Disclaimers: Transformers are owned by Hasbro.

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic/fanart.

Summary: The Decepticons attack Sydney, Australia and the Autobots must defend it.

Author’s note:  I wrote this one as the Transformers never seemed to come down here to Australia!  (Okay so there’s Outback, whose accent leaves a lot to be desired ;) …. And he was post TFTM anyhow … J

This one’s for you, Sydney! (Also known as the Emerald City J

Rating - PG

 

~~~~~~~       

THE LOSS

 

Invention: A power converter capable of converting matter into pure energy.

Location: Sydney, Australia - Scientific museum.

A discovery that has not gone unnoticed by Decepticon Leader Megatron.

"Decepticons, we must capture that power converter. It is the perfect key to unlock the total destruction of the Autobots -- We leave for Sydney immediately."

Within a few hours, they arrived at their destination - Sydney- the Science Museum. Megatron tore down the front wall. Some of the scientists ran for cover, while others tried to protect the power converter.

"Would you rather lose you life or your machine?"

Megatron aimed his fusion cannon at them.

"But this represents years of work ... you ..."

Megatron gave an evil smile. "Right ... - And I'll be more than happy to test it for you... on you. Move or die."

The scientists decided upon their better judgment and bolted. Megatron reached out and picked up the power converter.

"It is mine ..."

The Decepticons' presence had created havoc in the streets of Sydney. People scattered everywhere in utter chaos and fear. The Australian Army had arrived and were starting to blast the Decepticons. The Decepticons began firing at the humans and buildings. The people ran everywhere - anywhere for cover.

 

Meanwhile, at Autobot headquarters, Teletraan I informed, "Optimus Prime, Decepticons attacking Sydney, Australia."

"Visual!"

Teletraan complied. "Autobots! We have to stop Megatron! All those people need our help!"

Immediately, the Autobots left.

Meanwhile - Sydney - Megatron and the Decepticons were wreaking havoc, shooting buildings, people. The people were frightened. Many humans were trapped, some were wounded, and some had even been killed.

"I'm waiting for you, ... Autobots ..." sneered Megatron.

He looked at his power converter and gave sardonic smile.

The Autobots soon arrived in Sydney.

Optimus Prime was very concerned. "Innocent human lives are in danger. Megatron must be stopped no matter the cost ..."

They immediately began helping the people. They gently attended to the wounded and freed the trapped.

The Pavilion was just about to crash on top of a little girl. Optimus Prime threw himself over the child to protect her as the building came crashing down. It hurt him a lot, but he felt he had to save her. The Autobots helped Optimus and the little girl out of the rubble. She looked up at her saviour.

"Thank you for saving me, Sir," she said, still shaking. "Are you okay?"

"That doesn't matter" said Optimus Prime gently. "All that matters is that you are."

The girl was amazed. He risked his life to save her and he didn't even know her. She smiled.

"Thank you, Sir."

The Autobot smiled back. "Just call me Optimus."

He took her to a place where she would be safe. She thanked him again.

"Don't mention it, little one," he said. "We can't risk any human lives. The safety of others always comes first."

"Why can't everyone be like you?" she asked. "The world would be a better place then."

Optimus smiled.

"Bye, Optimus."

"Farewell" he replied, joining his friends.

They continued helping the humans.

Megatron continued his attack, unaware that the Autobots had arrived.

Optimus Prime flew to Megatron and blasted at him.

"So, Optimus Prime ... You've come at last..."

Megatron spun around and blasted Optimus with the energy converter. Optimus Prime was thrown quite a way backwards. He was badly wounded from the powerful blast. Jazz attended to him.

The Autobots began to battle with the Decepticons. The humans stared in amazement, but kept their distance.

The battle raged on for what seemed like an age. Members from each side were wounded and the attack was causing a lot of destruction to Sydney. Megatron aimed his fusion cannon at Sydney Tower and fired. It crashed into the Harbour Bridge. Megatron then blasted the National Australia Bank building which toppled down on to Ironhide.

Optimus Prime didn't want to cause any more destruction to what he thought was a beautiful city. The Autobots forcefully tried to fight off the Decepticons, but were losing. Optimus Prime was wounded, but managed to stand. He picked up his laser rifle and aimed it at Megatron, ready to fire. Megatron harshly grabbed a woman.

"Make one move, Prime, and what I'll do to this puny human won't be very pleasing to your optical sensors ..."

Optimus hesitated. I can't let her die ...

"Okay, Megatron. Just don't hurt her."

Megatron smiled evilly. "Do you want me to let her go?"

"You only ask that to torment me."

Optimus looked at the helpless human, struggling in Megatron's hand. He was very worried.

Primus, please don't let him hurt her ...

Relentless, the Decepticons fired at the Autobots - And the Autobots couldn't fight back. They felt they couldn't endanger any more human lives. They were losing miserably.

"Catch, Prime," sneered Megatron. He roughly threw the woman in his direction.

Optimus lunged forward and caught her gently. He then looked around. Not a single Autobot was left standing. Was this the end? Optimus looked at the evil smirk on Megatron's face.

"You've lost, Prime ... admit it."

It was a fact that Optimus Prime could not argue with.

"I admit it, Megatron."

Megatron laughed. "I will leave you and your pathetic friends alive - for now - but only to let your humiliation and our victory prevail...This day belongs to the Decepticons --"

Optimus knew it and there was nothing he could do about that.

"You can gloat over this victory all you like, Megatron, but you have not won the war. There is nothing shameful in losing."

"Oh I'll win, Prime, perhaps not now, not soon, but I started this war and I intend to finish it. I require this machine for other purposes."

Optimus watched the Decepticons fly away until they were out of sight. He looked at the woman in his hand.

"Thanks, mate," she said. "That was cool. I mean, just for me all that. You're a real beaut you are."

Her dialogue confused Optimus a little, but he was sure she was grateful. Optimus smiled at her and gently put her down. He began helping his friends back onto their feet. The Autobots began to repair themselves and the damaged buildings. The humans offered to help.

"You don't have to" said Optimus "We caused this damage and we must repair it."

The humans were grateful for the Autobots help and wanted to return the favour. They helped them dig Ironhide out of the rubble.

"Thanks, guys ... What action did I miss?"

Optimus smiled.

Prowl and Cliffjumper began to repair the Harbour Bridge, the Opera House and the Science Museum, while Blaster and Trailbreaker repaired Sydney Tower and put it back up.

Within a couple of weeks, the Autobots had Sydney looking perfect.

"This is a beautiful city," commented Optimus Prime. "No wonder it's called the Emerald City."

The humans then thanked the Autobots for all they had done.

"Don't mention it" said Ironhide. "It was really nothin'."

"As long as the innocent are threatened, no one is truly free," said Optimus Prime. "This is our war. Not yours. Even if it costs us our lives we must remember that."

The humans respected the Autobots for that. The heroes flew into the red sunset sky, returning to the Ark.

"We lost, Prime ..." said Cliffjumper, sadly. "We failed to stop Megatron."

"This is one battle I'd like to forget," said Optimus Prime, "but I can't. We did not lose because we failed to stop Megatron. Not only did our battle almost cause the destruction of a beautiful city, but the loss of human lives as well. That is truly why we lost and we can never forget that."

 

*

  Back to Autobot & Decepticon Fanfic Page

 

Back to Transformers Page