~ Qui Yummies and Official foodie Goodie Pix ~

 

(Well Qui is pretty yummy anyway ;)

 

Found this pic online. Very cute!!!

 

Qui-Gon Jinn-ger Snaps

 

 

 {Modified from Star Wars Episode I Cookbook}

 

According to Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn himself, these cookies are an energising nibble –

 for the Jedi Master in all of us  :)

 

 4 cups flour

3 tablespoons ginger

3 tablespoons cinnamon

1 teaspoon nutmeg

 

1 teaspoon sea salt

½ teaspoon baking soda

2/3 cups sugar (brown or caster)

 

125 g butter/olive spread

2 eggs

2/3 cup honey - or agave syrup

1 tablespoon vanilla essence

  

In a large bowl mix the flour, sugar, spices, salt and baking soda.

In a separate bowl, beat the butter/olive spread and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add the vanilla essence and mix in.  Add the eggs and beat until creamy. 

Add half the dry mixture and mix until well blended.  Pour in the honey and mix until combined.  Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the remaining dry mixture and mix until well combined.  If your mixture is not moist enough, add some water.

 Wrap the mixture up in a tea towel and chill for 1 hour.   Preheat oven to 175 C (350 F)

 Line a baking tray with foil or baking paper.  Make the cookies into rounds.  To make the door that Qui-Gon cuts through with his lightsabre, with a knife, cut a crescent shape out of the centre of the cookies.

 Bake for 12-15 minutes for softer cookies, 20 minutes for crispy ones. 

Remove from oven to cool.  Makes approximately 20 small cookies. 

 

~ Enjoy and May The Force Be With You ~

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

~ Liam Neeson's very own Glens of Antrim Irish Stew ~

 Yummieeee!!!

 

{Recipe cut out of Australian TV Week}

 

 

 

 "Serve with good bread, a bottle of wine, such as Margaux '85, and Van Morrison's 'Celtic Twilight' playing in the background."

  

Serves 4

 

25 g butter

900 g lamb or beef, cubed (or 900 g silken firm tofu - drained - for vegetarian version) - I made both a lamb and vegetarian version)

1 large onion, coarsely chopped

2 carrots, coarsely chopped

2 tsp plain flour

275 ml beef stock  (or vege stock)

1/1/2 tbsp tomato puree

1/1/2 tbsp sugar (or more if desired)

2 potatoes, cubed

1 bottle of Guinness or cup of red wine

1 bouquet garni (sprig of parsley, sprig of thyme, 1 bay leaf tied up in muslin)

Salt, freshly ground black pepper and Tabasco sauce

 

Melt butter in a large pan and cook meat in, batches until browned.  Remove meat from pan, add onion and carrot and cook until slightly softened.   (If using tofu, drain it, then chop it or crumble it in a bowl)

Return meat to pan, add the flour, then stir in the stock, tomato puree and sugar.  Bring to the boil and then simmer. Add the potatoes, Guinness or wine, bouquet garni and salt and pepper  to taste.

Cook over low heat for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender. Add 4 to 5 of tabasco to taste, just before serving.  (Alternatively place ingredients in a croc pot or slow cooker and cook for 1/1/2 hours)

 

And Enjoy!  I know I did ;)

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

~ Qui~Chai ~

 

Qui-Gon Jinn himself recommends this drink, calming, sweet and subtly spicy.

 He won't meditate without it ;)

 

 

Originally submitted this recipe to Queen Amidala's handmaiden's Star Wars recipe page, (apologies, R2 ate the link, thought lit looked yummy ;)

 

2 cinnamon sticks (and a teaspoon of ground cinnamon)

1/2 tsp cardamom seeds or pods

1/2 tsp. whole cloves

1/2 tsp. fresh ginger

1 cup. milk  (Organic or Bio dynamic full cream is best for full flavour- if allergic, soy, rice, oat, lactose free milk or spring water can be substituted)

½ tsp  nutmeg

2 tbsp honey  (or fructose - fruit sugar (NOT cane unless it is raw and organic), or agave syrup if you cannot have honey or sugar)

1/2 tsp. loose black tea, ideally Irish Breakfast :) Scottish Breakfast, Earl/Lady Grey (you can also use green tea leaves or make green tea chai)

 

Or, you can use your favourite chai mix - {preferably not instant}

  

To make a cup of real chai, Break up cinnamon sticks and place ingredients into a small pot.  Fill with full cream organic or bio-dynamic milk (

Or boil a cup of milk and ingredients (including honey/agave, etc)  in a pot, stir until simmering.  Strain with tea strainer into a cup and enjoy.  (Double ingredients for 2 cups, etc)

Makes 1 cup.

 

Enjoy your meditation :)

 

 

 ~ The Force Is With You Always ~

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

And Below be some 'Official' Qui Yummies! ;}

 

                

 

               

                                                                                                                             Qui~Gon {and Shmi} Pepsi Caps

 

                                                                                                                     

Australian Qui Pepsi ~                                 Qui Pepsi poster                  Pepsi Storm Qui          Netherlands Qui Pepsi         Doesn't look it here, this-movie Pepsi cup is HUGE!  - Filled it with matcha Green tea-lasts all day!!

Such a treat when  it came out of                                                                                                                                     

him a vending machine (and sucked                                                                                                                               

when you got Maul... ;)

 

                                     

                                                                                                                                          Qui Gummi ~ Too Sweet to eat!  :}                    Shit, does he look cranky on this or what?!

                                                                                                                                                                                                              Perhaps he's Concentrating on the moment? ;} -

                                                                                                                                                                                                             Maybe a bar of chocolate will cheer him up ;}

 

  

Qui~Gon on American Doritos  {Nacho Cheese}  ~ Yes, I remember ;) - In Australia, we got a movie pic of him on the packet ... and there was a Episode 1 card in the pack too. Never tried the smoky BBQ ones - would love to, though, yum!

You know, it always amused me that Yoda was on Cheese Supreme, LOL!   He was the 'Supreme Cheese' of the Jedi, though he *did* become Qui-Gon's Padawan in 'Revenge of the Sith' - it's in near the end of the book.

A pity there was no such scene in the movie :(

Though I think Qui should've swapped with R2 for Salt & Vinegar Thins. I LOVE salt & Vinegar! :)

 

 

Baby alpha biscuits  ;}

 

 

 

  

 Yummy letter jubes :}

  

 

 

Isn't this the most beautiful biscuit {cookie} you have EVER Seen?   WANT!!!! Although Seens a shame to eat it'!

 

 

 

Not sure who made the cake, sorry

 

 

 

My beautiful Qui-Gon codfee.  My fave cafe used to print actual photos on your coffee or chai.

Sadly, the business folded during the coronavrius pandemic and I miss the joy they brought into my life and all their customers.

 

 

 

  

 

Liam's first job was driving a forklift for Guinness, LOL!!!

 

 

Would like to try this! Don't know who baked it.  Sounds yum!

'

 

Back to Qui~Gon Page