Neverland, James {Hook} Peter Pan and Fairies Dreams

 

 

These are nightly dreams I have had in the Neverland Universe. I will be updating it as soon as I have more dreams. Please do not archive, though you may link directly to this page.

Dream Dates are written Australian/UK format as in Day/Month/Year.

Most of these dreams I have at home, unless otherwise specified.

 

 

 

20/1/04

Tick tock … Tick tock … Peter, Wendy and Captain Hook were running away from the crocodile.  Peter and Wendy ran into a house and locked the door.  In a panic Hook, screamed, begged and pleaded to be let inside.  Wendy made him promise that he would not try to kill them. Hook gave her his solemn word and Wendy let the panicked man inside.  James sat down, panting with relief.

 “ Thank you ” he rasped, and looked at Wendy, grateful. 

Wendy turned to Peter and made him promise that he would not try to kill Hook.  She did not want any fighting in the house.  They promised that this night there would be no violence between them.  The clock had run down inside the crocodile, Wendy opened the door and threw him another, but Mr Grin crunched it up in his teeth.

 Hook realised Wendy had saved his life and he felt strange inside.  He realised he was falling in love with her.  Wendy became a grown woman now and Hook kissed her.  Wendy felt his love and kissed her back.  Peter was not sure what was going on.

Hook felt a tingling in his left hand and, he was astonished to see his real hand grow back.  Both James and Peter were astounded.   Tinker Bell, who had now joined them rang her little bells and Hook realised that there had only ever been one magic that could restore his hand – Love … And how he felt that for Wendy.

He realised he’d hated Peter because of the boy’s capability to feel love, and for his youth, creativity, resourcefulness, his exuberance and vitality.  Now Hook himself began to feel these things way, instead of feeling old and alone and.  His hatred for Peter dissipated.  Hook felt thirty years younger.  He felt lighter, alive and vibrant –and for the first time in his life he felt loved … And happy – and he began to fly.  When he came down, Wendy kissed the man again and James held her in his arms.  Tink’s bells rang, sounding suspiciously like wedding bells.  Hook and Wendy laughed.  Wendy saw a tear escape Hook’s cheek.  Gently she wiped it away.  The two love birds held each other gently.  Hook never wanted the warm embrace to end.

Peter was astounded that Hook could change, but he had and he was happy for him.

 

18/2/07  ~ This dream contains spoilers for the 2 prequel novels Peter

            and the Starcatchers and Peter and the Shadow Thieves.

 

In the first part of this dream, James (as a boy) was feeling depressed and dejected that he could not fly.  He sat in the treetops – after having climbed there – instead of flew - and being teased about it by the other boys.  He sobbed to himself for a while in his tree.  He had found a witch’s broomstick to help him fly (he hoped) – he’d even named her Brunnhilde - though he knew if the other boys saw her or got wind of the broomstick, James knew they’d laugh themselves stupid – he could see it now … even Peter, doubling over, howling with laughter - and James scowled.  Would they think it as funny if they could not fly?  Stupid children …  However, it hurt James very deeply.  He cried alone, often – and he’d had enough.  He could not go on living like this and he decided to end it all.  The small boy took one hefty breath, before taking his broomstick (just in case it worked) and flung himself from the high treetops into the large lagoon below.  The other boys, returning looked, horrified, including Peter at James’ form, plummeting to the water below. 

 

James, for the first time in his life, was content and happy – that he would be free and no longer a burden or source of constant belittlement and amusement for the other boys to take out their cruel, childish jibes on.  He was ecstatic.

 

James began to feel lighter – and much to his astonishment (and the Lost Boys’ relief), began to levitate.  James, in his delirious euphoria realised – he was flying... And he realised why – for the first time in his life, he was happy – truly happy.  With an exclamation of pure glee, he began flying around on his broomstick, whizzing here and there, back and forth, up and down.  He noticed a dark shape coming at him from the bottom of the lagoon – and realised at once what it was – Mr. Grin.  A split second later, the Boys saw it too and instantly began warning James at the top of their lungs.  Peter noticed, that to his credit, James was already aware of the threat – however, James was not gaining any altitude.  Peter realised why – so id James.  He was no longer happy, but terrified.  Lower and lower he sank, now his feet were touching the water – the absolute last place he wanted to be right now.  Mr. Grin would be upon him in seconds.  James felt his little heart pounding in his chest.  For one second, he thought it had stopped.  In that second – he thought a happy thought – not ending up inside that thing’s enormous stomach – being Alive!  Being Free.  He smiled, and took off in a jiffy, soaring up to the treetops, holding onto the broomstick.  Mr. Grin leapt from the water, missing James, and grunting.   James looked down and breathed a sigh of relief.  He made it back to the trees.  Peter came to him and shook him.

  “Don’t you ever do anything stupid like that again, you hear??!!”

James looked down, depressed again.  Here, he thought would come a lecture from Pan.

James looked up to see tears in Peter’s eyes.  “Peter…”

  “I … I thought I’d lost you …”

Peter threw his arms around James.  James saw the other Boys, including Prentiss, who too was sobbing, as was Tubby Ted – thinking of something other than his stomach for once.

Now it was James’ turn to cry.  “I didn’t think you cared … any of you.”

  “What gave you that stupid idea?” Peter asked.

  “You guys … always teased me and…”

Peter looked guilty – as did the other Boys.

  “We teased you because we wanted to encourage you,” Prentiss said.

Tubby Ted nodded his head.

  “Yeah, well it didn’t work.  You made me feel lousy.”

Prentiss burst into tears and hugged James.  James backed away a little as Ted came forward, in fear of being crushed by the huge boy.  He smiled warmly.  Peter wiped a tear form his face.  “I’m sorry, James.  We should have been more sensitive.”

James nodded.  “Yes, and perhaps I should have been surer of myself.”

  “Well you are now.  Did you see the way you took off from that croc!  I thought you’d shoot right up into the stratosphere!”

  “But I …” he held up his broomstick … then he remembered – He has taken off – he had not been sitting on the broomstick at all and he smiled – he had dome it himself.

  “So, the broomstick can go?”

James thought for a moment.  “No,” he said.  “Without Brunnhilde’s help, I don’t think I could have flown at all.  She gave me the confidence I needed.”

   “You named your broomstick?”

  “Yes,” James said proudly.  “And I’m keeping her.”

 

In the second part of this dream, the Fairy folk of Neverland were ill and as a result, the Fairy dust was beginning to wear off.  The Lost Boys were dangling from a tree, hovering above a deep lagoon.  Mr. Grin was leaping out of the water to get them.   The Boys were terrified, using all their might to stick together and use what little Fairy dust they had to keep aloft.  Prentiss was at the top, followed by Tubby Ted – Peter was second last and James clung onto him for dear life.  In the next moment, James realised that they were not gong to escape – there was to much weight on the branch.  He closed his eyes, knowing what he must do.  He felt he wasn’t much help to the Boys, couldn’t fly at the best of times and always getting ion the way … getting captures and all sorts of mishaps.  He closed his eyes, a tear rolling down his cheek – at least this way he could be useful.  Peter looked down at James and saw him crying.  He was about to comfort him, when James looked up at him and smiled warmly.   With a shock, Peter realised what James meant to do.

  “Goodbye, Peter,” James whispered.  “I’m sorry …”

James let go.  He did not see Peter’s horrified look, or his tears when the Crocodile swallowed the small boy in one single gulp.  Peter screamed in anguish as Mr. Grin plummeted into the water with his prize.  The Boys managed to make it to the top of the tree, though it was no consolation for Peter.  He began to sob.

  “Where’s James?” Prentiss asked.

Peter’s sobs became howls.

It dawned on the boys what James had dome for him, and they joined Peter in mourning.

 

Meanwhile, Mr. Grin certainly never expected one of the boys to sacrifice himself for the others … and the old crocodile had second thoughts now.  The crocodile grunted, knowing, despite the fact that he was ravenous, he had to do the right thing.  He heaved and regurgitated the small boy.  He wasn’t much more than a morsel for the enormous crocodile.  Thankfully James was still unconscious.  Mr. Grin cradled James’ sleeping form, in his mouth, as a mother crocodile does her babies, to the shore.  From the trees, Fighting Prawn, the chief of the Mollusks saw this and could not believe his eyes.

 

Mr. Grin opened his enormous mouth, rocked it slightly, until James laid horizontally across his jaws – the huge croc being incredibly careful not to slice the boy’s skin with his razor-sharp teeth.   Gently, he placed James’ unconscious form onto the shore.  James began to come to.  He started a little when he saw the huge crocodile in front of him.  In the next moment, he had understood what had transpired.  He smiled warmly, touching the old crocodile’s snout.  Fighting Prawn emerged form the trees.  Mr. Grin regarded him, remembering what had transpired between himself, Fighting Prawn’s son and the Englishmen.  The Crocodile could never replace the Chief’s son and began to feel remorseful.  Fighting Prawn saw this and for the first time, forgave the humungous reptile.  The crocodile’s eyes showed his remorse and relief, as he turned and swam back into the lagoon, thankful to have lost his addiction and taste for human flesh.

 

Fighting Prawn, without an effort, picked up James and held him.

  “If you will have me as a father, I will have you as my son.”

James smiled warmly.  “I am honoured, Sir,” he said.  “Though I cannot replace your real son.”

Fighting Prawn smiled warmly.  “No, you cannot – and nor would I expect you to.  I realise now, his body is lost, but not his soul … And I know that I cannot replace your real father.”

James gave a mirthless chuckle.  “That crocodile could replace my father …. Let us just say he was not a very nice, loving or caring man.  He drove my mother into depression and Death.  I never had a real father.”

Fighting Prawn held onto James tightly.  ”You do now.”

 

He took James in, cared for, nurtured him, and nursed him back to heath – and taught him how to fly. It had been many weeks since the incident with Mr. Grin.

  “I will understand, My Son,” said Fighting Prawn, “if you want to go back to your friends.”

James smiled.  “Thank you … I’d like to … I’d like to be with you both.  They are my friends,” he said.  “You are my father.”

With these words, Fighting Prawn began to cry.

  “It has been many years since I have been called Father.”

  “And many since I have been called Son.”

Father and Son Embraced.

 

James and Fighting Prawn went to the Lost Boys.    James saw the Boys looking depressed, dejected and down.   He saw Prentiss, and Tubby Ted crying. 

  “What’s happened?” James asked Fighting Prawn in a whisper.

  “They have lost a friend,” he said.

James became concerned and then he became cold and a shiver ran up his spine.  He had not seen Peter.

 

James heard a rustle in the bushes and saw Peter come to them, tears streaming down his face.  He swallowed, holding a red sash.

   “As you know, I found this on the shore today.”

The Boys sobbed.

  “It belonged to James,” Peter continued.  “I don’t need to remind you what he did for us.”

James stared, astounded and turned to his adopted father.  “Me?”

Fighting Prawn nodded.  “They loved for you, James,” he said quietly.  “Deeply.”

  “But I thought …” James trailed off, seeing Fighting Prawn’s warm smile.

 

Peter placed the red sash at the base of a large tree.

  “This was his favourite tree,” he said.  “He loved to site here … read … watch the birds … climb the tree …” Peter shut his eyes.

  “And he used to sit here and … meda … medi …” Prentiss could not quite pronounce the word.

  “Meditate,” Peter said.  “And I used to tease him for it.”

  “We all did,” said Tubby Ted.  “I wish we never teased him because he couldn’t fly.”

The Boys sobbed.  Peter cried in silence, as he knelt down and placed the sash under the leaves, and then the boy broke down and sobbed uncontrollably.

 

James’ heart went out to him.  Fighting Prawn emerged slowly from the trees.  At first the Boys only Saw the Mollusk Chief.

Peter stood.  “You honour us with your presence, Chief Fighting Prawn,” he said.  “We are in mourning.”  He hoped the Chief would go.

  “I understand,” the Chief said, “and I will soon take my leave, although I have something of yours I wish to return.”

Peter knew that the Mollusks were easily offended, but he was itching to snap “now is not the time!”

  “As you Children know, many moons ago, I lost my son, to Mr. Grin.”

Peter now sympathised and clamed.

  “I never thought anything or any one fill the emptiness in my heart.  I was wrong.  Three moons ago,

Peter now looked up at the burly man.

  “I adopted a son, whom I love dearly.  However, it is selfish for m to keep him from you, as I see you dearly love him too.”

The Chief nudged James, standing behind him.  With nervous steps, James emerged.  Peter’s mouth hit the forest floor in amazement.  The other Lost Boys stared.

 

Fighting Prawn told of Mr. Grin’s amazing transformation.  Peter’s teats of sorrow, guilt and anguish turned into tears of joy as he embraced James.  The other lost Boys began to sob with joy as well.  Tubby Ted even hugged him.

James noticed Tubby Ted was not so tubby anymore.

  “He’s hardly eaten a thing since you …” Prentiss said.

This greatly heartened James, to realise he was so loved.  “I never thought you liked me …”

  “Whatever gave you that idea?” Peter asked.

  “The way you always teased me and stuff…”

  “That was only because we were trying to encourage you to fly … “Peter said.  “I guess we should have been more sensitive … like you.”

James chucked.

 

A tear rolled down Fighting Prawn’s cheek.  James cam to him, and took his hand.  “I love you all,” he said.  “My friends, and my Father.  I cannot choose whom I love more or whom I wish to stay with – so I choose both of you.  I wish to share my time with all of you.”

Fighting Prawn and Peter shook hands.  James was re-united with his friends.

  “But I believe I lost something…” he said.

James went to the leaves, retrieved his red sash and tied it around his stomach.

Peter laughed.  “That looks so good on you.  I tried it on, but it’s not my colour.”

  “No, James said.  “You’ll always be a green boy.”

James, the Lost Boys and Fighting Prawn laughed in this Merry Reunion.

The Fairies regained their health and all was well.

 

The second version of this Dream began exactly the same as the first, although instead of being impressed and heartened by James’ sacrifice, Mr. Grin could not believe his sheer dumb luck at the easy feed.    Never in his wildest dreams did Mr. Grin think one of the irritating Boys would actually sacrifice himself for the others.  Compassion did have merits after all he thought.  It got him a meal.  If only the other boys would be so compassionate.  Mr. Grin imagined the glorious feast he would have!   He imagined gouging himself.  With gluttonous visions of his massive squelching stomach bulging, sun baking with his huge belly up, barely being able to move being so stuffed, almost exploding, after his all-the-boys-you-can-eat buffet, he swallowed James, gleefully – without a second thought, or a fist one, for that matter.  His only disappointment now, that it was the smallest boy in the bunch, a mere morsel – although a very tasty one.  Now the fat one they called Tubby Ted – now at least that would have been a satisfying meal.  But Mr. Grin had to be satisfied, for now, with James – at least the small snack would last him half an hour before dinner.

 

However, as he swallowed the boy was curled into a ball, and stuck in Mr. Grin’s throat.  Furious, the enormous crocodile chocked and coughed up the small boy.  For a moment, James wondered if he should let the crocodile have him – at least he was useful to something – even if it was only a small, pre-dinner snack.  It seemed that was all he was good for.  James’ heartbroken tear was lost in the lagoon – and the he felt a surge of anger.  NO!!!  He was worth more than that even if only to himself.  Immediately the Lost Boy’s fight or flight kicked in.  Despite his small size, he kicked Mr. Grin’s snout with all the might his little body could muster – and caused a bruise. He kicked again and again in the same spot, then swum madly, blindly to shore.  Mr. Grin grunted, his snout sore – the small boy sure packed a punch for his size.   Despite being impressed with his will to live – what possible use could that small thing be to anyone after all?  He wasn’t even much good for a snack.  Mr. Grin was tempted to snap the child again – and do it right this time, but the massive crocodile didn’t want to waste any more energy on such a small morsel – probably expend more energy catching the thing that it was worth and he would be hungrier still and his nose hurt.  Blasted humans!  thought Grin in frustration.  They’re so annoying!!  Why can’t they just stay still so I can chomp and swallow them up and be done with it?   Such a darn nuisance and waste of energy having to chase them all the time.   Far too much trouble … And Mr. Grin swam away, beginning to lose his appetite for the bothersome things.

 

James breathed with utter relief when he reached the shore, clawed his way onto the bank, petrified Mr. Grin would chase him and snap him up again.  The crocodile in question, as James would be relieved to note, had now long gone in pursuit of a bigger fish and to nurse his throbbing nose., James did not know that at this time and blindly scrambled up a tree - knowing not how he did this in his exhausted state.  He reached a patch of leaves, and twigs, a large long abandoned bird’s nest and promptly fell asleep.  He slept for three days.  On the morning of the third day, Tinker Bell saw something funny – a leg dangling out of a tree.  She went to investigate and rang her bells with joy to find that it was James, who had somehow, amazingly escaped the crushing jaws of Mr. Grin.  Immediately she flew to the others and not a moment too soon.  When the Lost Boys arrived, James had almost fallen out of the tree. Peter smiled, walked and stood at the base of the tree, catching James in his arms as he fell.  James blinked and opened his eyes, to look straight into Peter’s.  James smiled.  So did Peter, who held him gently.

  “It’s your lucky day,” he said.  “And mine.”

James looked inquisitive.

  “James …” said Peter, though tears, “I thought I’d lost one of the best friends I’d ever had.”

James, tears meandering down his own pale cheeks, told Peter he hadn’t thought that they’d cared for him, but Peter told him, and James realised otherwise – and Peter carried him home.

 

22/9/15

 

In this dream Fawn, Tinker Bell and the Fairy folk of Pixie Hollow were helping Gruff, the Neverbeast save their home form the strange lightning.  They helped him create the rock pillars. He welcomed their help and gently nudged them, especially Fawn and Tinker Bell. The Scouts helped too, even Nyx. Together, they saved Pixie Hollow and Gruff spent time with his Fairy friends before he went back into hibernation on his soft pillow. The Fairies missed their giant fluffy friend and would always remember him.

 

 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

More as I have 'em

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Back to Peter Pan Page