Disclaimers: Transformers are owned by Hasbro.

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic

Summary: Soundwave falls in love with an Elven woman

Author's Note: Prix's name is pronounced as it is written, not as Pree, as in Grand Prix

Rating - PG

~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

COME UPON THIS GOLDEN HOUR

 

The Decepticons had discovered a planet far outside Earth's solar system. Its sun was soon due to go nova. The particular planet was rich in a mineral which the Decepticons wanted to power their space cruiser. Burmalite crystals lasted much longer than an Energon power source. Due to the sun's expansion, the planet was already dying and it was thought that all inhabitants had become extinct.

Megatron had been painstakingly cautious as not to let the Autobots find out what he was up to and, fortunately for him, they hadn't. Within a day, the Decepticon Space Cruiser was on the way to the planet.

On arrival, Soundwave performed a scan, but could not pinpoint exactly where the Burmalite deposits were located.

"Wonderful.." Megatron snarled. "How're we supposed to find it? Even with Scavenger's assistance..."

Alien Vessel, came a female voice, seemingly out of nowhere. We have detected you in orbit of Sivart. You must leave this solar system immediately. Avona Major is about to go Nova!

"Where did that come from?" Megatron asked.

"The being is telepathic," Soundwave said. "Broadcasting on a wide band."

"A friendly warning," Thundercracker said.

"Open a channel," Megatron ordered.

"Done," Soundwave said.

Megatron spoke to the alien. "I'm well aware of the status of your sun," he snapped. I have business with your planet. We've come for Burmalite. If you try to stop us, you shall be destroyed."

Megatron heard laughter and became angry.

The female spoke again, this time over the channel. "This whole place'll be destroyed in under five time units. Take the whole damn planet if you want. I don't really care. Why should I want to stop you?"

Megatron realised how stupid his threat must've sounded to her and became angry with himself for making such a foolish mistake, but what was done was done.

"I can give you what you want," she said. "Save you searching for it. I shall provide coordinates."

"Very well."

Megatron waited until the coordinates came up on the screen.

Megatron left Scavenger and Thundercracker in charge of the cruiser while he and Soundwave boarded the shuttle. Megatron wasn't sure he trusted the telepathic female.

The shuttle landed outside a destroyed complex. The one who had contacted them telepathically gave instructions on how to reach her - underground.

"Welcome," she spoke aloud. The native greeted the visitors when they arrived. Quite petite, she stood about knee high to Megatron and possessed pleasant elf-like features.

"Where is the Burmalite?" Megatron demanded.

"I'll give it to you on one condition," she said.

"And what is that?" Megatron asked, growing more impatient.

"Take us with you when you leave."

"Us? There are more of you?"

"Just Ritzi and I. No one else survived."

A bulky red and white robot, a little larger than the elf woman came into view.

Soundwave nodded to Megatron.

"Agreed," the Decepticon Leader said. "Now where is the-"

"Here," she replied, lifting the lid on a large crate, filled with glimmering red crystals. She closed and locked it. "It's all the Burmalite left on the planet. The other was either exhausted or destroyed by the expanding sun."

"What are you guys waitin' for?" Ritzi demanded. "Like the sun's about to blow."

Megatron did not like her impertinence, but chose to ignore it for now - more pressing concerns were at stake. He lifted the crate, but now without some effort, although he was determined not to show how heavy it really was, but had a feeling the telepathic woman could probably tell anyway.

Had she known of her rescue, Prix would have had time to pack a few things, but she knew the future brought many surprises, be they pleasant or otherwise.

When outside, Ritzi altered her mode and became a ground transport.

"You're a Transformer," Megatron said is surprise.

"As are you," the elf woman said.

Soundwave nodded, again surprised by her apparent intelligence. He picked her up and flew with her to the shuttle. There was no time to waste. The Decepticons and natives arrived at the shuttle.

"Strap yourselves in," Megatron said.

The two did not show how relieved they were to have been rescued, even if their 'saviour' didn't seem to care what happened to them.

"Blast off!"

The shuttle docked with the cruiser. Megatron stashed the Burmalite in a secure compartment for the journey to Earth.

"Get us out of here," Megatron ordered, urgency in his voice.

Once clear of the planet, Megatron ordered a full stop. He knew he wasn't the only one curious to see a super nova.

At a safe distance, they waited and watched. The large yellow burning ball grew brighter until it became white. The sun expanded, until it exploded in a brilliant eruption of fire and rock, lighting up the blackness of space, several rings of fire expanding from the point of the initial explosion and one final burst of bright red, orange and white from the centre of the dying star engulfing all the rings, before dying out completely, leaving dwindling, glittering space dust in its wake.

It was one of the most beautiful sights Soundwave had ever seen. Noting the reactions from his fellow Decepticons, they were pretty impressed too. Soundwave saw the native female turn away, trying to hide a tear sliding down her cheek. No doubt she too found the star's death as beautiful as he did, but that didn't make the loss of her home planet any easier. Although none of the other Decepticons may have cared, Soundwave knew how he would feel if Cybertron was destroyed and he knew it could not be easy for her. He followed her into the deserted room of the ship where she had walked, and entered after her. She sensed he had followed her.

You're a telepath too, she said.

Yes, Soundwave replied. The destruction of your world cannot be easy.

"It isn't," she said aloud, but softly.

Soundwave placed his hand on her shoulder. "What is your name?"

She paused. "You have a beautiful voice."

"Thank you," Soundwave said, somewhat surprised.

"My name's Prix."

"Soundwave."

She smiled. "It's actually short for Prixie, but that sounds too girlie."

Soundwave smiled, even although she could not see.

            * * *

The two newcomers were curious about their new home.

"If you two want to stay here," Megatron said, "you'll have to make yourselves useful. This isn't a charity."

"We understand," Prix said. "Thank you. What would you like us to do?"

Megatron pointed to Ritzi. "You will be taught about our enemies, the Autobots and become an undercover spy."

Ritzi smiled. "Ooh, sounds excitin'."

Megatron handed her a red symbol. "Place this on your chest. It is the symbol of the Autobots."

And then he gave her a gun. Ritzi took it, looking very curious. She began to look at it, then sniffed it. Ritzi looked into the nozzle, and Megatron quickly pushed it away from her face. Ritzi shook it and the bit the magazine several times, then she frowned. "What's this thing for?"

Megatron sighed. It was going to be a long night.

Much to his relief, Megatron had finally finished teaching Ritzi her new role. She wasn't exactly the ideal student. Prix however was another matter. Being biological he couldn't expect her to battle the Autobots. He'd discovered that she was quite intelligent and good with computers. Actually the Decepticon computer files were out of sorts an had needed fixing up, updating ... however Megatron had always had more pressing concerns than to spare any Decepticons on these tasks. Prix was more than happy to happy to help.

"You are to report back when you have suitable information," He told Ritzi.

"Like I know what to do. Stop treatin' me like a baby."

"You-" Megatron started in anger.

Prix held up a hand, and then held Ritzi's. "Ritzi," she said, "it's okay. I'll be all right. Just be careful, okay?"

Ritzi smiled. "Okay."

Soundwave was impressed at the way Prix had handled Megatron. He didn't think all that much of Ritzi, but Prix seemed to like her.

Prix had been shown what to do with the computer files and had quite a lot of work to do. Many files were obsolete, needed updating, information adding and deleting, merging ...

Soundwave checked her work and was quite impressed by it. Being biological, Prix needed to sleep and quarters had been arranged for her. However she wasn't sleeping. Soundwave saw her swimming outside the headquarters. Apparently her people did not need breathing apparatus to survive underwater as humans did. He saw her gathering some seaweed and eating it and he felt foolish. None of them had thought to provide for her sustenance needs. Energon would not be compatible with her systems. When she had consumed enough, Prix continued to explore. She became curious about an aquatic creature who was apparently curious about her too. The two swam up to each other and touched. The being was one of the most beautiful people Prix had ever seen.

Soundwave remembered the first tie he had encountered one of them. It had been on his first month on Earth. Megatron had left him on night watch. Whilst Soundwave monitored the computer, he began to get the curious feeling that he was being watched, but no one could have approached him without his hearing, and his Cassettes were all within him and no Autobot could've come this close without being detected. He tried to shake the feeling, but it would not go. He was confused at how he could let it bother him as there was clearly no one here, but still the feeling would not leave him. Slowly Soundwave turned around to look out of one of the windows and saw a curious creature peering inside. It swirled its body around and made a cheerful chattering noise. It seemed friendly enough and Soundwave ascertained that the Earth creature bore no malevolence or threat to him or the base. It seemed to be communicating with him and although Soundwave could not understand the creature's complex dialogue, he knew an intelligent being when he saw one. He found the new life form, well new to him, quite beautiful, no doubt thinking he was as strange to it as it had been to him at first. The creature chattered at him again, then left, swimming gracefully away. Soundwave had accessed a information base and discovered the creature was called a Dolphin, respected and loved by most humans. He'd seen more dolphins, and their close relatives, the whales, during his time on Earth and in his spare time had opted to study more about the intriguing beings.

Prix seemed fascinated by the aquatic mammal, as Soundwave curiously watched her.

She soon returned to her duties and Soundwave made sure that sustenance was obtained for her in future, though she was most welcome to acquire her own if she desired. He had been surprised at how reliable, efficient and eager she was.

 

He came to check on her one night.

"How are you going?"

"Quite well," she replied, not in the slightest angry at his interruption. "Would you like to inspect my work?"

He was quite confident that she hadn't made any grievous errors. He had checked some of her previous work. Prix had proved that she had an eye for detail and was quite intuitive in her workings and never left tasks unfinished. She was also confident and didn't shy away or blame others for the few mistakes she did make.

She looked up at him and although Soundwave's face remained expressionless, he realized how beautiful she was. Her long, slightly curly white hair hung over her shoulders, her pointy ears poking non obtrusively out of her hair. Her largish deep purple eyes neatly set in her petite smooth subtle lilac skinned face. Her small pleasant mouth, a darker shade of purple smiled at him as she turned back to the key board, her long, elegant fingers and slightly pointed nails pressing down on the keypad. She wore a dress made from layers of a delicate see through organza like material, trimmed with various pastel colors blending into each other and lovely shades of blended light and dark greens, being the main color. Around her slender neck, she wore a beautiful red crystal pendant, carved into a small, but exquisite naked fairy figure.

"It is good to be with people again," she said, breaking the silence, "though you are not of my kind. Although I am a loner and value my privacy ... without my people ... I feel so alone...." Prix paused. "I'm sorry ..."

"Do not be," Soundwave said. "I can only imagine how difficult it is for you."

Prix smiled sadly. "At least you understand.... Are you sure Megatron isn't adverse to Ritzi's presence?"

"No, he is not. Do not let his apparent lack of compassion upset you. He is like that."

"You care about him, don't you?"

"Yes," Soundwave said, surprised at her insight, but then she was telepathic.

Prix smiled. "Up until now Ritzi has been my only friend."

"She is not of your kind."

"No," Prix said. "She is more like you. Her origins stem from a race called the Callyans from the planet Zelda. Ritzi and many others like her were created on Sivart. Like us, they were a peace loving race with whom my people had been in telepathic contact for many millennia. Their star, Nez, also went nova two millennia ago and the survivors fled to Sivart. We were most grateful to meet with our intergalactic neighbours and have them make our world their home. Ritzi has telepathic capabilities, although she doesn't realise it yet. I was salvaging for metals to protect my underground stronghold for as long as I could, when found Ritzi sobbing by the dead bodies of her Sivartian friends ... Don't tell her I said that," Prix smiled. "She doesn't like to get attached to things or people in fear of losing them again. Somehow she'd survived the radiation that killed all the others like her. She became overwhelmed then she saw me. It didn't take long for her to regain her high spirits, although she keeps the pain hidden. I was as relieved as she to find a survivor. It was good to have a companion again. I did to want to die alone ... I guess you find Ritzi annoying..."

"A little, but now I possess more knowledge about her person."

Prix smiled. "She's a lovely girl. I really don't know how I'd've survived without her. She's a great friend, even if she's lacking in the sentiment department."

Soundwave smiled. "Like Megatron."

Prix smiled back at him, then turned to the computer screen. "I am sorry, but must finish this."

"You need to rest," Soundwave observed.

"But I have not yet completed this section."

"It is all right," he said. "You must rest." His voice was non commanding.

"If you insist," Prix said giving one of her knowing smiles.

Soundwave escorted her to her quarters.

The other Decepticons seemed to accept her graciously enough, although some were curious, none seemed overly adverse to either her or Ritzi's presence.

Ritzi had arrived at the Autobot base and as instructed, fed them her partially true sob story of escaping from the ill fated Sivart as the last survivor of her world. The Autobots had monitored the super nova from Earth and naturally Optimus Prime took her in. Although Megatron looked down on compassion as a weakness most of the time, there were times when it proved quite useful.

Some of the Autobots were unsure whether they could trust Ritzi, but she proved herself to be worthy. She never turned down a verbal of physical challenge, one in which Optimus Prime had to intervene between her and Cliffjumper, who decided she was a good sort after that. Ritzi did not dislike the Autobots as such, but she knew she had a job to do and also that Megatron would not be very happy if she went against his wishes. Before long the Autobots had accepted her, although she annoyed some of them, they weren't sorry she was here. Ritzi was extremely clever and discreet in gathering information and the Autobots never suspected a thing. Megatron, Soundwave, Thundercracker, Scavenger and Prix, being the only ones who knew her true identity.

            * * *

It was time for Ritzi to make her major report back to Decepticon headquarters. Since Megatron didn't want to blow her cover, he ordered Starscream to capture her.

"Capture?!" the jet echoed in surprise.

"Yes capture."

"Getting soft, Megatron?"

"Hardly," Megatron growled. "She has important information. I do not want her harmed - and make sure you get her. No other Autobot will suffice."

"Picky aren't you ..."

"Star-"

"As you command, Megatron," Starscream said, his voice obviously conveying how much didn't want to go, and didn't give a smeg what Megatron commanded.

Megatron had radioed Ritzi on the silent communicator embedded in her audio sensor, to 'prepare for capture' and to make sure there were no or very few Autobots around.

Starscream arrived, and located his target.

"How convenient ..." he said to himself, firing on her.

She fired back at him, hitting him once, the blast causing minor pain, but a lot of irritation ... Starscream transformed, and grabbed her. Ritzi pretended to struggle.

"I can't see what Megatron wants with you ..." he sneered.

Ritzi stuck her tongue out at him.

"But for now, you're mine, Autobot..."

"I'm like flattered."

"Shut up."

"Whatever you say, sweet cheeks."

Starscream looked at her and didn't know whether to laugh or get mad. Ritzi laughed, as Starscream threw her inside his cockpit and took off for Decepticon Headquarters.

He dumped her in front of Megatron.

"Here's the brat."

"Very good."

"Tell us what you know, Autobot, or be vaporized!" Starscream threatened.

"Like is he for real?"

Starscream became infuriated. "You ..."

"Relax," Megatron said.

"Relax?! This Autobot will pay for insulting me!" He grabbed her.

"Let go of me, Idiot!" Ritzi scowled.

Soundwave almost laughed.

"No matter what secrets you have," Starscream snarled. "I'll-"

Ritzi wriggled out of his grip.

"She's our spy," Megatron said, although amused by the performance, more pressing concerns were at stake.

Ritzi peeled off her Autobot insignia. "Like, duh!"

Starscream fumed. "Why didn't you tell me?" he snapped at Megatron.

"I've told you before, you're a rotten actor. If you knew, you couldn't've pulled it off for slag."

"I can't exactly see you getting an Oscar either," Starscream huffed.

Megatron ignored him and turned to Ritzi. "What have you to report?"

"Lots."

"Well?"

She looked at him and smiled.

"Don't play games with me," he warned, starting to lose his patience. "I warn-"

"Okay, okay ... don't get that big cannon in a knot. Here." She opened up her chest compartment and handed him a sea-green disk. "There ... like lighten up."

Megatron took it from her and inserted it into the computer.

"You didn't have to shoot me," Starscream said to her.

"Like I had to make it look real and whatcha wingin' about? It's the lowest settin.'"

Starscream was about to remark when Megatron spoke.

"Very good..." he sounded impressed, as he scanned through the information on the disk ... secret Autobot lookout posts and ammunition storage units around the globe, plans ...

"Glad ya like your pressie," Ritzi said. "I thought you might."

Megatron failed to suppress a small smile, then he turned to Prix.

"How are you going with the computer files?"

"There are quite a few to go," she replied, "that have to be sorted, updated and/or merged."

Starscream looked down at her. "Not too difficult Pretty Fairy Girl?"

"Not at all."

He seemed irritated than she wasn't in the slightest irked by his remark. Although Soundwave was, he said nothing.

"And now to get you back there," Megatron said to Ritzi. "I'll inform the Autobots we have you prisoner. They will no doubt launch a rescue. Go back with one of them. We'll destroy the rest."

Ritzi didn't want to be responsible for the deaths of others, but she didn't know what else to do. Would Megatron hurt Prix if she didn't go back to spy on the Autobots - would he throw them out? Where could they go on this planet then?

"Okay," she said simply.

Megatron didn't seem impressed by her apparent nonchalance, but chose not to say anything. As long as she did her job.

Megatron's plan was foiled however when only two, Autobots, Windcharger and Brawn were sent to retrieve Ritzi and escaped with only minor cuts and bruises. Although angry, Megatron decided to let it go. It would have been a nice bonus to get rid of some Autobots, but at least the main thing was the wolf was back in the fold. Soundwave could sense Prix's relief, that no one had been hurt. Although he knew she was in no way allied to the Autobots, he could tell she was adverse to destruction and the killing of others. That was unheard of amongst her people. The word kill had only been used in relevance to an unexpected death, though never out of malevolence - and Soundwave didn't expect her to embrace it either. It wasn't in her nature, nor Ritzi's. Their people were a fortunate race whom had never known war. Although not all Decepticons were power mad ego manic megalomaniacs, as most of the Autobots seemed to believe.

Megatron left the room to devise a plan to capitalize on the information he had obtained. Starscream remained in the control room with Soundwave and Prix.

"You don't have to be embarrassed," she said.

"About what?" Starscream asked in surprise.

"Not knowing tat Ritzi was a spy."

"I suppose you want to get back to your work," Starscream said, sarcastically.

He just had to say something ... Soundwave thought angrily at the jet.

"Indeed, I must," Prix said. "It is important."

Starscream made a disdainful noise, and was cross she hadn't taken his bait.

"Not everyone is born a physical warrior, Starscream," she said. "My people were very spiritual, understanding and creative - there must be a balance in the Universe." Prix smiled at him. Her smile so warm, unique, gentle and disarming that Starscream forgot his anger in a second.

"Uhh ... sorry ... I ...-"

Soundwave could not believe his audio sensors. Starscream managed a small smile. The elf woman was actually quite beautiful now he really looked at her.

"I...'ve gotta go," Starscream said, leaving, feeling grateful she didn't think he was a total goit.

Prix watched him leave.

"You handled him well," Soundwave said.

Prix nodded and smiled. "He doesn't mean to be as annoying as he seems."

"Few can stand him."

Prix chuckled. "No doubt ... My people ...." she stopped, "had learned to curb negative emotions and thoughts and to look for the positive in people, things and situations. Starscream keeps you and Megatron on your toes, does he not?"

"You can say that again."

Prix smiled. "And with the sort of life you two lead, that is essential. You can't afford to be lax, can you?"

Soundwave shook his head. "You are most insightful."

"Thank you," she said. "We Sivartians are ... were like that ... Oh, I know that in certain ways my people are not dead and gone. Their spirits have transcended to the spiritual plane and it was the wish of the Universe for the super nova to occur ... perhaps their spirits were needed elsewhere ... but however spiritual I am with the Universal energies ... and although Ritzi is with me, I still feel as if I am alone in the Universe."

Soundwave gently placed his hand on her shoulder. He said nothing. There was nothing he could say. No amount of comforting words would bring her people back, and he severely doubted a simple 'there, there, don't cry' would make things any better. No amount of comforting would heal her bleeding heart and soul. Time and Prix herself were the only ones capable of that. A clear blue tear rolled down her cheek.

"Thank you," she said, sincerely putting her hand on top of his.

With her other hand, Prix accessed the computer.

"No," Soundwave said, gently, "you need time to rest and grieve. Your pain cannot be easy."

"Thank you," she said again.

"I am sure the computer files will not jump out of their sectors."

Prix managed a small smile. Soundwave carried her to her quarters and laid her down on her soft bed. She pulled the warm cyber-mesh blankets over herself.

"Please contact me if you require anything," he said.

Prix thanked him again, made herself comfortable, feeling grateful for such a warm quarters in which to lie and rest, although it did little to alleviate the pain. Prix thanked the Universal Starlight that Soundwave was here. It felt comforting to know that he was also a telepath and cared for her well being.

Soundwave turned off the lights and left her in peace, hoping the grieving process did not permanently damage her. Part of him could feel her pain and loneliness, but also her strong spirit and faith. Soundwave knew in time she would pull through, but for now she needed time to grieve alone.

            * * *

Meanwhile, Optimus Prime at Autobot Headquarters was quite, quite worried. He'd called an urgent meeting of his most senior and trusted friends.

"It's clear," he said, "that we either have a spy or leak amongst us. There's no other way the Decepticons could've found those ammunition bases and lookout posts. And whilst we have no posts or out-of-base ammunition supplies, we are vulnerable. I have begun to suss out new locations, but all will be for naught if the spy isn't apprehended."

"Agreed, Chief," Ironhide said. "But how do we find this spy? I cahn't believe it's one of uhs."

"Neither can I, but the truth must be faced ... I need every Autobot checked ...discreetly - no one must know what you're up to. I trust and know all of you well enough to know that it isn't any of you." Prime paused. "We've got to find the leak and quickly."

"You got it," Ratchet said.

"We'll sniff the bugger out," Hound promised.

"Good. Dismissed."

When they all had left, Optimus Prime sat down and rested his face on his hands.

"I really don't need this shit right now ..."

            * * *

Soundwave was happy to see Prix well and relaxed the following day.

She informed an impressed Megatron of the work she'd completed and he silently blessed the day he'd found her. Being both a leader and a warrior he'd neglected to do or assign the tasks he deemed of lesser urgency and it wasn't long before lots of little things became one big thing.

"You seem to be enjoying it," he said to her.

She smiled. "What can I say? I love a challenge and I love sorting out stuff.

Megatron smiled. "At least someone does."

            * * *

Ritzi, back at Autobot headquarters now, continued to gather information, although she was getting bored. She missed Prix and she bore no malevolence toward the Autobots who seemed to be major league stressing out over the loss of their tactical advantages, but Ritzi had a job to do and knew she had to do it. She placed her disk into Teletraan I and told him the information she needed to further her Earth studies.

"What are you doing?" came a voice.

Ritzi froze, then turned around to see Prowl.

"Gathering information," she said.

"For what purpose?"

"I'm, like new to this planet and I'd like to know more about it, okay."

"That's logical," Prowl said, although he had to do his duty. "Stop, Teletraan."

The computer obediently obeyed. Prowl ejected the disk.

"No!" Ritzi said. "That's my private disk!"

"And what's on it?"

"Like a diary, okay ... as well as the information I need."

"I won't peruse your private thoughts."

Ritzi's mind was racing, but she tried to act cool as Prowl injected the disk into his data processor and then he jerked and stared at her. "You have secret Autobot files on here!"

"Is that wrong? I'm sorry if I've breached protocol. I wanted to know more about you guys."

Prowl didn't seem to be buying it. "And you have down loaded Autobot weakness files ... you're the spy!"

"Uh oh... Time for me to make tracks - oh, tell him he's cute by the way ..." Ritzi transformed and sped down a corridor.

Prowl fired his acid pellet gun at her, hitting one of her wheels.

"Ee!" she exclaimed as she nearly careered into the wall.

"Prowl to Optimus!" he almost yelled, not accustomed to the unexpected. "Spy located! It's Ritzi! Stop her! She's heading for the entrance!"

Ritzi made it out before the entrance was sealed off. In a way she found it exciting with the alarm blaring and Autobots trying to shoot at and grab her, but she was also scared - she knew it wasn't in their nature to kill, but what would happen to her and Prix if she was caught? Would she ever se her friend again? Ritzi squealed hysterically when Optimus Prime grabbed her outside the base. She transformed into robot mode and tried to struggle away, but he held her fast.

"Why?" he asked simply.

Ritzi sighed. She felt he was entitled to an answer. "My people were originally from Zelda. Our sun went nova, okay a long time ago. I was born on Sivart."

"But that doesn't explain why you're in league with the Decepticons."

"The Deception rescued us from Sivart."

"Us ... rescued ..."

"Yeah. They came for some Burmalite, a mineral from our world ... and yeah - us - me and Prix. She's a native of Sivart, a biological humanoid, about up to your knee."

"I don't think you realize the damage you've done," Optimus Prime said.

"Well ... maybe I didn't at first, but like what could I do? Meggers sent me to you to get info and like he's not the sort ya mess about with, know what I mean?"

Prime let out a short, humourless chuckle. "Indeed. So he's keeping you and Prix prisoners?"

"No, you idiot. Prix isn't their prisoner. She's helping them sort out their computer files, like they're a mess."

Prime laughed inwardly.

"They haven't hurt her or anything. The one called Soundwave likes her, methinks," and Ritzi smiled.

Prime found it hard to believe that a Decepticon would like anyone or anything, besides power.

"Like, I'm sorry okay ... I guess I was like scared okay ... Prix is real good with computers and I dunno what other use Megatron would have for me ..."

Optimus Prime felt more angry with Megatron now than Ritzi.

"All right ..." he said, "but I still have to take you in for further questioning.

"Nup. I wanna see Prix ..."

"I'm afraid I can't let you go yet."

Ritzi suddenly bit his hand, causing Optimus Prime to let go - she then kicked him and took off. Some Autobots fired after her, but Prime stopped them, hoping she would be all right and wondering how she would face up to her dilemma. He also wondered about the one she called Prix. She didn't seem to be in any danger and was it true what Ritzi said about Soundwave having feelings for her?

            * * *

"What are you doing back so early?" Megatron demanded when Ritzi reported back.

She shifted on her feet. "Well ... they ... kinda" her voice became quieter "... found me out ..."

"WHAAATTTTT!!??" Megatron screeched.

"Well it wasn't my fault, like."

"And just whose was it?"

"Like chill - I got you all that other info, now didn't I?"

"And the Autobots will no doubt be relocating their bases and posts."

"There's no pleasing some people."

Megatron glared at her. "I don't suppose you have the disk?"

"Prowl took it from me."

"Wonderful."

"Like being a spy is hard yakka. Why don't you try it sometime. I did my best you know."

"It wasn't good enough!"

"Well excuuuse me!" Ritzi sounded hurt and she sniffed. "I did what I could."

Although angry, Megatron had never encountered one who met his wrath quite like this. He could see she was hurt and it intrigued him.

"All right ..." he growled. "Go and help Prix..."

Ritzi smiled. "Okay ... thanks ..." And she left.

Megatron shook his head. "Kids ..."

Starscream in the adjacent corridor almost laughed and looked at Ritzi.

"I gotta try that one sometime."

Ritzi smiled. "Y'know, Screamers, has anyone ever told you, like, you're major cute?"

This took him by surprise, although he didn't let it show.

"Well yes, as a matter of fact ... many times."

"Liar," she smiled.

"Why you!"

She giggled, spilt and he chased her, thinking he may like her after all.

Prix was happy to have Ritzi back. She worried about her young friend.

They lay in her quarters together, as Ritzi had not yet been assigned a separate one.

"I hope Megatron was not too cross with you."

Ritzi smiled. "Nah ... well he was at first, ya know how his type are. I suppose he had to be like that, if he's soft on everyone, they'll get away with anything. How're things with you?"

"Fine," Prix smiled. "I am enjoying the computer work, even though I need a break from it once in a while."

Ritzi hugged her. Prix smiled again and hugged her back. her friend rarely displayed sentiments, although she did feel them.

"I rather like Soundwave," Prix said. "He's so complex, and yet so clear."

"Do you think he's cute?"

"Ritzi!"

And then they both laughed.

The two slept well that night, happy to be reacquainted with each other.

            * * *

Late in the afternoon on following day the day Prix sat alone in one of the common rooms, watching the aquatic life come and go and sway through the large porthole shaped cyber-glass window.

Her head turned when she heard the door open. Had she not been telepathic she might have been slightly annoyed, but she knew it was Soundwave.

"I'm glad you're here," she said.

Soundwave walked to her and held out his hand. Prix took it and stood.

"I would like to take you to the surface," he said.

Prix looked excited. "I have been so curious about that ever since we landed here."

"You could've asked," Soundwave said.

She could feel him smile.

"Perhaps I'm shy," she said, returning his smile.

Soundwave reached the surface and flew over the ocean.

"It's beautiful..." Prix said in awe, looking down upon the extensive gentle crystal blue waves of the Atlantic.

Soundwave landed in a dense forest, placed Prix on the ground and performed a scan of the area. Besides he, Prix and various Earth flora and fauna, no one else was present.

"It's lovely here.." Prix said, overwhelmed by its beauty,

looking around and touching a pristine white flower. The lady-elf traced her fingers along the large root at foot of a very old tree. "Much of my planet was like this before Avona Major's death. Prix sat between the roots of the enormous tree. Soundwave watched her and sat on one of the thick roots - the tree was even larger than he. He watched her and had to smile to himself. She looked so in her element here - so much like the elves and fairies in much human and alien folklore. She looked so delicate and lovely, yet her heart, mind and soul were so strong. Prix ran her hand over the leaf mulch and then placed her hand on Soundwave's and he gently clasped his hand around hers and she smiled warmly.

Their hands intertwined and wove into one and others. Prix clasped her hand as far as she could around his wrist. Soundwave gently picked her up and held her. Prix rested her head against his hand and he ever so gently played with her hair and she smiled, relaxing to the lovely sensation. Soundwave continued to weave his fingers in and out of her silky smooth white hair and she sighed inwardly at his gentle touch. Soundwave began to trace his smallest finger around her delicate pointed ears. Prix closed her eyes. Soundwave looked at the material of her dress closely and discovered that it was not a dress, in fact part of her. He touched the soft organza like material and Prix smiled gently. His touch was so sensual ... and then he felt her enter his mind. It was like nothing he'd ever known before ... like a gentle oceanic current flowing into the depths of his mind. Soundwave closed his optical sensors, allowing her unique, gentle presence soothe his mind, before entering hers. Prix felt him, unlike any being she'd felt before. His mind was strong, and yet gentle and so sincere. Prix had never bonded with any of her people. Although she loved all of them, none had ever made her feel the way Soundwave did. As both Transformer and elf's minds melded, they felt a bonding between them, much more spiritual than physical, bonding mind and soul. Prix let his mind patterns and energies strengthen her. She knew she had to go on, despite her enormous loss. He had already helped her tremendously and she telepathically and sincerely thanked him for it. My Pleasure ... he told her, returning the telepathic message. Their mind link became stronger as they sat in the dense forest, at the foot of the age old tree. Soundwave had never encountered a being quite like Prix before. He'd never bonded with anyone this way before. No one had spoken to his soul the way she had. Besides Megatron and the Cassettes, no one had ever really understood him, and yet Prix's understanding was different again from theirs. He thanked the Universe for bringing him to her. I too thank the Universe.... Prix's unique, lovely telepathic voice sounded in his mind. Soundwave held her close to his face, then lowered his mouth shield and kissed her gently. Prix opened her eyes, smiled warmly and returned the kiss, neither of them feeling uncomfortable with the difference in their sizes. She placed her hand on his white cheek and he kissed it, then gently traced his fingers around her soft face. He had never loved anyone the way he loved her, and he had only known her for such a short time. He held her gently in his navy blue hands. Prix gazed straight into his deep ruby red eye band.

"You're very beautiful..."

Soundwave smiled. Thank you, he said, telepathically. "As are you," he said aloud.

"And you voice is lovely, so musical and calming."

He smiled again.

Neither of the two noticed a newcomer to the forest. The human heard Soundwave and froze, frightened at first, but then calmed as he hadn't been alerted to her presence. Carly often came to the forest to relax, but now her mind was racing. What was Soundwave doing here and who was he talking to? She could tell he was close, and felt she had to find out what he was up to and warn the Autobots if he had hostile intentions. Carly slowly crept closer to him, terrified that he would hear her. She saw him sitting at the bottom on a huge, very rooty tree and watched. She saw he was with an Eleven humanoid, and became confused. Elves were real? But what was Soundwave doing with one? Carly watched for a while longer and deduced that he didn't seem to be hatching any evil plots. She could tell he obviously cared for the female elf and was quite intrigued. However much she disliked Decepticons, she felt it was wrong of her to intrude upon his privacy. She knew certainly wouldn't like any Decepticons spying on her private moments. Carly discreetly left, feeling she wanted to keep this to herself. The Autobots were in no danger and she had always hated gossip and wasn't about to start spreading it. She felt she had to tell Optimus Prime about it, but no one else. She knew she could trust him to keep a secret.

"An elf?" Optimus asked.

"Yeah ... I couldn't believe it at first, but there she was."

"She must be Prix ... Ritzi spoke of her..."

"Soundwave seemed to care for her."

Optimus Prime smiled. "It's rare to see Decepticons displaying compassion. It's a welcome change."

Carly smiled.

            * * *

Soundwave and Prix stayed by the tree well into the night. The moonlight reflected off Prix's white hair, making it shine, looking even more lovely. Soundwave smiled as he saw the starlight twinkle in her eyes. Prix cherished the way the moonlight glinted on Soundwave's metal body, highlighting some parts and darkening others, making him look even more mysterious. The two gently kissed the other's lips and then they smiled, appreciating the peaceful tranquillity of this Spring night. Soundwave stroked his hand from the top of her small head to her back. Thank you ...

He smiled. Thank you.

Prix returned his smile. My pleasure ... He gently clasped his hand around her. Both Transformer and elf then spoke to each other with their minds, no words, just feelings, emotions and thoughts, welcoming the other's state of mind to enrich their own and enhance their lives. A lukewarm breeze blew over them. Soundwave watched as it found its way through Prix's hair, ruffling it ever so slightly. She felt so safe with Soundwave, and she knew she was not alone in the Universe, as if she had found another home here with him, something inside her told her there was something more, and although she did not know what that was, she knew it would be revealed at the right time. Another slightly warmer breeze blew past them. Soundwave smiled, and breathed in, appreciating the subtle sweet smell of the night Spring air. Soundwave watched as Prix's 'dress' flowed soundlessly in the winds and brushing gently against his fingers. He smiled as she put her arms around him as far as they could go and he returned her embrace. Neither of them spoke, their feelings speaking volumes.

            * * *

 

It was well into the wee hours of the morning when Soundwave returned with Prix. He could tell she was tired. She'd been up for quite a while and needed her rest.

"Thank you," she said, "for a lovely day ... and night ..."

"It was my pleasure," Soundwave said. "And thank you."

Prix smiled. "It was my pleasure as well."

Soundwave carried her to her quarters and were greeted by a bubbly Ritzi.

"Hi! Meg said you tow had gone out, otherwise I'da got worried."

Prix gave her friend a kiss. "Oh, Ritzi... I'm sorry, I should've told you."

"Nah, s'okay."

"I shall leave you to rest," Soundwave said.

"Thank you again," Prix said, holding his hand.

Soundwave smiled, then left Prix with Ritzi.

Soundwave walked to the main control room.

Megatron smiled when he saw his friend. "You really care for her, don't you?"

Even though he had his mouth plate up, Megatron knew when he smiled.

"Is it that obvious?"

"Only to those who know you, my friend."

"She is ..." Soundwave hesitated, trying to find the right words.

"I know," Megatron said. "You don't have to say it."

Soundwave smiled.

 *  *  *

Ritzi frowned and rubbed her head.

"What is it?" Prix asked, concerned.

"Nothin'... just a little headache. I've been gettin' a few of 'em. I'll see someone about it tomorrow."

"All right," Prix said. "You must take care of yourself."

Ritzi smiled and hugged her friend, lifting her off the floor. Prix laughed and put her arms around her. Ritzi put her down.

Prix lay in her bed and covered herself up.

Ritzi ruffled her quilt. "You really like him, don't you?"

"You can tell, can't you?"

Ritzi sat on her bed. "Of course ... You're shinin' like the sunny side of Alpha Centauri, Girl!"

Prix smiled. "He is wonderful ... unlike anyone I have ever known before."

"He seems nice."

"He is a lot more."

"He's nice lookin too ..."

Prix smiled. "Very."

And they both laughed.

"Tell ya what, I reckon that Starscream's so gorgeous!"

Prix smiled. "He is young, childish and impatient."

"Just like me."

Prix laughed. "Quite true." Her eye lids began to droop.

"Let's go to sleep," Ritzi said.

Prix nodded, and lay her head down on her pillow, and welcomed her well needed slumber.

            * * *

 

Prix awoke the following day, happy to have had such a deep, relaxing sleep. She stretched and sighed, thinking of Soundwave and sat up in her soft bed. She glanced over at Ritzi's bed.

"Ritzi!" she exclaimed in horror.

Her friend lay motionless on the floor. Prix leapt to her and turned her over.

"Ritzi ..."

Prix immediately contacted Soundwave.

            * * *

Ritzi lay upon the bed in the repair bay.

"Is she going to be all right?" Prix's voice shivered with worry.

"I am not certain at this time, but I will do everything I can for her."

"Thank you..."

Prix stayed by Ritzi's side.

After thirty two minutes and forty-seven seconds, exactly, Soundwave spoke to Prix.

"Her condition is worsening."

Prix shook her head, although she did not doubt Soundwave.

"She complained of headaches .... Ohh I wish she had seen to it sooner..."

"That would not have helped," Soundwave said. "She has a severe type of radioactive poisoning, from the expansion of your sun. Your people were obviously immune."

Prix nodded. "Yes, all of her people died from it ... When I found her, I assumed she was all right, perhaps immune or just lucky..." Prix wiped a tear from her face. "She has been sick all this time..."

"And only just started showing symptoms."

Soundwave boosted the power. "She will become conscious ... but only for a while."

Prix nodded as Soundwave proceeded.

Ritzi's eyes opened slowly.

"P ... Pr..ix ..."

Prix held her hand.

"I'm sorry ..."

Prix shook her head. "Don't be, this is not your fault."

A tear rolled down Ritzi's cheek. "I don't want to leave you..."

"Neither do I, and even though it is the wish of the Universe ... it is hard to accept..."

Ritzi nodded, sadly. She looked up at Soundwave. "Take care of her..."

"I shall," he promised, holding Ritzi's small white hand.

"And .. you ..." Ritzi said, weakly, "take care of yourself..."

Prix nodded. "Ritzi ..."

The robot smiled before closing her eyes. Her body became limp. Prix laid her on the bed. Ritzi's body began to disappear. Prix crossed her arms in front of her chest and closed her eyes.

"Fare you well, Ritzi, my friend."

She opened her eyes a few moments later.

"I am sorry," Soundwave said.

"It isn't your fault...."

Soundwave put his hand on her back. "The death of a friend is never easy."

Prix nodded, tears in her eyes.

"I'd ... like to go to my quarters..."

"Of course."

He escorted her.

"I'm sorry ..." Prix said.

"Do not be, you need time to grieve for her..."

Prix nodded, sadly. "Thank you, Soundwave .... If you weren't here I don't know what I'd do..."

He placed her on her bed. "Please call me if you need anything."

Prix took a sip of water and thanked him again. Soundwave exited her quarters, feeling her grief. He took to his own quarters to rest for a while.

Prix lay in her quarters, trying to cope with the loss of her friend. She cried for quite a few hours, before letting her mind lapse into a deep state of meditation, and the Universe spoke to her, both comforting her and telling her that her destiny was just beginning ...

Even Starscream’s antics had died down.  Prix knew he missed his friend, even though he’d never admit it in a million years.

            * * *

It was quite a few days before Prix emerged from her quarters.

"I am sorry if I seem to have been neglecting you," she said to Soundwave.

"Do not be," Soundwave said, understanding. "You needed time alone to grieve and reflect."

"You were never far from my thoughts."

"Nor you from mine."

The two embraced.

            * * *

Soundwave sat with Prix outside on a high grassy cliff, overlooking the Pacific. Cool, but not unpleasant winds blew over them.

"The Universe has given me much to be thankful for," Prix said, "despite my losses."

Soundwave nodded.

"The Universe told me, that my destiny is just beginning, that I can bring my people together again, not through the flesh, but through the mind, heart and spirit."

Soundwave touched her, and she smiled, though she looked sad.

"What is it?" Soundwave asked gently.

A tear streaked down Prix's cheek. "I cannot stay here ...."

Soundwave held her hand. He did not want her to leave, but now he knew she must. Her destiny lay elsewhere.

"The Universe told me that I have the power within myself to teleport myself to the planet Travistia, with the sun Kerravon. I must breathe life into a new race .... A spiritual one, Elf-like, much like my own people ... And they will assist me ... It is many galaxies away from here ... I do not want to leave ... but I must."

"I know," Soundwave said. He gently held her close, and she smiled warmly.

"Do not think it is selfish of you, for wanting me to stay," she said, sensing his thoughts. "It is hard for both of us, but without you I never would have discovered this power within me, or be alive to have shared my feelings with you."

"I am grateful to the Universe," Soundwave said.

"As am I..."

Unbeknownst to them, a sky spy had picked them up and was watching them, far above.

            * * *

A tear rolled down Carly's cheek. "He really does love her...."

Optimus nodded, too feeling for both Prix and Soundwave, despite his differences with the latter. Prime switched off the spy satellite and had Teletraan move it to another location.

"I'm sure they'd both want privacy," he said.

Carly nodded. "Do you suppose he'll be all right? It's not easy to lose someone you love..." She wiped more tears away. "I often believed my parents were watching over me when they died, but it was so hard ..."

"Carly, you never told me..."

She shook her head. "It still hurts, Prime ... They died in a car crash when I was eight. I was in foster homes until I was 17..."

Optimus Prime gently picked her up. "I know how you feel. I have lost people close to me, and it is never easy to live with."

Carly sat on his blue hand, thinking about Prix, Soundwave, and her parents.

            * * *

Prix sat with Soundwave.

"I must leave you now. I am sorry to have caused you pain."

Soundwave shook his head. "Pain is part of life and I would much rather have known you than to never hame met you at all."

Prix smiled. "My sentiments match yours."

She closed her eyes. I am ready, she told the Universe.

Prixie, you are one of the many, special unique people within my limitless boundaries. You shall bring miraculous life, and enhance spiritual awareness of those who have lost their way and bo not believe in hope.

Thank you, Prix told the Universe. She turned to Soundwave.

"Take this.." she said, taking off her necklace. I want you to keep it.

Thank you. I shall treasure it as I treasure you.

They embraced one last time.

Prixie, it is time now.

I am ready.

Prix stood, and concentrated. Soundwave boosted her telepathy to give her a start, and she managed to link herself to Kerravon, using his warmth and power to transport herself to the world Travistia.

Soundwave watched her body shimmer and begin to teleport. He watched her until all that was left, were tiny specks of glimmering white crystal light.

Do not grieve. The Universe spoke to his mind. She will always be near. You too are special, Soundwave. In time you too shall enhance your spirituality, but for now you are needed here, on Earth.

Thank you, Soundwave said, sincere. The Universe did indeed reveal her secrets to those who listened.

He knew his life would never be quite the same, knowing his destiny was far from over aw well. He would miss Prix dearly, even though he knew she would never really be gone.

A while later, Soundwave returned to Decepticon undersea Headquarters.

Megatron looked at his friend. "She's gone, isn't she?"

Soundwave nodded. "She is not dead."

"But still, you miss her."

"How could I not?"

Megatron nodded. "Rest yourself, Soundwave. It's not easy to lose someone you love, believe me, I know."

Soundwave nodded. "Thank you, Megatron."

He turned and walked to his quarters, desperately craving an Energon bath. He walked to his bathroom, noticing how messy his quarters had become. He'd have to see to that later. Right now he had to take care of himself.

The warm Energon bath did not completely soothe him, but it helped.

As the warm waves washed over him, Soundwave's thoughts were with Prix. He knew she was capable of tremendous power and loving - she could do whatever the Universe wished and he knew that was something very special indeed. He lowered his mouth plate and smiled, then submerged himself under the Energon for a while, than emerged, the Energon trickling off his body. Soundwave thought not about whether he was ever going to see her again, but of what magick the beautiful Elf would bring to the Universe. He let the Energon soothe and cleanse his skin, and held up her small necklace, the light in the room refracting off the lovely naked crystalline fairy figure. He moved it slightly, causing the refracted colored light to jump about on the walls and knew Prix's prodigy and philosophy would be nothing short of a Universal Miracle.

 

*

  Back to Decepticon Page

 

Back to Transformers Page