Disclaimer: Transformers is owned by Hasbro.

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic/fanart

Summary: Psycho-Phaser's story and profile

Note: Psycho-Phaser was crated by Seawave & Equus

Rating PG

~~~~~~~

PSYCHO-PHASER

ALLEGIANCE: DECEPTICON

FUNCTION: STRATEGIST

Profile: Psycho-Phaser is an enigmatic Decepticon and the brother of Mindwave. He cares deeply for his only brother, but not for Autobots in General. His mother was killed by thugs. He wants to kill those that harmed her and he does not think that mentality is becoming of an Autobot. He left Mindwave with the Autobots and joined the Decepticons. He is a brilliant strategist. He is very quite and has few friends amongst their ranks due to his aloofness. He hates being called Psycho, but you can call him Psych. In later years he left the Decepticons and the war altogether, to find himself, but he often visits Mindwave. His original name was Phase, however hr altered it when the murder of his mother pushed him over the edge.  he joined the Decepticons as he did not think harbouring murderous rage was appropriate for an Autobot, even if it was to those who killed his mother and tore him and his innocent brother's lives apart.  Generally he's aloof, silent, even calm, except when he allows his feelings to take over, then he goes berserk. He usually does this in the training room - blast and soundproof. And when he finds those responsible for his mother's murder as he says: "they will beg for death before the end."

Abilities: He is slender and agile and carries a multi-setting concussion rifle in robot mode. In Jet node he can travel at mach 7. He has ESP (Extra Sensory Perception)

Weaknesses: He was not sure if being a Decepticon is the right thing to do, but never voices his opinion. His engines can give out in jet mode if he travels at maximum speed for more than an hour. He can also be left vulnerable as he has few friends. He is over protective of his younger brother.  His rage can sometimes get him into trouble if he lets it take over when he's near others.

-- TECH SPECS --

STRENGTH -- 7         INTELLIGENCE -- 8

SPEED -- 7                 RANK -- 6

ENDURANCE -- 6     COURAGE -- 8

FIREPOWER -- 6        SKILL -- 8

~~~~~~~~~

PSYCHO-PHASER

 

Psycho-Phaser He doesn't see any point in the Transformers war. Secretly he wishes both sides would get together and work something out. He doesn't exactly like Autobots, but he doesn't despise them either. As he is a Decepticon, he sees them as the enemy, but doesn't like to kill.

            * * *

A few weeks later, he was in an Autobot/Decepticon battle. He shot a few Autobots and was shot a few times himself. Mindwave, during the battle, was taken captive. He tried to struggle free. Blacklight, the Decepticon, pointed his gun at Mindwave's head.

"Make ONE move and you're scrap parts ..."

Mindwave became very frightened.

"Pathetic Autobot wimp ..."

Blacklight roughly grabbed Mindwave and took off. Mindwave said absolutely nothing for the entire trip. The Decepticons arrived at their destination - Decepticon headquarters. Blacklight pushed Mindwave onto the floor.

"Filthy Autobot ..." he said, kicking Mindwave in his stomach.

"Don't ..." gasped Mindwave in pain.

"Now ..." began Blacklight.

"I won't tell you anything ..." said Mindwave loyally.

"Such touching loyalty ..." said Blacklight sarcastically. "I don't want you to tell us any Autobot plans or secrets."

Mindwave was confused. "What do you want? What are you going to do?"

"Oh nothing much ... I'm gonna dissect you for spare parts, while you're still conscious - that's all."

"NO!!" screamed Mindwave, petrified. "Please don't!"

Blacklight laughed evilly. Mindwave was absolutely petrified. He began to cry soundlessly. He wanted to escape, but couldn't. Blacklight grabbed Mindwave roughly.

"No ... please ..." Mindwave begged, trying to pull away.

"Pathetic Autobot scrap, do you think I have any mercy for you?"

"I don't wanna die ... please ..."

"I don't blame you. Neither would I, but I have NO mercy for ANY Autobots --"

Mindwave was crying and shivering. Blacklight took him to a room. Psycho-Phaser went with him.

I've got to help Mindwave ... he thought, concerned but how? I know he's an Autobot, but he's my brother. It's my fault that he's here in the first place. If he dies, I'll never forgive myself.

Secretly, Psycho-Phaser cared a lot about his smaller, younger brother, but couldn't let any other Decepticons know. He didn't want to see his brother getting dissected, but entered the room with Blacklight. Blacklight ignited a laser sword. Mindwave was tied to the bed. He tried to struggle away.

"No ..." he wailed, petrified, shivering and crying.

Blacklight painfully began to dissect Mindwave while he was still conscious. Mindwave screamed in pain. Psycho-Phaser couldn't bear to look at what Blacklight was doing to his brother. Mindwave's screams were tearing Psycho-Phaser apart.

"I'll finish the job ..." he said. "Alone."

"Be my guest," said Blacklight. "I suppose it's rude of my to hog all the fun."

Psycho-Phaser felt like shooting him point blank in the head. Sick bastard ...

Blacklight left the room. Psycho-Phaser adjusted his gun to a low power stun and shot Mindwave.

I can't finish dissecting him ... he thought. I mean, I know he won't feel anything, but he's my brother ... But what if the other Decepticons find out? ...

Psycho-Phaser repaired him. The Autobot began to regain consciousness. He started to cry.

"Please don't hurt me ... " he begged, very frightened.

"Don't worry ... Nobody's going to hurt you ..."

"Psychie!" exclaimed Mindwave, relieved.

Psycho-Phaser wanted to help his brother escape, but he was scared of the other Decepticons seeing him.

He's an Autobot and I'm a Decepticon ... he thought Should I help him escape? ... He is my brother and I care about him ... But ... Psycho-Phaser thought about it for a moment and decided to help Mindwave.

"Thank you, Psychie, but ..."

"Look. Get out of here before anyone sees you or me and before I change my mind."

Mindwave nodded and quickly left.

Psycho-Phaser began to walked to his room. Blacklight passed him.

"What did you do with that Autobot scrap you dissected? "he asked.

"When I was dissecting him, some undetected Autobots came in, blasted me and took the Autobot. There was nothin' I could do to stop them."

Blacklight's face showed his anger, but there was nothing he could do either. He was also extremely dim witted, thankfully.

Psycho-Phaser began to feel hungry. He went into the energon room. He saw another Decepticon coming to recharge. There was only one energon cube. Psycho-Phaser didn't care about the other Decepticon - who should he? And drank the energon cube.

"Ohh ... that feels better ..." he said, putting his hand over his stomach.

He left the energon storage room and watched the other Decepticon leave, hungry.

No one cares about me, so why should I care about anyone else? I know Mindwave cares about me, but he's my brother and Breakdown's my friend, but that's all.

Psycho-Phaser, on the outside, forced himself feel that love was wimpy and that he didn't want to be cared about, but although he was not conscious of it, deep down he did.

            * * *

An Autobot/Decepticon battle raged the next day. Psycho-Phaser shot one Autobot twice. The Autobot, Scrounge, fell onto the ground. Psycho-Phaser shot him again and was blasted by Optimus Prime. The Autobots took Psycho-Phaser captive. Optimus Prime took him inside Autobot headquarters. Psycho-Phaser tried to struggle free, but Optimus Prime put him in a prison cell.

Optimus went to Scrounge.

"Are you all right? "he asked.

"Yeah. Thanks for saving' me from that Decepticon creep. "

"That's fine. Anything to help a friend. "

Scrounge smiled. Optimus Prime was always extremely caring.

Psycho-Phaser was angry and wanted to escape, but couldn't.

Maybe we can extract some information out of this Decepticon about Megatron's next battle plans thought Optimus Prime. We need to know.

He entered the cell and asked. Psycho-Phaser was loyal, but told Optimus Prime Megatron's next battle strategy, - a surprise attack on the Autobots, because he wanted to be released. He saw no point in 'this damned war.'

That night, Mindwave, was walking past the prison cells, with an energon cube in his hands. He then he saw Psycho-Phaser in one. Mindwave jerked.

"... He looks hungry ... this is was the last energon cube. I'm hungry, but I have to give it to him."

Mindwave walked into his brother's cell.

"Mindwave!" Psycho-Phaser exclaimed.

"Psychie, You must be starving. Here."

"Don't call me that," he said, a tad playful.

Mindwave handed him the energon cube.

"Thank you" said Psycho-Phaser, hurriedly drinking the energon cube. "Aren't you hungry?"

"Yes, but that was the last energon cube and I had to give it to you."

Psycho-Phaser was surprised. He didn't know whether to think of this as a wimpy action or not.

I know he cares about me ... he thought. Is it right to think he's a wimp for caring? Is love weak??? ...

Mindwave was feeling tired as he was low on energy. He lay down and closed his eyes. All of a sudden, the cell door slammed shut and locked. Mindwave knew he would get let out sooner or later and he knew even though his brother was a Decepticon, he had nothing to fear.

He needs some energy ... thought Psycho-Phaser to himself. I should've given him some of that energon cube. Dammit! Why do I always have to be so selfish?!

He looked down at his Brother. "I'm sorry, Mindwave."

Although Transformers do not need sleep, Psycho-Phaser lay down beside Mindwave and shut his operating systems to a minimal.

In the morning, Psycho-Phaser opened his eyes and saw his little brother gently curled up beside him. He didn't know whether to push Mindwave away, wake him, or let him sleep. While he was thinking about it, Mindwave awoke.

Later that morning, Optimus Prime came into the cell.

"Mindwave! "he exclaimed. "What are you doing in here?!"

Optimus Prime lead Mindwave outside and Mindwave could tell he was waiting for an explanation.

"Last night I went into the cell and gave him an energon cube. The door then closed and locked."

"I had meant to give him some energon, but the battle had many casualties. I had many other matters to attend to. Did that Decepticon hurt you in any way, Mindwave?"

"No. I went to sleep in the cell. I was tired as I hadn't recharged."

"Here" said Optimus. "I had originally brought this for the Decepticon, but you appear to need it."

Mindwave hurriedly drank it.

"Whoa ... slow down, Mindy," Optimus said. "It's not going to fly away - well if Calliber Tron not controlling it!"

Mindwave smiled.

"I find it hard to believe that the Decepticon was not hostile to you in any way."

"I don't. I knew he wouldn't hurt me, Prime."

"Oh? What made you so sure?"

"He's my brother."

"Your brother?! But ..."

"Please don't hurt him, Prime. I mean I know he's a Decepticon, but ... When we were created, we stayed together for a while and later he decided to leave Cybertron and join the Transformers on Earth. He felt he'd be more suited to the Decepticons than the Autobots, but I was more suited to the Autobots. He feels doesn't fit in with the Decepticons, but he feels fits in more with them than the Autobots. He cares for me, though."

"I am not going to harm him, Mindwave. I promise," said Optimus Prime, still very surprised about the unusual kinship.

Mindwave smiled. He trusted Optimus Prime.

"Thanks, Prime."

Optimus smiled back at him, but he could sense Mindwave was keeping something from him.

It must be something very private, he thought. I have no intention or right to invade my friends' private thoughts. If Mindwave wishes to tell me, he will in his own good time.

Later, Psycho-Phaser had pried the door to his cell open and was escaping, Monitor saw him and shot him again and again with his handblaster.

Mindwave heard shooting and went to see what it was.

"Monitor!! Stop!!" he exclaimed, frantically pulling the blaster down.

"For Cybertron's sake, why, Mindwave?"

"Monitor ... Optimus Prime has explained to you, Matrix only knows how many times that Decepticons should be treated fairly and besides, Psycho-Phaser, besides being a Decepticon is my brother and I love him."

"WHAT??!!"

Mindwave explained to Monitor.

"But he is ruthless, evil and cruel, just like the other Decepticons ..."

"He's not, Monitor, and besides, there are worse Decepticons. I don't want you to hurt my brother."

"All right, Mindwave, "said Monitor, apologetically. "I'm sorry... I wasn't thinking ... I ... I didn't know he was your brother ... And you are right. I must control myself."

"Well, please, Monitor, think in future. Please understand."

"Compliant. "

All of a sudden, Psycho-Phaser grabbed Monitor's handblaster and shot him in his chest. It hurt Monitor a lot. His chest was quite sensitive. Psycho-Phaser blasted him again.

"Stop it, Psychie!" exclaimed Mindwave.

"No way ..." said Psycho-Phaser. "... I'm gonna get that Autobastard ..."

Mindwave was frightened. He didn't want his friend to be killed.

"Please, Psycho-Phaser ... He's my friend ..."

"He tried to kill me ..."

"He probably wouldn't've killed you, Psychie ... He understands now and he said he's sorry ..."

"Yes, all right, but he's an Autobot. I'm a Decepticon ..."

"Please, Psychie ... "begged Mindwave, looking up at his brother.

"Mindwave ... he's my enem ... Oh those blasted 'doggy eyes!'... All right ... you win," growled Psycho-Phaser, putting down the blaster.

"Thanks" smiled Mindwave.

"I hate this blasted war. I wish it would top. Sometimes I have a hard time dealing with who are my real enemies."

"I know what you mean, Brother," Mindwave said, sincere.

The Autobots repaired Monitor and released Psycho-Phaser.

The surprise attack Psycho-Phaser told the Autobots of was launched the very next day. The Autobots were prepared for it as they had been forewarned. Nevertheless, it was a hard and enduring battle in which no side was appearing to win.

During the battle, Mindwave was shot in his stomach and badly wounded. Megatron saw him fall and he turned to Psycho-Phaser.

"I am running low on power," he said. "Psycho-Phaser, your blaster is charged. Destroy that Autobot."

Megatron pointed. Psycho-Phaser turned. He jerked when he saw who it was.

No ... I can't ... he almost said, but Megatron knew nothing about their kinship.

"Destroy him? ... Uh ... Yes ... certainly ..."

Psycho-Phaser walked closer to Mindwave and pointed his semi automatic laser machine gun at him. Mindwave knew Psycho-Phaser cared about him, but he also knew Megatron would kill him if he disobeyed his order. Psycho-Phaser's hand was shivering. His finger was resting nervously on the trigger.

"Hurry up and kill him ..."

"Yes, Megatron."

Psycho-Phaser looked into his brother's frightened eyes and spoke to him telepathically.

"Don't worry, my brother. I will not kill you. I'll set it on stun, but act scared, okay?"

"Okay. Thanks, Psychie."

"Hey, you're my brother ... And stop calling me that ..."

Mindwave wanted to smile, but that would spoil the act. While Megatron was looking away, Psycho-Phaser set his blaster on stun.

"Will you hurry up and terminate this Autobot before I use my last fusion cannon charge on you?"

"Right on, Megatron. I'm just toying with him. Can't you see how scared he is?" Psycho-Phaser laughed.

The ends of Megatron's lips turned up in an evil smile.

"Enough fun. Kill him."

"As you command."

Psycho-Phaser aimed his gun at Mindwave's head. Mindwave began to shiver.

"N ... no ... please ... no! ..."

"Mercy is pathetic, Autobot ..."

Psycho-Phaser pulled the trigger.

The battle raged on for a little longer. Both sides were weakening and called for a strategic retreat for recharging.

Upon their return to Decepticon headquarters Megatron noticed Psycho-Phaser's gun was set on stun. He questioned him about it.

"Before you shot that Autobot, it was set on kill."

"I know. I shot the Autobot with it on kill, but for safety measures, after a battle, I always set it on stun."

"Considerate, but if I discover otherwise ..."

"Megatron, he was an Autobot. If I didn't want to kill him, what am I doing in the Decepticon army?" Yeah, What am I doing here?

Megatron nodded, then walked away.

Psycho-Phaser walked in the opposite direction to his quarters. About a minute later, the door buzzer sounded.

"Come in ..."

Psycho-Phaser's voice was somewhat bored. The door slid open. It was Breakdown, his friend. Psycho-Phaser cheered up a little.

"Hi, Breakdown. What did you want?"

"Psycho-Phaser, this is rather serious. You told Megatron your gun was set on kill all along, but I saw you switch it to stun, just before you 'killed' that Autobot."

Psycho-Phaser froze. A shiver ran up his back. "You're not going to tell him, are you?"

"Why did you do it, Psycho-Phaser? Are you an-"

"The answer to your question is - No, Breakdown. I am not an Autobot spy. I am a Decepticon."

"Then why ..."

"Do you promise you won't tell anyone?"

"I don't know, I-"

"You are supposed to be my friend, Breakdown."

"I won't tell, but why didn't you ..."

"Mindwave is my brother."

"What?!"

Psycho-Phaser nodded. "Now, you tell me if you know of anyone who would kill their own brother."

"I'm sorry. I didn't know. Anyway, I must confess, I don't like killing much either. I wasn't going to tell anyone in the first place. I was just concerned for you, that's all."

Psycho-Phaser smiled. "Thanks, Breakdown."

"Psych, can you tell me how you two-"

"It's a long story, Breakdown, and It's private, but since you're my only friend, I'll tell you."

"You don't have to if you don't want to."

"I want to, Breakdown. Just don't tell anyone else."

"I promise I won't."

"Good ... Now it all started ... well when I was created on Cybertron by a Transformer called Cherala. She was very kind to me. Later, she created another Transformer and called him Mindwave. She created Mindwave with a program which a Transformer grows bigger as they get older, to a certain height."

"I know the one" Breakdown said.

Psycho-Phaser continued. "Mindwave was like a little baby and he needed much more attention than I did and I hate to admit this, but I was a little jealous of him. I knew he couldn't help it, but ... anyway I didn't like him much. Often Mum left me alone with him. I hated being his baby sitter. It got better as he got older, but I still hated it.

"Once, my Mum and I had an argument. I was sick and tired of looking after Mindwave and her giving all his attention to him. She was angry. I was angry. She accused me of being selfish. I didn't want to believe it, but she was right, although I didn't know it then. The argument went on and on. Eventually it came to an end when I got so mad that I slapped her across her face. I wouldn't admit it to myself, but I felt guilty the moment I did it. I just couldn't take it anymore and I stormed outside. I tried to forget the shocked, hurt look on her face. I tried to push the guilt out of my head. She had never hurt me and ..." Psycho-Phaser paused.

"I returned home a few hours later. It really seemed like days had passed. I walked inside and saw my mother lying down at the front of our home. I wondered what she was doing. I walked to her and ..."

Psycho-Phaser stopped and put his face in his hands.

"What happened?"

"She ... she had been ... ri... ripped apart ..."

Breakdown gasped, shocked.

"By who?"

Psycho-Phaser, now was crying. "I ... I don't know ... The injuries were too severe to have been self inflicted ... I then heard crying coming from one of the cupboards. I opened it. Mindwave was in there. He saw me, started screaming hysterically, but then calmed down when he saw me. I lifted him out of the cupboard. He was shivering. Trembling like an earthquake. I had never seen him this frightened before, but it was understandable after what had happened. I started to put him down, but he was clutching onto me like a frightened cat.

I waited for a little while, then asked him what happened. He started screaming again. I sat down with him Mindwave pointed at our Mothers mutilated body and screamed hysterically. He then buried his face into me and cried.

'K ... killed ...' he had said.

'Who?' I asked him.

Mindwave's shivering became more intense.

'They did ...'

'Who are they?'

He didn't not answer for a while.

'Two ... of them ... big ... I hid ... they ... not see me ...'

"Mindwave then started screaming hysterically again. I did my best to comfort him. I thought I didn't care about him, but it was then that I discovered that I loved him. I had to take care of him now. I was his only hope. He could not survive on his own. What had happened was a shock to both of us, but more frightening to Mindwave, because he was there. Dammit! I hate myself. If I had been there, I could have saved her, but no. I was to dammed selfish."

Tears streamed down Psycho-Phaser's cheeks.

"Don't blame yourself, Psycho-Phaser," comforted Breakdown. It wasn't your fault. It ... "

"It was my dammed fault! If I had've been there when she needed me, I could have saved her and saved my brother of the traumatic experience. If he hadn't've hid in that cupboard, he'd be dead too. I hate myself for what happened."

"But you didn't know it was going to happen, Psych. Mindwave said whoever killed your mother was big. Perhaps if you had been there, they would have killed you too."

Psycho-Phaser hesitated for a moment. "I had never thought of it like that. I guess I'm not entirely to blame, but It's so unfair ... Why did it have to happen to her? She was so kind ... she was everything ... If I ever catch the bastards who killed her, I'll rip their internals out and ... and ..."

"They might be already dead."

"Then they'll be damned lucky if they are, 'cos when I get hold of them they're gonna wish they had never been created. We tried to repair Cherala, but it was no use. Her damage was beyond all repair. It was then I decided to leave with Mindwave and for us to join the Transformers war on Earth. I knew Mindwave wouldn't like fighting, but it'd be better then waiting around for those bastards to come back and kill us. I didn't want to admit it, but I was terrified. Probably as terrified as Mindwave, but I knew how to control my fear. We left a bout a week later. I felt I was more suited to the Decepticons, than the Autobots, not that I'm really suited to them, mind you ..."

Breakdown smiled.

"And Mindwave was definitely more suited to the Autobots and I knew they would take care of him. He would find many friends there and be safer than he would be with the Decepticon or alone with me on Cybertron and so that's it. So that's my story."

Breakdown wiped tears away from his cheeks.

"That's the saddest story I've ever heard and what makes it even sadder, is that it's true ..."

Psycho-Phaser nodded. "Unfortunately, yes."

"I wish I could say something to make you feel better, Psych, but I can't."

"It's okay, Breakdown. It's all in the past. Even though I try to forget it, I can't - and I don't suppose I ever will, but I must think about my future and Mindwave's."

Breakdown nodded. "I hope the best for you both, even though he's an Autobot."

"Thanks, Breakdown. You're a good friend."

Breakdown smiled. The both of them then left to re-energise. On their way back, they were stopped by Megatron.

"What were you talking about in there?"

"Where?" asked Psycho-Phaser.

"You two were in your room, Psycho-Phaser for over an hour. What were you discussing? Something private? Anything I should know about?"

"Yes, Megatron. Something private and no - Nothing you should know about," Psycho-Phaser snapped.

Psycho-Phaser turned to leave. Megatron turned him back around.

"I want to know about it, Psycho-Phaser. Tell me everything."

"My private life, Megatron, is none of your god damned business."

Megatron was angry at being addressed in this manner, but he ultimately knew Psycho-Phaser was right. It was as Psycho-Phaser had said - 'none of his god damned business' and Megatron knew just how stubborn Psycho-Phaser could be. He roughly released Psycho-Phaser and quickly walked away in the opposite direction. Breakdown smiled.

"You showed him."

"Thank Primus he didn't blast me!"

The two laughed.

            * * *

A few days later, Psycho-Phaser was on patrol. He saw a baby bird fall out of a tree. He caught it, put it back in the nest and was pecked by the mother and he smiled. "How d' y' like that?! I save her baby and get a beak as thanks!"

Psycho-Phaser knew Mindwave loved animals as if they were his own children. He didn't care about animals as much as his brother did, but he respected his brother's feelings and helped them whenever he could, hoping no one would see.

Mindwave, not far off was out exploring near a cliff.

His brother was surprised to see him.

I'm supposed to report any Autobots I see ... he thought. Well... I didn't see Mindy, okay? He peered at his brother through the bushes. I care about him so much ... he thought, Mindwave loves me. A tear rolled down Psycho-Phaser's cheek.

Mindwave sat on the edge of the cliff. All of a sudden he slipped. There was no way he could survive the impact. Psycho-Phaser gasped.

I have to save him ... he thought. I'm the only one here...

He quickly flew after Mindwave and just saved him in time. The look in Mindwave's eyes told Psycho-Phaser how relieved his brother was. Psycho-Phaser smiled. He carried Mindwave to the top of the cliff.

"Th ... th ... thank you ... "gasped Mindwave.

"It's all right."

Psycho-Phaser found it hard to tell Mindwave that he loved him. Somehow he managed to. Tears filled Mindwave's eyes. Psycho-Phaser smiled. Mindwave hugged his brother, hard. He knew Psycho-Phaser loved him, but he had always wanted to hear it from him.

"I love you too, Psychie."

"Hey," he said, as he playfully punched his brother, "I told you not to call me that..." and they both smiled.

Psycho-Phaser looked up into the sky.

Love is not weak, he thought. It's just a stupid illusion I've been hiding behind all my life. I didn't want to feel love in case I was hurt again - like when mum died. At least I've still got Mindy. Psycho-Phaser looked at his brother. I'll do anything to protect him. Anything. That's it ... I'm leaving this stupid war... But I'll never leave Mindy.

Mindwave was his brother.

Psycho-Phaser took him home to Autobot headquarters before he left.

"Thanks, Psychie Wychie."

"Gods, if anyone else called me that, Mindy, I'd blast them."

And they both laughed.

 

*

 

 

 

Back to Neutral Fanfic Page

 

Back to Transformers Page