Disclaimers: Saint George (Lucasfilm) crated the Star Wars Universe.  Lucasfilm owned by Disney. George Lucas created the Star Wars Universe. Movies by 20th Century Fox/Disney. I make no Republic Datari {Credits}, Peggats, Truguts, Wupiupi, etc from my fanfic/fanart/fanfunnies.  Story written purely for enjoyment and the only profit I make is the happiness my writing brings.   The Force is With You Always :)

 

Summary: Qui-Gon needs some time alone

 

Rating G

Enjoy!

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

SECRET MEDITATION

 

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan entered their quarters in the Temple, shedding their cloaks after a long, draining mission.

The Jedi Master placed a huge, heavy woven cloth bag he carried onto the floor.

"You know we're not supposed to accept gifts, Master..." Obi-Wan said with a smirk.

Qui-Gon looked harrowed. "They wouldn't let us *leave* without them ..."

The younger Jedi chuckled as he looked into the bag of vegetables.

"Good thing I told them I was allergic to meat ..." Qui-Gon said, "otherwise..."

"Jedi aren't supposed to lie either, Master."

"Shut up, Obi-Wan," his Master said with a chuckle. "And who knows, I may well be allergic to their meats."

"You never tried any and I wasn't allergic ... It was really quite nice." Kenobi smiled.

Qui-Gon gave him a look. "You know very well I'm vegan."

Obi-Wan nodded with a sigh. "The way you fussed over that leather bag saying it was ' too valuable' and picked out a hemp one ..."

Qui-Gon chuckled. "Does it annoy you?"

The younger Jedi smiled. "I wouldn't have you any other way, Master."

"Thanks, Obi-Wan ... I'll see about donating this to the people of Agandon, they're going to need supplies after their horrendous droughts."

Obi-Wan smiled. "I *really* wouldn't have you any other way, Master."

Qui-Gon chuckled.

"But, Master, do me a favour, take one of those juicy maroon fruits for yourself. You need it."

"Jedi aren't allowed to accept gifts."

"Shut up, Master."

Both Jedi laughed.

"All right," Qui-Gon said, "on one condition - Master Yoda wants us to report on our mission and it's almost time for my... special Meditation ..."

Obi-Wan gave his Master a look. "Can't you-"

"No."

"Master ..."

"Please, Obi-Wan. It's really important..."

The younger Jedi smiled and shook his head. "All right, but remember this."

"I will." Qui-Gon smiled and kissed his Padawan's forehead as Obi-Wan left for Yoda's chambers.

The Jedi Master rushed and fussed, readying himself and his surroundings, eating some of his delicious fruit before dimming the lights and assuming a comfortable position.

*  *  *

 

Obi-Wan stood before Jedi Master Yoda, the two alone in the older Jedi's meeting chambers. He felt uncomfortable and did not want to lie, but only he knew Qui-Gon's secret, why his Master must have complete silence on the eleventh hour of the second night of each week.

"I apologise for my Master's absence ..." he started to say, feeling sheepish. He'd always bluffed it before, but never with Yoda. Somehow he'd always escaped that. He wouldn't lie. He couldn't. "He ... he ... needs to be alone."

Yoda eyed the young Jedi before him. "Mmm, watching Buffy again he is..."

Obi-Wan's cheeks flushed bright red and he sensed his Master gasp and slide under his quilt ...

 

*

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Back to Qui~Gon page