Disclaimers: Transformers are owned by Hasbro.

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic/fanart.

Summary: A story about Talon, the Turbomasters and Predators. Rotorstorm learns a lesson.

Rating - PG

~~~~~~~~

INTERROGATION

 

Dry sands swirled up into the air, as the violent blasts hit the ground. The battle had begun. Outside Autobot headquarters, Rotorstorm blasted blindly into the thick dust cloud.

"Where the hell'd they come from?"

Optimus Prime shook his head, then activated his communicator. "Attention all available Autobots - Prepare for battle! This is an emergency!"

In no time, all the Autobots whom could be spared had joined the battle against the attacking Decepticons.

"We've lost the element of surprise," Megatron said. "The Autobots reacted quicker then I anticipated - keep firing!"

Falcon, a Decepticon Predator fired relentlessly at the Autobots, then he was basted by Rotorstorm. Megatron turned to see his comrade fall, but winning the battle was the foremost thing on his mid right now.

Talon, another Predator had been wounded in the battle, hit by a stray missile. He lay on the ground, in pain.

The battle was one of billions to be recorded in the Transformers history books. Battles seemed to be all that their history recorded. Few remembered what it was like before the war. No one knew when or if this war was ever going to end - but the imminent task of cleaning up after the battle was now at hand. It had been fought directly outside Autobot Headquarters, the Autobots defending their base and fending of the Decepticons for now.

The wounded were being carried inside and attended to. Fortunately there had been no serious casualties.

"There's one over there," Ratchet said, pointing to the fallen Transformer.

"I'll get him," Rotorstorm said, racing to him.

He turned him around to pick him up, then stopped.

"Talon ... a Decepticon ..." Rotorstorm hesitated. It was not his nature to help the enemy, so he turned around to go back inside, then stopped and turned back to Talon. "He might be useful for interrogation," he decided, so effortlessly picked the small Decepticon up and carried him inside.

"I'd like to interrogate this Decepticon," Rotorstorm said to Optimus Prime. "I'm taking him to the brig for now. He should regain consciousness soon."

Optimus nodded.

            * * *

"Where the hell am I?" he groaned

Talon slowly opened his eyes and began to sit up, and winced as he felt his entire body aching.

"Great..." he moaned when he realised where he was. "Just my luck."

Talon hid his nervousness by placing a scowl on his face. He thought he heard footsteps and was about to dismiss it, then he heard them come closer and swallowed. The Autobot entered the cell.

Rotorstorm ... Scotty beam me outta here ... Talon knew Rotorstorm's reputation for ruthlessness with his enemies wasn't just a rumour. What's gonna happen to me?... Talon didn't want to admit his fear. He blinked, then gathered his courage and waited patiently, which was unusual for him.

"Get up" Rotorstorm demanded.

Silently, Talon obeyed. Rotorstorm grabbed his wrists and roughly bound them with an energon band. Talon didn't bother to try and struggle out of it, as he knew it would be useless. The Autobot pointed in the direction he was to go. Talon resented every moment, but decided it would be in his best interests to obey. He liked his body the way it was - in one piece.

Talon walked along the corridor.

"Don't try anything funny, Decepticon," Rotorstorm warned.

Talon felt his face muscles tense. He grew ore and more resentful of his situation and the Autobot who had brought it about. But Rotorstorm was a formidable warrior. He cared very much for his fellow Autobots, and his special team, the Turbomasters, loathed by Talon's team, the Predators, but Talon held some respect for Rotorstorm. His leader, Stalker also cared for the Predators. Although from opposite sides, there were some traits which both sides shared. However, Talon didn't think that would be the issue here.

"Walk faster," Rotorstorm demanded irritably. "I haven't got time to waste."

Talon pressed his lips together, but obeyed. "Where are we going?" he asked, and waited for a reply. When he didn't get one, he asked his question again, irritation in his voice.

"I didn't give you permission to speak, Decepticon" Rotorstorm barked.

Talon finally cracked. He'd had enough. He swung his rams around, bashing Rotorstorm in his stomach, then the Decepticon fled, hoping he'd have enough time to escape. Talon ran down the corridor , then took a left. To his dismay, it was a dead end, and he could hear Rotorstorm coming after him.

"$#%#!" Talon cursed. "Knew I shoulda taken a right!"

Rotorstorm was on top of him in no time. Talon tried to struggle away, but it was rather difficult with him wrists clasped together. Rotorstorm came on him rough.

"Stop..." Talon gasped, as Rotorstorm slammed him to the floor, and pressed his knee hard against him.

"Try anything like that again, Decepticon, and you'll be sorry..." Rotorstorm threatened.

"I'm already sorry," Talon scowled.

Rotorstorm jerked him to his feet. "March."

Talon wanted nothing more than to beat the crap out of Rotorstorm and get away with it, but for now he chose to do as he was told - grudgingly.

"Stop," Rotorstorm ordered and Talon did so. He watched Talon as he opened the door. He pointed inside and Talon entered. Rotorstorm closed the door behind them.

"Lights," the Autobot said, and the room was illuminated. "Sit," he said to the Decepticon, and Talon sat down.

"Why have you brought me here?" Talon asked.

"I prefer to conduct my interrogations in the interrogation room."

Although he wouldn't admit it, Talon was relieved it wasn't a torture room - and thankfully the Autobots very seldom used torture.

"So interrogate me," he said.

Rotorstorm gave Talon a cold stare.

"That is exactly what I intend to do ... Now - what the Decepticons latest plans?"

"A bit general, isn't it? What specific plans are you after?"

"Battle plans, you moron."

"Well, we're planning to attack you guys on the 17th."

Rotorstorm paused for a second. "Hang on, that was yesterday. I'm warning you, Decepticon - don't toy with me."

"The name's Talon ... and the last plans we discussed were the ones for the battle just past. And I haven't exactly had a chance to learn of any others, have I?"

"All right then, tell me any Decepticon secrets you know."

"Hey, it's not like we discuss our deepest darkest secrets with each other, and my secret is none of your damn business."

Rotorstorm knew there was no information he could get from this Decepticon, and as for Talon's personal secrets, Rotorstorm supposed he could force them out of the Decepticon, but felt secrets were personal and he wouldn't want Talon to know his, so didn't think it was right to force them out of another.

Talon saw the cross expression on the Autobot's face and smiled. "You're just looking for an excuse, aren't you? Anything that can justify your forcing information out of me. Perhaps it's because you're an Autobot and I'm a Decepticon - or rather that the Predators and Turbomasters have been mortal enemies ever since we were created - created to combat each other, and because we're so evenly matched, neither side can really win." Talon continued, fully expecting Rotorstorm to interrupt him at any moment. "Our teams are so much alike - yet we fight on opposite sides. We're in a league of out own out here, yet we fight in this war, of which we were created to be part. You lead your team with the utmost respect from you fellow Turbomasters as Stalker leads us. I won't betray Stalker anymore than one of your Turbomasters would betray you."

Rotorstorm had taken in every word Talon had said and was quite surprised they had come from a Decepticon - especially a Predator.

"Well?" Talon demanded.

"I'm not the one being interrogated," was all Rotorstorm could say.

"Oh, yes you are. We're all being interrogated. This war is the ultimate test of our skills - do we die out of ignorance, or foolishness, or bravery, or do we stay alive? It's also a test of our loyalty - do we betray our own kind to stay alive, or do we die, protecting our honour?"

Rotorstorm looked at Talon. "I have observed that the Predators function well as a team."

"I think I'd better take that as a compliment," Talon said. "Yes we do at that. It'd be impossible to maintain our structure and integrity if we didn't. Stalker keeps us in line. He knows what's best for us - as you do for your team. You're very much alike, you and him."

"Come to think of it, Rotorstorm said, "we probably are in our own ways, but Stalker's not exactly my favorite person in the universe."

"I doubt you're his either."

Rotorstorm found himself smiling, and not feeling as cold toward Talon as he had initially. He was learning a lot more from this interrogation - this conversation than he would from an ordinary standard interrogation. He'd often wondered about the Predators. Although they were his mortal enemies, they were good - damn good at what they did, and it took a lot to keep up with them - no doubt Stalker felt the same way about the Turbomasters - and the Predators had the same team spirit as his team had. Their respect for Stalker was genuine, not forced.

It shouldn't surprise me, Rotorstorm thought. Stalker expects no less of his fellow Predators than I would of my fellow Turbomasters. - but until now I hadn't known that 'true team work' was in the Decepticon vocabulary.

Rotorstorm reached into his side compartment and took out a key, then unlocked Talon's energon bonds. Talon did a double take.

"What are you doing?..."

"I'm letting you go. And I ... apologize for my rough treatment of you earlier - I saw you as nothing more than my enemy."

"I could say the same here."

Rotorstorm walked with talon to the entrance.

"You've taught me a lot about both teams, Talon, and I am grateful that you shared it with me, and I find myself thinking that it's a great pity that were so alienated - fighting each other."

"Perhaps," Talon said, and was about to transform and take off, when he turned around. "Rotorstorm," he paused, "you remember that secret I told you about? Well, I've told you it," and before the Autobot could react, Talon transformed and flew off into the distance.

Rotorstorm watched him go. A very unique Decepticon, he thought, then turned around and re-entered Autobot headquarters. There was a lot he needed to talk to his fellow Turbomasters about. A lot indeed - and he hoped Talon would do the same with his fellow Predators.

            * * *

Talon arrived back at Decepticon headquarters.

"Where have you been?" Megatron demanded. "Stalker's been driving me crazy asking me where you are every five minutes!"

Talon almost smiled.

"Captured by the Autobots. But I ... escaped and told them nothing."

"Good - not go tell Stalker and stop him nagging me."

"Will, do, Megatron."

It was nice to know that he'd been missed.

"There you are! Where the hell have you been?" Even though Stalker tried to mask his relief with anger, it didn't work.

"I was captured by Rotorstorm."

"$#&%$! You look all right, though. What did he do to you?"

Stalker's tone clearly implied that Rotorstorm would severely regret it if he had hurt Talon.

"Nothing really," Talon said. "We just ... talked."

"Talked?"

Talon nodded. "About our teams, mainly. You know, even though he's so ruthless, he cares for his fellow Turbomasters, like you care for us Predators."

"He does? Hey, I hope you didn't make me sound mushy."

Talon have his leader a friendly slap. "Don't worry, Stalks. I have him a lot to think about."

Stalker nodded. "Glad you're back, Talon."

Then he turned to leave.

"Stalker," Talon called after him. "When it comes to team work, the Turbomasters are a lot, if not almost exactly like us - they care about their own and would never betray them. Have you ever thought it was a pity that we're fighting on opposite sides?"

Stalker looked at Talon, and the small Decepticon hoped Stalker wouldn't take what he's said the wrong way, but his leader gave a warm smile, and said something that surprised him.

"Sometimes, Talon, I think it's great pity that we're fighting at all."

 

*

 

Back to G2 Fanfic Page

 

Back to Transformers Page