Disclaimers: Transformers are owned by Hasbro.

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic

Summary: Breakdown is stranded on a freezing world. And Sunstreaker is taught a lesson in compassion.

Monitor crated by Seawave & Equus.

Rating - PG

~~~~~~~

ULTIMATE ENDURANCE

 

Five Autobots, Monitor, Air Raid, Hot Rod, Springer, Sunstreaker and their Decepticon prisoner were in a space ship, careering out of control.

"Prepare for crash landing!" yelled Air Raid.

"How about thinking good thoughts?" suggested Springer.

"That would help!" yelled Hot Rod.

Breakdown, the Decepticon prisoner, in his locked compartment was frightened as well. He curled himself up and braced for the impact. "I hope we make it ..."

The ship was about to crash.

"Springer, give me a reading" said Monitor.

The Green Autobot looked out of the window.

"Holy Matrix!"

The ship impacted hard on the icy surface if Isotype 4, a planet covered with a snow like substance, but unlike the natural snow on Earth, it was a chemical compound - CO2O4 - Much colder than Earth snow, though not wet.

After a short while, Monitor stood.

"Are any of you alive?" he asked worriedly. "...Say something!"

Springer stood up from underneath a metal plank on the floor. "Ohh ... remind me to give the autopilot a raise ..."

Slowly they all started getting up. The impact had freed Breakdown.

"That Decepticon creep's still alive ..." said Sunstreaker. "What d' we do with 'im?"

Breakdown was on his knees in his cell.

"I dunno," Springer said, "but we can't leave him here while we go and find the telecommunications tower on this planet."

"Does he have to come with? ..." complained Sunstreaker.

"Yes" said Monitor. "None of us trust him. He may destroy our ship, try to repair it and take off."

"I won't," assured Breakdown, getting up.

"Oh yeah?" asked Sunstreaker.

"Come on," Air Raid said. "The sooner we get off this rock the better."

Sunstreaker looked out of the window. "Oh @#%*! Of all the planets in the universe, we had to land on Isotype 4! Our chassis'll freeze up!"

"I come prepared for everything. That," said Monitor, pointing to his right, "is an anti freeze compartment. Go in there, one at a time, press the red button and watch the timer. In 10 astroseconds, you will be totally coated with anti freeze and immune to freezing."

"For how long, Monitor?" asked Air Raid.

"Up to a week. When we get to the telecommunications tower, we can radio Optimus Prime to pick us up. Then, when we are clear of Isotype 4, we can dissolve the anti freeze as it is no longer needed, as ..."

"Okay ... okay ... I just hope we get to the tower before the anti freeze wears off," Sunstreaker complained. "Who knows what that CO2O4 will do to my paint job."

The Autobots all entered the compartment one at a time, coating their entire bodies with anti freeze. They then started to walk outside. Breakdown became frightened.

"Hey ... what about me?"

"Do we have to coat him?" asked Sunstreaker angrily. "Who cares if he freezes up?"

Breakdown became more frightened.

"Please ... I wouldn't let you freeze ..."

"Yeah, you would, you Decepticon slime ..."

Sunstreaker kicked him.

They started to go outside. Breakdown was freezing.

"Cold ... Please ... no ..." he whined. He was so freezing cold, he started to cry.

"We better coat him, Sunstreaker," said Hot Rod. " We don't want him whining, crying, screaming and complaining all the way."

Sunstreaker agreed. Breakdown felt relieved.

I wish they would understand ... he thought sadly to himself. Breakdown was not an evil Decepticon.

After he was coated, he joined the Autobots. The anti freeze made them feel comfortable and warm. They carried energon supplies with them. The Autobots were walking a little too fast for Breakdown.

"Keep up, creep," ordered Sunstreaker.

"I can't ... Please ... slow down ..."

The others didn't want to, but did.

"When we get to the top of this hill" said Monitor, "activate your Cyber-Skis, so we can cover more distance in a shorter time."

"Cyber-Skis? We all have them?" asked Sunstreaker, surprised.

"Affirmative" replied Monitor. "Every Transformer has them when they are created. You simply tilt your feet forward, `tippy toes' as humans call them and press the square on your back leg, but only when we get to the top of the hill. Do not adjust your skis. They are created to suit you and they won't retract if you adjust them, also, the skis are almost impossible to get off if your retracting mechanism is damaged."

They carried on walking to the top of the hill. When they arrived, there, they activated their Cyber-Skis.

"Oh yeah ..." they began to say.

"Enter the slope terrain into your memory banks" said Monitor, "and try not to ski too fast."

They began to ski down the hill. It was fun for all of them, even Breakdown. At the bottom, they all retracted their skis and began to walk uphill.

At the top of one hill, they started to feel hungry. They sat down and began to use some of their energy reserves, Breakdown was hungry, and didn't have any supplies.

"Sunstreaker," he said, "I haven't got anything to eat ... Can I please have some of your energon?"

"No."

Breakdown felt upset by Sunstreaker's answer. "Please ... I'm starving. I haven't had anything to eat since before you captured me. You all had some energon on the ship. I didn't have anything. Please ... "

"I don't care. You're not getting any of my energon."

"Or mine" said Hot Rod.

"Don't look at me," said Springer cooly.

"You Autobots are so selfish ..." Breakdown scowled.

"All right, Decepticreep - Just to prove we are NOT selfish - here."

Sunstreaker shoved a piece of energon at Breakdown.

Sunstreaker didn't feel he was selfish, but hated Decepticons, and didn't like sharing with anyone he hated. Breakdown was grateful. He thanked Sunstreaker and drank the energon. He felt quite relieved. Hunger wasn't a nice thing at all.

They then left, skiing down another hill and walking up another one.

They were walking and skiing for days.

"Where is this #%!&*@& tower, Monitor?"

"No need to swear, Sunstreaker, it shouldn't be too far away."

They carried on walking. Finally the tower was vaguely in sight very far off into the distance.

"At last ... " said Sunstreaker. "We can see the fu-"

"Do not swear!" said Monitor crossly.

Sunstreaker angrily pushed Monitor onto the ground.

"Look! You are really pissin' me off! I'll swear if I want to!... What are you looking at, scrap metal eyes?" he snapped at Breakdown.

The Stunticon said nothing.

"And, Monitor," Sunstreaker, said, "if it wasn't for YOUR bloody navigation in the ship, we wouldn't be on this freeze ball anyway!"

"Listen, Sunstreaker, I ..."

Sunstreaker kicked him. He hadn't really meant to kick Monitor, but couldn't bring himself to apologize either. Monitor stood up.

"Listen - we're all agitated," Monitor said. "Let's just get to that tower."

They all started to walk on.

Later, the Autobots all started arguing with each other. They all had their backs to Monitor.

"Listen," he said. "We have to get to the telecommunications tower. Stop this childish bickering ..."

None of them heard him. They carried on arguing and seeming to ignore Monitor.

"LISTEN!!!" he yelled. " If we don't get to this @#$%^&* tower, we are going to @#$%^&* die out here!"

All optical sensors turned to Monitor. They were very surprised.

"Yo, Dude!" said Hot Rod.

"Please excuse the language ..." said Monitor, calming.

"No worries, Mono," said Sunstreaker.

They began to walk towards the tower. Finally it was in full sight. They all had something to eat before going on.

"I'll give you some when we get to the tower and radio Optimus," Sunstreaker said.

They all walked to the tower and ascended to the top ledge, high above the ground. When there, Monitor radioed Optimus Prime.

"Where are you all?" asked Optimus, sounding very worried.

"Isotype 4" replied Monitor.

"What?! Are you all right!?"

"Affirmative. We had energy reserves and are coated in anti freeze."

Optimus Prime was relieved. "I'll pick you up in my shuttle. Wait at the tower. I'll get there as soon as I can."

"Thanks, Prime."

"It's all right. I'm just glad you're all safe. "

Monitor smiled. Optimus Prime was always so caring.

"Sunstreaker," said Breakdown.

"I'll give you some when Optimus Prime comes."

"But you said when we got to the-"

"Shut up!"

Breakdown fell silent.

It didn't take long for Optimus Prime to arrive.

"Thank the Matrix ..." said Monitor.

None of them could wait to get off Isotype 4.

Sunstreaker 'accidentally' bumped into Breakdown and activated Breakdown's Cyber-Skis.

"Sorry ..." he said, pretending.

Sunstreaker then looked at Breakdown on the floor.

"You need your skis adjusted," he said. "They're too loose."

"What? But they feel fine."

"No" lied Sunstreaker. "They're too loose ..."

"But Monitor said not to adjust ..."

"Well Monitor didn't think Cyber-Skis would get loose. Trust me..."

Sunstreaker tightened Breakdown's skis, so tight that Breakdown wouldn't be able to re-adjust or retract them. He put extra Cyber-Wax on them. Sunstreaker helped up Breakdown, who was having trouble.

Sunstreaker bumped into his again, causing Breakdown to almost fall off the edge.

"Sunstreaker, can you give me a hand please?"

"Sure, Breakdown."

Breakdown felt glad that the Autobot wasn't being as hostile to him as before. Sunstreaker pulled Breakdown up, fired the anti freeze disruptor at him, stripping Breakdown of his anti freeze. Breakdown gasped and began shivering. He was absolutely freezing. Sunstreaker then let him go and dropped him off the tower. Sunstreaker smiled, then boarded Optimus Prime's personal shuttle. The others were already inside. Optimus Prime took off.

Breakdown was freezing and careering down the steep hill with no way to stop himself. He was screaming. with Sunstreaker.

"I hate him!!!" Breakdown yelled ... Perhaps he thinks all Decepticons are alike ... But it's still wrong and unfair to let anyone suffer like this ...

Frightened, Breakdown tried to stop himself, careering down the 70 degrees steep him, but was unable to. He stopped on a flattish part of the hill. Breakdown tried to remove his skis, and realised Sunstreaker had tightened them. His hands were hurting from the biting cold so he couldn't scrape the extra Cyber-Wax off the skis. Breakdown slipped and careered further down the hill. Breakdown was hurting both from the cold and his legs were pulling in different directions. He painfully stopped at the bottom of the hill. He was freezing, lying helplessly in the CO2O4, colder than a naked human lying in the snow. He was shivering like an Earthquake, hoping someone would save him. He tried again to get his Cyber-Skis off and remembered how Monitor said they were extremely hard to retract and adjust if they were altered. Sunstreaker had tightened Breakdown's skis so tight, they were absolutely impossible to get off.

"How could he do this?" asked Breakdown, into the wilderness of Isotype 4. "Autobots aren't meant to be cruel ..."

The harder he tried to get his skis off, the more it hurt him. He tried to break them off. It hurt him a lot and was very difficult. Breakdown desperately tried and broke one of them off. His foot split open began bleeding and was very painful. He tried for a long while to break the other one. Finally he managed to. The same thing happened to this foot. He found it very difficult. The CO2O4 was entering his feet where the break was and stinging his fragile feet. He left a trail of blood in the snow-like CO2O4.

Breakdown walked for a long time. His feet were aching. A maximum security Autobot prison cell would be preferable to this. He couldn't stand it anymore. He fell onto his knees, wishing he was warm and safe. All of a sudden, he slipped down a large opening. He screamed and tried to scramble up. He fell backwards into a clump of hardened CO2O4. With difficulty, he managed to scramble up. Breakdown crawled down another hill. The temperature on Isotype 4 was fast lowering, as it always did when the darkness came. Breakdown's crying became louder. He was also starving. He tried to find some food, but he couldn't. Breakdown then tried to eat the CO2O4, but that was extremely uncomfortable to swallow and it made him sick. He couldn't describe how awful he felt, absolutely freezing, sick, starving, frightened and lonely.

Optimus Prime's shuttle was nearing Cybertron.

"Where's that Decepticon?" Hot Rod asked.

"I chucked him off the tower" replied Sunstreaker, not caring "He's still on Isotype 4 - where he deserves to be."

"What?!"

"I don't want that filthy Decepticon creep with us."

"I wonder how he's coping," said Monitor. "Well, at least he's got the anti freeze on. "

"Not anymore" replied Sunstreaker.

"You are a bastard ..." laughed Air Raid.

Sunstreaker laughed too. "Yeah ... right ..." he said, swallowing some energon.

"Did you give him any energon before we left?" asked Hot Rod.

"Should I have?"

"He'll be starving ..." said Monitor.

"I don't care." Sunstreaker swallowed another energon cube.

Optimus was busy piloting the shuttle and didn't hear the conversation.

"Prime will not be pleased," said Monitor.

"You don't have to tell him."

"Why not?"

"He'll get mad."

"Then why did you do it?"

"I hate Decepticons, Monitor. They hate us and wouldn't care if we suffered in those conditions. They wouldn't give a shi..."

"Do not swear."

"Well - you get the idea."

"Look, Sunstreaker, they-"

"I can't see why Prime cares about them" interrupted Sunstreaker. "I mean it's great he's so compassionate and all, but why for Decepticons?"

"I used to feel like that, Sunstreaker, but Prime cares about all life and Decepticons are alive."

"I don't care, Monitor. So are we and do Decepticreeps care about us?"

Optimus landed on Cybertron and they disembarked.

"I thought you said you had a Decepticon prisoner when you left Cybertron, Sunstreaker" said Optimus Prime.

"Uh ... we ... I ... I ... left him on Isotype 4."

"You what?!"

"I ... left him there ..."

"Sunstreaker, do you realise, Isotype 4 is the most naturally undisturbed planet in the universe?"

"It's a freezing iceball, Prime ..."

"I know it's cold, but in a way it is beautiful. If the Decepticons get control of it, they will destroy it."

Sunstreaker almost smiled - Optimus Prime felt that the Decepticon was a menace to the planet.

"I don't want to kill the Decepticon if it is not necessary" said Optimus Prime, "but if it is, I may have to."

Good thought Sunstreaker. I hope you do.

Optimus took his laser rifle, boarded his shuttle, and blasted off for Isotype 4.

Meanwhile, on the planet in question, Breakdown was crying. His white metal was discolouring - blue with cold, which was virtually impossible to happen to any Transformer. Breakdown was beyond freezing. He also had relatively weak body strength. He felt so weak, he could barley crawl. He lay down in the CO2O4. The sky was getting darker. Breakdown was becoming more and more frightened.

Optimus Prime was nearing Isotype 4.

Breakdown trout to find warm shelter. He searched and searched.

Optimus saw Isotype 4 on his viewscreen.

"There it is ... If there's no alternative, I'll have to kill the Decepticon. I hope it does not come to that."

Breakdown was crying and whimpering.

"Primus ... Help me ..." he cried.

Breakdown could not describe how miserable and hurt he felt.

"How could Sunstreaker have done it? ... How could he be so cruel? ... How would he like it? ... Ohhh ..."

Breakdown was totally lost. I'm gonna die out here ... Somebody... help me ...

Breakdown's tears froze when they touched the CO2O4.

Optimus Prime landed, coated himself in anti-freeze.

"If he heads toward the telecommunications tower, he'll radio Megatron and the other Decepticons. I will have to destroy him then. Why do these things always happen to me...?"

Optimus switched on his shuttle's and detected Breakdown.

"There he is..."

Breakdown, without noticing, turned around began crawling back the way he had came. Optimus detected that.

"The Decepticon's heading for the telecommunications tower."

Optimus hesitated, then readied his laser rifle.

"I'm going to have to kill him ... I had hoped it wouldn't've come to this ..."

Optimus then scanned the area.

"Hmm ... that Decepticon is heading towards the tower in this direction ..."

Optimus headed North.

Breakdown didn't know where he was going. He began wishing planets were flat so he's crawl right off the edge - not even the vast void of outer space could be this bad. He was in extreme pain and his body had almost become numb, but he could still feel the biting cold. His feet were still bleeding. He had lost quite a lot of blood and had become even weaker.

Optimus was getting closer and closer to him.

Breakdown then slipped down a hole and shrieked. He was too tired, hurt, freezing, hungry and weak to climb back up. He was very frightened and shivering in the freezing underground CO2O4 tunnel, even colder than the surface of Isotype 4.

Optimus was nearing Breakdown, holding his laser rifle. A single blast would definitely kill Breakdown. Optimus detected him in the tunnel. He still didn't know who the Decepticon was, but that hardly mattered.

"Why did he go underground?" asked Optimus, puzzled. "Maybe he detected me ..."

Breakdown was crawling away, almost dying.

Optimus entered the tunnel from another entrance to block the Decepticon off. Breakdown was still helplessly crawling, unaware Optimus Prime was near him.

Optimus was very near Breakdown. The CO2O4 wall wasn't very thick or strong. Breakdown leant against the CO2O4 wall and started slipping and screamed. He ripped his chest open on a sharp piece of CO2O4. It sliced thorough him like butter. The CO2O4 seeped into his chest cavity, causing convulsions. Breakdown was bleeding more and blood froze on the CO2O4. Optimus Prime spun around and pointed his laser rifle at Breakdown, ready to shoot. He then dropped it in shock. Optimus was astonished at the condition Breakdown was in. Breakdown's white metal was blue, he was bleeding and shivering like an earthquake. Optimus could see Breakdown's energy reserves were critical and he was in no condition to do anything. Optimus could not describe how shocked he felt at seeing Breakdown's condition. He knelt down and being extremely gentle picked Breakdown up. Breakdown although terrified, could do noting and instantly fell asleep in Optimus Prime's warm arms. Optimus was glad he found him in time.

He also felt extremely furious - With Sunstreaker.

I know he hates Decepticons ... but although evil, have a right to live. Sunstreaker had no right to do this.

Optimus gently carried Breakdown in his arms into his shuttle, and lay him on a metal ledge.

"He's asleep for now ..." said Optimus very quietly.

Optimus ignited the afterjets and took off. He dissolved his anti freeze, as he no loner needed it. Optimus increased the shuttle's internal temperature to warm up Breakdown, then set his shuttle on Autopilot and went to check on Breakdown. Breakdown, although sleeping, was still bleeding. He began to waken and he saw Optimus Prime and was terrified.

"Please don't kill me ... D ... don't hurt me ..."

Optimus, feeling sorry for Breakdown, came towards him.

Breakdown, petrified and still in extreme pain, tried to get away.

"It's all right" he calmed softly and gently. "I'm not going to hurt you ... Please stay calm ... "

Breakdown was absolutely relieved. Thank Primus ...

"I can't repair you here. I have to take you back to Autobot headquarters. I can warm you up and repair you there. I'm sorry I haven't got any energon, I'll give you something to eat we arrive at Autobot headquarters."

"Thanks."

"You may be a Decepticon, but I cannot let anyone suffer like that."

Breakdown smiled. He fell unconscious, but finally feeling the cold, slowly leaving, grateful Optimus was so compassionate even for his enemies.

Optimus landed his shuttle outside Autobot headquarters on Cybertron. Optimus carried Breakdown, still unconscious and still bleeding.

"Where is Sunstreaker, Hot Rod?" asked Optimus.

Hot Rod turned around. He was somewhat shocked at Breakdown's condition.

"Uh, ... I dunno ..."

Hot Rod later passed Sunstreaker.

"Hey, Prime's lookin' for you - and he's major league pissed off."

"Oh shit!" exclaimed Sunstreaker. Damn! I wish Prime'd killed that Deceptiscrap - Instead he feels sorry for the piece of junk...

Sunstreaker saw Monitor.

"Monitor! Monitor! You gotta help me! ... prime found out about what I did to that Decepticon ... He's gonna kill me!"

"True, he is very upset, but no matter how angry he is he would never kill an Autobot."

"I didn't mean that literally."

"Oh."

"Monitor ... You gotta help me ..."

"I do not have to help you at all, Sunstreaker. You threw the Decepticon out. I'm sorry, I am not helping you. It is your endeavour."

"Thanks for nothin'!"

Sunstreaker felt angry, but he knew Monitor was right. He wanted to go into his quarters and hide from Optimus Prime, but knew Optimus would eventually find him. Yeah ... I'll go for a drive...

"Sunstreaker..."

Ohshitohshit. "Yes, Prime ..." said Sunstreaker, uneasily, turning around.

"Come here" said Optimus firmly. "I want to talk to you."

Optimus lead Sunstreaker into the repair bay. It was a fair walk, and Optimus deliberately walked slowly, casing Sunstreaker to become more and more uneasy, and neither of them said a word. Optimus finally reached the repair bay and motioned for Sunstreaker to enter, than closed the door and pointed at Breakdown's body on the repair bed.

"Sunstreaker, do you see what you have done?"

Sunstreaker gasped when he saw the condition the Decepticon was in. "But I ... I didn't specifically do it ... and he's only a Decepticon ..."

"THAT DOESN'T MATTER!!! IT IS BECAUSE OF YOU THAT THIS HAPPENED!!"

Sunstreaker jerked. Optimus yelled once a blue moon - if that.

"You had no right to do this. He may be a Decepticon, but he deserves a right to live. Do you realise the pain you put him through?"

"But ..."

"But nothing! He's freezing, starving, petrified, in extreme agony and almost dead."

"Prime, please listen ... Decepticons hate us. They would do that to us if they had the chance ..."

"Yes, Sunstreaker, but even so, we are not Decepticons. I am shocked that you did this. It was against the Autobot code -- Respect All Life -- Have you forgotten that?"

"No, but ..."

"Then why?"

Sunstreaker was almost crying. "I ... I didn't think of it then. I ..."

"Look, Sunstreaker, being an Autobot is not a 9 to 5 job. You're an Autobot 24/7."

"I know, I'm sorry, Prime."

"That doesn't make it better. I'm going to have to punish you."

"What!?"

Optimus Prime left the repair bay and took Sunstreaker to the holo-room, capable of recreating any environment.

"Well, go in."

Uneasily Sunstreaker did as he was commanded. The deer shut behind him. Sunstreaker stood in the blank white room.

"I wish I didn't have to do this, Sunstreaker," he said. "I'm sorry, but you have to learn." Optimus turned to the computer, "Computer, please create environment Isotype 4."

"As you command. Now coating all participants with anti- freeze."

"Belay that," Optimus said. "No anti freeze."

There was a pause, against safety regulations, but the computer was programmed to obey, especially Optimus Prime.

"Completed."

Within thirty seconds, Sunstreaker was on his knees, begging to be let out. Optimus hesitated for a moment before switching the freezing chamber off and went inside. Sunstreaker was on his knees, rubbing his arms, trying to stay warm. Optimus Prime spoke into the communicator. "Do you know how long Breakdown was suffering in this approximate temperature?"

"N ... no ..."

"Days, Sunstreaker, maybe even weeks as time is slower on Isotype 4."

Sunstreaker began to feel sorry about what he did to Breakdown.

"He was not only cold, Sunstreaker, he was starving because YOU didn't give him any sustenance. He was also petrified. He may have died. Luckily I went there and saved him. You also tightened his Cyber-Skis - Which was a very cruel thing to do. He must've broken them off somehow and as a result of that, his feet split open and bled. Part of him was ripped open by a sharp slab of solid clear CO2O4. The CO2O4 was stained with his blood. He almost bled to death. Now, Sunstreaker, even though I have punished you, what you have suffered is nothing to what Breakdown went through. Do you understand now - that we, never mind how evil they are, mustn't treat Decepticons harshly unless there is a dire need to? ..."

"Y ... Yes ..."

Sunstreaker really felt sorry for what he did to Breakdown.

"When Breakdown has been repaired, I want you, to apologise to him." "I'm sorry, Prime ... I'm really sorry now ..."

Optimus turned off the simulation and waited for Sunstreaker to recover. He helped him up.

"I'm sorry I had to do that."

"Don't be, Optimus. I can see I deserved it now."

"That's good, Sunstreaker, but don't let it happen again."

"I won't, Prime, I promise."

Optimus smiled and trusted his friend.

Optimus, being extremely gentle, began to repair the painful split parts of Breakdown's body. He gently cleaned the blood off the Decepticon, the bed and the floor. It took quite a long time, to regulate Breakdown's body temperature, which was far, far below zero. If Optimus warmed Breakdown up too quickly, it would kill him.

Breakdown's blue metal was slowly changing back to its original white colour. Breakdown started to regain consciousness. Optimus gradually fed him some energon. Breakdown very slowly drank it. His stomach had never felt this relieved in his life.

"Ohh ..." he said, relieved, feeling the starving pain subsiding.

Optimus then helped Breakdown off the bed.

Sunstreaker entered soon after. Breakdown was both frightened and angry. Sunstreaker found it hard to say anything.

"I'm sorry ..." he finally said.

"It wasn't fair, what you did."

"I know, Breakdown. I'm really sorry for the way I treated you and threw you off the tower ... I'm truly sorry."

In a way, Breakdown wanted to forgive Sunstreaker and in a way, he didn't.

"If only I had known how you would've felt ... If only I had cared ..."

Breakdown still felt angry about what Sunstreaker did to him, but knew how sorry and upset Sunstreaker was about what he had done.

"I forgive you, Sunstreaker, but ... "

"I wasn't expecting you to."

"But," Breakdown continued, "please act more compassionately in the future."

Sunstreaker smiled. "This from a Decepticon, I must be dreaming."

Breakdown smiled and he was allowed to return home to Decepticon headquarters, hoping his petrifying experience was never repeated.

"That took courage, Sunstreaker," Optimus said.

Sunstreaker nodded. "I've learned my lesson."

Optimus smiled. "Good." And he left Sunstreaker to at last get some relaxation while lhe let Breakdown go.

 

Sunstreaker thought about the events that had transpired. He had thought all Decepticons were bastards and had chosen a path of ruthlessness to deal with them, never realising that his enemies were individuals like his friends. Some were worse than others, of course, but he'd never stopped to think that just one of them might be okay. Sunstreaker sat down outside the headquarters and ran his fingers slowly along the soily earth. The sun began to set over the horizon, his yellow metal body glistening in the last few moments of daylight, as he wondered if there would ever be an end to this war with some of the false hatreds the two sides harboured.

 

*

  Back to Autobot & Decepticon Fanfic Page

 

Back to Transformers Page