Disclaimers: Transformers are owned by Hasbro.

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic/fanart.

Summary: Laser's profile and story.

Author's Note: Laser created by Seawave

Rating - M for death scene

~~~~~~~~~~~

LASER

ALLEGIANCE: DECEPTICON

FUNCTION:  WARRIOR

"I'm not as bas as you think - I'm worse."

"I can do everything myself."

Profile: Thinks she can do everything herself. Anyone who tries to offer her assistance, is likely to get blasted. Laser hates anyone insulting her. She may be small, but she's not weak. She won't hesitate to try to destroy anyone who insults her. She loves watching violent movies and loves fighting - surprise attacks, her speciality. She loves fighting so much that she wonders what she's going to do if all the Autobots get destroyed. Incidentally, she would prefer to fight the Autobots forever rather than accomplish `conquest of the universe.' Laser loves a challenge. She is very good at spy missions, due to her size. There's no challenge too much for her to try. Gets angry when she is unable to do something. And she won't accept help from others. She's an excellent escape artist. Has been known to escape from Autobot maximum security prison cells without setting off a single alarm. She has a very short temper. She despises Sputnik, but that's only because she's so much like her.

Abilities: Laser may be small, but she's quite powerful. In F-15 jet mode, her maximum speed is Mach 10, range 8000 miles. In jet mode, Laser has two laser cannons. She emits a powerful back blast from her tail engines. In robot mode, her arms can transform into dual laser blaster cannons. Also has optical lasers in robot mode.

Weaknesses: Laser, due to her small size, isn't much good with hand to hand combat. Her physical strength is limited. She's practically defenceless when her weapons glitch. Sometimes her daring can get her into situations which she can't handle alone and her refusal to accept help can lead to embarrassing and sometimes dangerous situations. Laser feels she has to defend herself against her weaknesses. "It's not my fault I'm smaller than you..." and so forth.

-- TECH SPECS --

STRENGTH -- 5 INTELLIGENCE -- 6

SPEED -- 8 RANK -- 5

ENDURANCE -- 7 COURAGE -- 8

FIREPOWER -- 7 SKILL -- 5

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

LASER

 

"You? Beat me, Laser?" laughed Starscream. "You couldn't lift a featheroid!"

Laser transformed her arms into plasma energy blasters and blasted Starscream twice in his stomach. The larger Decepticon fell to the floor, unconscious. Laser looked down at him with a satisfied smirk on her face. "Say what?"

Megatron came into the main control room and saw Starscream lying on the floor.

Laser looked up at Megatron and smiled. "Let's just say we had a little disagreement ..."

Megatron smiled. "I like you."

            * * *

The following day, a battle raged between the Autobots and Decepticons. Laser loved fighting. It created a sense of worth in her, and not to mention gave her kicks. She transformed into her F-15 jet fighter mode and blasted at the Autobots, then transformed into her robot mode and fired at them, using her arms as blasters. She was fast and her small size and agility in battle made her hard to get. She liked to fight with the female Autobots, but she wouldn't destroy them. She thought the more women in the war the better!

Laser knew she was nowhere near as strong as Optimus Prime, the Autobot leader, but she loved trying to fight him, although he was a sight better fighter than her. Laser found fighting him a real challenge and felt satisfied every time she got the better of him more than she did the last time. She treated it like a computer game. The Autobots tired but found it impossible to capture her.

The battle was a no win - no lose situation.

"You were excellent in battle, Laser," congratulated Megatron, back at Decepticon headquarters.

Laser felt wonderful to be thought of highly by her leader. "Thank you, Megatron. It comes naturally."

In the next battle, the Autobots with a lot of difficulty, managed to corner Laser. She was quite small, but also quite tough and powerful for her size and was quite viciously aggressive and fast.

The Autobots managed to win the battle. Optimus Prime didn't want to hurt her. He adjusted his laser rifle to stun and blasted her, then picked her up and carried her into Autobot headquarters. He tied her wrists together with an energon band and put her in a prison cell.

Laser, a few minutes later, regained consciousness. "Let me go, you Autocreep!"

She tried to transform her arms into her plasma energy blasters, but couldn't and could not transform into her F-15 mode either. "What do you want with me?" she snarled angrily.

"Calm down" said Optimus Prime. "Don't be afraid. Nobody's going to hurt you."

"Who said I was afraid, Prime? Let me out of here - now!"

Optimus prime left the cell.

"Monitor," he said. "I want you to interrogate her. Make sure she answers all your questions truthfully."

"Affirmative, Prime."

He entered into the cell.

"What do you want, Diskhead?" demanded Laser.

"Insults not necessary," Monitor said, his voice cold and he began to interrogate her.

"Why should I answer any of your questions?" she asked angrily.

"I am merely interrogating you. Why won't you co-operate?"

"Why should I co-operate with you?"

Laser was making Monitor lose his patience.

"Because," he replied angrily, "I am holding a gun, the business end which has a projectile trajectory which will project a harmful charge into your chassis."

"You could've just said you were gonna shoot me."

She knew she had no choice. She answered all Monitors questions.

"There. I've answered all your stupid questions. Are you going to let me go now, Autobot?"

"My name is Monitor."

"That's not what I wanted to know. Are you going to let me go?"

"I'll have to discuss that data with Optimus Prime."

"Well discuss it and be quick about it, V.D.U."

"I told you my name is Monitor."

"Monitor, V.D.U ... same thing isn't it?"

The Autobot grunted angrily and left the cell and found Optimus Prime.

"She answered all the questions - reluctantly" he said.

"Thank you, Monitor."

"A pleasure, Prime."

Optimus Prime smiled, then freed Laser's arms.

"What are you doing?" she asked, harsh.

"Letting you go. I don't need to keep you here anymore. We Autobots only keep prisoners if we need to."

Laser quickly transformed her arms into her plasma energy blasters and blasted Optimus Prime twice in his chest and stomach. Optimus fell backwards, then quickly stood up and grabbed Laser's arms. Laser violently tried to struggle free.

"That's gratitude for you. Jeez, you're an aggressive thing. Calm down."

"I don't wanna calm down!" Laser spat.

She tried to struggle free again. Optimus tightened his grip a little on her arms.

"All right, Prime. You win..." she snarled angrily.

"I'm not trying to 'win' anything."

He took her outside and then released her. Laser transformed into her jet fighter mode and took off then she used her powerful back blasting tail engines to blast Optimus Prime in his stomach before she left. Optimus fell backwards.

"Optimus Prime!" exclaimed Silverbolt. "Are you all right?!"

"Affirmative " replied Optimus, slowly standing up. "I'm okay. It still hurts a little though."

"What a bitch!"

"Cliffjumper, don't swear."

"Sorry, Prime."

Optimus Prime put his arm over his stomach.

"Quite tough for her size" he said. "I guess I underestimated her a little ..."

            * * *

The next day Laser was walking in the street. She walked for a while.

"There's a sissy female Decepticon Transformer ..." mocked a guy.

Laser turned around with her hands on her hips.

"Oooohhh ... she's a Decepticon ... I'm so scared ... Mommy!" he said sarcastically. "Hey, you girl ... bet you don't have any guts ..."

"I'd like to see your guts " snarled Laser, transforming her arm into her plasma energy blaster, blasting at the guy. He jumped out of the way. He then ran away from her. She knew she could easily catch him by transforming into her jet mode, but that was too easy. She ran after him. The guy ran into a small forest, off the side of the road. Laser chased after him. A while into the forest, the guy tripped and fell into a small ditch. He hurt his leg and couldn't get up. Laser caught up to him. She pointed her arm blaster at him.

"Hey ... wait ... little lady ... no offence ... I didn't mean to ... I ... I-"

"Any last requests?" cut in Laser.

The guy was terrified. "Yeah ... one ... please don't kill me..."

Laser looked down at the helpless Human.

"Beee! Wrong answer! Request denied! --"

Laser's plasma blasts were the last things he saw and heard before ...

Laser looked down at his mutilated body.

"Well whaddya know - he did have some guts after all."

Laser laughed, then flew home to Decepticon headquarters.

            * * *

Megatron gave Laser a spying mission to spy on the Autobots. She managed to sneak inside Autobot headquarters with no difficulty at all. She was a good spy and learned of an ancient Autobot secret. She was leaving to inform Megatron. All of a sudden, the Autobot security alarm sounded. Optimus Prime saw Laser leaving.

"She must've learned of our the secret ... We have to get her. That secret must not fall into Decepticon hands ..."

Optimus Prime strapped on his jet pack and flew after her.

Laser was flying through a violent storm in her robot mode. A sudden bolt of lightning hit her in the side of her head at pointblank range. She fell out of the sky and crashed onto the ground. Her head was bleeding heavily.

Optimus was flying after her. His scanners detected her dead ahead. Optimus then saw her, lying on the side of the road and flew down to her.

"She's badly wounded ... She may even be dead. I can't leave her like this ... I hope I can help her ..."

He gently picked her up and flew as fast as he could to Autobot headquarters.

"What happened, Prime?" asked Cliffjumper.

"She was blasted by lightning. She's been badly damaged. I don't know if I can repair her."

"Why help a Decepticon?"

"I can't stand back and watch her die, even if she is our enemy."

Cliffjumper respected Optimus Prime's decision. The Autobot leader carried Laser into the repair bay and lay her gently on the bed and began to repair her. It was an extremely difficult and delicate operation. Her head was small and her brain was badly damaged.

After many hours, of difficult, gentle work, Optimus had Laser's brain operational. He had the ancient Autobot secret from her memory. He waited patiently for Laser to regain consciousness. She finally came to and sat up on the bed with a start.

"What am I doing here?!"

"I've just spent sixteen hours repairing you" replied Optimus Prime.

"Repairing me? Why?"

"Your brain was badly damaged by a lightning bolt. You were dying."

"You ... you saved my life?"

Optimus nodded.

"But why?"

"You needed my help. I was your only hope."

"But why did you repair me, Prime? I'm your enemy."

"I know, but I couldn't sit back and watch anyone die, even if they are my enemy."

Laser was astounded. "Thank you ..."

Optimus smiled. "I've never seen you this calm in your life before."

Laser smiled back at him. Optimus handed her an energon cube.

"What's this for?" she asked.

"You haven't had anything to eat for hours. You must be starving."

Laser began to drink the cube.

"Slowly, Laser. It's not going to grow wings and fly away."

Laser smiled, and slowed down until she had finished the cube. She then looked at Optimus Prime.

"Come to think of it" she said, "you are kinda cute, Prime."

"Thank you, Laser, " he said, a little embarrassed.

He then let her go.

"Thanks again, Prime" she said. "I guess I owe you one."

Optimus Prime smiled as she flew off without blasting him this time.

Laser arrived at Decepticon headquarters.

"Laser!" exclaimed Megatron. "Where have you been?!"

"I was blasted by a bolt of lightning, Megatron," she replied, "but Optimus Prime repaired me."

"Prime?"

"Yeah. He said he couldn't let anyone die."

"How typical ... Did you find out any information?"

"Yeah, I did, but the lightning blast musta wiped it from memory."

Megatron was angry, but chose not to punish her - namely - it wasn't her fault. Laser apologised to him and walked into her quarters.

She was grateful to Optimus Prime for saving her life and respected him for that and wondered how and if she would repay him.

She then went into the energon storage room. There was one cube in there. Laser was about to take it.

"Not so fast" said Thrust. "I want that cube."

Laser did not want to give it to him.

"Give it to me before I blast you" Thrust threatened.

"Piss off, Thrust! I want it!"

Thrust blasted at her. Laser jumped out of the way and on top of him. She punched him in his face. Thrust tried to throw her off him. Laser wouldn't let him and transformed her arms into her plasma energy cannons.

"You wouldn't blast me ... " said Thrust confidently. "You're a girl. Girls are too genteel ..."

"Where on Cybertron did ya hear that crap?"

She blasted him in his face and chest, causing a pain and unconsciousness. She then was about to take the energon cube. Brawl, another Decepticon, tried to take it from her, then looked down.

"What happened to Thrust?!" he exclaimed.

"Oh, nothing. He just tried to take my energon cube" replied Laser airily.

"It's your cube, Little Lady ... your cube " the Combaticon left.

Laser smiled and drank the cube, then went to Soundwave.

"We're outta energon again."

Soundwave was sitting in the computer room, working on a program and he nodded, wearily.

"Hey," Laser smiled, "get some rest - you look like you need it." Soundwave was among the few Decepticons she respected, apart from Megatron, Ravage, Thundercracker, and Rumble and Frenzy - because they were small and tough - like her!

Soundwave smiled at Laser - one of his few genuine smiles. "I'd like to, but Megatron wants this-"

"He's your friend. He's not going to jump on you if you don't get it done tonight."

Soundwave nodded. "You are right," and he closed up shop. "Thank you - I'll take your suggestion and get some R & R."

Laser smiled and left the room. She walked into her quarters, lay on her resting ledge, thinking about Optimus Prime, the Decepticons she respected and glad she'd finally managed to gain some respect amongst the other Decepticons. Perhaps one day Starscream would look at her twice ... She could only hope.

 

*

 

*

 

 Back to Decepticon Page

 

Back to Transformers Page