May it Be by Enya, from The Lord of The Rings ~ The Fellowship of the Ring, by Tolkien, movies by New Line Cinema.

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic

Summary: Obi-Wan's journey and promise to Qui-Gon

 

Rating - PG

~~~~~~~~~~

 

MAY IT BE

 

May It Be

 

May it be an evening star

Shines down upon you

May it be when darkness falls

Your heart will be true

You walk a lonely road

Oh, how far you are from home

 

Mornie utúlië (darkness has come)

Believe and you will find your way

Mornie alantië (darkness has fallen)

A promise lives within you now

 

May it be the shadows call

Will fly away

May it be you journey on

To light the day

When the night is overcome

You may rise to find the sun

 

Mornie utúlië (darkness has come)

Believe and you will find your way

Mornie alantië (darkness has fallen)

A promise lives within you now

 

A promise lives within you now ...

 

                                                                                                Enya

 

Obi-Wan lowered his lightsabre and looked up into the garish sun, bitter tears streaming down his face. "I failed you, Master ... I failed you ... I promised to train him and look what it did ... He killed most everyone I loved ... I had to kill him, Master ... I'm sorry..." Obi-Wan fell to his knees by the firepit. "You were not meant to die, Master ... You were not meant to die."

"You did not fail me, Obi-Wan..."

The young Jedi looked up to see his Master's spirit. "Yes I did ... The Jedi Temple lies in ruin, everyone was killed bar myself and Yoda ... He turned, Master ... How could he have turned when he was the Chosen One? ... Perhaps you made a mistake."

"Perhaps I did, Padawan, but all is unfolding as it should. Balance will come to the Force, though perhaps not in the way we intended or imagined it would. I too feel your loss and grieve for the loss of life, but remember, Obi-Wan, There is no Death..."

"There is the Force..." Obi-Wan sighed. "It seems so hard ..."

"Yes, it does ... But I have realised something, Padawan."

"What's that, Master?"

"To each generation a Chosen One is born. In your generation it was you, then Anakin, now Luke."

Obi-Wan stood. "Your words fill me with hope, Master ... But that means you were also the Chosen One of your generation. You were meant to train Anakin. If you did he never would have turned."

"Perhaps, perhaps not, but we cannot dwell on what may have been."

"I know ... Though it is still hard to bear."

"Of course it is, Padawan. I would have felt the same had I lost you. I am only grateful that it was me and not you."

"How could you say that, Master? You bring so much joy to the Universe, so much love. You have helped so many."

"You speak as if I am gone forever. Am I not standing before you?"

"Yes, but..."

"But? ... I am not dead, Padawan. My body may have joined the Force, but I did not die. I am finding I can do more as a spirit being than I ever could as a physical one."

"That's reassuring, Master."

Qui-Gon smiled. "You will be fine, Padawan, but if you like I can check in on you from time to time."

"I'd like that very much, Master."

"The Force Is With You Always."

"And with you also, Master."

A pause followed.

"Master, do you think our Universe will ever attain a lasting peace?"

"I am sure it will, in times to come. May it be, Padawan, May it be."

Obi-Wan looked to the sky and found the sun was not as garish. He also saw his Master's form vanish in a gentle ripple. "May it be."

 

              *

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Back to Qui~Gon Page