Disclaimers: Transformers are owned by Hasbro.

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic/fanart.

Summary: Energizer profile and story.

Author's Note: Energizer created by Seawave, Yiz and Equus.

Rating - PG

~~~~~~~~~

 

ENERGIZER

ALLEGIANCE: AUTOBOT

FUNCTION:  WARRIOR

"When do we eat?"

"True friends are more important than anything."

Profile: Energizer was created by the Autobots on Cybertron quite a way from the Autobot base in Iacon. They were attacked by Decepticons, and the Autobot they created slipped into a crevice in Cybertron and was believed lost forever. The Autobots came to consciousness. He knew nothing and couldn't even speak. He learned soon enough that he needed energy to survive. Quite a while later, he was found by the Decepticons. Since this Autobot knew nothing, they taught him how to speak, read and do many things and indoctrinated him about the Decepticon cause and beliefs. They gave him his name `Energizer' as he does that frequently. Energizer believed the Decepticons were right at first, but slowly came to realise killing and controlling the universe were not his bag of beans and changed his allegiance to Autobot. Energizer would rather eat than fight. Constantly repeating his motto. Due to his fast metabolism he needs a lot of energon. Most Transformers his size (average) need one-two cubes, three-four times a day. Energizer needs seven, five-six times a day. He has tried to cut down but it's impossible. Constant attempts to help him by his Autobot friends have all failed. Energizer, on the whole, is quite cheerful. Tries to lighten up all dull situations and see everything with an optimistic point of view. Energon always puts him in a good mood. At times, Energizer can be so busy eating, important things often escape his notice. He has been known to be so lost in eating, he failed to notice a full scale Decepticon invasion of Autobot headquarters! As fellow Autobot, Ironhide puts it, "There's a war on. He should be fightin,' not stuffin' his face." Energizer realises this, but wishes the other Autobots would understand that it isn't his fault. Energizer hates all weapons, fighting and violence in any form.

Abilities: In Peugot mode, Energizer's maximum speed is 340 mph - Range 2200 miles. His headlights can act as powerful heat rays, capable of reaching enormous temperatures. Has been known to melt his way out of prison cells in Decepticon headquarters. In robot mode, Energizer is armed with a powerful heat cannon, capable of blasting a target 100 miles away with pinpoint accuracy. He has extremely high energon consumption and very fast metabolism.

Weaknesses: His need and craving for energon is his major weakness. He's extremely easy to bribe and blackmail with energon. Sometimes gullible and forgetful, not quite as bad as Pathfinder, but forgets important things from time to time. He gets depressed from time to time as well.

-- TECH SPECS --

STRENGTH -- 6 INTELLIGENCE -- 5

SPEED -- 5 RANK -- 5

ENDURANCE -- 7 COURAGE -- 7

FIREPOWER -- 6 SKILL -- 5

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ENERGIZER

 

 

Optimus Prime darted to Ratchet and Prowl, dodging enemy blasts.

"There's no way we can beat them this time" he said, his voice grave. "We're out gunned and outnumbered. If we had reinforcements then-"

"I saw some spare parts down there," Ratchet said, pointing to a break in Cybertron's surface.

"See what you can do, Ratchet," said Optimus Prime, "and hurry."

"Will do, Prime."

Ratchet climbed down with Prowl into the break. They began to put the spare parts together.

"This is taking longer than I had anticipated," Prowl said. "Many of the parts are full, but some need repair."

"I just hope we're not too late " said Ratchet, attending to repair the upper part of the new Autobot's chassis.

They finally finished repairing the parts and assembling the Autobot.

"I hope he activates," said Prowl. "What a rush job..."

Ratchet began to energize the Autobot.

Starscream, a Decepticon dropped his cluster bombs from above on the Autobots on the surface, sending them scattering. The blast threw Ratchet and Prowl away from the Autobot they were creating. An energon cube hit the Autobot and exploded. Ratchet and Prowl quickly stood up and ran to the where they had been creating the new robot. He was gone.

"But where ..." started Ratchet, confused.

"Probably destroyed in the explosion."

Ratchet looked sad. "We needed him ... Now for sure we'll lose the battle ... There's no telling what the Decepticons will do to us ... torture us ... kill us ... And this poor Autobot ... He didn't even have a chance to live..."

"Come on, Ratchet," Prowl said gently, "there's nothing we can do."

Ratchet sadly nodded. "I'm supposed to be a doctor - I've lost people before..." Ratchet shook his head," but it doesn't get any easier..."

Prowl felt for his friend as they returned to the surface.

They saw Optimus Prime get blasted in his stomach. He was thrown backwards. The two Autobots bolted ran to him.

"Are you all right, Prime?"

Optimus was still weak, but replied, "affirmative, I'm functional. Where's the new Autobot you-"

"He didn't made it," Ratchet said, trying to come to terms with the loss.

"It can't be helped," he said, sadly after a while.

Prowl helped his leader up. Optimus called a strategic withdrawal to minimise casualties. They were fortunate managed to make it back to their secure headquarters without any more casualties. Decepticons tried to blast their way in, but couldn't break through the Autobots' force shield and left in frustration.

Somewhere in the depths of Cybertron, there was movement. The humanoid figure slowly began to activate, then sat up, looked around him, very confused and hungry, but didn't know what the sensation was or even how to feed himself. He felt cold, but didn't know how to warm himself. The un-named Autobot looked around again and saw an energon cube, fascinated by its pink fluorescent glow, he crawled over to it and picked it up. The warmth of it warmed his body. He sniffed it and quite liked the sensation and began to drink it. He felt his starving pain going. He soon realised that the pink cube was food and absolutely loved it. He saw another energon cube and quickly drank it. He wanted more, but couldn't find any.

Whenever the Autobot saw an energon cube, he quickly drank it. He ate quite a lot, sometimes more than he needed. Often he felt very hungry when he couldn't find energon. Slowly, he realised he had to use the limited energon sparingly otherwise he might die of starvation. Often there wasn't even enough for his basic needs. He would often have to go without eating for many days.

He was surviving, but barely. He was still inside Cybertron, and knew nothing about the surface, the Autobots or Decepticons or about the Transformers war. He couldn't read, write or even speak. He didn't even have a name. He felt lonely, but didn't know what the feeling was and didn't know there were others like him. He felt sad and frightened, but couldn't understand the feelings and couldn't express himself.

Energon was few and far between. It was extremely hard for the Autobot to survive.

            * * *

About a year later, two Decepticons, Skywarp and Thundercracker were flying back to their headquarters. They had completed their mission - to gather energy and luckily had found a stash. Thundercracker detected someone below the surface.

"There's an Autobot down there! Probably following us."

Skywarp smiled. "He won't do that anymore ... Let's get 'im..."

Thundercracker smiled too. They flew into a break of the surface of Cybertron after the Autobot.

"Scanners indicate this way," informed Thundercracker.

The two began to hunt for the Autobot, whom was below them.

They climbed down to the lower level.

"Brrr ... It's cold down here ... " said Thundercracker, rubbing his arms. "Must be near the coolers."

They soon detected the Autobot in the corner, behind a metal slab.

"Outta there, Autobot," ordered Skywarp, harshly.

The Autobot didn't see the Decepticons, but heard Skywarp. Although he didn't understand the words, he crept out of the corner to see what was making the strange, fascinating sound. He'd never heard anyone talk before. His mouth dropped open. His eyes widened as big as planets, when he saw Skywarp and Thundercracker. He didn't know what to make of them. He saw they had basically the same body structure as him, but was confused. He couldn't understand why they were taller than him.

"Get up," ordered Skywarp.

The Autobot wondered how Skywarp made the strange sound, and tried to make it himself, but only meaningless noises came out. He didn't obey Skywarp, because he couldn't understand him.

"GET UP!" yelled Skywarp, furiously.

The Autobot was frightened by the harshness and volume of the sound, but still didn't understand the words, so couldn't obey. He wanted to look at the two strange beings who seemed a lot like him. He tried to stand up, and kept falling over. Skywarp and Thundercracker didn't know what to make of it. The Autobot half stood up, walked over to them and curiously inspected them.

"What are you doin'?!" snapped Skywarp, jerking his arm away from the Autobot's hand.

He pointed his variable calliber machine gun at him. The Autobot wasn't scared, as he had no knowledge of weapons. Skywarp fired near him. The blast sound fascinated the Autobot. He'd never heard anything like it before, but what fascinated him more, was the pink glow of the blast. He thought it was energon. Skywarp blasted at him again. The Autobot tried to eat the blast. It shot him in his head. He didn't feel much pain, as he was instantly knocked unconscious by the blast. He fell onto the ground. Skywarp lowered him gun.

"Am I seein' things, Thundercracker, or did that Autobot try to eat my blast?"

Thundercracker shrugged. "Maybe he's mad?"

He picked up the Autobot and flew to Decepticon headquarters with his friend, Skywarp.

"We caught this Autobot" he said to Megatron.

"Excellent ... He must be new ... I've never seen him before. Throw him into a maximum security prison cell until he comes to."

Skywarp and Thundercracker did as they were commanded.

The Autobot later regained consciousness. He jerked at the strangeness and difference of his surroundings. His head was still hurting a little from Skywarp's blast, but getting better. The Autobot felt so much warmer in the prison cell than inside Cybertron, if fact, he liked the cell better!

A few minutes later, Megatron and Skywarp came in. The Autobot was scared, as Skywarp had hurt him before, but he felt scared for another reason and didn't know what it was.

"Tell me the Autobot plans or be vaporised --" demanded Megatron.

The Autobot wished he knew what the strange noises coming from the other being meant. He felt frightened and uneasy. Megatron could see this, but repeated his question. The Autobot did not understand, so could not answer.

"ANSWER ME!!" yelled Megatron, furious.

The Autobot shuddered at the loud harsh noise. All he could do was make a small, frightened whimper. Megatron continued to shout at him.

"Uh, Megatron ..." Skywarp cut in.

"What is it?"

"I ... I don't think he understands us."

"All Transformers understand this language. It's universal."

"Yeah, but come to think of it, when I ordered him to get up when we found him he looked as if he didn't understand. Maybe he's defective, or somethin.'"

Skywarp told Megatron exactly what happened when he and Thundercracker found the Autobot.

"Eating a machine gun blast ..." Megatron said, "... how delicious ..."

The Decepticons soon discovered the Autobot's illiteracy.

"Well ..." said Megatron, "... if he doesn't know anything, he won't know he's an Autobot ..."

Megatron went to the Autobot in the prison cell, ripped off his Autobot insignia and replaced it with a Decepticon.

"Since he knows nothing about the Autobots, we can indoctrinate him about the Decepticon ways and our cause."

"What's your name?" he asked the Autobot, forgetting for a short while that the other was illiterate. He then turned to the other Decepticons. "Would someone think of an appropriate name for him?"

The Decepticons began to think, but couldn't come up with an appropriate one. It didn't take the Autobot long to learn how to walk.

"Do you think we should give him some energy, Megatron?" asked Thundercracker. "He hasn't had anything to eat and he's probably starving, trying to eat a laser blast and all ... "

"Affirmative" agreed Megatron. "Take him to the energon storage hangar."

Thundercracker took the Autobot to the room and opened the door. The glow of all the energon cubes was so bright, it hurt the Autobot's eyes at first. He stared in awe at the energon. His mouth fell open and his eyes widened, bigger than ever. The most cubes he'd ever seen at one time was four. There were hundreds here, stacked up on top of each other, against each wall, from the floor to the ceiling. The Autobot blinked and stared at the energon cubes.

"What?" asked Thundercracker puzzled at the Autobot's reaction. The Autobot then fell onto his knees, grabbed an energon cube and drank it in one gulp in one second. He then grabbed another one and drank it as quick as the first. He kept of grabbing and drinking more. He was about to grab a eighth cube.

"Hey ... easy ..." calmed Thundercracker. "Uhh ... something tells me you were ... hungry."

The Autobot then wiped the excess energon away from his mouth and stood up. He tried to take another cube.

Thundercracker took him to Megatron. The Autobot wanted to go back to the energon room and kept on trying to pull Thundercracker back in that direction. Thundercracker pulled the Autobot along with him.

"Come on ... " he complained. " You've had enough to eat. You've got a stomach like a black hole!"

The Autobot couldn't understand the words, but saw Thundercracker smile and smiled back at him.

"Your names Energizer," he said to the new Decepticon.

Megatron wasn't too pleased with the new one's energy consumption, but decided to put up with him for the time being.

The Decepticons began to teach Energizer how to speak, read and write. Energizer knew now that they wouldn't hurt him. They fed him quite a lot, but Energizer, in a way, still felt he didn't belong with the Decepticons, and didn't know why.

Slowly, the Decepticons taught him everything they felt he needed to know.

"Thank you ..." he said, shy.

Megatron smiled and gave Energizer an energon cube. Energizer hastily drank it.

"He eats faster than Megatron! ... " whispered Brawl to Blast Off.

Blast Off smiled. Energizer then grabbed another energon cube.

"Try to eat slower" said Megatron, trying his best to be patient, "then you won't need to eat as much."

With quite a lot of difficulty, the Decepticons managed to slow down Energizer's metabolism and managed to cut his use down from ten cubes five times a day to eight, four times a day, but that was still a lot.

A few days later, Energizer was inside the energon room, drinking his normal intake of energon. Megatron came to him, just as he was about to drink the sixth cube.

"Energizer" he said, "I know you love energon, as do we all, but we cannot waste it. We all need it."

"Sorry ..." said Energizer, a little shy, "but I need one more cube ..."

"No - you've had enough."

Energizer was still feeling rather hungry and drank the cube.

"I SAID NO!!" yelled Megatron, blasting Energizer in his stomach.

Energizer fell onto the floor. The blast hurt him a lot and he became frightened. Megatron pointed his fusion cannon at close range at Energizer's face. Energizer was terrified, trembling like an earthquake. He tried to back away from the cannon. Megatron pointed it closer to him. Energizer was close to tears.

"HOW DARE YOU DISOBEY ME??!!" thundered Megatron.

Energizer was too frightened to say anything.

"Hungry ..." he said, after a pause, very softly, shivering. "Need energy... Not mean to dis...o...bey ... "

Megatron realised Energizer didn't quite understand his authority. He lowered his fusion cannon and calmed himself down.

"I am the leader of the Decepticons, Energizer - Your leader. Because you are new and do not quite understand, I will be lenient, but do not disobey me again."

Energizer nodded, feeling relieved that Megatron hadn't punished him. Megatron explained to Energizer more about himself, the other Decepticons and the Decepticon cause.

Slowly, Energizer became more comfortable with the Decepticons and didn't feel lonely or frightened of them anymore, but still felt like he didn't belong with them and didn't know the reason.

He slowly began to get more acquainted with the other Decepticons and began to talk with them more. The Decepticons began to accept him as one of them, despite the fact that he had originally been created by the Autobots.

Some of the Decepticons teased Energizer about his overeating habits, which upset him. He tried to put up with it, but found it very hard.

He was quite cheerful and not shy when he really got to know the Decepticons and their ways.

Later, Megatron gave Energizer a weapon. Energizer had never seen a gun before, apart from Skywarp's variable calliber machine gun, and the gun Megatron had given him looked totally different. Energizer almost shot himself with it. Megatron almost laughed, then pushed the gun away from Energizer's face and taught him how to use it.

"Oh" said Energizer. "Thank you. What's it used for?"

Megatron tried to remain calm. "For attack and defence" he almost snapped.

He explained the Transformers war to Energizer. Slowly, Energizer began to understand.

"So ..." he said, after Megatron had finished, "the Autobots are trying to stop us from accomplishing conquest of the universe, so we must destroy them ... kill them ... because they will kill us if we don't."

"Yes!" exclaimed Megatron. At last ...

Energizer wasn't sure what `kill' meant or the concept of killing, or what `conquest of the universe' was. He had never been in a battle, or any sort of fight, and didn't know what to expect.

A few days later, the Decepticons attacked the Autobots. Energizer was a bad fighter at first, as he wasn't entirely sure what to do. He watched the two sides fight for a while and got the hang of it. He then joined in the battle and began to fire at the Autobots.

"This is fun" he said, not knowing what he was doing, or realising the violence.

Energizer blasted a few Autobots. He was then shot in his chest by an Autobot blast.

"Ohhh ..." he gasped, falling hard onto the ground, dropping his gun. He fell behind a metal slab. "That hurts... Why did they hurt me? ..." Energizer felt frightened and upset. Wait a minute ... they shot me, and it hurt a lot ... and I was also shooting at them ... I hurt them ... I don't want to hurt them. It's not nice to be hurt, but Megatron says we must kill the Autobots. What is kill? Energizer was very confused. "I don't want to hurt them ..." he said, quietly to himself, "but maybe if I don't hurt them, the Decepticons won't get conquest of the universe - whatever that is. It must be worth fighting for if this war has been raging for over nine million years ... maybe I should hurt them ..." Energizer, still very confused, stood up and fired at the Autobots, being careful not to hurt them too much.

The battle was a no win - no lose situation. Before it ended, Thundercracker managed to capture a small Autobot, named Saturn. Saturn tried desperately to struggle away. He tried to yell for help, but Thundercracker covered his mouth. He then saw his friend Skywarp, lying wounded on the ground. He wanted to attend to him, but couldn't let the Autobot go. He then saw Energizer.

"Hey, Energizer, would ya take this Autobot, so I can get Skywarp?"

"Sure, Thundercracker."

Energizer then took Saturn to Decepticon headquarters. Saturn tried to struggle away from him, but Energizer wouldn't let him.

"Where'd ya get that Autobot?" asked Brawl another Decepticon, as he saw Energizer walking toward the main control room.

"Thundercracker captured him in the battle. He gave him to me so he could take care of Skywarp."

"Please let me kill him ..." pleaded Brawl.

"Kill?" asked Energizer, a little uneasy, wishing he knew what the word meant.

Before he could ask what it meant, Saturn started crying.

"No ... Please ... no ..." he begged.

Energizer could see he was frightened. It can't be that bad. It probably won't hurt ... Energizer turned to Brawl. "Okay, you can have him."

"All-right! " exclaimed Brawl, with evil excitement.

"No ..." wailed Saturn, terrified, his voice and body shaking.

He tried to struggle away from Energizer.

"Please don't let him kill me ..."

"Why are you so frightened?" asked Energizer, surprised and puzzled. "It can't be that bad ..."

"You're sick," Saturn said, still quite terrified.

"I am functioning perfectly."

Brawl grabbed the frightened Autobot and jerked him away from Energizer. Energizer was very confused and could not understand why Saturn was so frightened. Brawl forced the little Autobot into a room and locked the door. He tied him to a metal bed with energon chains. Saturn tried to struggle free, but wasn't strong enough. Brawl lit a laser sword.

"No ... please ..." wailed Saturn, his voice shivering.

"Stop your pathetic whimpering, Autobot."

Brawl began to slice Saturn from his chest down, with the laser sword. Saturn screamed with unbearable pain.

Energizer heard screaming coming from the room and wondered what was happening. He went to the small oblong shaped window on the door and looked inside. He was absolutely horrified.

How could he hurt him like that? ... he thought, shocked. Kill? That's kill? ... It's awful ... Ohh ... I shouldn't've let Brawl take him... I feel terrible ...

Energizer felt sick, seeing Saturn's blood and internals splatted all over the room. He couldn't bear to look. He quickly turned away. "Ohhhh ..." he gasped, shivers running all through his body. Energizer closed his eyes and covered his mouth. He slid down the wall and cried, soundlessly.

I know we're supposed to kill Autobots ... he thought, and if we don't - they'll kill us ... but killing is so horrible ... ohhh ... I can't stand it...

Thundercracker, a few minutes later walked past him.

"What's the matter?" he asked. "What did you do with that Autobot I gave you?"

Energizer quickly stood up.

"I ... I gave him to Brawl ... and he ... he k... killed him..."

"Oh," said Thundercracker. "Already?"

Energizer nodded. "Look in that room. "

Thundercracker did as Energizer told him. He looked into the room and saw Brawl with Saturn's blood all over his body and the mess. Thundercracker screwed up his face and winced.

"Ohh ... I'm gonna be sick."

"Exactly" said Energizer. "I know we're supposed to kill Autobots, but Brawl hurt him so much and he ... ohh ... I can't say it ..."

Thundercracker looked at him. "Energizer, I can see you're not fond of the sight of blood and guts - neither am I," he admitted, "but there are other ways to kill with less - or no pain, and... er ... less mess."

"Oh," said Energizer, feeling somewhat better. "Maybe it's not so bad."

Thundercracker gave him a puzzled look.

"How's Skywarp?" asked Energizer, quickly changing the subject.

"He's all right now. He wasn't badly wounded. Thanks for asking." Thundercracker left.

Well, thought Energizer, killing without mess or pain doesn't sound bad, I mean it was only horrible because Brawl hurt and mutilated Saturn, but without those things it wouldn't be bad. The Autobots shouldn't mind being killed without pain...

Brawl walked out of the room. Energizer didn't want to look at him with Saturn's blood all over his body.

"That was fun ..." grinned Brawl.

Energizer chose not to say anything.

"When you get another Autobot, " said Brawl, "please give him to me ..."

Energizer didn't want to, but was frightened of what Brawl would do to him if he refused.

"I'll see," was all he could manage to say.

Brawl smiled. "Gonna wash all this off" he said, walking in the other direction.

Energizer quickly went into the room with Saturn. He couldn't bear to look at the mutilated body.

"I know he's my enemy," said Energizer, quietly to himself, "but this is my fault. If I hadn't've given him to Brawl this wouldn't have happened. I let Brawl kill him, but I didn't know how he would kill him ... The little Autobot was so frightened. I couldn't understand why. I realise now."

A tear rolled down Energizer's cheek.

"Well ... the least I can do is take him to the Autobots. Maybe they can repair him ... I hope they don't think I killed him... "

Energizer secretly took Saturn to Autobot headquarters.

Skyfire, an Autobot saw him. "Hold it, Decepticon," he ordered.

Energizer froze, frightened. Skyfire ordered him to turn around. Energizer, shivering, slowly turned around. Skyfire gasped when he saw Saturn's mutilated body in Energizer's arms.

"WHAT DID YOU DO???!!!"

"I didn't kill him ... I ..."

"Shut up" ordered Skyfire, his voice cold.

"But I didn't kill him ..." insisted Energizer.

"And I'm Megatron's fairy Godmother." Skyfire quickly took Saturn's body from him. He then grabbed one of Energizer's arms.

"Ouch ... you're hurting me ..."

"I'm soooooo sorry." Skyfire's voice dripped with sarcasm. "And you think what you did to Saturn didn't hurt?"

"I told you ... " said Energizer. " I didn't kill him. I know it hurt, but I didn't do it."

Skyfire said nothing and roughly took Energizer inside Autobot headquarters. He gave Saturn to Hoist and Wheeljack to repair.

Skyfire then took Energizer to Optimus Prime and told him what had happened to Saturn.

"I didn't kill him" repeated Energizer truthfully.

Optimus looked at him. "I don't know if I can believe that."

Energizer then told Optimus Prime about giving Saturn to Brawl.

"I didn't know he was going to hurt him like that ... I didn't realise ..."

"So? What do you care?" asked Skyfire.

"I don't like pain" said Energizer. " I hate it and I hate seeing anyone else in pain."

"This from a Decepticon! Ohh, this is goooood. He's either lying or he's mad. I'll leave this one with you, Optimus."

Skyfire said nothing more and walked away.

Energizer felt frightened with Optimus Prime. He tried to struggle away from him, but the larger Autobot was stronger than him.

What if they hurt me? ... Or kill me like Brawl killed Saturn?... thought Energizer, frightened.

"What's your name?" asked Optimus Prime

"Energizer."

"Why did you bring Saturn back to us?" Optimus Prime was curious.

"It wasn't fair how he was killed ... and you Autobots would want your friend back."

Optimus Prime was puzzled. He put an energon band around Energizer's wrists and sat him in a chair. He talked with him for a while. He could tell by the tone and manner Energizer was talking to him, that he was not guilty of killing Saturn. He told Energizer this. Energizer felt much better, but still, frightened.

"Don't hurt me ..." he said, quietly, his voice shivering a little.

"I am not going to hurt you, Energizer," assured Optimus Prime, calmly. "We Autobots only hurt our prisoners, if it's necessary."

Energizer calmed down a little.

"Are you going to kill me ... painfully? Is it as bad to be killed painlessly?" he asked, uneasily.

"Being killed painlessly is more pleasant than being killed painfully, but the concept of killing is the same. No, we will not kill you."

Energizer felt confused. He wondered how killing without pain could be bad.

"Optimus Prime ..." he said, quietly, "this may sound stupid, but ... but ..." Energizer stopped, then continued. "I'm not sure ... what ... what killing ... is ... I don't know very many things ... there's so much I don't understand ... I'm dumb. I suppose ..."

"No one is dumb" said Optimus Prime, beginning to explain to Energizer about killing and various other aspects of life that Energizer did not understand.

Optimus Prime seems to be more understanding and nicer than Megatron... thought Energizer, but he's my enemy ... I don't understand ... Why isn't he rough with me like Decepticons are with Autobot prisoners? ...

Energizer felt very confused. He thanked Optimus Prime for helping him.

"It's all right, but now I have to ask you a few questions."

"What questions?" asked Energizer, a little surprised.

Optimus asked him Megatron's latest battle plans.

Optimus did help me ... thought Energizer, ... In a way I want to tell him, but I'm a Decepticon and he's an Autobot - my enemy... I have a responsibility to Megatron.

Energizer then looked at Optimus Prime.

"I can't tell you, Prime ... I know you helped me ... but I can't tell you ... I'm sorry ..."

"We need to know."

Energizer felt torn apart. In a way he wanted to tell Optimus Prime and in a way he didn't. He also felt uneasy. Optimus repeated his question. Energizer hesitated.

Ratchet then came out of the repair bay, carrying a large Cyber-glass slab.

"Prime," he said, "Saturn's going to be all right."

Ratchet looked across the room and saw Energizer. His mouth fell open. He dropped the glass slab. It shattered on the floor in many fragments. Ratchet stared at Energizer.

"What happened?!" exclaimed Optimus Prime, spinning around, in the chair.

Ratchet could barely talk. He pointed at Energizer. "He ... he... he's the ..."

Ratchet was too shocked to say anything and fainted. Optimus Prime was quite surprised. He stood up, walked to Ratchet and picked him up. Energizer saw his chance to escape and quickly took it. Optimus jerked, and wanted to recapture the Decepticon, but his friend was more important. Ratchet was bleeding, where he'd fallen on the glass pieces. Optimus Prime took him to the repair bay.

"He's just fainted," he said. "He should be all right, but I have to repair his cuts."

He dabbed the blood away with a damp Cyber-cloth, then took the few pieces of glass out of Ratchet's skin. Ratchet soon regained consciousness. He sat up and put his hand on his head.

"Ohhh ..." he groaned.

"What happened, Ratchet?"

"That Autobot ..." blurted out Ratchet. "... He ... he..."

"What Autobot?" asked Optimus Prime, confused.

"I mean Decepticon ..." said Ratchet, correcting himself. "He ... he ... he ..." Ratchet gave himself a moment to calm down. "Prime, do you remember about a year ago, in that battle, - you know the one where we got our cabooses whacked - when Prowl and I created that Autobot?"

"Yes," said Optimus Prime, nodding sadly. "I remember. The one who was destroyed."

"Well ..." started Ratchet - "that Decepticon was him..."

"What?! Are you sure?"

Ratchet nodded. "Yes, Prime. I remember him well. Prowl and I thought he'd been killed in the explosion. We felt so sorry for him and so upset..."

Optimus Prime nodded slowly. "Obviously he wasn't killed. The Decepticons've found him and changed his allegiance."

"Do you think we could change him back into an Autobot?"

"I don't know, Ratchet. I hope so, but even although we Autobots created him, the Decepticons have found him now, and indoctrinated him about their ways and cause. We can only do our best. Somehow, I sense there's still an essence of Autobot within him."

Ratchet smiled.

"But," continued Optimus Prime, "we can't force him to join us if that is not his wish."

"I understand, Prime."

Ratchet climbed off the bed, hoping 'The Autobot' would come back to them. Ratchet then walked towards the door.

"Prime," he said, turning around, "did you catch his name?"

"He said his name was Energizer."

"Wonder why they called him that? ..."

Optimus gave a small shrug and left Ratchet to ponder his thoughts.

* * *

A few days later a battle raged between the Autobots and Decepticons. In the battle, Energizer saw Ratchet. He remembered how shocked Ratchet had been when he first saw him. Energizer had felt puzzled, and wanted to know why Ratchet had reacted the way he did. He ran over to him, behind enemy lines, and reached Ratchet unharmed. Ratchet then spun around. He didn't know what to do. He knew Energizer was a Decepticon - his enemy, but couldn't bring himself to shoot him. Ratchet's hands were shivering. He dropped his weapon. Suddenly, a bomb dropped from the sky, exploded near Ratchet. Both he and Energizer fell onto the ground. Energizer fell on top of Ratchet. Ratchet tried to struggle away. Energizer was larger than him and Ratchet felt frightened. Energizer could see this.

"I'm not going to hurt you," he said, gently.

Ratchet calmed a little. This was the first time he'd heard 'The Autobot' speak. Ratchet often wondered what he would have been like if he had been brought up by the Autobots. Energizer then released Ratchet's arms.

"Why ... why were you so shocked before when you saw me with Optimus Prime?"

Ratchet wanted to tell Energizer the reason, but felt he couldn't.

"Why did you ..." began to ask Energizer again.

Ratchet slowly shook his head and burst into tears. Energizer was very surprised.

"What's wrong? ... I-"

Ratchet pushed him out of the way and ran away. He then transformed into his ambulance mode and sped as fast as he could into the distance. Energizer stood up.

"I wonder what's the matter with him? ... I must've upset him, but how? ... I didn't mean to hurt him ... What did I say?" Energizer felt very confused and also felt bad about upsetting Ratchet.

After the battle, the Decepticons captured Beachcomber. Energizer saw he was frightened.

I hope they don't kill him ... he thought, worriedly.

The Decepticons took Beachcomber back to their headquarters. They tied him to a metal bed with energon bands and began to interrogate him. The Autobots had no immediate plans, so Beachcomber could tell them no information, and being extremely loyal, wouldn't tell them any Autobot secrets or weaknesses. Megatron then ignited a laser sword. Energizer jerked, feeling his insides contract. Beachcomber tried to struggle out of the energon bands.

"No ..." he said, his voice shivering. "Like, don't do this..."

"I'll do more than this, Beachcomber ... " smiled Megatron, evilly.

Beachcomber, unsuccessfully tried to struggle free. "It creates bad karma, you know."

Megatron ignored him. The other Decepticons in the room watched as Megatron was about to stab the sword into the Autobot's chest.

"Wait ..." called out Energizer, suddenly. "Do we have to hurt him? ..."

All the Decepticons heads turned in the direction of Energizer. They all stared at him. Energizer felt uncomfortable. At first, Megatron didn't know what to say.

"Why not, Energizer?" he asked at last.

"Because ... well ... it's not nice to be hurt ... I don't like it ... and to be hurt so much is terrible ... I mean..."

"Let me get this straight," interrupted Megatron, "are you telling me you're feeling compassion for this Autobot?"

"Well ... sort of ... It's not fair to ..."

"Come with me, Energizer," ordered Megatron, cold and harsh.

Energizer uneasily followed him. Megatron roughly grabbed his arm and pulled him into a room. He let him go and slammed the door.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE PLAYING AT?!"

Energizer shuddered, felt frightened and began shivering inside.

"What? ..." he asked, confused. "All I said was ..."

"You disgust me ..."

"I-"

"Shut up!"

Energizer didn't want to disobey Megatron, but felt he had to have his say. "I-" he began again.

"I SAID SHUT UP!!"

Energizer silenced.

Megatron knew Energizer had originally been created by the Autobots. Taking this into account, he tried to calm himself.

"You were created by the Decepticons" he lied. "Then you were lost for quite some time. Years later, you were captured by the Autobots and reprogrammed. They used you and then tried to destroy you. You obviously survived and have no memory of that. We found you again and took care of you. Obviously those years alone have diminished your loyalty."

Energizer felt hurt.

"I am loyal to you and the Decepticon cause, Megatron," he said, "it's just that I don't like seeing others in pain."

Megatron managed to hold his temper, and managed somehow, but wasn't sure how long he could keep it up.

"I'm sorry ..." confessed Energizer, "I know I'm a Decepticon, but I can't hurt or kill Autobots ... I just ..."

Megatron exploded.

"YOU ARE A DECEPTICON FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! WE DESPISE AUTOBOTS!!"

Energizer felt very frightened, and wanted to ask Megatron exactly why the Decepticons should hate the Autobots, but was frightened Megatron would get angrier than he already was and didn't want to upset him.

"I didn't say I liked them, Megatron. I just..."

"SHUT UP!!"

Megatron then gave himself a moment to calm down. He then looked directly into Energizer's eyes.

"You will obey my EVERY order, otherwise, you will be killed. Do you understand me?"

Energizer swallowed.

"Well?"

Energizer nodded, feeling extremely uneasy.

Megatron looked directly at him. "Remember, Energizer -- SHOW NO MERCY --"

Energizer said nothing and was still shivering. Megatron took him back into the room with Beachcomber who was still trying to struggle free.

"My first order, Energizer, is to terminate this Autobot --"

He handed Energizer the laser sword.

Energizer knew 'terminate' was another word for kill. "But I ... I ... can't ... uh ... I ... uhh ..."

Energizer's voice was shivering. He had to stop. He didn't know what to say or what to do. He almost burst into tears.

"Have you forgotten our little talk, Energizer?" Megatron pushed.

Energizer slowly took the laser sword from Megatron's hand and ignited it. He pointed it at Beachcomber's chest.

"I can't do this ..."

Megatron glared at him.

"Do it or die --"

He pointed his fusion cannon at Energizer, in a threatening manner. Energizer looked at Beachcomber. Beachcomber could tell Energizer didn't want to hurt him. He was puzzled, but also grateful, but knew even though Energizer didn't want to hurt him, his painful fate was not up to Energizer. It was up to Megatron, and Beachcomber knew exactly what Megatron was going to do. Energizer looked into Beachcomber's frightened eyes and shook his head.

"I ... I can't ..."

Megatron furiously blasted Energizer in his stomach. Energizer fell onto the floor. He put his hand gently over his stomach. Megatron walked over to him.

"This is your last chance. If you do not kill this Autobot, you will watch me terminate him in pain and then feel yourself painfully terminated. Believe me ... I'm being incredibly patient with you."

Shivering, Energizer slowly stood up and picked up the laser sword. His hands were trembling. He pointed the sword at Beachcomber and touched it slightly onto his metal. Blood oozed out of the small cut.

Energizer screwed up his face. "Ohhh ... I can't ..."

Energizer faked a faint.

Megatron grunted. "Take this pathetic wimp to his quarters until he regains consciousness, then I will deal with him."

"You gonna destroy him?" asked Brawl.

"First I'll force him to kill this Autobot, then perhaps..."

Brawl and Blast Off picked up Energizer and roughly dumped him into his quarters.

Later, Energizer regained consciousness. He was very upset.

I can't kill ... I'm not like the other Decepticons ... Megatron is too cruel ... He doesn't understand how I feel ... Optimus Prime seemed to understand ... He seemed to care about me more than Megatron ... He explained to me many things I didn't understand ... but Prime's my enemy ... Maybe I should join the Autobots, but then Megatron will kill me ...

Energizer was torn apart by the two things and felt very frightened. He thought for a while.

"I want to become an Autobot," he decided after an intense period of thinking. "How can I escape? ..."

Energizer tried to think of a way.

Hang on ... I have a gun ... I can shoot Megatron with it... but that'll hurt him ... but he hurt me and he wouldn't've cared if I hurt that Autobot ... If I shoot him, it may be my chance to escape ... but I have to make him unconscious ...

Energizer picked up his gun and checked it was fully recharged.

A few minutes later, Megatron walked into Energizer's quarters.

"Energizer ..." he started.

"Yes, Megatron ... I ... I'm sorry about my performance in there. I have been trying to feel more confident and I have decided ..."

"That's good, Energizer. Decided what? "

"I've decided that I do not belong with the Decepticons."

Megatron jerked and was a little shocked at first.

"What's that supposed to mean? ..."

"It means, Megatron, that I do not want to be a Decepticon anymore. "

"I am your leader, " he said. "HOW DARE YOU DEFY ME??!! I..."

Energizer quickly blasted Megatron three times in his stomach. Megatron was taken by surprise and could not retaliate. He fell and Energizer blasted his fusion cannon, and then blasted him twice more. Megatron fell unconscious - at least for now.

Energizer quickly left and flew to Autobot headquarters.

Slingshot and Skyfire saw him land outside.

"What're you doin' 'ere?" demanded Slingshot.

"I have come to join the Autobots. I ..."

"Yeah, yeah, sure, sure. Whatever you say. We've heard that one before. Come with us - now."

Slingshot roughly grabbed Energizer's arm. Energizer felt if he tried to retaliate, it would be viewed as evidence against him and went a long with Slingshot and Skyfire.

"I promise I'm not lying" he insisted, firmly.

Slingshot gave a forced smile. They took Energizer to Optimus Prime.

"This one says he wants to be an Autobot, now," said Skyfire disdainfully.

"Can you believe it?!" was all Slingshot could say.

Optimus was silent for a moment.

"Still," he said, after a while, "we have to interrogate him."

"He's lying, Prime," insisted Slingshot. "It's written all over his chassis."

"Perhaps. Perhaps not." Skyfire said. "I was a Decepticon once too."

"Well I reckon he's-"

"Wait there, Slingshot, Skyfire," said Optimus Prime, "I have something to tell you."

Optimus temporarily put Energizer in a prison cell, then returned to Slingshot and Skyfire.

"Prime," began Slingshot, when he returned, "that Decepticon's lying he-"

Optimus Prime told the two Autobots Energizer's history.

"So that's the Autobot Ratchet and Prowl are always talking about ..." said Skyfire.

"Yes" said Optimus Prime.

"Well," said Slingshot, "he was an Autobot - now he's a Decepticon."

"I know," Optimus said, "but somehow I sense there's still some Autobot feelings in him. I recall explaining a few things to him about fighting and killing that he did not understand. He told me he didn't like fighting, hurting others or killing. He may be a Decepticon, but he doesn't seem like a Decepticon. Perhaps there is some truth in what he's saying."

Slingshot and Skyfire thought about what Optimus Prime had just said.

"... I feel guilty blaming him for killing Saturn the first time ..." admitted Skyfire. "I didn't believe him and he was telling the truth, but I don't know if he's telling the truth now. I hope so."

Optimus Prime looked at him. "So do I."

The Autobot leader went to Energizer. "I'd like to believe you, but first we must interrogate you thoroughly."

Energizer nodded. "I understand."

Optimus Prime began the interrogation.

Energizer told Optimus his story - living inside Cybertron, being cold, limited energon supplies ... right up until he was found by the Skywarp and Thundercracker. He explained how the Decepticons taught him to speak, read and write and other things they had taught him. Optimus Prime listened intently to what Energizer was telling him. He really wanted to believe him, but so many Decepticons had wanted to `become Autobots,' that caution could never be overlooked.

"I'd love to believe you, Energizer, but I can't be too sure. I can't be certain unless I can read your mind with our mind probe."

"That's fine, Prime. It'll prove I'm telling the truth."

Optimus Prime nodded. "I'm afraid the newer model of the probe is malfunctioning and I'll have to use the older one, but it'll hurt a little, just be prepared for it."

Energizer nodded.

Optimus Prime walked to the ledge and picked up the probe. He noticed that Energizer was still keen to go through with it, even although Optimus Prime had told him it would hurt. A lie, of course, which often made the Decepticons uneasy, and then you could spot the fibbers a mile off.

He's either telling me the truth, or he's a damn good actor, Optimus thought. Only one way to find out ...

He activated the probe and scanned Energizer's mind.

Optimus Prime turned off the mind probe and smiled

"You are telling the truth ..." he said, after a pause.

"Didn't you say that it would hurt?" Energizer asked, puzzled.

"I lied."

Optimus handed him an Autobot insignia. Energizer tore off his Decepticon one and replaced it.

"You are now a true Autobot."

Energizer was proud of it, and felt much better.

"Thank you, Optimus Prime. And you are my true leader."

Optimus smiled gently. "You haven't had anything to eat for quite a while " he said. "You must be hungry."

"Starving ... I thought you'd never ask ..."

"Sorry ... " confessed Optimus. " I should have asked you earlier."

He took Energizer to the energon room. Energizer grabbed and drank eight energon cubes in about as many seconds.

"I see why they named you Energizer."

Energizer smiled. "Thundercracker gave me that name" he said. "... He was the only one who was kind to me ... I have a very fast metabolism ... and a kind of addiction to energon ... When I was alone, inside Cybertron, energy was very scarce. I went hungry a lot of the time. I almost starved to death. With the Decepticons, well, there was so much energon, I could barely control myself! Sometimes when I went for days without energon, I wonder how my stomach coped!"

Optimus Prime laughed a little.

"Try to cut down if you can" he said. "We must conserve as much energy as possible."

"I'll do my best, thanks, Prime."

Optimus gave him a gentle pat on his shoulder.

"What if I can't cut down? ..." Energizer sounded worried.

Optimus could hear it in his voice. "Don't fret" he calmed, gently. "I'm not going to force you to cut down if you can't. I'm just asking you to try. "

"I'll do my best, Prime," promised Energizer, sounding very determined. He paused. "M ... Megatron used to get very angry with me when I ate so much. He-"

Optimus could tell Energizer was frightened. Optimus smiled.

"I can imagine ... but I'm not Megatron."

"You're much kinder and nicer than Megatron."

"I should hope so!"

energizer smiled, then gasped suddenly.

"What is it?"

"I just remembered - The Decepticons captured Beachcomber before I left and they were going to kill him ..."

Energizer guided Optimus Prime to Decepticon headquarters, undetected through a secret passage.

"This'll come in handy" noted Optimus Prime. "How did you know about it?"

"Megatron told me about it when the Decepticons showed me around the headquarters."

Energizer switched off the security alarm. He and Optimus arrived at the room where the Decepticons had tied Beachcomber to the bed. He was still there, fortunately unharmed.

"Are you a sight for sore eyes, man!"

Optimus and Energizer quickly returned to Autobot headquarters with him. Optimus told Beachcomber about the new Autobot member.

"Thank you, Energizer," he said.

"Thank me? What for?"

"You took a lot of courage to say what you felt in front of Megatron."

"That's fine, Beachcomber. I saw Brawl kill Saturn ... It was terrible ..." Energizer shut is eyes, recalling the incident. "I could not do it to you."

Optimus Prime smiled gently at them. "You'll be grateful to know that Saturn has been fully repaired."

Energizer smiled, grateful.

The Autobots began to teach him their ways and the importance of the Autobot cause. They did not indoctrinate him as the Decepticons had done, but left him free to make his own decisions and have his own conclusions and opinions. Energizer felt confused and asked many questions.

"It's hard for you, I know" said Optimus Prime, "since the Decepticons have forced you to believe their ways."

To help Energizer understand, Optimus Prime compared the Autobot cause to the Decepticon cause. Energizer soon began to understand.

"Why aren't you forcing me to believe your ways?" asked Energizer.

"We Autobots believe our ways are the right ways," said Optimus Prime, "but there are many different ways to interpret them. We will not force you to believe anything you don't want to."

Energizer felt much freer with the Autobots. He had not found any Autobot beliefs that he did not want to accept and he found he had a much deeper connection with them.

Energizer thanked the Autobots for their care and understanding of him. Optimus Prime gave him a friendly smile. Energizer wanted to ask him a question, but was too shy to say anything.

"Opti ..." he started, but then stopped.

"What is it, Energizer?"

Energizer looked at the floor.

"It's all right" Optimus said, gently. "Don't be shy. Tell me. I'll understand."

"I'm ... I'm ... hun...gry ..." said Energizer, very softly.

Optimus Prime smiled. "That's all right."

Optimus led him to the energon room. Energizer quickly drank eight energon cubes.

"I know you use a lot of energon " said Optimus Prime. "There's nothing wrong with that, but just remember, we all need to use it."

"Sorry, Prime ..."

Energizer sounded upset. Optimus Prime comforted him.

"It's okay. I'm not angry with you. Use all the energy you need, but use it conservingly."

Energizer nodded.

The Autobots soon accepted Energizer as one of them and didn't suspect him of any Decepticon fraud.

Later, Energizer went to the energon room. There were nine energon cubes in there. He drank his usual eight. He then looked at the ninth one. He didn't need it, but wanted it and is addiction drove him to drink it.

Windcharger, another Autobot then came into the energon room.

"Is there any energon?" he asked, sounding quite hungry.

Energizer felt guilty and scared.

"N ... No ... there were nine cubes and ..."

"You drank nine cubes?!"

"Yeah ... I ... I'm sorry ... I should have left you one... I'm trying to cut down... I ... I'm sorry ... "

Windcharger felt sympathetic.

"It's all right. I'm not absolutely starving, but you should think more of others in the future."

Energizer nodded, feeling guilty. "I didn't know anyone else needed some ..." he said, almost crying.

"I know," said Windcharger, understanding. "Don't take it too hard on yourself."

Energizer smiled, feeling a little better.

He really wanted to cut down his energon intake. He managed to cut down from eight cubes four times daily, to seven three times a day. It was very hard for him to do and he had to struggle, but for his size, that was still a lot of energon. Some of the Autobots were quite angry with him at times.

"Leave some for us," Cliffjumper snapped. "Haven't you ever heard of a diet?"

Energizer felt hut. Cliffjumper didn't know or understand how hard it was for him to cut down in the first place. He chose not to say anything and walked away.

Energizer tried a diet. He tried to cut down from seven to six. It seemed to be working, but was very unpleasant. Energizer tried it for a week. He couldn't stand it and reverted back to seven cubes three times a day.

Some Autobots continued to insult him. Energizer felt hurt, but tried not to get angry.

"I try to cut down ..." he told them, "but I can't ..."

They didn't seem to understand. They continued to tease him. It hurt Energizer a lot. He then slammed the energon cube he was holding in his hand down on a ledge in the energon room and stormed off to his quarters, slamming the door behind him. He then sat on the floor and burst into tears.

"Why can't they understand? ... It's not my fault ... I can't help it ... Why does everything have to be so hard?..."

Energizer sniffed and wiped the tears away from his cheeks. He wanted someone to talk to, but didn't know who. "Optimus Prime is very understanding ... but can I tell him my problems? ... He's probably too busy to worry about one Autobot."

A few minutes later, Optimus Prime was walking along the corridor and heard crying coming from one of the rooms. He quickly walked to it and saw it was Energizer's. He quietly opened the door and walked inside. He saw Energizer sitting on his resting ledge, crying. He sat down to him and gently put his arm around his shoulder.

"What's the matter?" he asked softly.

Energizer gasped and quickly dried his tears. He looked away from Optimus Prime.

"Nothing's wrong ..."

"Crying for nothing?"

Energizer tried hard to keep his tears back.

"No ... no ... you don't wanna hear about my problems ... You're too busy."

"Yes," said Optimus Prime. "I am busy, but never too busy to help or hear out a friend."

Energizer was touched and began to tell Optimus what was troubling him, grateful there was someone he could talk to.

"I'll speak to them, Energizer," promised Optimus. "They'll have to learn to get used to you. They don't mean to hurt you."

"I know they don't mean it, Optimus."

The Autobot leader smiled. There was a long pause.

"Optimus, how was I created?" He told Optimus what Megatron had said. "At the time I believed him, but now I'm not sure."

"Trust him ..." Optimus Prime said, disdainfully. He hesitated, then told Energizer the story from the beginning.

Energizer gasped. "So that's why Ratchet was upset ..."

Optimus had a puzzled look on his face. Energizer told him about talking to Ratchet in the battle. Optimus nodded.

Energizer told Optimus more about what happened to him inside Cybertron.

"It must've been so hard for you ... I wish we'd've known..."

A tear rolled down Optimus Prime's cheek.

"I ... I've never seen you crying before, Prime ..." said Energizer.

Optimus smiled and wiped the tear away. "Everybody cries now and again," he said. "Listen, I'll talk to the others. I know they don't understand and you and I can help that."

Energizer smiled. "Thanks."

Optimus smiled and patted his friends shoulder.

Another time, Energizer was having his usual intake of energon cubes. Some Autobots were teasing him. He didn't want them to see how upset he was. Ratchet and Prowl were coming to the energon room. They tried to stop the other Autobots from teasing him.

"You could've created him with a smaller stomach!" teased Brawn.

Ratchet furiously glared at him. "SHUT UP!!"

Not another word was spoken. Ratchet and Prowl walked away with Energizer.

"Thank you" he said.

Ratchet smiled. "It's fine. Don't let them bother you."

"I wish they'd understand ... " said Energizer, sadly.

"They will eventually" assured Prowl.

There was quite a long pause.

"Ratchet, Prowl ..." started Energizer. "... I'm sorry about what happened in the battle ... I didn't know ... I-" Ratchet smiled gently. "That's okay, Energizer. I know you didn't know. It wasn't your fault."

Energizer smiled, then began talking with Prowl, who he didn't know very well.

"I was quite upset when we thought we'd lost you."

"Some of you seem to care about me so much ..." said Energizer, touched.

"We all care about you, Energizer," assured Prowl.

"It's just that some Autobots don't realise" added Ratchet.

"Thanks, guys. You've made me feel a lot better ... I guess you're like ... my parents ..."

Ratchet smiled. "I guess so."

Optimus Prime soon spoke to the other Autobots about how Energizer was feeling. They began to understand him and began apologising to him, some in private, some in groups. Energizer forgave them all and felt much better. They all started helping him to cut down. It worked a little, but Energizer still ate a lot. Optimus Prime worked out a plan that would satisfy everyone. All the Autobots would recharge, Energizer would be the last, have his usual energon cubes and if there were any left over, he could have them.

"This way," said Optimus, "no one'll be hungry and everyone will be satisfied."

"But, what if there's no energon cubes left for me when I have to recharge?" asked Energizer, sounding quite worried.

"It's all been worked out, Energizer," assured Optimus. "There may not be any leftover cubes, but there will be enough for your daily intake."

Energizer calmed down and nodded. "Thank you ... sorry ..."

Optimus Prime smiled at him.

The plan was working perfectly. A few times, there weren't any leftovers, but Energizer coped. The Autobots then started producing more energon cubes to satisfy everyone. This way, it didn't matter how much how much Energizer ate, as it didn't affect anyone.

This is the kindest thing anyone's ever done for me ... thought Energizer, touched. He wanted to show his gratitude to the Autobots, but didn't know how.

One day, at about noon, Cybertron time, Energizer was sitting in the energon room, drinking energon cubes and heard some blasts outside.

"A battle!" he exclaimed. He then looked at his half drunken energon cube.

"Who cares? I'd rather eat."

Energizer continued drinking the energon cubes. He then sucked his fingers. He suddenly heard a blast from inside the headquarters.

"What was that?!" he jerked. "... Probably someone's weapon going off by mistake ..."

Energizer drank another cube, then heard some more blasts.

"What is this?!! Can't I eat in peace??!!"

He stormed out of the energon room in anger and saw the Decepticons had invaded Autobot headquarters and almost taken total control.

"Brilliant, Energizer ..." said Sideswipe in an angry, sarcastic tone. "You picked a wonderful time to join in ..."

"I'm sorry ... I didn't know ... I was ..."

"Eating? What else would you be doing? Is there anything you care more about than energon?"

"Well ... I ... uh ..."

"SHUT UP AND FIGHT!!!!"

Energizer jerked, a little shocked. The Decepticons began firing at him and Sideswipe. The two Autobots returned the fire. The Autobots defended their headquarters with everything they had.

After a long, hard battle, they managed to drive the Decepticons out and force them to retreat. Before the Decepticons all pulled out, they Quickly grabbed two Autobots as captives - Bumblebee and Energizer and returned with them to Decepticon headquarters and took them to Megatron in the main control room.

"Welcome back, traitor ..."

"Traitor, Megatron? You lied to me! The Autobots created me.

"And then they left you."

"They didn't leave me. They thought I'd been destroyed."

"The Decepticons found you" said Megatron. "You were cold, starving, frightened ... We took care of you. We gave you intelligence, courage, speed and taught you ..."

"Give me a break! You taught me how to fight, hurt and kill. Three things I would rather not know. You were 'kind' to me only because it suited you. You didn't care about me. You forced me to hurt, fight ... kill... I didn't want to. You forced me to believe it was right. It was not. I am not a traitor. I didn't know what I was doing. I didn't volunteer to join the Decepticons. You made me into a Decepticon, before I could even think for myself. Although I was not conscious of it, deep down, I've always been an Autobot."

"Ohhh ... how touching ..." the Decepticon leader said, with a more than a hint of sarcasm.

Energizer said nothing.

"Energizer, I have a little deal to offer you ..."

The Autobot didn't like Megatron's tone, but said nothing. Megatron lead the two Autobots into the secondary control room. Stacked in there, was an enormous stack of energon cubes. Energizer's eyes bulged - and he realised just how hungry he was - he hadn't finished eating before the battle. He was craving the energon. He wanted to run towards the stack, but controlled himself.

"What do you want?" he asked, forcing his eyes to turn from the stack of energon cubes to Megatron.

"I want to give all this energon to you."

Energizer could not believe it. "What?! Give it all to me?! But... oh wow ... I ... but why are you-"

"But" said Megatron, " First I want you to do something for me."

"What, Megatron? I'll do it now."

"Energizer" started Bumblebee, "don't you realise? He's-"

Megatron looked directly at Energizer.

"The penalty for treason is death, Energizer but I'm going to give you a chance to redeem yourself."

"So my capture was not random?"

"No."

"I don't understand what you want from me."

"I want you to become a Decepticon once more - and I'll let you live but first you must kill Bumblebee."

Energizer gasped. Bumblebee jerked. There was a long pause.

"I'll be kind to you, Energizer. I'll allow you to kill Bumblebee painlessly."

Energizer swallowed hard. He felt his stomach twist. There was silence for a while.

"Being killed painlessly is more pleasant than being killed painfully, Megatron," said Energizer, "but the concept of killing is the same. Taking someone's life is killing, no matter what way you look at it."

"Who told you that?" snapped Megatron.

"Optimus Prime."

Megatron gave an angry grunt. "Trust him ... Well, in whatever way you kill him, I promise all this energon will be yours and yours alone. Nothing should supersede the value of energy."

Energizer looked at the cubes. There was more than five hundred -All would be his if he killed Bumblebee. He looked at Megatron.

"I have just discovered, Megatron," he said, "There is one thing more valuable than energon."

"Like what?"

"Nothing should supersede the value of friends."

Megatron let out a furious scream and blasted at them both. One of the blasts hit Bumblebee. Energizer pushed him out of the way as Megatron was about to blast him again. Megatron leapt on top of him. He was stronger than Energizer, but Energizer violently kicked Megatron off him and ran to the stack of energon cubes. Megatron wanted to blast him, but knew if the cubes detonated, he would risk losing his headquarters and own life as well. He pointed his fusion cannon at Bumblebee, still lying on the floor and blasted.

"NO!!" Energizer screamed. He grabbed three energon cubes and hurled them at Megatron. They exploded, throwing the Decepticon leader unconscious onto the floor. Energizer grabbed his gun, and blasted some advancing Decepticons, then picked up Bumblebee, and made good his escape.

He transformed into his vehicle mode, put Bumblebee inside him. The little yellow Autobot wasn't moving and was bleeding.

"Hang on, lil' buddy ..." Energizer's mind, heart and wheels were racing. He had to get his little friend home and fast - it may already be too late.

"Is there anything you can do for him Ratchet?"

The Doc examined Bumblebee's body. "I'm not going to beat around the bush. It looks grim. That was some blast he took, but I'll do everything I can for him."

Energizer nodded.

"It's not your fault," Ratchet said. "Don't blame yourself."

Tears were rolling down Energizer's cheek as he looked at Bumblebee lying motionlessly on the repair-bed.

"He was so lively - so full of life ... always loved a challenge ... and now look at him ... I'll get that son of a bitch Megatron if it's the last thing I do!"

"I know how you feel, Energizer, but he's not dead. I'm picking up a faint sign of life ... But I'll have to operate quickly if I'm to save him."

"Is there anything you need, Ratchet?"

"I'll need a blood transfusion. He's lost a lot of it."

"You got it."

Energizer waited patiently in the repair bay. He had given Bumblebee some of his blood, and hoped his little friend survived.

"That's all I can do..." Ratchet said, hoping.

They both watched Bumblebee, lying on the bed. Energizer could not control his joy when he saw the little Autobot open his eyes.

"Bumble!"

"Ohh ... I don't think I'm in Kansas anymore, Toto ..."

Both Energizer and Ratchet laughed happily.

"Welcome back to the land of the living," the Doc said, "Almost lost you there."

Bumblebee managed a weak smile. "You'll have to try harder than that to get rid of me, Ratchet."

"Welcome home, Bumble. Now, you'll need a full week's rest, at least."

"A week! I was planning to go to the Rockies on Earth with Beachcomber..."

"Next week - if you're better."

"Ratchet ..."

"Doctor's orders, otherwise I'll sedate you." Ratchet smiled.

Bumblebee sighed. "Okay, doc ..."

Ratchet smiled again, grateful his little pal made it.

Energizer helped Bumblebee off the bed. "Thank you, Ratchet."

The Doc smiled. "Don't mention it."

Energizer left the repair bay with Bumblebee.

"Thanks, Energizer. For a moment back at the Decepticon headquarters, I thought-"

"Thought I was gonna kill you for all that energon?"

"Well ... I-"

"Tsk, tsk ... Bumblebee, I care more about you - my friends than my stomach."

"Sorry ... I just ... well-"

"It was pretty tense in there for me too ... Come to think of it, Megatron probably wouldn't've given me any energy anyway."

"I'm glad you saw through him."

"It's not that difficult, now I know what the bastard's really like."

Energizer started to walk to the energon room to recharge and saw Sideswipe.

"Hey, Sideswipe, remember when you asked me if there was anything I cared more about than energon? "

"Yeah? What about it?"

"I found something that I do care more about than energon. "

Sideswipe laughed. "Oh yeah?! What?"

"My friends."

Sideswipe blinked, at the simple, but true answer.

"I suppose I knew that" he said. "Everyone cares more about their friends than their food."

Energizer smiled, then walked into the energon room, drank his usual seven energon cubes, then walked to his room. He felt absolutely great about what he'd discovered grateful that he'd helped a friend.

Another day, Energizer was sitting in the energon room, eating his usual intake of energy. He felt like some more, so took another cube. He began to drink it.

Ironhide rushed into the energon room.

"Come on, Energizer! There's a battle! Quit stuffin' yer face!"

Energizer, although he'd rather eat, quickly put down the half eaten energon cube and wiped the excess energon away from his mouth. He stood up and ran outside to join the battle. The Autobots counterattacked the Decepticons.

Towards the end of the battle, Energizer saw he had a clean shot at Megatron. He took it and hit Megatron in his stomach, his vulnerable spot. Megatron fell onto the ground, in pain. Energizer ran to him and blasted him in his stomach again, which was Megatron's weakest spot. Megatron put his arm over it, in agony. It started bleeding. Energizer then blasted him in his chest. Megatron put his other hand up, telling Energizer to stop. Energizer blasted his hand. Blood poured from it.

Energizer paused for a moment. "You taught me to be ruthless, Megatron. `Remember, Energizer -- SHOW NO MERCY -- '"

"Well this ... is ... is d...ifferent..."

Energizer looked down at him. "Is it?"

He blasted Megatron in his shoulder and in his stomach again. Before Megatron say anything, Energizer blasted him in his chest.

"D ... don't ..."

Energizer paid no attention and blasted the Decepticon leader twice more, rendering him unconscious. He aimed his gun at Megatron's head and began to pull back on the trigger.

"No, Energizer," said Optimus Prime, quickly putting Energizer's gun down. "Don't kill him."

"Why not, Prime? Bumblebee almost died. Megatron-"

"I know. And I know what he did to you and I know how you feel."

"Then why don't you want me to kill him? He's your arch enemy. Why did you stop me? I don't understand. Why did you stop me from killing him? Do you want to kill him?"

"No, Energizer. Everyone deserves a right to live. Even the Decepticons -- Even Megatron."

"Why him? ... He's so cruel..." Energizer was very confused.

Optimus Prime continued to explain. "This is very important, Energizer. The Decepticons too have feelings. They can feel pain. They can feel fear. You must consider, that even though they are our enemies, they are alive too."

Optimus Prime looked down at Megatron.

"Didn't you see the frightened look in his eyes?"

"Yes ... but he wouldn't've cared if it was me - or any other Autobot ... Ohh, why does this have to be so hard ... I'm sorry, Prime, I didn't realise ..."

Optimus Prime nodded.

"In a way, I wish I hadn't've been found ... Before ... I never knew anything about war ... weapons or violence ... I hate it..."

Optimus Prime gently comforted him. "I know exactly how you feel, but if we do not fight, the entire Universe will be controlled by the Decepticons. We must continue fighting for the future of the Universe."

"I hadn't thought of it that way. Thanks, Prime. I ... I feel better now. A little."

Optimus Prime smiled. They began to walk back into Autobot headquarters. Energizer turned around and saw Soundwave, a Decepticon gently pick up Megatron and fly away with him.

He must care about him. At least someone does, he thought.

He smiled and felt grateful for what he had learned. "Prime was right."

"Hey, Eno, how come you're not racin' to the energon room?!" teased Jazz, playfully.

"Uh ... I was thinking about something. I ..."

"You think about anything except energon after a battle?! HAH!!"

Energizer smiled at Jazz's playful teasing. Jazz gave him a gentle punch on his shoulder. Energizer smiled and slapped Jazz's hands. Despite the war, he was happy to be in the Transformers society, not alone, cold and hungry, but most of all, grateful to be with true, caring friends.

 

*

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Back to Seawave’s Original Character Page {Autobots}

 

Back to Autobot Page

 

Back to Transformers Page