Disclaimers: Transformers are owned by Hasbro.

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic/fanart.

Summary: Nova's profile and story.

Author's Note: Nova created by Seawave

Rating - PG

~~~~~~

NOVA

ALLEGIANCE: DECEPTICON

FUNCTION:  SCIENTIST

"Do what you feel is right."

Profile: Nova prefers to do things his way. He believes his way is the best way, but learns from his mistakes. He's unlike most Decepticons. Nova is not quite sure what he wants out of life. He knows he's a Decepticon and Decepticons want to eliminate all the Autobots and conquest of the Universe. He hates killing as he believes it's wrong, but keeps that to himself. He's not very emotional. He approaches all situations logically and is quite fond of Shockwave. Nova despises anyone who doesn't respect logic. He admires the Autobot Prowl, as Prowl also believes in logic strongly, but Nova keeps this to himself. He also cares about Earth-life, and also keeps that secretive. Nova does what he is told and is loyal. He is sometimes teased by the other Decepticons because he's different. He's sensitive to teasing and doesn't take kindly to it either and being large and quite strong, few take the chance. He believes in fair play and doesn't like cruelty, not even to his enemies. He always keeps his inside feelings to himself. His body can't take in energon and has to eat metal. He likes to go to car-wreck places and eat wrecked vehicles. In the end, he left the war to contemplate his feelings, and the ways and meaning of life.

Abilities: Nova is extremely strong in robot mode. In space cruiser mode, his maximum speed is WARP 9.99 almost 10,000 times the speed of light, making him the fastest Transformer. Range - countless. He is armed with a phaser ray. In robot mode, Nova carries a powerful gyrojet blaster.

Weaknesses: Nova, although a Decepticon, doesn't like to see any living thing in pain. He hates pain in any form. Nova, although not very emotional, sometimes will have emotional breakdowns. He's also very careful to keep his admiration for Prowl a secret from other Decepticons.

-- TECH SPECS --

STRENGTH  -- 10 INTELLIGENCE -- 9

SPEED -- 10 RANK -- 8

ENDURANCE -- 9 COURAGE -- 9

FIREPOWER -- 8 SKILL -- 9

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

NOVA

 

Nova was a Decepticon scientist, who had come to Earth from Cybertron. He was not quite sure what he wanted out of life. Some of the other Decepticons were hassling him about a failed plan.

"Hey, Nova, your 'plan' was real good ..." teased Vortex.

"Yeah" added Brawl. "The Dinobots could've come up with a better one!"

Nova felt angry at the sarcastic insults, but chose to ignore them.

"Just leave the planning up to the others," said Vortex in an insulting tone. "And when you do the planning, maybe you can give Sludge a call. He might be able to help you out."

Nova couldn't take it anymore. He spun around, grabbed Vortex's throat with one hand and started to strangle him. He was much larger then Vortex. Vortex started coughing and tried to free himself. Nova tightened his grip.

"Please ..." gasped Vortex. "Let go please... I didn't mean it..."

Nova continued to tighten his grip.

"Please ... " gasped Vortex desperately. "I was only teasin'..."

"Well, don't." Nova's voice was harsh.

Although a Decepticon, Nova was against killing. He let Vortex go abruptly. Vortex dropped onto the floor and put his hand over his painful throat, grateful Nova had released him and vowed never to tease him again. The Decepticons that were with Vortex made a similar vow.

Nova walked to the main control room. Megatron, the Decepticon leader stood there.

"Your plan failed" he said angrily, "but since you're new here and obviously not quite sure of our enemies potential, I am going to give you another chance. Do not fail me again."

"I will not, Megatron."

Nova walked away, hoping to be accepted by the other Decepticons in future.

Nova went to Shockwave, who had been stationed here from Cybertron.

"Do not worry" Shockwave said. "We all make mistakes."

"I know" said Nova, "but the others don't understand. They ... they insulted me ..."

"Pay no attention to them" advised Shockwave. "They only do that to annoy you."

"That they did. I tried to ignore them, but I lost control."

"You will learn control in time."

Nova liked Shockwave. He seemed so calm and understanding. He felt Shockwave understood him more than anyone else. He respected and cared about the other, but didn't want anyone to know.

* * *

A few days later, Nova had devised another attack plan.

"Is it gonna be as good as the first? ..." teased Astrotrain.

"The first time," Nova said, angrily, "I was not aware of the enemy's potential. I am fully aware of that now. Here is the plan..."

Nova briefed his Decepticon comrades on his new plan.

"It sounds good, but it better work," threatened Megatron.

Nova paid no attention to the threat, but silently hoped his plan did work.

The Decepticons attacked the Autobots the following day.

Nova's plan was a total success and the Decepticons won the battle. Nova was glad his plan succeeded. The others wouldn't insult him now, but Nova hated fighting and violence. Inside, wasn't sure if he was glad his plan worked after all.

Nova saw an Autobot was severely wounded in the battle. He looked at him, lying on the ground, bleeding, screaming and crying with pain. Nova couldn't help feeling sorry for the Autobot. He wanted to help, but couldn't let anyone to see him. From behind the large rock where Nova was hiding, he saw another Autobot rush to the wounded one, gently pick him up and carry him to Autobot headquarters.

Hope he's going to be okay ... he thought It was because of my plan that he was hurt ... Because of me... It's my fault. I don't want to devise any more plans ... Not if anyone is going to be hurt like that. I know the Autobots are our enemies, but I can't let anyone suffer like that.

Nova returned to Decepticon headquarters.

"A brilliant plan, Nova," congratulated Megatron.

"My plan was not perfect though, Megatron."

"What do you mean?"

"You should use someone with more experience than I have. I still am not quite sure of the Autobot's potential."

Megatron agreed with him.

Nova walked to Shockwave's quarters. "What's the matter, Nova?" Shockwave asked, sensing something was wrong.

Nova wanted to tell Shockwave about what happened in the battle, but kept silent.

"Nothing's wrong" he lied.

Nova looked up. "Who ... who was that Autobot that was awfully wounded in the battle?"

"That was Prowl," replied Shockwave. "The unexpected surprises him. He was caught unaware." Shockwave paused for a moment. "If I had to choose which Autobot I liked best, It would be Prowl. His acts are logical and believes that logic is the ultimate weapon. He respects logic. That is why I respect him, but he is my enemy."

"That doesn't matter, does it?" Nova asked.

"I don't suppose it really does," replied Shockwave. "I hate him because he's my enemy, but I respect his logical beliefs."

* * *

Nova saw Prowl in many other battles, grateful he was okay. He once had a chance to shoot him. Nova would have a clean shot at Prowl's head. The shot would be fatal, but Nova chose not to kill him.

Nova was shot in his back by an Autobot.

When he regained consciousness, Nova was lying on a metal bed in Shockwave's quarters.

"What happened?!" he exclaimed.

"Rest yourself" calmed Shockwave. "That was a powerful blast you sustained."

"What? ... Who ... who shot me? ..."

"I do not know. I only saw you fall, so I brought you back here."

"Thank you."

"It's all right."

Shockwave continued with his work. Nova began to help him.

Later, Nova was in energon room, feeling quite hungry. There was only one energon cube left. Nova was about to drink it. Breakdown, another Decepticon burst into the room. Nova saw the terrified look in Breakdown's eyes.

"What's the matter?"

"Blacklight's bashing me up ..." gasped Breakdown. "...And I'm low on energy ..."

"Have this" Nova said, handing Breakdown the energon cube.

"Thank you, but aren't you hungry?"

"You need it more than I do."

Breakdown thanked him again and drank the cube, respecting Nova's concern. Blacklight then burst into the energon room.

"There you are, you little wimp ..."

"No ... please don't hurt me..." begged Breakdown, hiding behind Nova.

Blacklight came towards Breakdown. Nova grabbed Blacklight around his throat. Blacklight tried to use his martial art skills. He couldn't. He swore angrily at Nova. Nova tightened his grip.

"Leave Breakdown alone," he ordered, harshly.

Blacklight kept on swearing and cursing. Nova tightened his grip a little.

"You just don't know when to stop, do you? If you don't leave him alone" assured Nova firmly, "then I won't leave you alone."

Nova tightened his grip again.

"All right ... you win" scowled Blacklight in a gasp. "I leave him - You leave me."

Nova dropped Blacklight.

"And don't let me catch you hassling Breakdown ever again."

Blacklight left, scowling. Nova looked at Breakdown.

"Thank you ... " breathed a relieved Breakdown.

"It's all right. You can come to me whenever Blacklight hurts or hassles you. I'll handle him."

"Thanks" appreciated Breakdown, feeling grateful, that at last he had someone to turn to.

 

"Nova," Megatron said, "I want you to capture an Autobot called Mindwave. He's the-"

"I know who he is. He's the black and purple Autobot who loves animals."

"Yes. That's him. capture him and bring him to me."

Nova flew to Autobot headquarters. He saw Mindwave outside, playing with some furry animals. Nova flew down. Mindwave looked up and gasped. Nova saw he was frightened and didn't want to hurt him. Mindwave used his telepathic powers to communicate with the animals, to make them run away so they would be out of danger. Mindwave stood up.

"Don't hurt the animals ... please" was the first thing he said, concerned more for their safety than for his.

"I'm not going to hurt them, Mindwave," assured Nova.

Mindwave believed him and was relieved. Nova came towards Mindwave and grabbed his arm. Mindwave gasped and tried to jerk free. Nova covered Mindwave's mouth so no one could hear him. Nova flew back to Decepticon headquarters. Mindwave tried to struggle free.

"Excellent, Nova."

Nova let Mindwave's arm go. Mindwave tried to run away.

"Nova!" exclaimed Megatron, "grab him!"

Nova didn't take much effort to grab Mindwave. Mindwave tried to jerk free and jump away, but that only hurt him. Mindwave stopped. He was extremely frightened. Nova could feel him shivering. He didn't want to frighten Mindwave, but couldn't comfort him while Megatron was watching.

"Take him away ..." said Megatron, "to a prison cell and blast him."

Mindwave jerked. Mindwave to a prison cell. Nova pointed his powerful gyrojet blaster at him. He could see in Mindwave's optical sensors how frightened he was. Nova set his weapon on stun and blasted Mindwave.

"He should wake soon," said Nova quietly to himself.

Psycho-Phaser came to Nova.

"What did you do to him?" he asked.

"I only stunned him" replied Nova. "Megatron wanted me to shoot him."

"He's my brother," Psycho-Phaser said, Nova was one of the few Decepticons he trusted.

"Oh" said Nova, surprised.

"Nova," said Psycho-Phaser quietly, "can you help me help him escape?"

"But ..."

"Please, Nova ... The other Decepticons'll kill him... Although I'm a Decepticon and Mindwave is an Autobot, he is my brother and I care about him. He needs our help. "

"All right" agreed Nova, "but what should we tell Megatron?"

"If he asks - you don't know what happened."

"But that's lying ... I can't ..."

"Would you rather be dead?"

Nova agreed, wishing he didn't have to lie. He hated lying, but it was to save someone's life, and that Nova thought was important. Nova carried Mindwave outside. Mindwave regained consciousness and was very frightened and frantically tried to struggle free. Psycho-Phaser calmed him.

"It's all right, Mindy," he said softly. "We're helping you to escape."

Mindwave calmed. "Thank you," he whispered.

"It's all right" said Nova quietly. "Just don't tell anyone that we helped you."

"All right" Mindwave promised.

Nova flew Mindwave to Autobot headquarters and then flew home. His maximum speed being Warp 9.99999 almost ten thousand times the speed of light, he was home in a few minutes. He normally would reach Decepticon headquarters in less than a second, traveling at Warp speed or even at the speed of light, but he travelled slower, to enjoy the Earth's scenery.

Nova loved Earth. He wondered why the Decepticons wanted to conquer it. He thought Earth was a beautiful planet.

How could anyone want to attack and destroy something so beautiful? ... he thought sadly.

"Do you think he'll tell anyone, Psycho-Phaser?" asked Nova when he returned.

"Who, Mindy? Nah. He never lies."

"Are you sure he won't tell anyone?" asked Nova uneasily.

"Sure I'm sure" replied Psycho-Phaser. "He's my brother."

That was good enough for Nova. He calmed down. Nova liked Psycho-Phaser, because he never teased him and accepted Nova as he was. Nova wished all the other Decepticons were like Psycho-Phaser, Breakdown and Shockwave.

Somehow, a bird had gotten into Decepticon headquarters, possibly through the opening when some Decepticons had returned to the headquarters. Megatron had ordered it killed.

"I can't wait to squash it!" yelled Brawl loudly.

Nova although, not exactly sure what a 'bird' was, was sure he didn't want to kill it.

"What is a bird?" He asked Shockwave.

"A small Earth creature capable of flight. It's structure is similar to Laserbeak and Buzzsaw."

"Oh."

The bird was flying around Decepticon headquarters, utterly petrified, searching for a way to escape. Nova saw the it and caught it in his hand. He looked at it and could feel the bird shivering. It tried to peck Nova's hand.

It's so frightened ... Orders are to kill it ... I hate disobeying orders ... But I can't destroy something as helpless as this tiny creature ... I'm sorry, Megatron ... but I can't ...

Nova closed his hand gently on the bird, so no one would see it. He took it outside Decepticon headquarters and set it free. He watched the bird fly off into the distance, to safety. Nova felt glad about what he had done. He then went back to Shockwave's quarters. Shockwave was working on an energy efficiency plan. Nova began to help him.

"Thank you, Nova. You're unlike the other Decepticons. They wouldn't care to help me."

"I enjoy working with you, Shockwave."

Shockwave felt glad that someone understood and appreciated him. Together, Nova and Shockwave came up with a brilliant means to conserve more energy and use it more efficiently. It was put into operation. It worked as planned, but the other Decepticons seemed to take it for granted. This upset both Nova and Shockwave. They wished the other Decepticons knew how much time and effort they had put into the it.

Psycho-Phaser and Breakdown came to Shockwave and Nova.

"And we've come to thank you both for your energy efficient conservation" Breakdown said.

"Yesh, it's a great ... plan. I think I've had a bit too much..."

Nova and Shockwave smiled and felt glad someone cared.

"It's quite all right" Nova said. "Thank you. All the others seem to take it for granted."

"Nah, they appreciate it, " said Psycho-Phaser, "but I don't suppose they've thought of thanking you. Most Decepticons are like that."

* * *

The Autobots were talking about Nova, the new Decepticon scientist.

"He's so huge," said Cliffjumper, "bigger than Skyfire!"

"Indeed" said Optimus Prime. "He may be a serious threat to the Autobots."

"From what I've seen of him, he doesn't look it" said Prowl. "He doesn't look aggressive, evil, or-"

"Looks can be deceiving, Prowl," said Optimus Prime thoughtfully. "We must capture him to find out just how much of a threat he poses to us."

"But how?" asked Hot Rod. "He's so big!"

Optimus walked outside.

"Metroplex," he said smiling, "I've got a job for you..."

* * *

When Nova regained consciousness, he found he was strapped to a chair with energon bands. He was surprised and took a few moments to become accustomed to his surroundings and knew in an instant he knew he had been taken captive by the Autobots.

A few moments later, an Autobot, Cliffjumper, asked, "why aren't you trying to struggle free?"

"And what good would it do? These energon bands cannot be broken, except by the larger Transformers, such as Metroplex, Devastator, Defensor, Menasor or-"

"All right ... all right ... I get your point ... " snapped Cliffjumper, leaving.

Optimus Prime interrogated Nova. Nova answered all his questions truthfully. Optimus was surprised at this.

"If you don't mind me asking" said Optimus Prime, "most Decepticons that we capture are usually nervous and lie through their afterburners. Why-"

"It is logical to feel frightened in a situation such as this, but it is illogical to panic. Panicking only makes the situation worse and it wastes energy."

"Affirmative" said Optimus. "Not many understand that."

"And to tell you the truth, I hate lying."

This surprised and puzzled Optimus a lot. While Optimus was interrogating Nova, Cliffjumper came into the room to look for something. There was a sudden electrical failure. One of the large computers blew a short circuit. The blast shorted out the lights in the room and freed Nova. When the shock died down, the lights came back on, and Nova saw Optimus Prime was unconscious and Cliffjumper was trapped under some kind of a machine on the floor. Nova picked up his powerful gyrojet blaster. He could easily kill Cliffjumper with one shot to his head. Nova could see Cliffjumper was frightened. He blasted the machine off him, freeing him.

"You ... you could've killed me ..." gasped Cliffjumper. "Why... why didn't you? ..."

"Even though I am a Decepiticon, I don't believe in killing " said Nova, lowering his blaster. "It's wrong."

Optimus was regaining consciousness. Nova helped him up and Cliffjumper told him what had happened.

"Thank you, Nova, but this is extremely unusual behaviour for a Decepticon."

"I am not like the other Decepticons, Optimus Prime."

"I can see that. It's both very surprising and pleasing."

Nova smiled.

"You can go," said Optimus.

"You care a lot about your friends, Optimus Prime," said Nova. "I respect that in anyone. I'm not a threat to the Autobots. I hate fighting, cruelty ... killing ... all those sorts of things."

"Then why are you with the Decepticons?"

"I ... I don't know."

Optimus watched Nova fly back on a course to Decepticon headquarters.

As Nova was flying back, he remembered he saw Prowl at Autobot headquarters. This was the first time he had a good look at him and really wanted to know more about him.

* * *

Nova arrived back at Decepticon headquarters.

"Nova, what happened?! " exclaimed Megatron. "What did Metroplex ..."

"Metroplex took me to Autobot headquarters for interrogation. I did not reveal any plans or secrets.

"Good. By the way, Nova, that energy efficiency plan that you and Shockwave devised is excellent. Good work. "

"Thank you, Megatron."

"Did the Autobots hurt you?" Shockwave inquired.

"No" Nova replied, detecting concern in Shockwave's otherwise dispassionate voice.

He felt glad that Shockwave cared for him.

* * *

A few days later, Shockwave said to Nova, "I'm going to capture Prowl."

Nova jerked. "Prowl? Why do you want to capture him?"

Nova felt something inside him which he couldn't explain,

"I want to examine his logic centre," Shockwave replied.

* * *

When Prowl regained consciousness he tried to struggle free, but knew it was no use. The bands were too strong for him.

"Remove his logic centre" Shockwave said to Nova. "I want to examine it."

Prowl frantically tried to struggle free.

"You look worried, Prowl," Shockwave said. "I'm not going to damage your logic centre. We are alike in logical ways. I care about my logic centre as much as you care about yours. I understand and respect that. I need to examine it."

Prowl calmed but said nothing and still felt frightened.

"Nova," ordered Shockwave, "remove Prowl's logic centre."

"Affirmative," said Nova, "but first I have to get some..."

"Some what?"

"Some unconscious serum. You don't want to hurt Prowl, do you?"

"Nova, It's only going to be a short operation. I don't..."

Before Shockwave could finish, Nova walked out of his quarters to get the unconscious serum, feeling angry with Shockwave. Nova returned soon with the serum.

"Quickly, Nova," snapped Shockwave. "I don't want to waste any more time."

Nova walked to Prowl with the unconscious serum. Shockwave gave Nova the cybertronic tools to remove Prowl's logic centre.

"Please don't hurt me ..."

Nova listened to Prowl's voice. It seemed so gentle and frightened.

"I promise we won't hurt you, Prowl," promised Nova gently. "Drink this and you won't feel any pain."

Prowl trusted Nova. He took the small metal cup from him and slowly swallowed the serum, then fell unconscious.

"Begin the operation," ordered Shockwave.

Nova performed the extremely delicate operation on Prowl's brain to remove his logic centre. It didn't take long to perform, but it took a lot of awareness, intelligence and thinking. Nova carefully gave Prowl's logic centre to Shockwave. Shockwave took the small box like logic centre from Nova. He then performed the extremely delicate operation on it. He wanted to know exactly how Prowl believed in logic and other things Prowl thought about logic. Shockwave discovered Prowl respected and cared about logic as much as he did and tried to find logical explanations for everything. Prowl also believed logic should be used for good not evil, peace not war. Shockwave believed logic could be used for anything if it was used correctly. Prowl hated anything illogical. In that way, he was much like Shockwave and Nova.

Nova respected Prowl a lot. He too believed logic should be used for peace, not war.

Shockwave completed his delicate operation on Prowl's logic centre, installed it back in Prowl's brain and repaired his head.

"What are you going to do with him?" Nova asked.

"He is the Decepticons' prisoner. I have no further use for him."

"But, Shockwave, you obtained what you wanted from him ... Let him go ..."

"You have an affection for him" noted Shockwave.

Nova felt a little frightened.

"I sensed you had an affection for him, before the operation, when you went to get the unconscious serum and the way you looked at him and spoke to him. In a way, I have certain respect for him. It goes against my better judgement, but I will not mention this to anyone."

"Thank you, Shockwave" said Nova gratefully.

Nova wanted to return the now conscious Prowl to Autobot headquarters, but before he could, Blacklight and four other Decepticons took Nova and Prowl into a room. They tied Prowl to a metal bed with energon chains. Prowl wasn't sure wether to trust Nova anymore. Prowl tried to struggle free.

"What are you going to do to me?" asked Prowl worried, not sure he wanted an answer.

"Nothing much," replied Blacklight with an evil look in his optical sensors.

Blacklight ignited a laser sword.

"NO!! DON'T!!" screamed Prowl, terrified.

Nova wanted to stop Blacklight, but how? ... If any other Decepticons, except Shockwave knew about his affection for Prowl, both Nova and Prowl would be destroyed - painfully.

There's got to be another way, thought Nova, hoping.

Blacklight sliced the laser sword into Prowl. Prowl screamed in pain. Nova closed his eyes. "How could anyone do that?" he thought, shocked, to himself.

Prowl was screaming in pain. He closed his eyes to try to bear it. He couldn't stop screaming as Blacklight sliced the sword into him again, down his body. Tears poured out of Prowl's eyes. His blood was everywhere. The pain was hurting Nova almost as much as it was hurting Prowl, but he couldn't show it.

" PLEASE... STOP!!! " screamed Prowl.

"Why?" asked Blacklight ironically, "Is it too much for ya?"

Blacklight reached inside Prowl and pulled out some of his internal organs. Prowl screamed in pain. He couldn't bear it. Nova couldn't bear to watch. He hated blood and guts. More tears poured out of Prowl's eyes. He wished the terrible pain would stop.

"Ohh ... not I know how Monitor and Mindwave felt when this happened to them ... Ohh ... How could anyone be so cruel? I don't understand ... We Autobots would never do this to any Decepticon ...

Prowl closed his eyes and tried not to think about the pain. Nova wanted more than anything to help him. He was absolutely shocked at what Blacklight was doing and the other four Decepticons were just standing there, watching him, cruelly hurting Prowl, and enjoying it.

"I'll finish the job," Nova said.

"I'm doin' it," snapped Blacklight.

"I said I'd finish it," repeated Nova forcefully, menacingly.

"And I said I'm doin' it," snapped Blacklight.

Without saying a word, Nova blasted Blacklight three times. He was then insulted by one of the other Decepticons. Nova spun around and shot him twice. The other two Decepticons started to leave.

"Hold it," ordered Nova firmly.

They turned around. Nova saw they looked a little frightened.

"Take these two out and repair them. Do not tell anyone about what happened in here? Do I make myself perfectly clear?"

"Uh ... Y ... yes, Nova ..."

"And one more thing, inform them not to tell anyone anything when they regain consciousness. I will have no mercy for any disobedience."

The Decepticons nodded nervously, carrying Blacklight and the other Decepticon out.

In unbearable pain and extremely weak, Prowl looked up at Nova. Tears poured from of his optical sensors.

"You ... you promised you wouldn't hurt me ... "

"I'm not going to," Nova said, closing the laser sword.

Nova freed Prowl from the energon bands. Prowl could barely talk or move. Nova gently put his hands over Prowl's split torso. His two hands covered Prowl's entire torso. Prowl was in extreme pain. Nova injected some unconscious serum into Prowl as he was too weak to swallow it.

"Thank the Matrix he's not feeling any more pain..."

Nova couldn't stand the sight of Prowl's blood and innards everywhere, but he was Prowl's only hope. He had to repair him.

"I don't care how long this takes me," said Nova, locking the door. "I've got to save him."

Nova finally finished repairing the Autobot. He had to replace a few of his organs. Nova cleaned up Prowl's blood, off his hands, Prowl, the bed and floor. Prowl slowly sat up, still feeling a little weak.

"Thank you... Nova."

Nova smiled. "It's fine, Prowl. I couldn't stand to see you in all that pain. I hate those Decepticons for that. I can't understand how they could do it to anyone, even an enemy."

"Nether can I."

"Are you still feeling any pain?"

"Negative, Nova, thanks to you. I still feel a little weak though, but the worst is over. Thank you."

"It's all right, Prowl. I couldn't let anyone suffer like that... uh ... Prowl ... there's something I have to confess to you ... In one battle. I devised an attack plan ... You were really hurt in that battle ..."

"I remember that ..."

"I'm sorry. It was my fault that happened."

"It's all right, Nova," forgave Prowl. " You didn't mean it."

"Thanks."

Nova secretly took Prowl out of Decepticon headquarters. Prowl climbed into Nova's cockpit.

Whilst they were flying, Nova and Prowl began to talk about past experiences. They found each other's tales most interesting.

"Thank you, Prowl. I found that very inspiring."

Prowl smiled. "You did? Thanks. Maybe I should write an autobiography!"

"Maybe you should."

"You better not tell all the Autobots that I helped you to escape, incase..."

"The Decepticons find out," Prowl completed. "That's only logical."

Nova smiled.

Prowl only told Optimus Prime about what had happened. The Autobot Leader was surprised, but grateful to Nova.

* * *

Nova arrived back at Decepticon headquarters in a few seconds. and walked into the main control room.

"Nova," said Megatron, "I have a perfect plan to destroy Optimus Prime.

* * *

A few days later, at Autobot headquarters, Optimus received a distress signal.

"That Human is in danger ..." he said to himself. "If I do not save him, he'll die for sure ... But it might be a trap. I might be playing right into the Decepticons hands ... I don't care ... An innocent Human's life is at stake. Even if it is a trap, I must risk it to save him. It's his only hope."

Optimus took a jet pack and flew to the Sahara desert. At the Sahara's boarder, the jet pack malfunctioned Optimus fell out of the sky, hitting the hard, sandy ground. Optimus was hurt, but was too worried about the Human to worry about his pain. Secretly, Nova in the sky, hoped he wasn't hurt too badly, and he hoped Optimus found the Human in time.

"I have to find him ..." said Optimus Prime, worried. "He'll die in this heat. "I hope he has enough food and water to survive until I get him to safety."

Optimus fought his way through a harsh sandstorm.

The human, Mick, somewhere else in the Sahara was confused.

"Why'd that big Megatron bloke bring me here?"

Mick was nervous, but tried not to admit it to himself.

"At least he gave me some tucker, but what when this runs out?"

Optimus, after the sandstorm had passed, activated his scanners to find the Human. He walked in the direction the scanner was indicating, hoping to find him - alive.

Mick was running out of food and water and had to use it sparingly.

"Ahh ... I hope I get outta here soon ... " he panted, stopping for a rest. He couldn't stand the heat.

Optimus Prime could stand the heat, but it wasn't pleasant.

"I hope I find him in time ..." he said to himself.

And carried on walking. Optimus prayed to Primus and the Creation Matrix that the Human was still alive. His scanners told him that he was getting closer.

Mick was sweating, getting hotter and hotter.

Optimus was feeling hot, but it wasn't dangerous for him, as it was for Mick.

Mick had run out of food and water.

Optimus finally caught up to the almost dead Human.

"Thank the Matrix you're all right ..." he breathed, relieved.

Optimus gently picked up Mick in his two hands.

"Huh?? Matrix? What???"

"I came to save you. I'll take you back to Autobot headquarters and you can have something to eat and drink there. I hope you'll be able to survive until we get there, but at least you won't be as tired or hot inside me."

"Thanks, mate ... Inside you, but? ..."

Optimus Prime transformed into his truck mode and put Mick inside his truck cab. His air conditioning wasn't working, but inside him, felt like he was air conditioned compared to the blazing hot desert.

"Thanks, Mate."

Optimus smiled, happy to help him.

He felt cool inside Optimus, and thankful that he could lie down on Optimus's soft seats. In no time, he was asleep.

"Poor thing must've been so tired and frightened ... "

Optimus drove out of the Sahara desert, then transformed into his robot mode.

Nova radioed the information to Decepticon headquarters, secretly glad Mick was going to be all right.

"Good work, Nova" said Megatron. "Now - attack them while Prime is vulnerable ... Destroy them, Nova."

I can't ... I can't destroy a helpless human ... and I can't kill Optimus Prime ... Killing is wrong. No. I'm not going to do it, but ...

Megatron radioed Nova again. "Well? ... What are you waiting for? Destroy them!!"

Nova fired several phaser blasts near Optimus and Mick, purposely missing. Optimus quickly fired up at Nova. Nova transformed into his robot mode and hit the ground painfully. Optimus pointed his laser rifle at Nova at close range.

"You promised you wouldn't harm any Autobots" said Optimus angrily. "How could you harm an innocent Human?"

Optimus felt, angry, shocked and upset at the same time.

"Megatron ordered me to ..." began Nova. "I didn't want to. I missed on purpose, so Megatron would think I'm really attacking."

Optimus calmed, lowering his laser rifle. He trusted Nova again.

"I'm sorry" he confessed.

"No need to apologize, Prime."

Optimus helped Nova up. Nova looked at Mick.

"I'm sorry if I frightened you. I wasn't going to hurt you."

"Scared the livin' daylights outta me to be exact, but, nah worries, Mate."

Nova smiled.

"Listen, Prime," Nova said. "You're low on energy. I'll fly you both back to Autobot headquarters."

"But how can ..."

"You can both fit in my cockpit." Nova resumed space cruiser mode. Optimus gently picked up Mick and climbed inside.

"Thank you, Nova" said Optimus Prime gratefully. "I don't know what I would've done without you. I'm losing my energy."

"No need to worry abut that, Prime. I'll get you there, but I haven't re-energised since I left. I'll have to take it slowly."

"All right, Nova, but make sure you reach Autobot headquarters in time. The human needs a drink."

"Will do, Prime."

Optimus was getting tired and closed his eyes. Mick woke up and saw Optimus, asleep.

"I hate to admit it, but I owe him my life ... If it wasn't for him, I'd be dead."

Nova, later arrived at Autobot headquarters. Optimus Prime woke up. He carried Mick outside.

"Thanks again, Nova. Is there any way I can repay you?"

"Your safety and gratitude is enough."

Nova then transformed and started to fly back to Decepticon headquarters.

Optimus entered Autobot headquarters with Mick. Both Optimus and Mick were hot and bothered, due to their Sahara encounter.

"I could do with a cold beer."

"I could do with a cold energon," said Optimus Prime.

Optimus went into a small electric fridge that they used when Humans were around, and took out a beer for the man.

"Thanks" he said, guzzling it.

Optimus walked into the energon room and, knelt down and picked himself a chilled energon cube. It didn't take Optimus long to finish it.

"Ohh ... that felt good ..." he said to himself.

Optimus walked to Mick.

"What is your name?" he asked, "and Where do you live?"

"The name's Mick and I live in Astraya."

"Astraya?" asked Optimus Prime. "I've never heard of that place. Where is it?"

"Australia," said Mick slowly.

"Oh" said Optimus, "Australia?! What were you doing in..."

"Yeah, Aussie. I was on a holiday in Los Angeles, when that big Megatron bugger grabbed me and dumped me in the blasted Sahara desert."

"... Megatron! I knew it! Blast him! Let's get you home."

"Uh, Prime ... Can I take a dekko round your HQ first, please? Me mates back 'ome won't believe it!"

"All right."

"Thanks, Mate."

Optimus Prime introduced Mick to the other Autobots and showed him all around Autobot headquarters. Mick took pictures of the Autobots and their headquarters.

"Do you have a picture of that Megatron guy?"

"Why do you want a picture of him?"

"My daughter Elaine loves him. "

"What?!"

"Yeah! Wait until I tell her that her father was captured by him!!! She'd probably ask him if I got his autograph."

"Right ... " said Optimus Prime. "I don't exactly hate Megatron, but I can't say I love him ..."

"Elaine thinks he's cute."

"Cute?!" exclaimed Optimus, laughing. "I'll never understand certain facets of human behaviour ..."

Mick laughed also.

"Let's get you home."

"I'll fly him to Australia, Prime" offered Skyfire. "Your jet pack might die again."

"Thank you, Skyfire."

"Nah worries, Prime."

"Thanks again, Optimus. You saved my life and a return air fare ticket!"

Optimus smiled, as Skyfire took off for Australia.

* * *

Nova arrived back at Decepticon headquarters.

"You destroyed Optimus Prime?"

Nova hesitated. " Uh, No, Megatron ... uh ... "

"NO??!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN, NO??!!"

"Well, I fired at them, but Prime protected the human and blasted me. There was nothing I could do ..."

"YOU IDIOT!!!!" screamed Megatron, blasting Nova in his weakest spots, four times with his powerful fusion cannon.

Nova fell to the floor, in pain, wounded, bleeding, then fell unconscious.

Shockwave came into the main control room.

"If you had any logic, Megatron, you would realize that the Autobots outnumber us. We need all our forces. Nova is one of our best.

"We need some acetonium to repair him," he said.

What we need, Megatron, thought Shockwave is a new leader.

In his quarters, Shockwave repaired him with some acetonium. Nova sat up weakly, still in a little pain.

"Those were powerful blasts you took" noted Shockwave.

Nova nodded slowly. "He blasted my weakest parts."

Shockwave nodded. "He's like that. Megatron is too impatient. He wants everything yesterday. A leader should be more logical."

Nova agreed. "Like you."

"Affirmative" stated Shockwave. "I am not sure if Megatron is aware that I wish to be Decepticon leader. Unlike Starscream I don't make a spectacle of myself. I'll take the chance in due course, but please don't speak of this to anyone, Nova."

"I promise I won't, Shockwave."

Shockwave trusted Nova and never doubted him.

When Skyfire arrived Australia, New south Wales, Mick guided Skyfire to his house. Skyfire landed in the street.

"Thanks again, Skyfire."

"Don't mention it."

Elaine, Mick's teenage daughter came rushing out.

"Dad! I was so worried! By the way, did you get Megatron's autograph?"

Skyfire laughed. "I wonder what Megatron would think of that..."

* * *

A few days later, Shockwave had captured a small Autobot spy. The Autobot was terrified. Nova hoped Shockwave wouldn't hurt him.

"What are you going to do to him?" asked Nova.

"Destroy him," replied Shockwave. "He's an Autobot."

"No ..." wailed the little Autobot, petrified. "Please don't kill me ..."

Shockwave transformed into his huge, powerful space gun mode. The Autobot was absolutely petrified and shivering. Shockwave prepared to fire.

"Shockwave, don't ..." cut in Nova abruptly.

"What on Cybertron?! Has your logic centre blown?"

"No. This Autobot is so small - so frightened and helpless..."

"This compassionate attitude of yours is getting quite out of hand, Nova ... " said Shockwave, sounding angry.

"Listen, Shockwave, I'm not like any of the other Decepticons and I can't help that. I hate killing and fighting. Please do not kill him."

"He is a spy. I must destroy him."

"Why must you? Nobody knows he's here, except for you and I. The Autobots don't kill any of our spies, Shockwave. They just interrogate them and let them go."

"We are not Autobots, Nova. You must realize that."

"I do, but don't you see this is unfair? Don't you see the logic of this situation?"

"Of course I see the logic of it!" snapped Shockwave. " I see that this is our enemy and he must be destroyed."

"That's not what I meant" said Nova angrily. "This poor little Autobot must've had a lot of courage coming here on his own. Let him go, Shockwave ... He's not a threat to us. The Autobots will be upset if you kill him, and so will I."

"I do not care about the Autobots, but why will you be upset?"

"I'll be upset because I hate killing. I hate seeing helpless creatures being killed ... Please, Shockwave ... Let him go ..."

"I'm sorry, Nova, but I'm afraid I cannot do that."

Shockwave again, pointed himself at the helpless, petrified Autobot.

"I can't look ... " Nova said.

Shockwave hesitated and then transformed into his robot mode.

"All right ..." he growled.

"Thank you ..." said Nova relieved.

The little Autobot was much more relieved than Nova, but he still felt frightened for some reason. Shockwave came towards him. The Autobot looked terrified and tried to back up more in the corner that he was in.

"Hang on, Shockwave." Nova walked towards the frightened Autobot. "Don't be afraid," he calmed, gently. "I'm not going to hurt you. I helped you. Why would I want to hurt you? "

The little Autobot trusted Nova and let Nova pick him up gently in his arms.

"How did you do that?" asked Shockwave, amazed.

"When someone's scared, you need to console them gently. They'll then calm down. It's only logical, Shockwave."

Shockwave nodded, wondering how he could've been so illogical.

"What did you come here to find out?" asked Nova.

The little Autobot started shivering.

"Don't worry" calmed Nova. "I won't hurt you ..."

"I was sent here to find out if the Decepticons had captured Mindwave. We haven't seen him since yesterday."

"We do not have any Autobot prisoners," Nova said.

"What about me?" asked the little Autobot, shaking a little.

"You're not our prisoner," Nova said. "I'm going to let you go."

"But ..." started Shockwave.

"Shockwave ..."

Shockwave said nothing.

"Thank you" said the little Autobot, grateful.

"And Don't worry about Mindy," Nova assured, " he's probably in one of his secret spots."

Nova released the small Autobot.

"Why did you tell that Autobot that we didn't have any Autobot prisoners?" asked Shockwave. "We could've led all the Autobots into a trap."

"I do not tell lies, Shockwave, unless it's necessary. Anyway, what do you care? You don't understand how I feel about other living creatures. I hate cruelty ... killing ... fighting ... and you just don't understand..."

"Nova, wait ..." said Shockwave, as Nova walked out of his quarters.

Shockwave followed him.

"Go away, Shockwave. You do not understand."

"Nova, please ... I'm trying to ... please don't go..."

Nova didn't turn back.

* * *

The next day, Shockwave went looking to find a location on Earth, suitable to carry out one of his scientific experiments. He flew in robot mode around Earth's countryside. Shockwave was high on fuel consumption. He had taken energy reserves with him, but used them sparingly. Shockwave spent quite a lot of time searching for the adequate location.

"It was foolish of him to go alone ... Now his failure is complete ..." snarled Blacklight.

He flew after Shockwave.

"Shockers is gonna wish he never went out - alone ..."

Shockwave wasn't having any luck in locating the perfect spot and he was getting low on energy. He had used most of his reserves. He started to fly back to Decepticon headquarters.

Blacklight caught up to him and blasted Shockwave in his jet thruster. Shockwave crashed onto the ground painfully. He was unable to fly or transform into his ray gun mode. He was low on energy, so he couldn't fire at his attacker to defend himself. Blacklight blasted him again, weakening Shockwave. He tried to stand up. Blacklight blasted him five times, wounding him further. Shockwave wanted revenge.

"It's times like these when you really need a friend ..." snarled Blacklight.

He blasted Shockwave in his neck. It started bleeding heavily. The pain was terrible.

"Ohh ..." gasped Shockwave. "Stop this ..."

"Hah! No way, Shockers!" exclaimed Blacklight. "You're at my mercy now, and I don't have any ..."

"Please be logical ... If you destroy me, who will run the logical operations, experiments? Logic dictates that we are already outnumbered by the Autobots ..."

"You can take your logic and shove it up your ray gun."

This remark deeply angered Shockwave and he wanted Blacklight to pay for it. Blacklight blasted Shockwave in his stomach.

"Ohh ... don't ..."

Blacklight aimed the weapon at Shockwave's head for the final blast. Shockwave shut his eye.

There was a blast, but not from Blacklight. Shockwave, sensing he was still functional, opened his eye and looked up.

"Nova!"

Nova smiled and helped Shockwave up.

"But I thought..."

"Thought what? That I'd let him kill you? Just because we had a tiff doesn't mean we can't be friends."

"Thank you," Shockwave gasped, relieved.

Blacklight was starting to regain consciousness. Nova kicked him hard in the stomach.

"I'll let Megatron deal with you."

"Megatron! But he'll ..."

"I care not. You should've thought of that."

Nova took both Decepticons back with him.

He repaired Shockwave in his quarters.

"Before you leave Blacklight at Megatron's mercy," Shockwave said, I have a surprise for him ... "

Shockwave walked towards Blacklight, who backed away from him.

"What's the surprise? ..." he asked uneasily, not sure he wanted an answer. "Does it come wrapped up with a bow on it?"

Shockwave transformed into his ray gun mode.

"Merry Christmas, Blacklight ..."

Shockwave blasted Blacklight in his stomach and neck.

"Th... anks..." Blacklight groaned.

"And another thing ... Don't call me 'Shockers.'"

Shockwave kicked Blacklight out of the doorway.

"If anyone asked you what happened, tell them you accidentally pulled the trigger of your gun while you were pointing at yourself."

"That sounds stupid."

Shockwave transformed into his ray gun mode again and pointed himself approximately five centimetres away from Blacklight's head. "Would you rather be dead?"

"You've made your point, Shocker ... Wave. It sounds good."

Shockwave turned to Nova. "Thank you," he said. "I owe my life to you."

"Don't mention it. You've helped me before. I couldn't let him kill you. You're my friend and I care about you."

Shockwave seemed to smile. He felt glad, then started to feel hungry. He walked to the energon room to re-energize.

While Shockwave was gone. Breakdown, burst into his quarters.

"Nova! Help!" he shrieked.

Nova was confused by Breakdown's panicking. "Calm down, Breakdown, panicking is illogical, It only makes you more frightened and the situation worse. It also wastes energy. What's the ..."

"Blacklight's after me again!"

"Oh he is, is he? ..." Nova picked up his gyrojet blaster. "Does he never give ??"

Blacklight entered Shockwave's quarters, still weak from Shockwave's blast. Nova stood by the door. Blacklight came after a terrified looking Breakdown. Nova quickly grabbed Blacklight and pointed his gyrojet blaster at his throat.

"Going somewhere, Black?"

Blacklight put on a fake smile.

"Not really " he said sweetly, ironically.

Nova grabbed his throat, tightening his grip. "What have I said about hassling Breakdown before? What did I tell you?"

Blacklight was silent. He tried to struggle violently out of Nova's tightening grip.

"But Breakdown's a wimp ... Who cares?"

Nova tightened his grip further. "He's not a wimp. It's the way he is. He can't help that. It's plain logic. Or are you too stupid to realize that?"

Blacklight scowled angrily.

"This is a gyrojet blaster" stated Nova. "One blast, fired at this range, will definitely be fatal -- If I see you after Breakdown or Shockwave again in a harmful manner or if or anyone else tells me that you have been, I will NOT hesitate to use it."

Blacklight shuddered at Nova's strong, forceful words and nodded. "All right ... " he said angrily. "Hey, that's cool with me..."

Nova roughly let Blacklight go.

"Gee," Blacklight said. "You're harsh."

Nova gave him a blank look.

"Is he always like that? Blacklight asked Breakdown, who gave a shrug. Nova almost smiled. Blacklight then grunted and left sticking his middle finger up at Nova, when he turned to Breakdown.

"Thank you, Nova ... " breathed Breakdown, gratefully.

"It's all right, Breakdown. Blacklight should realize that we are all different - And he should, if he has to, pick on someone his own size and strength."

"It's great to know you've got someone to turn to when you really need them, Nova."

"I'm always here if you need me, Breakdown."

"Thanks, Nova. I really appreciate what you've done for me."

Nova smiled. "Don't mention it".

Breakdown walked out of Shockwave's quarters. Nova was grateful that Breakdown appreciated him.

Breakdown walked past Blacklight. The other Decepticon didn't do anything to him. Breakdown felt safer now. He felt glad he didn't have to live in fear of Blacklight hurting him and he knew he always had Nova to turn to when he needed him.

Breakdown and Blacklight went their separate ways.

Shockwave came back into his quarters.

"What was all that about Breakdown?"

Nova told him everything that had happened and what he had promised Breakdown.

"Why?" asked Shockwave.

"Because Breakdown feels I'm the only one he can turn to. He feels safe with me. He respects me."

"It's good he respects you, Nova, but why do you care so much about him?"

"I care about anyone in need."

"You really shouldn't care so much. This attitude is going too far ..."

"You don't understand me! You just don't care!" Nova knew his outburst was not logical, but he didn't care.

He transformed into his space cruiser mode and flew away.

"Nova, come back!" exclaimed Shockwave "I didn't mean to upset..."

Nova hoped Shockwave would someday understand him fully.

Whilst flying, Nova saw Mindwave, sitting on the edge of a cliff near a long, narrow waterfall. Mindwave, all of a sudden, slipped. He shrieked and tried to grab onto the slippery edge. He screamed as he slipped down the waterfall. He couldn't stop screaming. He was petrified. Nova gasped. He quickly looked at the large sharp rocks at the bottom of the falls.

"There's no way Mindwave's weak body would survive that impact... I've got to save him ..."

In less than a second, Nova was under Mindwave. Mindwave crashed on top of Nova. Nova specially manoeuvred himself, so Mindwave's landing wouldn't have hurt them.

"Nova!!" gasped an utterly relieved Mindwave. "Thank you!!"

"It's fine, Mindy."

Mindwave hugged onto Nova's tail wing, as Nova flew upwards. He put Mindwave safely away from the cliff's edge.

"Stay away from the edge" he warned.

"I will" promised Mindwave. "Thank you, Nova."

"It's all right, Mindwave. Even though I am a Decepticon, I hate seeing anyone in trouble. I couldn't let you die."

Mindwave smiled. Nova stayed with him for a while, playing with the animals around. Nova quite liked animals.

A bird flew down to them.

"This is Miska," he said, "the bird you saved from Decepticon headquarters."

"How did you know?"

I can communicate with all animals by using my telepathic powers and I can also understand what they are saying. This surprised Nova a lot.

"I haven't got any ESP, Mindwave," Nova said, "but tell her it's all right."

"She's very happy and she she's hatched four chicks since you saved her."

Nova smiled. "Congratulations."

Miska perched herself on Nova's finger.

"She also says she's very grateful for what you did for her."

Nova smiled. "It's all right, Miska," said Nova, gently stroking her with his smallest finger.

"I'd love to stay," Nova said, but I gotta go."

Mindwave smiled. "Bye, Nova."

"Goodbye, Mindwave."

Miska flew to Mindwave, then up into the sky, telling Mindwave that she had to feed her children. Mindwave smiled as she flew away.

Nova arrived back at Decepticon headquarters.

"Where have you been?" asked Megatron.

"Out flying."

"Nova, we are seeking to conquer Earth, not to go sight seeing!"

"Megatron, " replied Nova, I am the newest Decepticon. Logic would dictate that I should survey planet Earth to get some idea of the terrain before conquering it."

Megatron nodded, silently agreeing.

Nova returned to Shockwave's quarters.

"Listen, I am truly sorry about what I said before. I did not mean to hurt you."

"I know, Shockwave. It's all right."

"Thank you."

"Where did you fly around?"

"Not far. I just flew around the beautiful countryside. Near a river and a pretty waterfall."

"And you saved that Autobot called Mindwave," added Shockwave. "And you were with him for three point two-five Earth hours."

"How did you know?" asked Nova, sounding worried.

"I was monitoring you with my scanner."

"Please don't tell anyone, Shockwave, I ..."

"Nova, you are supposed to be a Decepticon -- We are supposed to hate Autobots ..."

"I'm not like the other Decepticons. How many blasted times do I have to tell you that? And I am NOT going to change. I just wish you'd understand and respect how I feel, Shockwave, but you don't."

"I do care, Nova. I am learning to respect you feelings," told Shockwave truthfully. "It's hard for me, because I'm not compassionate. Truthfully, I like you the way you are and I don't want you to change, even if you do care about Autobots. I promise I won't tell anyone about what you did today and even if you do it again. I don't want the other Decepticons to hurt or destroy you, and they would if they knew what you were like inside. I do not want that to happen. You are my friend. My only friend."

"Thank you, Shockwave."

Nova felt very grateful that Shockwave now really understood and respected how he felt.

"I have come to understand respect fully, how you feel about killing, even Autobots," said Shockwave, "but, Nova, please do not expect me to be like you."

"I don't, Shockwave. We're all different. To expect you to be the same as me would not be logical ... or fair."

Shockwave's yellow eye brightened momentarily. To all who knew him as deeply as Nova did, this was a smile. 

"Shockwave," Nova said, after a long apuse. "I've decided to leave ... for the time being"

Shockwave sighed. "I thought it would only be a matter of time before you made that decision. I could not persuade you to stay?"

"No, Shockwave. I'm sorry."

"Where will you go?"

"Some place away from Cybertron and Earth. Explore space, perhaps. Perhaps a scientist is needed somewhere. You have my word I will neither desert nor defect, but for now I must go.  I'll miss you, my friend."

"And I you." Shockwave was upset, but didn't want to let his feelings get in the way of his friend's freedom.

 

Shockwave watched as Nova resumed space cruiser mode and kept watching the sky until his friend was no longer in visual range.  "Good luck, my friend," he said softly.  No one but Soundwave heard him, and the other had too long suspected this turn of events.

 

Nova was to find a secluded world, quiet and peaceful, much like an uninhabited Earth.  It was there he would remain for many a year and made it his home. It would be millennia before he would return, much to his joy to see the war over and his people living in peace.

 

*

 

 

*

 

 Back to Decepticon Page

 

Back to Transformers Page