Disclaimers: Transformers are owned by Hasbro.

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic/fanart.

Summary: Slipstream's profile and story.

Author's Note: Slipstream created by Seawave and Equus.

Rating - PG

~~~~~~~~~~

 

SLIPSTREAM

ALLEGIANCE: NEUTRAL

FUNCTION:  N/A

"Fight to the death. Never surrender."

"In the winds you will find the answers."

Profile: An individualist. Always tries to be different from everyone else. He follows Destroyer's plans to the letter. Only loyal to Destroyer, his best and only friend and cares about him a lot. He would be absolutely helpless without Destroyer. Slipstream always fights on his own, but makes sure Destroyer's in his sights. He can be very ruthless. He has four modes, of which he prefers to stay in the wedge-tailed eagle mode, as it has most armament, and is very different looking. He feels too normal in his robot mode. When he transforms into panther mode, he changes his identity entirely and becomes Shadow. A more ruthless, colder fighter than Slipstream. Slipstream's eyes change colour, depending what mood he's in, if he's totally relaxed, they're blue, which is not very often. They're normally orange-red, but when he's mad, they become blood red. Slipstream can be very aggressive. Destroyer found him, dying on Cybertron. Slipstream was terrified and very uneasy at first, but Destroyer took him in and cared for him and repaired him, saving his life and as a result, gained an extremely loyal and caring friend. Slipstream also wants to help Tempest, but is wish enough not to push him about his past. Slipstream does not seem to know when enough is enough. Has deep respect for the winds of time and change.

Abilities: In wedge-tailed eagle mode, he has powerful, accurate, but flexible optical lasers. They can blast a large hole through an enemy, or light an incense stick. He also has shoulder mounted missile launchers. His beak and claws, in eagle mode are diamond-hard, sharp and powerful. In SR-71 Blackbird mode, his Maximum speed is Mach 7 - Range 18000 miles, but has little weaponry. In robot mode, he carries an neutron rifle, capable of firing three hundred rounds per minute. Shadow can fire immobiliser beams out of his optical sensors, immobilising his opponent for up to two minutes, making them an easy target for him. Had diamond hard claws and fangs. Slipstream changes colour to black when he transforms. He can also summon the wind, but it takes a lot out of him when he does this for long periods of time.

Weaknesses: In eagle mode, his wings are very sensitive. He depends on Destroyer too much. He can also be overprotective of Destroyer, which annoys Destroyer, although he appreciates the concern. Also, when Slipstream becomes Shadow, he has a danger of losing his identity and personality as Slipstream, a reason why he doesn't become shadow too often. Shadow's only weakness, is he hates water and gets frantic if he's caught in the rain. Slipstream is over dependant on Destroyer and needs to fins his own way.

 

-- TECH SPECS -- [SHADOW]

STRENGTH -- 6 -- STRENGTH -- 7

INTELLIGENCE -- 5

SPEED -- 8

RANK -- N/A

ENDURANCE -- 7

COURAGE -- 8

FIREPOWER -- 7

SKILL -- 6

 

SHADOW

 

STRENGTH -- 7

INTELLIGENCE -- 4

SPEED -- 5

RANK -- N/A

ENDURANCE -- 7

COURAGE -- 9

FIREPOWER -- 4

SKILL -- 4

 

~~~~~~~~

SLIPSTREAM

 

Slipstream was a neutral Transformer. He had four different Transforming modes: a wedge-tailed eagle, his robot mode, an SR-71 Blackbird jet and a panther. When he becomes the panther, he ceases to be Slipstream and becomes Shadow, he becomes ruthless and aggressive than Slipstream and virtually unstoppable. Shadow makes Slipstream nervous, and he rarely reverts to this form.

Slipstream is only loyal to Destroyer, his best and only friend. He has no real friends amongst the Autobots or Decepticons. He gets on with Tempest, the other neutral Transformer, but feels he can't really talk or relate to him. Tempest sometimes makes him nervous, but Slipstream knows Tempest would never hurt him or Destroyer.

            * * *

In the next battle, the Decepticons were losing and Slipstream, Destroyer and Tempest fought on their side. Slipstream transformed into his SR-71 Blackbird mode, swirled around, and blasted at the Autobots. He was sure every shot counted. He then transformed into his wedge-tailed eagle mode and fired his powerful optical lasers at them. Slipstream blasted the Autobot Mindwave. Optimus Prime blasted Slipstream's wing. Slipstream gave a squawk, transformed into his robot mode and crashed onto the ground, then stood up and violently attacked Optimus Prime. He threw him onto the ground and blasted him. Optimus Prime tried to stand, but Slipstream blasted him in his shoulder and stomach. He was about to blast him again, but Prowl blasted Slipstream just in time. He then knelt beside Optimus.

"Prime, are you all right?"

Optimus Prime was bleeding and unconscious.

"Ratchet ..." called Prowl. "Prime needs help."

Together, they carried him into the repair bay of Autobot headquarters.

"See what you can do for him."

"He's not badly wounded" Ratchet said. "Just a few blast wounds. He should he all right."

Prowl smiled, then walked back outside to join the battle.

The Decepticons later retreated. Slipstream, Destroyer and Tempest returned to their headquarters.

"Not a bad battle, was it?" asked Slipstream.

"Our side lost," scowled Destroyer.

"It'd be better if we won" agreed Slipstream, "but it was a great battle. Did you see what I did to Optimus Prime?"

"Yeah " said Destroyer. "I bet he's gonna be real pleased."

"Don't care" said Slipstream. "We weren't on his side today."

He then turned to Tempest. "How'd you reckon the battle was?"

Tempest said nothing for a moment.

"Okay" he said, walking away.

Slipstream wanted to talk to Tempest, but knew his colleague was a Transformer of very few words.

In the next battle, Slipstream, Destroyer and Tempest were fighting on the Autobots side. The Autobots managed to win the battle. After the battle, Slipstream saw Optimus Prime.

"Hey, no hard feelings, O.P?"

"No, Slipstream. No hard feelings. I don't hold grudges."

"Cool." Slipstream gave a short smile, then helped with repairs. He helped to repair Bumblebee.

"You should be okay now, little guy."

Bumblebee smiled. "Thanks."

Slipstream gave a short smile, then walked outside, transformed into his eagle mode and flew around for a while, before returning to Destroyer's headquarters.

"Where were you?" asked Destroyer. "I was getting worried."

"Sorry, Destroyer," said Slipstream apologetically. "I was helpin' the 'Bots repair, then went flyin.' I shoulda told you. Sorry ..."

"It's all right, Slipstream, just tell me in future and don't worry, I'm not your father."

Slipstream smiled.

            * * *

In the next battle, the threesome were fighting on the Decepticons' side. Slipstream transformed into his panther mode and became Shadow. He began to attack the Autobots with pure brute force and unstoppable violence. Mindwave, an Autobot was wounded in the battle. He began to stand. Shadow rushed at him and leapt on top of him. Mindwave tried to struggle away, but Shadow was too strong for him. Mindwave kept on trying. Shadow lifted up his paw. His claws shot out. He then slashed Mindwave across his face. Mindwave gasped with pain and put his hand over his cheek. Shadow was about to strike him again. Mindwave was very frightened. Calliber Tron, another Autobot then turned around and saw Shadow about to hurt Mindwave. He immediately blasted him and ran to Mindwave. Mindwave was crying with his face in his hands. Calliber Tron took Mindwave's face away from his hands and saw the deep slash from the top of his cheek to the bottom. Mindwave was crying and his face was bleeding heavily. Calliber Tron then turned to Shadow, lying on the ground. He kicked him as hard as he could in his stomach. Shadow was hurt. He let out a small whine. Calliber Tron then turned back to Mindwave and carried him inside.

Shadow weakly stood. He let himself regain his strength before he attacked Bumblebee. Bumblebee wasn't very strong compared to Shadow and couldn't fight back. Optimus Prime blasted at Shadow. Shadow leapt onto him. Optimus held Shadow's paws away from him. Shadow was quite strong. Optimus Prime threw Shadow over his head. He then heard a loud whine. Optimus stood up and turned around. He had accidentally thrown Shadow onto a sharp metal pole, sticking out of the ground. Optimus hadn't meant to hurt him. He walked to Shadow. The pole had stuck straight through Shadow's middle. Shadow was now unconscious from pain. Optimus Prime felt sorry for him, gently took him off the pole and carried him to the repair bay inside Autobot headquarters. He lay Shadow on the bed and began to repair him.

Shadow began to regain consciousness.

"You should be all right now, Shadow. "I'm sorry about..."

Shadow leapt forcefully onto Optimus Prime. Optimus was thrown backwards and his wrists were trapped under the metal cupboard doors. He tried, but he couldn't get them free. Shadow came closer, growling and bearing his teeth in a very threatening manner. Optimus drew his head backwards, as far as he could. Shadow leapt onto him. He raised his paw. Optimus Prime looked uneasily at Shadow's diamond-hard claws. Shadow then growled louder and looked more menacing. He drew his head closer to Optimus Prime's face, bearing his teeth. Optimus looked uneasily at him. Shadow then licked Optimus Prime's face and ran off. Needless to say Optimus quite surprised and quite relieved. He then smiled and managed to wriggle his sore wrists free.

Shadow attacked other Autobots and suddenly felt a large hand grab him. It was Metroplex, the largest Autobot. Shadow tried to bite his fingers, but his teeth wouldn't penetrate. Metroplex tightened his grip on Shadow's body.

"Let go ..." he growled.

Metroplex tightened his grip further. Shadow tried to scratch him and continued to bite him, but Metroplex continued to tighten his grip. It was hurting. Shadow violently tried to struggle free. Metroplex further tightened his grip. Shadow couldn't stand the pain anymore and started to whine. Metroplex looked at him in surprise, then loosened his grip and threw Shadow onto the ground, near his huge foot. Shadow transformed into Slipstream.

"Ohhh ... I never wanna go through that again ..."

Metroplex moved his foot.

"Hey, big guy ..." said Slipstream, "I ... I was just leaving..."

Slipstream stood, flew away from Metroplex and joined another part of the battle. He attacked Mindwave aggressively. Mindwave put on his cute `doggy eyes' to try to get Slipstream not to attack him.

"That won't work with me, Autobot," said Slipstream, aiming his neutron rifle at him.

Mindwave was frightened. He tried to escape, but Slipstream wouldn't let him. He grabbed Mindwave's arm and pointed his neutron rifle at his head. Slipstream then felt a tap on his shoulder. He uneasily turned around. Calliber Tron was pointing his shatterblaster at Slipstream's face, at very close range.

"Hi," he said, smiling.

"Uh ... Hi, Cal. I was just helping him up..."

Slipstream helped Mindwave up off the ground. "See?"

Calliber Tron gave a forced smile.

The Decepticons began to retreat from the battle.

"There you go, Mindy," said Slipstream, patting him on his back.

Mindwave scowled.

"Beat it," ordered Calliber Tron, coldly.

"Hey, no problem."

Slipstream then retreated with Destroyer and Tempest.

"A great battle" he said. " You should've seen the prac I pulled on Optimus Prime as Shadow! ... You should've seen his face! HAH!!"

Slipstream laughed. Destroyer smiled.

Slipstream collapsed onto the floor. "Sure was a long battle. I'm buggered!"

Destroyer smiled again. "No wonder!"

            * * *

In the next battle, Slipstream was fighting on the Autobots side. He saw Optimus Prime and burst out laughing. Optimus knew what he was laughing about.

"It was a good one, Slipstream," he admitted. "Calliber Tron would approve."

Slipstream smiled. "Thanks!"

Optimus Prime smiled back at him. Slipstream began to battle the Decepticons. The Autobots managed to win the battle.

After the battle, Slipstream was in Shadow mode. All of a sudden, he lost control and started attacking anything that moved. The Autobots tried to calm him down for hours, but nothing worked. He attacked them if they came near him. Mindwave walked very slowly up to Shadow, behind him.

"Shadow ..." he said softly.

Shadow spun around, growling and bearing his teeth. Mindwave knelt down on the ground and held his hand out to Shadow. Shadow sniffed it.

"It's all right, Shadow," said Mindwave gently.

Shadow came a little closer to him. Mindwave then smiled and gently stroked him. Shadow wouldn't let any other Autobots near him, but let Mindwave play with him. Calliber Tron smiled and took a few secret pictures. Mindwave gently scratched Shadow's neck. Shadow began purring loudly. Mindwave managed to calm him down completely. Shadow gained enough control to transformed back into Slipstream.

"Dunno how you managed that, Mindy, but thanks, it sure worked."

Mindwave smiled and stood up. Slipstream returned to his headquarters.

Somehow Calliber Tron found out that Slipstream was very vulnerable to tickling and set up a trap for him.

At the next battle when Slipstream was fighting on the Decepticons side, Calliber Tron and some other Autobots cornered him and pointed their weapons at him in a threatening manner.

"Drop it," ordered Calliber Tron. "And don't think about becomin' that Shadow dude."

Slipstream saw he had no choice, but to drop his neutron rifle. Calliber Tron then tied his wrists and ankles with energon bands. Slipstream felt uneasy and tried to struggle free, but the Autobots looked as though they were just about to fire. Slipstream kept still.

"You're gonna die ..." smirked Calliber Tron.

Slipstream couldn't help feeling frightened. The Autobots then put down their weapons and started to tickle him. Slipstream gasped and let out a short laugh. They began to tickle Slipstream in other parts of his body. Slipstream burst out laughing - he couldn't help it. He hated it. He couldn't stand it! Slipstream started screaming, but he was half laughing. He violently tried to struggle free.

"Stop it!!!" he yelled, half laughing, half screaming.

The Autobots laughed and continued to tickle him. Slipstream was still yelling.

"Stop it!!" he yelled, louder and angrier.

The Autobots continued to tickle him. Slipstream couldn't stand it! It was like torture. He extremely violently, vigorously and aggressively tried to struggle free. Slipstream started to feel sick. Calliber Tron and the other Autobots didn't notice this. They continued to tickle him. Slipstream, all of a sudden, vomited.

"Lay off, guys," said Calliber Tron. "He's had enough."

"I told you to stop it ..." said Slipstream, angrily.

The other Autobots left. calliber Tron freed Slipstream from the energon bands. As soon as one of Slipstream's arms was free, he bashed Calliber Tron as hard as he could in his face.

"Hey ..." said Calliber Tron, "... can't you take a joke?..."

"Ha ... Ha ... Ha ... very funny ... " said Slipstream sarcastically. "I've heard Cyclonus crack better ones. Get stuffed."

Calliber Tron let out a small snicker and left.

Destroyer saw Slipstream lying on the ground. He walked over to him.

"What happened?"

"Somehow that blasted Calliber Tron found out that I was ticklish and had a go at me. Ooohhh I could just kill him!"

Destroyer chuckled and knelt down next to him. He gave Slipstream a little tickle on his hip.

"Get out!" Slipstream, frowned and pushed Destroyer's hand away.

Destroyer smiled. "Sorry ..."

"Don't be sorry, Destroyer ... I didn't mean to be-"

"Slipstream, it's all right. If you don't want me to do something, just say so."

After the battle, the trio retreated to their headquarters.

In the next battle, Slipstream, Destroyer and Tempest fought on the Decepticons side. After the battle, at Destroyer's headquarters, he had captured an unconscious Autobot, Cliffjumper.

"What do you want me to do with the Autobot?" asked Slipstream.

"Whatever you want to do with him, Slipstream."

"But what do you want, Destroyer?"

"I don't care."

"But ..."

"Can't you make a decision for yourself, Slipstream? " asked Destroyer a little angry. "If I told you to kill Cliffjumper, you would. If I told you to leave him alone, you would. What do you want?"

Slipstream was speechless. He didn't know what to do or say.

"What do you want to do with him, Slipstream?" asked Destroyer again.

"Whatever you want me to do, Destroyer."

Destroyer sighed. "I want you to make your own decision. You've got to learn to make your own decisions. What if I get killed? Who'll make your decisions then?"

"Don't say that, Destroyer ..." said Slipstream, looking at the floor. He felt upset.

"Slipstream," said Destroyer, gently in his deep voice, lifting up his head, "you really have to learn to make your own decisions. If you don't agree with something I say, tell me."

"I ... I can't ..."

"Yes, you can."

"All right" Slipstream said, quickly. "I don't feel like killing Cliffjumper."

"That's good, Slippers."

"Don't call me, Slippers! ... Dessie ..."

Destroyer laughed. "Hey, don't call me Dessie, okay?"

"Why not?" protested Slipstream. "You called me-"

"You're arguing with me, Slipstream," pointed out Destroyer.

Slipstream fell dead silent and looked at the floor. "I ... I... I'm sorry ..." he said quietly and a little frightened.

"Slipstream, don't be sorry and don't be scared. I'm not going to blast you just be cause you argued with me. It's good that you argued with me. It shows you have a personality of your own."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

Slipstream smiled. "Let's let this Autobot go. Megatron wanted us to capture him. Since when do we follow his orders?"

Slipstream released Cliffjumper, who had by this time, regained consciousness.

            * * *

At Decepticon headquarters ...

"I have a plan ..." said Megatron. "We all know how Destroyer and his team always fight on the losing side, well, we'll attack the Autobots with our new weapon, but we'll make it look like we're losing the battle, but in reality, it will be the Autobots that will be losing ..."

Megatron laughed evilly.

The Decepticons, attacked the Autobots and put their plan into operation.

Destroyer's computer gave a loud bleep.

"Slipstream, see what's up, would ya?"

"Sure." He looked at the computer screen. "It's a battle, and the Decepticons really need our help. They're like severely losing."

"Quickly" snapped Destroyer. "To the battle site!"

They immediately left to attack the Autobots.

Meanwhile, in the battle, it was the Autobots that were like severely losing the battle. Megatron smiled as his plan was working perfectly. Slipstream, Destroyer and Tempest had all come to fight on his side. This was much worse for the Autobots. The battle somehow felt strange for Slipstream, Destroyer and Tempest. Towards the end of the battle, Slipstream heard Megatron, talking to the other Decepticons about how successful his plan was.

"WHAT???!!! YOU TRICKED US!!!"

Slipstream was absolutely furious. He blasted at Megatron. Megatron was low on energy and couldn't use his fusion cannon. He immediately flew away as fast as he could. Slipstream told Destroyer.

"Megatron will pay for this!" said Destroyer furiously, firing up his plasma-pulse charge cannon.

"The bugger split," said Slipstream. "Let me get him, Destroyer, please? ..."

"Go for it, Slipstream, but be careful."

"Megatron's in for the surprise of his life ..."

Slipstream then transformed into his SR-71 Blackbird mode and flew full speed to Decepticon headquarters and managed to get inside. Slipstream managed to crack the code to Megatron's private quarters. He was quite good at that sort of thing. He went inside, leaving the light turned off. Slipstream sat on a ledge and waited for Megatron.

A short while later, Megatron entered his private quarters.

"That Slipstream gives me the creeps ..."

"That's nice to know, Megatron..."

Megatron spun around. And saw Slipstream, lying on the ledge, pointing his neutron rifle at him.

"How ... how did you get in here? ..."

"I flew."

Slipstream stood, still pointing his rifle at Megatron.

"You don't think I'm gonna let you get away with this, do you, Meggers?"

Megatron tried to go for Slipstream, but the Neutral Transformer blasted him. Slipstream locked the door from the inside using the remote control device. Megatron tried to grab it, but Slipstream threw it to the other side of the room.

"You should be proud of me, Megatron. You always say - be ruthless and merciless - well I am --"

Megatron looked uneasily at Slipstream's neutron rifle.

"Well ... this ... is ... is ... different ..."

"Is it?"

Before Megatron could answer, Slipstream blasted him three times in his chest and stomach. Megatron fell to the floor in pain. Slipstream blasted him a few more times.

"This is only a warning," he said. "If you pull this stunt ever again, I won't hesitate to kill."

Slipstream then kicked Megatron in his stomach, then grabbed the remote control, opened the door and walked away. Megatron's pain and anger melded together. He wanted Slipstream to pay for what he had done, but then he deserved, this didn't he, although Megatron would deny that. And he couldn't help feeling a grudging respect for the slender white Neutral.

Slipstream passed Soundwave on his way out of Decepticon headquarters.

"Have you seen Megatron, Slipstream?"

"Uh ... yeah ... He's in his quarters ... Uhh ... now isn't a real good time to talk to him ..."

Soundwave have Slipstream a puzzled look and left to find Megatron. Slipstream left for his headquarters.

"I took care of Megatron."

"What did you do?" asked Destroyer.

"Let's just say I scared him more than Shadow scared Prime."

Destroyer smiled. "I don't think Megatron'll try that again."

"But knowing him, he'll try something else."

"If he does, I'll be ready ... Ooohhh I've had fun this week. Great battles ... scaring the lubricant out of Optimus Prime ... and Megatron ..." Slipstream laughed, sat down and drank an energon cube.

"I can't wait until the next battle ..."

            * * *

Destroyer was wounded in the next battle and Slipstream was very worried. Since they fought on the Autobots side, the Autobots were repairing him. Optimus Prime saw how worried Slipstream was.

"Slipstream," he said, "if you don't mind me asking, why do you care for Destroyer so much - not that it's a bad thing, mind you."

"It's a long story, Prime - and it's private. I can't tell anyone else. They'd turn around and blab."

"I promise it will remain strictly confidential. But if you still don't want to tell me, I won't force you to."

There was something about Optimus Prime's voice which set Slipstream at ease, as if he wanted to tell him. "Are you sure you won't tell anyone else? I mean ..."

"I'm sure, Slipstream. I never break promises."

"All right ... but if I find out that you've told anyone,

I'll-"

"No need for threats, Slipstream. I gave you my word."

"Sorry ..."

Slipstream followed Optimus Prime into his quarters.

"Well ..." began Slipstream. "... It was millions of years ago. I don't know where on Cybertron or exactly when I was created, or who created me. During my creation, I was dumped in a garbage heap because of a severe malfunction ..."

Slipstream flashed back. "There I was, lying on the ground in agony ... helpless, frightened, cold and hungry. I couldn't see or move."

Optimus Prime looked very sympathetic.

"No one wanted me ..." continued Slipstream. "I was just a piece of junk, left there to die."

"The Autobots would have helped you, Slipstream," said Optimus Prime.

"I didn't know that Prime. I didn't know anything then. And the Autobots weren't there. I... I heard a battle a few hours later. I wondered what was going on. I wanted to see, but realised I couldn't. I thought I probably would never be able to do anything ... Hours after the battle ended, I heard footsteps, coming down the alley where I lay on the ground. They came closer and closer. I became frightened. All of a sudden, the footsteps stopped. Whoever it was, was near me. I felt very frightened. They picked me up. I became even more frightened, but could do nothing about it. I wondered what they were going to do to me. I then felt myself being carried away for a long while. Then, whoever was carrying me, stopped. I heard him open a door and walk into some kind of place. I felt him lie me down on a bed, like the one I was created on. I was frightened. What if he threw me out? I probably would've started crying, if my optical sensors functioned. I was shivering. I felt the other Transformer touch me. I tried to move away, but was totally paralysed. I then felt him repair me, but wasn't sure what he was doing. It hurt a little. He spent quite a long time repairing me. He then repaired my optical sensors. I could then see. I then quickly stood up off the bed and looked around. I was very frightened.

'Don't be scared ...' came a voice. 'Nobody's going to hurt you.'

I looked where the voice came from and looked at the Transformer. He seemed nice, but I wasn't sure. He was larger than I was. I was still frightened.

'Hey,' he said, 'I said I'm not gonna hurt you.'

I smiled shyly.

"You were shy?" asked Optimus Prime in surprise.

"Well ... yeah ..." said Slipstream quickly. "But that was a long time ago. Sssshhhh."

Optimus smiled and nodded.

"He then came towards me" Slipstream continued. "I backed away from him."

'Nervous little thing, aren't you,' he said, smiling. 'Listen - I saved your life. Why would I wanna hurt you?'

I allowed him to come close to me and he gave me an energon cube.

'My name's Destroyer. What's yours?'

'N...ame..." I shook my head. I didn't understand.

'Sheesh, they sure treated you like scrap...' he said. 'You'll have to choose a name for yourself.'

Destroyer helped me, but in time, I chose the name Slipstream.

Ever since then, I've always trusted his every word. Destroyer has always cared for and looked out for me. Ever since then, we've been best friends. Destroyer taught me everything I know. He was like a father to me. I was nothing before he found me. If it wasn't for him, I'd be dead. I owe him my life. He even calls to call me `Slippers' for short." Both Slipstream and Optimus Prime smiled. "But I hate anyone else calling me that!"

"Thank you, Slipstream" said Optimus Prime.

"Thank me? For what?"

"Telling me about yourself - your history about you and Destroyer. You can always relate to a person better if you know more about them."

"It's all right, but please don't tell anyone."

"I promised won't" promised Optimus Prime. "My audio is sealed."

Slipstream smiled and left for his headquarters, happy to have Destroyer alive and well.

            * * *

In the next battle, Destroyer was severely wounded by a salvo of missiles.

"DESTROYER!!!" yelled Slipstream, horrified, dropping his neutron rifle and running to him.

He fell onto his knees next to Destroyer and tried to wake him up. "No ... no ... please no..."

Slipstream ran to Ratchet.

"Ratchet ... Ratchet ... Destroyer needs your help ...Please, Ratchet ..." Slipstream was crying. "He's ... he's dying ... please hurry ..."

Ratchet nodded. He and a few other Autobots rushed Destroyer inside. Slipstream couldn't bear to look at Destroyer's mutilated body. He turned away.

"Please help him, Ratchet ..." he said, his voice shivering.

"Try not to worry. I'll do everything I can for him, Slipstream, I promise."

"Th ... Thank you."

Slipstream couldn't stop shivering. Ratchet put his hand on Slipstream's shoulder.

"I don't know if I can repair him," said Ratchet truthfully. "It looks bad, but I promise, I'll do my best. Just rest for a while, and stop worrying."

"I can't."

Slipstream watched Ratchet rush into the repair bay. Slipstream walked outside and knelt on the grass. He put his face in his hands and cried. Tempest came to him. He felt sorry for both Slipstream and Destroyer. He walked to Slipstream and gently put his hand on his shoulder. Slipstream touched it. Tempest saw that he was crying.

"You not cry before."

"I ...I can't live without Destroyer ..." wailed Slipstream, shivering. " I need him ... He's my best friend... My only friend... I'll kill myself if he dies..."

"No kill self."

"I can't go on without him, Tempest ... It's not that I don't like you ... but Please leave me alone ..."

"Here if need me."

Slipstream managed a small smile. "Thanks."

Tempest respected Slipstream's feelings and returned to headquarters by himself.

Ratchet spent many hours repairing Destroyer.

"He was very badly wounded ..." he said to himself. "I've done everything I can for him ... I don't think he's going to... I hope Slipstream can manage ..."

Optimus Prime came into the repair bay. "How's Destroyer?"

"Not good, I'm afraid. To tell you the truth, Prime, I don't think he's going to make it."

Optimus Prime felt upset.

"How is Slipstream gonna take this? ..."

"I wish we didn't have to tell him," said Optimus Prime. "But it has to be done."

He and Ratchet then walked out of the repair bay. Slipstream saw them.

"Ratchet ..." he asked quickly, "how's Destroyer? ... Is he-"

Ratchet took a deep breath.

" Slipstream ... "

Ratchet then paused.

"Slipstream ... I'm sorry ... I did everything I could for him, but-"

Slipstream was horrified. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

His optical sensors filled with tears. He then ran out of Autobot headquarters and fell on his knees onto the ground outside, face in hands, bawling. Ratchet came to him and put his hand gently on his shoulder.

"Slipstream ..."

Slipstream roughly pushed it off. "Go away!"

"I'm sorry, Slipstream ... I did everything I could-"

"Not your fault ... " said Slipstream, in gasps.

Ratchet stayed by him.

"Could I ... could I see him please?" asked Slipstream, shivering.

"Of course you can" said Ratchet.

Slipstream stood, then collapsed. Ratchet helped him up. Slipstream could hardly walk straight. Ratchet took him into the repair bay.

"Is there ... any...thing I can do?" asked Slipstream, "donate any of my circuits ... anything ... "

"No, there isn't. I repaired all his damaged circuits and internal organs, but ... I'm sorry ... I'll leave you alone with him."

Slipstream sadly nodded, biting his lower lip. Ratchet walked out of the repair bay. Slipstream then looked at Destroyer's body. He put his hands gently onto Destroyer's stomach. Tears streamed down his face.

"I can't live without you ... Destroyer ... why did this have to happen to you ... why not me ...?"

Slipstream then gently hugged his friend. Slipstream felt Destroyer's cold body getting a little warmer. He then looked at the life support machine. All the lines were dead straight. Slipstream cried hugged Destroyer harder, burying his head into his body, still crying. He failed to notice the lines starting to go a little wavy. Destroyer was warming up and somehow reactivating. Destroyer saw Slipstream hugging him and crying.

"Don't cry ... Slippers..."

"DESTROYER!!!"

"What gives?"

"Ratchet told me you weren't going to make it ... I couldn't live without you, Destroyer ... I ... I couldn't stand it ..."

Destroyer gave a little smile.

"You worry too much ..."

"Shut up ... Destroyer ... I couldn't cope if you died..." Slipstream hugged Destroyer hard.

"Hey ... easy..." Destroyer coughed.

"Sorry."

Destroyer smiled too.

"It's all right. Y know, we're even now."

"Even?"

"Yeah. I saved your life and you saved mine."

"I saved you?"

"Yes. Ratchet repaired me, but your friendship kept me alive, thanks, Slipstream."

Slipstream smiled. "Anything."

Destroyer was still quite weak. Slipstream helped walk him out of the repair bay.

"Ratchet! Ratchet!" Slipstream exclaimed excitedly. "Look!"

The Autobot CMO spun around and could not believe his optical sensors.

"But how-"

"Destroyer says it was our friendship that kept him alive. Sorry 'bout the mush, but it's true."

Ratchet smiled, feeling grateful. Slipstream then looked at him.

"Thanks, Ratty" Slipstream said. "You don't mind me calling you that, do you?"

"No, Slippy." Ratchet smiled. "That's two you guys owe me!"

Both Slipstream and Destroyer smiled as well.

"If there's anything you want, Ratchet ... just tell me," Destroyer said.

"I'm a doctor - saving lives is the best reward one could hope for." Ratchet brought both Slipstream and Destroyer an energon cube each.

"Thanks, Ratty."

"It's okay, Slippy."

Slipstream smiled and then left for his headquarters with Destroyer. When they arrived, Slipstream gave Destroyer a big hug.

"Hey ..."

"Destroyer ... I really thought you were ..."

A tear rolled down Slipstream's cheek.

"Hey ... what's with the water works? ..."

"I thought you were dead ... I couldn't live without you ... You're my best friend - my only fiend. I can never find another friend like you."

"You're special to me too, Slipstream."

"I am?"

"Yeah. You're my best friend too."

Slipstream smiled.

"Not as special as you, though" he said.

"Slipstream ... I was heartbroken, when you almost died. You mean a lot to me."

"I know ... Ditto."

The friends smiled.

"Slipstream, promise me, if I do ever die, that you'll take care of yourself? I know it'll be hard for you, but you have got to try."

There was a pause. "Okay, Destroyer, I promise, but you have to promise me the same thing."

Destroyer sighed and smiled. "'Kay."

            * * *

The next day the Decepticons attacked the Autobots. The Autobots counterattacked them. The Decepticons began to lose the battle. Slipstream, Destroyer and Tempest fought on their side.

During the battle, Slipstream saw Motormaster, a Decepticon blast Ratchet. Ratchet fell to the ground. Motormaster walked to Ratchet and pointed his atom-smasher cannon at close range at his head. Slipstream knew there was no way Ratchet would survive the blast.

I know I'm supposed to be fighting on the Decepticons side, Slipstream thought but Ratchet saved my and Destroyer's life and by golly I'll save his!

Slipstream carefully aimed his neutron rifle at Motormaster and blasted him. Motormaster fell to the ground, unconscious. Slipstream walked to Ratchet and helped him up.

"But you ... you're meant to be on the Decepticons side in this battle ..." he said, confused. "Why did you help me?"

"You saved both our lives. No matter what side I'm fighting on, I'll always remember and respect that."

Ratchet smiled. Slipstream then returned to his headquarters with Destroyer and Tempest.

"I saved Ratchet's today" he told Destroyer. "Even though we were fighting on the 'Cons side, Ratchet saved both our lives. I felt I had to return the favour."

Tempest honoured Slipstream's decision and retreated to his private quarters.

Destroyer smiled. "I feel the same. I'll always remember what he did for us."

"Me too" said Slipstream.

He then looked into the sky. "It was a good battle" he said, offering Destroyer an energon cube.

Destroyer drank it. "Thanks."

Slipstream smiled and drank his cube.

"I can't wait for the next battle. Who knows what'll happen?!"

Both Slipstream and Destroyer smiled.

 

 

*

 

 

 

Back to Neutral Fanfic Page

 

Back to Transformers Page