Disclaimers: Transformers are owned by Hasbro.

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic/fanart.

Summary: A Halloween (Samhain) story.

Rating - PG

~~~~~~~~~

MAGICK HAPPENS

 

Blaster, Bumblebee, Skyfire and Beachcomber stood around in the main control room of Autobot headquarters. If it wasn't October 31st, they'd be bored to death!

"Like I hope we don't scare the humans too much," Beachcomber said.

"Let's go," Blaster said, scarcely able to contain his excitement.           "Halloween, but not as they know it!"

They had been planning this for months now.

They arrived on a long street bubbling bubbling toiling and troubling with Halloween activity.

Blaster knocked on one door. It opened slowly, revealing a lady dressed as Cat Woman.

"Meooooow .... I think I'll give you a treat...." She retreated inside and brought out a large block of chocolate.

"Prrrrr ..... Don't eat it all at once ..."

She cracked her whip, then retreated inside.

"Wow!" Blaster exclaimed. "Some pussy!"

He put the chocolate into his chest compartment.

The door to the next house was opened by a middle aged man.

"Go away!" he snapped, then looked up and saw Skyfire. "Ahh.... well .... Let's see what I can do .... And he gave Skyfire a ten dollar note. "Hope you can use that .... Hey, perhaps I should get into this Halloween thing after all...."

Blaster knocked on the door of another house. A beautiful young woman opened the door, dressed as a Medieval Princess. She looked up at Blaster gasped, then fainted.

"Ooh ... " Blaster said. "Guess I scared her."

"No you didn't," the girl said, smiling and 'waking up.' "What sort of a Princess would I be without a good faint! ... Didn't know you Autobots did this sorta thing."

"Are you kiddin'! It's ace fun ... uh, Your Highness..."

The girl giggled.

"Wait, my fair Knights. I shall return." She lifted up her dress and with a melodramatic thrust of her flowing veils, retreated into her house, returning with bags of lollies.

"Hope you can eat these. I'm all outta energon."

Blaster smiled. "It'll be an honour, M'Lady."

The Princess smiled, curtsied and retreated into her abode.

 

"I got a black berry lollipop from Darth Vader!" Bumblebee exclaimed excitedly.

"I got a kiss from Pocahontas," Skyfire smiled.

"Lucky thing!" Bumblebee smiled.

"Hey, I got more candy!" Blaster exclaimed.

"And like, wow, I got rock candy from The Tin Man!" Beachcomber said, showing it around.

"Like I hope the Decepticons don't decide to crash the party," Blaster said. "Now that would be scary..."

And then he laughed.

The Autobots looked at the happy costumed children and adults, dressed as witches, hobgoblins, ghosts, skeletons and various notable characters, all running amok in the street. The streets were alight with lit pumpkin jack-o-lanterns and fire torches, complete with wolf howling, witch cackling, screaming and other spooky sounds, definitely made this a night to remember.

The four Autobots smiled amongst themselves, as they went Trick or Treating to other houses along the street, the true spirit of Halloween prevailing. They began nibbling on their goodies, finding they were indeed compatible with their Transformer digestive systems - and this thing called chocolate was very pleasing!

Unbeknownst to the four Autobots, three other Transformers had also been joining in on the fun and enjoying it immensely.

"Oh no..." Blaster moaned, as he stopped, the other four almost bumping into him. "Look over there ..."

The three others looked into the distance and could just make out what Blaster saw, and they became ready to attack.

 

"What did you get?" Rumble asked.

"A packet of salt & vinegar flavoured potato slices," Frenzy replied, "from the Wicked Witch of the West..." he giggled. "She said they were called chips. How 'bout you?"

"Milk Chocolate block from Princess Leia. Whoo! What a human!"

They smiled and shared their goodies.

"Makes a change from energon...." Rumble said. "Gotta hand it to the humans - they sure know how to have a good time!"

"Yeah ... Wonder how all this started?"

"I read about it. Tonight's supposed to be the night the spirits of the dead come to life or something."

"Sounds spooky."

"But cool," Rumble admitted. "Wish we had something like this on Cybertron... Hey, we'd better start heading back."

"Damn... so soon?..."

"Soundwave said we had to be back by eleven and if Megatron finds out what we've been up to ... we'll be spirits of the dead..."

"Yeah .. speaking of the Wicked Witches of the West..."

Both Decepticons giggled.

"Where's our black cat gone? .... Ravage...."

The Decepticon panther bounded out from the shadows and Rumble fed him a piece of chocolate.

"If I hadn't've seen it with my own eyes, I wouldn't've believed it..." Skyfire said, staring.

"Ditto for the rest of us," Blaster said, dumbfounded.

 

The people on the street were quite excited to have Autobots in their midst, and the robots were quite flattered by the attention. And then something caught the Autobots' attention. A human woman, dressed in a white rag dress, walking slowly down the street. Her hair was long, blond and tattered, and her face was pale. She looked to be dressed as perhaps a witch or perhaps someone long dead. She may be just a human in costume, but she captivated the Autobots' attention and they started to follow her, as if mesmerised.

 

"We'd better go," Rumble said.

"C'mon .... Soundwave won't get mad if were a little late."

"It's not him I'm worried about."

"I suppose you're right. Let's...."

 

And then the attention of the three Decepticons was captivated by the sight of a slender, pale faced human female, seemingly walking toward them. Her smooth white face, blank and unreadable. Her pace was slow and she seemed to notice nothing around her. And the three Decepticons started to follow her. She seemed not to notice them either.

The young looking woman stopped as she came to a darkened graveyard and entered through the opening in the fence. The Autobots had also followed her here. The three Decepticons looked up and saw them. Blaster held his hands out, as a peaceful gesture showing he meant no harm, hoping the Decepticons would not attack, and they did not. The Transformers watched as the beautiful woman made her way into the graveyard. Her tattered white dress seeming to glow in the moonlight. All Transformers knew the significance of graveyards on All Hallows Eve and the seven could not help feeling a sense of eerieness about what they were witnessing, even if she was just a human in costume. She sat down on a rock, and began to sing. Her smooth, lovely feminine voice seemed to resonate through them penetrating and touching the deepest parts of their souls. A voice from the hevaens, but she sounded sad.After a while, she stopped singing, and to the Transformers' surprise, looked directly at them. Part of them was captivated by her, the other frightened. Her eyes spoke in volumes. She looked so sad, as if she had been lost for a thousand years, and then she smiled at them. A small smile, which they returned. The woman stood, and what would happen next, if they hadn't've seen with their own optics, the Transformers would not have believed. The winds began swirling, then a shimmering crystal light porthole opened behind the her. She turned and slowly stepped into it. The second she did, it was gone and so was she.

The seven Transformers stood there, speechless. Wondering about the woman, her beauty, innocence and sadness, but somehow they knew she had found her place in the Universe and were immensely grateful, even though they did not know who she was, where she had come fron, where she had gone or if she would ever return. The Autobots looked at the Decepticons, who had similar looks of bewilderment on their faces and then they went their separate ways.

The four Autobots arrived back at Autobot headquarters, shared their candy and told some of their friends what they saw - the ones who would believe them.

"You had a most profound experience," Optimus Prime said. "I have often heard of others seeing the spirits of the dead. It seems as though she was a lost soul."

"Do you think we'll see her again, Optimus?" Bumblebee asked.

"Who knows in such a vast Universe? She may return in a different form, but from what you all have told me, it seems as though she has found her peace."

Rumble, Frenzy and Ravage arrived back at Decepticon headquarters at 11.45.

"Sorry we're late, Soundwave..." confessed Rumble. "Please don't be upset with us. We-"

"I know. I was monitoring you visually," Soundwave said. "I trust you had a good time."

"Yeah, we did, thanks, Soundwave."

The tall slender blue Decepticon nodded and seemed to smile.

"Soundwave -- you monitored us visually, did you ... see her?"

"Affirmative," Soundwave replied quietly. "I did."

He would not admit that to anyone bar his casettes, not even Megatron.

"What do you think it meant?" Rumble had some idea, but was still unsure.

"There is a lot about this Universe we do not know," Soundwave told him. "There appears to be a lot more to death than many of us realise."

Soundwave was aware that he had answered Rumble's question with another, but he could not give an answer to something he himself was unsure of, but it served to satisfy the cassette's curiosity. If Rumble wanted to continue research in that area, he was most welcome to at his leisure.

After his cassettes had retreated to their private quarters, Soundwave could not help thinking about the strange, but beautiful woman. He recalled her face in the utmost detail. If beauty had a name, it would be hers, even though he did not know what it was. And her voice the most beautiful sound he had ever heard. He too felt as if she had been a lost soul, and could feel her when he looked through his viewer, even though he was many miles away from her, that she had found her place in the Universe, he could feel that and although he knew almost nothing of her, he felt an immense sense as gratitude and satisfaction and revamped his opinion on All Hallows Eve, otherwise known as Samhain. He knew now its true meaning. The mysteries and beauty of the universe never ceased to amaze him - this occurrence had opened yet another window which science could not explain.

Sarah watched over the strange metal beings from her place in the Light and gave them her all love, gratitude and blessings, for had it not been for their curiosity, love, understanding and warmth which she had never received in her short life, five hundred years ago on the physical plane, until she was burned at the stake as a witch and she would still be searching for her peace, perhaps for a thousand years if it had not been for these beautiful beings. And Sarah knew they would forever be protected and in time, and someday they would find their true place in the Universe.

 

*

 

Back to Autobot & Decepticon Fanfic Page

 

Back to Transformers Page