Disclaimer:  Knight Rider was created by Glen A. Larson.

 

 

Summary:  In response to a challenge, how Bonnie says goodbye when she leaves the Federation.

 

 

Rating  PG  - Drama

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

KNIGHT RIDER

 

 

DEAR K.I.T.T.

 

 

 

Dearest Kitt,

 

Oh Gods, I don't know where to begin ... I'm writing this letter to you, because I know I will never be able to say it out loud without breaking down.

 

I feel I must move on.  A lot has happened here at FLAG ... and I feel I need a change.  I will miss you, Michael and Devon terribly, you most of all, but I feel I need to grow, to learn, and that is why I have accepted the application.  I don't know where it will lead, perhaps back here even, but I feel I must venture out.

 

FLAG has been a dream come true, when Devon offered me the position as Chief Technician, I kept hoping I would never wake up.  And I never did.  Finally, I was able to stand on my own two feet and prove myself, as opposed to running around for some office bigot's coffee, or some other boss who couldn't stop looking at my chest.  I try not to have any reservations, it's not good to harbour negative thoughts.

 

Wilton Knight was a saint and in many ways like a father to me.  Yes, one man can make a difference.  

 

At first I was afraid that I would make mistakes because I was so nervous.  Devon would come to me, smile and help me establish myself.  I've come a long way from that timid little girl.

 

Working for FLAG improved my self esteem, I believed in myself more, and needless to say, I was able to put food on my table and not worry about where the rent money was coming from.

 

I enjoyed my work tremendously and never once have I been asked for coffee or a quickie.  

 

I learned the systems of FLAG inside and out and its altruistic message.  At last, a firm to help the underdogs that society have forgotten.

 

I got more and more into my duties, familiarising myself with more and more of FLAG's operations.  I knew the place like the back of my hand ...  I lost myself in my work.  Machines are often easier to work with than people.

 

And then they brought me a car, a black Trans-Am, its owner had been shot and was in recovery, I was told.  I'm sure you've already guessed, that car was you, Kitt.

 

Even before myself and the FLAG technicians designed one circuit of your inner workings, I sensed there was something special about you.  The first time I touched your pitch black hood, I felt it.  You were special, Kitt, even before you became sentient, perhaps you were lying dormant, a soul waiting to be reborn.

 

I threw myself with passion into your design and hardly looked up to eat until you were finished.  I will miss working on you, Kitt, fixing you ... You are very therapeutic.

 

I know Pride is one of the seven deadly sins, but I couldn't help it.  When you were finally finished.  I would hardly let anyone touch you except Devon  J

 

Though I knew you were Michael's and my greatest fear was that he would treat you like a thing, you were his 'car' after all.  I had great reservations about him, at first I can tell you, but seeing how you two got on, you were inseparable.  I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't a tad jealous, but I could see that he would never harm you... despite making you Turbo Boost through concrete amongst other things ...

 

If I fussed over you too much, Kitt, it's because I love you. You are so much more to me than my creation.   You are the child I never had, the friend I always wanted and the comfort I had always needed.

 

Kitt, I feel terrible leaving you, like this, I don't want to hurt you.  Although I will visit and you are more than welcome to visit me at the university, I will miss you dearly.

 

Michael will be with you, and he better take care of you or there'll be trouble!  J

 

Although I may be leaving, Kitt, my soul will always be with you, and you will always be by my side, in my thoughts and heart, and I will never forget how special you are.

 

One car can make a difference.

 

 

All my love

 

 

Bonnie    xoox

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Back to Knight Rider Page