Disclaimers: Saint George (Lucasfilm) crated the Star Wars Universe.  Lucasfilm owned by Disney. George Lucas created the Star Wars Universe. Movies by 20th Century Fox/Disney.

Also references the Star Wars Cook Book II Written by Frankie Frankeny & Wesley Martin.

I make no Republic Datari {Credits}, Peggats, Truguts, Wupiupi, etc from my fanfic/ fanart/ fan funnies.  Story written purely for enjoyment and the only profit I make is the happiness my writing brings.   The Force is With You Always :)

 

This story is written purely for enjoyment and the only profit I make is the happiness my writing brings others.

 

Summary: Your love saves Qui-Gon.

 

Author's acknowledgements and notes: With thanks to The Corrs for the song Runaway, playing one late night in a Supermarket, when I was depressed whilst grocery shopping and thinking of Qui-Gon.  And to the night packers at Coles. And yes, I really do that with my shopping trolleys! ;}  {To find out what, red the story :}   Anyway, without much further ado, enjoy!   I don't usually write in second person, but it turned out quite well!  At the time of finishing this, it is Summer in the Southern Hemisphere {December}. This story took me two years to finish …. Man I SO need more time to write!!!!  

Rating – PG

Romance {Het}, drama, action, comedy, fantasy, sci-fi, the lot!

 

So! … Happy….

 

 

Solstice!  {Peace ritual of honouring the life-giving the Sun & changing seasons - Winter Solstice {Yule~Midwinter} Northern Hemisphere & Summer Solstice {Litha~Midsummer} Southern Hemisphere}  ~ Pagan

 

Christmas!  {Celebration of the Birth of the Sage Jesus the Christ and the teachings of love, peace and Unity he brought to the world} - Christian

Hanukkah!  {Also Chanukah, Festival of Lights, wonders, salvation, family and community}

 

Diwali  {Also Deepavali, Festival of Lights, of peace, prosperity and personal triumphs over good & evil} - Hindu, Jainism, Sikhism & Buddhism. And Also…

Happy Uttarayana & Dakshinayana!  {Hindu Solstice}

 

Kwanzaa!  {Festival of Unity, Self-Determination, Purplse, Creativity & Faith} - African American

 

Yalda!  {Iranian Solstice}

 

Saturnalia!  {Hellenic Solstice ritual of to honour the God Saturn {Kronos}

 

Korochun!  {Slovakian Solstice}

 

 

 

PEACE!

 

 

And to all a good nite!

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Runaway ...

 

You sigh to yourself as you sit upon your newly bought wrought iron bed, after having seen Harry Potter and he Philosopher's Stone for the sixth time and sighing lovingly at all the Alan Rickman scenes and you plan to read J. K. Rowling's masterpieces again.

The movie may have taken your focus away from real life for a while, but now you are back in it and depressed again. You think about the trailer you saw before the movie, for Star Wars: Episode II: Rise of the Empire. You refuse to call it 'Attack of the Clones.'

The trailer looks awesome, the next chapter in this epic, dramatic saga, but you cried silent tears all the way through it.

You miss Qui-Gon. Truly, Madly, Deeply.

You stand from your bed and decide to go shopping. Sometimes that helps to alleviate a depressed mind. That and chocolate and ginger beer... It's late and there's little open, but the supermarkets are open 'till midnight.

You prefer to shop at night, hardly any people and no screaming children, especially so close to Christmas. And it gives you a chance to catch up with the friendly night packers, who have been wondering what happened to you, as you haven't been in the store for quite a while.

As you glide down the isles, you twirl your trolley around, and let it go spinning down the isle. You sure as Hades can't do that on a Saturday morning...

Subtly, 'The Corrs' song 'Run Away' plays through the speakers.

'I would run away ... I would run away ... yeah ... I would run away ... I would run away with you ...'

All you can think bout is running away with Qui-Gon Jinn.

'I would run away ... I would run away ... yeah ... I would run away .... I would run away with you ...'

You continue on your way. In the next isle, you grumble as the Milo is out of your reach.

"Let me get that for you..."

You are about to thank the tall man, when you realise his voice sounds familiar.

You turn your head around and you are staring directly at Qui-Gon Jinn.

You stare at the six foot plus man standing in front of you. He smiles as he reaches up, gets the extra large tin of Milo with '33 and a half percent free' and places it into your trolley.

"Kw ... K ... Qui...Gon..."

"Yes," he says. Gently, he takes your hand. "Thank you ..."

The Corrs sing again. 'I have run away ... I have run away yeah ... I have run away .. run away .. I have run away with you ...'

"W ... what for ... I ..."

"Saving my life ... Your love brought me here."

"It did? I did?"

"Yes," he says softly.

"My pleasure ... I ... I can't believe ..."

The Jedi Master chuckles softly. "It is rather strange, isn't it? I could hardly believe it myself, but you know what they say - 'Truth is stranger than fiction.' "

You hold his hand tightly, then throw your arms around him. He returns the embrace as you walk down the isle with him.

Shopping with Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn. Just imagine what the tabloids would do with that, if they could believe it!

"How about this one?" Qui-Gon says, holding up a bar of cheap chocolate.

"Uh-Uh, it has to be these."

"But that's seven times more expensive."

"Trust me, it's worth it. It tastes a hundred times better."

He smiles. "Well I guess you'd know the chocolates of your galaxy better than I."

You chuckle as you place the metal container, shaped like a milk urn of Lindt milk chocolate balls into the trolley.

"Ohh my Gods ..." a soft voice says.

Both you and Qui turn to see a beautiful dark haired woman in a long white dress.

"Your name is Liam Neeson," you whisper to Qui-Gon. "You look like a gorgeous famous actor here."

"Oh? I do?"

Shyly, the woman approaches. She takes Qui-Gon's hand. "Thank you .." she says sincerely. "I learned so much from Qui-Gon. Thank you."

The Jedi Master smiles. "What's your name?"

"Celesta."

"Well, Celesta, it's my pleasure and don't worry, your brother is going to be fine."

Celesta looks into his oceanic blue eyes, then smiles. "May The Force be With You..."

"And also with you."

She leaves, tears of joy in her eyes.

You smile. "You know you're an inspiration, don't you?"

He smiles warmly. "I do what I must," he says gently, "for a peaceful Universe."

"And that's what makes you so special."

"No more special than you ... In the short time I've known you, you have shown me so much love, devotion and compassion. One does not have to be a Jedi Master to save the Universe."

Touched, you embrace him, a gentle gesture which he returns.

And Qui-Gon can't resist buying a soft fluffy, depressed looking Eeyore from Winnie The Pooh. "He looks like he needs a hug."

You smile and hug both Qui-Gon and Eeyore.

And the supermarket did accept republic credits!

* * *

As you enter your home, Qui-Gon senses your feelings.

"Don't be embarrassed, you think my place is always tidy?"

You smile. "No, but ..."

Gently, he takes your hand and you enter your new abode.

"Sorry, I haven't got everything unpacked yet ..."

He smiles again. "It's fine." He speaks after a pause. "You saved me ... Your love brought me here ...From the battle. Maul was about to kill me ...And the next thing I knew, I was here ..."

"I ..."

Again, Qui-Gon smiles. "No, you haven't buggered up the space-time continuum," he says, as if sensing your thoughts. "Don't worry. What's meant to happen has happened, strange though it may seem."

You embrace him. "I'm glad you're here."

"As am I ... Although we met less than an hour ago, I feel I have known you all my life and beyond."

"I feel the same. Perhaps we have met, somewhere a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away ..."

Qui-Gon smiles. "Of course ... I realise now ... That battle with Maul happened over ten thousand years ago ... and we must have known each other from then or perhaps before." Gently, he places his arms around you, and you feel as though you're melting into him. There is no place in the entire Universe you'd rather be.

He smiles warmly. "Now, get some rest, you're very tired." Slowly, he leans forward and kisses your forehead. You don't want to sleep. Qui-Gon picks you up and places you onto your soft bed. "Get some rest," he says, his eyes twinkling.

"Yes, Master," you say with a smile, "but what about you?"

"Don't worry about me, I'll be fine."

You curl up with your arms around Doggie your almost metre high, striped multicoloured toy dog and you catch the subtle scent of your herbal dream pillow, though tonight one of your dearest dreams has come true. Gently, Qui-Gon kisses your cheek and watches over you while you sleep.

* * *

You awaken slowly, then drift off back to sleep. It is another hour before you feel like stirring. Again you smell your dream pillow and make a mental note to buy another one as it's bloody marvellous. You think about last night... Shopping with

Qui-Gon ... it felt so real ... but how could it be? How in the Universe could that be real? Qui-Gon Jinn at your local supermarket. As if ...

"Sleep well, Little One?"

You see him standing in the bright kitchen, making breakfast. You also see that all your belongings have been unpacked. Everything is in its place. You hug him vigorously. He chuckles. "I assure you, I'm quite real."

He wipes a few wayward tears away and smiles. "I couldn't sleep ... Oh and about those cockroaches ... They won't be troubling you again. Little Force trick I learned from Yaddle. Don't worry, they weren't harmed, slightly ruffled maybe ..."

You smile. You always thought he was so gentle that he wouldn't even stomp on a cockroach. Now you knew. "Thank you ... For everything ..."

"My pleasure." He smiles warmly and brings you a healthy breakfast in bed and you are relieved - He's a Master chef too.

"Thanks .. I never had breakfast in bed before."

"I've never made breakfast in bed for anyone before ... well besides Obi-Wan, when he was eight and sick in bed."

"Did he come with you?" you ask.

"Perhaps. I saw a bright light and was drawn through it ... I can't be sure, but I think Maul may have entered also."

You tense. "I won' let anything happen to you, I promise."

"Promise me you won't do anything foolish."

"All right ... I promise I won't belly dance."

Qui-Gon laughs and almost spills his milk. "You know what I mean."

"I know ..."

You mix four heaped tablespoons of the Milo into he milk and stir, so it sits on the top.

"This is a delicacy I invented. You begin to eat the cool, crunchy Milo and show Qui-Gon.

"Mmm ... it is nice ..."

And you give him one of he red Lindt balls.

"Ooh ... Now I see the difference." He smiles.

You bring him some soft ginger biscuits.

"Lovely," he says. "You’re a good cook."

"Not as good as you."

He chuckles.

"Look."

You show him the Star Wars cookbook with the recipe for Qui-Hon Jinn-ger snaps. The Jedi Master laughs. "I’ve never made ginger snaps in my life, though they look rather nice." He has another one.

"Let’s make some," you say excitedly.

Qui-Gon smiles and gives you a kiss.

And you get the ingredients ready and start to make the biscuits. Part of you is still wondering ‘is this real?’ Making cookies with Qui-Gon. Yes, however strange it seems, it is real and you thank the Gods, the Force, your guardian angels ...

Qui-Gon takes the baked biscuits out of the oven. You allow them to cool before you have one.

"Mmm ... Very nice."

He smiles and shares one with you. "What’s Obi-Wan’s recipe?"

"There are a few with you guys."

You show him the Forceful Frittata, to which he can’t stop laughing ... Bubble City Salad ...

"Not sure I want to try that.."

"The Nabooli Forest was nice, I made that once. With the Obi-Wan and you action figures and everything." You show him a photograph.

"Now that one does look rather interesting... I wonder what Darth Maul... then again I don’t wanna know ..."

You both laugh.

"You might like Anakin’s Apple Crisp."

Qui-Gon chuckles, though he looks sad. Gently, you take his hand.

"Qui-Gon I know you wanted to rescue Shmi and you will. You might think you didn’t go to Tatooine to rescue the slaves, but you did. The Force works in mysterious ways."

He holds you gently. "I know."

Together you finish breakfast. Qui-Gon insists on washing up and you smile. He's such a gentleman.

In a sudden movement, he grabs onto the kitchen ledge to steady himself.

"What's wrong ...." you ask, worried.

"Nothing. I'm fine."

"No you're not."

Qui-Gon smiles as he looks at you. "You're just like my Padawan."

"A cute and sexy mother hen?"

The Jedi Master chuckles. "Yes."

"What's the matter, Qui?"

"I felt someone come through the porthole ..."

You look worried.

Qui-Gon gives you a reassuring look. "Don't worry, I'll be fine."

Five seconds later, he collapses onto the floor.

You rush to him, feel his pulse and are relieved that he is just unconscious. Just before he collapsed you feel he sensed yet another being enter the porthole and you don't have to guess who it is this time. You help Qui-Gon onto your bed. He's surprisingly light considering his size. You gently touch his warm, soft face. He's breathing slowly, but surely and you sigh, knowing he will be all right. You vow to protect him even if it cost you your life. Qui-Gon's lightsabre is locked. You grab your Hasbro lightsabre, knowing won't do much good against a real one, but you have a plan and you hope it works.

You hide and don't have to wait long before Maul enters your abode, sensing

Qui-Gon's presence. He looks disdainfully at the Jedi Master, lying on the bed and

gives a cruel smile as he ignites one blade of his lightsabre.

"Worthless coward..." he spits.

With a silent, but deep breath, you step out from the side of your cupboard. "Touch him and I'll kill you," you say softly, igniting your toy lightsabre in a sudden swift movement. Maul blinks and in the next second he has sliced your Hasbro 'weapon' into three pieces. His initial surprise at seeing a lightsabre sliced to bits is all you need. You waste no time in grabbing his lightstaff and wrenching it from his grip. You headbut him, followed by a vicious backhand, and you floor him. You kick him in the stomach. Usually you deplore violence, but what choice have you? You land on him hard, disengage his lightsabre and slam the butt of it into his stomach You smile when you see fear in his eyes.

"How does it feel to have your greatest weapon turned against you? And I don't mean this thing." You shake the lightsabre, then to his surprise you kiss him. "Hate leads to the Dark Side." You then knock him unconscious and stand, empowered, but also relieved.

You rush to Qui-Gon and keel by the bed. You begin to stroke his long, silken hair. No sooner have you taken another breath, Obi-Wan comes rushing in. He sees Maul on the floor, out for the count and you by the bed, holding the Sith's lightsabre. You hope he doesn't think you hurt his Master.

"Obi-Wan," you say, standing. "Here, take this." You give him the lightstaff and to his inquisitive look, you say. "It's a long story ..."

And you begin to explain it to him.

"...You mean you love brought my Master here? ..."

Shyly, you nod. Obi-Wan doesn't let on how touched he is.

* * *

Shortly after you finish explaining to Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon wakes up.

"Obi-Wan ... I sensed you came through ... and also Maul ... such darkness and hate..." He sees Maul lying on the floor. "I see he's already found a place to stay," Qui-Gon says dryly. "I'm relieved you're both all right. Thank you, Obi-Wan."

"Actually, Master, I never touched him."

Qui-Gon looks puzzled, then Obi-Wan indicates you.

"I sensed Maul had come through and I knew he would come here ... I took him by surprise..." You indicate your Hasbro lightsabre pieces. Yes, it has definitely seen better days.

Qui-Gon looks astounded. "You could have been killed!"

"Qui, I wasn't going to stand by and let him kill you."

You explain to the Jedi Master how you took the Sith Lord by surprise. Although he's still cross with you for risking your life, he places his arms around you.

"Thank you, Little One."

"My pleasure, Qui. I had to ..." You return the embrace.

Obi-Wan is touched, but still concerned.

"And," Qui-Gon says, "don't you ever do that again.

"I can't. He busted my lightsabre."

Qui-Gon chuckles and shakes his head. "Well the least I can do is get you a new one."

You smile.

"You could have been killed," he says again, softly.

"I knew I wouldn't be ... I couldn't let him hurt you, Qui..."

He smiles warmly and takes your hand. "I'd better take this for safe keeping." He takes Maul's lightsabre and his own and gives them to Obi-Wan.

"Place all of these in the bottom of the toy box."

"Won't they be easy to find there?"

"Best place to hide something is under someone's nose."

"Yes, Master."

Qui-Gon turns to you and gives you a kiss. Obi-Wan is touched by your love for his Master, but is somewhat puzzled as well as he leaves to do as Qui-Gon asked.

"But next time..." Qui-Gon begins to say...

"Next time I will do everything I can to protect you."

The Jedi Master smiles. "I cannot let you place yourself in danger."

"Qui-Gon, you have saved me in more ways than one, your wisdom, gentleness, forgiveness, loyalty, serenity, patience and your sense of justice, you touched me so deeply. I don't think you realise how special you are." Gently, you embrace him.

A solitary tear rolls down his cheek. "But you have all of those qualities too."

"Well apart from the patience ..."

He chuckles. "You're learning. If one knew everything, there would be nothing left to learn and it would be quite boring."

You smile and nod.

"And also your beautiful connection to the Force. You've taught me so much,

Qui-Gon Jinn. "

"I do what I can for a peaceful Universe."

"That's why I love you."

"The feeling is mutual," he says, his voice serene, and sincere as he holds you.

Obi-Wan, in the next room, returning feels touched, but also awkward and leaves for a stroll in the garden.

"Never forget how unique you are, Master Qui-Gon," you say.

"I won't ... and thank you ...but you are also unique and special, Little One."

Slowly, he leans forward and kisses you, his soft beard feeling as though it were velvet upon your skin.

"Qui, is it so hard to believe someone cares for you?" you ask, after you have parted.

Warmly, he smiles. "Thank you ... I wish you were on the Jedi Council."

You chuckle and hug him. "I'd rather be with you, saving the Universe."

He laughs softly, a gentle sound.

* * *

In a few hours, Maul begins to awaken. Obi-Wan gives him a filthy look.

"Padawan, hate and anger lead to the Dark Side."

"I know, Master, but that doesn't mean I have to like the bastard."

Maul half smiles as he stands. He looks over at you. At first you think he's going to give you a look of pure hate, but are surprised when you see some respect in his garish eyes.

Together you watch Star Wars: Episode I. You warn the Jedi and Sith that they may find some scenes disturbing.

"Jar Jar," Obi-Wan says.

Qui-Gon gives his Padawan a mock scalding look. "As annoying as he might've been, he was a child, and he had a greater purpose."

"Yes, Master..."

Qui-Gon takes his death better than Obi-Wan does. Maul cringes at his. After the movie, he walks outside to vent off some stream, wishing he had his lightsabre to kill something. Typical, you think.

Obi-Wan takes his Master's hand. "If we go back ... the events may unfold that way again."

"I'm aware of that, Obi-Wan, but we must return, otherwise it will disrupt the normal flow of time and space and if I am destined to die then I must."

"Master, no ..."

Qui-Gon smiles gently, "If it is meant to happen, then it shall. If not, then it will not."

"Master, I can't let you die..."

The Jedi Master takes his Padawan's hand. "If that is the will of the Force, then you must accept it and allow it to come to pass."

"No ..." Obi-Wan's voice shivers and you feel for him. You share his feelings.

Gently, Qui-Gon embraces his Padawan.

You smile warmly, deeply touched by his wisdom, gentleness and love.

Master and apprentice part and Obi-Wan looks at you. "Thank you ... you saved my Master's life ... If only for a while."

"I love him as much as you, Obi-Wan."

"It's amazing what love can do," the young Jedi says.

"Yes it is," Qui-Gon's gentle voice agrees.

Obi-Wan takes his Master's hand. "Promise me you'll be careful."

"Always, Obi-Wan."

Maul stands in the doorway, scowling. Obi-Wan looks up and returns the look.

"Hatred leads to the Dark Side," Qui-Gon reminds his Padawan.

The younger Jedi takes a deep breath. "I know, Master an although I am angry, and as mush as I dislike him, I will not let that control me."

"Brave words," Maul says.

"Why don't you stick that lightsabre of yours where Tatooine's suns don't shine?"

"Hatred leads to the Dark Side," Maul jeers.

Obi-Wan ignores him. Maul smiles. The young Jedi refuses to let the Sith bait him.

"Just because I can't hate him, doesn't mean I have to like him" Obi-Wan says with a scowl.

"No more than I would," Qui-Gon says.

Maul is getting quite antsy at being talked about as if he wasn't there, but since Qui-Gon has all the lightsabres, the ball is in his court.

"Now, as nice as it is here," Qui-Gon begins to say after a long silence...

"Speak for yourself," Maul growls.

"Shut up," Obi-Wan snaps.

"If I had my lightsabre, I'd..."

"What? Twirl it around and show off like a cheerleader?" the young Jedi snarks.

Maul growls menacingly.

You try to hide your smile. "They have cheerleaders in your galaxy?" you ask, quite surprised.

Obi-Wan smiles.

" As I was saying." Qui-Gon continues, "we must recreate the porthole. However, only one of us can go back at a time.

"So how do we recreate it?" Maul asks.

"That's going to take a little more work - and to get back we all need to work together."

"Somehow I knew you were going to say that," the Sith grunts.

"But for now," Qui-Gon says, "we need rest. All of us."

Maul sleeps under the house. You surmise he must like that old the musty smell. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan sleep on your queen size bed and you take to your new green and purple sofa, under Qui-Gon's protest, but you won't have a bar of it.

"You're so good with him," Obi-Wan says with a smile.

Qui-Gon hits him softly with a pillow. You all share a chuckle before going to sleep.

You and the Jedi hear someone pottering about at night and surmise that it's Maul looking for the lightsabres, but Qui has hidden them well and with Force energy, so Maul can look until his horns turn grey.

 

The next morning, you and Qui leave the sleeping young Jedi and Sith Lord.

"You think they'll be all right with each other?" you ask.

"They'd better be, or there'll be Hades to pay."

You chuckle.

 

You take Qui-Gon to the wharf. Gently, he holds your hand. Seagulls flock by, as you board the ferry.

You both sit outside on the deck. The Jedi Master holds you and kisses you softly. You smile and begin playing with his hair. Qui-Gon sighs and his head slips into your lap. "I've forgotten how lovely that feels ...'

For most of the trip, he's content to have you play with his luscious locks, before he kisses you, starting at your hand, your arm ... all the way up to your lips an you return his sensual kiss. You stroke his hair and he leans upon your shoulder. You sigh softly, feeling as though you are melting into him.

You hold hand as you disembark and all the way along the jetty.

Qui smiles. "I've always wanted to visit a quaint little seaside town."

You smile back at him. "That's why I brought you here."

He places his arms around you.

The old skipper, fixing up the ropes, smiles. "Ahh young love ... almost forgot what it feels like."

Qui-Gon smiles, genuinely complimented. "Thank you."

"Qui," you say, "age is relevant. You're not all that old, you know."

"Thanks ... sometimes it's nice to get a little reminder..."

Together you walk, passing little quaint shops and eating nooks. Qui buys you a magical necklace, with an exquisite green and purple bottle as a pendant, containing a protection potion made by a Wizard called Severus.

You hug the Jedi Master as he places it around your neck.

"It's just a little necklace."

"It's he thought that counts ... and it's so beautiful ..."

"I thought you'd like it."

You both enter another little gift shop. You buy Qui-Gon a beautiful 'Moon Goddess' necklace, a naked silver Goddess standing amongst the stars, to bring peaceful dreams.

"Thank you," he says, sincere.

You tie it around his beautiful, slender neck and you both walk onto the soft grass, unaware someone is watching ...

Together you enter a little cafe.

"There’s nothing wrong with your cooking," Qui-Gon says, sensing your thoughts. "You should try Obi-Wan’s cooking, now there’s a test of the Force. Don’t tell him I said that ..."

You chuckle softly as you order. Qui-Gon orders vegetarian sushi with wasabi on the side and you order some vegetarian rice and lentil rissoles, they sound boring, but it’s the subtle blend of herbs and spices they use at this particular place...

You and Qui-Gon share your goodies.

"Mmm... very nice ..." he says approvingly. "I didn’t know what I was missing in my Universe."

You smile as you kiss him softly.

You both have the same dessert, rich, soft chocolate ice cream covered with a thick layer of milk, white and strawberry chocolate.

"I don’t wanna go back..." Qui-Gon wails.

You both laugh gently.

You sit with Qui and he kisses you softly, holding you in his strong, though gentle arms. You lean against his sturdy, but gentle chest, hearing the ocean's subtle waves as they beech upon the shore in he background, as a Summer sea breeze caresses you both. As if only for you and Qui-Gon, dolphins leap from the water, and a humpback whale breeches from within the depths of the sea. Qui-Gon smiles and kisses you softly.

You begin to sing 'Runaway' together. It has become your song.

Qui-Gon's singing voice is as beautiful and rich as his talking voice and you sigh lovingly as he begins to toy with your hair. This is the only place in he Universe you want to be. Softly, he begins to comb his hand through your hair, stimulating your entire body.

" I never thought I'd fall in love," he says softly.

"Neither did I ..." you sigh.

Gently, he places his arms around you, then strokes your head lovingly and begins to massage you. You feel any tension you had, leave your body, as you snuggle into him, feeling safe, loved and very special.

Ever so softly, he kisses you, as you embrace him on the promenade, by the sea.

* * *

When you return home, you go to have a cool shower.

Obi-Wan turns to Qui-Gon. "Master..."

"Where's Darth Maul?"

"Gone for a walk. A long one I hope."

"Preferably," Qui-Gon says with a smile.

"Where were you. I was ..."

"We went out," Qui-Gon said, "and had lunch."

"You could have had lunch here."

"You wouldn’t be saying that if you were with us."

The Padawan gives a small smile.

A pause, then the young Jedi spoke again. "You’re in love with her, aren't you?"

Qui-Gon smiles and sighs. "That obvious, is it?"

"As obvious as a Wookiee at a Malastarians only pub."

The Jedi Master laughs.

Obi-Wan does not. "And today ... you and her the seaside ..."

"I don't believe this! You were spying on us?" Qui-Gon says, incredulous

"Not as such, Master ... I was worried about you."

"Worried." Qui-Gon folds his arms.

"Master, she's nice and all, but you hardly even-"

"I know I have barely just met her, but Obi-Wan ... she's incredible, her love and honesty ... Her belief in the Force..."

"I agree, Master, but as compassionate as she is, she's distracting us from our true purpose - to get back home and have you forgotten, she's the one that brought us all here."

"And if she hadn't I'd be dead now."

"I know, and I can't begin to describe how grateful I am for that, but you've hardly spoken to me since I arrived here..."

"Oh, so that's it is it? You're jealous."

"Jealous!"

Qui-Waited patiently for Obi-Wan to accept it.

From he next room, you hear part of he conversation and are hurt, but decide not to say anything.

"I agree that our main objective is to return to our time and place without disrupting the time space continuum," Qui-Gon says, "but the Force works in mysterious ways, Obi-Wan."

"I know, Master."

"She has reaffirmed my life's purpose ... Sometimes it all seems so useless ..." Qui-Gon says slowly.

"Master ... you could have told me."

"I didn't want to dampen your spirits .."

"But I feel the same sometimes..."

"You never told me."

"I didn't think you'd understand .."

Qui-Gon smiles warmly and held his Padawan's hand. "Of course I would have..."

"And I'm sorry, Master ... I was somewhat jealous of her ... It was childish of me... It's just that when we go back ... you might ..." A tear rolls down the young Jedi's cheek. "...I can't bear to loose you..."

Qui-Gon gently embraces him. "You will never lose me, Obi-Wan."

* * *

"I know you heard some of our conversation," Obi-Wan says coming to you.

"I wasn't eaves dropping," you explain.

"I know, and I know you love my Master as much as I ... I owe you an apology," Obi-Wan says.

You give an understanding smile. "Water under the bridge."

"Thank you," he says with a grateful smile. "At first I thought you to be a distraction, but I see how deeply and dearly my Master holds you and it was your love that saved him... That's nothing short of incredible. And he seems more at ease. Thank you for helping me realise the true and awesome power of love."

You smile warmly. "My pleasure."

Obi-Wan places his arms around you, his braid gently brushing against your cheek.

"I see you two have made up," Qui-Gon says with a smile, coming into the lounge room.

"Yes ... I'm sorry, Master."

"It's all right my young Padawan. You have learned a very valuable lesson."

"Yes, Master, I have," Gently the young Jedi kisses your cheek.

* * *

"Listen up troops," you say, "we've been invited to Suz' Christmas party. It's fancy dress, so none of you have to change.

"What about me?" the Sith Lord asks.

"You can go as Darth Maul. You really look like him, you know."

He grunts softly.

"What are you going to wear?" Obi-Wan asks.

"I’m still thinking."

"As long as you don't wear that," Maul says pointing to your green Qui-Gon t-shirt hanging over your cupboard.

"Okay then, I’ll wear this." You fish out your other Qui-Gon Jinn t-shirt and smile.

"Please don’t wear that," Qui-Gon says somewhat embarrassed.

"At last we agree on something," Maul says.

You smile. "Okay ... I’ve decided to go as the ancient Grecian Goddess, Persephone ... Now, important - We're all friends."

Maul grunts again. Obi-Wan gives him a dirty look.

"Secondly - eat politely and thirdly - most important. If someone gives you a present, no matter what it is, you love it. So Maul, if you get a pink fluffy bunny, you love it."

He grunts yet again.

"Obi-Wan, if you get a Darth Maul lollipop, you love it."

The young Jedi pulls a twisted face. "Not likely."

"What do they taste like?" Maul inquires, curious.

"Don't know," you say. "Never tried one."

He folds his arms.

"And Qui-Gon-"

"Whatever it is, I love it."

You nod. "Great. We're all set and we're all friends. Or else."

"My Master would like you," Maul says.

"I'll take that as a compliment, I think."

Maul chuckles ever so softly.

 

Qui-Gon helps you get dressed in a lovely white ancient Greek style dress with a bunch of flowers picked from the nearby park.

"So can I be Hades and kidnap you?" he asks, giving you a kiss.

"Take me to your Underworld," you say with a smile.

You are relieved the boys behave themselves on their way to Suz' house.

Much hugging ensues when you arrive. Maul is relieved to have escaped it. He seems puzzled that no one is freaked out by him; it was a unique experience.

Since we arrived quite fashionably late, there were only salads left, much to Maul's dismay.

"Here, try this." Qui-Gon gives him a salad made from bitter lettuce, black olives and sun-dried tomatoes.

Maul quite likes it and gets himself a second helping.

"You might like this also," Qui-Gon says, holding up a plate of camembert cheese.

Maul sniffs it and makes a disgusted face. "It smells like the rotting carcass of a dead womp rat!"

"Thank makes two of us," the Jedi Master says with a smile, putting it down and helping himself to some Greek feta cheese.

 

The day couldn’t’ve gone better, with all the boys behaving themselves. Maul had found he liked the taste of the stink bugs on the lemon tree outside more appetising, and you were quite impressed with the 'delighted' expression when he receives his present. 'Enchantment of the Faerie Realm' by Ted Andrews.

Obi-Wan didn't have to feign enjoyment with his box of 'Persuasions' chocolates, and Qui-Gon was 'over the moon' with his 5kg meat platter.

Hugging again ensues when you leave, again Maul avoids it.

You begin to drive back. "I'm proud of you, boys." In the back seat, Maul grunts, and scowls, looking at his book. Obi-Wan sits in the front eat nibbling his chocolates after sharing them around. Maul quite liked the Turkish Delight.

Qui-Gon hands his meat platter to Darth Maul. "Here, I think you'll enjoy this more than I would."

"I though you were going to bury it."

"I had thought of that, but what good would that do?"

Maul takes the platter from Qui-Gon. He rips some of the cling wrap around the meat and begins to eat the liver. When he's halfway through it, he picks up the book. "I think you'd get more out of this than I would." He thrust it to Qui-Gon.

"Thank you." The Jedi Master takes the book and looks at the beautiful cover of pastel blues, greens and purples, with a faerie riding on the back of a white Unicorn and begins to read.

The boys seem to be in a good mood, yes even Maul when you arrive back home. Qui-Gon has finished his book.

"It was beautiful, thank you."

"Thanks Suzanne," you say. "She picked it out."

"Yes, but you took us there."

Maul is thoroughly enjoying a very thick raw scotch fillet.

"Whatever makes him happy," Qui-Gon says.

* * *

 

Maul is eating a ginger biscuit.

"You like those?" you say. "They’re one of the few things I can cook. I’ll show you the recipe."

Maul is about to say ‘that’s not necessary’ though you ignore him and fish out "Star Wars Cook Book II" and open it to the page. ‘Qui-Gon Jinn-ger snaps.’

Maul stops eating and coughs.

"I thought you said you liked it," you say with a smile.

Maul grunts, then finishes his cookie. "Have you tried the ‘Darth double Dogs?’"

You grimace. "Ergh. If I wasn’t already vegetarian, I’d turn."

Maul smiles. He looks at the front cover of the book with a colour picture of the Jedi Master. ‘Qui-Gon Jinn-ger snaps and More Galactic Recipes.’

"Isn’t it supposed to be ‘Darth Malt and More Galactic Recipes’?"

"Not my version," you say.

Maul sees that you have stuck Qui-Gon’s picture over his on the inside too.

"I see you did the same thing Star Wars ultimate Edition Soundtrack," he says.

You nod. "And the Star Wars Fact file and the –"

"You don’t like me very much do you?"

"You just noticed? Well you’re not on my Solstice list.."

Maul gives a humourless smile and speaks again after a pause.

"You love him."

"Yes," you say, "I do and I don't care what you say. Love's probably a swear word as far as you're concerned."

"Even though you barely know him," Maul continues.

"But I do know him, Maul, perhaps from another life time. Ever since I first saw a picture of him on the front cover of a magazine, Time to be exact, I could tell even before I even knew his name that he was compassionate, gentle, honest and one with the Universe, which is incidentally what his name means."

Maul looks somewhat impressed, but tries to hide it. "Just curious, have you read my-"

"Yes, I've read your 'journal' ... For answers I didn't get, and after reading it I disliked you more than I already did."

Maul grunts.

You ignore him and continue. "You blame the Jedi for your failings instead of looking to yourself. I can understand why the Sith hate the Jedi in general, but the Sith in the past have spilled as much Jedi blood. Yes, *some* Jedi are far from the noble and altruistic knights they make themselves out to be and the Jedi Council may be a little on the stiff side..."

Maul harrumphed. "A little."

You give a small smile, then continue, "but Qui-Gon is nothing like that. Everything he does, he does for a peaceful Universe, yes it may be a dream, and he would never willingly harm another and Universal Peace probably won't happen in his lifetime and yes, some of his methods are rather unorthodox, but sometimes the 'by the book' approach doesn't work. His greatest desire is for the Jedi and Sith to live in harmony in the Galaxy, maybe that's wishful thinking, maybe it will happen someday in the future. He's altruistic and he cares deeply for about others, yes, Maul even you. From helping a butterfly whose wings have been stuck together after a thunderstorm to saving millions of lives on a doomed planet - and you killed him. So you can see why I didn't sign up for your fan club." You scowl.

Maul half smiles. "I am not sorry I killed a Jedi," he says, evenly, "but I am sorry I killed him."

And with that he leaves you, watching him with just a teensy bit of respect.

* * *

"Come here, Maul says to you.

You look over at him. "Why?"

"I want to teach you something."

//This oughta be good...// you think and walk to him.

"Punch me," he says.

"Really?"

"Yes."

You look dubious. "*Very* tempting, but you’ll just grab my hand."

"Punch me," he says again.

"You’re trying to trick me."

"No I’m not. Punch me."

You punch Maul in his stomach and send him flying to the floor. He gets up and glares at you.

"You asked me to."

"You were supposed to punch my-"

You punch him in the face. "That was fun, can I do it again?"

Maul glares at you with a hint of amusement.

"You wanted to teach me how to block a punch."

"Yes."

He goes to punch you in the face and you block his punch and floor him.

"Qui-Gon already taught me."

* * *

Qui-Gon lies with you in bed, stroking your hair.

"Thank you," he said softly. "I lost focus..."

"We all lose focus at some point in our lives, Qui," you assure him gently as you kiss his cheek.

Obi-Wan and Maul are outside your bedroom.

"What are they doing in there?" Maul huffs. "They’ve been in there for hours."

"I suppose they’re meditating." Obi-Wan says.

"Any other man would be having sex."

Obi-Wan looks annoyed. "My Master is *not* any other man."

"I doubt he even knows what it’s for." Maul says, looking down.

Obi-Wan glares at the Sith, but refuses to be baited.

Maul peers in the keyhole.

"Stop it!" Obi-Wan hisses.

Maul doesn’t.

"What are they doing ...." the Jedi apprentice asked curiously.

Maul smiles. "Meditating."

"I told you."

"Naked with their arms around each other."

Obi-Wan pushes Maul out of the way and looks himself. Qui-Gon stands, his arms around you, both clad as nature intended. Qui-Gon takes his frumpled robe and places it over the keyhole.

Obi-Wan retreats, somewhat embarrassed.

"He really loves her."

Qui-Gon lies with you on your bed and smiles, kissing you gently. Slowly you both lie down, his strong arms around you. Softly, he strokes your face.

"You have so much love," he says, "yet you have a lot of anger."

"I know," you say, embarrassed.

"Don’t be," he says, "I can help you transmute that anger."

Gently you kiss him. "Thank you, Qui."

He smiles warmly and kisses you gain, his velvet beard rubs gently against your soft skin. You begin to play with his long, silken hair. He sighs softly and lies down on the bed. Slowly you begin to massage his bare sturdy chest. He relaxes to your touch as you begin to caress his legs, releasing any tensions he has.

Qui-Gon sighs softly and you smile, grateful to give so much pleasure to someone you love so deeply. Qui-Gon attempts to sit up, but you gently push him back down.

"You need to be pampered," you say. "You care so much for everyone, take some time for yourself."

"Thank you," he says softly.

"My pleasure." And it truly is.

You continue to caress him, his chest gently rising and falling in rhythm to your touch. His breathing is so soft, you can’t even hear it. You stroke his face, his beard feels like crushed velvet and you smile lovingly. You begin to scratch his beard gently. He smiles. He really likes that. The Jedi Master begins to chuckle softly. He takes your hand and kisses it. You lean closer and kiss him. He caresses your lips with his and places his arms around you, holding you close to him and you share your gifts, becoming one with the Living Force.

* * *

"The events in our Universe will not unfold the way they would have if I had not been drawn here," Qui-Gon says.

You are relieved.

"How can you be sure?" Obi-Wan asks.

"When I entered the porthole of light, at first I thought that I was dead. When I appeared in the middle of a shopping centre, I was very confused indeed. Surely that was not the Force ..."

All you, Obi-Wan and even Maul smile.

"Then I saw her and knew that I had been drawn here for a reason. And that reason was to reaffirm my beliefs and life's purpose, Maul, you can go to sleep if you like."

The Sith Lord gave small smile. "As much as it pains me to admit it, Qui-Gon, I have learned from this experience as well."

"As have I," Obi-Wan says.

"But as pleasant as it is here, we must return home," Qui-Gon takes your hand, "You must help us create another porthole."

You nod. "I will miss you, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan."

"What about me?"

You give Maul a look. "I may like you a *teensy* bit more, Maul, but really, that's asking a bit much."

He smiles. So do Qui and Obi.

"What will happen when we return? Obi-Wan asks."

"Although the events will to unfold the way they did in Episode One," Qui-Gon says, "I have no doubt they'll be just as adventurous, and a mystery, which is how the future should remain."

"I really hope I didn't cause any trouble with the porthole and all," you say turning to Qui-Gon.

"Of course not, Little One. Love is the greatest power in the Universe and I don't think you realise how powerful you really are."

You smile shyly.

"I sense you have a great deal of power," Maul says, "why don’t you use it? You could have the world at your feet."

You give him a small smile. "Maul, power can be used either way, for good or evil. To help or control. I use my power to help people. If I used it to control others, the Karma will eventually catch up with me and I'd rather help people, the Earth and the Universe than hurt them."

"I couldn't've said it better myself," Qui-Gon says, sensing Maul's question was directed at him rather than you.

Maul says nothing more, pondering what you and Qui-Gon have just said.

"If anything this has been an adventure for all of us," the Jedi Master says.

There were no arguments.

"I thought Jedi weren't supposed to crave adventure," Maul says.

"Life is an adventure, Maul," Qui-Gon tells him, "and although Jedi don't crave excitement and adventure, who says we can't enjoy it?"

Obi-Wan smiles. Maul tries not to.

"So how do we recreate this porthole?" the Sith asks.

"We must form a pyramid," Qui-Gin explains, "three of us at the base and one at the apex. We must tune into the Force in Harmony."

"Somehow I knew you were going to say that," Maul growls.

"Now, the lightsabres. Maul, go and get them. They're in the bottom of the toy box."

The Sith scowls, not because Qui-Gon asked him to get them, but at not figuring out where they were. Obi-Wan gives his Master a look as if to say 'are you sure we can trust him?’

Qui-Gon gives him a look back which says 'yes.' Maul too is impressed with the Jedi Master's trust as he rummages through the toy box, unearthing Star Wars toys, Harry Potter merchandise, Transformers, Sailor Moon, even an old talking KITT from Knight Rider amongst other things before getting to the thee lightsabres and returning them to their rightful owners. Obi-Wan is still somewhat wary, though Qui-Gon's stance assures him he has nothing to fear.

All four of you form the pyramid, calling in the energies and the Force. You hold the energies. The pyramid begins to glow gold and a porthole of white light begins to appear.

"Maul, you first."

"Testing the waters?"

"It's quite safe, I assure you."

Maul gives a nod. "You are honourable Jedi, and one of the *very* few beings in the Universe I trust. Although I may despise your kind, you have earned my respect."

"I am honoured, Qui-Gon says as Maul enters the porthole and disappears from your Universe. but before he leaves, he kisses your cheek, quickly, leaving you wondering ... Maybe he is beginning to realise what love is after all ... But you still want to kick him in the bahoogies.

The Jedi seem equally surprised.

"You next, Obi-Wan ... I may be a while."

"Master, promise me you'll be careful."

"You know I will, but even in Death I will never leave your side." The two Jedi embrace before Obi-Wan enters the glowing light.

Qui-Gon turns to you. "How can I ever thank you? You have taught me so much..."

"As you have taught me, Master Qui-Gon."

"You are a Master," he says. "In love ... Your spirit is eternal."

Gently, he holds you. It surprises you that you could have taught so much to a Jedi Master.

"But I'm nowhere as patient as you ..."

"Patience isn't everything, and besides you're learning, Precious One."

"And you know I have a lot of anger in me," you say. "When I really get goin', I could scare the horns off Darth Maul."

Qui-Gon laughs, a gentle sound. "Stop putting yourself down, Little One. You're leaning to transmute that anger in a positive way. You'd never willingly hurt anyone. You have all the qualities you say you love in me."

"Except for the sexy bod."

He laughs again. "Again you're working on that too, but it's what's on the inside that matters. You know that."

You kiss his cheek.

After a period of silence, Qui-Gon fails to stop a tear meandering down his soft cheek. "I must leave you now. I have to return to my Universe..."

You take his hand. "I want to go with you."

Qui-Gon takes a deep breath. "That is an enormous commitment, Precious One. Are you sure?"

You breathe deeply. "Yes."

"You realise if you come with me, you're going to leave most of your belongings behind."

You nod. "I understand."

"But I have a computer pad which can store all your stories, papers, photos, music and videos and you can access it whenever you wish."

"Ohh, Qui ..." You throw your arms around him.

You choose a few of your belongings and clothes, including your purple robe and some toys that are special to you.

You decide to have a market stall, to sell your things and give things away to your friends and family and to charity and you plan to give the money you will make at the stall away to a wildlife organisation. Qui-Gon is most willing to help you.

"I've always loved the markets," he admits.

You wonder what life will be like in a galaxy far, far away. You will miss your friends and family, but you are sure they will understand and you plan to do a mass e-mailing and phoning.

And you plan to take your three black and white fishes, Hades, Persephone and Osiris and to the freshwater lake.

"It is an enormous commitment," Qui-Gon says, again, concerned. "Are you sure you're ready for it?"

"It's going to be hard, but yes. I'm ready, Master Qui-Gon."

Gently, he embraces you. "It will be a hard life, but you will find out who you are."

You sigh. To hear him actually say that to you, it feels... magical ... A tear meanders down your cheek. Softly, he kisses your forehead.

"Just one more thing," you say. "I'm not going without Doggie."

You clutch him.

"You're not taking that," Qui-Gon says.

"But I have to, I ..."

"You have to leave some things behind."

"But I've left almost everything behind, Qui-Gon. I've had Doggie since I was five and I'm taking him, so there."

Qui-Gon makes himself look imposing. "Are you defying me?"

You make yourself look just as imposing. "Yes."

Qui-Gon smiles. "You'll go far."

Together you share a chuckle.

The Jedi Master takes your hands into his. "In my Universe ... we can open the porthole just a little, to get the latest Harry Potter and Discworld Books ..." You laugh ... "but please tell me you're certain. If you come with me, you can never return here."

"Qui-Gon I've been here all my life. I've always dreamed of traveling the stars to help bring peace to the Universe and to use a Star Trek quote, 'to explore new worlds.' "

A tear slips down Qui-Gon's cheek as he holds you. "Tell me what you want, what you really, really want ..."

You chuckle softly and sing to him. "I will run away ... I will run away with you..."

 

  

*

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Back to Qui~Gon Page