Disclaimer:  Knight Rider was created by Glen A. Larson.

 

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic.

 

Summary.  KITT’s thoughts on the death of KARR.  Set after K.I.T.T. Vs K.A.R.R.

 

Rating PG

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

KNIGHT RIDER

 

 

GOOD KNIGHT, K.A.R.R.

 

 

Michael and I returned from a mission today where he was forced to kill someone. I asked him how it felt, he told me I wouldn’t know, but I do know.  Recently I was forced to kill KARR.  I had no other choice.  KARR was for want of a better word, my brother.  He was my prototype.  Yes, he was an evil, cruel and unsavoury character, but I am forced to wonder, could he have been more?  Was he given a chance to be more? 

 

I recall our first encounter, he was taken by two thugs.  Those criminals abused KARR’s abilities using him in robberies and other crimes, making him more of a danger than he already was.  The second time he was similarly abused, though it is fair to say he did his own amount of abusing.  I am forced to wonder, what if he was taken by someone who would not have abused him?   He never had anyone like Michael.  Affirmative, his programming made him a danger, but what if he could have been reprogrammed?

 

By the time of our second encounter it was too late.  KARR was full of hate and had a yearning for revenge against FLAG.  My feeling is he was still angry with the late Wilton Knight for his incarceration, but there had been no other way at the time and he definitely nursed a grudge for myself and Michael.

 

  “I have seen death and it’s not pretty,” I told my partner.  “I’ve seen good and bad guys die, Michael.”

  “I know, Kitt, but you’ve never killed a human being before.”

  “No, Michael, not a human.”

  “Kitt?” Michael enquired.

  “I was thinking about KARR.  I have killed before, Michael, and I know just how you feel.  I realise KARR was not human, but I was still forced to kill as you were.”

  “Kitt you never said anything about it.”

  “I thought you and Devon would gust regale me with how evil Karr was and how much of a danger he was, believe me, Michael I know and if I had to do it again, I would, to protect human life, but I am forced to wonder could Karr have been more?”

Michael sighed.  “I guess we’ll never know, Kitt.”

It was a truth I had to accept.  We would never know.

  “But don’t blame yourself for it, Kitt, you had no other choice, and Kitt I don’t blame you for the way you feel, though you could have told me, Devon or Bonnie.”

  “Thank you, Michael.   It’s good to know I have friends I can count on, but for now I would like some time alone.”

  “Sure thing, Partner.”

  “Thank you, Michael.”

 

I drove to the spot of KARR’s destruction.  Most of his parts had been cleaned away, though a little of the debris still remained.  I remained there for over an hour. One hour, twenty five minutes and fifteen seconds to be exact.  I took one last look before I drove back to Michael.

  “Good night, Karr.”

 

 

*

 

Back to Knight Rider Page