Disclaimers: Transformers are owned by Hasbro.

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic/fanart.

Summary: Megatron falls in love.

Author's notes: Originally posted as Megatron and Mars, and posted on this site originally with its original title when I first wrote it, Megatron and Radar. I changed Mars' name back to her original name Radar, which I feel suits her better and altered the title once more to something that fit the story, but I wanted to give the story a more original sounding title.

Radar and Jephfath created by Seawave.  Profiles below.  Kudos to Ragwan Ahmad, whom, in a letter published in Grim Grams, Marvel Comics UK, Issue 92, 20 Dec, 1986, came up three wonderful names to give Female Transformers - Electra (also spelled Elektra, an ancient Greek heroine - a name I borrowed for  Breakdown's Lady Love), Bellona, Roman Goddess of War and Radar.  And also hats off to Red Skye who discovered the wonderful name Jephfath, whilst we were paging through a baby name book for interesting names - and this one took the oil-cake!   I just HAD to use it!!!  It’s a Hebrew name meaning: "May God {in this case Primus} release the bearer from harmful influences " ... and it couldn't be more appropriate as Jephfath (Jep) is the Decepticon’s Doctor :)

Rating – PG

 

Warnings:  Slight slash implication

~~~~~~~~~~~

A WORLD BEYOND

 

In the midst of a long running battle, blasts fired, bright against the twilight sky. Many Autobots and Decepticons had been wounded. Optimus Prime, his body filthy from the swelling dust, wanted to end it.  He stood and blasted Megatron. Starscream shot Optimus in the back. The Autobot Leader fell, the dust swelling again. Sunstreaker blasted the Decepticon, then ran to him and aimed his electron pulse gun at Starscream.

The jet looked up at him, terrified.  "Please ... don’t shoot ...”

Sunstreaker's brother came to him.  "C'mon, bro ... You've had enough fun for one day. Let 'im go."

Sunstreaker reluctantly complied. He and Sideswipe joined the other Autobots.

The Autobots pressed the attack and the Decepticons were finally forced to retreat. Megatron allowed a final blast at Optimus Prime but the Autobot skillfully swerved out of the way and blasted Megatron twice in his stomach. Megatron fell onto the ground, yelling a virulent age old Cybertronian curse with no Earth language equivalent. But nothing Megatron did surprised Optimus anymore. The Autobots gathered their wounded and left for headquarters. Some stayed to clean up.

Megatron, lying on the ground, slowly got onto his knees and groaned, his hand over his stomach. Revenge was the first thing that came to mind. He heard some Autobots talking growled.

 "C'mon " said Springer.  "Let's get back t' headquarters. The place's clean as it's ever gonna get."

 "Yeah, the others'll be missin’ us ..." joked Bumblebee.

The three Autobots climbed inside Skyfire. As he took off, Megatron blasted after them and hit the jet. Someone fell out of him. Skyfire managed to make away. Megatron ran to where the Autobot had landed and readied his fusion cannon to blast him to pieces. He looked over the hill. It wasn't any of the Autobots he'd seen previously. Puzzled, he looked at the fallen slender red Autobot and walked closer to get a better look. The Transformer was female - and it wasn't Firestar, the only red femme Megatron knew of. Slightly curious, he turned her around. Her eyes were closed, but she was beautiful. The Decepticon leader did not hide his surprise when he saw her insignia. He stared at it and returned, carrying her to Deception headquarters.

When he arrived, he took her to the repair bay, gently laid her on a metal bed and brought some Energon and acetonium to revive her. He did not want to admit his lack of knowledge when it came to repairs, he was a warrior, not a medic. He called Jephfath, the Decepticon CMO and asked him to look after her. The Doctor complied. He hooked her body up to the life support machine.

   "It'll take a while for her to reactivate. She's had some journey and a full on fusion cannon blast doesn't help matters," he added crossly.

Megatron scowled, and felt a twinge of guilt, but at the time all that was on his mind was revenge on the Autobots. He nodded.  "Yes, I know. I thought she was an Autobot and from that distance - who could tell? "

   "Stop making excuses and hand me that scalpel ... please."

Megatron frowned, knowing Jephfath cared for his patients - even this one of whom he had never met - Megatron understood by the way he Decepticon CMO regarded his patient that he respected Femmes, due to their extreme rarity.  He did not like the Doctor's tone, but said nothing. Jephfath knew there was only so far he could go with Megatron, but the scalpel was handed to him without any ado.

Jep used it to open the woman's chest plate and repair her broken circuitry.

   "The damage isn't too bad," Megatron was grateful to hear.   "Looks worse than it is."  Jep was able to repair her few broken circuits and chest plate.

Megatron was relieved when she began reactivating, but hid his feelings.

 "The machine will turn off when she's fully reactivated.  Anything else you need? "

 "No. Good work. You may leave now, Doctor."

Jep nodded and walked swiftly back to his quarters, wishing Megatron had not interrupted him in the middle of The Flying Doctors. Oh well ... he thought. I've got the episodes on DVD and 'Chicago Hope' is about to start - and after that there's Medivac, ER and All Saints!

 

Meanwhile, Megatron wondered who the femme was and where she had come from.

As Jep had told him, the life support machine switched off when she had fully reactivated. She opened her eyes, and quickly sat up.  "Where ... Where ... am I ...  "

She was frightened and began to shiver. Megatron turned to her. She looked around and gasped.

   "Who are you? ..." she asked, her voice shaking slightly.

   "Who are you? " asked Megatron, too curious to find out more about her to worry that she didn't even know who the Leader of the Decepticons was.

  "My name's Radar."

 "I'm Megatron."

 "Megatron!" she exclaimed.  "You're our leader!"

He nodded, a tad puzzled.

 "We've heard of you but we never seen you."

 "We? "

 "When the war with the Autobots and Decepticons started some Autobots left Cybertron. As did some Decepticons. I didn't want to go with them, but Oppressor forced me to go. We knew Oppressor as our leader."

 "I was not aware female Decepticons existed."

 "There are a few of us around."

Megatron thought she was quite beautiful, but kept that it to himself. Starscream came into the room and stared with interest at Radar.

 "My name's Radar " she told him.

Starscream couldn't help smiling at the scene, but an icy look from Megatron made him grab the acetonium tube he needed and exit the room without a word.

 "Tell me more about this Oppressor," Megatron said.

 "He wanted to keep me from knowing anything he didn't want me to know. I realised that after he abused me time and time again. I often tried to escape, but he blasted and threatened me. It was millions of years before I escaped. It was when Oppressor left in a shuttle to go to Cybertron to steal some supplies and energy. I stole his other shuttle which conked out near Saturn of this Solar System, and so I struggled and flew the rest of the way to Earth, where I had learned that the Transformers battle was continuing. A large plane flew past me. Then I was shot by someone. I thought it was Oppressor. I was so frightened ... and then I woke up and found myself here. I thought Oppressor had taken me again, but then I saw you. Oppressor didn't speak much of you, and he didn't have a very high opinion of you."

 "I don't think much of his either," Megatron said.

Radar smiled.  "I've always wanted to meet you and now I have."

Megatron smiled and felt quite flattered.

 "I hated Oppressor " Radar growled.  "He's a selfish, arrogant, lazy pig, but everything's all right now."

Megatron smiled again, hoping he'd meet this Oppressor character and blast the lubricant out of him.

 "What was the planet you were on with him? "

 "Xhalta," replied Radar.  "A deserted grey gloomy world. It was more bearable when I was alone but I'd rather be anywhere but there."

Radar soon met all of the Decepticons, at first she was a little shy. The others were equally surprised to find female Decepticons were alive and well, but Radar had lost contact with all of her femme friends. Radar wanted to explore Earth, her new home, but she was nervous here with all these new people and she always stuck close to Megatron.

He showed her to her quarters.

 "Thank you. These are much larger than my old quarters on Xhalta. Not that I got much privacy there."

Megatron could tell she needed some time alone, and left her in peace.

Radar lay on the resting ledge in her quarters, glad to be away from Xhalta and Oppressor and wanted to find out more about Megatron.

A few days later, Radar told Megatron she was going out to explore.

 "Be careful," he cautioned,  "uhh ... don't let the Autobots see you."

 "Okay ..." she smiled.

She liked Megatron. He seemed kind.

Megatron almost scalded himself for sounding like a mother hen droid, but there was just something about her ...

Radar explored the forest. She saw deer, rabbits and many other animals and smiled. She didn't know what they were but liked them. Everything seemed so peaceful here and she didn't have to worry about Oppressor's lustful drooling or being beaten senseless by him when she didn't succumb to his grotesque desires. Radar knelt down and gently stroked the deer. A rabbit hopped near her. She gently picked it up and. She softly stroked it with her smallest finger.

Megatron watched her through a computer, not knowing what to make of her. Decepticons were supposed to be ruthless! If it was any other Decepticon he'd blast them, but Radar was... different. He liked her and wanted to know more about her.

Radar was gently stroking an injured bird. She took it back to Megatron.

 "What is this? It looks hurt."

 "Radar, Earth has many natural inhabitants." He told her about plants, insects, animals and humans.

 "A bird? Like Laserbeak and Buzzsaw? "

Megatron nodded.  "Sort of."

Radar looked at the bird and from its structure, saw how to set the wing and released it outside.

Megatron discovered Radar was caring for others, loyal, believed in freedom rights. She was reasonable, never unjust or unfair. She was also polite and grateful, not like a Decepticon warrior at all, Megatron thought - and he honestly had no idea why he liked her.

It was quite obvious to Radar that Megatron liked her, but it went deeper than the ravenous sickening lust Oppressor had for her. It was also quite obvious that Megatron hated the Autobots and wanted to destroy them all. Radar didn't know much about war and wanted to ask Megatron more about it. Oppressor had kept her from it. He wasn't a pacifist by any means, but he'd rather be fucking some unfortunate and unwilling femme than fighting. But Megatron was always kind to her, despite his ruthless, merciless reputation.

Radar learned more about the other Decepticons. She was quite perceptive and a fast learner. She wanted to know about the Autobots. She had heard a little of them from Oppressor, but that was all. Of course he'd told her, with that lustful grin, of the Autobot femme's he'd rogered. Radar would not be surprised if he'd made it with unwilling menbots too. To call him a disgusting mechanoid was a severe understatement, and if Radar could have killed him, she would have. She did not believe in killing, but for that bastard, she'd make an exception.

 "I want to know more about the war ... Please tell me more

about it," she said to Megatron.

Megatron told her what she needed to know and filled in the gaps. He told her how the Transformers had come to Earth and gave her a laser gun.

 "You'll need it," he told her.

 "Thank you " she said.

Megatron smiled too. He liked her a lot, but didn't want anyone else to know. He was quite sure Radar knew, and he knew she liked him, but didn't want to rush it. He wanted to be alone with her, but how would he know if anyone was spying on them?

Megatron told the other Decepticons he was going acquire energy readings of the planets with Radar and would be back in a few days.  "Soundwave you are to take charge in my absence."

 "As you command, Megatron." Soundwave said, happy that Megatron had finally found someone again. Although it may not have been obvious to the other Decepticons, he knew Megatron had more than getting energy readings in mind. He'd known his leader too long.

Soundwave readied the space cruiser to launch.  "Have fun."

Megatron looked at his friend, and shook his head. It always seemed as though Soundwave could see right through him.

 "Megatron should have left me in charge, I'm a much better choice that you."

Soundwave chose to ignore Starscream's insult and continued with his duties.

Megatron loved the freedom. No Autobots attacking, no Decepticons pestering him, no Starscream challenging him, no strategic plans to have to fuss over, etcetera ...

Megatron and Radar had just flown past the planet of the same name and they both smiled.

 "My creator told me she'd named me after a red planet in this Solar System."

Megatron smiled and asked Radar if she would like to operate as a spy.

 "Oh I'd love to ..." she exclaimed hugging and kissing him on the cheek.

Megatron was taken by surprise. She had kissed him! He stared into outer space.

 "Oh sorry ..." she broke off,  "I was just so excited.

Megatron said nothing.

 "Sorry ..." repeated Radar.

 "Uhh ... it's okay ..." said Megatron coming out of the trance.

 "Oppressor never let me do anything, other than be his pleasure slave."

 "I'll kill that bastard if I ever find him."

Radar smiled.  "I'm sure you will!"

Starscream was in a foul mood at Decepticon headquarters. He hated Soundwave almost as much as Megatron. I'll let that pompous tape deck be for now ... The red and blue jet wanted to find a good way to get rid of Megatron. In the past he had tried many times only to fail. He'd blasted him, stranded him, humiliated him, frozen him, etcetera. I could blow up the space cruiser ... but the Decepticons need that ship and Radar - It'd be a shame to waste a body like that! Starscream didn't really want to destroy her. It was obvious to him that Megatron had taken a liking to her and he decided to spy on them when they returned. Patience, Starscream, patience...

 "Are you sure you want to become a part of our war? " asked

Megatron.

 "I'm certain. Thanks, Megatron."

 "It's all right."

Starscream smirked, not knowing whether to laugh or barf.

Radar was grateful to learn that Megatron anonymously had put a hefty bounty on Oppressor's head, and that the bugger had been killed.

 "Who did it," she asked excitedly.

 "Someone called Xhana."

 "Xhana!" Radar exclaimed.  "She's a friend of mine. I thought she'd been killed!"

 "Another female Decepticon? "

 "Yes. I'm sooooo glad she killed him - killed by a woman! That's great! I hope you paid her."

At first Megatron had no intention of paying the one million Energon chips, but looking at Radar changed his mind.

 "It's in the mail," he promised, and they both smiled.

Unaware that Autobots were in the forest, Radar went to explore the environment. She quite liked the colours and the scenery. and knelt down.

Windcharger, Hot Rod, Skyfire and Blurr were walking in the forest also enjoying the scenery - then they saw Radar kneeling down and all froze.

 "Who's that? " whispered Hot Rod.

Windcharger shrugged. Blurr just looked at her. They slowly approached her. Blurr stood on a twig. Radar spun around, gasped and instantly stood.

 "Who are you? " asked Skyfire.

Radar didn't say anything, then saw the symbols on them. and became frightened.

 "Who are you? " Skyfire repeated.

Radar was too scared to say anything.

 "Won't talk huh " said Skyfire gently.  "That's all right. We're Autobots. I'm Skyfire this is Blurr, Hot Rod and Windcharger." They smiled at her. Radar looked at them all and decided that they didn't look as if they were going to harm her.

 "I'm Radar " she said, calming.

 "Radar " said Windcharger calmly,  "don't be scared. We won't hurt you."

Skyfire came closer to her. Radar backed away.

 "It's okay ..." Skyfire then saw her symbol.  "What! You're a Decepticon!"

Radar started to run away from him. Skyfire ran after her and

grabbed her. She screamed and tried frantically to struggle away from him.

 "Let me go!" she panicked and tried desperately to get away from Skyfire. He was very much larger and stronger than she. She was terrified.

 "It's all right " calmed Skyfire.  "I'm not going to hurt you."

Radar calmed down a little.

 "I'm not going to hurt you " repeated Skyfire gently.  "Just because you are a Decepticon doesn't mean we're going to kill you ... We hardly know you..."

Radar looked up at Skyfire. He looked kind and understanding. She looked at the other Autobots, Blurr and Hot Rod. They didn't look as if they had any malevolent intentions toward her either.

 "We just wanna know more about you " said Hot Rod, feeling like an idiot when he said it, but didn't know any other way to word it.  "The other Autobots would too. Uhh, we've never seen a female Decepticon before."

Radar trusted them. Megatron had told her that the Autobots were truthful even though they were enemies. And so she went with the them to Autobot headquarters.

 "A female Decepticon? " asked Optimus Prime, quite surprised.  "And she came with you willingly? "

 "That's right, Optimus," said Hot Rod.  "She's beautiful..."

 "Hey!" Arcee squealed

Hot Rod smiled.

 "Seriously, H.R, looks can be deceiving."

 "Fine, R.C! Anyway, she doesn't seem like a Decepticon. When we first saw her she was kneeling down with animals and patting them."

 "Oh " said Arcee surprised.  "But it might be a trick."

 "You're just too suspicious!" He smiled, but thought she may be right.

Meanwhile, at Decepticon headquarters, Megatron was wondering where Radar was. She wasn't usually gone for this long and he began to get worried.

Radar told the Autobots about her history, up until meeting Megatron and the Decepticons. She told them how she loved Earth. They all listened attentively. Radar didn't reveal anything about her relationship with Megatron. All the Autobots seemed kind. They didn't look frightening and they had said they weren't going to harm her, but Radar was still a little nervous. The Autobots with her introduced themselves to her.

 "Thank you " she said, her voice a little shaky.

Optimus Prime wanted to find out more about her. He could see she was hungry and gave her some Energon.

Radar smiled and thanked him, grateful Optimus Prime was so understanding and kind. He watched how she drunk the Energon cube, in polite sips, instead of gulping it like most Decepticons did.

Starscream was in the control room.

 "Starscream, have you seen Radar? " asked Megatron, trying to keep the concerned tone out of his voice.

 "No. Not since this afternoon when she went out."

Megatron left.

Starscream grinned. He really does like her ... Perhaps this's the chance I've been waiting for ...

He decided to spy on Megatron more closely.

Megatron was using the computer in the secondary control room and discovered where Radar was and be became very worried. If the Autobots did anything to harm her, he would rip them to shreds. He wanted to rescue her, but wasn't sure how. He didn't want the Autobots to know that he cared about her. He didn't want anyone to know, except Radar. He knew Soundwave knew. It sometimes irritated him that he was so transparent to Soundwave, but other times he relied on it. He trusted his friend to keep it to himself. Starscream spied on Megatron from the entrance and saw the concerned look on his face, then disappeared into the dark corridor.

 "How does Megatron treat you? " Optimus asked.

 "Quite nicely " she replied.

The Autobot leader was very surprised.  "All right ..." he said.

Radar didn't seem like a typical Decepticon and it was clear the Decepticons had not abused her. Optimus Prime saw no reason to keep her and let her go. She flew back to Decepticon headquarters.

 "Radar!" exclaimed Megatron.  "I was ... worried about you."

 "I'm okay. They didn't hurt me."

 "Fortunate for them."

They hugged each other.

It took everything Starscream had to keep from bursting out laughing. God it made for a funny scene. Cupid finally shot the old bugger! Who would have believed it! Starscream's cunning, mischievous and devious mind was already formulating a plan. He wasted no time in telling the other Decepticons about the couple.

 "Decepticon leaders are supposed to be merciless, ruthless and cruel and never show compassion. Megatron our so called

`leader' has shown compassion and concern for Radar. Therefore he is not fit to be our leader. I am the only suitable leader anyway."

The other Decepticons always bored when Starscream nattered and bragged away about him being their 'new leader.' He had tried so many times to throw out Megatron and failed. They just weren't interested anymore.

 "I will be the new leader of the Decepticons forever " said

Starscream, confident.

 "Yeah, yeah, sure, sure," said Skywarp, bored.  "And how many times have we heard this tape? "

Starscream glared at him.

 "Starscream, you gotta admit y've tried to chuck Megatron out lots a times and y' never have. You've always got yourself into shit and busted up instead," pointed out Astrotrain.

 "I've failed in the past " said Starscream hesitating, choosing his words carefully,  "but so have you all. I will be your new leader ..."

 "Well, we'll be glad to serve you, Your Highness."

Starscream glared at Frenzy, and backhanded him, causing the small Decepticon to crash into the computer. Some sparks flew from the broken circuitry. Frenzy winced with pain, and Thundercracker helped him off, taking care not to touch his wounded back.

 "Enough with the violence already," he said,  "if we keep fighting amongst ourselves we most as well forget fighting the Autobots."

Starscream gave him a look, then left, confident in his plan.

Thundercracker put Frenzy down.

 "Thanks, the small one said,  "I'd love to sock him one."

 "I'm sure," Thundercracker said with a smile.  "You're okay? "

Frenzy nodded.  "Yeah, it's getting better."

The Decepticons refrained from telling Megatron about Starscream's going's on. They were a little uneasy of the jet - he had his own cruel ways of getting his revenge ...

Megatron was in his quarters with Radar. She shyly smiled at him.

 "You're beautiful..." he said, softly, stroking her face gently.

Radar was uneasy at first. Oppressor had touched her like this, but she sensed there was a lot more to Megatron's words and touch than lust.

Megatron knew he couldn't keep silent forever.  "I ..." he began.

Radar looked up at him and kissed again. And she knew.  "I love you ..."

He smiled at her, silently thanking her.  "The feeling's mutual."

Megatron swallowed. He drew his face closer to hers, they embraced, their mouths touched and became locked in a deep, passionate kiss.

Starscream deciding to be a real pain in the ass, opened the door Megatron's quarters, knowing full well Radar was with him. Fortunately the two had disengaged by now. Megatron's head snapped up. Radar was looking at one of Megatron's ancient Cybertronian swords in his quarters.

 "Acknowledge before you enter," Megatron snapped.

 "I'm sorry," Starscream lied.  "The computer in the main control room's on the blink."

 "And you had to come barging in here to tell me that!? "

 "Sorry," Starscream lied.  "The communicator was down."

 "Well go and fix it!"

 "Yes, Megatron," Starscream said, leaving in a hurry, as not to burst into uncontrollable laughter in front of his leader - and he went to 'fix' the computer and communications he'd sabotaged.

Megatron flopped down onto his resting ledge.

 "Sometimes I hate this job ... the stress..." he growled jokingly and Radar joined him laughing.

Starscream began to put the rest of his plan into action.

I'll let the Autobots do my dirty work ... He laughed softly to himself and sent an anonymous message to the Autobots E-Mail address. Bots@St.Helens.com.

 "Do you know who sent it? " Optimus asked?

 "No," Perceptor replied.  "Whoever sent it was very clever. No name or trace address. I can try, but it'll be difficult."

 "Megatron & Radar love each other " Optimus said repeating the short message.  "This is definitely a trick. Be alert, Autobots."

At the time, Ravage had been spying on the Autobots. Intrigued by the topic of conversation, he waited patiently until the control room was deserted, then entered Teletraan I in cassette mode to retrieve the mysterious E-Mail message.

            * * *

The panther reported back to Megatron and gave him the news of the E-Mail. Megatron was not only furious but determined to find the sender and blast them to kingdom come.

 "I tried to analyse it," Ravage growled,  "but I could not find any trace address."

 "Get Soundwave to help you. I want that sender found."

 "Yes, Megatron."

Ravage located Soundwave in his quarters and they started right away.

Starscream found Megatron in the control room.

 "You should be leading us into battle, Megatron," Starscream accused,  "not engaging in personal indulgences. Decepticon leaders are supposed to be cruel, ruthless and merciless."

 "Maybe you'll learn something one day," Megatron said, honestly not in the mood to engage in an argument with Starscream and if he got into one, he'd end up blasting the jet, so he left it at that and left the room.

Radar later entered the control room.

 "Hi, Starscream," she said.

He didn't mind Radar - actually he thought she had a drop dead gorgeous body, but knew Megatron would tear him to smithereens if he so much as looked at her the wrong way. He smiled at her awkwardly, and left. He'd have to find another way to get rid of Megatron.

 "I'm gonna find out who sent that damned message," Megatron told Radar.

 "Let it go, Megatron. No harm came of it."

Megatron considered her words, but didn't want to simply 'let it go.'

Soundwave was busy checking computer logs, records, transmissions and the copy of the message Ravage had returned with. The sender was clever, but not that clever. What was not deleted was a code within the message, which after Soundwave's meticulous searching, it was found to have indeed been sent from Decepticon to Autobot headquarters. Soundwave then accessed logs on which on-line computer it had been sent from, and who had been in the room at the time, and instantly informed Megatron when he had discovered the culprit.

Megatron located Starscream in his quarters.

 "You sent that E-mail message and don't bother denying it."

Oh, shit ...  "What are you talking- "

 "Don't give me that!"

Megatron pointed his fusion cannon at him.

 "No ... I didn't send any message- " Fuck. He's not buying it.  "Please ... don't shoot ..."

 "Starscream, you said Decepticon Leaders are supposed to be cruel, ruthless and merciless ... Well I am."

He blasted Starscream twice. Hurt, Starscream fell onto he floor. Megatron blasted near him.

 "Don't ... Megatron ...  " he pleaded.  "Please don't destroy me ..."

 "And why not, you son of a bitch?!"

Megatron blasted him again. Starscream began bleeding. Megatron blasted once more. Some of Starscream's circuits exploded. Megatron kicked him hard in his stomach.

Starscream vomited.  "Don't, Megatron ..." he wailed.

 "Some of your attempts to get rid of me are really pathetic. So pathetic I wonder if they're worth killing you for. Decepticon leaders also need brains. Perhaps it's because you're so stupid that you never succeed. Decepticon leaders seldom fail. You'd never make a leader, Starscream."

Megatron kicked him once more. Starscream vomited again.

 "Please, Megatron ... Don't! Don't! ..."

Megatron blasted several times again and smiled.  "I'll just leave you here in pain...  " He glared at the jet.  "I warn you never to cross me again." He kicked Starscream hard in the head and left.

It took everything Starscream had to hold back tears of pain. He tried to stop the bleeding, to no avail. He had never felt such pain in his life before. He heard someone coming into his quarters. He was frightened and hoped it wasn't Megatron deciding to finish the job.

 "Starscream!" Radar exclaimed.  "What happened?!"

She knelt down beside him.  "What happened? " she asked again, gently.

It hurt Starscream to talk.  "Your ... lover got the ... shits."

Radar half smiled, but seeing the pained look on Starscream's dark grey face, and his shivering, she looked contrite. Radar felt sorry for him, gently picked him up and took him to the repair bay and cleaned him up,

 "Jep, can you give me a hand? "

Jep emerged from his office.

 "You again, Screamers... He's a regular, y'know."

Starscream was in too much pain to smile.

 "When will you ever learn? Maybe I should just put you out of your misery."

 "NO!"

 "Shut up, I was kidding."

Radar and Jephfath repaired his broken circuits and split skin. Starscream could not believe how gentle Radar was.

 "Why did he do it? " she asked.

Starscream didn't want to tell her and kept silent.

Radar realised.  "I know, Starscream. It's all right ..." she said gently.

Starscream was stunned. She had actually forgiven him. Radar smiled and helped him up. She was quite angry with Megatron, however and wanted to find him.

 "How could you be so cruel? " she asked hurt.

Megatron's expression told Radar he didn't know what she was on about. Radar looked at him sadly.

 "What? "

 "I saw what you did to Starscream!"

 "He sent that damn- "

 "I know what he did. He didn't tear you apart though. He didn't cause you - or us any pain ... Megatron he was bleeding and in so much pain ..."

 "He deserved it."

 "No, he didn't."

Megatron thought about what Radar had said. In truth, thinking back he may have been too hard on Starscream, but all he could think about was Radar and how he couldn't bear to be without her and took all his anger out on the red and blue jet.

 "I'm sorry, Radar " he said.  "I ... I wasn't thinking..." He hoped Radar still loved him.

 "Don't say sorry to me. Apologize to Starscream."

Megatron looked at her, Radar looked back at him. Megatron sighed. He wasn't going to win this one.

He found Starscream in his quarters.

Starscream looked at his leader wearily, hoping he hadn't come for a second round.

 "I am apologising for the pain I caused you," he said abruptly.

Starscream stared at him.  "What? Am I hearing things? "

 "No."

Starscream was at a loss for words.

 "Women ..." was all Megatron growled, then promptly walked off.

Starscream smiled. In that moment he'd seen an insight into his leader that he'd never seen before.

            * * *

When no more came of the E-Mail message, Optimus Prime trashed it and the Autobots never spared it a second thought.

            * * *

Megatron needed an Autobot to learn of Optimus Prime's latest plan. He ordered Breakdown to go.

Breakdown wasn't in the mood and wished Megatron would've chosen someone else, but he said nothing.

Breakdown reached Autobot headquarters. Optimus Prime saw him and blasted him. The Decepticon fell onto the ground. Breakdown was hurt and frightened. Optimus ran over to him.

 "What do you want? " he demanded.

Breakdown groaned and was shivering. He put his hand up to stop Optimus from blasting him again. Breakdown didn't believe he belonged in the war or on planet Earth - actually he didn't believe in the war, but he had to capture an Autobot. The price for failure at Decepticon headquarters was high with added tax. He carefully reached for his gun, in his leg compartment. He pulled it out, shot Optimus Prime and Cliffjumper. He grabbed the unconscious red Autobot and flew back to Decepticon headquarters, knowing that Megatron would destroy the little Autobot when he had extracted any useful information. One day we're all gonna die in this war. What's the point of it all? ... Great - now I'm starting to sound like Dead End.

 "Good work, Breakdown!" congratulated Megatron.

Cliffjumper scowled.  "Just wait till I get outta these chains."

Megatron grabbed the small Autobot. Cliffjumper tried to struggle away, to no avail. Megatron was much stronger than him. The Decepticon leader took him to the torture chambers

and strapped him to the table.

 "Now, Cliffjumper, you're going to tell me everything I want to know ..."

 "Not on your life," the Autobot spat.

An Energon bar shot around his stomach and two bars around his wrists, another bar around his neck and one around his ankles. Cliffjumper tried to struggle free, but the more he struggled the tighter the bars became.

 "Lemme go ..."

 "So what have you got to tell me? "

Cliffjumper glared up at the Decepticon Leader.  "That you're an evil son of a bitch!"

 "All right, then " Megatron growled.  "Have it your way."

He turned on a torture machine on.

 "Does it hurt? " asked Megatron sounding sarcastically gentle.

Cliffjumper scowled. Megatron smiled, then turned up the power.

Cliffjumper tried to ignore the pain. He wasn't going to give Megatron the pleasure. The Decepticon leader continued increasing the power.

The Autobot could barely bear the pain, but wasn't going to give Megatron the satisfaction.

Megatron smiled evilly as he left the room.

Radar heard muffled yelling coming from the torture chamber, and so she entered the room. She gasped at what she saw and immediately began retracting the Energon bands around the Autobot. Cliffjumper coughed and sat up on the table.

 " "Thank you ... you're a Decepticon!" He was too weak to fight.  "Why did you ..."

Fortunately the pain Cliffjumper endured was only on the surface and he didn't need much time to recover. Breakdown saw Radar with Cliffjumper. He couldn't help it and said a short apology to Cliffjumper and a brief explanation of how much he hated the war.

 "If I didn't hear it with my own ears, I wouldn'ta believed it."

 "Not all Decepticons are ruthless warmongers," Breakdown said.

Radar helped Breakdown to get out of Decepticon headquarters, with Cliffjumper. Breakdown returned him to Autobot headquarters, unaware that Megatron had detected him with the scanner.

Breakdown returned to Decepticon headquarters.

 "Helping Autobots is fatal, Breakdown," Megatron said, glaring down at him.  "You filthy traitor ..."

The white and dark blue Decepticon swallowed. Oh gawd ... this is it...

Breakdown was terrified and kept silent.

Megatron threw him into a prison cell.

 "I'll be back for you," he said in disgust, leaving, wishing he could slam the automatic sliding door.

 "Why don't you destroy him now? " Brawl asked.

 "Because waiting for termination is often more excruciating."

 "Ahh."

 "Megatron," Motormaster said.  "I'm sure I can talk to him. He's clearly disturbed about something."

 "Nice try, Motormaster. I admire your comradeship for a fellow Stunticon, but my decision stands."

As a last resort, Breakdown used his internal communicator to radio Radar, who was out in her favorite place in the forest.

 "I'll be right there," she said, angry with Megatron again. She cut communications with Breakdown and kicked a pile of leaves.  "I come out here to cool off ... That Megatron... what am I gonna do with him? He doesn't seem to care about anyone except me and a few other Decepticons."

 "Hello, Radar " Megatron said.

 "Hi," she said, her voice sour.

 "What's up? "

 "Don't kill Breakdown."

 "What? "

 "Don't kill him," she repeated.

 "How did you know about this? " asked Megatron.

 "Does it matter? "

 "Radar, he helped the enemy escape."

 "I helped Cliffjumper escape too," Radar said,  "I let him out of the torture chamber," and before Megatron could get a word in edgewise, Radar continued.  "That was totally unnecessary hurting him like that. You don't care about anyone - not even your own Decepticons - and so if you're going to kill Breakdown for it, kill me too."

Megatron glared at her, wanting to strangle, shoot and make love to her at the same time.  "Radar, we are Decepticons. Autobots are our enemies."

 "Well I'm so sorry, I'm not cruel like you, so blast me."

 "DAMN YOU!" Megatron yelled, storming off.

Radar watched after him and shook her head with a smile.

 "Megatron must like you," Breakdown said, when Radar released him.

 "He's got the shits with me at the moment," she said.

 "If he was really angry with you, you wouldn't be talking to me right now. Thanks for helping me."

 "Don't mention it."

Radar decided to give Megatron the time he needed to cool off. She sat in her quarters, doing a tapestry, of a dolphin, an Earth pastime she's taken a liking to. Her door buzzer sounded.

 "Come in," she said.

Megatron stood at the doorway.

 "Am I disturbing you? " He had calmed considerably. His anger with the Autobot incident seemed to have evaporated.

 "Not at all," Radar said, putting down her needlework, grateful he'd come.

There was a silence.

 "I wanted to ... apologize," Megatron said, finding the words difficult.

Radar motioned for him to come closer.  "There's no need to, but thank you anyway. I'm not what you would call a 'typical Decepticon' and I guess that'll be hard for you to get used to."

Megatron half smiled.  "That and I haven't got a damned clue why I love you and I don't care ..." And with that he leaned closer and kissed her, pushing her back onto the resting ledge...

The following day Megatron and Radar flew to a cliff, overlooking a natural pure acid lake, uncovered by a recent volcanic eruption. Radar knelt down. A curious black puma cub had some to sniff out the mysterious strangers. Radar smiled, picked it up and stroked it gently. She loved animals. She handed the cub to Megatron, whom had never held any animal before. He felt awkward and wasn't sure what to do when it hissed at him.

 "No, hold him like this," Radar showed him, and the kitten began to purr.

Megatron half smiled, then handed the cub back to Radar,

who released it. The animal bounded off and started to play in the tall grass. Radar stood up, and slipped on some moss and winced.

 "Are you all right? " Megatron asked, concerned.

 "I've done in my wrist, but it should be all right."

Megatron gently helped her up.

 "Thanks." Radar looked up into the sky. She loved Earth.

One thing she had learned here was how to be more assertive and demanding when needed. Oppressor knew just how to crush her spirit and self esteem, manipulate her and which buttons to push. At first Radar felt she would be helpless of he ever located her here, but now, he was dead, and even if he wasn't, she felt she'd fight to the end and never let anyone control her again.

The two Decepticons were unaware that they were being closely watched by two Autobots, Ironhide and Cliffjumper. Radar walked with Megatron to the edge of the cliff. They looked down into the deep valley, being forged by the acid lake.

 "Beautiful, but deadly," Megatron said, looking down at the sparkling, crimson liquid.

Due to the weight of the two Transformers, the cliff edge gave way. Radar slipped and began to tumble into the valley. She screamed. She was the only Decepticon who couldn't fly in robot mode. Megatron immediately flew after her and grabbed her hand, but it slipped through. She was falling fast.

 "MEGATRON, HELP ME!!" she screamed, petrified.

Megatron zoomed down as fast as he could and flew under her. She landed in his arms, much to both Transformers relief. Megatron began to fly with her to the top of the cliff. Unexpectedly the acid lake erupted. A huge splash of acid splatted over Radar and Megatron. Radar yelped. Megatron held tightly onto her, despite the pain of the acid eating his arms away. He laid her down at the top of the cliff, away from the edge and was shocked. Radar had taken the worst of the splash. Her entire chest was being eaten away. She looked weakly up at Megatron, thankful that the acid nullified her nervous system and she no longer felt any pain. She felt the acid eating away at her insides and knew she didn't have long left. She weakly raised a hand, touched Megatron's face and smiled. He held her hand gently in his.

 "I'm taking you back to headquarters."

She shook her head.  "It's too late for that."

 "No, it's not," Megatron insisted, gently lifting her up.

 "I'm not going to make it."

 "Don't say that.  Please."

Radar admired his confidence. She did not want to die, but felt nothing could save her.

 "I want you ... to know ... I'm grateful for everything you've done for me... Megatron..."

Radar closed her eyes and her body went limp in his arms.

 "No, Radar, please do not do this to me ...”

 

 "Come on," Ironhide said quietly.  "Let's leave him be."

 "But, Ironhide- " Cliffjumper started to complain.

 "It's not our business," the older Autobot said, rolling away.

Cliffjumper followed. Ironhide harboured no love for the Decepticon leader, but felt even Megatron needed his peace and the two Autobots felt something they never thought they would.  Despite their hatred for Megatron, both Autobots found themselves hoping Radar would survive.

 

Megatron arrived at Decepticon headquarters as soon as he could, hoping to the Cyber-Heavens Radar was simply unconscious or in a coma.

  "Is there anything you can do for her, Jephfath? " he asked.

Jep eyed Radar.  "Wound's deep but I'll do my best."  He did not want to tell Megatron just how deep the wound ran.

Megatron nodded and left Radar with him.  “Please, do everything you can for her.”

 

Starscream saw his leader leave. He saw past Megatron's blank, expressionless face. He'd known him to long and secretly felt a pang of pity for him, but not that he would admit it in a thousand blue fits.

 

Megatron remained in his quarters with a colossal stack of Energon cubes he’d taken with him and drowned his sorrows.

Sometime later his door chime sounded.

 "Go away." he snapped.

The chime sounded once more.  Megatron ignored it and drank another cube.  Soundwave entered and saw his leader sitting on his resting ledge, head down and a fair few empty Energon cubes around him. This had happened once before to Soundwave's knowledge - after Nightbird, the female Ninja Earth Robot Megatron had taken a serious liking to had been deactivated by the Autobots.

 "I told y' ... go 'way!"

 "You are drunk." It was a statement.

 "So shoot me. Want some? " He handed Soundwave a half full Energon cube.  "It's good stuff."

 "No thank you," Soundwave said politely declining.

Megatron shrugged and took a swig of the cube himself, then downed the rest.

 "This is not healthy," Soundwave said, knowing Megatron didn't care.  "You will make yourself sick."

 "So fucking what?"

Soundwave pushed some empty cubes out of the way and sat down beside his leader.  Megatron rarely used Earthen words, feeling human languages were beneath him, but this was no ordinary time.

 "I know how much she meant to you," he started to say.

Megatron seemed miles away.  "Do you?”

  “Yes, Megatron, I do.”

The Decepticon Leader smiled.  “She was something, wasn't she? "

Soundwave nodded.  "She would have to be."

 "It's not fair!" Megatron yelled, his face twisted with anger and pain. He kicked an empty cube so hard it shattered and threw another into the wall.

Soundwave winced. He hated to see his leader - his best and only friend like this. Megatron reached for another Energon cube. Soundwave tried to stop him, but Megatron snatched it away and drank it in a single gulp. He looked at Soundwave and smiled.  "Don't look so glum."

Soundwave was momentarily taken by surprise by Megatron's words. Megatron handed him an Energon cube. Soundwave wasn't hungry, but reluctantly drank it, otherwise Megatron would pester him until he did.

 "Do you remember that time, about ten years ago, when we had that anti-grav platform? " Megatron asked.

Soundwave nodded.  "What about it? "

 "Remember when Powerglide escaped with that human girl and sent the platform crashing down on us? "

 "And you told me to raise the force shields."

Megatron nodded.  "And you said 'what force shields?' " He grinned.  "Made a hell of a mess, didn't it? "

Soundwave nodded in acknowledgement, and couldn't help smiling.

Megatron smiled too.  "And I ordered you to construct force shields ..."

 "And stormed off in a huff."

Megatron chuckled.  "And you did construct those force shields, didn't you? "

Soundwave nodded, not knowing where this was leading, but anything to keep Megatron's mind off Radar.

 "And what about the time on Cybertron when we were ambushed by that bunch of huge guardian robots ... - scared the hell out of both of us - " Megatron admitted with a laugh.

Soundwave smiled. He loved it when his leader reminisced over old times, good, bad, or even insignificant.

 "Those were the days," Megatron said.  "Nothing seems so simple anymore."

He wasn't making much sense, and Soundwave didn't need to count the empty cubes to see that Megatron had drunk quite a few more than one too many. He jerked when he felt Megatron's hand curl gently around his. He looked down, gave a pitiful smile, sympathetically clasped Megatron's hand in his and squeezed lightly. He looked into his friends eyes and saw the pain, behind the drunkenness and the  "Ruthless, Merciless Decepticon Leader," and even although Megatron would probably balk at the idea, Soundwave just wanted to throw his arms around his leader to comfort him, and then out of the blue, Megatron did it for him. Taken aback at first, Soundwave jerked, then calmed, feeling grateful his leader had finally let his feelings go. He knew it would happen one of these days, not quite like this, though, but he had been expecting it for quite some time. Megatron looked up at him, seemingly embarrassed, but Soundwave smiled, the expression in his crimson eye band telling Megatron that no apology was necessary. The older Decepticon smiled, grateful for Soundwave's presence and understanding.

 "Thank you," he said softly, still holding Soundwave's hand.

He leaned closer to the other Decepticon, turned his face toward his had they drew closer. This had only happened once before - a very long time ago on Cybertron. Soundwave understood better than anyone that Megatron needed him now more than ever and he was here for him and there was no other place in the universe the dark blue Decepticon would rather be, but here.

 

It took many hours, but Jephfath, much to his relief had stopped the acid eating away at Radar, with a strong, but gentle acting alkaline substance he had invented. He had observed which of the circuits and internal organs were repairable and which needed to be totally replaced. Most of the damaged circuits and wires, and those that had been totally eaten away by the acid were extremely finicky. Radar was an Older Generation Transformer, and so her body was weaker than most. Jep replaced the circuits and organs, with compatible newer models, sturdier than her own. Some of the newer technology was not compatible, however, and Jep had to use his own ingenuity to make it work. He was a very adept and accomplished doctor and took pride in the fact. He hated to lose a patient, as if made him feel as though he wasn't good enough, but he knew there were many casualties in war, and he had lost patients through no fault of his own. But Radar wasn't a casualty of war, but very unfortunate circumstances, and even though the odds were against him, Jephfath was going to do all he could to save her.

            * * *

Ironhide and Cliffjumper had reported back to Autobot headquarters.

 "What was Megatron up to? " Optimus Prime asked.

 "Nothing," Ironhide replied.  "Nothing nasty anyway. He and Radar were together."

Ironhide proceeded to tell his leader the events that had transpired.

 "So she died? "

 "I don't know. I presume Megatron took her back to Decepticon headquarters to have her repaired."

 "He seemed pretty cut up about it too," Cliffjumper added.

 "Thank you," Optimus Prime said.  "That is all."

Ironhide and Cliffjumper left, their report complete.

For the first time, Optimus Prime felt pity for his arch enemy. Who would have thought Megatron knew the meaning of love? In this war we have our opinions of our enemies - we have known them and fought against them for so long but do we really know them?

            * * *

Soundwave had cleared away the many empty Energon cubes, strewn around Megatron's quarters and left his leader to a much needed rest.

Jephfath jerked when he heard the door chime.

 "If it's not an emergency, bugger off!"

 "Jephfath? "

 "Oh ... Soundwave, come in."

The door slid away and the dark blue Decepticon entered.

 "Sorry 'bout that. This is very fiddly work."

 "I understand," Soundwave said.  "If I am disturbing you, I'll leave."

 "No, it's all right. The imminent danger's over. I've stopped the acid eating away at her."

 "That is wonderful news."

Jep nodded.  "I’ll say,  but if I can't repair the damage, she's history. How's Megatron taking it? Not too well, I'd imagine. I don't imagine he's sober yet."

 "How did you know? "

Jep smiled.  "I'm a doctor. I don't miss much around here, but don't worry - I'll keep it quiet."

 "Thank you."

Besides Megatron, Jephfath was one of the few Decepticons Soundwave trusted.

 "Do everything you can for her, Jephfath."

The doctor nodded and smiled. Soundwave seemed to be one of few who could pronounce his name properly.

It took many more hours, and many swear words for Jephfath to integrate Radar' new circuits, wires and internal organs. He had left out some non-essential obsolete wiring, which would be of no use to her and would have been a hell of a job to reproduce or repair. Fortunately, her brain was not damaged. Jephfath counted his blessings. He knew Megatron would be very upset if he failed, but that's not what worried him. He knew his leader would understand if nothing could be done for her. Jephfath knew he was an excellent medic, but he wasn't a miracle worker.

Jep suffered some setbacks when Radar' body refused to accept some of the newer implants. It frustrated him, and he used much colourful language, but found ways around the problems and sorted out the bugs. He constructed a new chest plate for her, with a stronger metal. Her chest had been the weakest part on her body. Jephfath had been careful to fashion it just the right size, with the same marks and colouring. He placed it over her and welded it shut, with an invisible access panel for future repair, should she need it - if there was going to be a future for her.

He positioned the energizer machine over her, turned it on and slowly began to reactivate her. If Radar didn't reactivate, there would be nothing Jephfath - nothing anyone could do.

He looked at her anxiously.

 "Come on, baby..." he pleaded encouragingly.  "Don't die on me now."

Jephfath watched the blue beam of energy cascading from the machine, being absorbed by Radar' body. He turned up the power a fraction and the beam became slightly brighter.

Jephfath, unlike most Decepticons was extremely patient. He waited for hours in the repair bay, to at least see some sign of life from Radar.

 "You’re something special, you know that, don't you?"

He held her hand. At first he thought he saw movement, but dismissed it.

 "I've been in here too long..."

And then he saw it again and heard a faint groan like noise. Jep leapt up and checked the life support machine. The line had a slight recurring blip, but it was only small.

 "Eureka! Stay with me, Baby..."

He studied the readout and gently turned up the recharging power. Radar' groaning became louder and she began to move a little more. It was a full twenty minutes before she opened her eyes. At first she squinted, and tried to recall where she was.

 "J ... ep fath..." Her voice was weak and faint.

 "It's alive! It's alive!" Jephfath squealed with delight.  "Oh joy!" He wanted to hug her, but she was too weak for that.  "Hang in there ..." he said to Radar. He turned off the recharging power and handed her a diluted Energon cube. She was too weak to drink one at full strength. It took her a while to finish the cube.

 "Thank you," she said with considerably more strength.  "You saved my life."

Jephfath smiled.  "Hey, I'm a doctor."

Radar smiled too.

 "Your strength should return within the week," he said.  "You were hurt bad."

 "I know ... I can't believe you fixed me."

The doctor smiled again.  "It took some doing, sister!"

The door chime sounded.

 "Soundwave? " Jephfath inquired.

 "Yes."

 "Come in. I had a feeling it was you."

The blue Decepticon entered and the sight he saw almost brought tears to his eyes.

 "Hello, Soundwave," Radar said, her voice still weak.

 "Hello, Radar," he said, scarcely able to keep the happiness out of his voice.

 "As I said to her," Jephfath said," it took some doing, but she's back in the land of the living now."

Soundwave looked at the Doctor. I love you, Jephfath!    "Thank you, Jephfath," was all he said.

 "Megatron sober yet?"

 "Not quite. He's resting."

 "Had a few too many, I see."

Seemingly embarrassed, Soundwave nodded.

 "Don't worry - the secret's safe with me."

 "Thank you."

 "Ohh, that poor baby," Radar said, sympathetically, regarding Megatron.

Soundwave and Jephfath shared a look, and smiled. Megatron had been described a lot of ways, but never like that!

Soundwave pressed the door chime to Megatron's quarters and was answered with a groan.

 "Who is it? "

Soundwave answered by entering. Megatron looked up. Soundwave was unable to ascertain whether his leader was glad to see him or not. He looked weary, haggard and as though he'd fought a battle single handedly with Unicron.

 "Ohh, Soundwave," he groaned.  "Why do I feel so damned awful..."

 "It is called a hangover."

Megatron grunted.  "It felt good at the time."

 "I'm sure it did. Here, take this." Soundwave handed Megatron a medium sized cube, filled with a sickly orange coloured liquid.

 "What is it? "

 "One of Jephfath's concoctions. Says it's the best cure for a robotic hangover."

 "Great ... so the whole Universe knows about this?"

 "Just Jephfath and I.”

Megatron smiled. Soundwave was one of the very few Transformers he did trust. He took the cube.  "I hope this doesn't taste as bad as it looks." He drank it slowly and pulled a face.  "Whooh... It's worse!"

Soundwave smiled.  "He didn't say it tasted good. According to Jephfath, it should take effect within minutes."

 "Good," Megatron groaned.  "To use an apt Earth phrase ... I feel like shit."

When Jephfath was satisfied Radar had regained enough strength to be up and about, he released her from the repair bay, warning her not to exert herself or to transform into her Bentley car mode for at least 72 hours. He tried to be stern, but smiled halfway through.

 "Don't worry," Radar smiled.  "Who am I to argue with the Doctor?"

 "You're really something, you know that?" Jep smiled.

She gave him a hug.  "Thanks."

Soundwave greeted her.  "Are you feeling all right?"

 "Much better, thanks to Jephfath!"

 "Forsooth!" the doctor exclaimed.  "Another who can say my name right! I must be dreaming!"

Radar smiled again.  "I have to see Megatron."

Jep nodded.  "All right, but don't let him hug you too hard. Don't worry Soundwave, my lips are welded."

Soundwave nodded and radioed Megatron.

 "Go away!" was the snap.  "I don't want to be disturbed!"

 "Megatron."

 "Oh ... apologies, Soundwave."

 "I have news on Radar."

Megatron tensed.  "Did she make it?"

 "Affirmative"

Affirmative.  Soundwave had said that many times, but none sounded as sweet as it did now. He was in the repair bay like a shot.

 "Radar!!" he exclaimed hardly believing his senses, throwing his arms around her.

 "Ooh ..." she started.  "Not so tight."

Megatron let go, grateful no other Decepticons, apart from Soundwave, whom he trusted explicitly and the doctor whom had taken an oath saw his emotional outburst.  "Apologies, my dear," he said.

Radar smiled.   Megatron turned to the doctor, granted him a high commendation and increased his rank Chief Medical Officer.

 "I’m ... I’m honoured," Jephfath said.  "But I'm a doctor and I do what is necessary and expected of me. The Cybercratic oath I took when I became a doctor states that and my own ethics do too."

Megatron nodded, and thanked him again.

He left the repair bay with Radar and Soundwave.

 "I have something I need to discuss in private with Soundwave," he said.

Radar nodded understandingly.

Megatron entered a room with the blue Decepticon and shut the door, then turned to him.

 "First thing," he said.  "I still have no idea why I'm so attracted to her. She's so unlike a Decepticon ... opposite even."

Soundwave nodded.  "Perhaps it is because she is so different.  Opposites attract – Perhaps what you do not have, you have found in her."

Megatron thought, then nodded.  "Perhaps, but I never thought it was possible."

 "Anything is possible, Megatron," Soundwave told him.

 "It seems you're right again," Megatron smiled, then he paused.  "Thank you for everything, Soundwave. I don't know what I would have done if- "

 "It's all right," the tape deck said.  "You needed me."

 "You seem to know more about me than I do."

Soundwave smiled.  "Call me observant."

Megatron smiled back at him.  "Thank you."

Soundwave knew exactly what Megatron was referring to and nodded.  "It was my pleasure." And he would never reveal what had happened to another soul. He would rather die in agony - and that was the truth.

Megatron and Soundwave exited the room, and Radar was waiting for them. She respected Megatron's need for privacy and had not eaves dropped on their conversation and did not ask him about it, which both surprised and pleased Megatron. Soundwave sensed it was time for him to leave. He could see Megatron wanted - needed some time alone with Radar. He was not jealous of her, in fact quite happy for his friend and he would always be there for Megatron when he needed him again, likewise he knew Megatron would be there for him.

 "I will be in the control room if you need me," Soundwave said.

Megatron nodded.  "Thank you."

 

Unbeknownst to the Decepticons, Bumblebee had been on them. He had not heard the conversation between Megatron and Soundwave, for which the two Decepticons would have been most relieved, but he had learned that Radar had been repaired. Undetected, he left and reported back to Autobot headquarters. Optimus Prime found himself feeling grateful both for Radar and Megatron.

 "Who knows, Bumblebee, perhaps love is the key to end this mess of a war."

The little yellow one looked up at his leader and smiled, respectfully - perhaps it was.

 

* * *

The Decepticon leader entered his quarters with Radar, for some much needed time alone with her. For now he was sick of the sight of Energon and if he saw another cube he would scream, but he knew that would pass soon enough, but Energon was the last thing on his mind now - all he was thinking about was Radar. He didn't want to think about anything else - not how his relationship would affect him, or the Decepticon cause - where the relationship would lead or what would happen in future. Megatron slid his arms around her and kissed her gently. She returned his embrace. He pressed his body closer to hers, pulling her closer to him - and he reminded himself to be gentle...

 

*

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

RADAR

ALLEGIANCE: DECEPTICON

FUNCTION:  WARRIOR/CONFIDANT

 

   "I am free."

 

Profile: Radar escaped a harrowing ordeal of being trapped by a Decepticon called Oppressor. To cut a long story short, she came to Earth and fell in love with Megatron, who returned her feelings.  Opposites attract they say.  Radar is gentle and believes in freedom.  She believes Megatron wants to free the Universe, not control it.  She was killed, but resurrected by Optimus Prime and as a result Megatron feels indebted to Prime.

Abilities:  In car mode she is capable of 600 mph.  She carries a small pistol for defence. She is agile.

 

Weaknesses:  She cannot fly in robot mode.  Her ordeal still haunts her.

 

  -- TECH SPECS --

 

STRENGTH - 6

INTELLIGENCE - 7

SPEED - 8

RANK - 9

COURAGE - 6

ENDURANCE - 6

FIREPOWER - 4

SKILL - 7

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

JEPHFATH (Pronounced Jep-Fath)- short e and a

ALLEGIANCE: DECEPTICON

FUNCTION: DOCTOR - DECEPTICON CMO (Chief Medical Officer)

 "Pain is all in the mind."

Profile: He's the Decepticons' CMO.  Rival of Autobot CMO, Ratchet. He's jealous of Ratchet, but he's learned a lot from him. He's not as good as his rival.  He resents that and is always trying to improve. 

Jephfath would rather spend time improving his medical methods than repairing Decepticons after a battle. There are sometimes so many casualties that he has no time to himself.  One thing he really hates is repairing Starscream after he's had a falling out with Megatron.   "If I have to repair Starscream one more time, I really will scream!"

But he gets the job done and to the other Decepticons, that's all that matters. Humans fascinate him. He secretly studies the human anatomy and medicine in his spare time - when he has some!

Most get his name wrong, so he's called Jep most of the time.  He sometimes gets so angry when his fellow Decepticons expect him to 'repair this - repair that', he storms out and goes off on his own and it takes quite a lot of coaxing to bring him back.

Also, something he will never reveal to anyone, is that he has great admiration for Ratchet and is ever grateful to him.  Millions of years ago on Cybertron Ratchet performed a life-saving operation on him, even after he'd dispatched him, and Jephfath feels he owes him and wants to repay him. Another thing he keeps under lock and key.  He was once Ratchet's apprentice, whom Ratchet kicked out for using unorthodox methods when the Autobot deemed them unnecessary.   However Jephfath argues that sometimes conventional medical practices don't cut it - if they failed then there would be nothing left to do than to try something radical to save someone's life.

He was recruited by Megatron, both for his skills and rejection by the Autobots. To which Jephfath felt an inner satisfaction that someone appreciated his talents. Megatron captured  him and Jephfath thought he was doomed.

   "I don't know any secrets or plans ... So ... ahh ... my last request is ... uhh ... make it quick..." He squeaked and shut his eyes tight.

Megatron smiled.   "You misunderstand, My Dear Jephfath. I want you to join us."

Jephfath opened his eyes.  "Oh."

   "The Autobots have Ratchet, so, put it simply - we too need a doctor.  So are you with us ... If not, I'm afraid I will have to kill you."

Jephfath removed his Autobot symbol and flicked it away without hesitation.  "I'm in.  I'll take the job."

Megatron smiled and gave him A new Decepticon symbol.  He saw the sincerity as Jephfath wiped his chest as he placed on his new symbol, for the first time in his life, feeling wanted. 

 

Abilities: Jephfath possesses incredible medical knowledge and he's improving it all the time. He has various tools, such as Transcorders, laser scalpels, you name it - he's got it. Transforms into an ambulance, max speed 500 km/h and his blaring siren can be heard for miles!  In robot mode he uses a small concussion blaster and his arms can convert into canons, though he rarely uses the, except in emergencies and when he loses his temper, which is not very often.  He'd rather be learning, improving and repairing people and things than destroying them.

 Weaknesses: He doesn't have too many defences, tools and quick wit, which is why he isn't  much use in an artillery battle - And if Jephfath was killed, who the heck would repair everyone?  He gets depressed when fellow Decepticons use his talents to repair menial things and don't seem to appreciate his unique talents or his value.   He's also always second guessing himself, measuring himself up to what Ratchet would do and he's scared that Megatron will admonish him for his failings in that regard and even punish him for wanting to repay the Autobot.  Also, he's terrified of Ratchet and dreads encountering him once more.

 

-- TECH SPECS --

STRENGTH -- 6          INTELLIGENCE -- 8

SPEED -- 7                  RANK -- 7

ENDURANCE -- 6      COURAGE -- 7

FIREPOWER -- 4        SKILL -- 8

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

 Back to Decepticon Page

 

Back to TransFormers Page