Notes on Peter Facinelli Q & A Talk

Supanova Sydney, June 18, 2016

 

 

We weren’t allowed to film or record, but note-taking was not forbidden, so here are my notes on Peter Facinelli’s Q & A.

 

Peter’s wonderful and such a sweetie! It was the first time I met him and when I had my photo taken with him, I showed him my ‘Do No Harm, Team Carlisle’ mock doctor’s jacket and I told him that I liked Carlisle and Aro the best. And he winked at me!  Squee!

 

At his talk he made us laugh by lying on the sofa on the stage, telling us he had jet lag!

He grew up on Queens, New York, born to Italian parents. Spiderman was his favourite superhero growing up.

He was asked about his character Carlisle Cullen in the Twilight saga. He said he researches his character and there was over 350 years of material!  He looked into Carlisle’s history of coming to the US and getting interested in Baseball and watching Babe Ruth, who famously pointed the bat where he was going to hit the ball, so he did the same with Carlisle.  He was asked what scene was his favourite in Twilight.  He told us he liked the scene where Carlisle was helping Bella. He said he practiced stitching chicken breasts together for stitching Bella’s arm, but he said he could hardly see a thing with the amber contacts! And we’ve all seen the movie and it went very well. It’s one of my favourite Carlisle scenes too.

He said during the first Twilight movie, they could leave their hotel rooms as Twilight was just gaining popularity, but after the frist movie they had to stay in the hotel rooms. Once, they played the Twilight board game and Ashley Greene (Alice) won! He said he took his mother to see the first Twilight movie and asked her what she thought of it, but she was tired. He said it’s hard to impress his parents.

He told us he likes roles which make him excited and a joy to go to work. He likes to be challenges and do things he’s not done before. He said he’ll never know what it’s like to be a fireman or a doctor, etc, but acting gives him a taste of what it’s like and it’s fun to dress up and change his voice. He said it’s sad for him when a movie or TV series ends and he goes through a three-day mourning period.  I asked him which was his favourite character and he said they were like his children and impossible to choose.  Peter has three kids. 

 

He was asked what inspired him to become an actor and he told us it was Paul Newman in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. He told us he was a shy kid with a dream of becoming an actor, but too shy to star in high school plays.  He called in sick for a play he was supposed to be in in the 5th grade. He started taking his acting career seriously when he was in the 10th grade. He started taking acting classes. Acting helped him to be free and get over his shyness. His first acting job was a Law and Order episode where he landed the lead guest role. One participant told Peter she was in a small play. He said: “There are no small plays and no small actors.” He’s such a sweetie!

He’s a good listener and he says 90% of acting is listening.

Of his role as Max in Supergirl, he says Max is an interesting character, not black and white like Lex Luthor. He said he would like to see Max and Alex get together and asked if anyone shipped Max & Alex and a few hands went up.

He told us that he finds Cooper from Nurse Jackie’s innocence endearing.

He said “if you want to be an actor, act. The more you do, the better you will get. Continue doing, doing, doing.”

 

He admires ordinary people doing extra ordinary things.

I told Peter that I thought they made Aro too evil in Breaking Dawn Part 2, but what was it like working with Michael Sheen and Peter told us that working with Michael was a blast! He said of Michael that he’s a bold actor and you never know what he’s going to do next and he’s very in the moment.

Peter thanked us all for coming and he’ said he’d feel bad about himself is no one showed up. Of course we came for Peter! Wouldn’t have missed it for the world!

 

-       Please scroll down for about 5 convention pix.

 

   

Me with Peter! He looks so cute!!!

(I’m wearing my ‘Do No Harm ~ Team Carlisle’ mock doctor’s jacket and my ‘La Tua Cantante ~ Team Aro’ satin shirt and my Cullen and Volturi necklace. I put them together on the one chain.

I was also wearing Cullen and Volturi 'New Moon' socks - odd? No. As Aro says - "peace!" And I had my Twilight Volturi eye shadow 'myth' and 'lover' and my Twilight dark silver mascara on  

as well as Vampire shimmer on my face and silver sparking hairspray!:)

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Please click here to see my Carlisle Cullen/PeterFacinelli Page

 

Back to Twilight Page