Disclaimers: Transformers are owned by Hasbro.

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic

Summary: Set in future. Soundwave falls in love with a slave girl

Rating - PG

~~~~~~~~~

ONCE UPON A FUTURE TIME

 

It is one hundred years into the future. The Decepticon/ Autobot war has reached a stalemate. Megatron is M.I.A (Missing in Action) and a new leader has taken his place. He calls himself Morbsa. Most Decepticons despise him, and the Autobots - well that goes without saying. Although the Decepticons respect and fear Morbsa's power, they want Megatron back. Morbsa won't hesitate to destroy, even torture any who oppose or even question him. The ultimate Decepticon? Truth is he doesn't give a shit about the Decepticon Cause and is using it solely to gain more power and control for himself. He doesn't care about his troops and made it blatantly obvious that they are all expendable to him. Soundwave loathes him utterly, but of course he never let on and never let Morbsa know of his feelings for Megatron. He'd no doubt Morbsa would use that information against him and for what Soundwave was planing, it was imperative that Morbsa remain ignorant, although the Decepticons communications expert wanted to rub it in his face that he was absolutely nothing compared to Megatron - or anyone else for that matter.

Morbsa was not only powerful, he was spiteful, vindictive and unbelievably cruel. If it wasn't for his power, Soundwave would have killed him - he knew how his 'leader' felt about the Decepticon Cause. Soundwave didn't consider Morbsa a Decepticon. He was just an ultimately evil power mad egomaniac. Soundwave was disgusted that he could ever pretend to lead the Decepticons. But of course Morbsa's humungous ego would disagree. Soundwave wished Morbsa'd 'pull his pants back up' as the humans said, as he definitely wasn't impressed. Without his power. Morbsa was a coward - a dangerous coward who needed to be crushed like virulent bug. An Earth rat had more character in Soundwave's opinion, but, under the circumstances, he followed Morbsa with extreme reluctance. He knew the Decepticons needed a leader and would be scattered without one. He knew he could follow in Megatron's footsteps, but this Morbsa bugger seemed to pop up out of nowhere. Soundwave had the distinct impression that he'd been lying in wait for the right moment to pounce. He also believed Morbsa's power and strength weren't with him when he was created. He was shorter and smaller than Soundwave - every time the two were together Soundwave wanted to vomit. There was no getting rid of Morbsa. Starscream tried once, and failed miserably. His desperate pleas for mercy did not have any effect on Morbsa whatsoever, as they sometimes had on Megatron. Luckily for Starscream he realised 'this was it' and pissed off never to be seen again. 'Lucky him,' Soundwave had thought, inwardly wishing Morbsa didn't have a protective shield around hid body at all times.

As a result of Starscream's escape, Morbsa warned of severe punishment for any other 'deserters' and took extremely tight security measures. None could go anywhere without his approval and would be hunted down and destroyed if they tried to leave. Morbsa did have his few loyal followers, but their loyalty was that of drones. They had been nicknamed 'The Zombie Squad' by the other Decepticons. Many of them had been destroyed, but Morbsa didn't care. Needless to say he only cared for himself and his desires, no matter who had to suffer or die for them.

However Soundwave felt that it would only be a matter of time before Morbsa fell - the Universe had a way of punishing those who abused others unnecessarily. He had never been an impatient person, but he wanted Morbsa dead and Megatron back right now! He sincerely hoped Megatron was just 'missing' and had the suspicion all along that Morbsa had something to do with that also, but he couldn't read the other's mind - the mental blocks were far too strong. Morbsa would know if Soundwave probed his mind and Soundwave knew this slag head enough to know that he wouldn't take kindly to having his mind read, and that the outcome would be very painful for Soundwave and his Cassettes. Soundwave'd often search for Megatron and was always extremely cautious not to let Morbsa know what he was up to. He'd tell him one well said lie or another ... Scouting for Autobots, energon, retrieving fallen Decepticons from battle sites ... Morbsa could be very stupid and gullible. He was shit leader, Soundwave thought.

Also Morbsa was nowhere as lenient, understanding and forgiving as the former and true Decepticon Leader.

Due to the stalemate with the Autobots, Morbsa took the Decepticons to another planet - of which the Autobots were unaware. They launched scout parties to search the galaxy. Although grateful the hostilities had stopped, but they were no fools and knew it was only temporary, for now, but knew the Decepticons, more accurately Morbsa was planning something - something which wouldn't be good for them - and that he was.

However hard they searched, they hadn't turned up any results and even Optimus Prime was beginning to get more than just a little impatient.

Morbsa planned to gather more information on Autobot weaknesses - get them where it hurt - but to do this, he reluctantly had to ease off the destruction and killing for a while. Like he thought that made a person strong. Morbsa also knew most of his troops weren't as heartless and merciless as him and planned to get them that way. The planet he'd chosen was semi inhabited and, like a cross between Earth and Cybertron, partly mechanical, partly organic. Each Decepticon was assigned an apartment and given specific tasks and duties to perform and certain skills to improve. Most of them hated their new roles.

Soundwave's apartment was a reasonably sized one storey dwelling, quite pleasant looking, but he resented it all the same. His Cassettes were assigned to live in other apartments. Soundwave wanted them to be with him. He knew he'd feel lost without the only friends he still had, not that he thought Megatron was dead by any means, but he wasn't here, but he knew better than to argue with his so called 'leader.'

He was eternally grateful he didn't have to share his apartment with any other Decepticons. He couldn't handle noise and interruptions.

 

He was given the tasks of monitoring communication, writing, filing and reviewing reports - and there were a lot of them, amongst other time consuming tasks. Soundwave always kept his apartment locked and all the window shutters closed at all times. He valued his privacy.

Among Morbsa's many evils, he had a uncontrollable desires for the opposite sex and so each Decepticon was given a specially constructed 'slave girl,' or 'boy' for the few female Decepticons. Morbsa found it pleasurable as well as amusing, but made out that the slaves' main purpose was to do the menial tasks, such as the upkeep of the apartments (a glorified way to say cleaning) and running many errands, i.e fetching this, and that, and whatever else he was too lazy to get off his ass and do. Soundwave found it abusive, unnecessary and disgusting - and he wasn't alone - although he had to accept it. He couldn't afford to upset 'the almighty.'

The 'slave girl' he was assigned wasn't quite as tall as him, had quite a slender and petite body, and a gentle, kind face. Her colors were mainly white with a touch of light pastel greens, purples and blues, very non intrusive colors, no doubt to be pleasing to the eye. She kept quiet during the introductions. Soundwave could tell she was afraid, without using his telepathic powers. She also seemed timid and shy.

"I can assign you with another one if you don't want her," Morbsa said.

"She is fine," Soundwave said, fearing if he rejected her she may not have anywhere else to go, and slaves' needs obviously weren't considered. The girl seemed relieved, but still kept her head down and said nothing. Morbsa pushed her toward Soundwave and left her with him. He had no choice but to take her inside. In truth he felt as uncomfortable as her.

"My name is Soundwave," he said, although he knew she'd already been told that, he wanted to break the tension. After a few moments he asked her, "what is yours?"

"Clio," she replied, her voice soft and gentle. She was still very afraid.

Soundwave grew more and more hateful of Morbsa every minute. He could name several Autobots he preferred, though he disliked them in different ways to Morbsa.

He showed Clio to her room - of course it was the smallest in a three bedroom apartment, but Soundwave knew he had to do as he was instructed.

"Call me if you need anything," he said, which seemed to puzzle her, but he didn't know what else to say.

Her presence made him uncomfortable, not in a bad way, but she seemed so scared of him - terrified if she said or did the wrong thing that he'd torture or kill her as she'd no doubt been told would happen if she disobeyed her 'Master.' - As Morbsa had done to many of his 'girls.' Soundwave meant her no harm and wouldn't blame her for feeling angry at her current position. Like who wanted to be a slave? Clio had no rights of her own - none of her kind did. The only things the slaves were allowed to ask their Masters for were things they needed to perform their duties, such as cleaning materials, when they ran out, etcetera. They were fed very sparingly, although Soundwave gave Clio a little more than he was supposed to - too much and Morbsa would discover. Energon was extremely strictly rationed, or course Morbsa had as much as he damn well wanted and had been known to let his slaves starve to death - there were plenty more as far as he was concerned. Slaves' work, no matter how good was never praised - and they were never thanked - it was their job, Morbsa said. Their work was also closely scrutinised - and they were severely reprimanded if it wasn't up to standard. Needless to say they were very meticulous.

Some slaves were constantly raped and since they had no rights could not protest in fear of torture or destruction.

They were not allowed to speak out of turn, and if they had to speak, it must be about their tasks. They also learn initiative as their Masters didn't always tell them what they wanted done and would scald their slaves for not doing it.

Soundwave had never reprimanded or harmed Clio, and this had calmed her a little. She wasn't as frightened, and her curiosity came through and although she never let it show, Soundwave could sense it and silently welcomed it.

In the months he was on Cyber-Earth as the Decepticons had come to call it, Soundwave grew to like his apartment, even though he longed for his undersea quarters back on Earth. Clio never spoke to him much. She wasn't at all arrogant - she never knew what to say to him, although he could tell she didn't resent him, which in a way was strange to him, as most slaves throughout the Universes' history, and present, loathed their Masters. She considered Soundwave to be reasonable and he was relieved at that. Clio was very quiet and so she suited Soundwave. He had no doubt she'd been constructed to be pleasing to him, but Morbsa could go screw himself if he expected Soundwave to take advantage of her, as the so called leader did with his many 'slave girls.' Clio'd become a little more confident and didn't seem so afraid anymore, but she was still extremely nervous.

She had worked hard cleaning the apartment, washing the walls, doors, windows, etcetera ... she never seemed to stop, in fact Soundwave had to order her to rest on a few occasions, but he never ordered her harshly - he didn't want her to feel any more uncomfortable than she already did.

She worked one day, cleaning the front room of the house, where the energon and various other items was stored - a room humans would call the kitchen. Soundwave entered to re-energize himself. Clio wiped a clear cyber-glass jar, then accidentally dropped it and it smashed on the floor. She gasped, and looked at Soundwave, terrified.

"I'm ... I'm so ... so...ry ... I..." she began to cry. "Please ... do not ... hurt me ..."

Soundwave felt pity for her. "I-" he started to say.

Clio shook her head and backed off. Soundwave took her hand, and could feel her shivering.

"It is all right," he said slowly. "It's just a jar."

Clio looked confused.

"I will not harm you," he promised.

Clio calmed considerably, but still felt shaken, for she had been warned of sever punishment for even the smallest of mistakes and given a taste of what torture felt like - all the slaves had to keep them obedient. Soundwave hated Morbsa even more now for the fear he'd put into these beings. He escorted Clio to her quarters, gave her a cyber tissue, and she dried her eyes. He also gave her a glass of warm energon, which she gratefully sipped.

"I am sorry," Clio said. "I had not meant to break-"

"I know, but it is only an insignificant cyber-glass jar. I have others."

"Thank you," Clio said, "for not punishing me."

"It was not necessary."

She smiled. Soundwave seemed kind, compared to the others.

"Rest now," he said. "You need some."

"But I have not finished my work."

"It does not matter, you need some rest," and he gently pushed her onto her bed.

"Thank you, Master."

Soundwave hated being called that. He didn't consider himself her Master, but he knew Clio would feel very uncomfortable calling him by name.

He left her to rest and continued on with his work, but not before cleaning up the broken glass and transferring the unbroken transistors to another jar, then completing 'Clio's' cleaning work and returning to his own work. He hated his work, probably as much as Clio hated cleaning, but like her, he could not protest. He too felt like a slave.

Clio waited until Soundwave looked up from his computer.

"Thank you for completing my duties," she said most grateful and surprised that any Master would do anything like that.

He nodded. "It is all right."

At that moment his door buzzer sounded. Soundwave hated the loud, intrusive sound. "Identify yourself."

"I'll give you three guesses," came Morbsa's voice.

Fuck off. Soundwave controlled the door to open and the vile one entered.

"Have you finished the-"

"Affirmative." Handed the communications and weapons reports to him at which Morbsa gave him more tasks to complete, even though Soundwave hadn't completed the all the tasks he left previously. He could've done another one, but Soundwave didn't feel like pulling out all the stops for this bastard - now for Megatron he would have, but Megatron wouldn't sit on his butt all day giving everyone else the dirty, boring work either. Morbsa seemed oblivious to the fact that Soundwave had been slacking off, which shows how much he knew about 'his' troops. Despite how much he loathed Morbsa, Soundwave knew he had to improve his work, or his life, status and rank would be in danger.

"They rest will be completed soon," he assured.

"Good ... How's the slave doing?"

"Excellent," Soundwave said. "You could not have assigned me with a better one."

"That's good. Has she stuffed up yet?" He smiled.

"Not once."

Clio was relieved Soundwave didn't tell Morbsa about the jar incident, and surprised that he'd lied to his own leader about it, to protect her. She began to like Soundwave. He seemed kinder than the others.

Soundwave, in the little spare time he had, tried madly to find a way around Morbsa's force shield and security systems. He was determined to set things right. He also used his computer to scan for Megatron, near and far. He'd supposedly gone missing on Earth. Soundwave had configured his computers to hook up with Earth computers to find something - anything. Of course he'd locked his computer out of all the others and only linked up when he needed to and kept his programs secure - if Morbsa or any other Decepticon who sought to gain favor with him discovered, Soundwave knew his days would be numbered, and knowing Morbsa, his remaining days - perhaps even weeks or months would definitely be spent in absolute agony, although Soundwave felt that was an acceptable risk. Megatron had done so much for the Decepticons, it pained him deeply that it was being scattered to the winds of time. He'd gladly risk his life for Megatron and the Decepticon Cause and he knew he couldn't afford to fail. He never told a soul about it, not even those who had become known as 'the original' Decepticons, those who had been aboard the Ark when it crashed on Earth, over four million years ago, and of course Shockwave, the former guardian of Cybertron. He was here too now. Soundwave didn't know who to trust. He had a fairly good idea of a few individuals, but decided against telling them - his mission was too important to place his trust in another. He didn't tell Clio about it either. He was fairly sure he could trust her, but he felt this knowledge would frighten her, even though her 'Master,' Morbsa was the 'Lord High Master' who was above the all the other 'Masters.' Now Soundwave was almost sure she wouldn't tell him, but didn't want to put her in such a position.

Soundwave discovered Morbsa had constructed a small personal starship, no doubt for him to escape if things turned ugly. A true coward, albeit a clever one.

Clio never disturbed Soundwave while she worked. He'd hardly notice her at times, she was so quiet and he, being inundated with the work he'd been assigned, had hardly allowed time for himself to rest and only did so when it was absolutely necessary. He hadn't time for luxuries, although he never let on to any of the others how bogged down and stressed he felt with his continuing workload. Occasionally gave some others some of it to do, when it became far to much for him to complete alone, although it never seemed to end. There were so many little things to be done, which became big things because they were so numerous. Soundwave had asked Clio to help him with some of the smaller tasks. At least it was a little more skilled than cleaning and tidying and it helped her grow. She never disappointed Soundwave with her work.

Soundwave sat at his computer - he'd been there for over 72 hours straight, and previously 96 hours straight, and 33 hours straight before that, with a two hour break between them and had finished quite a few reports and other tasks. He just wanted to get them all the hell out of the way. He was bored lubricantless, and the only thing that gave him solace was that he was getting the work done and would give him some free time to do some real work - i.e finding Megatron. The computer screen seemed glued to his ruby red visor. He hadn't had even a second to further his project on finding Megatron and bringing down Morbsa, which he deemed of the utmost importance, but he knew if he slacked off on his work, Morbsa would get suspicious and Soundwave couldn't help Megatron if he was dead. For all he knew Megatron might be dead, but that didn't stop him from doing everything he could. Soundwave sincerely hoped Megatron was alive - but even if he wasn't, he would have to find and repair him, and if that proved impossible, Soundwave knew it would fall to him to lead the Decepticons. He knew he could do it, but would rather be by Megatron's side.

He began to access a file to complete more of the menial tasks he was assigned and after that planned to take a short break and run his program to finally further his search for Megatron. Suddenly he felt a blow to his head and everything started to fade to black. His first thought before he lost consciousness was that he'd been clubbed, but then there was no one here, apart from him and Clio and he hardly thought she would be capable of such malevolence - and she was in the other room, wasn't she? ...

"Master!" she exclaimed, dropping her cleaning utensils and rushing to his side. She knelt down to him.

"Are you all right, Sir?"

No answer. Clio looked very worried. It was forbidden for any slave to touch their 'Master,' unless their 'Master' allowed it, but under the circumstances Clio took the initiative and turned Soundwave over. His eye band was dark. Clio gently felt his pulse and was quite relieved to find he still had one. She sat him up, then with difficulty, hoisted him and carried him to his room, laid him on the bed, then covered him with the cyber-mesh blanket.

"You should be okay now," she said, to his unconscious form. "You just need .... a lot of rest." She brought him some energon milk, although knew he wouldn't be able to drink it until he regained consciousness. Clio checked on him every twenty minutes or so and was relieved when he started to come to. Although he was too weak to get out of bed - he ached every time he tried, and knew he'd overexerted himself.

Foolish, he thought, but he had to get all that blasted stuff done - Morbsa wasn't exactly known for his understanding. Soundwave was very worried. In his present condition he could be of no use to the Decepticons and Morbsa didn't tolerate weakness in any form. Soundwave felt helpless and cursed himself for not taking better care of himself. How could he ever hope to save Megatron and aid the Decepticons like this? He was too tired to think anymore and fell into a deep, much needed slumber.

Clio checked on him again, relieved he had regained consciousness, and pleased that he was finally getting himself some rest, even though it was forced upon him. She left the room, and closed the door, not wanting to disturb him.

Clio saw that Soundwave had left the computer on, and accessed it. She saw a few outstanding jobs, studied them, then completed the relatively simple tasks and printed out the results. She also saw the program Soundwave was working on to endeavour to locate Megatron and find a way to get rid of Morbsa's shield. Clio knew Morbsa would not be happy, so she saved the program, noting it had a password and she surmised Soundwave was smart enough not to have made it Megatron or his own name. She had no intention of accessing the program again, but knew her Master would suffer if it was discovered. She switched off the computer.

The following day, Morbsa came to the house with two of his rather burly followers. Clio was terrified, but didn't let it show when she opened the door.

"Where's Soundwave?" he barked.

Clio knew if she told them that he was sick, they'd take advantage of him - and her.

"He has gone for a few days, perhaps a week to scout the planet, Lord High Master," she lied. "He was concerned that the Decepticons may need to expand and is performing a detailed scan of the land for the best possible location. He ordered me to convey this information to you, Lord High Master." Clio sincerely hoped Soundwave was better by in a week. "He also ordered me to give you these." She handed him Soundwave's detailed reports, other findings and the files she'd completed.

The 'Lord High Master' didn't thank her, just snatched the papers from her and looked at them.

"These are excellent. A good thing Soundwave's here to do them."

His remark angered Clio, but she did not let it show. That would be fatal, or at the very least excruciatingly painful.

Morbsa glared at the 'slave girl.' "And now don't you dare let your Master's absence give you the idea that you can slack off on your work."

Clio shook her head emphatically. "Oh, no, Lord High Master. I would never-"

He smiled, but it wasn't a pleasant one. "Good..." He gave the reports to one of his followers and walked toward her. "I'd hate to see a body as pretty as yours get ... damaged... Now that would be a shame ..." He ran his hand down her face, then drew her toward him and kissed her. Clio wanted to vomit her morning's energon intake over him. Morbsa ran his hand down her slender waist. She felt even more uncomfortable.

"Don't worry, my dear," he said, "I won't hurt you ... unless you protest ..." and he laughed.

Clio wanted to slap him, but he was much stronger and more powerful that she. To him she was nothing. He licked her face. She almost shuddered with disgust, but she did not falter.

"Some other time, baby," he said. "I've got my own girls to get down and dirty with." He grinned.

"Y .. yes, Lord High Master." You disgusting bastard, serve you right if your interface was severed! Her placid facial expression did not change. Watching Soundwave had helped her improve that - now that's something he really was a master of!

Morbsa left, no doubt underestimating her true intelligence. He didn't think 'slaves' knew any better.

Feeling filthy, Clio entered the bathing room, and took a piping hot shower. She scrubbed herself hard with cyber-soap and poured disinfectant, into the water, but somehow she still felt dirty, although she had enough sense not to blame herself for it and was glad he Morbsa hadn't gone further, although she had the distinct sense he wanted to, but was weary of how Soundwave would react to him using his 'possession' without his permission ... of course The 'Lord High Master' felt he could do whatever he damn well wanted, but although he would not let another soul know - he knew he had to be careful - he knew if he lost his power, his life would be next and if he pushed 'his' Decepticons too far, they'd strike back in force.

In his room, Soundwave could hear Morbsa's voice and became very afraid. If he was discovered in here, he had no defences and no energy for hand-to-hand combat. The only thing he could do was talk if Morbsa entered his quarters. He saw a glass of energon milk on his bedside compartment and drank it, feeling puzzled at how it arrived there, but more worried at the moment. He became more puzzled when Morbsa didn't come in, but then the door opened. Soundwave tensed, then relaxed, relieved when he saw Clio enter.

"You are awake, Master."

He nodded. "Foolish of me to push myself too far."

Clio agreed, but said nothing. She did not wish to anger him.

Then Soundwave became puzzled. "The last thing I remember is being by my computer and feeling as though I was hit on the head..."

"You collapsed and your head hit the desk, Master," Clio said. "I brought you in here."

Soundwave was surprised, but before he said anything about that he became worried about Morbsa again. "Morbsa, I heard-"

"He came and ... oh, I am sorry, Master, I did not mean to interrupt you," Clio said apologetically.

Soundwave smiled, still very weak and tired. "It's all right, go on."

"He wanted to know where you were ... I ... I ...." she hesitated. "I knew if he knew you were sick, Master, he would have looked down on you as weak and unable to compete your tasks ... and perhaps ... do away with you ... and so ... I ... told him you had .. gone away for a few days, to scout the planet ... please do not tell him I lied ...."

"I will not," he promised her.

"Thank you." Clio was relieved.

Soundwave was astounded that she'd actually protected him. He signed inwardly, feeling relieved and safe - for a week at least, but was confident he'd be up and about by then. He was starting to feel a little better already.

"I was supposed to give Morbsa the reports I had been working- Oh, my Matrix ... " Soundwave's face seemed to become paler and his heart sank. "The program ... It was on a dual screen .. if he-"

"Do not fear, Master I saw the program you were working on to disable his shields and to find you leader friend, Megatron, and so I .... I know I am forbidden to access the computer, but he would have hurt and killed you had I not. I saved it, and turned it off."

Soundwave breathed a sigh of relief. "Thank you..."

"Oh, is my pleasure, Master. I gave the reports to him and completed the few outstanding details. He would have been angry had they not been done."

"Thank you," Soundwave said, feeling immense gratitude and admiration for her. She could've simply left him to die, no doubt many slaves, robot or otherwise would have done the same to their 'Masters' and Soundwave knew that these 'slaves' were supposed to be extra loyal to their 'Lord High Master,' but Clio had chosen to be more loyal toward him and for that he was glad and felt touched that she'd helped him.

Clio smiled, then left the room and returned with a glass of warm liquid. Soundwave lowered his mouth plate and drank it slowly. It was a very long time since he'd had warm energon milk and had forgotten how pleasurable and calming it was on the nerves.

"Thank you, Clio," he said.

"It is my pleasure, Master."

He smiled - and this time she saw, just before his mouth plate slid back up.

Clio checked up on Soundwave him and fussed over him until he was well enough to walk about. Soundwave was glad she'd gained some self confidence - when he'd first met her she'd never tell him 'he really should stay in bed one more day,' and he truly appreciated her concern.

"You have a lovely name," he told her.

She smiled. "Thank you," she said, and having gained more confidence, continued. "We slaves were allowed to choose our own names. It is the only thing in life we do have a choice about. Clio was one of the Muses, Goddesses of the Arts, in Ancient Greek Earth Mythology."

"Earth ... I have to admit I miss the planet ... and you would like to peruse a career in arts," Soundwave said.

Clio kept silent.

"It's all right, Soundwave," assured her. "I'm sure you don't want to peruse a career in cleaning."

Clio laughed. "That goes without saying ... ohh ... not that I'd offend you in any way, Master ..."

Soundwave smiled. "You can call me by name when no others are present. I hate being called Master."

Clio smiled. "Thank you ... I'll have to get used it, Master Soundwave."

He smiled. "No, just Soundwave."

Clio smiled. "Thank you, Soundwave. I would like to peruse a career in the arts - of many different planets, but it is forbidden for slaves to study. I managed to sneak a little in, and discover I have a passion for arts and exploration but I was almost caught." She was confident Soundwave would never tell another soul.

He felt disgusted that anyone would forbid another to learn and grow. He often wished he could torture Morbsa - definitely what the bastard deserved.

He'd done a detailed scan of the planet to aid Clio's deception. Morbsa would no doubt ask him of his findings. There was a flat area not too far North of here which would make for a good settlement if needed. Morbsa was apparently pleased with him. At this point Soundwave counted Morbsa's stupidity, arrogance and gullibility as his only good points. He had no idea being a bullshit artist, as the humans said, could be so rewarding and fun!

He'd often helped Clio with her studies, when he had the time, which unfortunately wasn't often.

Soundwave had rested the previous day and sat at his desk, hard at work, not even noticing Clio tidying up the room. It was only some time later when he heard a soft rustle and looked up and saw her and had the distinct impression she'd been here for a while. He began to respect her. She seemed to know he liked his solitude, peace and quiet and he intently watched her sorting out some things on the floor and noticed for the first time how lovely she looked, as she calmly, peacefully tidied up his apartment and he smiled for the first time in many months. She seemed contented, actually, even though she understandably resented being a 'slave.' Soundwave permitted himself a small mind scan and was amazed to discover her hidden intelligence, and willingness to work for him. She knew he had a lot to do and was happy to help him out. He smiled again. He was happy to have her here, though not as a slave, but could not let any of the other Decepticons know how he felt about her. Morbsa would definitely take her away or even have her killed. No one was supposed to have any true feelings for their 'slaves. ' Truth be known, some other Decepticons didn't feel comfortable about having slaves and had not had sex with them as Morbsa had expected them to do, but none of them had discovered their 'slaves' inner potential as Soundwave had. He continued to watch her. She stood with a bunch of papers, then uncovered a laser disc and became intrigued with it.

The Princess Bride was across the cover. On it there was a picture of a male and female human, holding hands outside a farm gate, surrounded by grass, and trees in the distance.

Soundwave thought he'd lost that disc. Some human music intrigued him and this had been one of those unique albums. By the look on Clio's face, she'd never heard music and he felt pity for her missing out on one of life's greatest and most necessary pleasures. She placed the laser disk in its cover on top of the player and continued to tidy up the papers. She sorted them, and put them away in order. Soundwave retreated to his quarters.

Clio took the laser disk from atop the player and examined it again. Curious, she opened the case and placed it inside the stereo. She knew how they worked, but had never seen one before, let alone heard what was described as music, although she had longed to. She gasped when it started to play.

Intrigued, Soundwave emerged from his quarters and watched her, not at all angry that she'd used his stereo without asking - he knew she was curious. She sat there mesmerised and Soundwave could hardly blame her. It was a beautiful piece - especially for someone who had never heard music. He had hardly noticed he'd walked toward her, listening to the lovely music. He put his hand on her shoulder. She jerked and gasped at first, but he smiled and she did too. Soundwave knelt down next to her, and took her hand, gently massaging it. She was surprised when her nervousness vanished and she smiled warmly and allowed him to weave his fingers in and out of hers, and then she leant against his wide, strong chest, and he began to stroke her smooth pristine white face. She closed her eyes, and relaxed to the warmth of Soundwave's touch - it was so different to be touched by one you ... Clio blinked. Did she? ... Yes she did. She looked at him. Soundwave rarely felt this way toward another, and the gentle, moving music in the background heightened the moment. She held his warm hand in both of her hands. He was grateful she wasn't nervous anymore. He knew she'd never been with anyone before and was glad she had grown to appreciate his company, and trust him. She weaved her hands in and out of his fingers, looked up at him and smiled. He lowered his mouth plate and gently kissed her, a kiss which Clio whole heartedly returned and he realized he loved her too. She gently kissed his fingers. He smiled and allowed his hands to trace her chest and slender waist. She softly placed her arms around his shoulders, kissed his cheek, then placed her cheek against his. He felt a tear on his shoulder.

"What's the matter?" he asked gently.

She looked at him. "I've never had anyone feel this way about me before ... and I've never had the opportunity to love."

Soundwave smiled. "Although I have, it has been a long time." and he placed his arms around her and held her gently.

"Thank you."

Soundwave had never considered Clio a slave, but now he considered her his equal, but he could never let anyone else know that. Morbsa would have her destroyed for sure - and he wouldn't bee too gentle with Soundwave either. None of the 'slaves' meant a thing to him. As far as Morbsa was concerned they were there to be at everyone's beck and call for the most trivial of errands and of course for pleasures ... Sometimes he'd torture them for his own amusement, even when they hadn't done anything 'wrong.' Soundwave could hardly hide his utter disgust.

Soundwave was determined to get rid of the bastard once and for all, and since there weren't too many reports to do now that he'd done the bulk of the boring things, he could concentrate on finding Megatron and/or a way to repair him - and if neither of those were possible, he'd have to find a way to lead the Decepticons himself, but he'd much rather be by Megatron's side.

Soundwave was unaware he was been monitored closely, by a silhouetted figure whom chose to remain an anonymous entity for now.

Morbsa, however had observed that Soundwave had become a little too fond of his slave girl for his liking and confronted him in the main hall.

"I've noticed you seem to have come rather attached to your little Clio. I don't approve of that. She's just a slave."

Soundwave could tell Morbsa knew nothing of their true feelings for each other.

"My leader," Soundwave wanted to puke, "you misunderstand. I have no feelings toward her. True she is just a slave. However, she is tremendously efficient, quiet and an enormous help. I like her only for her capabilities. If you assign me with another slave, she will have to learn my ways and expectations, whereas Clio is fully versed. I request that you leave her with me. I do not have time to train another slave."

"Oh .. that's all ... I thought you might ... stupid me..."

Soundwave wanted to laugh. Morbsa continued, "how could I have thought anyone could have feelings for a worthless slave - weeeell they're not totally worthless - they're useful."

Soundwave wanted to wring Morbsa's neck, but his face gave away no emotion, although he made a face behind his mouth plate.

Both Soundwave and Clio knew that they could not show any feelings for each other outside the apartment and inside, Soundwave always kept the shutters closed and the place locked.

Little did Soundwave know the silhouetted figure continued to watch him, still choosing to remain anonymous.

And then one day ...

"Yes!!!"

"What is it?" Clio asked, coming into the room.

Soundwave looked at her, though no one else could've told, she knew he was excited.

"I've found a way to get rid of his shields!"

"That's great!" Clio exclaimed.

"I'll have to implement it gradually and prepare to strike at the right moment."

He kissed her happily. Now if only he could find Megatron ...

Morbsa and two of his drone followers burst into Soundwave's apartment, blasting open the door. Startled, Soundwave spun around, grateful he'd logged off his computer and that he and Clio were not in an intimate position.

Morbsa glowered at him.

"I don't know If I'm prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt, Soundwave."

"What is it you're accusing me of this time?" Soundwave had had it up to his visor plate with the bugger.

"I don't like your tone," Morbsa said, his tone dangerously low.

"Please forgive me, but I have done nothing wrong."

"I'm not so sure. Transmissions have been detected coming from this apartment - ones I know I did not authorise."

"All this fuss for that?" Soundwave said, nonchalant. "I have been scanning for Autobot activity, ever since I detected an Autobot ship in this solar system earlier."

"What? I don't believe you."

"Take a look. I documented the incident."

He called up the fake file on his computer, showing the outlines of an Autobot space cruiser on the outskirts of the system.

"Why the hell wasn't I notified?!" Morbsa boomed.

"For the Autobots it was a shot in the dark, so to speak. They have no idea where we are. You seemed preoccupied at the time. I did not wish to trouble you with it."

"Don't patronise me!" Morbsa slapped him.

Clio almost gasped. "Master?"

One of the others pushed her face first into the wall and she fell to the floor. Soundwave wanted to help her, but could do nothing.

"I apologise," he said to Morbsa. "No further Autobot activity has been detected since then, but it does not pay to be cocky."

"All right," Morbsa said, irritated. "You've convinced me... but Soundwave, any further activity is to be reported to me."

"Yes, Sir. I apologise."

"Indeed ... I've got my eye on you."

Soundwave knew this was bound to happen sooner rather than later, although he'd hoped for the latter.

"I promise I will not let you down or deceive you."

Morbsa nodded, but something made him not so sure anymore, although Soundwave seemed so damned convincing.

When they had left, Soundwave activated an opaque force shield over the broken doorway, and accessed the nano-repair cycle. Nanites were very efficient.

"Are you all right?" he asked, helping Clio up.

"Yes .... Ohh ... still hurts..." She held her face.

Soundwave led her to the bathing room where the med kit was kept and applied some Rettub anti bruise cream.

"This should help," he said. "Apply more if you need to."

She smiled. "Thank you."

Soundwave nodded. "I must change computer operating frequencies for obvious reasons. I cannot afford to fail now."

"You won't," Clio assured him.

He smiled at her confidence, but it wasn't over yet.

Soundwave slowly began to implement the program - too rapidly and it may be discovered. He'd reconfigured his computer frequency, to minimise detection. He had a fairly good idea whom he could trust amongst the Decepticons and performed a secret mind scan on each of them, though not to invade upon their privacy - it was imperative that he know exactly who to trust - his mission was far too important to risk betrayal. There could be no second shot at it.

Soundwave gathered the loyal Decepticons, most of the ones whom had followed the Autobots to Earth, and a few of whom he called 'newer' Decepticons whom had been created since. They vowed to support him fully. Soundwave was glad, not only because he needed help to complete his mission, but that they trusted him and had faith in him - and the more the merrier.

Morbsa was busy having his wicked ways with four of his slave girls a once, when he started to feel the oncoming of a headache. He left the girls in bed and walked down to his lounge room, of his enormous eight storey abode and tried to call his guards, but the pain became too great. He collapsed and could barely stand, feeling both frightened and angry at his condition and then his entire body felt unprotected.

Skywarp and Scavenger burst into his lounge room, weapons blazing.

Morbsa's eyes glowered. "You'll both die for this!..." he hissed.

"Shut the fuck up," Skywarp ordered disdainfully, blasting him.

Morbsa was shocked that the blast actually hurt - and he realised with another shock that his shield was no longer operational. He grabbed the gun he had hidden in his leg compartment and blasted at the black, white and purple jet. Scavenger pushed Skywarp out of the way, swerved the blast and shot Morbsa again.

"YOU'LL DIE FOR THIS!!!!!" Morbsa screamed, his face almost bursting with rage.

He stood and rushed at them. Skywarp blasted him three times in his stomach. Morbsa fell to the floor in pain and anger.

"Move and you're dead," Skywarp hissed.

For the first time in his life, Morbsa felt truly afraid and did not like it one bit. He tried to scramble away, and Scavenger blasted him, and held his gun at his 'leader's' head.

"No! Don't shoot!" Morbsa exclaimed, sitting on the floor, staying put.

Skywarp and Scavenger bound him with ultra strength energon chains. Morbsa tried to struggle, feeling more than furious at his position and frightened that he might not get the better of them. "Guards!" he screamed.

"They won't hear you," Skywarp said. "We took care a' them."

Morbsa glowered. "Great. Just great." He scowled like an obnoxious brat who was disallowed an ice cream.

Soundwave stood out in the open beige rocky terrain with Clio.

"Success!"

She could hear the happiness and gratitude in his voice.

"That's great!"

"Morbsa has been taken down and is in custody. His followers have fallen without him to guide them."

There was a blast near Soundwave. Clio drew her gun and shot the drone attacker dead. Soundwave had taught her excellent marksmanship skills.

"Thank you," he said.

"How could I offer less for all you have done for me?"

Clio wasn't thrilled about having to kill, but Soundwave was the most important person to her in the entire Universe.

The silhouetted figure slowly approached Soundwave and Clio. Hearing a noise, the Decepticon tape deck spun around and saw the figure approaching.

"Identify yourself."

"Don't tell me you've forgotten me already..."

Soundwave could hardly believe his audio sensors. "Megatron!?"

He started to walk toward him, when Clio held him back and Soundwave realised he had been foolish - this may be an illusion to trick him. He saw Megatron now, in the sunlight.

"Relax," the other said, as if reading both Soundwave and Clio's minds. "I'm real. I'd been trapped on Earth by that treacherous bastard, Morbsa," he spat out the name as though it was bad energon. "I'd rather kiss Starscream."

Soundwave smiled.

"Where is that jet anyway?"

"He fled."

Megatron couldn't help a smile. "Figures ... I picked up your transmissions, and was determined to break free. I knew you wouldn't give up, and so I couldn't either, you're a true friend, Soundwave."

Morbsa knew nothing of their friendship. Soundwave now knew he was the real Megatron. The two hugged each other.

Clio smiled. Sensing Megatron's curiosity, Soundwave introduced her to him.

"I saw you with him. I've been here for a while now, assisting you, but couldn't show myself in fear of endangering the Decepticons and our Cause."

"Soundwave's told me so much about you," Clio said, with admiration.

"All good I hope."

Clio smiled. "Of course."

"Thanks for taking care of him."

"My pleasure."

Soundwave couldn't help smiling.

But the happy reunion would have to wait. Morbsa had to be secured and executed so he could never come to power and jeopardise the Decepticon Cause again.

Morbsa spat at Soundwave in disgust and anger. However, he missed as Soundwave moved. Megatron brutally backhanded him across his face.

"Worthless coward," he hissed. "How dare you pretend to lead the Decepticons?"

Morbsa smiled. "I did, didn't I?"

"Hah! You call this leading?" He pointed to one of the many liberated slaves, "indulging in luxury and sexual pleasures? You know nothing about true leadership or loyalty. The Decepticon Cause comes before personal indulgence."

Morbsa looked unfazed. Megatron bashed him again, causing a bloodied mouth. Morbsa tried to struggle free, but was held tightly by Long Haul, and Iliona, one of his former 'slave girls,' who enjoyed being able to get some of her own back.

"A true leader cares for his people and his cause," Megatron said. "You care for nothing but yourself, but you already know that, don't you?"

Morbsa said nothing.

Megatron smiled. "Your execution will be held tomorrow morning," Morbsa tried to hide his fear, rather badly while Megatron continued. "You will suffer greatly for your selfish indulgences at the expense of others." He ripped off Morbsa's Decepticon insignia. The condemned gasped as some of his skin was ripped off with it. "You have no right to wear this symbol," Megatron spat in disgust. "You can and will no doubt beg for your worthless life at your impending execution, not that it'll do you any good, but will provide for some amusement."

"Go to silicon hell..." Morbsa rasped.

"I have no doubt you will." Megatron bashed him again. "Take this filthy traitor and lock him up. He's to be given nothing."

Morbsa was taken, kicking and screaming to unpleasant prison cells he had made for those who disobeyed him. Soundwave accompanied them. Long Haul and Iliona threw him in the smallest, dingiest, mustiest and most uncomfortable, most unpleasant of the unpleasant cells they could find.

"You know I'll win," he said, confident.

"Like as if..." Long Haul scoffed.

Morbsa grabbed Iliona's arm. "Let me go, gorgeous, and I'll spare your life. I'll even make you the head of my future consorts ..."

"An exalted sex salve ... Hmmmm ... Ohhh ... Sounds wonderful - just what I've always wanted, Master - NOT! - "And she stabbed her dagger into his interface unit.

Morbsa screamed in pain and clutched it.

"You're already dead, bitch!" he screamed.

"Correction, Morby you are ... Of course myself and my sisters'd love to do it, but we wouldn't miss the execution for the Universe - you can provide the entertainment for once ..." and she laughed.

"In your dreams slave!"

Iliona spat in his face. Morbsa wiped it off and smiled.

Iliona then stabbed her dagger into his chest. "That's for my sister, Lonea - who you killed just because she was too nervous to have sex with you!" Iliona's eyes filled with tears.

"Aww..." Morbsa said. "Do ya need a hug?"

Iliona screamed and lunged at him, against the bars, but he stepped back and she plunged the dagger into thin air. Morbsa laughed. "Well ... soon you'll join her .. howsat, wench?"

She stuck her middle finger up at him, her eyes full of hate.

Soundwave put his hands on Iliona's shoulders, calming her down.

Morbsa smiled. "Ohhhh, Soundwave ... You're awfully good, you know that, don't you? ..."

"It pays when one is dealing with a gullible fool."

Morbsa glowered. "But now I know .... You won't lie to me again."

"Correct."

"Oh, so you too think you've won?"

Soundwave could see no point in denying the obvious. "Yes."

Morbsa smiled. "The next time we meet, I'll kill you - and Megatron - and your executions will be fun ... Ohhh, yes! I can hear you both screaming right now ..."

Soundwave refused to take the bait and looked at him disdainfully. "Is that remark supposed to anger or frighten me?"

Morbsa said nothing, himself angry that Soundwave had not fallen for it. Soundwave grabbed his shoulder, though not from rage and held it so tightly, his fingers crushed the metal. Morbsa winced as Soundwave spoke. "You will trouble no one again," he said with conviction, pushing the red and yellow Decepticon onto the dirty, wet floor.

The three left Morbsa, unaware that he'd prepared for every eventuality. He waited until they had gone, accessed the secret compartment he'd built into every one of his prison cells - just in case and giggled at his marvellous ingenuity.

"Execution my ass..."

At the end of the secret passageway, Morbsa met the only two survivors of his loyal followers. They were merely programmed to be loyal to him, but at least it was something. He knew there was nothing he could do to regain power here. His shield mechanism had been totally destroyed and the Decepticons as well as now ex-slaves all wanted his blood. He walked with his followers to his secret starship and began to board. It was starting to get light - he'd have to hurry. Morbsa cursed the Universe for this, in his opinion, unfavourable turn of events, however he was confident he'd emerge victorious in the end.

Morbsa boarded his starship, the Universal Master and fired it up for take off. He smiled as everything went according to plan. He realised he may be able to kill a few Decepticons and ex-slaves from the sky, but since there were so many of them eventually they'd shoot him down - no his revenge would have to wait for now - and he planned to make it big, hard, and very painful. Angry, but also almost drooling at the thought of his ultimate revenge, Morbsa fired up the rockets.

The Decepticons and liberated slaves stood outside, preparing for the execution. Suddenly a starship tore through the sky, on its way through the atmosphere.

"It's Morbsa!" Megatron yelled, furiously, blasting up at the ship. His blasts bounced off the shields. "Decepticons, after-"

Soundwave held up a hand. "No," he said. "They will be injured."

"Soundwave, what the hell's gotten in to you? We can't let him roam free!"

Soundwave nodded. "Of course not, but we cannot send anyone after him. Trust me."

Confused, Megatron looked at him, then at Morbsa's ship to see it erupt in a violent ball of flame.

Megatron smiled and many cheers followed.

"Soundwave, you're a genius. You thought of everything. How'd-"

"I discovered the ship some time ago and knew he'd use it sooner or later, and planted a microscopic concealed bomb, to be activated after take off. My only regret is he did not suffer for what he has done."

"Well .. at least he can't do it again - and it was that or watching out for him to return and quite frankly I'm for the former."

"As am I."

"Count me in," Clio came to them.

Killing wasn't her scene, but Morbsa had definitely been an exception.

Many of Clio's people chosen to remain amongst the Decepticons, however a lot of them had chosen to stay here and make lives for themselves, and many had chosen to explore the galaxy. Clio was one of them.

"It pains me to leave you, Soundwave, but there is so much I want ... need to learn. To explore and learn has been by greatest ambition and now-"

"You do not have to explain yourself to me," Soundwave said, gently. "I understand," although he would dearly miss her.

"I feel ungrateful ... for all you have done for me and -"

"Please do not feel that way. You have shown me a lot as well. I shall miss your company."

"As I shall miss yours."

They drew together and kissed.

"I promise I shall return from time to time and show you what I have learned," Clio said.

Soundwave smiled. "I shall look forward to that."

A tear rolled down Clio's cheek. Soundwave wiped it away.

"I do not in any way feel cheated by your decision. No one should be denied knowledge - it is what makes us who we are. Let us not make this a definite goodbye, but a prolonged farewell."

Clio nodded, smiled and hugged him. "I'll never forget what you have done for me, Soundwave."

"Nor I for your gifts."

Clio turned away to board the explorer ship - one of the two which had brought the Decepticons to this planet when they first arrived. She took one last look at Soundwave before the hatch closed.

Megatron came to him. "It's always hard to leave a loved one."

Soundwave nodded. "Her path is her own to choose and she has chosen a noble one."

Megatron smiled. "Come on, friend," he said. "We must return to Earth and pick up where that fool left off, and ... what the hell .... call Starscream back."

"He will be relieved."

"Will he?"

"He told me he'd find you and repair you himself if you'd get rid of Morbsa."

"He said that?!"

Soundwave nodded.

Megatron looked surprised. "I bet Optimus Prime'll be glad to see us all again..."

Soundwave smiled. "No doubt."

The Decepticons, both old and new boarded the second starship.

Soundwave, aboard the starship, stared out into the beautiful never ending starlit Cosmos and wondered about Clio. She would always be extremely special to him, and even though he wondered how long it would be before her return, he also wondered more selflessly about her quest and how far it would take her. He knew it would lead her to new places, discoveries and hopefully fill her with knowledge and more inner beauty which she desired most. He smiled, knowing she would find her way and her place amongst the stars, as he had amongst the Decepticons.

 

*

 

Back to Decepticon Page

 

Back to Transformers Page