Disclaimers: Transformers are owned by Hasbro.

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic

Summary: A romance about Megatron and Star Ruby

Author's Note: Star Ruby created by Star Ruby

Rating - PG

~~~~~~~~~

SACRED SPRINGS

 

By Seawave

For Star Ruby

 

Megatron wasn't sulking. The Decepticons had just lost a battle with the Autobots, over a newly erected power plant. The battle had been fierce, however the outcome had not been a desirable one for the Decepticons. Megatron wasn't sulking. He was pacing alone in his quarters.

The Decepticon Leader scowled when he heard his door chime sound.

"Be gone!" he snapped viciously.

The chime sounded again. Megatron was about to explode, but then again few would persist when he was in such a mood – or perhaps it was an emergency. He hoped not – he definitely wasn't in the mood for that.

"Soundwave?"

"Guess again."

A small smile crept across Megatron's face. He hadn't smiled since before the battle. "Come in."

One look at Megatron was enough to tell. "Sulking?"

"Thinking," Megatron said a little too quickly. Like Soundwave, Star Ruby could see through him at the worst of times.

"We can't win 'em all."

Megatron scowled. "Tell me about it."

Star Ruby smiled understandingly. "At least we made it away with some energon. It's better than a blast in the butt, though I know how you feel."

Megatron sighed. "One of those days."

"Sure is. Now - you, My Dear, need to relax."

"I haven't got the time," Megatron excused himself.

"That won't work on me, Mister. Doctor's orders."

Megatron managed a smile. "You're not the doctor."

"Nope, but I'll get Jephfath in here quick smart if I have to."

Megatron shook his head and smiled again, thinking of the last time Jephfath had gotten him to relax – The young Decepticon CMO had confiscated him fusion cannon and locked him in his quarters. After fuming for a while, he actually did get some relaxing done and when he went to harshly reprimand Jephfath the Doc was so cheery, Megatron had sighed, resigned promising to take time for himself when he needed some.

Although he often needed forceful coaxing...

"Seriously, Ruby, I haven’t got the time to-"

"Stop pushing yourself, if only for a moment. It's not going to kill you to take some time for yourself. Everything's not gonna fall to pieces. Come on, you know you want to - Don't make me force you..."

Megatron couldn't help but smile. "All right, woman, you talked me into it..."

"Finally!" Star Ruby said with a triumphant smile. "I know just the place..."

Megatron looked at her. "Somehow I get the feeling I agreed to soon ..."

"Uh uh, you're not backin' out on me." Ruby gave a sly smile.

"Never," Megatron said. "Since when have I ever backed out of anything?"

"That's my Meggie."

"You're the only one who can call me that."

"Without gettin' blasted to pieces," Ruby added with a smile.

"So," Megatron said, "where is this elusive place of yours?"

"You'll see, but first you have to relax yourself. No point if you're as tense as a warhead trigger."

"Okay, I'm relaxed."

"Really?" Ruby grabbed his shoulder.

Megatron winced at the sudden burst of pain and rubbed his shoulder.

"Relaxed, huh?"

"Well, I'm trying."

Star Ruby smiled.

"There," Megatron announced after a short while. I think I'm relaxed a little more."

"Well that'll just have to do for now. Hurry up, we'd better go before you change your mind – or before I haul out the big guns..."

Megatron smiled. "As you command, Miss Ruby."

She smiled back to him as the two left his quarters and started down the corridor.

"No excuses," she warned, playfully.

Soundwave saw them leave and was quite relieved that Star Ruby had forced Megatron into taking a little break. In fact he was practically jumping for joy. Getting Megatron to chill wasn't an easy feat. Soundwave had a few things to ask him, but wanted to leave them until Ruby and his Leader returned. The last tine Megatron had really relaxed was almost a year ago, and then it was practically at gunpoint and the time before that, Soundwave had threatened to lock him into the dungeon cells if he didn't take some time for himself ¼ Megatron always seemed to find some excuse to keep him busy. Soundwave admired his Leader's devotion to his cause – devotion which he shared and he had to admit it he was just as guilty as Megatron in that respect – he was a hard case to get to relax too ...

Megatron remembered the last time he had a good relax. He took a four hour energon bath followed by sleeping for two days on and off, for which he had been a little embarrassed, but he convinced himself he must have needed it. He'd spent the remainder of the week organising his quarters and computer files, and catching up on things he'd been meaning and meaning to do. It had been quite therapeutic not to mention productive. However this time he would not be relaxing alone ...

"Where are we going?" he asked curious, as they flew above the Earth.

Ruby swirled in the high altitude in robot mode and seemed to sit in mid air. "You'll see - and I promise, you'll like it."

Megatron grinned. "A surprise ... Oohh can't wait ..."

Ruby giggled as she flew on.

"Hey, wait!"

Ruby smiled as he caught up. She had been scanning for Autobot activity, but there was none, much to her relief. Not that her and Megatron were planning to pillage and plunder, but the 'Bots would hardly believe her if she told them her and Megatron were ... well it was really none of their business!

They had been flying for the most part of an hour, when Star Ruby began decreasing altitude. Megatron followed, getting more and more curios by the nano second.

Ruby expertly dove between two narrow cliffs, with Megatron behind her, watching her as she gracefully dived into a narrow crevice in the Earth, around the jagged rocks. Gods she looked beautiful, Megatron mused as he watched her, feeling the temperature around him increase se they flew deeper into the Earth.

Star Ruby finally slowed down and came to a stop at a large opening, before a pool of steaming, gently bubbling spring water. She smiled at Megatron landed and gestured toward the waters. Megatron looked sideways a geyser erupted to the side of the large pool.

"Found this place by accident one day," Star Ruby said. "Fell down that cliff after a battle with the 'Bots and when I tried to get up, I fell down here. It was so warm, so I ventured deeper - And eventually found this place. Remember that time when I was missing for a few days about six months ago?"

Megatron nodded. "Don't remind me - You were here?"

Ruby nodded. "The waters helped heal my wounds, relax my body and mind. It was wonderful ... I wanted to tell you about this place ¼ But I had to wait until the right time for you to fully appreciate it."

Megatron smiled. "Thank you, Ruby."

She smiled and started into the boiling spring waters, immediately feeling their relaxing effects. Megatron followed her in, too instantaneously feeling the waters calm and soothe him as if they knew exactly what he needed. The two Decepticons waded further in, the hot spring calming their minds and stimulating their every nerve cell, washing away dirt molecules, and tensions.

The Decepticon Femme totally submerged herself and shook her body under the water, then burst upwards, sending a stream of glistening water flying as she let loose a Banshee squeal of delight as she wiped the running water off her smooth head and spun around. "Gods, that feels wonderful!"

Megatron admired her shimmering body before also submerging, feeling the invigorating waters all around him. It was a strange sensation, most unlike hot a silky energon bath. He had never encountered such waters before. He had bathed in hot Earth water, but never like this. He swam a few yards before Ruby watched him surface, the waters running off his body glistening, in the luminescent phosphorous light of the cave. The Ruby Red Femme breathed a lust felt sigh. Matrix wept, he was beautiful! She smiled as she waded over to him and the two embraced gently.

"You're right, Ruby." Megatron agreed. "This place is wonderful..."

She smiled. "I told you you'd like it. The Humans call it The Sacred Springs of Anida."

Megatron threw some of the spring water over his face. Ruby watched as the droplets flew in all directions as he vigorously shook his head. She watched two drops run down his neck, as though they were having a race. The one on the left won. Megatron smiled as he held Ruby and kissed her, surrounded by the refreshing waters as they waded deeper in.

Both Transformers entirely submerged themselves deeper and deeper into the steaming waters, which ran deceptively deep, and then even deeper down a large submerged steep precipice.

Megatron and Star Ruby embraced as they descended down the face of the underwater cliff and were still embracing when they finally touched bottom, gently caressed by the Sacred Waters.

Megatron held his love and pressed her against the slightly curved precipice and the two kissed passionately before ascending hand in hand. Ruby feeling grateful for this gentle time.

Two metal bodies surfaced suddenly causing vibrant ripples to the water’s edge, steaming as the water droplets splashed the rugged rocky roof of the cave.

Megatron and Ruby waded to the shallow waters, and stopped when they were waist deep.

"You were so right about this place," Megatron whispered, as though talking would violate the peaceful surroundings, but even then his voice seemed to carry throughout the cave. "This place is beautiful."

Ruby smiled and embraced her love. "It's like magic," she said softly. "It's said that no one knows how the water forms or stays here without evaporating, or how it stays warm, as it's nowhere hear hot magma or the Earth's core or why the waters have such healing and invigorating powers. The Humans say it's the Spirit of Anida."

Megatron hadn't much experience with Spirits, Earthen or otherwise, but he didn't want to spoil the moment. "Perhaps it is, he said. It could well be. "Whatever it is, it's wonderful."

Megatron gently kissed his betrothed and smiled when their lips parted and he held her.

"So, what other secrets are you keeping from me?"

Ruby smiled. "Now that would be telling. You'll just have to wait and see."

Megatron smiled at his enigmatic love. "I can hardly wait."

Again the two embraced, surrounded and protected by the energies of the Sacred Springs of Anida.

*

 

  Back to Decepticon Page

 

Back to Transformers Page