Disclaimers: Saint George (Lucasfilm) crated the Star Wars Universe.  Lucasfilm owned by Disney. George Lucas created the Star Wars Universe. Movies by 20th Century Fox/Disney. I make no Republic Datari {Credits}, Peggats, Truguts, Wupiupi, etc from my fanfic/fanart/fanfunnies.  Story written purely for enjoyment and the only profit I make is the happiness my writing brings.   The Force is With You Always

 

Summary:  AU:  Qui-Gon finds a new Chosen One, but that's only half of it.  And the Sith are interested in the Chosen One too …

 

Warnings:  Death and resurrection. 

 

 

Rating M

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

                                                                PROPHECY

 

 

Obi-Wan sat in the shuttle with his Master before they took off.  "So what did the Council have to say about this?"

  "Nothing."

  "Nothing?" the young Jedi said with raised eyebrows.  "I find that very strange.  In fact I find the whole thing very strange myself."

Qui-Gon nodded.  "As they say 'truth is stranger than fiction.'"

  "So what did Master Yoda say?"

  "Nothing."

  "What?  Nothing? Nothing at all?"

  "That's right.  The Council were too busy to see me. I'll tell them when I get back."

  "What?!" Obi-Wan's eyes were as wide as planets. 

Qui-Gon simply smiled while his young Padawan shook his head.

  "Master you really have gone too far this time."

  "You said that last time we took off together and we saved nine planets from the brink of war … " Qui-Gon paused.  "I feel so strongly about this …You've no idea."

  "As strongly as you felt about Anakin?"  There was a slight edge to Obi-Wan's voice.

  "Stronger," Qui-Gon replied.

Obi-Wan's eyebrows raised once more.

 Qui-Gon nodded then spoke.  "I know how you feel about Anakin, Obi-Wan."

  "Do you?"

The older Jedi placed his hand on his young Padawan's shoulder.  "Anakin set balance in motion before he died."

  "Before or after he turned to the Dark Side?" The edge was more prominent this time.

Qui-Gon tried not to feel hurt.    "From birth he was destined to bring balance,

Obi-Wan.  Do you regret having to kill him?

The young Jedi  paused before he spoke.  No, Master, it needed to be done.  I do regret not being able to turn him back."

  "I don't blame you for what you had to do," Qui-Gon said.

  "Thank you, Master."

  "The Force had a greater purpose in mind."

A pause followed.

  "So Master, are we all set to leave?"

Qui-Gon nodded.

  "So let me get this straight - we're going to travel to a mythical galaxy which may not exist, to a mythical planet which may not be there to find one half of a prophecy which may not come to pass."

  "That's essentially it."

Obi-Wan sighed.  "When do we leave?"

  "Right about now."

Qui-Gon started the controls and the shuttle took off.

  "I still can't believe you talked me into this … And I still can't believe you didn't tell the Council…"

  "I'll tell them later and don't worry, I'll take the rap."

Obi-Wan smiled and shook his head.  "I'll back you up, Master."

  "Thank you.  I knew I could count on you."

Obi-Wan chuckled.  "Are you ready to create the wormhole rift, Master?"

The older Jedi nodded.

  "Here goes everything." Gently, he touched three buttons in a pyramid formation.

  "It's beautiful …" was the first thing Obi-Wan said as a rainbow cloud appeared before them, growing larger.  Qui-Gon smiled warmly and nodded in agreement as he flew the shuttle in. 

 

As the shuttle entered, Obi-Wan pointed to a bright spiral galaxy.  "At least it's there."

  "Beautiful, isn't it?"

  "Why do they call it the Milky Way?"

  "Something to do with one of their ancient Goddesses.  I believe Hera was her name."

  "Don't get too excited yet, Master.  We still have to find the right planet in over a hundred billion stars and then the someone who will make this prophecy come to pass … You're so sure about this aren't you?"

  "I've never been so sure."

  "With all due respect, Master, what if it turns out that-"

  "There is no prophecy?"

Obi-Wan nodded.

  "Then I'll cross that bridge if I come to it."

The shuttle sped into the galaxy passing many beautiful stars and planets.

  "There," Qui-Gon said pointing to one star.  We've reached the right solar system."

  "You're sure?"

  "I feel my whole body ablaze."

  "Are you sure that's not because we're rather close to that star?" Obi-Wan joked.

Qui-Gon chuckled.  "I'm sure.  We're looking for the third planet from the sun."

 

The shuttle came upon a beautiful blue, green and white world, calm and peaceful looking.

  "I'm starting to feel something too," Obi-Wan said.  "Master, you have my permission to say 'I told you so.'"

Qui-Gon smiled.  "I'll spare you this time."

  "And we still have to find this prophecy of yours."

The Jedi Master nodded.  "Engage the cloaking device."

Obi-Wan did so as they glided through the atmosphere.

 

The Jedi Master landed the shuttle in a deserted forest.  "I hope you're up for a long walk."

  "How long?"

  "More than a day."

  "Now he tells me," Obi-Wan chuckled. "Well let's get going then."

Qui-Gon rather enjoyed the walk, but he sensed Obi-Wan wanted to find what they were looking for and go home.

 

The next afternoon, the two Jedi came upon a busy city.

  "Master, surely you won't find your prophecy here…"

  "I'm sensing something," Qui-Gon said.  He closed his eyes.  "So many people feel lost and alone here …"

  "And I feel for them, Master, but we're not here to save this planet."

  "Perhaps we are."  Qui-Gon pointed to a second hand bookshop and the Jedi walked in.  Qui-Gon could tell Obi-Wan was doubtful, but he strode to the back of the shop and saw a young woman sitting down, looking at the science-fiction and fantasy books.

  //She feels so alone … so lost in this world…//

  //Master with all due respect, I know you care for these people, but we're not here to help hard luck cases.  We're here to find a prophecy.//

  //You don't need to remind me, Obi-Wan, but I feel a need to help her … I feel drawn to her.//

Obi-Wan sighed.  //Nothing I say will change your mind, will it?//

  //Nope.//

Obi-Wan smiled and shook his head.  Qui-Gon looked down at what the girl was reading.  A copy of a book called 'Soul Music' by someone called Terry Pratchett.  Qui-Gon watched her for a few more moments. She seemed engrossed in the book and unaware of him. 

Qui-Gon suddenly jerked.  //She's the one!//

  //Are you sure, Master?//

  //Positive.//

  //Out of the millions of people in this city? The billions on this planet?//

  //She's the one.  I'd stake my life on it.//

  //Master, she hardly looks like a prophecy …//

  //What makes you say that, Obi-Wan?  Because she's not as slender and attractive as some of the ladies you've courted?//

Obi-Wan became embarassed.  //I'm sorry, Master … She hardly looks like a prophecy … Well, if you're certain…//

  //I definitely am.//

The girl looked up, then she stared at the two Jedi.

  "I …I hope we're not bothering you," Qui-Gon said.

She stood and shook her head, staring at the two Jedi.  "Either you're Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor or you’re really real…"

  "We're real," Qui-Gon said.  "I'm afraid I have no knowledge of the other two you mentioned."

The young woman reached out and touched Qui-Gon gently.  A pleasant shiver ran down his body and he was touched by how much love this woman had toward someone she had never met.

  "You're real … Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan…"

  "You know us?" Obi-Wan said, flabbergasted.

  "Of course …" The young woman went onto explain about the Star Wars saga.

  "Incredible," Qui-Gon said.  "… You know so much about us and I know nothing about you."

  "My name is Seph," she said.  "I'm thirty-two and I love Star Wars.  Especially

Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi."

 The Jedi smiled and Seph took them home.

 

  "I'm so glad you didn't really die," Seph said to Qui-Gon.

  "So am I," he said with a smile.

  "So then what happened to Darth Maul?"

  "He was wounded, but escaped," Obi-Wan explained.  "He and his Master are still at large."

  "That's too bad."

  "They'll be caught eventually and brought to justice."

  "I hope so.  Well you boys must be starving after your trip."

   "To tell you the truth," Qui-Gon said.  "I haven't thought about food at all."

  "You haven't?" Obi-Wan asked.  "I feel I could eat a bantha or two."

  "Well I'm out of bantha, but I do have some vegie burgers."

   "That'll do nicely," Qui-Gon said. 

When she went to heat the burgers, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon spoke softly.

  "Master, you're sure about this aren't you?"

  "Yes."

  "Need I remind you again that I had to kill Anakin?  I severed his head from his shoulders."

  "You do not need to remind me, Obi-Wan. Don't worry.  Seph will not turn.  The prophecy states that her offspring will bring everlasting peace to the Universe."

  "Which leaves us with the other half of the prophecy.  So where do we look for him?"

  "I haven't the foggiest idea."

  "What?!" Obi-Wan whispered, incredulous.  "We come all this way and you don't have a clue?"

 "The only thing I know is that he's from another galaxy."

  "Well that narrows it down," Obi-Wan said, sourly, folding his arms.

  "Don't worry, Obi-Wan, I have a feeling it will come to pass."

  "And we're to rely on this 'feeling?'"

  "It's all we've got."

  "Master if I didn't love you so much I'd strangle you."

  "I know," Qui-Gon said, with a smile.

 

Seph brought out the vegetable burgers and salad.

  "Thank you," Qui-Gon said.  "I wish we could reimburse you."

  "It's all right.  I'm afraid republic credits are no good out here either."

Qui-Gon smiled.  "I didn't think they would be."

And they began to eat.

  "These are delicious," Qui-Gon said after he swallowed his first mouthful.

  "Thank you, but I just reheated them."

The Jedi Master kissed her cheek.  "It's the love that you put into them."

Seph smiled.

 

After dinner, Obi-Wan went for a scenic waterfall walk that Seph had told the Jedi about, sensing his Master wanted to be alone with her.

Seph placed her arms around Qui-Gon.

  "I still can't believe you're real."

Gently he touched her cheek.  "I knew you were."

And they shared a loving kiss.

 

Obi-Wan returned from the walk.   "It really is a beautiful walk, Master. There are two lovely waterfalls."

  "I'm in the mood for a walk," Qui-Gon said, holding Seph's hand.

Obi-Wan smiled.  "You two kids knock yourselves out."

His Master chuckled as he left with Seph.

 

Qui-Gon and Seph strolled in the small forest.

 " I can sense the nature spirits of this place," he said, turning around.  "It's truly beautiful."

Seph held him.  "Yes, it is," she said, leading him to the first secluded waterfall.  There they sat and meditated for over an hour before walking to the larger waterfall.  There Qui-Gon picked up Seph and twirled her around, then put her down and they shared another kiss and remained by the waterfall until well after dark.

 

  "I was beginning to think you'd taken up residency there," Obi-Wan said when they returned.

Qui-Gon smiled.  "You were right.  It was beautiful."

 

Qui-Gon stayed with Seph until she had fallen asleep then found Obi-Wan.

  "She's sleeping," he said.

The younger Jedi nodded.  "So what do we do now?"

  "We go to sleep and wait until morning."

Obi-Wan smiled.

 

The following morning, Seph was up unusually early.  She heard a knock at the door and went to open it.  Sensing danger, at the last moment Qui-Gon scooped her out of the way as she opened the door.  Darth Maul ignited his lightsabre, running the Jedi Master through.  Seph screamed.

  "Master!" Obi-Wan exclaimed in horror.

Darth Maul disengaged his lightsabre.

  "Idiot," Darth Sidious hissed.  "You almost killed her."

  "That was not my intention, Master," Maul said, though he too was a little jarred by what had just happened.  He had meant to kill Qui-Gon, but he certainly hadn't expected the Jedi Master to sacrifice himself.

Seph wept by Qui-Gon's body.  "Help me get him to my room," she said.

Obi-Wan knelt down and gently picked up his Master's body and carried him to Seph's room.  She could sense he was holding back tears and would cry alone if he could get some time.  He left Seph with Qui-Gon and went to face the two uninvited guests.  He glared at them darkly.  "What brings you two here?"

  "The prophecy," Sidious answered.

  "What prophecy?"

  "Don't play stupid with me Jedi. The same prophecy that brought you two here.  She will change the Universe as we know it.  She will be untouched by man.  She will drink the blood of a Jedi.  She will wound a Sith Lord and she will raise the dead."

  "You've got the wrong girl."

  "That remains to be seen."

  "Though wounding a Sith Lord sounds good."

Sidious ignored Obi-Wan as he sat himself down on Seph's sofa and waited.

 

*   *  *

 

Meanwhile in her room, Seph gently removed hair from Qui-Gon's face and smiled warmly.  The young woman called upon her patron God and he appeared before her eyes for the first time.  He sat down on the bed next to her and stroked Qui-Gon's head.

  "Can you help him?" Seph asked.

  "Yes," the God said.  "It is not his rightful time to die."

He placed his hand on Qui-Gon's forehead and closed his eyes.  The God took a deep breath and centred himself.

Within moments, Qui-Gon began to open his eyes.  He looked up at a smiling Seph and a God.

  "We brought you back," the God explained.  "It was not your rightful time to die."

  "Thank you," Qui-Gon said, taking his first breath since he had been run through.

  "You will feel tired for some days, perhaps weeks," the God explained.  "I suggest you take some rest."

  "I'm not going to argue."

Seph turned to her patron God. "Hades," she said, "why do most of the world think you're evil?"

The God smiled warmly.  "I've always been misunderstood, even in my own time," he said.

  "But you're *not* evil, you're not the devil and you're not hell."

  "I know that and so do you and many others. The time will come when the world will realise many truths."

Gently Seph placed her arms around the God of the Dead.

  "Thank you," she said.

  "I must leave you now," Hades said, then he disappeared.

  "Wonders never cease," Qui-Gon said, lying his head down on the pillow.

Gently Seph kissed him.

 

*   *   *

 

Sidious had gone for a walk, while Maul and Obi-Wan were arguing.

  "All you Jedi ever do is meditate."

  "All you Sith ever do is destroy.  You didn't have to kill my Master, but oh you wanted to, didn't you?"

  "Yes," Maul said.  "I did."

  "But you weren't expecting Seph to open the door and you weren't expecting my Master to sacrifice himself, were you?"

  "No," Maul admitted after a pause.  "Why would he do such a thing for someone he barely knows?"

  "You don't know my Master."

  "Apparently not."

  "But then you Sith would never understand love."

  "Love is weakness."

  "Love is strength."

  "Believe what you will, Jedi."

 

Seph came out of her room and looked at the Jedi and Sith apprentice.

  "Would you two please be quiet?  Qui-Gon's sleeping."

And she returned to her room.

 

  "Wonderful," Maul said.  "She's in denial."

  "And whose fault is that?" accused Obi-Wan.

Maul glowered.

 

Seph slept next to Qui-Gon that night and awoke with him the following morning.  Qui-Gon began to get up.

  "No, darling you're still very tired."

  "I need to bathe.  I'm starting to smell like a sweating bantha. "

  "I hadn't noticed."

  "You're just being polite."

Seph smiled and helped Qui-Gon out of bed.

  "Sidious, Maul and Obi-Wan have gone out," Qui-Gon sensed.

  "Not together I hope."

The Jedi Master chuckled.  "No."

  "Is something bothering you?" Seph asked.

Qui-Gon sighed.  "Are you sure you're not Force Sensitive?"

Seph smiled.  "Perhaps a little."

  "Obi-Wan didn't sense me," Qui-Gon said.  "He didn't sense me come back to life."

  "Perhaps he's just too upset."

Qui-Gon nodded.  "Yes, I know, but I would have thought that he'd have sensed me."

Seph nodded.  "Perhaps he will at a later stage.  Right now he's grieving.  Let's run you a bath."

She helped Qui-Gon up and lead him into the bathroom.  Qui-Gon undressed and climbed into the bath.  Seph stayed with him to make sure he was all right.

  "Maul's coming back," Qui-Gon said.

  "Quick, pretend to be dead," Seph said.  "We'll *show* them."

Qui-Gon giggled, closed his eyes and let his body go limp.  Maul entered the bathroom and became quite perplexed at what he saw.  "Excuse me," he said.  "I didn't know you were in here."

  "I'm giving Qui-Gon a bath," Seph explained.

  "But he's …"

  "He's what?"

  "He's … Never mind," Maul said, leaving.

 

Obi-Wan returned from a long walk down to the waterfall.  He made sure he didn't look like he hand been crying when he returned.  Maul turned to face him.

  "She's giving him a bath now," he said.

  "What?"

  "She's in the bathroom, right now bathing a corpse!"

  "She is?"

  "We must tell her the truth."

  "No," Obi-Wan said.  "It'll break her heart.  She has to discover for herself."

  "So we go along with this charade?"

  "Yes."

  "For how long?"

  "For as long as we need to."

  "Wonderful."

  "And where is that dastardly Master of yours?"

  "Force knows.  He's prone to taking off for days at a time."

  "We'll let's just hope he stays gone."

Maul grunted.

 

Seph finished helping bathe Qui-Gon.  He climbed out of the bath and dried himself.

  "I just got out of bed and I'm tired again."

  "You heard what Hades said, you'd be tired for days, weeks even.  To bed with you, Mister."

  "Yes, ma'am."

Seph smiled.  Qui-Gon leaned against her as she opened the door and dragged him toward her bedroom.

  "Where are you going?" Maul asked.

  "Qui-Gon's tired, he needs some rest."

  "Let me help you," Obi-Wan said, feeling ridiculous.  "He looks very tired."

He helped Seph get his Master to her bedroom and laid him down on the bed.

  "He is very tired," Seph said.  "Thank you."

  "Make sure you take good care of him," Obi-Wan said, tears welling in his eyes, but he willed them to stop as he went to face Darth Maul.

  "This is all your fault," he hissed.

  "All right, it's my fault.  Just shut up.  She'll come out again and rouse us."

Obi-Wan managed a small smile, which quickly disappeared when Sidious returned.

  "I was kind of hoping you'd taken off for good."

  "So sorry to disappoint you."

  "I'll bet."

  "Master," Maul said.  "The woman is in denial.  She believes Qui-Gon is still alive.  Earlier today I found her bathing his corpse."

  "Wonderful.  Do you see the mess you've gotten us into?" Sidious snapped at his apprentice.

  "I killed a Jedi and I get into trouble."

Sidious brutally backhanded him.  "Don't answer back. Well keep her happy.  She's our prophecy."

  "How can you be so sure, Master?  She has not done one of the things she's supposed to have done.  Drink the blood of a Jedi.  I would like to see that."  Maul smiled.

Sidious grinned. "So would I, my young apprentice. Patience.  I feel that she's the one."

  "With all due respect, Master, the Jedi are sure that she's their prophecy too."

  "One of us is wrong."

Sidious looked at Obi-Wan, who was now becoming unsure.  What if she was the Sith's prophecy - but then would a Sith prophecy fall in love with a Jedi Master?  And if she was the Sith's prophecy, where would that leave the Jedi?  His Master?

 

Seph emerged from her bedroom.

  "How is Qui-Gon?" Sidious asked.

  "Fine, no thanks to you and your rabid apprentice."

Maul glowered.

  "So what's he doing now?" the Sith Master asked.

  "Sleeping, so be quiet."

  "All right."

  "Can I get you anything to drink? Tea?  Coffee?  Blood?"

  "I'll settle for Qui-Gon's," Maul said with a smile.

Sidious hit the back of his head.  Seph glared at Maul.  "Sorry I'm all out of blood.  It'll have to be herb tea, coffee, milk, water or juice."

  "Herb tea," Sidious said, "and don't bother trying to poison it."

  "I don't have any poison even if I wanted to."

  "And don't bother spitting in it either," Maul said.

Seph smiled.  "Would I do such a thing? Obi-Wan what would you like?"

  "Some juice please."

  "I have pomegranate or mandarin."

  "Pomegranate please."

 "Coming right up."

 

Seph served the drinks and if she didn't know better the Sith actually looked like civilised people. Obi-Wan finished his juice and poured himself another. He hadn't felt like anything much after he felt his Master die, but this juice was strangely comforting.

 

*   *   *

 

The next day, Sidious had taken off again.  Maul and Obi-Wan were talking about Qui-Gon.

  "Then there was the time where he saved a small butterfly whose wings had been stuck together by the rain."

  "Why would he do such a futile thing?"

  "Because my Master cares."

  "Most Jedi don't."

  "My Master is more compassionate than most."

  "I can see that.  My Master told me compassion is a weakness."

  "Your Master was wrong.  Compassion is one of my Master's strengths."

  "Well most Jedi are out for their own egos."

  "Some are, unfortunately," Obi-Wan said.

  "But your Master isn't, is he?  He really cares."

Obi-Wan nodded.  "And you killed him."

 

Maul stood up and left, going for a walk to contemplate his feelings.  When he returned, he sensed Obi-Wan having a shower and Seph had gone to buy some groceries at the shopping centre down the street.  For Qui-Gon's dinner, no doubt, he thought.  He entered her room and found Qui-Gon 'sleeping' and sat down next to him.

  "You know your apprentice tells me that love and compassion are strengths while my Master always said they were weaknesses.  Truth is I don't know what to believe anymore.  But it's too late now, to change the past."

And with that, he left.  Seph returned.

  "I was just saying hello to Qui-Gon," Maul explained to her, "but he's sleeping."

Seph nodded.  "He's very tired, but I'm going to make him some dinner."

She began preparing a vegetarian meal for both of them.

  "What about us?" Maul asked.

  "I'm not your mother you can fix your own dinner."

Maul tried to glare at her, but had to stifle a smile.

 

Seph took the meal to Qui-Gon who opened his eyes.

  "Thank you, I'm starving."

And they began to eat.  When they had finished, Seph took the two empty plates out of the room. Obi-Wan and Maul assumed she had eaten both portions.  When she re-entered her room, the young Sith turned to Obi-Wan.

  "What are we going to do?  Sooner rather than later that corpse is going to start to smell and fall apart."

  "You should have thought of that before you murdered my Master."

Maul grunted.

Sidious returned.  "Does she still believe-"

  "Yes," Obi-Wan and Maul snapped.

  "This charade has to end soon," the Sith Master said.

  "I agree," Maul said. "Shall we tell her?"

  "No," Obi-Wan said.  "Not yet.  Perhaps tomorrow"

 

*   *  *

 

  "Shall we tell them?" Qui-Gon asked.

Seph smiled.

  "No, not yet, perhaps tomorrow."

 

*   *   *

 

On the morrow, the Jedi Master awoke.

  "I feel like a new Jedi," he said.

Seph smiled.  "You're okay now."

He yawned, stretched and nodded.

  "It's time," he said, hearing the Sith arguing with Obi-Wan.

He emerged from the room, ruffling his hair, then looked at the three, staring at him with open mouths.

  "What's the matter?" he asked.  "You three look like you've seen a ghost."

  "We have," Maul said.

  "Master …" Obi-Wan stammered.

  "Yes, Obi-Wan?"

  "You … you're alive…"

  "Yes, of course I am."

Maul stood.  "But I ran you through …" He poked Qui-Gon.

The Jedi Master winced.  "Do you mind?!  That's still tender.  He lifted up his shirt, showing the scar.

 "This calls for an explanation," Seph said.

  "I should think so," Sidious said.

Seph explained to them what had happened.

Sidious smiled, but it wasn't a pleasant one.

 "She will raise the dead," he said. "A pity it had to be Qui-Gon."

Obi-Wan glared at him.

 

Later, the young Jedi met his Master alone in Seph's room.

  "I cried my eyes out down by the waterfall and you were alive all this time?"  He sounded a little angry.

Qui-Gon sighed.  "Yes, I was."

  "Master, I was heartbroken."

  "I know.  I sensed your pain."

  "Then why did you lead me to believe you were dead?"

  "Obi-Wan you did not sense my resurrection.  You did not sense me come back to life."

The young apprentice sighed.  "And that hurt you," he said.

Qui-Gon nodded.  Obi-Wan placed his arms around his Master.  "I'm sorry.  I was too much in my own mind.  It won't happen again."

  "I certainly hope not.  I don't want to go through that again, a beautiful gift though it was."

Obi-Wan smiled, then looked serious. "You're going out alone with Darth Sidious?"

  "Yes."

  "Are you sure that's wise?"

  "I sense no danger."

  "The Sith are masters at hiding their agendas."

  "I know, but I sense he just wants to talk, gloat more like."

Obi-Wan sighed. "Are you sure about Seph?  I mean Sidious is sure she's their prophecy.  She can't be both now, can she?"

  "I'm not so sure."

  "Master how can she be both?  The Sith prophecy is worded rather … darkly."

  "I'm sure Darth Sidious will tell me all about it."

  "I'm sure he will.  Be careful, Master, we wouldn't want to have to resurrect you a second time."

Qui-Gon chuckled.  "Rest assured, Padawan.  I'll be on full alert."

  "Behave yourself," Obi-Wan said with a smile.

  "Of course."  Qui-Gon smiled back.

The Jedi Master left with the Sith Master.  Worried, Obi-Wan watched them go.  Seph knew Qui-Gon would be all right.  She beckoned to Maul who was quite surprised that she wanted to talk to him.  She lead him down the corridor then stopped abruptly and spoke to him softly.

   "If you hurt my baby again, I'll rip off your horns and gut you with them.  'Kay?"

  "What?" Maul growled.

  "'Kay?"  She said pleasantly.

She then turned to leave.  She did not see Maul smiling.

 

*   *   *

 

Out and about, Sidious smiled at Qui-Gon, but the smile was far from pleasant.  "You've been given a rare gift, Jedi Master."

  "Yes, and I don't intend on wasting it.  Now what did you want to discuss?"

  "The prophecy."

  "I thought so."

  "She will raise the dead, which she has done.  She will wound a Sith Lord, Maul probably and she will drink the blood of a Jedi. I do so hope it's yours."

Qui-Gon smiled.  "We'll see."

  "What about your prophecy?" Sidious asked.

  "Her offspring will being everlasting peace to the Universe."

  "That's all?"

Qui-Gon nodded.  "No blood drinking.  Sorry to disappoint you."

  "Her offspring.  Which implies there is another half of your prophecy."

Qui-Gon nodded.  Sidious pondered.

  "She can't very well be the same prophecy then."

  "I'm not so sure about that," Qui-Gon said.

  "She also will be untouched by any man," Sidious said after a pause.  "If you so much as *think* about it, I swear I'll sever your orbs with my lightsabre."

Qui-Gon chuckled.  "You make it sound like that's all I'm thinking about."

  "Isn't it?  You can't deny wanting to lie with her."

  "No, I can't."

  "My point proven."

  "Is it?  I take it you've never experienced love or sacred sex."

  "Sex is a filthy, dirty business."

  "My point exactly.  You've never loved anyone."

  "She was a whore on Coruscant's lower level."

  "That's hardly love.  Sex can be sacred if it's with the right person, someone you love dearly, but if you believe love is a weakness, you're going to find it very, very difficult indeed."

Sidious grunted as Qui-Gon left him.

 

*   *   *

 

Obi-Wan was glad and relieved to have his Master back alive and well.  Neither him nor Sidious said anything upon their return.  Seph hugged Qui-Gon and they shared a heartfelt kiss.  Sidious glared at Qui-Gon, who smiled back, deepening Sidious' hatred. 

 

Against Obi-Wan's better judgement, Seph went for a walk with Darth Sidious, though Qui-Gon did not sense any danger.

 

  "You haven't spoken to me in over an hour," Sidious said, as they walked.

  "What's there to say?  You're evil you've never loved, you probably don't even know the meaning of the word."

  "Love is weakness."

  "I bet that makes you popular with the ladies."

Sidious smiled, though again it was not pleasant.  He offered her his hand, but Seph refused it and she continued to walk, the leaves crushing under her feet.

  "I like the sounds of leaves crushing under my feet," she said to him.  "I suppose you like the sound of people and planets crushing under yours.  Let alone wildlife and nature."

  "That isn't fair," Sidious said.  "You know so much about me, My Dear, and I know so little about you."

  "I'd like to keep it that way."

  "Need I remind you that you will drink the blood of a Jedi?"

  "Not likely."

Sidious smiled unpleasantly.  "We will see."

 

Obi-Wan was relieved when Seph returned unharmed.  Qui-Gon too was happy to have her back, though he knew she had not been in any danger. The Jedi Master was growing tired again, but he went to prepare dinner.  He began chopping vegetables and accidentally sliced his finger.  Seph felt sorry for him and lovingly licked his wound.  Sidious watched in disgust.  After the bleeding had stopped, she placed a Harry Potter band-aid around the wound.

 

Qui-Gon went back to preparing the dinner.  Maul came to Seph and placed his hand upon her shoulder.

  "What's for dinner?" he asked, coming closer to her.

"Vegetarian."

  "Great," he said with a smile.

Strange Seph thought.  Usually Maul hated what he called 'rabbit food.' Seph then she realised, pushed his hand off her shoulder and went to Qui-Gon, ignoring Maul.  Maul glared with hatred at the Jedi Master, then his expression softened when he watched Seph instead.  Sidious watched with interested disgust.  He took Maul aside.  "When the prophecy is fulfilled, I want you to kill Qui-Gon again, Obi-Wan … and her also."

  "Yes, Master."

  "You hesitated before you answered me.  You've never had a problem with killing before."

  "Must we kill her too?"

  "Yes, otherwise she'll just bring them back."

  "Yes, Master," Maul said.  "It will be done."

 

*    *   *

 

Seph retreated into her room and lay on her bed.  She sensed someone lying in the covers.  The covers peeled themselves back to reveal Darth Maul.  Seph looked at him. 

  "Qui-Gon, you've done something with your hair, haven't you?"

No sooner, Qui-Gon came into the room.

Maul smiled.  "I came to warn you," he said.  "My Master wants you both dead."

  "I figured that," Seph said.

Maul climbed off the bed and left.

  "Thanks for the warning," Seph called after him.

Qui-Gon held her close.

 

 

After dinner, Seph went walking to the waterfall with Obi-Wan.

  "You are the prophecy," he said.

  "So it appears, but I've never been that important before."

He took her hand. " Believe me, you are."

 

  "So," Qui-Gon said to Darth Sidious with a smile.  "Has she drunk the blood of a Jedi yet?"

  "Yes," Sidious answered.

Qui-Gon looked a little perplexed.

  "Just now when she licked your wound, effectively, she drank your blood."

Qui-Gon smiled.  "So it was my blood she drank.  Well it looks like one of your fondest dreams have come true."

Sidious glared at the Jedi Master.

  "But Master," Darth Maul said, "she still has to wound one of us if she is our prophecy."

  "She did that when she rejected your love."

Maul squirmed.  "I thought I hid it pretty well."

  "Hid it?" Sidious hissed with disgust.  "It stuck out like dogs' bollocks."

Qui-Gon smiled.  "Well it's settled then Seph is both our prophecies."

 "So what now?" Sidious asked.

  "We wait."

  "We haven't got time to wait," Sidious snapped.

  "We must wait," Qui-Gon said in a tone that brooked no further argument

Sidious turned to Maul.  "So when did you decide that you-" he started.

The young Sith felt uncomfortable discussing this in front of the Jedi Master, but he did anyway.  "When she told me she'd rip out my horns and gut me with them if I harmed Qui-Gon again."

Sidious smiled.  "She's an interesting one."

Qui-Gon smiled too.

 

*   *   *

 

Just after an hour later, Obi-Wan returned with Seph.  Qui-Gon felt something as he walked toward her and took her hand.  His whole body began to tingle as he retreated into Seph's room with her.  He stared into her sea green eyes.

  "The prophecy is starting … But we have not yet found the other half …"

Seph started at Qui-Gon.  "I feel it now.  The other half is you."

Qui-Gon's eyes widened.  "Me, but I … How can I …"

  "Qui-Gon, you're too modest."

Qui-Gon smiled as he held her.  The Force caressed them in swirls of light, growing brighter and brighter.

 

 

  "Something's happening," Sidious said.

  "I feel it too," Obi-Wan said.

Maul nodded.  Sidious marched to Seph's room and flung open the door to find both Seph and Qui-Gon in each other's arms, waves of light swirling around them.  It was the most beautiful thing the Sith Lord had ever seen, but he refused to admit it.

 

A large wave of light swirled around them.  Qui-Gon and Seph touched it gently, knowing that this was their offspring, a being made of pure love and the Force.  The wave took off to fulfil the prophecy.  Qui-Gon held Seph in his arms and he noticed both wounds had cleared up and there were no scars.  Gently, he kissed her.  They both almost collapsed.  Obi-Wan caught them and lowered them to the floor.  He picked up his Master and carried him to the bed, then picked up Seph and placed her next to him.

  "They must rest," he said, in awe of what had just happened.

Maul was too, but he said nothing as he left with his Master.

  "After they have rested, I want you to kill them both."

  "Yes, Master," Maul said, without hesitating this time.

 

*   *   *

 

The next afternoon, Seph awoke, and saw Qui-Gon was still sleeping.  She smiled lovingly at him, but didn't want to wake him.  She went to find Obi-Wan.

  "Qui-Gon's still asleep, would you join me for a walk?"

  "I'd be happy to," Obi-Wan said.  "You are truly a beautiful person."

  "Thank you, so are you and your Master."

Obi-Wan smiled as she lead him down to the waterfall.

This time he could sense the nature spirits.

 

 

Maul entered Seph's room with his Master.  Sidious stood in the doorway.  Maul approached Qui-Gon, who was awake, but too weak to defend himself.

  "This time there will be no resurrection," Maul said.

Qui-Gon sensed there would be death, but he looked at the Sith Lord, unsure. 

Maul smiled.  "Did you really think I would let you live?"

At the doorway, Sidious smiled too as Maul ignited his lightsabre.

  "Come closer, Master," Maul said.  "Do you not want to see the pain on his face when I slowly disembowel him?

Sidious approached his apprentice, grinning evilly.  "Well get on with it.  Kill him."

  "I intend to."

Without warning, Maul ignited the other half of his lightsabre, running his Master through.  In shock, Sidious fell to the floor.

  "You disgust me," Maul glowered.  "You see the most beautiful thing you have ever seen and you want to destroy it?  You loved her too, didn't you?  And you wanted her dead because you could not have her."

Sidious winced in pain as Maul withdrew his vermilion sabre.

  "You despise Qui-Gon because you can never be like him.  You can never experience love so you want to destroy it. Compassion and beauty will always be a mystery to you, so you shun them."

  "Look … how weak he is…" Sidious rasped.

  "Weak only in body which will pass soon enough.  Strong in spirit.  And you are weak too, Master.  Look at you grovelling on the floor beneath my feet.  You disgust me."

  "Please..." Sidious rasped.

Maul swung his lightsabre and severed his old Master's head from his shoulders.  At that point Obi-Wan and Seph came rushing in.  Obi-Wan ignited his indigo lightsabre.

  "It's all right, Obi-Wan," Qui-Gon calmed.

  "Master …"

Maul disengaged his lightsabre.  As did Obi-Wan.

  "I'll get rid of the body," Maul said, bundling up Darth Sidious' body and head in his black robe and he left.

 

 "Master … I sensed pain …" Obi-Wan said, kneeling down next to the bed.

  "What you felt was the Sith Lord's pain and despair."

  "But what if Maul intended to kill you?  We would have been too late."

  "I was never in any danger, Obi-Wan, otherwise the Force would have alerted you sooner."

The young Jedi smiled.  "You're wise, Master."

 "As are you, my young Padawan."

Seph sat next Qui-Gon and held him.

 

Half an hour later Maul returned.  No one wanted to ask him what he had done with the body. 

  "I will return to our Universe," he said, "and take an apprentice and teach him or her in the ways of the Dark Side, but I will not train my apprentice to despise Jedi.  The hatreds of the past are over."

  "Thank you," Qui-Gon said, heartfelt.  "It appears the prophecy has come to pass."

Maul left to find his ship.

 

*   *   *

 

  "I'm going to stay here with Seph," Qui-Gon said.  "At least for a while."

  "You're staying?"  Obi-Wan sighed.  "Hey, are you sure you don't just want to stay because you don't want to face the Council when we get back?"

  "Blast.  You got me," Qui-Gon joked.

  "Seriously, Master, are you sure?"

The older Jedi nodded.  "I love her too much to leave her."

  "I'll miss you so much."

  "And I you, my young Padawan, but remember we'll always be near."

Obi-Wan hugged him and Qui-Gon returned the embrace.

 

He told the good news to Seph.

  "I'm delighted, but aren't you going to miss your home?"

  "Yes, I will, but I want and I need to stay here with you."

  "I'm not complaining."

Seph smiled as she hugged her Jedi Master.

 

 

*   *   *

 

When he returned, Obi-Wan delivered his report to the Council.

  "Told us he should have," Yoda said.

  "Yes, Mace said.  "Something of this magnitude we should have been informed, but Jinn has done it again."

Obi-Wan smiled.  "Indeed he has."

  "The Universe is at peace at last," Depa Bilaba said.

  "Calls for a celebration this does," Yoda said.

Obi-Wan smiled again.   "Let us all have a night on the town."

  "You're on," Ki-Adi Mundi said with a smile.

The Jedi Council members stood to have a great night out.

 

Obi-Wan looked out of the window to a distant bright blue star, knowing his Master was there in the arms of his love, knowing that his fondest desire of peace had come true.

              *

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Back to Qui~Gon Page