Disclaimers:  Hasbro own TFs.  I’m just playing chess with them ;)

 

 

With thanks to Stanley Lui and his TF fic “The Battle” and thanks also to the collectors edition G1 Tf

chess set, for the further inspiration though with reapect, I think I chose better players ;)

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

Let’s Play!

 

 

 

   CHESS  

 

 

 

The board is set … The pieces are moving …

 

 

 

Autobots, Transform! … Start your engines…  Roll Out!

 

 

King -              Optimus Prime  (King Optimus?  Gods, No …  Doesn’t have the same ring as Prime, now does it?  How about King

Prime?  Slag, that’s worse!  Wait … Optimus King? … Now that actually sounds good.

Queen -          Ironhide (The most trusted advisor … Loyal to the King … Blushing … Aww shucks, Prahme… ;)
Knight -           Jazz  (Makes cool sword moves)
Bishop -          Mirage  (Likes the serenity and silence of the game)
Rook -             Prowl (Loves a game of logic, wits and strategy)

Pawn -            Bumblebee (Awww poor Bumbles ;)

 

 

Bumblebee:  Heh, it’s only a game … Ahh… wait a breem …You don’t think it’ll be like Wizard’s Chess, do you?

Mirage:  I think it’s gonna be exactly like Wizard’s Chess…

Bumblebee: (Gulps).

Jazz: Chill, Bumbles, we won’t let them get ya.  Yo, Man … If I’m like a knight do I get a sword, or way cooler - a kick ass lightsabre?

(Excitedly) Can I have a blue one? (Makes lightsabre moves and noises)

Ironhide:  Shht!  Quit yer yappin', the game’s on!

Jazz:  (Bows) Yes, My Queen.

Ironhide:  Why you liddle …

Jazz ducks as Ironhide throws a muffler at him.

Optimus:  Play nice

Ironhide:  (Bows and makes elaborate hand gestures) Yes, Yer Majesty…

Optimus throws a license plate at him and even behind that mouth plate you can see he’s smiling …:)

 


^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

 

 

Decepticons ATTAAAACK!!!

 

 

King -               Megatron  (King Megatron… Lord Megatron … Overlord Megatron… Emperor Megatron …  Megatron the

Merciless…Megatron, Supreme Ruler of all the Universe … Ah!  They all Sound good, but King will do. For now.)

Queen -           Soundwave  (Who else? ;) … He also likes the logic and silence btw :) and takes on his role with honour and duty :)
Knight -           Starscream  (Wanted to be King … ;)
Bishop -          Shockwave (Really looking forward to a battle of logic, wit and strategy with Prowl ;)

Rook -             Thundercracker  (Loves the idea of his own castle ;)
Pawn -            Scavenger (Was beyond thrilled even to get to play … He even cried … Awww … Though Megatron suggested

 Starscream for a Pawn, much to the Jet’s annoyance  ;)

 

 

Megatron: Come on, it’s not as if I haven’t used him as a guinea pigatron before…

Starscream:  (Glares at him) Not this time.  I’m too valuable to be-

Soundwave: Silence!

Starscream : (Bows)  Yes, My Queen

Soundwave: (Gives long deathly silent glare …) Off with his head.

Megatron: (Raises his fusion canon and points it at Starscream’s head) With pleasure …

Starscream:  Nooooo!!  Please … I’m too cute! … And … and you can’t kill your courageous, trusty knight now can you…  (Hopeful)

Megatron:  Trusty?

Soundwave: Courageous?

Thundercracker:  Cute?!  (He’s jealous ;)

Megatron prepares to fire.

Starscream:  (Desperate, whimpers…) Well … uh … well who … who’ll watch your back???

Megatron:  My Queen.

Soundwave moves and stands beside him folding arms.

Starscream:  (Desperate still…)  Well … uhh …actually  … the game’s about to start, and you do need a Knight.  So there.  

What’re you all waiting for? Let’s get on with it, shall we?  Oh, wait … Can I  have a lightsabre too?  I want a red one.

Megatron:  No. You’ll only use it to deflect MY blasts…

Starscream: (Smiles) Can’t blame a robot for trying.   Now let’s play! I, STARSCREAM, Brave, Loyal and Handsome Knight of

Cybertron will Triumph!!!!

Megatron:  (Grunts) It’s going to be a loooong Knight …

 

 

Jazz: Uhh do you think Screamer knows it’s the King who’s the main player?

Optimus Prime: Never stopped him before…

 

 

 

*

 

Back to TransFormers Page