embrace her.

    She wanted to cry. He was so close, but yet so distant.

    Seeing him in the metal after all this time was a Godsend, a sight for her lonely eyes, as well for his. She knew their contact had to be brief. Boy Scout Shockwave wouldn't hesitate to tell Megatron if he saw Starscream.

    Starscream stared at his betrothed and mouthed a kiss.

    'I love you' she mouthed back. She could see the love in his optical sensors. It seemed as though their love had been fortified once again, though not that even Unicron could break it. He looked into her lilac eyes, distant though she was, he could see the love radiating from them, as she risked getting caught conveying her love for him. Anyone could walk into the control room... God, he loved her.

    "There, that should do it," Shockwave started to look up,

    Razormoon looked frantically at Starscream who darted to the wall adjacent to the screen and stayed flat-backed against it.

    He heard the Security Room door beep, almost gasped as he ducked into the side room.

    Razormoon sighed inwardly, relieved.

    Strike another one for me and the Screamer! she thought happily, thanking Primus for their silent communique, but it seemed to speak a million words.

    "Perfect, Shockwave, Razormoon," Megatron said. "The transmission is undetectable by the Autobots and as clear as crystal. Good work."

    "Thank you, Megatron. My pleasure."

    "You may cease transmission now, Shockwave."

    "Done."

    He cut communication.

    "Well that went well," Razormoon said, not entirely referring to the transmission.

    "It did, did it not? I appreciate your work."

    "Thank you, Shockwave." It was arguably the nicest thing he had ever said to her and it felt good - and it was the first time she'd seen him smile, or rather, what looked like a smile.

    Razormoon smiled as she thought about actually seeing Starscream! What a buzz that had been, but more so to be conveying their love across the light years. The Seeker returned to her temporary quarters, triumphant.

    * * *

    "I'm surprised you didn't gatecrash my conversation with Shockwave," Megatron said to Starscream.

    The Jet almost smiled. "Well you did neglect to tell me about it for starters, and even if I did know, what's the point? A) You'd only make it more agonizing and B) I'm not going to give you the satisfaction. So there." Starscream laughed inwardly at his Leader having no knowledge that he had actually seen his love!

    Megatron seemed annoyed, but for now he said nothing. "I'm pleased to say the connection to Cybertron's been drastically improved. Razormoon and Shockwave make a good team."

    "Don't remind me. It's almost been a year now," Starscream reminded him.

    "And?"

    "And? Come on - you said a year. An Earth year."

    "I said 'at least a year - perhaps longer.' Or don't you remember?"

    "Yeah ... I remember," Starscream grumbled. He sighed audibly. "It's been so long ..."

    "And it'll be much longer if you don't stop irritating me."

    Starscream scowled and promptly swirled on his heel and left to his quarters. He knew Megatron was smiling and it was maddening for Starscream that he was so easy to bait.

    He entered his quarters and was a tad surprised to see a light flashing on his computer message bank. Intrigued, he sat down and saw it was from Cybertron. He gasped, became instantly ecstatic and opened the message.

  • _______________________________________________________
  • 'Dear Hakuna...'

    "What the hell?" Starscream began to read more of the message.

  • 'I hope this message file finds you in optimum health. I have never composed a letter of this manner before and I am not sure how to begin.'

    However, to put it bluntly, I miss you, your smile, your voice. Suffice it to say, logic, I understand, but love remains a mystery to me, but whatever it is, I thank you for allowing me to experience it in my life.

    Razormoon isn't as efficient as you, my dear. Most of the time she seems preoccupied, I believe with thoughts of Starscream, however I cannot entirely blame her as I often find myself thinking of you.

    I'm hoping the Cybertron/Earth exchange program will terminate shortly, whereupon you'll return.'

  • Starscream smiled to himself at Shockwave's 'love letter,' and continued, knowing full well it was meant for Hakuna's optics only. Starscream suddenly became worried. What if Razormoon had sent him a message? Hakuna would have it. The Jet swallowed. What if she took it to Megatron? Just about the whole Universe knew that he and Razormoon were forbidden to contact each other. What if the message had gone to someone else? Starscream head began to tingle with worry, however his curiosity got the better of him and he read the remainder of Hakuna's private message.

  • 'I'm finding the words difficult, however I wanted to tell you how much I miss your presence, and am eagerly awaiting your return.
  • Love Shockwave.'

  • _______________________________________________________
  • Starscream smiled. "So he really does like her," he said to himself.

    He saved the message to disk and prepared to confront its intended recipient. He swallowed, hoping that the messages had simply got mixed up and that Hakuna would give him the message intended for him. Razormoon must have sent a message, otherwise, why would Hakuna's have come here? he wondered.

    His door chime sounded. Starscream almost gasped.

    "Who is it?" he asked, as though death was knocking on his door.

    "Three guesses."

    Hakuna's voice. Starscream was half relieved and answered.

    "I have something of yours, Starscream and I believe you have something of mine," she said in her quaint South African accent.

    Starscream swallowed as she flashed a disk in his face.

    "Give me Shockwave's message and I'll give you Razormoon's - no questions asked."

    "How do you know it's from Razormoon?" Starscream asked, trying to act elusive.

    Hakuna's face flashed a guilty look. "I was curious, I admit," she said quickly, "and you can't seriously tell me you didn't read Shockie ... Uhh Shockwave's message."

    Starscream smiled. "Guilty as charged." At one point in his life he might have tried to use that to his advantage, but Hakuna was holding up the same trump card.

    "Here," he said, quickly handing the disk to her.

    "Danke." She handed her disk to Starscream.

    "No questions asked," he said, thanking Primus that

    Hakuna Metada was agreeable. "It's about time Cupid shot down Shockers."

    Hakuna gave a smile. "From what I hear he took a while to get you in his crosshairs too."

    Starscream laughed. "I like you."

    Hakuna smiled. "You're not so bad, Screamers."

    "Wanna bet?"

    The Femme smiled again and started to leave.

    "Hakuna?"

    She turned around

    "Thanks."

    "My plesier," she said, using her Afrikaans dialect.

    She eagerly returned to her quarters to read her Love's message, as Starscream closed his door and whooped for joy. He was off the cyber hook now! He had to physically calm himself down ... He didn't want to damage the disk in his excitement. He sat at his computer, took a few deep breaths as he carefully inserted the disk, tears almost brimming in his eyes, his love for Razormoon seeming closer, although it had never faded. She had risked a great deal getting this message to him and Starscream loved her for that. He'd do the same if he could, but there wasn't anything scheduled to be sent to Cybertron and it would look too suspicious.

    "Razor," he whispered, "good God I love you..." And he began to read her message.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Screamers,

  • 'At the risk of sounding mushy I can't begin to describe how much I already miss you, you mischievous thing, you - and I haven't even got to Cybertron yet. Primus knows when you'll be able to read this, but it makes my time away from you more bearable...'
  • He smiled to himself glad she had typed her feelings and sent them to him and he read on, smiling at times wiping a tear away. Staria was swimming with Seawave in the middle of the salt saturated Dead Sea - Thundercracker and Skywarp had persuaded her to take them along too. They couldn't seem to get enough of the little girl! Starscream smiled - her mini F-15 mode was soooo cute!

    Starscream read Razormoon's messages right to the end.

  • '...So endeth this vast novel, probably more about how bored, miserable and lonely I feel without you than anything else.
  • Well gotta finish this thing sometime!

    All my love

    Razor xoox'

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     

    A tear finally did make it all the way down Starscream's face and splash onto his keypad. Razormoon seemed closer than ever, as if she was in the room with him. He cursed the warm feeling inside him - it wans't very Decepticon like, but what the Hades, it was there and the stubborn bastard wasn't gonna go away!

    He couldn't wait to show Staria. She, the two Seekers and Seawave would all be back soon. Starscream was glad the other Jets had taken such a liking to her. He had never liked them much before, but he trusted them with her daughter. She had made Thundercracker more confident and Skywarp more mature - even Dirge had lightened up and both Ramjet and Thrust had stopped being such show offs. It seemed as though the little one had brought them all closer together and needless to say Megatron was impressed that the Seekers worked better in their team unit. It had hardly made him an overnight star soaring to stardom, but it was nice not to be despised by everyone.

    The Star, Razor and Sabre Sisters were also very fond of the little Jet. When they weren't off planet, they tended to spoil her stupid! Especially Star Ruby - they especially loved the tickle wars, of which Staria had triumphantly won the last battle.

    Even Bloodstone had been spotted smiling, Hades forbid, when Staria had slept on her Ancient Cybertronic sabre.

    When Seawave arrived with Staria, Starscream took her in his arms and whirled her around. He grabbed Seawave too and closed his door.

    "I got a message from her!"

    Seawave smiled. "That's wonderful, good 'ol Razor!"

    Starscream called up the message and they read it together. Seawave was one of the few he trusted explicitly. Before he had met Razormoon, and before she had become Neutral, he and Seawave had become intimate - one of the best kept secrets of Transformers lore. Those feelings had passed now, although they remained good friends.

    * * *

    "I need to speak with you."

    "Not now, Starscream, I'm busy."

    Megatron turned back to the computer and continued to observe the outlay of Autobot Headquarters. "There must be a weakness in that shield somewhere ..." he muttered to himself.

    Starscream forcefully turned him around.

    Megatron looked at him angrily. "What-"

    He saw the worried look in Starscream eyes and became a tad concerned. "What is it?"

    "To put it bluntly, Staria needs her mother. That is if you're ever planning to bring her back to Earth."

    "Don't start, Starscream."

    "Start what?"

    Megatron gave him a look.

    "Look..." Starscream said, "even if you just let her see Staria..."

    "The space bridge is damaged and I can't spare any spacecraft."

    Starscream's face showed his annoyance. "Or at least let them talk to each other."

    "Solar storm. Cybertron's unreachable. I've been trying for the past twelve hours. The subspace connection needs some tweaking."

    "Fine ... Well what about after the storm?"

    "This is very intricate work, Starscream. Seeing Staria would distract Razormoon."

    "A mother needs to be with her daughter. It's a Universal fact." He thought he'd use the same tactic again.

    "I cannot let anything interfere with this. Razormoon knows that Staria is functional."

    "I'm not a two thousand year old, Megatron. I know how important this communication connection is, but I still think Razormoon should at least-"

    "My decision is final, Starscream."

    "Those words sound so familiar."

    Megatron half smiled.

    "I still disagree," Starscream retorted.

    "Those words sound so familiar."

    Starscream scowled, knowing it was useless to argue with Megatron. Usually he'd take it up further, but this was a delicate situation.

    "So is Razormoon coming back after the communication system's up and running?"

    "Perhaps."

    "That tells me a lot ... Look just let her see her mother when she comes back, okay? I can wait in my quarters if you still don't want me to see her."

    Megatron gave a resigned sigh. "All right," he said. "When she comes back, but I'm not certain when that's going to be."

    Starscream gave a nod, keeping his anger in check as he returned to his quarters.

    Starscream was play attacked by Staria. His anger and dismay turned to happiness seeing the smiling face of his daughter. At least he wans't forbidden to see her. They play fought for an enjoyable while. Although Starscream let his daughter win some of the fun battles, she wasn't too bad herself! He dearly loved her, and even in he didn't show his affections to others, it was pretty obvious.

    * * *

    Megatron was silently impressed with the way Starscream handled his new responsibility, not to mention how he created her against the odds.

    Staria was so much like her father, it was uncanny and had a flair for the mischievous.

    "Well at least when she does it she's cute," Megatron had said, to which the Jet laughed.

    "You mean you don't think I'm cute? I'm crushed."

    Megatron chuckled, shook his head and smiled.

    * * *

    Much to Starscream's annoyance, Megatron had decided to keep Razormoon on Cybertron for another six months. Starscream had argued that Staria needed to see her mother, but still Megatron forbade contact, not wishing to detract Razormoon from the tasks at hand and he'd ordered Soundwave to keep a close optic on Starscream should he try to reach his beloved.

    "She needs to see her mother, Megatron," Starscream said. And so do I.

    "You're pathetic, Starscream. Using your daughter for your own gain. I know how much you want to see her."

    Starscream exploded. "Me pathetic?! I'm the one who has to comfort her every time she asks 'when's Mummy coming home?'"

    That almost made Megatron wince, but he held his ground.

    "It's unhealthy being kept away from her natural mother for so long."

    Megatron thought of a quick response. "Seawave, and all the Seekers take wonderful care of her."

    "That's great, but it's not the same. She needs her mother."

    Megatron nodded. "I can see your point, however the communications and security systems on Cybertron are crucial - very delicate and precise work and you can't deny that you want Razormoon back."

    "Duh. So get her back and we can kill two 'Bots with one blast."

    Megatron almost smiled at the analogy. "No, Starscream," he said. "You're not going to goad me into changing my mind."

    Starscream wanted to spit a vile Ancient Cybertronian curse, but bit his lip. "She needs to see her mother," he pressed on.

    "I've thought about it, and I've told you. Soundwave and I agree that Staria will be a distraction to her work. I'm sorry."

    "I'll bet."

    Without warning, Megatron backhanded Starscream across his face. Starscream reeled backwards, then punched Megatron.

    "I don't care what you and Soundy say. She needs her mother!"

    "She'll have to wait," Megatron said, grabbing Starscream's hand. "Like you - and this isn't going to bring her back to Earth any sooner."

    Reluctantly, Starscream calmed. "Bastard," he whispered, a little too loudly.

    Megatron slogged him again, this time Starscream ended up on the floor. Megatron grabbed him on the ground and held his throat.

    "I won't tell you again, Starscream ... and if I discover you've communicated with Razormoon in any way, she'll be posted to Cybertron permanently!"

    "You'd do that just to spite me, wouldn't you? This is supposed to be my and Razormoon's punishment, not Staria's!"

    Starscream tried to struggle free, but Megatron held him fast.

    "Really, you boys!" came a voice.

    Both heads turned to see Staria enter the control room.

    "Fightin' over me like that. I'm really flattered y'know."

    Megatron had hardly noticed he'd loosened his grip on Starscream.

    Both Decepticons stood. Staria looked them both up and down.

    "Sorry to disappoint you, Megs, but I'm afraid I'll have to choose my daddy."

    Both Megatron and Starscream looked at each other. Starscream offered an innocent smile and Megatron tried to stifle one and shook his head.

    "He's all yours."

    Starscream smiled and took Staria's hand. Soundwave, seemingly unnoticed in the back of the room silently smiled to himself. She was indeed an impressive little youth.

    "You get yourself in trouble too much," Staria scalded as she lead her father away. "I really want to see Mum, but I guess I'll have to wait until she comes. I don't want you to get hurt - you got that, Mister?"

    "Yes ma'am."

    Megatron watched them from the corridor and couldn't help smiling to himself.

    "Soundwave," he said quietly, "do you think I'd make a good father?"

    "What do you think?"

    "Tell me what you think."

    Soundwave smiled. "A child teaches us things we never knew. Who would ever have pictured Starscream as a competent parent?"

    Megatron nodded.

    "She's brought out the best in him, wouldn't you say?"

    The Decepticon Leader smiled. "I'm seeing things in him I never would have imagined."

    "You just answered your own question."

    * * *

    Starscream had been playing with his daughter when the message board on his computer bleeped.

    "Fuck off!" Starscream snapped. "I'm busy!"

    Staria smiled, however Starscream sighed as he knew he had to answer it.

    "Starscream," Megatron's voice. "I want you and the Jets to accompany Soundwave and I. The Autobots attending a Science fair in Nova Scotia."

    "Now?"

    "Now."

    "Okay," Starscream sighed reluctantly. "I'm on my way." He cut communication and looked at his daughter. "Sorry, Darl, gotta go."

    "Will you be all right?" she asked worriedly.

    He gave her a reassuring smile. "I'll be fine." Of course one never knew in a battle, but he felt he couldn't let his daughter worry. "Can you be good until I'm back?"

    She put her hands on her hips. "Well, I can try."

    He laughed and kissed her forehead. "I'll be back soon. I'll ask Breakdown and Scavenger to look after you."

    "I don't need a baby sitter," she said, "but those two are fun to have around."

    He smiled. "That's my Little Lady."

    Staria smiled. "Take care of yourself out there."

    Starscream smiled. "I always do."

    "Liar."

    Starscream winked at her as he left. "Don't worry, we'll shoot a few Bots, scare a few humans and I'll be back before you can say Bah Wheep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong."

    Staria smiled. "You better!"

    Starscream couldn't help but smile again at his daughter. He wished he didn't have to leave her, but he knew he had to go with Megatron. Usually battle didn't scare him - except when he had been shot and wounded, but it did scare him now. Who would look after in the coming months of Razormoon's absence Staria if he couldn't?

    Needless to say Starscream was grumpy, however he kept it to himself. He had both the responsibilities as a Decepticon and a father and he knew that his and Staria's future wouldn't be bright if he neglected his duties.

    * * *

    It was hard to say who won the battle. Nobody, really. The science fair lay in ruin as the humans had scattered and bolted for cover with injured and five fatalities. Naturally Optimus Prime had been felt both responsible for the humans and furious toward the Decepticons. Starscream had been shot and lay wounded amongst the rubble of broken equipment and ripped striped exhibition tents. In any normal situation, Megatron wouldn't've given a damn, but he felt a tad responsible.

    "Bring him," he said to Soundwave, who gave a single nod of acknowledgement and obeyed without question.

    Optimus Prime had seemed more concerned with getting the humans to safety, whilst also attending his wounded friends.

    He saw Soundwave knelt down and picked up a delirious Starscream and needless to say was surprised - he'd never seen them help Starscream before, however, he was more concerned with fishing Ironhide out of the rubble.

    Meanwhile, Breakdown and Scavenger were looking after Staria, however, they couldn't seem to take her mind of her father.

    "He's ben gone too long," she said worriedly.

    "He'll be back soon," Breakdown assured, although he wasn't sure. He took Staria's hand. "I'm sure he'll be fine."

    Although the Stunticon's deep, gentle voice sounded reassuring, Staria was still worried.

    Breakdown smiled reassuringly as he poured Staria some energon milk.

    She smiled as she took the glass and drunk it. Breakdown drank some himself.

    "You like eno milk too?" Staria asked.

    "Yeah, but ssh, don't tell anyone. Scavie is the only one who knows."

    Scavenger smiled. "I won't tell if you don't," he said, drinking some himself. "This stuff's delicious!"

    Staria laughed. "I really love you two..."

    Her guardians smiled.

    "Don't worry about you father, Scavenger said, gently as he sat his glass down. "He's probably all right and bragging about his victory."

    Staria giggled, but still she felt unsure.

    "He'll be all right, Little One," Breakdown said gently.

    Staria tried to scowl at being called 'Little One,' but coming from these two she just couldn't and just smiled. She liked them a lot, despite the fact that she felt she didn't need baby sitters.

    "I'm going to my quarters," she said. "I just need some rest."

    "All right," Breakdown said.

    "Call us if you need anything," Scavenger added.

    Staria managed a smile, feeling guilty for lying to them.

    She snuck into the main control room. The computer told her where the battle had been fought. She downloaded a map into her databanks, re-energized and left. She tried her communicator, but all she got was static and became more worried. She left the headquarters in search of her father.

    An hour later, she few over the battle site and gasped at the smoky ruins. Was her father lying here?

    "Daddy ..." Her frail voice was drowned by a harsh gust of wind.

    She could see no sign of her Father, and tried to scan for him, but her signal was two weak. The small Seeker gasped when she saw two Autobots.

    "Where's Bumblebee?" Optimus Prime asked worriedly.

    "Ah don't know ... Ah feel awful, Prahme. Ah thought he was with us."

    "As did I."

    Optimus and Ironhide began to search for their little yellow friend.

    "Ahm gettin' a faint readin' from there," Ironhide said.

    Optimus ran to where he pointed. He grabbed a huge piece of sheet metal and hurled it away. Underneath bricks, twisted metal and more debris, Bumblebee lay, bleeding a little. Optimus fished him out gently and took a reading. "He's still alive," he said, relieved. "Just unconscious."

    Ironhide's worried features relaxed.

    "Starscream!!!" he suddenly yelled and began shooting into the sky.

    Staria shrieked and tried to dodge the Autobot's blasts, but one clipped her wing. She frantically tried to steer, but couldn't and crashed, fortunately in some soft dirt.

    Staria slowly transformed and winced when she tried to move her sore winged arm.

    "Hold it right there, Starscre-" Ironhide stopped and stared.

    Staria didn't know what to think - would they hurt her?

    Optimus ran to Ironhide, looked at him, and then at the Decepticon he'd shot down and was surprised to say the least.

    Staria looked up at the two Autobots, nervous, but she didn't say anything. Her father had told her that the Autobots were the Decepticons enemies, but he also said they were compassionate - maybe they wouldn't hurt her, but still she felt nervous. Optimus gave Bumblebee's unconscious form to Ironhide and walked closer.

    Staria backed off a little and hissed like a frightened cat bot.

    "It's all right," Optimus said gently, holding his hands out. "I'm not going to harm you."

    Staria calmed a little. "Okay," however, she felt uneasy when he picked her up. "Have you seen my Daddy?" she asked. She felt uncomfortable asking him, but she had to know.

    The innocent question threw Optimus for a second and he was about to ask who her father was, but her colors and form gave it away.

    "Starscream," he said.

    She nodded. Optimus looked into the child's large, frightened eyes. He had seen Starscream get blasted. Half of him regretted it, even though he hadn't even seen who had shot the Decepticon Seeker, the other half believing it was necessary to protect the humans. "He got hurt," Optimus said slowly. "However Soundwave took him back to your base. I'm sure he'll be all right. He wasn't badly damaged."

    The small Jet looked relieved.

    Decepticon or not, Optimus mused, she cares for her Father.

    "What's your name?"

    "Staria."

    "That's pretty. I'm Optimus. Optimus Prime."

    "I know," Staria managed a small smile. "Starscream calls you Oppy."

    Optimus chuckled. "So does Elita One." Seeing Staria's curiosity, he added, "she's a very close friend."

    "You mean Lady Love?"

    "Uhh, yes ..."

    Staria nodded. "Is she pretty?"

    Optimus smiled. "Yes, but she's also strong willed and an excellent leader."

    "Sounds like my mum, Razormoon. Daddy swears he loves her for that and not just sex."

    Optimus stared at Staria. "What do Decepticon teach their kids?!"

    Staria shrugged. "He figured I'd have to learn sooner or later."

    Optimus shook his head. "Well at least he loves you I guess."

    Staria gave a smile. Even though Optimus Prime was the Decepticons' enemy, he didn't seem all that bad. She felt safe in his arms, despite her sore wing.

    "Well take you back to base and repair you," he said. "I'm sorry about that."

    "S'okay," Staria said. "Guess my Dad's a bit of a handful for you guys, ah?"

    Optimus chuckled, Ironhide smiled.

    "You could say that," Prime said.

    The two Autobots at Autobot Headquarters with Staria and Bumblebee.

    Ratchet gave repaired some circuits in Bumblebee's head and body, and repaired his laceration with some acetonium liquid and promised the headache, would subside in a few hours.

    The Doc didn't mind repairing Staria, despite her allegiance.

    "She's so cute," he said when he had her sedated for the short operation.

    "Isn't she just," Optimus agreed. "A shame she had to be brought into a war."

    Ratchet nodded. "Sometimes it can't be helped."

    Optimus nodded sadly.

    "She'll be fine," Ratchet said. "A little shaken, but being shot out of the sky does that to one."

    "Ironhide thought she was Starscream from a distance."

    "It's hard to imagine him as a father, isn't it?"

    "You're telling me ... but I can see how much she cares for him."

    Optimus took Staria into the main control room. "It's time to call your Father," he said, "then you can go home. Just remember, be careful."

    "I will ... thanks. Poor Dad, he's probably worried sick."

    Optimus nodded, then took in a breath as he contacted Decepticon Headquarters.

    "What do you want, Prime?" Megatron snapped.

    The Autobot Leader hadn't exactly expected a polite answer.

    "I'd like to speak with Starscream, please," he said.

    "For what purpose?" Megatron demanded.

    Optimus held up Staria.

    "Oh," Megatron said, with a slight jerk.

    "That explains Starscream's errant behaviour..." he muttered to himself. "I'll send for him."

    "Thank you."

    Moments later, Starscream reluctantly entered the control room.

    "What is it?" he scowled.

    "Optimus Prime found Staria," Megatron said.

    Starscream became worried, then angry. "If he's hurt her, I'll rip his exhaust pipes off and shove them up his-"

    "He's on the other screen."

    "Oh ..." Starscream turned around to see an amused looking Optimus Prime, holding Staria.

    "Uhh ... Sorry ... I-"

    "It's all right," Optimus said, seeing in a moment how this ruthless Decepticon Air Commander seemed to melt at the sight of his child.

    "He hasn't hurt me, Silly," Staria said to her Father. "He fixed my wing. Look." She flapped it.

    "Ironhide accidentally blasted at her, thinking she was you. I apologize for that."

    "What were you doing outside, Young Lady?" Starscream tried to sound stern. "Breakdown and Scavenger were supposed to look after you. They didn't do a very good job."

    "You leave them out of this," Staria demanded. "I gave them the slip."

    Optimus had to smile. She was definitely a mischievous, feisty little thing. "She said she came looking for you," he said.

    Starscream looked at his daughter and sighed.

    "I was worried," Staria said sadly. "You were gone so long..."

    "I'm sorry about that," Starscream said. "I got hurt, but I'm okay now."

    Staria smiled.

    "I've given her enough energon and a flight plan to your headquarters," Optimus said. At one stage he would've found it impossible to fathom Starscream being capable of compassion, but looking at him now, he could tell how much the Jet cared for his daughter. "She's so much like you," he said.

    "But cuter, right?" Starscream put his hands on his hips.

    Optimus chucked. "Take care of her, Starscream."

    "I will ... and thanks."

    Optimus nodded understandingly and was about to cut communication.

    "Don't worry, Oppy," Staria said, "my Dad won't rip off your exhaust pipes." She began to play with one.

    "Stop it..." Prime said, his voice broken with a chuckle. "That tickles!"

    Starscream snickered as the screen went blank. He'd seemed to have forgotten Megatron standing by the other console. Megatron shook his dead with a reluctant smile. "She's unique."

    "With a capital U."

    Starscream smiled as he activated the remote scanners.

    He went to meet his daughter half way, the large and small F-15 Jets flew side by side.

    "Don't you ever do that again!" he scalded, though not too harshly.

    "But Daddy, I was worried about you..."

    Staria did a loop de loop, then transformed and sat in mid air. Starscream smiled. She was so cute when she did that! He transformed and sighed.

    "Thanks, but I got worried when Megatron told me that you'd gone and that Optimus Prime had you."

    "He's not such a bad guy."

    "Ssh! Don't ley anyone else hear you say that ... Mind you he'd probably never hurt a kid, but still."

    Staria hugged her father in mid air.

    "Not here, someone might see!"

    "Who? The dolphins? We're in the middle of the Atlantic."

    "I activated the long range scanner."

    "So who cares?" She hugged her father again.

    "Race you?"

    "I'll beat ya."

    "No you won't. I get a handicap!"

    Starscream smiled. "All right, just see if you can beat me, babe."

    Staria smiled as Father and Daughter transformed.

    "Ready, set go!"

    Staria took off, her little afterburners roaring - and she beat Starscream - just!

    "I won!"

    "No fair! You had a humungous handicap!"

    "So?"

    "Come here..."

    Staria giggled and tried to run away down the corridor. Starscream grabbed her and took her mock struggling to his quarters, getting amused glances from his fellow Decepticons. At first he was embarrassed, but then he figured - what the Hades?

    * * *

    The Star, Razor and Sabre Sisters had taken Staria out flying. She loved those night flights! Starscream sat alone in his quarters, thinking about his daughter and Razormoon. He missed his betrothed so much, despite having Staria near. He often wondered if he would ever get to see his love again. It seemed a million years since he received her 'message in a bottle' from the stars.

    What if Megatron made the transfer permanent? How could he convince Megatron that Staria needed her mother?

    He lay on his resting ledge, missing Razormoon terribly. Sometimes the pain of her absence grew too much to bear. He'd scream alone in his quarters and wipe bitter salty tears away from his face, and claw his cyber-mesh blanket, other times he'd miss her quietly. Even though he had Staria now and she made it more bearable, nothing could replace his love.

     

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     

    WHEN YOU WISH UPON A STAR

    Chapter V

     

    SHOOTING STARS

     

    Starscream helped Soundwave tinker with the computer in the main control room, adding more memory and deleting old files. It was something that had being pressing to do for quite a while, but no one seemed to have had the time to do it. Usually he'd consider such a job boring as hell, but he found it somewhat therapeutic. Razormoon was right - clearing out stuff was good for the mind.

    Staria was with Seawave on a dive, exploring the wreck of the Empress of Ireland, sunk on May 29, 1914, in the Saint Lawrence river, East of Quebec city.

    Both Femmes loved to explore Earthen shipwrecks, their eerie mysteries and secrets, locked at the bottom of the sea.

    Starscream felt fortunate that he had so many Transformers he could count on to help him look after Staria, though he was careful not to let his relationship with his daughter interfere with his duties. He didn't want to be banned from seeing her too.

    "Try it now," Soundwave said.

    Starscream fired up the system. "No error message," he said. "Soundie, I think we did it."

    Soundwave gave a smile. At first he'd dreaded working with Starscream in this manner, but the Jet proved to be helpful and hardly complained at all.

    Megatron entered the control room.

    "How's it going?"

    "Completed," Soundwave said.

    "Excellent, both of you."

    Starscream had to smile. Excellent wasn't a word Megatron used often around him.

    "Starscream," Megatron said. "I have been thinking about Razormoon's post on Cybertron. Communications are clear and security is sound, and so I have decided that she'll return to Earth within the month."

    Starscream became ecstatic. "Thank you, Megatron, I ... But that doesn't mean I get to see her right away, right?"

    "That depends on you."

    * * *

    Hakuna Metada arrived back on Cybertron via the space bridge.

    "Primus, I've missed this place ..." she said with a smile, looking around, "but there's someone I've missed even more..."

    She threw her arms around Shockwave and kissed his yellow optic. He seemed embarrassed, as Razormoon was standing right there, but Hakuna smiled. "Have fun with Starscream."

    Razormoon smiled back at her. "I intend to and don't worry, Shockers, I won't tell anyone."

    He seemed to smile. As Razormoon to pack up, she caught a glimpse of Shockwave embracing Hakuna gently and smiled warmly.

    "At least someone cares about him, I guess," she said to herself, longing the day when she would feel Starscream's warm embrace again.

    Razormoon packed her things from her, rather Hakuna's quarters.

    The resident Femme came to her. "Need any help?"

    "No thanks, Aku, didn't bring much, just some images and my Computer Note Pad."

    "You know, at first I was angry with you," Hakuna said, entering. "It seemed as though your botched mission with Starscream lead to this whole thing ... me being away from Shockwave for so long, but then I realised that Megatron would've one ahead with the exchange anyway - he just chose you to punish both you and Starscream."

    "Tell me about it," Razormoon said. "It's been torture."

    "Tell me about it."

    Razormoon smiled. "I've heard Shockwave muttering about how much he missed you."

    "You did?" Hakuna said with a smile. "He's such a sweetie underneath all that formality."

    "I wouldn't know. I never got that far."

    "I should hope not!"

    The two Femmes laughed.

    "Talking to Starscream made it easier for me," Hakuna said. "He's not such a bad guy wen you get to know him either. Relax, I never touched him!"

    Razormoon giggled. "Shockwave and I never even got past the talking phase. He's so ... so stoic! No offence."

    "None taken. I guess I just got through to him. Poor guy's so lonely."

    Razormoon nodded. "He misses you too."

    Hakuna nodded as well. "Razormoon, there's something I must tell you. Shockwave piggybacked a message on the first subspace transmission - the message went to Starscream and your message came to me. I must confess in shame that-"

    "You read it ..."

    Hakuna nodded, half fearing a backlash.

    "But I bet Screamers read Shockwave's."

    The other Femme smiled. "Of course he did ... So we exchanged."

    Razormoon smiled and chuckled. "I know what you mean though - Starry's so sweet when he wants to be ... You're lucky though... you can see Shockers straight away. Primus only knows when I'll see Screamie again ... I know it was our fault, but twenty two Earth Months is diabolical!"

    Hakuna nodded. "I know - and I wasn't being punished! Well at least it's over now. You'll get to see him soon enough."

    "I hope so. I also can't wait to see my little girl ..."

    Hakuna smiled. "She's adorable."

    "Ssh! I want a surprise."

    "Get going, or you'll never see either of them!"

    Razormoon smiled. "Going, going, gone!"

    The Moon Seeker smiled to herself as she left - a happy ending for Shockwave and Hakuna - and as she imagined, he left his all important Autobot surveillance for later ...

    Aboard the shuttle craft, the vast starfield seemed to welcome her this time, even though she still had no idea when she'd be able to see her Love. Megatron had made no promises that they'd be able to see each other the second she got back. Would she have to wait an eternity again? She knew Megatron and Soundwave would be watching them like cyber-hawks to make sure no contact was made - physical or otherwise.

    Razormoon looked out into the starfield once more and smiled as the stars seemed to be twinkling just for her. She sat in the pilot's seat, even though the shuttle had been set on Autopilot and a course plotted to Earth.

    She may not be able to see Starscream right away, but sure as Hades, it brought them closer. Twelve light years closer.

    Razormoon's thoughts drifted to her child. She'd been ecstatic when she'd received Starscream's short message. One of the few perks she'd had whilst being here, that and finally sending her message to him and the brief soundless message they'd conveyed when they'd seen each other by accident.

    She lay back in her seat and made herself comfortable.

    "I'm coming home, My Love ... And my Little Staria."

    And she closed her eyes and got some much needed rest.

    * * *

    Despite the fact that he wouldn't be able to see Razormoon straight away, Starscream could not help feeling ecstatic that she was coming home. Neither could Staria. Starscream felt happy that Megatron had at least allowed Staria the pleasure of seeing her mother the day she arrived. He would have to wait.

    "I can't wait to see my mother," she said with a smile, looking at a chrome full body portrait of her.

    "Neither can I!"

    And they both laughed together as he picked her up and danced around his quarters.

    Starscream kept a log on the days it would take her to come to Earth. He knew it would be no use sucking up to Megatron, but he was on his best behaviour, none the less.

    He wanted to give his love an exotic, wild star-studded welcome back party, but Megatron hadn't given an single inkling of a noise of when he would be allowed to see her and so Starscream would have to celebrate in private.

    * * *

    Razormoon smiled as she saw Earth appear on the viewscreen, that beautiful ball of blue, white and green against the darkened starfield. She took in a breath as it seemed to become larger as she neared. Embarrassed, she wiped a tear from her cheek. Even though in distance she was closer to Starscream than she had been for an eternity, she still felt so very far away, not knowing when she's get to her betrothed again. What if it was another year? Megatron had been brutal about the whole ordeal, but there was nothing either she or Starscream could do.

    The ship seemed to plunge to the planet below as the autopilot steered through Earth's atmosphere, and into the ocean, where the docking clamps grabbed the shuttle craft. Razormoon felt a slight shudder as the ship was pulled to the Headquarters and docked.

    She sat for a few moments, feeling out of place, even though she had come home. Home ... Well Cybertron was her home, but it didn't feel that way without Starscream, her Sisters or her friends. She had missed them all. At least she could see her fellow Razor, Star and Sabre Sisters again, however right at this moment they were off planet on a geological survey of Pluto, ascertaining wether an energon source was hidden deep within the icy rock.

    Razormoon sighed. No one to greet her. That was Decepticons, she supposed, not as chummy as the Autobots, but that wasn't her people's way, but it still would be nice to come home to someone who cared. She silently waited as the docking was complete, stood up and walked around the shuttle craft, stretching her legs.

    * * *

    Starscream brought Staria to Megatron.

    "You said she could see Razormoon, the moment she arrived," he reminded.

    "Yes."

    "I've monitored Razormoon's shuttle. It's just landed."

    "I'm aware of that."

    "I'm just reminding you."

    "I don't need to be reminded. Staria knows the way to the Shuttle bay."

    "Thank you," Starscream said, of course he hoped Megatron had changed his mind about not letting him see Razormoon, but it didn't look like it.

    "Don't worry, Dad, I'll tell you how beautiful and sexy she is."

    Starscream chuckled. Megatron stifled a smile.

    "You do that ..." Starscream said to his daughter. "I can't wait for you two to meet each other. Go on, I bet she can't wait to see you either."

    Staria gave her father an apologetic look. She so wanted him to see Razormoon again and felt somewhat guilty. Starscream sensed this and smiled reassuringly.

    Starscream and Staria began to walk separate ways.

    "Where are you going, Starscream?" Megatron demanded.

    "To my quarters, why?"

    "The shuttle bay is," he pointed, "that way. Razormoon needs an escort. See to it."

    Starscream could scarcely believe his audio sensors. "Ohh, thank you, Megatron ... I could cuddle you and kiss you."

    "Do that and you'll never see her again."

    Starscream smiled and chuckled. Staria looked ecstatic.

    "Meggie's not such a bad guy," she said when they left together.

    "Oh, I don't know about that..."

    Megatron smiled to himself as he heard them race off.

    Starscream had to take a few deep breaths before entering the shuttle bay. It felt as if his whole life was in his hands and he felt as though he was going to trip over his own feet.

    He looked at the shuttle, the thing that had taken Razormoon away ... but it was hardly the shuttle's fault and ... it had brought her back to him ... now was hardly the time for angry thoughts. Starscream felt as though he could star jump for joy.

    He gripped Staria as the shuttle hatch started to door open.

    "Get behind that canister," he said. "We'll surprise her."

    Staria smiled and scurried behind the large cylindrical object.

    Razormoon walked down the ramp and gazed out onto the shuttle bay, that cold area which had seemed to unwelcoming when she left.

    "Hey, good lookin,' that a blaster in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me..."

    Razormoon gasped and could scarcely believe her optics as Starscream stood there, barely ten meters away.

    She gasped with joy, left the ramp, twirled on the pole. The two walked toward each other quickly, then faster and embraced, seeming as though their whole world mattered once more.

    "Primus I've missed you so much ..." Razormoon gasped.

    "You better have!"

    She laughed. "You better have missed me to. Mr. Scream."

    He smiled. "What do you think?"

    The two lovers mouths met.

    Megatron watched through the computer.

    "You should not be watching that," Soundwave said, despite his friendship with the Decepticon Leader.

    "I know ... but I could hardly resist."

    Soundwave half smiled. "Let's hope Starscream and Razormoon have learned their lesson."

    "I'm pretty sure they have,"

    Megatron turned off the computer and left the two love Seekers in private.

    Starscream embraced his love and held her closer than he ever felt he had. Razormoon felt safe and wanted ... needed in his embrace and almost two agonizing years of loneliness seemed to melt in his arms. Starscream touched her face and gazed into her violet eyes.

    "Good God, I missed that ... primus wept, I miss the whole God damn lot of you!"

    "Ditto, My Love."

    He felt at peace with her, as though his turmoil had ceased, and even though he had had Staria to console him, it wasn't the same as having the one who cherished him right here in his embrace, though he loved Staria dearly.

    "There's something I want you to see," he said. "...That's your cue, girl."

    Staria peeked from her hiding spot, a little shy and emerged out slowly.

    Razormoon's mouth opened. "Oh my God, she's so cute!"

    She looked at her and Starscream's beautiful prodigy and felt proud and more mature. Motherhood was going to be something new to her. She knelt down and her daughter ran to her, like a mini version of Starscream. The bond was instant. Staria threw her arms around her mother.

    "I've missed you too, mummy, though I've never met you before, Daddy's told me all about you."

    "All good, I hope."

    "Of course." Staria winked.

    Razormoon laughed. "That's my Starscream. So you've been taking care of him?"

    "You betcha, though he does have a tendency to get into trouble with the Boss."

    "You're telling me!"

    They all laughed. Starscream took Razormoon's hand as the trio returned to his quarters.

    "I slept in your quarters a few times," Starscream admitted. "But it was so empty and lonely without you."

    "Aww..." Razormoon sighed. "Your father is such a sweeite."

    She picked up her smiling daughter and kissed her on the nose. Staria hugged her mother, ecstatic to finally see her after all this time.

    Razormoon looked into her daughter's eyes and could see both Starscream and herself in there. "She's adorable."

    "Isn't she just?" Starscream agreed.

    Staria smiled, grateful to have tow such loving parents.

    At first the thought of motherhood had frightened Razormoon. She didn't know if she'd be responsible enough, but when she discovered that she had the potential to bear a child, she felt a strong desire to be a parent and to share that with Starscream, who had felt the same way, but he too had looked forward to the responsibility.

    Looking into her daughter's eyes, Razormoon wouldn't let anything in the Universe tear her away. Starscream had proven he was more than capable of fatherhood. Razormoon hugged her daughter gently, thanking Primus for this wonderful gift, as they entered her Love's quarters together and sat down, sharing their thoughts in the past long months and having fun playing with each other. Starscream and Razormoon wanted to share their intimacy, but right now, they wanted and needed to spend quality time with each other, their first time together as a family.

    * * *

    In the years to come, Starscream and Razormoon were very careful not to ever make the same mistake again and needless to say were never separated for such a long time again.

    Staria grew up into a mature, responsible Femme. Of course she never lost her playful mischievous streak and still loved to play with her parents!

    Megatron was impressed with how the little Seeker had grown, both physically and mentally, and also impressed with Starscream's newfound responsibility, and Razormoon too seemed to have settled down more now that she had the responsibility of a child.

    It seemed as though Staria had brought other Decepticons closer together. She had a knack for that sort of thing and Megatron could only wonder what she would do when she became older and even more mature.

    Starscream and Razormoon were terribly proud of their prodigy and Starscream had been painfully scrutinous of any males around her, due to his daughter's very shapely chassis. Even Megatron steered clear, but Starscream knew that if she met a male whose feelings were true, he'd have to learn to accept Staria's decision and let her grow up.

    She had offers from males, Seekers and otherwise, whom she had turned down, albeit politely or violently, should be the case, as none of them seemed right for her, and she was content to wait for the right moment, when she would be ready, for she wanted a relationship as special as her parents'.

     

    *

     

    Staria by Razormoon

     

     

    Kiddie Staria - isn't she just gorgeous!!??

     

     

    Adult Staria .... Rrrrrooooow! ;)

     

    Back to Decepticon Page

     

    Back to Transformers Page