Disclaimers: Transformers are owned by Hasbro.

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic

Summary: A story about Ultra Magnus and a Decepticon child.

Author's note: Godi created by Seawave.  Pronounced (Goh-di) - long o, short i

 

Rating - PG

~~~~~~~~~

CHILD'S PLAY

 

Ultra Magnus sat on the lush green grass, outside Autobot City. It had been quite peaceful lately, no Decepticon activity reported for at least three weeks. Some were suspicious and rightly so, but it didn't hurt to relax and enjoy the peace while it lasted.

That's what Ultra Magnus was doing today. Though, always on alert - one could never be too cautious. He smiled as he appreciated the cool breeze which wafted past him gently, and rustle the trees. As he leaned back, he heard a twig snap not too far away.

"Whassat?!" He was certain it wasn't the wind.

He heard a rustle of bushes and was sure he heard footfalls. Ultra quickly stood and approached the spot where he'd heard the sounds and saw a small Decepticon darting away.

"Stop!" he yelled, giving chase, but the small one had quite a head start and Ultra Magnus had not expected him to stop in the first place. He drew his weapon, set it to minimum stun and fired after the little Decepticon, hitting his target square in the back. The Decepticon fell and Magnus ran to him. Dazed, the Decepticon looked about, then got to his knees.

"Don't move," Ultra Magnus warned.

The Decepticon looked at him, nervously, and backed off into a U shape of bushes. "D...don't shoot ..."

"I won't if you don't give me reason to."

The Decepticon stayed still for a while, then suddenly tried to make a dash for it. Magnus blasted near him. The other shrieked and retreated to his place in his bushes, very nervously regarding Ultra Magnus' gun. Again, he tried to out manoeuvre the Autobot, but the larger Transformer grabbed him.

"Let me go!" The Decepticon tried to struggle away, violently, but his strength was no match for Ultra Magnus. The harder the Decepticon struggled, the tighter Magnus' grip became.

"Stop," the Decepticon winced, "it's hurting..."

Ultra Magnus eased his grip. Seeing the Decepticon still appeared to be in pain, he eased it further. The Decepticon waited a few moments before jerking his arm free and making a break for it. He successfully avoided Ultra Magnus' first grab, but not the second. The small Decepticon then bit the Autobot's hand, hard.

"Ow!" Ultra Magnus exclaimed, surprised and thrown off guard. He'd never heard of biting used as a defence by humanoid Decepticons!

The small Decepticon fled, successfully avoiding Ultra Magnus' first few blasts. Magnus adjusted his gun to maximum stun and fired, hitting the small Decepticon. He approached the unconscious Decepticon.

"He's so young..." Ultra Magnus mused, "practically a child." He gently picked up the small Decepticon and carried him into Autobot City.

"What happened?" Optimus Prime asked.

"I caught him spying outside. He'll come to soon."

Optimus Prime looked at the Decepticon. "I've never seen this one before. Very young."

"Inexperienced too," Ultra Magnus said. "He was so scared. Obviously thought I was going to kill him. I can't believe the Decepticons would bring a child into this war."

"Nothing they do surprises me any more," the Autobot Leader said. "Take him to a room and interrogate him, then ... let him go. I'm not going to hold him prisoner. If Megatron thinks sending a child spy is going to rattle me and let my guard down with sympathy, he's got another thing coming." Optimus looked very cross indeed.

"You need some rest," Ultra Magnus observed.

"You're telling me, but I can't. I've got too much work to do and-."

"I'm sure you do, Prime. At times we all do, but a little rest won't do any harm, will it? And you'll be better to tackle the work when you're rested and fresh."

Optimus Prime gave a smile. "I know a hint when I hear one. And thanks, Ultra Magnus. Sometimes it's hard to put one's own needs above duty."

"I know what you mean. Sweet dreams."

Both Autobots smiled ad headed off in separate directions.

Ultra Magnus took the small Decepticon to an interrogation room and locked the door. He sat him in a seat and administered a small dose of anti-stun, or "wake up juice" as it was branded amongst Transformers. The small Decepticon began to stir and regain consciousness. He blinked a few times, then his head instantly snapped about.

"Where... you..." he regarded Ultra Magnus very nervously.

"Relax," the older Autobot said. "I'm not going to hurt you. What's your name?"

The small Decepticon still looked nervous. "Godi..." he replied quietly.

The Autobot smiled. "Thank you. I'm Ultra Magnus."

"I know."

"So why were you sneaking around?" Magnus felt a tad uncomfortable. He didn't want to make Godi any more nervous than he already was. "Spying," he prompted, his voice calm.

Godi shook his head, then sheepishly nodded. There was no point in lying.

"What information did you find out?"

"Nothing," Godi replied too quickly for Ultra Magnus to believe him.

"Come on," he said gently, "you did learn something."

Godi shook his head.

"I need to know," Ultra Magnus said, keeping his voice calm. "I can't very well have Decepticons running about reporting our plans and secrets to Megatron, can I?"

"I ... I suppose not..."

"So what did you learn?"

"I can't tell you ... If I don't come back with information, Megatron will d...destroy me..."

"He says that to all his Decepticons. He'd destroy us too if he got the chance."

"Please, I need to report ... He said it was my last chance... He says I'm useless, and I have to give this information to him..."

Ultra Magnus pitied the small Decepticon's dilemma, but simply could not let whatever information he had fall into enemy hands. "I'm sorry," he said, "but you must tell me."

"I can't!" Godi's eyes filled with tears.

I'm so sorry, little one... Ultra Magnus thought. I hate this damn war! He had been proud to become a soldier in his youth, but now much wiser, Ultra Magnus had learnt the true meaning of war, and it wasn't pretty. He leant closer to the Decepticon. Godi looked at the floor, darted down and picked up a small metal rod, and then hit Ultra Magnus with it and ran for the door. He shrieked when he found it was locked. He avoided Ultra Magnus trying to catch him and avoided the larger Autobot's hands as he darted around the room. Godi hurled the rod at the control panel to the door and to his relief, it slid open. He darted out and screamed when Ultra Magnus grabbed him. The little Decepticon tried to struggle free, but was no match for Ultra Magnus' strength. Godi violently struggled free and bit Ultra Magnus when the Autobot tried to grab him. Magnus avoided getting bitten a second time and grabbed Godi hard, locked the door again, this time with a computerised code.

"Don't hurt me... Let me go... I'm sorry, I ..."

"It's all right," Magnus calmed. "You were afraid, understandable." He looked at his hand. "Don't worry, I'll live."

Godi almost managed a small smile. "Please ... I can't tell you the plan I heard ... ohh ... now you know it's a plan ... Megatron's going to kill me..."

The small Decepticon thrust his head onto the side of the chair and burst into tears. "I don't want to die... I-"

Ultra Magnus knelt down to him.

"Hey, it's all right. I can tell you're not a true Decepticon. You're nothing like the others. You're not a ruthless killer, are you?"

Godi shook his head. "No. I've never killed before and I don't really want to ... I-"

"No wonder Megatron doesn't like you, the bastard... Godi, you're not suited to the Decepticons."

"I have nowhere else to go ... I-"

"Stay with us. I'm sure Optimus Prime would be glad to grant you asylum."

"Optimus Prime is your leader. He hates Decepticons. He'd kill me."

"Hate is a strong word. He hates what Decepticons stand for, but he'd never kill unless it was extremely necessary. And he wouldn't kill a child."

"But I'm a Decepticon."

"That doesn't matter. He'll know you're not like the others and want to help you."

Godi shook his head. "No .. Megatron and the other Decepticons will kill me for being a traitor ... I ... I can't..."

"We'll protect you, I promise."

Godi shook his head, still in tears.

"Have you any friends?" Ultra Magnus asked.

The Decepticon shook his head again. "They all hate me, think I'm a worthless wimp. They make fun of me, hurt me and tease me, all the time..."

"The Autobots won't do that to you. We'll help you learn, grow and muster up some self esteem."

"That might sound nice, but I can't ... I'm scared..."

"I know. Come here."

Ultra Magnus picked up Godi and sat back on the bench. The small Decepticon struggled at first, but sensing Ultra Magnus did not intend to harm him at the moment, relaxed.

"That's good," Magnus said. "No one will hurt you here."

He felt so sorry for the small Decepticon, his heart went straight out to him, and he could tell the little one was genuine, not a Decepticon actor preying on Autobot sympathies.

"But you're Autobots..." Godi said. "Decepticons' enemies..."

"You are not evil. You don't belong with them. They don't care what happens to you."

"But I can't join the Autobots, they'll kill me if they catch me."

"They'll kill me if they catch me too."

"Aren't you afraid?"

"Most people are afraid of dying, but one must learn to control their fears, to overcome them. I don't think about the Decepticons coming and killing me. It's an unpleasant thought. I am ready to die for my cause, but that doesn't mean that I want to die and I'm confident in myself. You need to learn self confidence, Godi."

"I can't ... it's so hard ... I'm no match for he other Decepticons... I can't fight them... how can I be self confident if I can't do anything? If no one will help me?"

"We'll help you, the Autobots. I-"

"No... I told you, I can't ... please..."

"Godi..."

The small Decepticon struggled out of Ultra Magnus' grip and sat on the floor. "And I'm not telling you the plan I learned. So there." He scowled.

Ultra Magnus almost smiled. He'd forgotten how stubborn children could be. He stood and came forward. Godi became afraid and scrambled away.

"Please don't make me tell, I can't ... they'll-"

Ultra Magnus picked him up, then sat back down.

"No! Leave me alone! Please! I-"

"I'm afraid, I can't."

"Please don't hurt me..."

"I'm not going to, I promise."

Godi tried to struggle away. Ultra Magnus, at first held him firmly, and when the Decepticon was still, loosened his grip.

"You're so afraid of everything. There's no need to be. I understand your fear of death and rejection, but the Autobots will help you. We'll protect you."

Godi began to cry. Ultra Magnus gently comforted him, almost crying himself. He so wanted to help the little one and internally expressed his anger at those who treated him badly.

"I can't ..." Godi sobbed.

Ultra Magnus held him gently and stroked him, hoping to calm the child down. Godi sniffed and continued to sob. He clung close to Ultra Magnus and the Autobot could feel him shivering.

"I'm so sorry for what they did to you. Please let me help you..."

"I don't know what to do..."

Ultra Magnus looked at Godi in his lap. "Let the Autobots take care of you. I know you're scared, but we can help you. Please, let-"

Godi shook his head. "I don't know... I just-" He cried some more. "I'm not ready for this yet!"

Ultra Magnus looked at the small one's face, and realised as much as he wanted to help, the Decepticon was right. He wasn't ready, and kind gentle words just weren't enough.

"All right," he said, reluctantly. "I am not forcing you. I'd never do that. It's your decision."

"I'm sorry, but I can't ... I do appreciate your trying to help me. It's more than anyone's ever done for me before, but I'm-"

"Scared, I know and I don't blame you. I would be to in your place."

"Have you ever been scared?"

"Many times. Fear is often useful. It warns us of danger and the risks. It's saved my life a number of times, but you can't let it rule you. That's something you've got to learn."

Godi nodded. "Maybe I will ... someday."

"Now," Ultra Magnus said, "I'm sorry I have to do this, but I need to know the plan you learned of."

Godi took a deep breath. "All right ... you won't let me go until I tell you," and he was convinced the Autobot would hurt him if he had to, to get the information. "...It was one of Optimus Prime's plans. He said he was planning to surprise attack our secret ammunition's base in two days time Portland, Oregon, USA."

"Thank you," Ultra Magnus said. "I know how hard that was for you."

Godi nodded, looking afraid.

"Don't worry. I won't tell Megatron a thing."

The small Decepticon managed a smile. Ultra Magnus dried his tears and lead him outside.

"T...thank you..." Godi said.

"It's all right," the Autobot replied. "Just think about what I said, okay?"

"I will..."

Ultra Magnus watched Godi fly off, a little puzzled by the little one's guilty look. "Poor little guy..." he said to himself.

"Ultra Magnus, there you are. Thanks for the advice to get some rest. I needed it."

Ultra smiled. "That's okay, Optimus. I think I need some rest now."

"What of the small Decepticon?"

"His name's Godi." Ultra Magnus shook his head. "The guy's terrified of everyone and everything. Thinks the whole Universe is out to get him. He's not evil, Prime, I could see that, not like the other Decepticons at all, in fact he told me they treated him badly. I wanted to help him, but he was too afraid of the Decepticons to join us..."

Optimus listened to Ultra Magnus' words and found he too felt for the little one. "But there isn't anything we can do until he's ready and more self confident."

"But how does one gain self confidence?"

"It's largely a personal thing. Others can help, but it's up to the individual."

Ultra Magnus nodded. "Well I hope he's okay. Poor little fella. I'm sorry I had to make him tell me the plan he'd discovered. He was so terrified of what Megatron would do to him, but as an Autobot, I couldn't-"

"I know," Optimus Prime said. "Tough decisions go with the job."

Ultra Magnus nodded.

"What plan did he tell you of?"

"That you were planning a surprise attack on a 'D-con ammunition plant in Portland in two days."

Optimus gave s sigh. "I planned no such thing. I sent a search party today to that so called ammo-plant, but we found nothing but an empty shelter."

"He lied to me?" Ultra Magnus slammed his fist down on the table.

"Don't be angry with him. It's not-"

"I'm not. He was so scared ... It's not him I'm angry with. I'm angry with the whole fucking system!"

"If only I had an energon cube for every time I'd said that."

Ultra Magnus became momentarily distracted. "You swear?!"

Optimus Prime smiled. "You'd be surprised sometimes."

Ultra Magnus returned the smile, but it quickly faded. "I hope he's okay ... what could he have learned?"

"Whatever it is, we'll have to be ready. The only thing I remember, I did discuss, with Ironhide a the location for a new secret energon storage hanger. We'll have to relocate. Other than that, alert everyone to be on top guard for the next fortnight or so."

Ultra Magnus nodded. "Done. I hope he's going to be all right."

"Is that all you could find?!" Megatron bellowed.

"Y...yes, before that ... c...aptured me..."

"Captured you, you pathetic worthless scrapheap! Why anyone would waste their energy creating you is beyond me."

Godi felt hurt, though he was used to similar insults. He said nothing. A protest would only anger Megatron and the others and cause further hurt and pain.

"Soundwave," Megatron said, "zero in on the Cape Verde Islands. I want to know exactly where they're building this hangar of theirs."

"There are four Autobots leaving the island of Sal," the Decepticon Communications Officer replied. "It would appear they are suspicious."

Megatron bashed his fist down on a console, smashing it. He whirled around to Godi. "You pathetic scrap!" he spat. "I no longer intend to waste my time and resources on you!"

"Please..." Godi said. "I did my best... I didn't tell them anything when they captured me..."

"I don't care!" Megatron fumed, pointing his fusion cannon at the small Decepticon.

"No!" Godi exclaimed. "Please! ... I-"

"You're worse than Starscream..."

The red and blue jet snorted in the background. "Bastard," he whispered, and quickly shut up when Soundwave gave him a dirty look.

"Please don't destroy me..." Godi whimpered, as he tried to avoid Megatron.

The Decepticon leader aimed his fusion cannon at him.

"Please..." Godi failed to suppress tears.

"Pathetic ..." Megatron spat.

Godi looked up at him, terrified and watched him start to pull back on the trigger.

"Wait," came a voice. It was Soundwave. "May I speak to you?"

Megatron nodded and the two entered an empty room.

"You don't think I should destroy him." Megatron stated.

"No," Soundwave said.

"He's hardly Decepticon warrior material."

"Agreed. However, he needs to grow and learn."

"All right," Megatron sighed, "but not here. I simply can't stand him any longer."

"Understandable. You have had no prior experience with children."

"You have?" Megatron was clearly surprised.

"Before the war," Soundwave replied.

"Soundwave, you never cease to surprise me. All right, deal with the brat."

Soundwave looked as though he smiled. He exited the room, to find Godi sitting alone, trying to suppress tears. While he was talking with Megatron, he had faintly heard the others tormenting the little one. He had failed to understand how one could derive pleasure from tormenting another. Soundwave was more understanding than most Decepticons. He approached Godi.

"Come with me."

Although frightened, the little one obeyed and followed Soundwave out of the complex. "You must surrender your Decepticon insignia and leave."

Godi nodded. He peeled the symbol from his chest and gave it to Soundwave.

"But where will I go? I don't have-"

"That is not my concern, but I must caution you not to join the Autobots. It will make Megatron angrier."

Godi nodded. "I know. I won't join them. Thank you, Soundwave, I guess you saved my life."

"You have much to learn," the larger Decepticon said, "but first, you must overcome your fears."

Soundwave turned and headed back into the base. Godi watched him go, grateful he was kinder than most Decepticons. Again, the small Decepticon became frightened. He had nowhere to go. He could neither stay with the Decepticons or Autobots, and now he had to worry about both sides killing him. As far as the Autobots were concerned, he was a Decepticon, and not all the Decepticons would be willing to give him the chance Soundwave had. Godi decided to hide, but where? The humans would consider him a Decepticon too, and hate him for it. He decided on Cybertron. He could hide inside the planet - there were many nooks and crannies, and being 800 times the size of Earth, less of a chance of being found. Although frightened, Godi mustered up some courage to sneak up to the Decepticon space bridge, and lucky enough to find a window when the guards changed, and made it to Cybertron. There were a few receiving points on Cybertron now, and Godi made sure he picked an unmanned one. Being greeted by Shockwave in ray-gun mode wasn't exactly a warm welcome.

Now, on Cybertron, Godi began to look for a place to hide. He drew a little self peace from the fact that he did not have a Decepticon or Autobot insignia on, so he may not get attacked by either side, but still was very cautious and nervous.

It didn't take him too long to find a hiding spot, a little below the surface, in a cosy little compartment, almost as big as his old quarters were. He rigged up a lighting system and was near a large generator, and so had an adequate energy supply.

The small Decepticon had been on Cybertron for a few weeks now and was walking back to his hideout.

"Godi!"

The small Decepticon spun around. "No..." he shook his head in terror and fled.

"Godi, wait!"

Ultra Magnus ran after him.

"No! Get away from me!"

The Autobot caught him. Godi tried to kick him away.

"No, please ... don't ... Ohh, why ... I JUST WANT TO BE ALONE! Please don't hurt me..."

"Godi, I'm not going to. I-"

"I had to lie to you, please..." Godi's words were broken by tears.

"I know."

"It didn't matter anyway, the Autobots moved location and Megatron almost killed me for it. He kicked me out."

"I told you, you'd be better off with the Autobots."

"I can't ... please, they'll kill me... Please, Ultra Magnus... I can't ... I know you hate me ... Please don't kill me, and if you are going to, please make it quick and painless..." Godi shut his eyes tight.

"What in the Primordial Program happened to you? You're always so afraid..."

"I can't help it... Wouldn't you be if someone ten times your size wanted to kill you?!"

"I don't want to hurt you. Please believe me. I'm not angry with you. I-"

"You're just saying that!"

"I'm not. I-"

Godi violently kicked Ultra Magnus' hand and fled. The Autobot withdrew it in pain.

"Godi, please! I want to help you! Why won't you believe me?!"

"Go away!" the young Decepticon screamed, his voice a erratic squeal.

Ultra Magnus knew there was nothing he could do and he stood, slowly. "Take care of yourself, little one," he said sadly, hoping the Decepticon heard him.

He retreated to base.

"What happened?" Optimus Prime asked, concerned.

"I saw Godi again ... He thought I wanted to kill him for lying to me. The Decepticons kicked him out. He's trapped in a world of perpetual fear. I wish I could've helped him."

"You did your best, Ultra Magnus, and if it's any consolation, I'm sure he appreciated what you tried to do. Something tells me, he'll be all right."

"I hope so." Ultra Magnus gazed across the Cybertronian landscape, but he knew, unless Godi conquered his fear, he would never be all right.

            * * *

 

It was over a year after the first battle with Unicron. Galvatron had been restored to Megatron, much to both sides relief, too the Quintessons and Sharkticons had been eradicated, but still an end to the Transformers war remained to be seen.

Ultra Magnus sat on his resting ledge in his quarters with Optimus Prime. There was a pause.

"Prime, you remember that small Decepticon I captured, that day outside Metroplex?

Prime nodded. "Godi, wasn't it?"

Ultra Magnus nodded. "I can't stop thinking about him ...

He was so scared ... Totally petrified of what the Decepticons would do to him if he failed. He was even more afraid of Megatron than Starscream was when he'd done something really naughty..."

Optimus gave a small smile.

"I felt so sorry for him. I tried to comfort him, but he was so ... indoctrinated, for lack of a better word, and petrified. I just couldn't get through to him, no matter how hard I tried. How the hell could they do that to a child? I could tell straight away he wasn't evil. I just wished the Decepticons could leave him alone, but knew they never would. He escaped them somehow. I didn't feel like a traitor, trying to help a Decepticon, but even still, he was so afraid of me. Those bastards had drummed so much fear into the poor guy, he didn't know anything else. He was scared I'd kill him for what he'd done, despite my promises otherwise. I wanted so much to help him, but he was too frightened. Maybe some would call him a wimp, but I knew there was more to him than that, if only he'd realise he wasn't suited to the Decepticons - that there were others that could help him overcome his fear. I saw him on Cybertron and tried again, but he ran away and I never saw him again. I wanted to chase after him, but knew if I did, it'd only scare him more." Ultra Magnus wiped tears from his face.

Optimus Prime took his hand. "I understand how you feel. You came to me that day on Cybertron. I've often wanted to help others and found that I could not, as hard as it is to accept. Although Godi was a Decepticon, I'm not angry with you for trying to help him. I would have done the same, and felt as upset as you if I could not have helped, and by the sound of it, he was too scared to help himself."

Ultra Magnus nodded. "He lacked self esteem and confidence, and believed everyone was against him. I wish I could have helped him. He would have made a great Autobot."

Optimus nodded. "But no doubt was terrified Megatron would kill him for being a traitor."

Ultra Magnus nodded. "I felt bad about failing to help him. I wanted to more than anything, and again, I felt I let down the Autobot Cause, not only because I failed to help him see it'd be better for him as an Autobot, but The Autobot Code says we must help others in need and I failed to do that."

"It wasn't your fault, Magnus. You did your best - everything you could. I do what I can for my cause, just like any other Autobot, and yes, I've made some stupid mistakes that I'm ashamed of, but I never lost sight of my true beliefs, and I'm sure you didn't either."

Ultra Magnus smiled. "Are you part Betazoid, Prime? It's as though you can read my thoughts."

Optimus smiled. "I know how comforting a shoulder to lean and cry on is. I've often needed one."

The two friends hugged.

"Thanks."

"My pleasure," Optimus Prime said. "Thank you for sharing your feelings with me."

Ultra Magnus smiled. "You have no idea how good it feels to get that off my chest."

"Believe me, I do."

At that moment, Ultra Magnus' computer bleeped. Optimus stood to leave.

"It's okay," Ultra said, taking the message, curiosity piqued - who could be calling him from subspace? "Magnus here."

"Hi! Long time, no see, ah?"

Ultra Magnus frowned. "Who-"

"Ha! Don't recognise me, do you? Grown a bit since our last encounter in more was than one!" The subspace called smiled. "It's me - Godi."

Ultra Magnus' eyes widened. "Godi!?"

"A shock, yeah?"

"I'll say ... where've you been?!"

"Well, I hid out on Cybertron for a while."

Ultra Magnus nodded. "So, how did you overcome-"

"Well it took a while. I ran into a small Autobot who was about as small as I was when you'd captured me. His name was Hade. I'd grown a bit by then. He was as scared as I was. At first we were terrified of each other! When we realised that we quickly became friends and helped each other."

"What happened to him?"

"He died, unfortunately, hit by a stray missile. I repaired some of his circuitry, but he got worse all the time and I didn't know anyone I could take him to. Eventually he got so bad, he wanted to die. It pained me to comply with his wishes, but it sure beat living a life of pain. I hope he's happy where he is. It kinda changed my views on death. I was afraid to be alone again, but we'd helped each other gain confidence. I started thinking for myself, really thinking for myself, and found the fear started to disappear. It was amazing. I wasn't afraid anymore. I could tell someone larger than me exactly where to go and fight them if they attacked me - It was great!" Godi wiped a tear - "for the first time, I cried for joy, instead of fear. I even fought some Decepticons off my territory and won! I'm kinda embarrassed at the nervous wreck I used to be, but we all have our learning to do."

"You're telling me," Ultra Magnus said.

"I radioed Soundwave shortly before and thanked him. He stopped Megatron from killing me and gave me a second chance. He seemed quite surprised when I told him who I was, but told me he thought I had potential and he was right, and I also told him to give the ol' bugger Megatron my love!" Godi smiled and re-enacted the scene, giving adequate impressions of both Decepticons. "'Who's that?' Megatron asks.

'Godi,' Soundwave replies.'

'What?' Megatron looks at me, 'that snivelling wimp?'

'Hey, watch your language!' I say, with a laugh.'

'I'll be damned,' he says.'

'Oop,' I say. 'Gotta go - need to call a friend.'"

Ultra Magnus smiled. "Thanks - and great impersonations! I've never heard anyone besides themselves do Megatron and Soundwave's voices so well!"

"It's fun, actually!"

Ultra Magnus laughed. "You sure have changed."

Godi nodded. "Yeah. I'm bigger too, so if you wanna capture me, I'll fight ya!"

Ultra Magnus let out a laugh.

There was a pause. "I really want to thank you for what you did for me. The kind words you gave me. At the time, I was scared and unsure what to do, but a lot of the time, particularly when I was alone, those words pulled me through and got me where I am today. You might have thought that I hadn't listened to you, but I did with all my heart."

Ultra Magnus felt a surge of warmth wade through his body.

"Thank you," he said, his voice sincere. A tear rolled down his cheek.

"Shit... All this sentimentality is makin' me hungry," Godi smiled.

Ultra Magnus smiled. "You sure have turned into a colourful vibey thing!"

Godi smiled. "Glad you approve! Hey, is that Optimus P. I see?"

"Yes."

"Hi, Big O."

Optimus smiled "Hello, Godi. I'm glad you've discovered a way out of your constricting fear."

"Hell, so am I." There was a beep. "Oo, gotta go, my ... mate's calling."

"You're mate?"

"Yeah. Oracle. She's lovely and we love each other very much... Damn, I'm gettin' all sentimental again, ahh what the fuck ... I met her at the Interplanetary Resort. We've been with each other for a few years now and I'd've never met her if it wasn't for you, Ultra Magnus. Thanks again, you've made my life wonderful."

"It's my pleasure, my friend and you've filled a gap in mine."

"Hey, the pleasure's mine, babe, g'bye my friend."

"Good bye and good journey. May the Matrix guide you."

"And you as well." Godi blew a kiss, then the screen went blank.

Ultra Magnus smiled and cried at the same time. "Primus sure does work in mysterious ways."

"A personal victory does not always give instant results," Optimus Prime said.

Ultra Magnus smiled. "You sound like your father."

Optimus smiled. "He taught me that ... and speaking of Alpha Trion, I have to see him."

"Yes, it's good to have him in the metal again, so to speak. He's an inspiration to all of us."

Optimus nodded.

"Thank you, Prime, for everything. I learned some very important lessons today."

"It's my pleasure, Ultra Magnus. One can never stop learning. Remember, I am always here if you need me."

"Thank you, and if you need my shoulder to cry on, I'll polish it up."

Optimus smiled. "Thanks. I just may take you up on that offer someday."

Both Autobots smiled and hugged. Prime exited Ultra Magnus' quarters. The blue, white and red Autobot watched his leader leave, then sighed a relieved sigh. He slid onto his resting ledge, stretched and closed his eyes, eternally grateful his soul was at peace with the Universe.

 

*

  Back to Autobot & Decepticon Fanfic Page

 

Back to Transformers Page