Disclaimers: Transformers are owned by Hasbro.

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic/fanart.

Summary: Nebula helps Optimus escape. Nebula created by Seawave. 

Author's note: In the original version, Nebula was the femme in it.  Another TransFan said I should use an official Femme, so I changed her to Arcee, BUT THEN WHO’S STORY IS IT?!!!  So Nebula is back!    Featured in Overlord II, issue 11, 1993. - Please note "Tanya Dean" was Seawave's old human name ;)  ... Overlord II features the Arcee version.

 Rating - PG

~~~~~

NARROW ESCAPE

 

Optimus Prime stood on a cliff's edge, looking down on the sparkling blue sea. He gazed up into the blue sky and saw some birds fly by, chirping as they went. He believed Earth was one of the most beautiful planets in the Universe, so different from his home planet, Cybertron. She was like a second home to him. He loved Earth, its creatures and never wanted any harm to come to them. He felt it was his duty to protect them all.

All of a sudden, a blast hit him. He crashed on his stomach on a lower part of the cliff, quite far down. The impact was extremely painful. He was bleeding and couldn't stand. Megatron flew down to him, and stood on the ledge. He looked at Optimus and laughed. "Now, Optimus Prime...There is no escape --"

Optimus knew it. There was no way he could escape this time. Megatron kicked him hard in his stomach, intensifying the pain. Megatron aimed his fusion cannon at Optimus Prime. The Autobot leader hid his fear.

A blast hit Megatron's fusion cannon, which went hurtling into the ocean below. Megatron almost slipped. He angrily glared into the sky, and saw Nebula land in front of Optimus, shielding him.

"You'll pay for that" Megatron cursed angrily.

"How much?"

Nebula observed Megatron was getting angrier. She tried to shoot him, but he grabbed her wrist. Optimus hoped she hadn't gone out of her league.

Megatron grabbed her gun and tried to shoot Optimus Prime.

"No!" she exclaimed, pushing Megatron's arm away, and the laser fired harmlessly upwards.

"You foolish girl!" he said angrily grabbing her.

"Who're you callin' a girl?!" Nebula snapped, trying to struggle away. Megatron tried to push her off the cliff. He forced her onto her knees and pushed her. Nebula hung onto the edge of the cliff. Megatron looked down at her.

"You are no threat to me," he said. "You couldn't be a threat to anyone."

"I wouldn't be too sure about that, Megabum," she said, somersaulting up and landing behind him.

Momentarily surprised, Megatron was off guard for a moment, which gave Nebula the advantage. She savagely pushed him off the cliff.

"Bye, bye, Mega baby" she teased. "Happy landing ....."

Megatron crashed into a large rock on the way down, then splashed into the shallow ocean. Hurt, he fumbled around for his fusion cannon and put it placed onto his arm. He was low on energy and couldn't use it, but he could still fly. He knew he couldn't win this one.

Nebula gently picked up Optimus Prime, who was now unconscious. She managed to fly with him to the top of the cliff, then gently lay him onto the ground. He was too heavy for her to fly all the way back to Autobot headquarters. She radioed home base.

"Hey, Skyfire, we need a taxi."

Within minutes, Skyfire landed and took them home.

After Ratchet and First Aid had repaired Optimus Prime, he

thanked them, walked out of the repair bay and found Nebula.

"Thank you" he said, in his deep, gentle voice.

She smiled and gently kissed him.

"Don't mention it. Did you see the look on Megatron's face when I beat him!"

Optimus smiled. "There aren't many of those moments... C'mon, let's go for a drive."

Optimus transformed into his truck mode, Nebula into her bleu and white sports car.

Optimus drove with her to the same cliff. They transformed into their robot modes and held hands. The sky was darkening. They looked at the glistening water, then at the setting sun. The light shimmered over them, as the sun disappeared over the horizon.

 

*

 

Back to Autobot Page

 

Back to Transformers Page