Disclaimers: Transformers are owned by Hasbro.

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic/fanart.

Summary: A story about First Aid and Swindle learns a lesson.

Author's note: This is based on athe post TFTM episode, The Ultimate Weapon, but I took it a bit further.  It’s set in an AU universe to the Movie.

 Rating - PG

~~~~~~~

THE PACIFIST

 

The Autobots had gone on patrol, all except First Aid, who stayed behind at Autobot headquarters. He looked down and saw a broken light.

"Ohhh ..." he said sympathetically.

First Aid knelt down next to it and began to repair it. His touch, gentle, soft and smooth. He repaired the light with ease. He then turned it on and smiled.

"You should be all right now," he said, standing.

First Aid went to see if anything else was damaged. He hated seeing anything damaged or pain, even his enemies.

Swindle, a Decepticon, had been sent by Megatron to steal Teletraan I's circuit compartment. He deactivated the Autobots' computer from outside with a few blasts form his gyro-gun. He quietly walked into Autobot headquarters, avoiding all the alarm detection systems. Swindle prowled around the headquarters until he reached the main control room with Teletraan I. He quietly walked up to him and quietly opened one of Teletraan's compartments.

First Aid was still walking around, looking for something to repair. He suddenly saw Swindle in the main control room. He pulled out his photon rifle, hoping he wouldn't have to use it. He hated violence in any form.

"Hold it, Swindle," he said, sounding as firm as he could, pointing his photon rifle at him, hoping he wouldn't have to fire.

Swindle jerked, then turned around. "Well ... if it isn't First Aid... " he said in a sarcastic tone.

Swindle was holding Teletraan I's main circuit compartment in his hand. Teletraan could not operate without it.

"Put it back ..." said First Aid firmly.

"Hah! What are you tryin' t' do, First Aid? Talk me into surrendering?!"

"That's not a bad idea, Swindle."

"Neither is this!"

Swindle quickly drew his scatter-blaster and blasted at First Aid. First Aid managed to leap out of the way. Swindle blasted at him again and shot First Aid's arm. The Autobot dropped his photon rifle.

"Ohhh ..."

He held the upper part of his arm. Swindle then pointed his shatterblaster at him. First Aid backed away. Swindle kicked First Aid's photon rifle out of the way, then walked closer to him, who was defenceless and kept backing away. Swindle caught him and roughly pushed him onto the floor. First Aid tried to stand, but Swindle kicked him. First Aid did not want to fight Swindle. He sat up weakly. Swindle pointed his shatterblaster at First Aid's face. First Aid gently pushed it away. Swindle was puzzled a little by this.

"Why don't you fight me? " he asked.

"I'm a pacifist. I don't believe in fighting."

"I know that, but I don't believe there's a Transformer who won't fight for his life."

"I defend myself," said First Aid, "but not with violence.

Swindle was about to blast First Aid. First Aid just sat there with Swindle's shatterblaster pointing at his head. Swindle pushed him hard against the hard metal floor and pointed his shatterblaster closer to First Aid's face. He could see that the Autobot was frightened.

"I don't get you, First Aid," he said. "I could've killed you and you just sat there."

"I hate fighting, Swindle. I already told you - I'm a pacifist."

"I know that!" snapped Swindle crossly.

First Aid didn't know what to do. He didn't want to fight, but he couldn't just let Swindle walk out of Autobot headquarters with Teletraan I's circuit compartment.

"Swindle," he said, looking at him, " Please put the compartment back."

"Hah! Never!"

First Aid walked toward him and tried to grab the compartment. Swindle jerked it away from him and then kicked First Aid hard in his shin. First Aid fell to the floor. Swindle kicked him in the same place again.

"Stop it ..."

"I'm just playing around with you," Swindle said. "You're such an easy target ..."

First Aid felt frightened. How was he going to stop Swindle? What was Swindle going to do to him? First Aid slowly stood up.

"Give it to me, Swindle."

"I've had enough o' this, First Aid!" yelled Swindle. blasting First Aid three times in his chest and stomach. First Aid fell helplessly onto the floor. Swindle then knelt down and grabbed his head and pointed his shatterblaster at it at very close range. First Aid tried to struggle free from Swindle's grip, but it was no use. Swindle's grip just became tighter and ready to shoot. First Aid was terrified. Swindle could feel him trembling. He pointed his shatterblaster closer. First Aid's shivering became more intense. He was petrified. Swindle roughly let him go. First Aid was still frightened and shaken. Swindle stood up with Teletraan I's circuit compartment.

"No, Swindle ... don't ..." he said shakily.

Swindle spun around and blasted First Aid in his chest. First Aid gasped with pain. Swindle knew he could easily kill him, but felt First Aid had enough for one day. Swindle quickly left.

First Aid leant against the wall and cried, feeling useless, frightened, helpless, and upset.

The Autobots later returned. Hot Rod was the first one to enter the main control room and First Aid. He walked sympathetically towards him and knelt down.

"What's amatter?" he asked gently, putting his arm around his friend. "What happened?"

First Aid began to tell Hot Rod and the others.

"Look, I can't hear you properly when you're crying."

First Aid tried to stop crying. Optimus Prime entered the main control room and saw Hot Rod kneeling down on the floor next to First Aid, who he saw had been crying. Optimus knelt down next to First Aid and looked into his face.

"What's the matter?" he asked gently, sympathetically.

First Aid was scared to tell Optimus Prime what happened. He didn't want Optimus to get angry.

"It's all right..." Optimus said soothingly. "You're safe now. What happened?"

First Aid began to calm. He dried his eyes and began to tell Optimus and the others what happened.

"It wasn't your fault, First Aid. You're a pacifist. I don't expect you to fight."

First Aid was grateful that Optimus Prime understood him. Optimus helped him up.

"Don't worry about it. We'll construct a new circuit compartment for Teletraan "

First Aid felt better. He believed strongly in being a pacifist, but felt guilty about being so helpless. He walked outside. A gentle, cool breeze blew past him. First Aid knelt on a patch of grass and He touched a small yellow flower. He loved anything calm or peaceful. He loved beauty. He wished the Transformers weren't at war. He despised seeing fighting and violence - anything harmful. He stood up and walked sadly inside.

A few hours later, the Decepticons attacked Autobot headquarters. First Aid didn't want to get involved in the battle. He didn't even want to look at the fighting. He stayed inside Autobot headquarters. He felt the battle was his fault. Teletraan I had only just been repaired, too late to warn the Autobots about the attack.

"I shouldn't've let Swindle take advantage of me, Teletraan," He confessed. " I ... "

"It's all right, First Aid. There was probably nothing you could've done."

First Aid was grateful that Teletraan didn't blame him.

But what could I have done then?

First Aid felt very angry with both himself and Swindle.

The Autobots managed to win the battle. They and came back in their headquarters as the Decepticons retreated. Swindle was the last one to retreat. He transformed into his jeep mode and began to drive as fast as he could away. First Aid watched him driving away. Obviously, Swindle was wounded and low on fuel, otherwise he would've flown off with the other Decepticons. First Aid decided to leave him be. He had no desire to hurt or fight with fight Swindle, but still felt very angry with him for what he did. Swindle, as he was driving, drove over a Decepticon mine charge left on the ground in the battle, which instantly exploded. Swindle was thrown up into the air and instantaneously transformed into his robot mode. He then crashed onto the ground bleeding and in pain. First Aid witnessed the whole thing. He carefully checked for Decepticon mines, then transformed into his ambulance mode and drove to Swindle , then resumed his robot mode. Swindle's body was quite mutilated by the explosion. Some of his metal skin was split open. First Aid winced and shut his eyes. He hated gore. He forced his optics open and looked again at Swindle's unconscious form.

"He'll die if I don't help him ... But it was a Decepticon mine charge that hurt him ... The Decepticons wouldn't care if this happened to an Autobot ... That's exactly why they use these mines. It was a taste of their own medicine. I suppose it served him right ... And for what he did to me..."

First Aid hesitated, then he knelt beside Swindle and examined him. He was alive and would be in a great deal of pain when he regained consciousness and would surely die in agony. First Aid sighed.

"Even though he is my enemy, I can't just sit back and let him die."

First Aid began to repair Swindle as gently as he could. Due to his expertise, it didn't take him very long. First Aid recharged Swindle. The Decepticon sat up.

"Ohhh ..." he groaned, putting his hand on his head. "What ... what happened?"

"You were severely injured by a Decepticon mine charge," replied First Aid.

Swindle spun his head around. "Wha ... First Aid! What ... what are you doing here!?"

"I saw what happened, Swindle. Although you are my enemy, I couldn't let you die in pain. I couldn't let you die at all."

"But after all the things I ... why did you-"

"Because I just couldn't sit back and watch you die. I repair anything or anyone who is damaged or in pain. Broken machinery, friends ... even enemies."

Swindle couldn't help feeling a little ashamed for what he had done to First Aid, earlier on.

"Look ..." he began, "I'm sorry about-"

"It's all right" said First Aid "but remember, everyone has a right to what they believe in."

"You're forgiving me?" asked Swindle in surprise.

"Yes. I don't hold grudges."

Swindle smiled. He was still a little weak from the mine blast, but stood up and dusted the soil off him.

"Can you fly, Swindle?" asked First Aid, standing also.

"I think so " Swindle said. "Thanks, First Aid. I really appreciate this."

The Autobots nodded. "I've constructed a new circuit for Teletraan I. He's fully functional now."

Swindle thanked First Aid again and flew away, heading for Decepticon headquarters. First Aid watched him fly of into the distance. He was glad about what he did for him and wanted to do the same for anyone who needed him, friend or foe alike. First Aid began to walk back to Autobot headquarters, hoping friend and foe alike would someday end this mad, senseless war and live in peace.

 

*

Back to Autobot & Decepticon Fanfic Page

 

Back to Transformers Page