Disclaimers: Transformers are owned by Hasbro.

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic/fanart.

Summary: Optimus is changed into a human again and spends some time at his female friend's place.

Rating - PG

~~~~~~~~

A TIME TO REMEMBER

 

The Autobots had invented a mechanical device to convert a Transformer into a human and back again. Optimus Prime volunteered. Ironhide fired the beam at him. Optimus' form changed into a small human.

"Great Cybertron, Optimus! You look so... different!"

Optimus Prime looked at himself. "Now we can find out more about Earth and our human friends" he said. "I can live with my human friend, Tani, if she doesn't mind. She doesn't live very far from here, how about a lift, Ironhide?"

Ironhide transformed into his transit van mode. "Sure. Hop inside."

Optimus Prime climbed inside. "This feels weird..."

"Yeah, doesn't it?"

Ironhide drove Optimus to Tani's house.

"Is it really you, Optimus? " Tani asked, not believing her optical or audio sensors.

"Affirmative, it's me."

"Wow!!" She shook her head in amazement. "I'll be happy to help you with whatever you want to know about humans and Earth. Sure you can live with me for as long as you like."

"Thanks" he said, smiling.

Tani smiled back and kissed him on his cheek. She had always admired Optimus Prime, despite the fact that she considered him very aesthetically pleasing, in other words, gorgeous, and she loved his deep, gentle voice, but most of all she admired his spirit, his compassion toward his friends and enemies, and his nobility. She lead Optimus Prime inside her house.

"I'm glad I can see it from the inside!"

They both laughed.

Tani started explaining everything about the insides of a house and contents. Optimus took everything in very quickly and soon knew everything about the human household and found it very interesting. Tani started to teach him more about Earth and gave him a lot of books to read.

"These books are intriguing," he said, reading through them at an incredible speed. "It appears I still have a few Transformer qualities although my form is human."

Tani smiled. "You must be hungry."

"I guess so. My stomach's making noises."

"What would you like?"

Optimus asked, "what kind of energon ... oh, food do you humans eat?"

"All different types," Tani said, explaining about the different kinds.

"Interesting, but it sounds very complicated."

Tani smiled. "It's not really. I'll get you something." "No... I'll get it."

"No, Prime. Sit down, please ... I'll make your dinner."

"Please let me."

"Okay, if you really want to."

Optimus Prime started to cook the dinner.

"It's ready..."

Well ...Optimus Prime had a lot to learn about cooking ...

"Did I do something wrong?"

"Well ... I guess you've never cooked before. It's new to you. You don't have to cook energon. I'll ... I'll cook something."

"Sorry" said Optimus, apologetically. "Are you sure it won't be too much trouble?"

"Nah."

Optimus smiled and watched Tani. She cooked some vegetables, roast potatoes and Yorkshire puddings with gravy, and some vegetarian sushi for an entrée. Optimus loved animals and wouldn't eat meat.

Tani set a place for him at the table.

"What are these for?" said Optimus, picking up the knife and fork.

"Oh ... you eat your food with them," she explained, showing him.

"Thanks."

Tani watched Optimus Prime eating, swallowing his food. He's so polite and so cute!

When he'd finished his dinner he looked at her. "Thank you. Is all Human food this good?"

Tani smiled. "Well, it depends on what you like."

They entered into the lounge room and talked about things, life as a human ... life as a Transformer. Optimus told Tani he hated fighting and wished the war would finally come to an end. He didn't hate the Decepticons, just hated what they did. Tani respected mechanical life forms, such as Transformers and androids as much as she did her own kind. She cared about both Autobots and Decepticons and felt extremely upset when anyone died. She observed Optimus Prime was getting tired.

"Do you want to go to sleep?"

"Sleep? I'm getting tired. I need more energy."

Tani explained to him that human food worked differently to energon. When a Transformer began to get tired, they had more energon. Human food was the equivalent to energon, but worked in a different way.

Tani lead Optimus Prime into her bedroom.

"You can sleep here."

"Thank you, Tani, but where will you sleep?"

"Next to you ... that is if you don't mind."

He shook his head. "Not at all."

Tani changed into her night dress, and let Optimus borrow a pair of her pyjamas. She watched him get changed, but to her disappointment, he turned around and she didn't see anything of interest.

Tani turned off the light. Optimus climbed into the double bed, next to the wall and she snuggled up next to him, then

gently put her arms around him. He smiled and stroked her hair. He was always very gentle. In no time, they fell asleep.

The next morning, Tani and Optimus sat on the soft grass in the garden.

"It's beautiful out here," he said, looking around, listening to the birds.

Tani leaned my head on his shoulder. He smiled and put his arms around her.

"What other things do humans do?"

"Oh ... well ... we go out."

"Out? Where?"

"To movies ... fun parks ... and all different places."

The rest of that day, Tani took Optimus to a movie, then to a fun park. They went on the exciting rides and spent the rest of the day there.

"Thank you," Optimus said. "I had a great time today."

Tani smiled. "My pleasure."

That night, Optimus took Tani to a Japanese restaurant.

"I'll pay my share," she said.

"Doesn't the man have to pay?"

Tani laughed. "Well, it's traditional, but..."

"I want to pay," he said. "This is my shout."

"Okay," she said with a smile.

That night they watched some videos. Tani's favorite, Transformers and Star Trek: The Next Generation.

"I like Data and Lore, from Star Trek," Tani said. "I know he's evil, but I feel sorry for the guy. All he needs is a chance."

Optimus smiled and nodded. "everyone deserves another chance, even the Decepticons."

They watched other movies, mostly science fiction, but some comedies, drama and some documentaries about Earth and her creatures. The two of them dropped off to sleep, on the sofa.

The next morning, they began to walk to the video shop to return the videos they had hired.

"This has been a very enjoyable experience. Thank you."

"It's all right, Prime. Thank you too. I've also enjoyed myself."

He smiled. "I wish I could transform and drive you there."

Tani smiled. "Y'know, Prime I'd love to be a Transformer."

Optimus smiled.

They arrived back at Tani's house.

"Human life is so different from Transformer life" he said, "but it's very interesting. "

"So is Transformer life. It's a pity your machine can't convert Humans into Transformers!"

"You want to become an Autobot?"

"If you want the truth, Prime no, and I don't want to become a Decepticon either. I want to be a Transformer with no allegiance, to try and put a stop to the war. So many people on both sides have died, it's just ... horrible."

Optimus nodded sadly. "Sometimes it seems like it's never going to end, but it has to someday, I just hope it's soon.

If I knew how to change you into a Transformer I would."

Tani smiled. "Thanks."

"Could I please have something to drink?" he asked.

"Sure, listen, if you want something to eat or drink just get it. You don't have to ask me."

Optimus took a white bottle off the shelf and poured himself a glass. He took a sip and coughed.

"This is strong stuff!"

Tani turned around and giggled. "It's alcohol. Don't drink too much of it. It's not good for you."

Optimus looked puzzled. He closed the bottle and put it back on the shelf.

"If it's not good for you, then why do you have it?"

"Well, it's all right if you just have a little, but not too much."

She poured a little of the Malibu in some milk. "Now try it."

Optimus drank it slowly and smiled. "You're right" he said. "It's nice."

The next day, Tani's friend, Deanne rang.

"Hi ya, Tee, I'm havin' a mega pardy at my place tonight. About five hundred people're comin.' You're invited. Wanna come?"

"Yeah, sure, but ..."

"Great!"

"... But can I bring a friend?"

"Who?"

"Well ... he's a great guy, very kind ... He's nice and I can't leave him here ..."

"Do you have to bring him along?..." she complained.

"Aw, come on, Dee ... He's really cool. He's only one extra person and he doesn't eat much."

"All right, you can bring him, but there's gonna be a lot of booze. I don't want any goodie-goodies tellin' the cops."

"Don't worry, Dee, he's not a goodie-goodie. Optimus is a really great guy. You'll love him. We'll both come."

"What you say his name was?!"

Tani hung up. Optimus came into the kitchen.

"Come? Where?"

"My friend, Deanne's havin' a party tonight. She wants me to come. She wasn't sure about you though."

"If she doesn't want me there, I'll stay here. I don't want to intrude."

"I'm sure she won't mind and I want you to come."

When night came, Tani drove with Optimus Prime to Deanne's place. She greeted them when they arrived.

"Hi, Dee. This is my friend."

Deanne smiled at Optimus Prime. He smiled back at her.

"Come in," she invited.

She introduced them to the other guests.

"What's his name?" she asked Tani, quietly.

"His name ... is ...uhh ... Erol."

"You didn't tell me he was cute."

"Back off," Tani smiled. "He's mine."

Optimus chuckled. Deanne smiled and told them to help ourselves to the food. Optimus didn't eat much and didn't talk to anyone, as he didn't know anyone apart from Tani. A guy offered Optimus a drink.

"Thanks."

He drank it and liked it a lot. He wasn't sure what it was, but wanted some more. It was sweet alcohol, a sweet tasting alcoholic drink with a high alcohol content, but without the harsh alcoholic taste. Optimus had some more. Tani came to him.

"Havin' a good time?"

"Yeah, great, great."

Optimus Prime drank some more. "This is great stuff."

He leant on her and she realised he was drunk. Tani lead him outside.

"We have to go now, Prime."

"Oh, why? ..." he complained sadly. "I wanna stay ..."

"Wait here."

Tani found Deanne. "Dee, we gotta go."

"Oh? Why?" she asked, grooving to the music.

"My Errol's ... sort of ... well ..." Tani raised a pretend glass to her mouth.

Deanne laughed. "All right, bye. See ya later."

"Bye. By the way, great pardy."

She smiled.

"I wanna stay ..." Optimus said, gently pushing Tani out of the way.

"We can't. We gotta go home."

"I don't want to."

She looked at him. "Please?" she asked sweetly.

"O...kay ..." he gave in.

Tani smiled.

"I'll drive home," offered Optimus.

"No, I will."

"No ... I wanna drive."

"Optimus Prime, you can't drink and drive. It's illegal."

"But I'm not breaking the law. I'm not drinking while I'm driving ..."

"Prime, the sort of stuff you drank before ... If you drink too much of it, then you get well ... You're not allowed to drive, because people might get hurt or killed."

"I don't want to hurt anyone ... You drive."

Optimus gave her the car keys and she smiled. Tani respected him lot. Even though he was drunk, he still cared. Normally, she wouldn't be fussed with anyone that got drunk, but Optimus didn't know what he was doing and well ... she loved him anyway. He climbed into the back seat of the car, put the seat belt on and lay down.

On the way home, they were stopped by random breath testers.

"You were at that party, weren't you?" the officer asked.

Tani nodded.

"There was a lot of booze there. I'd like to test you."

He ran the test on her. "You're fine, Miss."

He looked inside the car and saw Optimus lying on the back seat, fast asleep.

"Who's that?"

"My boyfriend from the country. He doesn't know much about city life ... and had a weeny bit too much."

"Is he old enough to drink?"

Optimus Prime was over nine million and nine years old.

"Yes..."

The officer let them pass.

Tani arrived home and gently carried him out and into bed.

Optimus woke up.

"Where am I?..." he asked, drunkenly.

"You're in my room. I drove you home. You have to go to sleep now."

"No ..." he said, gently pushing her out of the way. "I don't want to ..."

Tani brought Optimus a glass of milk. "Here," she said. "Drink this."

"I don't want to ..."

"Are Transformers always this disagreeable when they're drunk?! Please, Prime, drink it. You'll get sick if you don't."

"Okay," he said, taking the glass from her.

He drank the milk and wiped the white mark away from his lips.

Optimus lay down. He was beginning to get back to normal. "Thank you..."

Tani lay next to him. Optimus put his arms around her.

This progressed into a strange, but exciting and beautiful night.

In the morning, Tani woke up before, Optimus, but he wasn't log to follow her.

"I've got a headache ..." he groaned.

"No wonder!"

"I feel awful ... It was irresponsible of me."

"Prime, you didn't know it was alcohol, it's quite all right."

The next day, Ironhide came back for Optimus Prime

"Enjoy yourself?"

Optimus smiled. "Did I what?!"

Optimus turned around and gave Tani a long, soft, gentle kiss.

Ironhide smiled and drove Optimus and Tani to Autobot headquarters.

They arrived at Autobot base. Ironhide returned Optimus Prime to his Transformer form. The Autobot leader gently picked up Tani in his hand.

"Thanks," he said. "I had a wonderful time and I learned a great deal."

She nodded. "Me too ... Prime, if the machine's ever able to convert Humans into Transformers, can you ..."

"Sure," he said, with a smile, letting her sit on his shoulder.

"Thanks, and remember, you need to take cooking lessons!"

They both laughed.

After a while, Optimus Prime looked around. Seeing there was no one else in the room, he put Tani down and knelt on the floor.

"Listen," he said, in a heavy tone, "I have to apologize for the night before last. I ..."

Tani gave a gentle, and understanding smile. "You don't have to, Prime. As far as I'm concerned, we shared something very special and private, that will be with us for the rest of our lives." Gently, she kissed him.

He smiled gently and his voice was sincere. "Yes. Thank you, Tani. It was special."

 

*

 Back to Autobot Page

 

Back to Transformers Page