Disclaimer: Transformers is owned by Hasbro.

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic/fanart

Summary: Mindwave's story and profile

Note: Mindwave was crated by Seawave & Equus

Rating PG

~~~~~~

MINDWAVE

ALLEGIANCE: AUTOBOT

FUNCTION:  WARRIOR/VET/HEALER

 

"Be gentle and kind to all and have many friends."

 

Profile: Mindwave absolutely adores Earth animals. It's very distressing for him when any of them get hurt or killed. He feels he has to surrender if anyone threatens to hurt animals, to protect his helpless friends. He cares about everything - wouldn't hurt a fly - literally. He is an active member of wildlife conservation projects and animal clubs. He collects every book, picture, figurine, toy - anything on animals he can get his hands on. His favorite shows include Lassie, Flipper, Garfield, Rin Tin Tin, etc and one of his favorite movies is Doctor Dolittle. He's very fond of an Australian show called Talk to the Animals. He has all the shows on video tapes and has a vast storage room under his quarters in Autobot HQ. He also loves reading and writing about animals. He started up a chain of Animal Care homes in every city in every country, thus giving millions of animals homes and millions of humans employment. Mindwave hates violence in any form. He is extremely caring for all his Autobot and animal friends. He would sacrifice himself for them if it was called upon him to do so. A lost or hurt animal is sure to find its way into Autobot headquarters or Mindwave's quarters. The Autobots don't mind, having Mindwave's animals around, but sometimes he brings too many. He once brought a pair of hurt rabbits and soon there were more than two! Mindwave's animal friends all trust and respect him. He hopes more than anything that the Transformers war ends very soon. Some view him as childish, but others, including Mindwave cherish his unique childlike qualities. Mindwave holds a secret which tears him apart. A long time ago, on Cybertron, when he was very young, he remembers his brother Psycho-Phaser having an argument with their mother, Cherala. His brother stormed off in annoyance. Mindwave remembered feeling sad, and wanting them to sort it out more peacefully. Shortly after Psycho-Phaser had left, Mindwave began to sense a terrible feeling of danger and became very frightened. He heard the door to their home burst open, and dashed into the nearest storage compartment, afraid not cowardly - somehow knowing that these two intruding Transformers would hurt him and his mother. Cherala didn't have time to hide before they caught her. Mindwave saw that they were neither Autobot or Decepticon, and to his ultimate horror, he stared in sickening terror as they began using their crude weapons to bludgeon his mother to death. She screamed in pain, but there was nothing he could do to save her. If he came out they'd do the same to him. He shut his eyes, not waning to look at the sickening, bloody sight. He heard the two Transformers leave, but was too terrified and shocked to move or to make a sound. A few hours later, he heard someone come into his home and became terrified that the murderers had returned. He saw the other person run to his mother's body. Part of him recognised his brother, but the other part of him was too scared to move. He was frightened when Psycho-Phaser found him, but knew his brother would never hurt him. It took Mindwave several weeks before he could tell his brother what had happened and felt guilty that he could do nothing to save her. Psycho-Phaser told Mindwave never to blame himself, and Mindwave was grateful to be with his brother. Psycho-Phaser took care of Mindwave, teaching him how to survive on his own.

After a while, Psycho-Phaser decided that they ought to take sides in the war, in hope of 'bringing the damn thing to an end' as he put it. Psycho-Phaser felt he was better suited to the Deceptions, while Mindwave with his gentle, playful nature, suited the Autobots. Mindwave didn't want to leave his brother, but Psycho-phaser told him it was for the best and that he would make friends with the Autobots, and so Mindwave accepted his older brother's decision, and now is grateful for it. Mindwave also harbours an intense hatred for his mother's killers, but what affects him more deeply is his mother's loss. He has suppressed this memory deep in his psyche, in fear that if he comes into contact with it too much, it will take over his life. He wants to learn to deal with it, but is scared to. For the longest time, he never told anyone, before he decided to confide in Optimus Prime.

Abilities: Mindwave is able to use telepathy to communicate with animals. This ability is not programmed into him. It can neither be jammed or intercepted. It's part of Mindwave's feelings and involves no electromagnetic waves or otherwise. He can also communicate with his brother this way. Mindwave possesses a healing power that's capable of healing wounded animals, humans and Transformers. Mindwave carries a small concussion gun in robot mode which causes painless unconsciousness for a short while, but it does have higher settings which Mindwave only uses when necessary. In satellite dish mode, he is able to send and receive transmissions of a variety of frequencies. He can also intercept and jam transmissions. If attacked, he can use his dish as a laser. In puma mode, Mindwave has no weapons and is not only extremely playful, but is but very quick and agile and his claws can rip through most metals - and his bite hurts! Although he's not very strong and hates fighting, Mindwave can be quite a formidable fighter when he needs to be.

Weaknesses: Mindwave gets extremely depressed and upset when he sees, or makes contact with wounded animals. He hates seeing any dead animals. If Mindwave sees a hurt or dead animal in a battle, he'll divert all his attention to it, leaving himself vulnerable to attack. Mindwave is scared to think about what happened to his mother, but the more he suppresses it, the harder it is to control and he needs to come into contact with those feelings and he is learning to do that.

 

-- TECH SPECS --

STRENGTH -- 3 INTELLIGENCE -- 7

SPEED -- 2 RANK -- 5

ENDURANCE -- 7 COURAGE -- 7

FIREPOWER -- 5 SKILL -- 7

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MINDWAVE

 

Mindwave, who had just joined the Autobots, never said much. Some of the other Autobots thought he was a bit of a sissy, weird and perhaps a little wimpy.

"Hey, Mindy, where've ya been?" asked Calliber Tron. "Whatcha been doin'?"

"Nothing much" replied Mindwave quietly. "Just sitting in my quarters."

"Doin' what?"

"Nothing. Just sitting." Mindwave liked to be alone in peace and quiet.

"Sitting?! Man! How borin'!"

Mindwave wished the other Autobots would leave him and his interests alone. He didn't want to say anything. He hated talking when he didn't want to. He walked away sadly.

Didn't mean to hurt 'im thought Cal. But I don't dig what's so fascinating about sitting in your quarters, gorkin' at a wall.

Despite that, Calliber Tron decided rather liked Mindwave. He felt like an older brother to the little Autobot

            * * *

In his quarters, Mindwave lay on the resting ledge. Tears began to stream gently down his cheeks.

It's not my fault ... he thought. ... It's not my fault that I'm different from the other Autobots ... I wish they could understand ... I can't help the way I feel ...

Some Autobots did understand the way Mindwave felt and respected him. They were Autobots, like Mindwave who didn't like fighting, like Optimus Prime, the Autobot leader. Mindwave absolutely loved animals.

Mindwave sometimes got hassled by other Autobots. Sometimes they tried to push Mindwave out of his pacifistic ways. He hated that. Mindwave despises violence, but felt he has to fight as his duty as an Autobot, despite being scared of Decepticons.

Mindwave was extremely loyal and wouldn't allow any harm to come to any of you comrades, even the ones that hassled him. He would sacrifice himself if he had to.

            * * *

Some time later, Decepticons attacked. Mindwave didn't want to fight, but felt he had to. He was shot, but managed to fight off Onslaught, who was about to blast him again.

The battle raged on for a long while. Although Mindwave hated fighting, he was an formidable fighter. He felt he had to be to protect his friends - animal and Autobot.

Mindwave saw a bird get shot by a stray blast. He gasped, shocked and immediately ran to where it fell. Mindwave knelt down to is and being extremely gentle, he picked up the bird. It felt warm in his hand. The bird's grey feathers were fluffed up and stained with blood. Mindwave knew the bird was dead. He began to cry soundlessly.

The Autobots managed to fight off the Decepticons. Sunstreaker ran to Mindwave.

"Hey, Mindwave ... What's up? Hurt yourself?"

Mindwave shook his head, still crying. He showed the dead bird in his hand to Sunstreaker. Sunstreaker looked at it. He did feel a little sorry for it, but couldn't see why Mindwave was so upset.

"Come on, Mindwave, it's only a bird ..."

Mindwave looked up at Sunstreaker - shocked. "I can't believe you said that."

By the tone of Mindwave's voice and the look in his eyes, Sunstreaker wished he hadn't said it.

"Sorry, Mindy," he said apologetically. "I didn't mean it. Do you wanna come inside headquarters?"

Mindwave shook his head sadly.

"Okay then" said Sunstreaker gently. "Come in when you're ready."

Sunstreaker went inside. Optimus Prime came to Mindwave.

"What's the matter, Mindy?" he asked, comfortingly.

"This poor bird ... It was shot in the battle ..." said Mindwave crying.

The poor creature ... Optimus thought sadly. Why always the innocent? ...

Optimus helped Mindwave up.

"Can we bury him, Optimus Prime? Here?"

"Yes, Mindwave," said Optimus Prime

Mindwave dug a hole He then gave the bird to Mindwave, who gently put it in and covered it up. He sadly stood up and went inside with Optimus.

"It's so unfair how the innocent must always suffer ..."

"I agree with you, Mindwave," Optimus Prime said, "but try to think of death as a transit into another world, and not the end all of everything. It's one's spirit and soul that is important and that can never be destroyed."

Mindwave smiled. "Thank you, Optimus. That's cleared a lot up for me." He hoped wherever the bird was now, or if it was still a bird - perhaps it's spirit inhabited another body, perhaps it floated free.

Optimus smiled as he saw Mindwave look much brighter. He'd always worried about him - ever since he joined that Autobots - he'd always looked sad about something - something very private. Optimus hoped Mindwave could come to terms with what troubled him.

            * * *

Mindwave had many private secret spots. One of them was surrounded by luscious trees. The small Autobot lay down in the soft, semi long grass. All sorts of animals came to him, deer, birds, rabbits. He let the birds perch on him and rubbed the furry animals softly. Mindwave absolutely loved being here. He used his telepathic powers to communicate with the animals. He understood them, they understood him.

There were no biological animals on Cybertron. He stayed for hours, playing with the animals, unaware that he was being watched by two Decepticons.

"Look at that wussy Autobot ..." remarked Bonecrusher. "He makes me sick! But his patience is astronomical. How can he put up with those pathetic carbon based creatures for so long?"

"The answer is both simple and obvious" replied Soundwave. "He adores them."

"Yuck! Let's attack that Autocreep now!" Bonecrusher whispered.

"Negative" replied Soundwave. "We must get closer to him. He is unarmed, so that should be simple."

The animals senses danger. They tried to warn Mindwave, but it was a little too late.

"Hold it, Mindwave," ordered Bonecrusher gruffly.

Mindwave turned. Bonecrusher was holding a beautiful baby deer.

"Try to escape," he warned, "and the deer is history. They don't call me `Bonecrusher' for nothin' ..."

"Don't ..." said Mindwave, his voice shivering. "Please don't hurt her ... "

"We won't hurt it only if you surrender to us," said Bonecrusher harshly.

Mindwave was frightened. He didn't want to surrender, but didn't want the beautiful deer to be killed.

"All right ... You win ... I surrender ... Please let her go."

Bonecrusher dropped it. Mindwave gasped and knelt down to it and used his telepathic power. The deer was hurt, but alive. Mindwave felt upset and depressed and distressed when he makes contact with a distressed or hurt animal. He could also sense their pain.

"Come on" said Bonecrusher harshly, "before I terminate all the animals here."

How could he be so cruel? thought Mindwave shocked.

Bonecrusher harshly pulled Mindwave up. The Autobot wanted to struggle away, but was afraid if he did, he would endanger his friends.

The two Decepticons took Mindwave to Decepticon headquarters, to Megatron. Mindwave didn't say anything. Megatron wanted to know more about his telepathic power and to extract secret Autobot information out of him. He put Mindwave in a prison cell.

"You will tell me everything I want to know" he said.

"No ... " gasped Mindwave. "I won't. I won't tell you anything..."

"I think you will," said Megatron, pointing his fusion cannon approximately two centimetres from Mindwave's face. Mindwave backed away. He was frightened.

"I want to know everything about your telepathic power..."

"Megatron, if you blow my head off, then I won't be able to tell you anything and I am the only one that knows the details."

Megatron growled, knowing knew he couldn't win. He needed a way to extract that information out of Mindwave. He angrily left the cell.

"I need a way to extract all information out of Mindwave about his telepathic power. If I destroy him now, which I plan to do when I'm finished, I won't be able to obtain anything.

"I know what you could do, Megatron ..." said Bonecrusher.

"What?"

"Get a nice looking animal. He loves 'em. Threaten to kill it if he doesn't tell you."

"I am not killing any animals in here" said Megatron firmly. "It'd be too messy, but I have a idea. We'll replicate a clone of a ... let's see ... an Arctic fox, that'll do."

He made the robot clone of an Arctic fox with blue eyes. It looked so real, no one looking at it could tell the difference. In fact, it looked beautiful. Megatron picked it up and carried it into the cell.

"Mindwave - If you don't tell me EVERYTHING about your telepathic power, I will destroy this creature - painfully."

"... No ... no ... please don't ...!"

"Mercy is pathetic -- I HAVE NO MERCY --"

Mindwave looked frightened for the creature's safety.

"But, Mindwave, if you tell me everything about your power I promise I'll let you both go ..."

Mindwave began to tell Megatron every detail about his telepathic power, how he did it and was able to communicate without speaking a word or moving any part of his body. It wasn't programmed into him so the Decepticons couldn't copy or steal the power. This made Megatron angry. Also Mindwave's power couldn't be intercepted or jammed.

"Now, Mindwave, tell me all the Autobot secrets you know or this creature gets painfully terminated --"

"But you promised ..."

"You've learned an important lesson, Autofool.  NEVER trust a Decepticon especially -- MEGATRON -- "

"Well" he began. "... I don't know that many, but ... I can't... I can't ..."

"If you don't tell me I'll ..."

"Just don't hurt ..."

Mindwave pretended to faint.

"Pathetic Autobot scrap ..."

Megatron left the cell.

Mindwave later stood up. The 'Arctic fox' was still in the cell.

"You're beautiful, even if you are a clone ... That blasted Megatron! ... Oops ... I shouldn't swear ... "

Mindwave had discovered the fox was a clone when he tried to communicate with it.

Megatron came back into the cell.

"Well, Autobot scrap ..." he started.

"My name is Mindwave."

"I DON'T CARE WHAT YOUR NAME IS!!!!" screamed Megatron.

Mindwave shuddered.

"What are the Autobots' secrets?"

Mindwave paused. "I'm not telling you, Megatron," he said loyally.

"I warned you, Mindwave. Witness this creature's

destruction --"

Megatron paused, hoping Mindwave would tell him. Mindwave knew why Megatron was waiting.

"I'm not telling you, Megatron. Go ahead - destroy the `fox'"

Megatron detected the sarcasm and looked at Mindwave.

"I know it's a clone, so I don't care." Mindwave folded his arms.

Megatron furiously blasted the clone.

"However, Mindwave, just because you didn't tell me, doesn't stop me from destroying you ..."

"Megatron, if you destroy me, then you won't know any Autobot secrets ..."

"That won't work on me this time, Mindwave I have no great need to know them and I can find them out from any Autobot. -- PREPARE TO BE TERMINATED -- "

"NO!!" exclaimed Mindwave, scrambling out of the way as Megatron blasted at him. Mindwave couldn't escape. He was cornered in a corner, by Megatron pointing his fusion cannon at him. Mindwave was shivering.

"No ... no ..." he begged, frightened.

Megatron smiled evilly about to fire. Mindwave beamed a frantic telepathic message into Megatron's head. Megatron spun around, expecting to find Optimus Prime behind him. Mindwave jumped onto Megatron and took his fusion cannon off his arm. He then ran out of the cell, feeling relieved that his trick had worked.

"You'll pay for that, Autobot scrap ..." cursed Megatron, angrily.

Mindwave blasted in his chest. Megatron fell onto the floor. The kickback from Megatron's fusion cannon hurt Mindwave, but he blasted Megatron again, rendering him unconscious. The cannon threw Mindwave backwards was wrenched from his arms. Mindwave made a run for it.

Megatron later stood up and quickly found the other Decepticons. He screamed at them to go after and destroy the Autobot.

Mindwave had just made it out of Decepticon headquarters flew to the mainland. He transformed into his puma cub mode and ran, as fast as he could. The Decepticons were still after him. Mindwave was frightened. He transformed into his satellite dish more and tried to radio his friends.

"Soundwave, intercept and jam his transmission."

"As you command, Megatron."

Soundwave jammed the transmission. Although Mindwave's telepathic power could not be intercepted or jammed, his radio signals could.

"I hope I got through ..."

He transformed puma mode and ran, running, keeping as much out of sight as he could.

The Decepticons used detectors to try and detect him. They were getting closer to him. Mindwave could sense them. He started to find his way back to Autobot headquarters, being very careful not to be seen or detected by Decepticons.

The Decepticons detected the direction he was heading.

"He's heading for Autobot headquarters" said Megatron. "I'll make sure he never reaches it - alive --"

Mindwave was getting nearer and nearer to Autobot headquarters. The Decepticons were getting closer and closer to him. All of a sudden they attacked. Mindwave collapsed in pain. Luckily for him, his transmission did partially get through.

Skyfire had come with Optimus Prime.

"Quickly, Mindwave needs our help!"

Skyfire blasted away at the Decepticons. Mindwave was quite relieved. He let Optimus Prime down. Optimus ran to him and picked him up in puma mode. At first Mindwave bit him, then realised who he was.

"Sorry, Optimus"

Optimus smiled. "It's all right." He could feel Mindwave shivering. "You're safe now," he said.

With difficulty, the Decepticons were driven off. One Decepticon, Blast Off, tired to shoot Mindwave and Optimus Prime, but Optimus shot the Combaticon in his chest. Blast Off crashed onto the ground. He managed to get up, but he was still hurt. Optimus pointed his laser rifle at him. There was nothing the Decepticon could do to escape. If he made a run for it, he would be shot and he was still hurt - and he couldn't transform or fly. He didn't want to say anything. Optimus tied his hands together with an energon band and took him inside Autobot headquarters. He put Blast Off into a prison cell.

"Are you all right, Mindwave?" Optimus asked.

"Yes, Optimus, thank you."

Mindwave told his leader of his capture. "I was so ... so frightened ..." he said, his voice shivering.

"It's natural to be frightened, Mindwave. You're safe now, but please be more careful in the future. Megatron will not hesitate to terminate you and you may not be lucky enough to escape next time."

"I will be careful, Optimus," promised Mindwave.

Later that night, all the Autobots had recharged, except Mindwave. He was holding an energon cube and was walking past near the prison cells. He heard coughing coming from one. He went to the cell and saw Blast Off coughing, on his knees with his hands around his neck.

"He's absolutely starving ..." thought Mindwave. "I am hungry, but I cannot let anyone suffer like this ..."

He entered the cell. Blast Off looked up at him and gasped.

"Don't worry," said Mindwave gently. "I'm not going to hurt you."

He gave Blast Off the energon cube. "Here, you must be starving."

Blast Off began to drink the cube.

"Slow down" calmed Mindwave. "It's not going to run off."

Blast Off finished the cube. "I hate to say this, but thank you, Autobot."

"It's all right" said Mindwave, going out of the cell making sure it was locked.

"I hope Optimus won't be angry ..." he said.

Optimus heard him.

"Angry about what, Mindwave?"

Mindwave was a little uneasy, but told Optimus Prime the truth.

"That's all right - the Decepticons may be our enemies, but they are sentient, like ourselves and deserve to be treated accordingly."

Mindwave was glad Optimus Prime understood how he felt and felt the same way he did. He walked back to then went into the energon room. Calliber Tron was sitting on the ledge.

"Oh, Calliber Tron, is there any energon? I'm starving."

"Yeah There's two cubes. Here."

Calliber Tron gave a cube to Mindwave. Mindwave drank half of it and gave it back to Calliber Tron.

"What?! That's all you want?! Half a cube?!"

"Yeah, thanks."

"You must have a pretty small stomach, Mindwave ..."

Mindwave smiled. "I don't eat much, Calliber Tron."

"You can say that again! By the way, call me Cal."

            * * *

A few days later, Calliber Tron, asked Mindwave to do a favour for him, but Mindwave forgot. Calliber Tron grunted and walked to Mindwave's quarters.

"Mindwave ..." he said angrily ... "I told you to..."

Mindwave gasped. "I'm sorry Cally ... I-"

"Cally?"

"You don't mind if I call you that?"

"No, not really. Mindwave, I'm really angry with you ... I'm-"

"Please don't be angry with me, Cally ... Please ..."

Mindwave put on his `doggie eyes.'

"Oooooohhhhh! Don't look at me like that!"

Mindwave smiled.

"No one can ever beat your Doggie-eye-itsu, Mindy."

Mindwave smiled. Calliber Tron liked him a lot, as a friend. It was like opposites attract. He and Mindwave were inseparable.

"Hey, Mindy, wanna come for a ride?"

Mindwave jumped up excitedly. He loved it when Calliber Tron did that. He went outside with Calliber Tron. Calliber Tron transformed into unicorn mode.

"Climb on, Mindy."

The black and purple Autobot climbed onto Calliber Tron's back. Calliber Tron took off. He flew high above the clouds. Mindwave hung onto his mane. They both loved these rides. Mindwave suddenly slipped and fell off Calliber Tron's back and he shrieked, he had not thought to wear his flight pack.

"Hang on, Mindy!" yelled Calliber Tron, diving down for him, catching him just in time. Mindwave breathed with relief.

"Thanks, Cally."

"Nothin' to it, Mindy. Are you sure you still wanna go riding with me?" asked Calliber Tron, concerned for his safety.

"Yes, Cal. I love it. I'll be more careful next time."

Calliber Tron landed and transformed into his robot mode.

"Let's just keep this riding business between you and me, okay, dude? Otherwise they'll all want to ride ol Calliber Tron.""

Mindwave smiled. "Okay, Cally ... Maybe they should've called you Pegasus."

Calliber Tron smiled, then giggled. Together they both entered Calliber Tron's quarters and began to play games with. They liked each other a lot. Calliber Tron loved playing with Mindwave, but in private to him. He knew Optimus Prime knew how much he cared for Mindwave, but Cal didn't mind. And Mindwave was the only one allowed to call him 'Cally!'

            * * *

The next day, a Decepticon, Wildrider, tried to capture Mindwave. Mindwave screamed and tried to struggle free.

"Make one more move and you're dead ..." threatened Wildrider evilly.

Calliber Tron heard Mindwave shriek. He came into the quarters and saw Mindwave struggling with Wildrider. The Decepticon pointed his shatter-blaster at Mindwave's head. Calliber Tron was in his unicorn mode. He looked at Wildrider.

"You just try it, Dude, and you're history ..."

Wildrider looked at Calliber Tron, who looked very threatening and was about to charge. Wildrider put on a fake smile, lowered his gun and let Mindwave go.

"That's my cue..." Wildrider quickly left.

"Whoa ... That was close ..." said Calliber Tron.

He transformed into his robot mode and went to Mindwave.

"Hey, it's okay now. The Deceptijerk's gone."

Mindwave smiled. "Thanks, Calliber Tron."

"Hey, what happened to Cally?"

Mindwave smiled and hugged him. Calliber Tron smiled, glad to have saved and protected his friend.

            * * *

The following day, Optimus Prime had to go out to bring back some more energon.

"Monitor," he said, before he left. "I want you to take charge while I'm away. I'm not sure how long I'll be."

"Thank you, Optimus Prime. You have nothing to fear."

Optimus smiled. "Thanks, Monitor." He transformed and drove off.

            * * *

Later that day, Optimus went into Blast Off's cell and gave him an energon cube. He then took Blast Off out of the cell. Blast Off was frightened, but tried not to show it.

"What's he gonna do to me ...?" he thought.

Optimus took Blast Off to the entrance of Autobot headquarters. "You can go" he said. "We no longer need you."

Blast Off could not believe it. "What?!"

"We have no need to keep you here."

Blast Off transformed into his space shuttle mode and took off for Decepticon headquarters.

Mindwave had brought a beautiful red fox into Autobot headquarters. He was communicating with it.

"You're beautiful ..." he said telepathically.

The fox rubbed against him and licked his hand. He sat in Mindwave's lap. Mindwave was in his private quarters. He gently stroked the fox. He was sitting in a feminine-like position.

Cliffjumper, another Autobot came into the quarters.

"What are you doin'?" he asked weirdly.

"Just sitting here, Cliffjumper, with this fox."

"Fox?"

Mindwave showed Cliffjumper the fox.

"Mindwave, why are you so obsessed with these Earth creatures?"

Mindwave felt a little hurt by this.

"And," continued Cliffjumper, "why do you always sit in that sissy position?"

"Because I like it and it's comfortable" snapped Mindwave, "and it looks nice. Animals are beautiful. I can use my telepathic powers to communicate with them."

"You can talk to them?!"

"Yeah."

"What's he sayin'?"

"I can read what they're feeling, not exactly words ... he likes and trusts me ..."

"This is amazing!" exclaimed Cliffjumper, who was not usually impressed. He knelt down and stroked the fox.

"He says he likes you," Mindwave smiled.

Cliffjumper smiled too.

            * * *

Slowly, the rest of the Autobots began to understand Mindwave's feelings. Mindwave was grateful. He would always love animals and protect them and he would always love and protect his friends.

Optimus Prime was in the computer room.

"What are you doing?" Ironhide asked, coming in.

"I'm trying to see if I can find any information on Mindwave. He gave us quite a lot, but I suspect there's more."

Mindwave had heard this, and although he felt guilty eaves dropping on Optimus, felt he had to listen.

"Do you think he's lying to us?"

"No. I can sense there's something from his past that troubles him. Perhaps I can help him with it."

"Mindwave and Psycho-Phaser were created on Cybertron three and a half Earth years ago," the computer's voice said.

"Psycho-Phaser's a Decepticon," Ironhide said. "Wonder what he's got to do with this?"

The computer continued. "They were created by a female neutral Transformer called Cherala and lived in Cybertron's far North. Six months after Mindwave's construction, Cherala's mutilated body was discovered."

Optimus and Ironhide grimaced.

Outside the room, Mindwave shut his eyes to stop the tears.

"Mindwave and Psycho-Phaser were presumed dead until three months weeks ago, when they showed up on Earth. Mindwave as an Autobot and Psycho-Phaser as a Decepticon. It is highly suspected that Psycho-Phaser murdered Cherala."

At that point, Mindwave entered the room. "That's not true."

"Mindwave!" Optimus saw him crying. "I'm sorry if-"

The little Autobot shook his head and swallowed. "I've been trying to come to terms with this almost all my life, but I promised you my brother did not murder her."

"Your brother is a Decepticon."

Mindwave nodded. "Please don't hold that against him. He feels more sited to them. He's mot merciless and stuff like that - just has a hard tome dealing with his feelings."

"Is he telepathic?"

"Yes. He's more of the clairvoyant side. Our ... mother created us that way."

"I'm sorry, Mindwave. I'll amend the record. Did you see who killed-"

Mindwave shook his head. "I was hiding. I saw them through the slats in the compartment, but I was very young. There were two of them. They were large. They could have been Decepticons, I don't know."

Optimus comforted his little friend. "You're very brave, Mindwave, to live through that."

Mindwave nodded and cried.

"It's going to take you a while to come to terms with it, but just remember, I - we're all here for you."

"Thank you, Optimus Prime," Mindwave said, for the first time in his life, feeling the pain easing and he hoped wherever his mother's spirit was, that she was safe and he smiled warmly.

 

*

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

             

            MY DAY AT THE BEACH

 

            By Mindwave

 

 

The Autobots went to the beach today - just for fun! It was great to have a leisure outing - no fighting or violence. All my friends went into the crystal blue water and played around. It was great to see everyone in such a playful mood. I saw Monitor splash Highbrow and smile, and Highbrow spin around, smile and splash Monitor back. Seaspray played with Bluestar and I saw Bumblebee splash Optimus!

 

For some reason I didn't want to play in the water just yet. I sat on the dry sand, picked up a handful of it and let it sprinkle through my fingers. I ran my hand gently along the sand on the ground, then dug some holes, a foundation and built a sand castle. I've always wanted to do that! As I was creating my castle, I saw some lovely shells. I put some onto the castle to decorate it. I admired the bright red and bright blue shell I had found and wanted to take them back to Autobot headquarters with me. I carefully placed the shells inside my chest compartment. I could tell the shells were empty. I would never harm any animals. I adore them. They're all so unique and special.

Suddenly, I felt a wave of cold water splash over me - unnaturally, I'll add!

"Come on, Mindy!"

"Cal..." I said, smiling.

"Come on in - the water's great!"

"I just wanna stay here for a while."

Calliber Tron smiled. He cares so much about me (even though he'll deny it to everyone!) He looked around, then gave me a hug and I hugged him back.

"Mindy ... someone might see!"

I smiled.

"Smile you two!"

"Great ..." Calliber Tron growled jokingly, as he turned around to face Inferno, armed with a camera. He took the picture and smiled at us.

I smiled and showed Cal my two shells.

"Woah, talk about bright! We'll never need a torch again!"

I giggled. Cal was so funny! I placed my shells safely back inside my chest, then transformed into my puma mode and leapt onto Cal, knocking him off balance.

"You ... naughty kitty!"

Cal caught me around my waist and I gently play bit him.

"Hey! No fair!"

I giggled and we rolled around in the sand. I transformed into robot mode. Cal grabbed me and started to tickle me. He knows all my very ticklish spots - just as well, I know his too! I was having so much fun. I wish it could always be like this - no fighting - no war. It's such a darned shame we Transformers are at war. A tear rolled down my cheek.

"What's the matter, Mindy?" Cal asked, concern in his voice and I told him.

"Perhaps it'll all end someday," he said, comforting me.

"I hope so," and I knew crying about it wouldn't help.

I put it out of my mind - I didn't want it to ruin this beautiful day. Cal and I went into the water. It was quite cool at first, but we got used to it soon enough! And we began splashing each other and playing with the other Autobots. I splashed Calliber Tron's back when he wasn't expecting it. He made a noise and a funny face and came after me. I swam away from him, but he caught me. I play struggled and got away from him! Suddenly, I discovered I'd lost my lovely shells and became quite upset. I swam to Optimus, who was up to is wait in the water and splashing Ironhide and told him about my lost shells.

"I'll use my scanners to find them for you, Mindy," he said.

"Thank you, Optimus."

He took out his scanner and located my shells. "There they are..."

"Thanks ..." I said, swimming down to them and picking them up. I showed them to Optimus.

"They are lovely, aren't they?" he commented. "This planet is so full of beautiful things."

I agree wholeheartedly. I placed the shells back into my chest compartment - securely this time!

 

This day seemed to be lasting forever. I wished it would. Everyone was so playful! It's been one of the best days I've had since I came to earth with my brother, Psycho-Phaser. I wish he hadn't decided to join the Decepticons, but he has to sort out his feelings and that isn't easy for him.

 

Night began to fall. It didn't take us long to dry off and we began heading for Autobot headquarters as the sun began to set over the horizon, shimmering on the water as it disappeared to give daylight to the Southern Hemisphere.

I sat in puma mode in Optimus Prime's cab in truck mode. He's always so kind, helping others whenever he can.

 

When we arrived home, I went straight to my quarters, covered in animal posters and pictures of all kinds. I took out my colored shells, looked at them and put them into my special compartment. They seemed to glow, as if florescent. I suddenly began to realise that I was hungry and drank half an energon cube, then lay on my resting ledge, and thought about the day. I was glad the Deceptions didn't attack us - I wish they could have experienced the joy we have today. Would any of them appreciate Earth in that way? We know so little about our enemies.

 

My day at the beach had been wonderful and great fun, and would bring fond memories in many years to come. I loved it so much and I hope we can do it again sometime soon.

 

*

Back to Seawave’s Original Character Page {Autobots}

 

Back to Autobot Page

 

Back to TransFormers Page