Disclaimers: Transformers are owned by Hasbro.

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic/fanart.

Summary: Chromia is trapped with Shockwave on Cybertron. -  Featured in Overlord II, issue 11, 1993Please note "Tanya Dean" was Seawave's old human name ;)

Rating - PG

~~~~~~~~~

TRAPPED

 

Chromia managed to sneak into Shockwave's headquarters on Cybertron and quietly entered the energon storage room.

"There ain't much here, but it'll have to do."

She began to take the cubes.

Shockwave's computer in his main quarters, sounded a security alarm. "Intruders? ...."

He ran to his computer and flicked a switch.

"A female Autobot .... She will not escape."

He immediately ran to the energon room and opened the door. He aimed his ray gun at the Autobot. "Greetings, female Autobot...." And then he fired.

Chromia leapt out of the way. Shockwave shot at her again. Chromia quickly darted out of the way and blasted at Shockwave. Shockwave turned sideways and the blast missed. Shockwave blasted again at Chromia. He walked further inside. The security door slammed shut. Shockwave spun around and tried to open it, but it had locked from the outside. He tried to blast it open, but no effect.

"We're trapped " Shockwave turned to Chromia. "This is your fault, female Autobot."

"My fault that the door slammed?"

Shockwave hated to admit it, but Chromia was correct.

"Well?" she said, turning to him, "How do we get outta here? Any ideas?"

Shockwave had none, but said nothing and began to think. Chromia walked to the door and tried to crack the code. She spent quite a while at it, but couldn't find the correct combination.

"Any other bright ideas, female Autobot?" asked Shockwave, his voice sarcastic, as he pushed Chromia onto the floor.

She tried to stand up, but Shockwave held her down.

"There's no escape, female Autobot."

Chromia tried to struggle away. "The name's Chromia, Male Decepticon."

Shockwave angrily let her go. She walked to the other side of the room. Shockwave blasted at her, while her back was turned. Chromia threw herself out of the way.

"Hah! Just like a Decepticon to blast someone in the back How typical." She looked at Shockwave. "There's gotta be some logical way outta here ....."

Shockwave was impressed by that.

"I did not know you were capable of thinking logically."

"What, because I'm a woman?" Chromia said, defensively.

"No, it is not that ...." Shockwave said uneasily, being caught off guard.

"'Hmph... Of course I'm logical. It's the only way to get around sometimes."

Shockwave nodded. He could only agree. Chromia walked toward the energon cubes.

"Keep away from my energon, Autobot," ordered Shockwave, coldly. He aimed his ray gun at her.

Chromia quickly snatched a cube and drank it. Shockwave leapt to her and grabbed her arm roughly.

"I said, keep away from ...."

"I don't care what you said. I've got my own survival to consider. Only logical, isn't it?"

Shockwave couldn't argue with that. He silently agreed with her, but grudged over the idea of sharing his energon cubes - especially with an Autobot. He released her arm, and drank a cube.

They were trapped in the room for a few days, and could not discover a way out.

"Of course! " Chromia exclaimed, jumping up.

"What is it?"

"The energon cubes! We could use the remainder of them to blast our way out!"

Shockwave didn't want to waste the cubes, but it seemed the most logical idea yet. Though - he wouldn't admit that to Chromia. They both began stacking the few energon cubes by the door. They then backed away.

"Ready, aim ...." began Shockwave.

"Fire --" completed Chromia.

They both began blasting away at the energon. The cubes exploded. When the explosion cleared, both Chromia and Shockwave saw that the doorway wasn't even dented. Shockwave grunted angrily. He turned to Chromia and glared at her.

"That's the last time an Autobot wastes my energon supply..."

"If you knew it wouldn't work, Shockers, you would have..."

Shockwave blasted at her. The Autobot threw herself onto the floor. Shockwave then jumped on top of her. He was stronger than her, but Chromia was quite strong. She violently threw Shockwave off.

"Impressive ..." he commented, standing.

They continued to fight. Chromia, although, not quite as strong as Shockwave, proved quite a challenge for him. She dived for her gun and blasted him. Shockwave stumbled backwards and tried to stand, but Chromia blasted him again. He tried to blast at her, but his weapons were malfunctioning. He tried to transform into his space gun mode to blast her, but his transform circuits were also damaged. Shockwave was defenceless. Chromia blasted him in his stomach. Shockwave put his arm over it.

"You see, Shockwave, we female Transformers aren't as prissy as we may look. We too can also be -- merciless --"

Chromia shot him again. The Decepticon winced in pain. It was hurting him a lot. Chromia aimed her gun at him to fire again.

"No ... don't ..."

Chromia paused, then lowered her gun. "Even you deserve a right to live."

Shockwave was grateful, but said nothing.

"Well, Mister Logical ..... How do you suppose we get out of here?"

Chromia leant on the door and it crashed outwards.

"Well .... whaddya know? It did work after all! All that fighting for nothing ...." she sighed, standing up. "How illogical."

"Agreed." Shockwave ail, still sitting on the floor.

"Sorry 'bout that, Shockers," smiled Chromia, helping him up.

Shockwave was still hurt, but his automatic repair systems were taking effect. They walked out of the room together.

"Get that door fixed, will ya, Shockers?"

"Affirmative - for my benefit only - AND stop calling me tha.... You are now my prisoner."

"Typical Decepticon .... You just don't give up do ya?"

"Silence, Autobot --"

She grabbed Chromia's wrist. She tried to jerk free, but Shockwave walked ahead.

Chromia smiled. "Really, Shockers ..... I think you just can't bear to let a gorgeous girl like me outta your sight..."

Shockwave jerked. He let Chromia's wrist go in surprise - and shock. He spun around and stared at her, not knowing what to say - or think. Chromia smirked at him, then transformed into her Cybertronic transit van mode and sped off, leaving Shockwave bewildered, confused.

"Could she be right?"

Chromia arrived safely at her secret underground headquarters.

"Where were you?" asked Elita One, concerned.

"Trapped."

"You're lucky Shockwave didn't find you " said Firestar.

"Find me?! I was trapped with him. We worked together and managed to find a way out.

Elita One Considered. "Hmmm, the Decepticons can be reasoned with after all."

"Of course, Elita. Without each others help, we'd still be trapped in there."

"Are you sure Shockwave didn't follow you?"

"Nah. He didn't follow me. Suppose he could have. Maybe it was something I said ..."

 

*

Back to Autobot & Decepticon Fanfic Page

 

Back to Transformers Page