Disclaimers: Transformers are owned by Hasbro.

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic/fanart.

Summary: Limmo's profile and story.

Author's Note: Limmo created by Seawave and Equus

Rating - PG

~~~~~~~~

 

LIMMO

ALLEGIANCE: AUTOBOT

FUNCTION:  WARRIOR

"Friends are everything."

Profile: When Limmo was created, something went wrong. He was supposed to be much larger, but he was shrunken, with no way to correct it. Some had considered termination, because Limmo would be virtually of no use to the Autobot cause, but Optimus Prime could never bring himself do such a thing. He felt it wasn't fair.

Limmo is shy. He's the smallest Autobot, a head smaller than Bumblebee. He sometimes gets knocked around a little by the larger Autobots. This hurts him. He wishes they would realise he can't help his size. He gets on better with the smaller and more compassionate Autobots. He cares a lot about the other Autobots, even if they're not too fond of him. He tries to help whenever he can. Limmo is quite gullible. He'll believe almost anything anyone tells him. This can lead to problems as it is sometimes taken advantage of by the Decepticons, as Cyclonus did. Fortunately, Optimus Prime was able to repair Limmo in time. Limmo hates violence in any form. Instead of fighting in the war, he's rather be with his friends.

Abilities: In his mini limousine mode, his maximum speed is 40 mph. Range 200 miles. His headlights can act as photon flashes, temporarily blinding the enemy. In his robot mode he carries a small laser gun. Limmo has extremely low fuel consumption.

Weaknesses: In limousine mode, Limmo isn't very fast, making him an easy target. He's also quite gullible, as mentioned above. He's very uneasy of Destroyer. He's the weakest Transformer, but his tough metal skin can compensate a little for this, but he can't fight anyone larger or stronger than him. Sometimes fear can override his systems.

-- TECH SPECS --

STRENGTH -- 1 INTELLIGENCE -- 5

SPEED -- 2 RANK -- 4

ENDURANCE -- 3 COURAGE -- 3.5

FIREPOWER -- 1 SKILL -- 4

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

LIMMO

 

There was a new Autobot being created, designed to transform into a stretch limousine.

Optimus Prime was in the main control room with the other Autobots. Teletraan I suddenly bleeped a warning signal.

"Optimus Prime - Alert - Machine creating the new Autobot has malfunctioned. Suggest termination --"

"Termination ....." said Optimus Prime, "but ...."

"Prime," said Prowl, "remember the last time that machine malfunctioned? The Autobot it created wasn't sentient, went crazy and started trashing anything that moved."

"Yes, Prowl," said Optimus Prime. "I recall that, but there was no other alternative at that time. Perhaps it'll be different this time."

"Prime ..... you gotta destroy it" said Calliber Tron. "It's a threat, man."

"There may be some hope " said Optimus Prime. " There ...."

"Prime, it's a danger .... a hazard" said Ratchet.

"All right" said Optimus. "Termination seems to be the only alternative, but I will not enjoy it."

The Autobots felt sorry for Optimus Prime, but it had to be done. Optimus walked unhappily to the machine room, carrying his laser rifle. "I wish I didn't have to do this..." he said sadly, softly.

Inside the room, Optimus Prime was very surprised at what he saw. A tiny yellow Autobot that was less than half the size of his leg. The Autobot peered up at Optimus. He looked into Optimus Prime's eyes.

"I can't kill him ...." thought the Autobot leader. "I could never harm anything so helpless ....."

He lowered his laser rifle and put it down. He walked towards the Autobot. He could see the small Autobot was frightened. He knelt down to him - which was still larger than him.

"Don't be frightened, Limmo," he said gently, "nobody's going to hurt you."

From the tone and smoothness of Optimus Prime's voice, Limmo could tell it was the truth.

"So that was the malfunction" said Optimus. "The machine shrunk you. It's effects can't be reversed, but anybody can see you're not dangerous. Transform for me please."

Limmo obeyed.

"Well ..... not exactly a stretch limousine ...." said Optimus "You're a ... uh .... a mini .... limousine."

Limmo transformed into his robot mode and smiled. Optimus picked him up and carried him into the main control room to meet the other Autobots.

"There was no danger" he said. "The machine's effects only shrunk him and he's not as mature. Termination wasn't an option."

"Sorry, Prime ...." confessed Prowl. "I-"

"I know, Prowl. You would've done the same thing if you'd've seen him. This is Limmo, everyone. Our new Autobot friend."

"He's so small ...." said Prowl quietly, looking at Limmo in Optimus Prime's arms.

"Where is he, Prime?" joked Calliber Tron. "I can't see him!"

Optimus and Limmo both smiled. Calliber Tron shook Limmo's hand with his first two fingers.

"The name's Calliber Tron" he said, "but you can call me Cal. The rest's a bit of a mouth full."

The other Autobots introduced themselves to the shy Limmo.

"I really never thought there'd be anyone smaller then me" said Bumblebee, smiling at Limmo.

Limmo smiled back at him. Optimus Prime put him down.

"Come on, Limmo," said Bumblebee. "I'll show you round our headquarters."

Bumblebee transformed into his yellow Volkswagen beetle mode. Limmo transformed and followed him. Bumblebee showed him around everywhere. Limmo was a quick learner. Bumblebee then showed Limmo the ammunition room. They transformed into their robot modes.

"This is where we store all our ammo. We'd rather not have any of this stuff around, but ...."

"I wish we weren't at war ....." said Limmo sadly. It was the first thing he'd said. "I've never been in a fight before, but from what Optimus Prime told me about it, I never want to be. I hope it all ends soon."

"That's what we have been hoping for over nine million years, Limmo," said Bumblebee sadly, "since the war started."

Limmo almost fainted. "That long!" He then became sad.

"We're doing our best to end it," said Bumblebee, "but the Decepticons are doing their best to keep it going. There's no telling when or where it'll end."

Limmo sadly nodded, looking at the floor. "Thanks for showing me around, Bumblebee."

"No problem."

Limmo smiled, then walked into his quarters.

* * *

The next day, the Decepticons attacked the Autobots. Limmo was given a small laser gun to use in the battles. He didn't want to touch it, but knew it was his duty as an Autobot to battle the Decepticons. Limmo saw a Decepticon, Astrotrain, blast Bumblebee in his leg and was about to blast him again. Limmo hated violence, but he had to save Bumblebee. He carefully aimed his laser gun at Astrotrain's ionic displacer rifle. He blasted it out of Astrotrain's hand. Astrotrain grabbed his hand. Limmo ran to Bumblebee and quickly took him inside Autobot headquarters.

"What?! .... Who was that midget Autobot?!" Astrotrain exclaimed. "And I thought Bumblebee was small!"

The battle ended soon after.

"I'll take him, Limmo," Ratchet said, taking Bumblebee from him. It didn't take him long to repair Bumblebee's leg. Bumblebee thanked him and Limmo.

Limmo smiled. "I had to help you."

Bumblebee smiled back at him. "You hungry?"

"A little."

Ratchet helped Bumblebee off the bed.

Bumblebee took Limmo to the energon storage room and gave him a small energon cube. Limmo drank half of it, then put it onto the ledge.

"That's all you're havin'? You don't want anymore?"

Limmo shook his head.

"You sure don't eat much. Even less than I do!"

Limmo smiled.

"Wanna go for a drive?" asked Bumblebee. "I'll show you round Earth."

"I'd love to!" exclaimed Limmo excitedly.

Bumblebee went to Optimus Prime.

"Prime, I'm going out for a drive with Limmo, y'know show him round."

"All right, Bumblebee, but keep your sensors peeled for Decepticons."

"Will do, Prime."

 

Bumblebee and Limmo transformed and drove off. Bumblebee felt like a bigger brother to Limmo and enjoyed his company. Bumblebee spent quite a while showing him around. The country .... the cities, forest, desert, ocean .... explaining to him everything about Earth life and natural phenomenon. Limmo loved Earth, its creatures and thought the planet was beautiful.

The next day, Limmo wanted to go for a drive by himself and asked Optimus Prime.

"Be careful of the Decepticons."

"I will," he promised.

"If you get into any trouble, just radio us."

"Thanks, Prime. I will."

Limmo transformed and drove away, to a peaceful spot Bumblebee had showed him. When there, he transformed into his robot mode and sat on a patch of grass. He ruffled it gently. A baby deer walked to him. Limmo thought it was beautiful and gently stroked it. The deer suddenly ran off. At first Limmo thought he stroked too hard - then he heard Decepticons. He made like the deer too. He dived into some bushes when they flew past in the sky. He was shivering. He tried to stop, but couldn't. His hands were trembling. The Decepticons finally passed. It had only lasted for less then a minute. Limmo couldn't bring himself to move out of the bushes. He stayed there for a very long time, then started to feel hungry and began to drive as fast as he could to Autobot headquarters. It was getting dark. Limmo transformed by a lake. He'd never been outside at night before. He looked at the moonlight shimmering on the water. Limmo made ripples in the lake.

He looked up and saw a shooting star, then looked at the other stars in the night sky. He admired the beauty. He loved the dark, the night air. He suddenly became frightened.

"It's all dark ...." he said quietly. "The Decepticons might be spying on me .... Hiding in the bushes ...."

Limmo was getting hungrier. He knew he'd run out of energy if he didn't get some soon. He drove full speed to Autobot headquarters.

"Where were you, Limmo?" asked Optimus, worried.

"I ..... I ...." began Limmo, shivering.

"What's the matter?" asked Optimus gently.

"I saw some Decepticons and I hid .... and ..... and I was too scared to move ..... I-"

Optimus gently picked him up. "You're safe now."

Limmo nodded, still a little shaken.

"Well how d' y' like that?!" said Blue Streak. "Scared about a few `Cons that didn't even see him!"

Limmo didn't know what to say. Ironhide, another Autobot gently lifted up his head.

"You got a lot to learn, Kiddo."

Limmo felt shy, but smiled at him. Ironhide smiled back at him.

"I can't believe you hid from a few Cons," said Blue Streak.

"Limmo can't help it," said Optimus. "He'll have to learn."

"He better learn soon, otherwise ...."

"Blue Streak," said Optimus a little angry, "he's only two days, ten hours, fifty-five minutes, fourteen seconds old. Leave him be for now."

"Sorry, Prime, Limmo."

"It's all right," Limmo said, softly.

Optimus Prime carried him to his quarters.

"It's all right to be scared, but don't let fear rule you."

Limmo nodded.

Optimus Prime smiled and rubbed his head. Limmo smiled. He liked Optimus Prime a lot.

 

* * *

The next very day, an Autobot/Decepticon battle raged on. Limmo hated fighting. He saw one of the Decepticons get shot by an Autobot. He didn't stand up for a while. Limmo guessed he was in pain. He hated seeing anyone in pain - Even Decepticons.

Onslaught a Decepticon blasted Limmo in the back. Limmo dropped his laser gun and fell to the ground in pain.

The Decepticons left the battle - all except Cyclonus, another Decepticon. He waited until all the Autobots had retreated into their headquarters. No one had noticed Limmo, lying helplessly on the ground - No one except Cyclonus ..... He walked over to him. Limmo looked up at him weakly. He was absolutely petrified, still in pain, he frantically tried to get away and yell for help, but that hurt more. Cyclonus put his hand onto him. He could feel Limmo's intensive shivering.

"No ...." he wailed, his voice shivering. "Please don't hurt me .... Please don't kill me ...." Limmo now was crying.

"Relax, little Autobot," said Cyclonus. "I'm not going to."

Limmo had never felt so relieved in his life before, and was also surprised. He stopped crying.

"I couldn't help feeling sorry for you .... just lying there in pain, but I couldn't let anyone see me help you."

Cyclonus tried to pick Limmo up, but he crawled away.

"How do I know if you're telling the truth? .... " he said, dubious.

Cyclonus looked upset. "I wouldn't be risking my life to help you if I was lying now, would I? Trust me."

Limmo nodded. He let Cyclonus pick him up in his arms. He smiled, but was still a little dubious. Cyclonus transformed into his jet mode and flew with Limmo to Decepticon headquarters. He repaired him in his quarters.

"There you go" he said. "Feeling better?"

Limmo smiled. "Yes, thanks."

At that moment, Megatron entered Cyclonus' quarters and saw Limmo.

"CYCLONUS!!! YOU TRAITOR!!!!"

Megatron blasted Cyclonus with his fusion cannon.

Limmo gasped.

"Oh no ...." said Cyclonus quietly, worried.

Megatron glared at Cyclonus. "You disgust me ...."

"M .... Mega....tron ...." gasped Cyclonus. "You .... you don't understand ..... I-"

"WHAT??!! HOW DARE YOU BEFRIEND AN AUTOBOT!!!???"

Cyclonus said nothing. Megatron then grabbed his arm. Cyclonus tried to struggle free.

"Don't hurt him ....." said Limmo, looking at Megatron.

"I'll deal with you later, pathetic Autobot ...."

Megatron kicked Limmo in his shin and forced Cyclonus into a room and then locked the door.

"Megatron .... He was so small ..... so helpless, just lying there in pain .... I had to help him .... I just had to ...."

"THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN, CYCLONUS!!!! You are, or were a Decepticon. Autobots are our sworn enemies, no matter how small. A Decepticon feeling compassion for ANY of them is absolutely unthinkable. It's beyond me how you could've ever felt that way for an Autobot, even in the slightest - and if you felt sorry for him in all that pain, why didn't you just kill him? That would have ended it."

"No .... I .... I couldn't ..... He was so frightened and I knew I could help him. It won't happen again Megatron, I promise."

"Of course it won't."

Megatron blasted several times.

"Don't, Megatron ...." begged Cyclonus weakly.

"Do you think I'm going to give you any mercy, traitor?"

Megatron blasted several times again.

"Please .... Mega...tron ..... " he said weakly. "Ple...ease d-do...on't ...."

"Pathetic ...."

Megatron delivered one more blast. Limmo gasped as he had heard what had gone on. Nothing happened for a while.

"This is all my fault ..... Cyclonus was telling me the truth all this time ..... Ohh .... why didn't I believe him? .... I'm so stupid .... I hate myself ...."

Megatron walked out of the room and approached Limmo. The Autobot backed away from him, frightened.

"Pathetic Autobot ....." he said with disgust. He kicked Limmo and walked away. "I'll be back as soon as I recharge."

Limmo was lying on the floor, hurt. He put his arm gently over his stomach where Megatron had kicked him. He slowly stood up and walked into the room. He saw Cyclonus lying on the floor. He ran to him.

"Ohhh ..... I'm so sorry, Cyclonus ...... I hope you're still alive ...."

"It's .... it's all right, Li...mmo ....." said Cyclonus sounding very weak. "It .... it wasn't your fault ...."

Limmo gasped, thrilled that Cyclonus was still alive.

Cyclonus slowly stood up.

"I .... I have to get some acetonium. Limmo can you please see if Megatron's around? He thinks he killed me. If he sees me. He will kill me."

"Sure, Cyclonus."

Limmo looked around, but he couldn't see Megatron or any other Decepticons. Cyclonus walked slowly with him to the repair bay. Cyclonus wiped the blood off and dabbed some acetonium on himself.

"I .... I can't stay here" he said. "I'll get destroyed. It's too dangerous for both of us."

Cyclonus then took Limmo to a remote deserted Decepticon outpost.

"They won't find us here. No one comes here anymore."

Limmo smiled and sat on a ledge. Cyclonus offered him an energon cube.

"Thanks. I'm starving."

He drank less than a quarter of the cube and handed it back to Cyclonus. Cyclonus was surprised.

"I .... I don't eat much."

"You can say that again."

Cyclonus took the cube from Limmo and drank the rest of it.

"How old are you, Limmo?"

"About five days, eight hours. I'm the youngest Autobot. How old are you Cyclonus, if you don't mind me asking."

"Eight and a half years, four months, one week, two days and ten seconds."

Limmo smiled and sat on the ledge.

"I like my Autobot friends," he said, "especially Bumblebee and Optimus Prime. They're so kind, but some Autobots think I'm a wimp because I hate fighting and I'm very frightened of the Decepticons."

"Being scared doesn't make you a wimp, Limmo. You're just you."

"That's the nicest thing anyone ever said to me. Thank you, Cyclonus."

Cyclonus smiled.

He and Limmo spent a few days together in the outpost.

Limmo was growing quite attached to Cyclonus, his new friend.

"You're so understanding" Limmo said. "You're my best friend, Cyclonus."

Cyclonus looked at Limmo in surprise.

"Thank you. I've never had a best friend before. Uh... You're mine too."

Limmo smiled and hugged Cyclonus. Cyclonus put his hand on Limmo's back.

"Cyclonus, I'm sorry about the time when Megatron hurt you.... I'm really, really sorry."

Cyclonus turned around. Now was the time.

"You should be sorry, Limmo, -- sorry you ever trusted a Decepticon --"

Cyclonus picked up his oxidating laser gun and pointed it at Limmo. Limmo was confused at first, then became frightened.

"Cyclonus ..... What ... uh ....?"

"If you think I'd actually befriend an Autobot, you're stupider than I thought."

Limmo didn't know what to say. He looked at the floor and cried.

"You pathetic, gullible, little Autobot .... My plan worked perfectly ....."

Cyclonus kicked him. Limmo lay helpless on the floor, crying, both frightened and upset. He tried to make a run for the door, but Cyclonus stopped him. Limmo sat on the floor, shivering, crying, helpless.

"Don't hurt me ...." he begged.

"Pathetic Autobot .... I rigged this whole thing so I could kill you. I could've killed you where I found you - but I wanted to have some fun .... I must admit, I had a bit of help from Megatron."

"But he blasted you and ...."

"The whole thing was a charade. He shot the wall, you goit."

"Please don't kill me ...."

Tears streamed down his cheeks. Cyclonus smiled evilly.

"I will enjoy this ...."

He blasted several times at Limmo's legs. Limmo cried out in pain, and held his wounds.

"PLEASE STOP!!!"

"Never!"

Cyclonus continued to blast him - Each time a direct hit. Limmo screamed with pain. Blood was everywhere. Limmo fell helplessly onto the floor. His tough metal skin compensated a little for his extremely limited strength. Cyclonus blasted him a few more times. Limmo moved a little. Cyclonus blasted him once more. Limmo stopped moving. He was dead.

"This was too easy ....." said Cyclonus, with an evil smile.

He then took Limmo's mutilated chassis out of the outpost, flew past Autobot headquarters and dumped him. Cyclonus laughed quietly and returned to Decepticon headquarters.

"Mission accomplished, Megatron .... It was so easy .... He was so scared he didn't even fight back ...."

Megatron laughed evilly.

"What did you do with his chassis?"

"What was left of him, I dumped outside Autobot headquarters. I can't wait to see those Autobots' faces when they see him ...."

Megatron smiled. "Do you think they can repair him?"

"Did they ever fix Humpty Dumpty?"

Megatron smiled. "All Prime's horses and all Prime's men...."

 

* * *

Blue Streak, an Autobot walked outside Autobot headquarters.

"Where is that wimpy Limmo?" he thought to himself. "Trust him to get lost ..... We've already wasted enough time searching for him ...."

He saw some yellow metal glinting in the sunlight, in a patch of grass. "What's that?" He went to investigate. He was absolutely shocked, dropped his ion-charge disperser rifle and gasped. He gently picked up Limmo's body and parts and rushed him inside. He couldn't help feeling sorry for him and felt guilty about teasing him.

"Prime! .... Prime!"

Optimus quickly came to him.

"What is it, Blue Streak?"

The other Autobot turned around and showed Optimus. Optimus gasped and was equally shocked and almost threw up.

"Who could do this? ...."

"The Decepticons, Blue Streak," answered Optimus Prime.

"But why ....? .... I mean ...."

"Who knows? But when I find out who did this, they will answer to me. Quickly - get him to Ratchet. I hope he can save him."

Blue Streak nodded and rushed Limmo to the repair bay.

"I don't know ... It looks bad ...."

Optimus Prime entered came into the repair bay.

"Do everything you can for him, Ratchet. Also, please make a full analysis of his wounds."

"Yes, Prime."

Ratchet spent hours trying to repair Limmo. Finally after a few more hard hours, he had Limmo's body back intact, then slowly re-energised him. Optimus Prime came into the repair bay.

"How's Limmo?"

"I've repaired him as best as I can. I analyed his wounds. Numerous blasts to his upper and lower chassis. Not sure of the exact weapon used."

"Then we won't be able to find out who did this, unless Limmo can tell us."

Optimus looked sympathetically at Limmo, lying on the bed and gently held his hand. Limmo slowly began to reactivate. He sat up with a start and began screaming loudly.

"Please don't hurt me!! Don't kill me! .... Please ...." he screamed.

Limmo tried to push Optimus Prime away from him.

"Limmo, it's all right ...." calmed Optimus gently. "You're safe now."

"Ohhh ...." gasped Limmo with utter relief, "it's you, Optimus ...." He hugged him.

Optimus Prime gently comforted him. "What happened?"

Limmo tried hard not to cry and started from the beginning. How he was wounded in the battle and how Cyclonus helped him.

"He was pretending to be my friend," said Limmo. "I thought he really was ...." Tears steamed down his cheeks.

"Cyclonus did this to you?" asked Optimus Prime.

Limmo nodded, drying his optical sensors.

"How could Cyclonus be so cruel? How could anyone be so cruel? ...." he thought, shocked.

"You're safe now, Limmo," he said again. "I'll make sure Cyclonus never does that to you again or anyone else for that matter."

Limmo smiled. Optimus Prime walked with him to the energon room, sat him on a ledge and gave him a small energon cube.

"This size is made especially for you, Limmo."

The small Autobot smiled. "Thank you, Optimus Prime."

He drank the entire cube, feeling grateful to be home safe - and alive.

A few days later, another an Autobot/Decepticon battle was being fought. At the end of the battle, Optimus Prime saw Cyclonus, about to retreat with the other Decepticons. He aimed his laser rifle at him and blasted him twice, then walked to Cyclonus, lying on the ground. Cyclonus looked around and saw Optimus pointing his laser rifle at him in a threatening manner.

"Prime ..... you wouldn't shoot an unarmed Decepticon who's down .... would you? ...."

"You wouldn't kill a helpless, frightened, defenceless little Autobot would you?"

Before Cyclonus could say anything, Optimus blasted him twice in his chest. Cyclonus tried to transform and take off, but Optimus Prime blasted him again.

"Don't, Prime ...."

"And why not? You showed no mercy for Limmo whatsoever. You didn't even give him a chance."

"Prime, I ...."

"Quiet. I've a good mind to terminate you right now ... Frightened, Cyclonus? Limmo was absolutely petrified and did you care? No." Optimus blasted him again.

"No more, Prime ..... I won't do it again. I promise ...."

"Limmo trusted you and look what you did to him."

"I won't do it again, if it's going to jeopardise my life."

"Typical of a Decepticon, but all right, Cyclonus, this time only - If you EVER do this to Limmo or ANY other Autobot, again, I'll do more than just blast you and that's a promise."

And as everyone knew, Optimus Prime never broke his promises. "Okay, Prime. You've made your point."

Optimus lowered his laser rifle. Cyclonus slowly stood up and flew unsteadily away. Optimus walked to Limmo, put his laser rifle down and knelt down next to him.

"Cyclonus won't be bothering you again, Limmo. I made sure of that. I wish I hadn't had to hurt and threaten him, but sometimes the only way to get through to the Decepticons is with violence."

"Thanks, Optimus," said Limmo, surprised.

"What is it, Limmo?" asked Optimus, puzzled by the surprised tone in his voice.

"I'm grateful to you for helping me and for sacrificing your-"

"Limmo," said Optimus, "it was a small sacrifice. I hate violence. I only use it when it's necessary. I have tried to reason with the Decepticons, and believe me - it does not work. I just wish all the violence will end someday soon."

"So do I."

Blue Streak walked past them in the corridor.

"You mean you actually trusted a Decepticon?!"

"Blue Streak, I am only nine and a half days old. I have a lot to learn. I admit I was gullible, but never again. I'll learn more as I get older."

"Yeah, you're right. Sorry."

"It's all right" smiled Limmo. "Everyone has a lot to learn about me too."

Optimus Prime smiled and stood up.

"Go join the others in the control room" he said.

Limmo smiled back at him and headed for the control room, happy to be amongst his true friends.

 

*

 

 

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Back to Seawave’s Original Character Page {Autobots}

 

Back to Autobot Page

 

Back to Transformers Page