Disclaimers: Saint George (Lucasfilm) crated the Star Wars Universe.  Lucasfilm owned by Disney. George Lucas created the Star Wars Universe. Movies by 20th Century Fox/Disney. I make no Republic Datari {Credits}, Peggats, Truguts, Wupiupi, etc from my fanfic/fanart/fanfunnies.  Story written purely for enjoyment and the only profit I make is the happiness my writing brings.   The Force is With You Always :)

 

 

 

Summary:  AU:  Qui-Gon is over 500 years of age and it is his time to join the Force and say goodbye to Obi-Wan.


 

Rating PG

 

 

 

                                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

                                There is No Death ~ There is the Force

 

 

 

  "Sith!"  Obi-Wan cursed, in the wee hours of the morn.

He had just lost an online auction for an ancient Jedi lightsabre, the time had run out and he had been outbid in the last few seconds.  He threw the keypad aside in disgust.

  //Obi-Wan.//  It was his Master, with a sense of urgency.

The younger Jedi rushed to his Master's room, worried, his anger about losing out on the lightsabre turning to concern.

  "Master?"

  "It's time," Qui-Gon said softly, turning to face his Padawan.

Obi-Wan shook his head.  "No…"

Qui-Gon smiled warmly.   "It is time for me to join the Force."

  "No …" Obi-Wan said again, kneeling before his Master's bed.  All thoughts of the ancient lightsabre had vanished.

Gently Qui-Gon took his hand.  "Everyone's time comes and mine is now."

Obi-Wan shook his head.  "I can't lose you, Master."

  "I'll always be with you, Obi-Wan."

  "But you can't die."

  "There is no Death; There is the Force."

Obi-Wan sighed.  "Master Yoda taught me that when I was three, but Master, I …"

Qui-Gon smiled warmly once more.

  "Why now?" Obi-Wan asked.  "Can't you ask the Force for a little longer?" The younger Jedi was near desperation.

  "I did," Qui-Gon said.  "It let me say goodbye to you."

Tears welled in Obi-Wan's eyes.  "What will I do without you, Master?"

  "You will never be without me, Obi-Wan. Nor I without you.  Give yourself time to grieve for endings, but do not stay in grief."

Obi-Wan swallowed.  "Master I care so much for you."

  "As I care for you, Padawan, but now I must move on.  My time here is nigh and I have lived a very long and fulfilling life."

Obi-Wan's tears fell as he nodded.  "I understand, Master, but I don't want you to go."

  "Part of me wants to stay also, though I am needed elsewhere.  My time in this body is spent, but my spirit will never die."

  "I'll miss you terribly ,Master."

  "And I you, Padawan."

  "You've enriched my life so much."

  "As you have enriched mine.  Never forget the Living Force, Padawan."

  "I won't, I promise, Master."  Obi-Wan placed his arms around his Master.  Gently, Qui-Gon kissed his Padawan's forehead.  "Farewell Obi-Wan."

Obi-Wan could not bring himself to say goodbye as his Master's physical form disappeared in his arms.  The younger Jedi began to cry softly.

  "Master …" he sobbed.

He climbed into his Master's warm bed, still sobbing, until he fell asleep.

 

He awoke in the morning, and looked at the side table.  On it lay an ancient Jedi lightsabre.  Obi-Wan smiled warmly.

  "Thank you and farewell, Master."

Though he knew his Master would always be near, and Obi-Wan knew his time would come to join his Master in the Force.

 

 

*

 

 

 

The Ancient Jedi Lightsabre.  

 

(Tibetan incense holder.  I've always thought they looked like beautiful ancient lightsabres)

 

 

              *

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Back to Qui~Gon Page