Disclaimers: Transformers are owned by Hasbro.

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic/fanart.

Summary: The Decepticons go back in time to kill Orion Pax. (Has some G2 charatcers, but mainly G1)

Author's note: I wrote this before I saw Terminator II, I promise!!!

Rating - PG

~~~~~~~

A STRONG SENSE OF SPIRIT

 

Time index - now.

Moonracer managed to infiltrate Decepticon headquarters, Cybertron. Unfortunately, for her, the Decepticons had installed a new security system and she was detected instantly. The alarm klaxon sounded, startling her. Her mission, GVI (gathering vital information), could not be accomplished now. She had to escape - fast.

Talon and Stalker came hurtling around the corner. Moonracer, being the Autobot's best marksman, took out Stalker's weapon with one shot, then blasted him. Talon ducked around the nearest corner, Moonracer's blast missing him by a mere millimetre. He quickly looked around and blasted her gun. Moonracer turned and quickly tried different combinations to the computerised exit lock. She would've cracked it, if Talon hadn't blasted her leg first. She fell to her knees and tried to scramble away. Talon ran towards her, gun in hand and smiled. Moonracer glared at him, then at his gun, levelled at her head. She was brave, but not stupid. She knew when to accept defeat. She knew she had lost. Stalker stood. Talon turned to him and gestured. They helped Moonracer up.

"Wazzamadder...." teased Stalker. "Not so cocky now are we?"

Moonracer said nothing, but what was not said, could be seen in her eyes.

"Aww, she's p'd off cos she lost."

"The good guys don't always win" said Moonracer. "This isn't a cartoon show, y'know."

They lead her into the main control room.

"You have the intruder" Shockwave said. "A female Autobot."

"Brilliant perception, Shockers," Moonracer snapped.

"Put her in there." He gestured toward a metal arm chair.

They pushed her into the chair. Energon bands instantly snapped around her wrists.

"Leave us now," Shockwave ordered.

He waited until they had left, then turned to Moonracer.

"Hmm .... quite pretty."

"Thank you." Her voice was bitterly sarcastic. "What do you want with me, Cyclops Tron?"

"Your sarcasm is not appreciated" snapped Shockwave, voice cold. "I warn you -- our torture methods are not pleasant."

"Hmph! Big talk. Never seen you torture a woman before."

"I will if I have to" he said quickly. " Now, tell me - Where is your leader Elita One?"

"She's Optimus Prime's sister."

"I know that. Where is she?"

"In our secret headquarters."

"And where is that?"

"In our secret location. For us to know and you not to find out."

"Give its exact location to me - now."

"Go blow a circuit, Laser brain!"

"I am warning you -- do not try my patience. Where is it?"

"It is only logical that I seek to protect our existence."

He could not argue with that. Angry, he turned facing his computer console. She is beautiful. Shockwave thought, although he would never admit that. I do not want to hurt her, but she is my enemy and she is resisting me. "Very well," he sighed, "you leave me no other alternative, but to use the Cyber-Probe. It will read your mind, and compel you to tell the truth. "

I can't let that happen .... If the Decepticons find our secret base. I shudder to think what'll happen.

"I warn you," he said, facing his computer, "the Cyber-probe is an excruciating experience. I'll give you one last chance. Tell me the location of your secret base. Don't force me to use the Cyber-Probe."

Moonracer tried to struggle free. I gotta get outta here!

She looked down at the energon bands and squashed up her hands, forcing them, with difficulty out of the restraints. Shockwave was still facing his computer, hoping he would not have to torture her. The Autobot bolted. Shockwave saw her reflection in the computer screen. Instantly, he spun around and blasted after her. Moonracer managed to escape, but in her rush, she dropped a small Cyber-Disk, that had been contained in her chest compartment. Puzzled, Shockwave stopped and picked it up, forgetting about the escaping Autobot. He walked towards his computer and inserted it.

-- BEGIN TRANSMISSION --

            * * *

Shockwave looked up. "Intriguing ...."

He immediately contacted Megatron - Decepticon undersea headquarters, Earth.

"Megatron, I have some very interesting news ..."

"Proceed."

Shockwave informed Megatron of the data on the disk.

The corners of Megatron's mouth curved up into an evil smile.

"Mmmm ..... very interesting. Yes .... very interesting." "Excellent. I have a perfect solution to terminate the Autobots forever. I'll transport via Space Bridge with Soundwave to Cybertron to assist in construction of the time transporter."

"I await your arrival, Megatron. Shockwave out."

            * * *

Megatron reviewed the data on disk. "Who'd've believed it?" he scoffed. "When we've completed the transporter we'll journey back to Cybertron's distant past and rewrite history --" Megatron's cold, evil laugh filled every corner of the room.

            * * *

"Now," said the Decepticon leader, "we will journey back to the golden age of Cybertron, before the war. You remain here, Shockwave. We must be prepared if any Autobots interfere."

Megatron and Soundwave entered the time transporter beam.

Time index - then.

Orion Pax was helping Dyon unload some energon cubes.

"That's the last of it."

Orion sat down. "Phew. Glad that's over."

Dyon laughed. "What're you talkin' about?! I did most of the work!"

"Ahh shuddup, " smiled, Orion drinking an energon cube and handed one to Dyon.

            * * *

The Decepticons' transporter transported them to the old secret Decepticon headquarters.

"I remember this place," Megatron smiled. "...Before we start," he cautioned, "we must remember we also exist in this time. We must not, under any circumstances come into contact with our other selves. It will have a drastic outcome, and will destroy history as we know it."

Soundwave nodded in acknowledgement.

            * * *

"Look up there!" exclaimed Orion Pax, pointing into the sky.

Megatron landed near the Autobots.

"I am Megatron, leader of the Decepticons" introduced the Decepticon leader, looking at Orion. "And who might you be?"

"I'm Orion. Orion Pax, this is my girlfriend, Ariel and he's Dyon, my best friend."

Megatron looked at them.

Ariel smiled shyly at him. "Hello."

Megatron smiled back. "I must go now," he said, flying off.

"Who was that? " asked Ariel. "I've never seen him before."

"I don't know and I don't care" Orion blurted. "I mean, he actually wanted to know who I was."

"I'm scared of him."

"Why?" Dyon asked.

"I don't know. It's just something about him."

"Ahh ... Don't worry about it," Orion dismissed. "I mean he can fly! Oh man!"

Ariel wanted to believe her boyfriend, but still, she felt uneasy.

Megatron arrived at the headquarters.

"I've made first contact. We shall claim our victory soon. Very soon ...."

Ariel had secretly followed Megatron, driving in her automotive form to the Decepticon headquarters. When there, she heard Megatron's diabolical plan to destroy the Autobots. She gasped, horrified and sped away as fast as her wheels could revolve.

            * * *

"Orion!! Orion!!"

"Cool your carburettors. What's the matter?"

Ariel calmed down and told him what she had heard.

"What? Are you sure? I mean ...."

Ariel nodded. "I heard Megatron say he wanted to kill you. I told you not to trust him."

Orion became frightened. "But what have we ever done to him?"

"Nothing."

            * * *

Megatron laughed evilly. "Soon, very soon -the future will be ours --" He flew out of the headquarters and saw the Decepticons of the past, flying toward him. "I must not let them see me." He managed, with difficulty, to elude them.

            * * *

Ariel ran after Orion. "I'm coming with you."

"No. You stay here. It's me they want, not you."

"I want to go with you."

"No. It's too dangerous. Please ...."

"All right. Please be careful."

Orion smiled. "Don't worry, darling."

Ariel smiled nervously. Orion saw her uneasiness. He put his arms around her and kissed her gently. "I have to go now."

            * * *

Megatron arrived and saw Ariel.

"Where is Orion?" he demanded,

"Orion .... uh .... He went to get some energon. He'll be back later."

Megatron looked inside the hangar, then back at Ariel.

"Why did he go to get energon when there's a full hangar?" Ariel was stuck. An excuse .... anything.

"He .... he just wanted to get some ... and to go for a drive. " Ariel backed away as Megatron walked toward her.

"Where is he?"

Ariel did not know what to do. She continued to back away until she hit the wall. Megatron towered over her.

"Where is he?"

He was not yelling, but his voice had a chilling effect on her. She was shivering now. "I .... I don't know."

"Don't try my patience, Autobot. Where is Orion Pax?"

Ariel, by now was crying. "Why do you want to hurt us? What have we ever done to you?."

"More than you will ever know."

Ariel was confused, but fear was the predominant feeling. She shook her head.

"He left. I don't know where he's gone. He didn't tell me."

Megatron grabbed her roughly and pointed his fusion cannon at her. Ariel screamed and tried to struggle away.

"I am warning you, Autobot - Where is Orion Pax?"

Megatron held her throat tightly.

"I don't know ..." she gasped. "I promise.... please ...."

Megatron threw her to the ground. "I'll find him myself."

"What are you going to do to him? Please don't hurt him."

Megatron looked down at her, smiling evilly. "Oh, I'll do more than just hurt him. I'll do to him what I plan to do to all Autobots."

Ariel looked up at Megatron. "No .... please don't kill him" she begged. "I love him."

Megatron looked down at her. "Love? Pathetic. I do not even know the meaning of that word."

Ariel tried to bolt, but Megatron grabbed her. He aimed his fusion cannon at the Autobot. Ariel was terrified.

".... No .... please don't ...."

The sound of a fusion cannon blast betrayed the Autobot's pleading.

            * * *

Orion Pax was driving away as fast as his wheels could revolve. He was terrified. Fear had overwhelmed him. He failed to see a metal lamp post in front of him and crashed straight into it.

Time index - now.

Optimus Prime was driving to Autobot headquarters and crashed into a metal lamp post. He reversed, puzzled, then resumed his course and drove on. When he arrived, he went straight to Doc Ratchet and explained what had happened. "I feel strange. I didn't even see that lamp post. I need you to check me out."

Ratchet gave his leader a maintenance check. "Nothing's wrong. You're in perfect shape. What do you think could've happened?"

"I don't know. I feel I'm in perfect health, but I still feel strange .... as if ...."

The Red Alert klaxon sounded abruptly. Optimus raced to the main control room.

"What is it, Teletraan I?" Optimus asked the computer.

"A disturbance in time detected -- Source - Decepticon headquarters, Cybertron."

"Decepticon headquarters?!" exclaimed Optimus. "If the Decepticons have travelled back in time, they'll no doubt be trying to destroy history as we know it. They must be stopped."

Time index - then.

Orion Pax reversed, drove around the post and sped off.

He began to run low on fuel. He transformed into his robot mode and began to run. Megatron was getting closer ... He could feel it, like a fox being closed in for the kill.

Time index - now.

Optimus Prime and Ironhide were driving to the space bridge. Optimus suddenly stopped and transformed, looking frantically around. Ironhide behind him, jerked. "What's up?"

"I .... I don't know. I feel as if someone is chasing me, but there is no one. I feel frightened, but there is nothing to be afraid of. Perhaps it's to do with the Decepticons. We must hurry. Primus only knows what they're planning."

The Autobots, soon after, arrived at the space bridge. Some Decepticons were guarding it. "The future is at stake" said Optimus. "If we lose now - we lose forever."

The Autobots, with difficulty, managed to defeat the Decepticons. They rushed into the space bridge and were transported to Cybertron.

The doors of the space bridge slid apart in the control room. Shockwave spun around. "Autobots! You will not interfere!"

He blasted at them. The Autobots returned fire. Shockwave was hit and fell to the floor. He tried to fire, but his weapons were malfunctioning. He tried to transform into his space gun mode and then discovered his transform circuits were also damaged. Ironhide walked toward him. "You got some talkin' to do."

"I will tell you nothing."

"Maybe you'd like your face melted off. Might be an improvement. Some liquid nitrogen oughta do it."

Shockwave looked nervous.

"What does Megatron intend to do to our future?"

"You will never know."

Optimus repeated his question, louder. Shockwave said nothing. Optimus pointed his laser rifle at him. "You leave me with no other alternative, but to use violence. I'm asking you one last time. What does Megatron plan to do?"

The Decepticon still wouldn't answer. Optimus hesitated.

"I'm sorry, but you leave me no other alternative."

He blasted Shockwave in the chest.

"If .... you destroy me you will never know."

"It is not my intention to destroy you. What is Megatron going to ..."

"Then again, it won't matter if you destroy me. If Megatron succeeds, you will have no future --"

That very notion sent a shiver up Optimus Prime's back.

"How exactly does Megatron plan to do that?" he asked.

Shockwave kept a tight lip.

"What is Megatron's plan?"

Shockwave still said nothing.

"You're making me do this, Shockwave."

Optimus shot him again. Shockwave was getting weaker.

"We need to know."

"You... will never ....know."

Optimus Prime did not want to kill him. "Ironhide," he said, "search this place for evidence."

"You will find nothing" assured Shockwave.

"Don't be too sure, Shockers. Look what I just found."

"You will find no data on that disk" lied Shockwave.

"Let's just check it out." He inserted the disk.

             * * *

Optimus Prime felt his strength draining from him and fell backwards. Ironhide caught him.

"It's happening already ...." he gasped. "I feel .... different .... Ohh .... getting weaker .... know what the Decepticons are planning .... must go back and s .... stop them ...."

"It's too late for that," assured Shockwave with extreme confidence. "Soon the future will belong to us."

Ironhide adjusted his weapon to stun and blasted him. "That should keep him out of our tailpipes."

Optimus gained enough strength to stand. "We must stop the Decepticons at all costs. We've got to find the transporter."

They soon located it. Optimus set the co-ordinates.

"How far back in time are we going?"

"Over nine million years - to the golden age of Cybertron." The two Autobots entered the time transporter beam.

Time index - then.

"The golden age," said Optimus Prime. "It's beautiful .... I hope it will come again. I'll find Megatron. You take care of Soundwave. But - make sure it's the Soundwave of our time, not this time."

"You got it, but what about you? You feeling okay?"

"Yes. I feel stronger here. Don't worry about me.  I can take care of myself. We'll rendezvous back here."

The Autobots split.

"Megatron must be stopped," said Optimus Prime, determined, "no matter the cost."

            * * *

Orion Pax was still running. He staggered, frightened, tired and hungry, into a building complex and prayed Megatron wouldn't find him. The Autobot found his way into a small room.

Safe.

Orion heard the door open. He froze.

"Greetings, Orion Pax."

He knew that voice.

Megatron.

Orion slowly turned around. Megatron walked toward him. Orion backed away.

"Ariel was quite reluctant in helping me find you," Megatron teased.

"What have you done to her, you monster!?"

Megatron gave a sardonic smile. "I'd be more worried what I'm going to do to you."

Orion was worried about both. Megatron bashed the Autobot violently onto the floor. Orion tried to stand, but Megatron kicked him in his stomach.

            * * *

Optimus Prime fell onto his knees and put his arm over his stomach to stop the pain, then slowly stood up.

            * * *

Ironhide located Soundwave.

"You will not interfere with or plans, Autobot--"

Ironhide drew his weapon, as Soundwave fired at him. Ironhide ducked the first blast, but the second hit him. The Autobot went down. Soundwave smiled. He walked to Ironhide and pointed his weapon at him. Ironhide was reaching for his gun. He could not afford to lose. "Shoot an opponent who's down, will ya..." he said, disgusted.

As Soundwave was about to fire, Ironhide fired, knocking Soundwave unconscious. Ironhide stood up, his circuits still aching from the blast. He forced Soundwave into the time transporter beam.

            * * *

Orion Pax put his arm over his stomach. "Leave me alone!"

He gained enough strength to stand. Megatron tried to grab him. Orion darted away. Megatron blasted at him again.

"Don't!"

Megatron ignored him. Orion ran for the door, but Megatron violently threw him onto a ledge. He grabbed the Autobot's throat roughly. Orion tried to struggle free. Megatron tightened his grip.

"Don't!" gasped Orion, trying to pull the hand away.

Megatron held him roughly and aimed his fusion cannon at him, at very close range. Orion tried to struggle away, but Megatron prevented him.

"Don't ...." begged Orion, shaking his head, shivering. "Please don't kill me. I've never done anything to you." He was terrified and crying. Megatron looked at the Autobot in disgust. "Pathetic. I can't believe you're.... You've done enough, Orion Pax."

"I don't understand," said Orion frightened, confused.

"You never will."

"Don't .... don't kill me. Please don't kill me."

Megatron looked directly into Orion Pax's eyes.

"Nothing would please me more --"

"NO!!!"

Megatron gave a sadistic smile and laughed. "My troubles will be over before they even started -- Farewell, Orion Pax --"

Orion shut his eyes. He heard a blast, but felt nothing.

Am I still alive?

Yes.

He opened one eye, then the other, still shivering. Megatron was lying on the floor. Orion looked around. Standing in the doorway was Optimus Prime. Megatron was beginning to stand. He looked around. "NO!! You will NOT interfere!" He blasted Optimus in his chest. "I don't know how you found out about this, but you'll never stop me."

Optimus rolled over, grabbed his laser rifle and blasted Megatron, then stood up. Megatron blasted at him, but Optimus quickly darted out of the way. He shot at Megatron, but the Decepticon dodged the blast. Orion watched the duel, confused, terrified not knowing what to do. Megaton smiled evilly - An idea - He spun around, pointing his fusion cannon directly at Orion Pax. Optimus Prime saw his laser rifle - on the other side of the room -- He could not get to it in time. He saw no other alternative, but to throw himself in front of Orion. Megatron fired. Optimus fell onto the floor, pulling Megatron down with him. He crawled across the room toward his laser rifle. Megatron blasted at him. Optimus managed to grab it. Megatron shot his shoulder. Optimus turned and shot Megatron. He stood up and blasted him again. Optimus aimed his laser rifle at Megatron to shoot again, but saw he was already unconscious. He lowered his weapon.

"Thank you ...." breathed Orion Pax, relieved. "You saved my life... But would somebody please explain to me what the hell is going on?!"

Optimus smiled. "I'm Optimus Prime. I'm from the future."

Orion frowned, confused. "What? Future?"

"Yes, and Megatron too, but he does exist in the past."

"I don't understand. Why was he after me? And how can there be two Megatrons?"

"There is only one Megatron. The one who tried to kill you, is from my time."

"But what did I do to him?"

"I cannot tell you. If I do, it will alter the future. All I can tell you is the future of the Autobots and the universe depends on you."

Orion Pax swallowed. It was a lot for the young Autobot to take in - and he was still confused. Optimus Prime could see that. He put his hands on his shoulders. "Please believe me, Orion."

"I believe you, but it's not the sort of thing that happens every day."

Optimus smiled. "No, I guess it's not."

He helped Orion off the ledge, then knelt down and picked up Megatron's unconscious form.

"Are you going to kill him?"

"No. I am against killing. Even my enemies."

Respectful Orion Pax nodded, Optimus Prime started to leave.

"Where .... where are you going?"

"Back to my own time. Just remember, your future is our future."

The young Autobot nodded. "I will not let you down, Optimus Prime."

The older Autobot smiled. "Thank you, Orion Pax."

            * * *

Optimus Prime met Ironhide at the rendezvous.

"Mission accomplished. The future has been restored. Everything we stand for and believe in - for the freedom of the universe has been saved. It's time to go back."

"I wish we didn't have to take Megabum back with us."

"I feel the same way, Ironhide, but if we leave him here, he will destroy the future as we know it. We must take him back."

"I know."

They set the co-ordinates of the time transporter to their time - Decepticon headquarters - Cybertron and entered the beam.

Time index - now.

Shockwave and Soundwave saw Ironhide and Optimus walking through the beam and immediately blasted at them. Ironhide blasted Shockwave. He fell to the floor, unconscious. Soundwave saw Optimus Prime carrying Megatron and lowered his weapon. He looked at Optimus an gestured. Optimus handed Megatron to him. Soundwave took his leader and carried him into the space bridge and returned to Earth.

Optimus watched them go, then turned to Ironhide.

"We have to destroy the time transporter."

Time index - then.

A wounded, dying body lay helpless on the ground. Another Autobot gently picked it up and took it to Alpha Trion.

"I do detect a strong spirit within him" Alpha Trion said, carrying the Autobot inside.

Later ....

The New Autobot walked forward, for the first time into full view. He stood tall, powerful and confident, facing the world through new experienced eyes. He looked around - as his new mature self. His face was gentle, showing much compassion and wisdom - That of a true leader.

Alpha Trion turned to his son. There was a pause.

"Can you reconstruct Ariel as you did me?" The New Autobot asked, his voice deep but gentle.

"Perhaps" Alpha Trion reasoned. "I can try a similar reconstruction using your schematics."

The New Autobot smiled and left with the others to stop the Decepticons - To stop the war.

Alpha Trion gazed up into the sky.

"Hmm ... a female warrior .... I'll call her Elita One."

Time index - now.

"We did it, Autobots," said Optimus Prime, relaxing. "I can't remember exactly what we did, but we saved our future. But I recall it had something to do with this disk."

Optimus inserted it into the computer.

-- BEGIN TRANSMISSION --

" The history of Optimus Prime -- The Autobot leader -- " the computer narrated. "During the golden age of Cybertron, before the war, the Autobots lived in peace and prosperity. Orion Pax was one of these Autobots. He was young, cheerful, alert, high spirited and always ready to help.

One time, he was walking to the energon storage hangar, when he saw the Decepticons.

Megatron, the Decepticon leader landed near him. "I am Megatron, leader of all the Decepticons" he said.

"What do you want?" asked Orion Pax.

Orion later lead him into the energon storage hangar, where Megatron launched his attack. Orion tried to stop him, but he was no match for the power of Megatron -- Megatron blasted Orion in his chest and stomach. Orion Pax fell to the floor in pain, dying.

Later, he was taken to Alpha Trion, who not only repaired him, but reconstructed him into the powerful, kind, gentle leader, whom we now know as Optimus Prime --"

-- END TRANSMISSION --

 

*

 Back to Autobot & Decepticon Fanfic Page

 

Back to Transformers Page