Disclaimers:  Transformers are owned by Hasbro.

 

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic/fanart.

 

Summary:  Another story about Marvel's Dreadwind

 

Rating - PG - Humour

 

~~~~~~

 

 

THE LETTER

 

 

A letter was written to Dreadwind, (who was at the time, working for Marvel Comics) by a female correspondent, by the initials R.C.  At the end of it, the letter said:  PS Publish this letter or I'll get Metroplex to stomp on you.

 

Well - Dreadwind didn't publish the letter- He wasn't afraid of the empty threat - a whole lot of rubbish as far as he was concerned.

 

Dreadwind sat in his dwelling, lazily, sitting in a large chair,  drinking a can of oil.

  "Dreadwind."

The Decepticon heard his name called, but wasn't bothered about it.  "Go away, I'm busy."

Metroplex angrily tore the roof of Dreadwind's house off.  Astonished, Dreadwind dropped the half finished oil canister.

 "M ...Metroplex! ..." he exclaimed trembling.

The extremely large Autobot grabbed Dreadwind in his hand.

 "Lemme go ... lemme go ..." panicked Dreadwind, trying to struggle free.

 "No " said Metroplex firmly. "I'm gonna stomp on you for not publishing that girl's letter."

  "NO!!" yelled Dreadwind, terrified.

Metroplex hurled him onto the ground and was about to stomp on him.

 "Don't do it, Metroplex ... please ..." he begged.

Metroplex lifted his foot up, just about to stomp.  Dreadwind was terrified. Dreadwind looked up at Metroplex, crying.

   "No ... please ..." he wailed pathetically. "I'll find the letter ... Please ... I promise I'll print it in the next issue ... please..."

  "Okay. Find the letter and print it and I won't kill you. If you don't then I will."

 "Uh ... I'll find and print it, Metro."

  "That's Metroplex to you."

 

 "I gotta find it ... " Dreadwind said to himself. "I have no desire to be stomped down into Deceptisushi by Metroplex."

He frantically began sifting through the garbage bins in his house, but He couldn't find it.  "No ... No ... " he said, feeling very frightened. "It's not here ... what am I gonna do??? ... oshitoshit..."  Dreadwind realised that he'd thrown it out.

  "What am I gonna tell Metroplex? ..."

 

 "Where's the letter, Dreadwind? I'd expected to see it printed by now."

 "Uh ... I'm still looking for it," lied Dreadwind. "I can't find it. I'll go and look in my files."

Dreadwind pretended to look in all his files.   He wished he's just misplaced it, but no ...

 "Find that letter," Metroplex demanded.  "... tonight."

Dreadwind was terrified. What could he do??? He pretended to search aimlessly.  He waited until Metroplex's attention had turned away with boredom and made a run for it.

 

Later, Metroplex couldn't find Dreadwind and guessed that he'd done a runner.  Metroplex was furious at himself for letting that happen.  He began to search for Dreadwind and finally found him.

 "Avoiding me is lethal, Dreadwind" he said. "I'm gonna kill you now ..."

Dreadwind was absolutely terrified. Metroplex harshly grabbed him.

 "No ..." he begged.

 "No way, Dreadwind."

Metroplex threw him onto the ground and placed his foot on to of him.

 "NO ... PLEASE!!!!" screamed Dreadwind, petrified and frantic.

 "Then find that letter!" said Metroplex, giving him another chance.

He took Dreadwind back home. Dreadwind didn't know how to tell Metroplex that he had destroyed the letter.  He was really frightened. Dreadwind wished Metroplex would leave him alone.

  "Are you sure you still have this damn letter?"

Dreadwind didn't know what to say.

 "I burnt it!" he blurted. "I didn't know ... I ... "

Dreadwind ran away, but Metroplex grabbed him.

 "Well, you can't print the letter now, so I'm gonna have to stomp on you."

  "NO!!" shrieked Dreadwind, petrified.

 "I'm sick of this, Dreadwind," Metroplex said. "All this waiting. I'm gonna kill you ..."

  "Please don't, Metroplex ... Please ..."

He had be desire to be crushed under Metroplex's foot. Metroplex weighed thousands more tones than he did.

Dreadwind hadn't realised just how tired he was and collapsed with exhaustion in front of Metroplex. Metroplex was a little angry, but he wasn't going to be unreasonable. He sighed and let Dreadwind replenish his energies.

 "You act like a 'cool dude' when you answer the humans' letters, but you're nothing but a pathetic wimp."

Dreadwind became angry.  "Well if some idiot that was masses bigger than you was gonna stomp on you, you'd be frightened too!"

Metroplex ignored the Decepticon's words and started to crush him under his foot.

 "NO!!!" screamed Dreadwind, trying to push Metroplex's foot away, but his strength was no match for the massive Autobot.

Metroplex took his foot off Dreadwind and before the Decepticon had a chance to feel utter relief for Metroplex not crushing him, Metroplex whacked him, and which knocked him out.

 

Later Dreadwind regained consciousness, and began to leave the house.

  "Just where do you think you're going?"

  "To work.  I am the letters editor you know - I’ll be back."

  "You'd better."

Dreadwind arrived at the Marvel House.

  "You're late."

  "I've had a hell of an ordeal, Stubbie, so why don't you just shut up, or I'll link you to the VVH."  Dreadwind stomped to his office.

The editor looked after him.  "Transformer PMT?"

Dreadwind took a swig of castrol '79 with an olive to calm his nerves, and began picking the best letters, but the first thing he wrote on his editorial page was "To the girl who wrote me a letter a couple of weeks ago - Sorry, but I burnt you letter.  I get so many of them - now will you please call the big galoof off?! (Metroplex, I mean).  Thank you.

 

Metroplex didn't know whether to be mad or amused when he read the Dread Tidings page.

  "Good idea ... worm your way out ..."

  "Well, it was the best I could do for the girl and to not have you stomp on me."

  "I can still stomp on you if I choose."

Dreadwind, became uneasy and really didn't want to end up as tin foil.  "I've got some energon cubes you can have, Metroplex ..."

  "I'm not open to bribes."

Dreadwind became frantic. Metroplex was coming closer to him. Dreadwind was backing away.

  "I ... I I'll give you your very own letters page in the Transformers comic. You can call it 'Metro's Moments' or anything you like ..." It was all he could offer Metroplex.

Metroplex hesitated.

 "Come on, Metroplex ... I mean it's a great deal. We can cut out a page of adverts so you can have your letters page and the Hume's'll like it heaps better."

  "No thanks, I got better things to do.  It was fun scaring you..."  Metroplex grinned.

  "You mean you weren't going to ..."

Metroplex let out a laugh that shook Dreadwind's house.  “I’m an Autobot you tool.  I wouldn’t stomp on a poor, pathetic defenceless enemy.  Hey, Arcee wrote a great letter, don't you think?"

  "Arcee?!  What?!  I hate you..."

Metroplex smirked and left Dreadwind, the Decepticon not knowing whether to be furious or amused.

 

Dreadwind later received a letter, the end line, reading: If you don't print this letter, I'll get Metroplex to kiss you!

 

He definitely printed it.  To which he replied:  Yuck - you Humes are gross creatures, you know that??  And if this is you Metro - DON'T YOU DARE!!!

 

Dreadwind put his feet up on his desk.  "I love my job!”

 

 

*

 Back to Decepticon Page

 

Back to Transformers Page