Disclaimers: Transformers are owned by Hasbro.

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic/fanart.

Summary: A story about Blue Streak and his friend Fusion. Fusion was an Autobot in the UK comic.

Author's note:  AU.  In the comic, Fusion was killed by Laserbeak.  In my fic he's killed by a Decepticon called Rough Cut.  Rough Cut created by Seawave.

 

Rating - PG

~~~~~~~

FUSION

 

It was on Cybertron - millions of years ago. Before the Decepticons attacked the Autobots, and began the war, Cybertron was a peaceful world with all Autobots living in peace and harmony with each other.

Then the Decepticons attacked. Many Autobot cities were destroyed. The Autobots were not violent and had no defenses against the ruthless Decepticons.

Some Autobots gathered together to try and fight the Decepticons and defend themselves.

They had to construct weapons, although they did not want to use them, they knew it was necessary.

Slowly, the Autobots began to hit back at the Decepticons. They weren't very good at fighting, as they were not used to it, but had to fight to protect themselves and their planet. Slowly, they became better fighters, but still hated it and hoped the war would end soon.

Energy was running low on Cybertron. Without it, the Transformers would not survive.

The Decepticons plundered the energy sources, whereas, the Autobots only used what they needed.

As energy became harder to find, even the Decepticons had to use it conservingly. They often fought with the Autobots over energy. Gears, an Autobot was wounded in one fight.

"Hang on, Gears," called Sideswipe, another Autobot, as he

He blasted Skywarp, a Decepticon about to shoot Gears again. Sideswipe rushed his wounded fiend to Iacon.

"Where'd he get ya?"

"My axle, dammit ..." replied Gears weak and grumpy, stuck in his vehicle mode.

"Can you transform?"

"No."

Sideswipe carried him into the repair bay.

"Ratchet, can y' repair him?"

"What's wrong?" asked Ratchet, the Autobot CMO.

"Busted axle."

"No problemo, Gears."

Sideswipe left gears with Doc Ratchet. The CMO put Gears onto the metal repair bed. Ratchet repaired Gears's axle and his transformation circuits. Gears transformed into robot mode, sitting on the bed.

"Thanks, Ratchet."

Ratchet smiled. "Be careful out there, Gears. You might get killed one day."

"I wish all the Decepticons would rust!"

"Perhaps this war will end one day."

"I sure hope so," gears said, sad, rather then grumpy. he knew it was the war that made him feel that way.

Later, all the Autobots gathered in their main control room.

"What's the use of fighting?" Fusion asked. "It doesn't accomplish anything, but destruction ... What's the point?"

"We'll all be killed if we don't fight back at the Decepticons, Fusion," said Blue Streak, "and besides, if the 'Cons win the war, who knows what they'll do to Cybertron? We have to keep fighting if there's ever gonna be any peace. Perhaps we can reason with the Decepticons."

Slowly, sadly, the Autobots found there was no way to reason with their enemies, and they had to keep fighting.

Blue Streak and Fusion were sent on a mission by Optimus Prime, their leader.

"See if you can locate an adequate supply, and keep your optical sensors peeled for Decepticons - Be careful."

"Affirmative, Prime," said Fusion. "We'll notify you as soon as we find anything."

"Good luck."

"Thanks," Blue Streak said. "We'll need it."

They transformed into their Cybertronic vehicle modes and drove off.

They had been driving for quite a long while, when Fusion said, "y'know, Blue Streak, I dunno if we're gonna find any energy. We've been searching for hours ..."

"Energy's so hard to come by now, since the Deceps nab every bit they see and don't leave any for anyone else. Greedy pigatrons. Also, they can fly so they can cover more distance than we can. They probably swiped all the energy here within a two hundred astro kilometre radius."

"Why are they fighting us?" asked Fusion sadly. "What have we ever done to them? Why are they killing us?"

"I don't know, Fusion. I just don't know."

At that moment, three Decepticons attacked from above.

"We're attacking you weakling Autobots to destroy you all and gain total control of Cybertron -- Then conquest of the Universe --"

A blast shot out one of Blue Streak's tyres. He skidded.

"Blue Streak!" Fusion exclaimed.

"I'm alright" he said, transforming into his robot mode and

began to fire at the three attacking Decepticons. Fusion transformed as well and joined in. They managed to shoot Rough Cut, the group leader of the three. He crashed onto the ground, then transformed and blasted Blue Streak, as Fusion looked back, Rough Cut blasted his shoulder. The Autobot tried to defend himself, but Rough Cut was fast and blasted Fusion first. Blue Streak quietly picked up his ion-charge disperser rifle and blasted Rough Cut twice. Skywarp and Thundercracker, the other two Decepticons blasted Blue Streak.

"Now it's your turn ..." one said with an evil grin, and they both aimed their weapons at Fusion.

Knowing there was no way to escape, Fusion was frightened, but did not let it show.

"Okay, Optimus, get 'em!" he yelled.

"Optimus Prime?!" both of them exclaimed, and spun around. Seizing the opportunity, Fusion grabbed Blue Streak's rifle blasted them both. Rough Cut was beginning to stand, than Fusion shot him.

"Get lost" he said threateningly.

The Decepticons didn't feel in any condition to fight him.

"We'll be back, Autobot," said Rough Cut, voice harsh.

As the Decepticons flew off, unsteadily, Fusion helped Blue Streak up.

"Fast thinkin', Fusion. Ya tricked 'em."

"Yeah. I was pretty scared though."

"Yeah, me too, but we gotta find some energy or we'll all starve."

They drove inside Cybertron. After a few hours of searching they found some Energon cubes.

"Ohh ..." said Fusion, relieved, "thank you, Primus ... I'm starving."

Fusion hurriedly drank one Energon cube and gave one to Blue Streak.

"Thanks."

"We have to compress all the other cubes and take them back to Iacon.

"Did you find any energy?" asked Optimus, when they returned.

Fusion and Blue Streak unloaded themselves. Optimus was grateful that the mission was successful.

Blue Streak and Fusion told Optimus of their brush with death. "I told you guys to be careful."

"We were. They attacked out of nowhere."

Optimus nodded. "You survived, therefor you did not fail."

The Autobots stored the Energon cubes in a secure room.

"We have to use this energy conservingly, Autobots," Optimus observed. "As you all know, it's very scarce these days, and we have to compete with Decepticons."

Meanwhile, Rough Cut and the other two Decepticons returned to the Decepticon base.

"Well? did you find any energy?"

"Negative, Megatron" replied Rough Cut. "We attacked two Autobots."

"Did you destroy them?"

Rough Cut took a step forward. "Well, ... uh ... no, but-"

"This is intolerable!" yelled Megatron, furious. "The three of you failed to destroy two Autobot wimps?!"

"Megatron, we-"

"You what?" asked the Decepticon leader, angrily.

"Well, they tricked us ... and took us by surprise ... "

Rough Cut could see Megatron was getting angrier. "But next time I'll destroy them. I'll blast them into sub-atomic particles. I'll rip them apart. I'll-"

"That sounds wonderful," interrupted Megatron, but can you do it?"

"Of course."

Not a few days later, Rough Cut was given orders to search for Energon cubes. Skywarp and Thundercracker accompanied him.

"Y'know, Rough Cut," Skywarp said, "I wish we'd annihilated those Autobot wimps."

"Yeah" said Rough Cut, angrily. "They will pay for that humiliation. We will not be tricked a second time."

Rough Cut looked down and saw some Energon cubes.

"Quick!" he exclaimed. "Get that energy!"

They landed.

"Let's take it back to Megatron" said Thundercracker.

"Forget Megatron" snapped Rough Cut. "There's only four cubes here. We'll use them."

Rough Cut quickly drank two of the cubes.

"Go easy, Rough Cut ..." Thundercracker said.

Rough Cut then gave the other two cubes to him and Skywarp.

Optimus Prime had been searching for energy at the time, and he stopped, when he heard the three Decepticons.

If I could capture one of them, it might prove useful... he thought. Optimus quietly snuck out of the underground passage and hid behind a large generator. He looked around, and they still hadn't seen him. Prime aimed his laser rifle, and blasted Rough Cut twice. Skywarp and Thundercracker spun around and fired at Optimus Prime, but he blasted them both, then ran to Rough Cut, who was beginning to get up. He savagely tried to attack Optimus Prime, who countered Rough Cut's violence, then quickly adjusted his laser rifle to stun and shot him. Optimus put a strong Energon band around Rough Cut's wrists and ankles and took him back to Iacon. There he placed Rough Cut inside a prison cell.

When the Decepticon regained consciousness, he was furious.

"I'll kill that Optimus Prime!"

Rough Cut felt as if he was about to exploded with anger, but also felt humiliated. He violently tried to break the Energon bands, but the more he tried, the more it hurt him. Angry, he stopped.

Optimus Prime later came into the cell. Rough Cut, on the floor, angrily looked up at him.

"When I get out of these ... I'll destroy you! I'll..."

Rough Cut saw Optimus Prime wasn't paying attention to his threats. Optimus blasted off the Energon bands around Rough Cut's ankles, so he would be more comfortable. Rough Cut stood and ran to attack Optimus Prime. Optimus grabbed his arms in an arm lock. Rough Cut tried to struggle free. Optimus held him tightly. The more Rough Cut struggled, the more it hurt him.

"Okay ... lemme go" he said gruff.

Optimus pushed Rough Cut onto the floor. Optimus Prime didn't want to hurt him, but had to defend himself. It infuriated Rough Cut that Optimus Prime was stronger than him. He wanted kill Optimus Prime and escape Iacon.

"When I get away ..." he threatened, "I'll kill ... destroy all you Autobots. I'll rip you all apart. I'll-"

"You sure know how to use your audio" Optimus said.

Rough Cut became quiet, but still wanted his revenge.

I can't force my way out of here ... he thought. I'll have to trick Prime ...

The next time Optimus Prime entered the cell, Rough Cut made himself cry.

"Please, Optimus ... I'm starving ... Please ... "

"Not showing off now, are you?"

Rough Cut couldn't show his anger. "Please, Prime ..." He pleaded, with fake tears rolling down his cheeks. "Please..." he said, in a fake voice. "I need some energy ... please, Prime, I'm starving ..."

Who cares if I'm not really that hungry, but I could do with some Energon.

Optimus Prime came back into the cell and gave Rough Cut the Energon cube. Rough Cut slowly drank it.

"Thank you."

Rough Cut stood up, still pretending to be weak.

"It's alright" Optimus said.

"I ... I guess I was just angry before ... " started Rough Cut, as he discretely edged closer to the open cell door. Outside the cell, he saw a few Energon cubes and wanted to get them. Suddenly, Rough Cut bolted out of the cell, grabbed the Energon cubes, transformed and flew out of Iacon, blasting any Autobot in his way.

Optimus swore in Cybertronian and cursed himself. "I should have seen that," but he knew he couldn't help his compassionate feelings. Optimus cared for all life, even Decepticons, bastards as they are.

"Where have you been, Rough Cut?" demanded Megatron.

"We ... we were attacked by Optimus Prime."

"Yes, yes, I know all about that. When the other two regained consciousness, you and Prime were gone."

"Prime shot me and tried to capture me, but I blasted him and got away. I started to fly back to Decepticon headquarters and found these three Energon cubes."

"Excellent," smiled Megatron.

Rough Cut was too embarrassed to tell his leader that he had been captured by the Autobots. He still wanted his revenge, but wasn't sure how to take it. He couldn't launch an attack on the whole entire Autobot force himself. He'd be severely outnumbered. He didn't want any assistance in his revenge. He wanted to get it himself.

Blue Streak and Fusion went out on missions together quite a lot. Rough Cut saw them on one mission together.

Those are the two Autobrats that humiliated me last time... he thought, but let them pass, as he was still thinking how to take his revenge.

Once, when there had been no notable Decepticon activity, Blue Streak and Fusion were on a peaceful drive together.

Now ... thought Rough Cut, they're not expecting anything. At last ... Now to take my sour revenge ...

Rough Cut thought about his four plasma missiles which he carried in jet mode. He hadn't ever had any reason to use them. Rough Cut wasn't exactly sure of their full potential, but they were designed to be extremely destructive. He wanted to use them now. Transforming into his jet mode, he flew after Blue Streak and Fusion.

"Oh no ..." gasped Fusion. "Rough Cut's on our tailpipes!"

"Drive faster!" yelled Blue Streak.

Rough Cut began to fire his laser cannons at them, but the Autobots dodged his blasts.

"I'll cover your back" said Fusion.

"Thanks, but who'll cover yours?"

"Don't worry about it."

Fusion fired at Rough Cut, shooting the tip of his wing.

"You'll never catch us, Decepticreep!"

Fusion ran over a little piece of metal on the express way. At the speed he was travelling, he skidded, and blew out his tyres.

"DIE, AUTOBOT --"

" Oops ..." said Fusion, quietly.

Rough Cut instantly released his four plasma missiles. Each one a direct hit. Blue Streak swerved around, just in time to see Fusion explode.

"FUSION!!... "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Blue Streak's scream created a strange feeling inside rough Cut, which he couldn't explain.

Blue Streak Glared up into the sky.

"YOU #@$%&%* DECEPTICON BASTARD!!!!"

Blue Streak transformed and blasted blindly into the sky, his rage almost frightening the Decepticon. Rough Cut was almost out of power and he felt he's better not leave himself at Blue Streak's mercy. Rough Cut felt satisfied with his revenge. Blue Streak watched him go, firing all the while, but realized that Rough Cut had long gone. The Autobot knelt down to what was left of his friend. Fusion's parts had been so badly mutilated, he was forever beyond repair. Blue Streak had never lost a close friend, and before he knew it, he was wiping tears away. As devastated as he was, all Blue Streak could do was swear revenge on Rough Cut.

"I was beginning to get worried," said Optimus Prime, when Blue Streak returned. "Where's Fusion?"

Blue Streak didn't answer and headed straight for his quarters.

Optimus could sense something was wrong. "Blue Streak?" he said gently.

Blue Streak turned around with tears in his eyes, and without even asking, Optimus knew what had happened, also feeling the loss. Optimus comforted his friend, but Blue Streak told him he would rather be alone.

"I understand," said Optimus quietly.

Fusion's death was felt by all Autobots. He had been loyal, friendly and quite a character, but most of all, he had been Blue Streak's special friend. The Autobots tried to comfort Blue Streak and he appreciated that, but it wasn't ever going to bring Fusion back.

"Blue Streak," Optimus said, "revenge won't accomplish anything. It won't bring Fusion back and Rough Cut may kill you in the process."

Blue Streak knew Optimus Prime was right and tried to ease his anger, but found he could not.

During the following months, Energon was becoming more and more scarce.

The Autobots often searched for some, but returned with nothing.

"Unless a new supply of Energon is found, nobody is going to win this war and we'll all die, " said Optimus Prime.

There was a silence.

"When do we start the search mission?" Prowl asked.

"As soon as you're ready to launch," Optimus replied.

It had become clear that if energy was to be found, Cybertron was not the place to search for it.

Laserbeak, a Decepticon spy left Iacon and reported back to Megatron.

"If there's a new supply of Energon to be found, the Decepticons must find it first ..."

"The Autobots are set to launch, Megatron," Soundwave informed.

"As are we ... Prepare to blast off. "

When the Autobots' Ark blasted off from Cybertron, the Decepticons followed.

Only when the Autobots cleared an asteroid field, did they discover the Decepticons. They tried to lose them but couldn't. The Decepticons dogged them and made a magnetic junction between the Ark and their cruiser. They boarded the Ark and started to battle with the Autobots. No one seemed to be winning.

The Ark suddenly started to shake. It was being dragged to the planet below. Optimus Prime tried to pull out of a crash landing, but failed. The Ark crashed into the base of a volcano and exploded. All the Transformers inside were destroyed and remained that way for four thousand millennia --

Teletraan I, the Ark's computer reactivated with a freak volcanic eruption. He sent out a sky spy to explore the new planet. It soon returned with a great deal of information about the planet and new forms for the Transformers to change into.

Teletraan I was still damaged. He first reactivated and re-modified the Decepticons.

Rough Cut was the last to be reactivated. He sat up with a start.

"What happened?! Where am I?! ..."

He calmed when Megatron explained everything to him. Slowly, Rough Cut remembered. He felt more mature now. The Decepticons left the Ark.

Teletraan I then began to revive the Autobots. The first he revived was Optimus Prime. Optimus helped Teletraan revive his friends. Blue Streak was the last to be reactivated. He sat up with a start.

"What happened?! Where am I?! ... Where's Fusion?!"

Blue Streak took a few moments before he remembered what had happened to Fusion, and shut his eyes, wishing he had awaken from a bad dream and Fusion would be there with him.

All Transformers were aware of how many years had passed since they had crashed.

Earth, the Decepticons discovered, where they had crashed, had a vast energy supply. They wanted to drain Earth's energies sources, and use them to destroy the Autobots, control Cybertron and then accomplish conquest of the Universe --

The Autobots also knew about Earth's energy and the Decepticons plans. They vowed to stop them, protect planet Earth and all its inhabitants. They soon befriended the humans and swore to protect them.

Blue Streak liked Earth. He didn't know if he liked it better than Cybertron or not, but he severely missed his best friend Fusion. Whenever he thought of home, he thought of Fusion.

He loved the peaceful countryside of Earth. Driving through it, he always thought of Fusion. Blue Streak liked animals and was always very gentle with them. He had a few peaceful secret spots which he liked to visit. He had tried his best to forget about what had happened to Fusion, because he knew there was no way that he could ever come back. He tried to change his personality, by being too talkative, which annoyed his fellow Autobots, but inside, Blue Streak knew himself.

All the Autobots were Blue Streak's friends, but he felt very extremely lonely without Fusion. He wished he could be alive and with him. Blue Streak retreated to his quarters in Autobot headquarters.

"It's so unfair ... " he said to himself. "Rough Cut didn't even give him a chance ... Why ... Why? ..."

Blue Streak knew Fusion had been killed millions of years ago, but it seemed like only yesterday.

Optimus Prime came to him.

"You can't hide it, Blue Streak, I know you're still extremely upset about what happened to Fusion. We all are."

Optimus knew just how much Fusion meant to Blue Streak.

Blue Streak's crying became louder and Optimus gently comforted him.

Later, Blue Streak dried his eyes.

"Thanks, Prime, but can you keep this between you and me?

Optimus smiled. "Sure."

The next day the Autobots captured a Decepticon. Rough Cut. This was the first time Optimus had seen him since he captured him back on Cybertron. Optimus noticed that Rough Cut wasn't as violent and aggressive as he had been back then.

Later, Optimus Prime realized that Rough Cut would be needing some Energon, really needing it this time. Enemies as the Decepticons were, the Autobots treated their prisoners well.

Optimus gave an Energon cube to Blue Streak.

"Here" he said. "I have quite a lot of work to get through. Can you give this to the Decepticon prisoner?"

"Yeah, okay."

Blue Streak started on his way to the prison cell block. He entered the cell, and stopped dead. hatred burned in his eyes as he looked at Rough Cut, sitting on the floor.

The Decepticon looked up at him, grateful that he had come with an Energon cube.

"I must have the wrong cell," Blue Streak said.

"I'm the only prisoner here," Rough Cut told him.

"Well in that case, you'd better starve."

"What?! What did I ever do to you?!"

Blue Streak threw the Energon cube at Rough Cut and it exploded, wounding him.

"I hate you ..." Blue Streak said, with a vengeance. He lunged forward and kicked Rough Cut as hard as he could in his face, then left the cell in a rage.

Later Optimus came to him.

"Did you give him the Energon cube?"

"Yes," Blue Streak said. Right in his face.

Inwardly, he felt angry with Optimus. How could he expect me to be civil to that monster?

When Optimus had gone to the cell, a few days later, he discovered what Blue Streak had done, and realized why.

After asking the Decepticon a few questions about the Decepticons, Optimus allowed Rough Cut to go. There was no longer a need to keep him prisoner.

Optimus had a long talk to Blue Streak about what he had done, but knew he couldn't change the way his friend felt about Rough Cut.

Blue Streak went on a peaceful drive in the countryside wishing Fusion could share it with him. Blue Streak often pretended Fusion was with him, and talked to him. That made him feel better, but he would rather Fusion was really with him. If Fusion was alive, Blue Streak thought about what he would show him. All his secret spots, Earth, Autobot headquarters ... Everything.

Blue Streak lay in the long soft grass of one of his secret spots, for hours, thinking about Fusion.

The Transformers were on Earth for a few years, before they constructed a space bridge to travel to their home planet, Cybertron in a matter of minutes.

Blue Streak once went to Cybertron. He remembered every single one of his missions with Fusion. He drove on the road where Rough Cut had first attacked them. Then he drove to Iacon. "Geez ... things haven't changed much in over four million years ..."

Blue Streak gathered the courage and drove along the road where Fusion had been killed. He couldn't help crying. He stopped at the exact spot where Fusion was killed. He knew exactly where it was. There was not so much as a single charred remain left on the ground, but after so much time had passed, Blue Streak hadn't expected there to be. Blue Streak often wondered how Rough Cut, or anyone could be so cruel. He sadly returned to Autobot headquarters, Earth.

"Blue Streak!" exclaimed Optimus. "We've been worried. Where were you?"

"On Cybertron."

"Why on earth did you go there?"

"Fusion ... I had to relive my old memories ... All the missions you gave us ... Where he died ... I had to go. I just had to. "

"I understand," Optimus said, his deep voice gentle.

The next day, Blue Streak went driving. It was the only way, he found to relieve tension and feel free.

Rough Cut, in jet mode was flying in the air. He saw Blue Streak below and fired at him. Frightened, Blue Streak sped away fast as he could. Rough Cut shot out one of his tyres. The Autobot skidded. Rough Cut shot out another. Blue Streak skidded again and crashed into a tree, then transformed and ran away as fast as he could. Rough Cut transformed in mid air and aimed his dual blaster cannon at Blue Streak and blasted him in the back. Blue Streak fell onto the ground, unconscious. Rough Cut took him to Decepticon headquarters and put him in a prison cell.

Blue Streak soon regained consciousness. Although he didn't want to admit it, he felt frightened and tried to get away from Rough Cut. The Decepticon stopped him. Blue Streak tried to struggle away. Rough Cut was larger and stronger than him and he could see Blue Streak was frightened.

"Calm down, Autobot. I'm not going to hurt you."

Blue Streak calmed a little. And what Rough Cut had said surprised him.

When Rough Cut entered into the cell

"Please ..." he gasped. "I need some Energon ... I'm starving ..."

"You wouldn't give me any Energon when I was starving. Why should I give you any?"

"You know why I didn't give you any, Rough Cut ..." Blue Streak spat.

Something must've happened to this Autobot a long time ago, Rough Cut thought, and he's blaming me ... Why?

He exited the cell and brought an Energon cube for Blue Streak. Blue Streak drank it slowly, but couldn't bring himself to thank Rough Cut.

Blue Streak tried to crack the computerised lock's combination number and finally managed to open the door. Blue Streak pried his way into the ammunition storage room and stole a gun.

He saw a gun on the floor and picked it up. He decided he'd need it if the Decepticon came after him. He quietly found the exit and escaped Decepticon headquarters.

All of a sudden, the alarm went off. Blue Streak gasped and drove as fast as he could away from Decepticon headquarters.

"The Autobot prisoner's escaped!" cursed Megatron angry.

"I'll get 'im" assured Rough Cut, transforming into his jet mode and tearing off after Blue Streak.

Blue Streak detected Rough Cut flying above him. He transformed into his robot mode and blasted him. Rough Cut crashed onto the ground and transformed. Blue Streak ran over to him and pointed the gun at him. Rough Cut grabbed his arm, before Blue Streak had a chance to shoot.

"I'm stronger than you, Autobot" he said, tightening his grip on Blue Streak's arm. "I could easily destroy you."

Blue Streak felt frightened. He tried to jerk free, but couldn't. He hoped Rough Cut wouldn't kill him.

"I've never done anything to you" said Rough Cut. "Why are you so hostile to me? Or are you like this to all Decepticons?"

Rough Cut let go of Blue Streak's arm.

"You killed my best friend!!"

"I did not!" exclaimed Rough Cut.

"You don't remember, do you?" asked Blue Streak upset.

"No" said Rough Cut.

Slowly, sadly, Blue Streak explained to Rough Cut what had happened to Fusion.

"I remember now ..." said Rough Cut, remembering wanting revenge, and blasting little Fusion to pieces with his missiles, "but it happened so long ago ..."

"That makes no difference to me, you Decepticon bastard! He was my best friend. "

"It was so unfair" said Blue Streak sadly. "You used four plasma missiles on him."

"It was two."

"Four."

Rough Cut realized that Blue Streak must be right, he remembered Fusion so well, and he didn't.

"It wasn't fair ... There was no way he could've stood a chance ... even with one missile ... You didn't even give him a hope. He didn't do anything to you ... How could you...?"

"I'm sorry" said Rough Cut.

This half calmed Blue Streak and half surprised him.

"I know it was unfair ... I was just so angry with you Autobots then ... I wanted to get revenge ... I didn't know how much I hurt you ..."

"As if you care. You didn't have to take your revenge out on Fusion ... It wasn't his fault ..."

"I know ... I didn't really care then, as long as I got my revenge, but if I knew how hurt you would've felt, I wouldn't've done it."

"Forgive me if I'm sceptical. I bet if you had anymore missiles, you would've destroyed me as well. "

"Maybe, Blue Streak," said Rough Cut, "but in a way I guess I've always been sorry for what I did to Fusion, even though I didn't know what the feeling was."

"You seem to have changed a lot since we left Cybertron, but don't expect me to forgive you, even if you are really sorry."

"I don't. I'll let you go and tell Megatron that you escaped. It's the least I can do for now."

Rough Cut knew had matured in the past four million years, but he was still a Decepticon and felt uneasy conversing in this manner with an Autobot.

Blue Streak nodded and watched Rough Cut transform into his jet mode and fly back to Decepticon headquarters, and realized that he didn't hate him Rough Cut anymore, even if he could never bring himself to forgive the Decepticon.

Blue Streak returned to Autobot headquarters and told Optimus Prime what had happened.

"I knew you had it in you."

"Do you think I should have forgiven him?"

"Only you can decide that. It's entirely up to you. If you decide to forgive Rough Cut, you'll know when you're ready."

Blue Streak nodded.

Late that afternoon, he went on a peaceful lonely drive to a cliff. He looked far into the distance.

"I can't go on anymore without you, Fusion ... "

Blue Streak closed his eyes.

You can, Blue Streak. You have to. You can make it. I'm always with you, wherever you are. I love you ...

"I love you too, Fusion ..."

A tear rolled down Blue Streak's cheek. All the Autobots were his friends, but perhaps someday, he would find a new special friend. Perhaps he too would die someday and join Fusion in the cyber-heavens.

As the sky was darkening, Blue Streak looked up to the stars, and squinted his eyes, and saw Cybertron, very faintly in the distance. He then opened his eyes properly. Looking at his home planet, all he could think about was Fusion ...

 

*

 Back to Autobot & Decepticon Fanfic Page

 

Back to Transformers Page