Disclaimers: Transformers are owned by Hasbro.

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic/fanart.

Summary: Devastator captures an Autobot

Author's Note: This story has 3 versions. Another of my earlier stories.

Rating - PG

~~~~~~

DEVASTATOR'S CAPTURE [VERSION 1]

 

Devastator wanted to capture an Autobot to tell him where the secret Autobot energon supply was. He flew to Autobot headquarters.

Red Alert was an overcautious Autobot who didn't like cruelty, violence or fighting. He ventured outside

and sat on a large rock, unaware that Devastator was watching him. Red Alert wished everything would be peaceful and no more fighting. Devastator nabbed him. Red Alert yelped in shock and tried to struggle free, but he couldn't. Every time he struggled, Devastator's grip became tighter. The pain was very intense. Red Alert stopped struggling and Devastator loosened his grip a little. Red Alert breathed with relief. Devastator knew if he killed the Autobot now, he wouldn't be in any condition to tell him where the secret Autobot energon supply was located.

Devastator reached his headquarters and threw Red Alert onto the floor and gave the Autobot some time to recover. Red Alert was frightened and still hurt. Slowly, he stood. Devastator sat on a large metal ledge and looked at Red Alert, who was very small compared to him. Red Alert, despite the situation, felt hungry and tired. Devastator gave him a small energon cube - if the Autobot dropped of exhaustion, how would he tell him what he wanted to know? Devastator drank three large Red Alert drank most of the energon cube and decided to conserve some for later. He wondered why Devastator had captured him.

If he doesn't tell me ... I'll kill him ... Devastator thought evilly.

"What do you want with me?" Red demanded.

Devastator smiled. "I thought you'd never ask ... I want you to tell me where the secret Autobot energon supply is... "

"And what makes you think I'll do anything of the sort?"

"I'm warning you. Tell me ..."

"You know I cannot divulge that information to you. It's top secret."

"Don't you think I know that? You can tell me, Red Alert and you will. And don't try lying. My patience is not well renowned."

"Okay, Devastator. You win."

The Decepticon smiled. "I knew you'd choose to co-operate."

"The energon is six hundred kilometres under a large hill one hundred and forty kilometres due west of the Autobot base."

Devastator went to the location, unaware that Red Alert had fibbed.

There wasn't the least smidgen of energon when Devastator scanned the area.

"I'll get that little Autobot. Can't say I didn't warn him."

Devastator angrily returned to his headquarters.

Red Alert had tried to escape but failed. Oh no.

"You lied to me!!" Devastator yelled, looking down at him. "Was it not there?"

"I found nothing! You lied to me!"

"I did not lie. Optimus Prime must have relocated it."

"If Prime'd moved it he'd've told all the Autobots where he moved it to."

"Where are they?" Devastator was fast losing his patience.

"I do not know." I know it sound pathetic, but what else can I do? Primus, help me.

"Come on, Red ..." Devastator tried to be patient. "Where is the energon?" Devastator sounded deceptively gentle.

"I'm telling you, I don't know," lied Red Alert, trying to sound confident.

"Tell me where they are NOW!!"

"I don't know, Devastator!"

Devastator asked his question again, about to explode with anger and frustration, but he made himself sound patient. He knew Red Alert was very frightened and did not want to tell him what he wanted to know..

Red Alert was almost crying. "I don't know ..." he repeated again, his voice shivering.

Devastator couldn't hold his anger any longer. He violently grabbed Red Alert and held him tightly in his hand.

"Tell ME WHERE THEY ARE!!!" Devastator yelled in Red Alert's face.

Red Alert was terrified. He tried to struggle free. Devastator yelled at him again.

"I can't tell you!!" Red Alert yelled back.

Devastator violently threw Red Alert onto the floor. Red Alert was hurt a lot and very frightened. Devastator looked down at him. He could easily kill him, but he wanted to know the location of the secret Autobot energon supply. Red Alert slowly stood up.

"I won't harm you if you tell me what I wanna know."

"But, Devastator, I can't tell you ..."

"Yes you can, Red Alert. You know where it is. You just don't want to tell me."

"But if I tell you ... We won't have an energon supply in case we of an emergency - and you'll use it against us and hurt my friends."

"Like I care. I want all that energy. Now."

Red Alert was silent. He didn't know what he could do.

Devastator pointed his huge solar energy rifle at him.

"No ... please don't ..."

Devastator fired at him. Red Alert rolled out of the way and managed to stand up. Devastator fired after him. Red Alert darted away. Devastator fired again. Red Alert tripped. Devastator came forward and nearly stepped on him. Red Alert shrieked. Devastator tried to grab him, but Red Alert manoeuvred out of the. The Decepticon fired after him again and Red Alert ducked and made a dash for the exit. Devastator fired again and blasted him twice. Once in his chest and again in his stomach. Red Alert fell unconscious onto the floor. Devastator picked him up and placed him on a ledge.

A few hours later, Red Alert regained consciousness and He suddenly had an idea - if he could radio Optimus Prime, and tell him what happened. He could ask him to put a few energon cubes in a certain location, then he could tell Red Alert where he'd hidden them and he could tell Devastator. Red Alert drank the remainder of the energon cube Devastator had given him previously and was about to put him plan into action, only to discover his communicator had been damaged. Blast!

"Don't try to escape again" Devastator warned his voice cold.

Red Alert was frightened. He felt he needed a rest and thankfully Devastator allowed him to lapse into reserve mode.

Red Alert ended up telling Devastator exactly where the secret Autobot energon supply was.

"I knew you'd co-operate with me. Thank you."

Devastator him go and he returned to Autobot headquarters.

A few days later, the Autobots desperately needed their secret energon supply, because the Decepticons had launched a full scale attack - but all their energy was gone. They were all very surprised and frightened. What could they do now? They found out that Red Alert had told Devastator where it was.

"You traitor!" they yelled at him.

Red Alert was backing away from them all.

"I had to tell him ... He was going to kill me ..."

"And now we're all gonna die, because of YOU!!"

"NO ...! NO ...! ..." Red Alert backed off.

The Autobot woke up with a start. Needless to say, relieved that it was only a dream, but he was still frightened.

Devastator looked down at him.

"Out of all the Autobots ... I had to get one that wakes from nightmares ..."

"Go back into reserve mode. You only had a dream. It's not real. I'm leaving for a while. Do not try to escape."

Red Alert waited until Devastator had well and truly left.

He crept to Devastator's large communicator and with a little difficulty, radioed Autobot headquarters.

Optimus Prime answered.

"Red Alert, where are you?" he asked sounding worried.

Red Alert explained everything.

"Optimus, could you ..."

Red Alert told Optimus what he needed him to do.

"Affirmative, Red Alert," replied Optimus Prime. "I'll do that. Anything to help a friend. I hope it works - and if it does, it will hopefully divert other Decepticon attempts to get their hands on our secret energy."

"Thanks, Prime."

Optimus Prime smiled. "Anytime."

He took about twenty energon from the Autobots energy supply cubes and hid in a valley then radioed Red Alert.

"Red, I've hidden them four hundred kilometres from our headquarters and three hundred kilometres under the ground."

"Thanks, Prime," Red Alert said, feeling relieved and grateful.

"That's fine, Red and I'll organise an emergency rescue.

Devastator returned and gave Red Alert a push.

"It's time to get up, reserve mode head. Have you decided whether to tell me or not?"

Red Alert hesitated.

"Well?"

"I'll tell you where our secret energy supply is located. It's..."

Red Alert told Devastator where Optimus Prime had hidden the energy.

"Good. You'd better not be lying to me ..."

"I assure you it's the truth."

Devastator found the twenty energon cubes.

"This is the Autobots secret energon supply?! Whoopee doo."

The real Autobot secret energy supply was a vast chamber of free flowing energy, with more than enough for each Autobot many times over.

Devastator returned with the energon cubes.

"This was all that was there," he said, putting the energon cubes in his supply. "I said I was going to kill you if you didn't tell me where the supply was. Why did you risk your life for twenty energon cubes?"

"I thought there were more. Someone must've used them in an emergency." Red Alert looked up Devastator. "You promised to let me go once I told you where the secret supply was."

"Please let me go ... I told you what you wanted to know. That was very hard for me."

Devastator didn't say anything. What should he do with Red Alert? Kill him? Keep him as a prisoner or let him go?

Red Alert was much smaller than him.

"I ..." began Devastator.

At that moment, Optimus Prime blasted a hole in the wall and blasted Devastator in his face, disorientating him. The two Autobots raced home to Autobot headquarters.

Optimus Prime and Red Alert arrived at Autobot headquarters.

"Welcome back, Red."

"It's great to be back, Prime," said Red Alert, smiling. "Sorry all that energy was wasted."

"It's okay, Red, friends are worth a lot more."

Red Alert smiled, grateful to have a home amongst such caring friends.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

DEVASTATOR'S CAPTURE [VERSION 2]

 

Devastator wanted to capture an Autobot to tell him where the secret Autobot energon supply was. He flew to Autobot headquarters.

Electra, a young Autobot walked out. She was very gentle and kind, hated fighting violence and cruelty. Devastator suddenly grabbed her in his hand. Electra's scream was muffled. Devastator wasn't sure which Autobot he'd got - He just grabbed anyone and he didn't care.

Devastator arrived at his headquarters and put Electra down. "Where is the secret Autobot energon supply?"

Electra gasped.

So that's why he captured me ... she thought, frightened. I can't tell him ... I ... ohh...

Electra paused for a long while. Devastator calmingly asked his question again. Electra didn't want to answer.

"Where is the supply, Electra?" asked Devastator, trying to sound calm.

"I ... I ... Can't tell you ..." she replied, nervous.

Devastator stayed clam. He could see in Electra's eyes that she was frightened.

As frightened as she was, Electra replied, "I cannot tell you."

Devastator fired a blast from his solar energy rifle near her. Electra screamed and Devastator grabbed her. Electra was shivering and tried to struggle free. "No ... no ... please let me go ..."

Devastator put her back on the bed.

"D ... Devastator, I can't tell you where our secret energon supply is ... I ..."

"You can and you will. Tell me now."

Devastator sounded very forceful. Electra felt frightened. Devastator waited for a while.

"Tell me where it is" he demanded.

Electra felt she had to lie to Devastator. Devastator asked his question again. Electra told him a false location and

Devastator smiled.

"I knew you'd co-operate ..."

Devastator flew to the location. It was a bare, many sand duned desert.

"This doesn't look like any place for a secret energy supply" he growled, and his scan confirmed that. He angrily kicked one of the sand dunes, causing it to collapse.

Devastator angrily flew back to his headquarters.

"You lied to me!!" he yelled at Electra.

She shuddered at his yelling, but said, trying to sound confused, "... It wasn't there? ... It must've been moved, destroyed or used."

"Ohh, you'll have to do better than that, Electra. You're going to have to tell me where it is, or I'm going to have to ... " Devastator paused, "kill you ..."

Electra, swallowed. Devastator picked her up.

"Please don't kill me ..."

Devastator could feel her shivering.

He said gently, "tell me where it is, and I won't harm you."

"But I can't tell you. I ..."

Devastator threw her onto the floor. It hurt Electra a lot. She couldn't stand up. Devastator pointed his huge solar energy rifle at her.

"No ..." she whispered, terrified.

Electra was still hurt, but managed to stand and she ran away from Devastator. Devastator started firing at her. He managed to shoot her leg. It was very painful. Electra gasped and held her wounded leg. She tried to, but she couldn't stand. Devastator pointed his solar energy rifle at her. He could see Electra was petrified. He picked her up again. Electra's leg was still hurting, but she tried to struggle free. Electra was shivering and petrified.

"Tell me where the supply is or I'll have to kill you" said Devastator gently.

Electra looked into Devastator's eyes. Her gentle blue eyes filled with tears. She just couldn't betray her friends and tell Devastator where their secret energon supply was. Devastator looked at her. He saw she was crying. He thought she looked beautiful and felt sorry for her in a way, but she was his enemy.

"I ... I ... can't tell you ... " she said. "Please let me go ..."

"I can't ... I ..." began Devastator.

He saw Electra was still crying and he could feel her shivering. Devastator took a deep breath. "I ... I ... okay... You don't have to tell me. I'll let you go ... "

Electra couldn't believe her audio sensors.

"Thank you ..." she breathed relieved.

"It's all right. Just keep this to yourself."

Electra's leg was healing.

Devastator placed his hand onto the floor and Electra walked off it. She then transformed into her green convertible Cadillac mode and Devastator allowed her to go.

And she returned home to Autobot headquarters.

Devastator sighed. "I must be gettin' soft..."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

DEVASTATOR'S CAPTURE [VERSION 3]

 

Devastator wanted to capture an Autobot to tell him where the secret Autobot energon supply was. He flew to Autobot headquarters.

Chromia walked out. She didn't mind a good fight and was very brave, loyal and forceful. Devastator saw her. He thought it would be better to capture a female Autobot than a male Autobot, because females were more 'frightened and timid.' Devastator suddenly grabbed her. She gasped and tried to struggle free out of Devastator's huge hand. Although Chromia was quite strong, Devastator was much stronger than her. Devastator arrived at his headquarters and threw Chromia onto the ground. It hurt her a little, but stood up and dusted herself off. Devastator was surprised. Normally when he threw his prisoners on the ground they were very hurt and couldn't stand up.

"Now that's no way to treat a lady. What 'da ya want with me, Scrapheap?" she asked.

Devastator was surprised. She's frightened ... He thought. She just doesn't want to show it.

Devastator fired near her. Chromia jumped backwards.

"Not close enough!"

Devastator was already growing angry.

"Tell me where the secret Autobot energon supply is" he demanded.

"On ya bike!!" yelled Chromia. She wasn't going to tell him anything of the sort.

"I know you're frightened ... Don't act tough with me."

Chromia looked up at Devastator.

"That makes me wanna puke! Just because I'm a girl makes you think I'm frightened. Well I'm not and I'm not gonna tell you where our energon supply is and that's that. Hmph!"

Devastator's fired again at Chromia. She ducked all blasts.

"Are you always such a misfire?"

Devastator was growing angrier and angrier. He eventually grabbed her. Chromia tried to struggle free, but Devastator held her tightly.

"Not so cocky now, are you, Miss Bot? Tell me where the energy is or I'll kill you."

Devastator's grip became a little tighter. Chromia was a little frightened. She suddenly pulled out her gun and blasted Devastator in his face. In surprise, Devastator dropped her. Devastator had never felt so angry in his life before. He thought she would be frightened, but Chromia was as brave as any male Autobot, if not braver than some. Devastator blasted at her again. Chromia dodged and ducked all Devastator's blasts. She blasted a hole in the wall. Chromia quickly transformed and sped away. Devastator flew after her. He fired at her. Chromia fired back at him, but her blasts had no effect. Devastator was gaining on her.

"I ain't gonna tell you, so catch & kill me if you can!"

Luckily, Omega Supreme was flying past and blasted Devastator.

Omega retrieved Chromia. She looked down at the fallen Decepticon.

"See ya later, Devastator!"

Devastator came to a while later with a massive headache ...

"I think I've been cursed ... Perhaps I'd better leave this accursed energy supply - by the time I get it - if I ever do, I'd've spent more energy doing it!"

Chromia and Omega Supreme arrived back at Autobot headquarters.

"Phew thanks, Omega. Wasn't sure how long I could hold 'ol scrappers."

"You are brave," Omega Supreme said. "But there is a line between bravery and stupidity."

"Yeah - and he was stupid enough to capture me."

Omega couldn't help but smile.

Chromia smiled too - to be praised by Omega Supreme didn't come easily and she was grateful the old guardian Autobot was finally beginning to live again.

 

*

 

Back to Transformers Page