Disclaimers: Transformers are owned by Hasbro.

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic/fanart.

Summary: A story from both Optimus and Megatron's point of view. This story was inspired by one of the later UK Annuals.

Rating - PG

~~~~~~~

MY ENEMY

PART ONE

 

 By Optimus Prime

 

I didn't want to hurt him. There was no way he could escape. He was totally helpless, defenceless, petrified I could see that in his eyes. .... I have never seen him like this before, in absolute agony, screaming in pain, bleeding. Parts of his body, ripped open. I couldn't bear to look. Even though I was his arch enemy, I felt sorry for him. He frantically tried to escape, but that only hurt him, making his pain much greater. I did not want to kill him, but if I didn't, the war may never come to an end and peace may never emerge. I hate decisions which mean the difference between life and death. It's not easy being a leader. If I killed him, it would end his fear and agony, but also his life. I did not want to kill for peace, but it seems to be the only way. Was there another? I wish I knew. I looked again at him, shivering, and screaming in agony. Could I kill him? The answer was yes. Physically. But mentally? .... But what choice have I? None. I aimed my laser rifle at him, my hands shivering. I could see him trembling. I closed my eyes for a moment, then began to pull back on the trigger, slowly.

" No .... please .... please .... no .... " he begged, his voice broken and shaking.

I stopped, my finger trembling. All I had to do was pull back a few millimetres and it would all be over. What was stopping me? I hesitated for a moment. It was my heart. I could not do this.

I gradually lowered my laser rifle. The look in his eyes told me how relieved he was. I approached him and saw was still uneasy and hurt. I had to be very gentle with him. His skin was weak, parts of it were crumbling in my fingers. His mutilated body was a horrible sight. I almost couldn't bear to look at it, but felt I had to repair him. I was his only hope and couldn't leave him to die in this agony, even if he was my arch enemy. I released him from the bonds.

"Don't hurt me ..." he said softly.

He fell unconscious when I lay him on the ground.

I began to repair him. It was quite difficult, but not as hard as I had anticipated. All of his internal organs were intact and only needed minor repair. It took quite some time to repair his damaged outer skin, but finally, I managed to do it.

I reactivated him. He sat up quickly with a start, then looked at me

"Why didn't you kill me?"

"We're from two different worlds, you and I. The same planet, but I am not like you nor you like me."

"We're the worst of enemies. We've fought for millions of years .... Why did you repair me?"

"You were defenceless, and in extreme agony. I can't stand to see anyone in pain, not even an enemy."

He looked at me. "You're right. We are from two different worlds," but his tone wasn't harsh.

"Perhaps one day," I said, hopefully, "we can re-unite them."

But Megatron said nothing else.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MY ENEMY

PART TWO

 

By Megatron

 

[IF ANYONE DARES TO READ THIS, PREPARE TO BE TERMINATED --]

 

[If anyone is reading this without my authorisation, which I have not given to anyone, except Soundwave, you'd better put it down -- NOW!!. You have been warned. Starscream, if you read this, I will kill you -- painfully.]

 

I was suspended above the floor by tight metal clasps, the only things holding my mutilated body together. I was in ultimate agony. I don't know how I got to be in this state or who is responsible, but when I find out -- I WILL SHOW THEM NO MERCY -- The only thing keeping me alive, was a tube, attached to me, pumping in energy. Whoever did this to me obviously wanted me to suffer. They just better hope for their sake, I don't find out who they are. I will make them suffer in a slower and more agonizing way that they could ever imagine. The pain I endured was so intense. I lost track of how long .... I remember wanting to die .... I didn't want to die, nor did I want to stay alive in this agony at any price. I knew if I tried to struggle away, the pain would only become greater. It was beyond words, beyond all logical calculations. I screamed in agony. I wanted someone to save me, someone to rescue me from this awful, agonizing fate, but in all honesty, who would? I didn't want anyone to see me in this helpless state, it would be too humiliating, but would I rather die in agony than be humiliated?

Then, around the corner, he came. I really thought he was going to kill me. I hate to admit that have NEVER been so terrified in all my life. Though I would NEVER admit this to ANYONE, he could see exactly how terrified I was. I suppose I should have felt embarrassed, but I was too scared to let humiliation cross my mind. I couldn't stand it! I wanted desperately to escape, but I knew it was impossible. He was just standing there, looking at me. What was he doing? What was he thinking -- feeling? I wish I knew, but fear kept me from saying anything. He aimed his laser rifle at me. I was more petrified than petrified. It was beyond explanations.

Why was he hesitating? Fear was growing inside me. He could see that. He then slowly began to pull back on the trigger. I was too frightened to realise that I begged him for mercy. Why was he doing this? He's usually understanding, kind, gentle, compassionate and all those Autobot things. He cares about all life, but why should he care about me? I was his arch enemy, and this was his perfect chance to kill me. He couldn't fail. A few tense seconds later, which seemed like an eternity, he lowered his laser rifle. I could not believe it, nor describe how utterly relieved I was. He walked towards me. I still felt very frightened and uneasy. He began to release me from the clamps, which suspended my body above the floor. He lay me down. It was still very painful, but the pain from the strain and the tightness of the clamps was beginning to ease.

"Don't hurt me ..." I said softly, embarassed the moment I said it.

"It's all right," he calmed gently.

I knew I could trust him, but ... I fought to keep awake, but lapsed into an unconscious state. I wasn't sure what he was going to do, but there was absolutely nothing I could do about it. Later, when I regained consciousness, all the pain had gone and I was fully repaired. I could not believe that He had repaired me. I was grateful, but said nothing. He probably knew. Before, I had begged him not to hurt me. I have never felt so stupid in all my life ... I should have known that was not his way.

But I was also relieved. I asked him why.

He said, "We're from two different worlds, you and I. The same planet, but I am not like you nor you like me."

He's right there, but we are of the same race, Autobot and Decepticon. I often wonder when the war will end. With the destruction of the Autobots, Decepticons, or both?

He said he couldn't could never hurt anyone so helpless and defenceless, but then again, that's typical of Autobots. He also said he couldn't bear to see anyone in pain. not even an enemy. I'm forced to wonder, why does he care about his enemies?

I am his arch enemy and he saved my life. Should I repay him for this?

I honestly do not know.

 

*

 

Back to Transformers Page