Disclaimers: Transformers are owned by Hasbro.

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic/fanart.

Summary: Destroyer's profile and story.

Author's Note: Destroyer created by Seawave and Equus.

Rating - PG

~~~~~~~~

DESTROYER

ALLEGIANCE: NEUTRAL

FUNCTION:  LEADER

"Some of the best people I ever met were trash."

Profile: Before Slipstream, and then Tempest came into his life, Destroyer was a loner. Never listened to or took crap form anyone. He was disowned by his Decepticon creators when he went neutral, shortly after he was created. He's not bothered about it as he disowned them. "If that's how they want it, fine." He can't see any point in the Transformers war. Has a tendency to go walkabout. Will turn up when you least expect him. Once found calmly strolling into the main control room of Autobot headquarters. Destroyer is not permanently on the Autobot or Decepticon side. He's on his own side. In a battle, he'll fight with whatever side is losing. If he's on your side, he'll help you in any way he can, but he'll never be your friend. He knows everyone's strengths and weaknesses, not out of personal interest, but out of professional interest. If he's on your side he knows how to help you and if he's on the opposing side, he knows how to exploit your weaknesses. Brilliant tactician. Can think up plans on the spur of the moment. Resides at his personal headquarters with Slipstream and Tempest. His only friend is Slipstream, but he would rather have Tempest watch his back in a battle. Destroyer tends to stick up for the "underdogs," the ones down the bottom, the "street trash." Ha can be quite ruthless without realising. He cares for both Slipstream and Tempest. He's not always sure about Tempest. He knows something happened to the guy, but will wait for Tempest to tell him. He looks out for his friends.

Abilities: In aircraft carrier mode, Maximum speed 17 knots, but quite fuel efficient. Range - 500 miles. Quite strong and large in robot mode. About a head taller than Skyfire. In robot mode, he carries a powerful plasma-charge pulse cannon.

Weaknesses: Destroyer is quite slow in movement in aircraft carrier mode. He gets extremely depressed when his plans fail.

He can also be overprotective of Slipstream and gets very worried when he gets hurt and depressed, because if he loses Slipstream, he's lost his only friend. Destroyer likes and cares for Tempest, but it's not the same.

 

-- TECH SPECS --

STRENGTH -- 10 INTELLIGENCE -- 8

SPEED -- 4 RANK -- N/A

ENDURANCE -- 9 COURAGE -- 10

FIREPOWER -- 8 SKILL -- 9

~~~~~~~~~~

DESTROYER

 

Destroyer was a large transformer, at least a head taller Skyfire, but his allegiance was neutral - neither Autobot nor Decepticon. His companions were Slipstream and Tempest. Slipstream was his best friend, and he trusted Tempest to watch his back in a battle.

Destroyer was sitting in the chair in his headquarters, drinking an energon cube, with Slipstream and Tempest, standing near him. The computer then bleeped a signal.

Tempest pushed one of the controls.

"Battle" he said.

"Where?" asked Destroyer.

Tempest pointed to the screen.

"What side are we fighting on today, Destroyer?" asked Slipstream.

"The side we always fight on, Slipstream," said Destroyer. "The losing side. Help them out."

Not long after, they arrived at the battle.

"It looks like the Autobots are losing," said Destroyer. "We'll assist them."

The three of them began to battle the Decepticons. Megatron, the Decepticon leader was about to blast Optimus Prime in his back, but Destroyer blasted The Decepticon Leader in time.

"Thank you, Destroyer," said Optimus Prime.

Destroyer gave a short quick smile, then resumed firing at the Decepticons. The Autobots managed to win that battle. After the battle, Destroyer, Slipstream and Tempest began to leave.

"Destroyer," said Optimus Prime," please don't go yet. Many Autobots have been wounded. Can you help?"

"Prime," he said, "we're not Autobots and the battle is over. We fight on the side that's losing, whether it's your side or Megatron's, to help during the time of the battle, not after. I do not want the burden of an allegiance. You are not my leader. I am my own leader."

"I know. I am not ordering you to help us, I'm asking you."

"All right, Prime," said Destroyer, "since you put it that way and we were fighting on your side in this battle."

"Thank you, Destroyer."

Destroyer picked up Limmo, the smallest, weakest Autobot. Limmo was functional, but barely. Limmo was frightened of Destroyer. He tried to struggle free.

"Relax, Limmo" calmed Destroyer. "I'm not going to hurt you."

The small Autobot calmed. Destroyer carried him inside. Limmo was unconscious when they arrived to the repair bay.

"Why is he so frightened of me, Prime?" asked Destroyer.

"Your size, Destroyer, you're practically a giant compared to him. You're holding entire whole body in your two hands."

"Metroplex is an enlarged giant to me, Prime," said Destroyer. "I could fit onto his smallest finger, but I'm not scared of him."

"Destroyer, Metroplex is an Autobot. Limmo knows Metroplex won't intentionally hurt him. It's not only your size that frightens Limmo. He feels uneasy of you, because your on neither side. He can't understand how you can be on both sides at the same time."

"Oh."

"Just be gentle and careful with him."

Destroyer nodded handed Limmo to Ratchet.

Even with the Help of First Aid and Hoist, it took Ratchet quite a long time to repair all the wounded Autobots. Limmo was the last to regain consciousness. He sat up and looked uneasily at Destroyer.

"Listen, I'm not going to hurt you. I was on your side in this battle, remember? Why would I wanna hurt you when I brought you here?"

Limmo gave an innocent shrug. Destroyer shook his head, then left for his headquarters. Optimus Prime came into the repair bay.

"Where's Destroyer?" he asked.

"He left" replied Limmo.

Optimus walked to him. "Limmo, there's no need to be frightened of him. Just because he's much bigger than you, doesn't mean he's going to hurt you."

"It's not only that, Prime ... there's something about him that makes me feel nervous. Like he's going to hurt me someday... I'm not sure what, when or how, but he might hurt me when he's on the Decepticons side ..."

"Limmo, the Autobots will protect you if he tries and besides, Destroyer probably wouldn't attack you in a battle. It wouldn't be fair and he likes fighting and you're not that much of a challenge for him, are you?"

Limmo shook his head shyly. Optimus Prime smiled.

"Stop worrying" he said.

Limmo nodded. "I'll try."

At the next battle, the Decepticons were losing and so Destroyer, Slipstream and Tempest fought on their side, but the Autobots managed to win and the Decepticons angrily retreated. After the battle, Sunstreaker was left lying on the ground, badly wounded and in extreme pain, below a small cliff. No one had seen him. He vaguely saw Destroyer, just about to leave.

"Please ... help me ..." he said, the pain becoming more and more intense.

"The battle is over" said Destroyer. "I am no longer under any obligations, even though I fought on the Decepticons side today. I will alert the other Autobots of your position."

Sunstreaker felt grateful. Destroyer fired his plasma energy-pulse cannon several times up in the air and then left. The Autobots ran outside and saw Sunstreaker, lying wounded on the ground and rushed him inside to Ratchet.

"Who blasted you just then?" asked Optimus Prime.

"No one" replied Sunstreaker weakly. "Destroyer alerted you to my presence ... I'm not sure who blasted me in the battle, but it sure hurt..." Sunstreaker winced.

Ratchet repaired him.

            * * *

In the next battle, Destroyer, Slipstream and Tempest were again fighting on the Decepticons side.

Towards the end of the battle, Destroyer had cornered Perceptor. The Autobot tried to escape, but Destroyer wouldn't let him. Perceptor backed away from Destroyer, until he came to a dead end. He tried to radio for help, but his communications systems were down. Destroyer could see Perceptor was frightened and uneasy.

When I'm fighting on the Decepticons side, I'm a Decepticon thought Destroyer.

He aimed his plasma-charge pulse cannon at Perceptor's head. Perceptor was shivering a little. He knew there was no way for him to escape, or to survive a close range blast from Destroyer's cannon.

"Don't shoot ..." he said.

Destroyer started to pull back his finger on the trigger. Perceptor closed his optical sensors. Destroyer then heard Megatron call the Decepticons to retreat. Destroyer lowered his cannon. Perceptor, sensing he was still alive, opened his eyes.

"I'm glad you didn't" he said, "but why didn't you shoot?"

"The battle is over" said Destroyer. "I am no longer a Decepticon. I am under no obligation to destroy you."

"What a relief..."

Destroyer then left, silently thanking Megatron. He had not wished to kill Perceptor.

            * * *

In the next battle, the Decepticons were losing. Destroyer, Slipstream and Tempest fought on their side again. Limmo saw Destroyer on the Decepticons side and became nervous. He fought cautiously. He then remembered what Optimus Prime had said and calmed down. Limmo saw Destroyer about to blast Bumblebee.

"I have to save him ..."

He carefully aimed his small laser gun at Destroyer and shot him in his optical sensor. The blast didn't hurt Destroyer, but he closed his eyes, until the flash had disappeared, then opened his eyes, turned his head around and glared at Limmo, furious at being attacked by someone so small and weak. Limmo became very frightened. Destroyer walked towards him. Limmo fired at him. None of his laser blasts has any effect. Limmo's hand was shaking. He became more and more frightened, dropped his gun and backed away from Destroyer, then began to run away. Limmo wasn't a very fast runner. Destroyer easily managed to catch him. Limmo frantically tried to struggle free, but Destroyer tightened his grip. His hand practically covered the whole of Limmo's body, except his head. Destroyer then turned him around and tightened his grip. Limmo became more frightened. He tried to squirm out of Destroyer's hand, but Destroyer wouldn't let him. He then pointed his plasma-charge pulse cannon at Limmo's head. Limmo was terrified. He knew a single blast in the head from Destroyer's cannon would instantly kill him.

"No ... no ..." he wailed, petrified, starting to cry.

Destroyer felt no pity for the small Autobot. He saw the terror in Limmo's eyes and could feel his intense shivering. Limmo closed his optical sensors tightly. Destroyer pulled back on the trigger, but nothing happened. His cannon had run out of ammunition. He angrily threw his weapon onto the ground. Limmo opened his eyes, very relieved. He was glad he hadn't been killed by Destroyer's cannon, but was still frightened of what Destroyer had in mind.

"Lemme go ..." he said uneasily, shivering. "I only shot you because you were going to hurt my friend. Please don't hurt me..."

"Limmo," said Destroyer, "I am on the Decepticons side in this battle."

"But you're not a Decepticon ..." urged Limmo. "Please let me go ..."

"I can't."

"You can ... please ..."

Destroyer continued to tighten his grip on Limmo. Limmo became even more frightened.

"Please..." he said, his voice shivering, "... Stop..."

Destroyer ignored him and continued to tighten his grip. It was hurting Limmo a lot. He tried to push Destroyer's hand away, but it was no use. Destroyer's grip became a lot tighter. Limmo started bleeding. He couldn't stand the pain anymore.

"PLEASE STOP!!!!"

Destroyer paid no attention to Limmo's plea and continued to squash him. Destroyer saw how much pain Limmo was in and how petrified and helpless he was. He didn't care.

"Please ..." wailed Limmo, helplessly.

Destroyer then crushed him completely in his hand - and then looked at what he had done.

"What a mess ..." he said, looking at Limmo's totally mutilated body.

Destroyer then wiped the blood of his hand on the ground and joined the battle again.

Tempest saw Destroyer kill Limmo. He knew they were fighting on the Decepticons side, but deep down, he couldn't believe Destroyer could be so cruel. Tempest thought about Limmo.

"Small, helpless, defenceless, young, frightened ... Destroyer shouldn't kill."

Tempest turned and left.

The battle soon ended. Blue Streak, an Autobot, was wounded in the battle. He started to stand up, then slipped down a small cliff.

"Oh great ..." he moaned. "Now I have to climb this stupid... LIMMO!!!!"

Blue Streak was absolutely shocked at what he saw. He bolted to Limmo and fell on his knees next to his mutilated, crushed body. Blue Streak immediately radioed Optimus Prime.

"Prime ... quick ... Limmo needs repairs fast ... He's been hurt -bad."

Optimus Prime ran to Blue Streak. He too was absolutely shocked at what he saw - Too shocked to say anything. Ratchet and some other Autobots helped carefully and gently carry Limmo's fragile body inside Autobot headquarters.

"Who could've done this? ..." asked Ratchet. "Who could be so cruel?"

"I don't know, Ratchet" replied Optimus Prime, "obviously one of the Decepticons, but I don't understand how even they could do this... He was so helpless..."

"Neither can I, Prime," said Ratchet. "I really don't know if I can repair him. He's really badly damaged. The worst I've seen any Autobot. The upper part of his body, save his head has been totally crushed."

"I will help you repair him, Ratchet."

They spent days repairing Limmo's crushed chassis. They virtually had to R&R [Remove and Rebuild] all of his circuits and internal organs.

"When I find out who did this" said Optimus Prime, "they will pay."

Ratchet nodded in agreement. He felt as strongly as Optimus. "Who ever it was, deserves to be scrapped themselves."

After a few more hours, Optimus Prime and Ratchet finally had Limmo's chassis back together. Ratchet examined him.

"Everything's right, except for a few damaged circuits."

It didn't take Optimus Prime long to repair them. He then slowly started to re-energise Limmo.

"I don't want to do this too fast," he said. "It might kill him."

Limmo began to regain consciousness, then started screaming. Optimus tried to calm him down. Limmo only saw the red and blue colours of Optimus Prime and thought he was Destroyer. Limmo cried loudly.

"Please ... no ... leave me alone ..." he blurted out.

He wouldn't stop crying. He was absolutely petrified.

"Limmo, it's all right" said Optimus Prime, gently and above Limmo's screaming.

The small Autobot suddenly looked up. He hadn't realised that it was Optimus Prime. He let out the largest sigh of relief that anyone had ever heard and flopped back onto the bed.

"What happened to you, Limmo?" asked Optimus, concerned.

"De...st...ro...yer ..." began Limmo.

He then burst out crying.

"Stop crying, Limmo," said Optimus Prime, wiping away his tears. "I can't hear what you're saying. Who did this to you?"

"D... Destroyer ..."

"Destroyer! " exclaimed Optimus Prime, "but he's not even a Decepticon ... he's ..."

"I ... I know, Prime ... but he was fighting on the Decepticons side ..."

"That gives him NO right to do what he did to you. It was not fair. I cannot believe anyone could do that."

Optimus Prime saw Limmo shivering.

"It's over now, Limmo," he said gently. "You're okay now."

"It's not over, Prime ... What if he does it again? ... "

"He won't, Limmo. I'll make sure of that."

Limmo felt minutely better, was still petrified of Destroyer and hoped Optimus Prime was right.

Optimus Prime gently lifted Limmo off the bed and put him down. Limmo was so frightened, he couldn't even walk straight.

"Limmo, please ... relax ..." said Optimus Prime.

Limmo tried to, but it was very hard. He then walked to his quarters and cried. Optimus spent time comforting him.

            * * *

The next day, the Decepticons attacked the Autobots. Limmo reluctantly walked outside to join the fighting. He then saw Destroyer on the Decepticons side and was totally overridden over with fear. He dropped his laser gun and ran inside, as fast as he could, then hid under his bed, absolutely petrified.

Destroyer saw Limmo run away from the battle.

Wonder what's the matter with him? ... he thought, then shrugged.

In every battle when Limmo saw Destroyer, he always ran away. Sometimes Destroyer didn't even see him.

The next day, Optimus Prime asked, "Limmo, could you please go on a solitary surveillance mission, and ..."

"No ... No ... Prime ... I ... I can't ... I ..." began Limmo, very frightened.

"Limmo? What's the matter?"

"Destroyer ... he might ..."

"I see," said Optimus Prime. "Air Raid, can you please go?"

"Of course Prime. I'm not scared like-"

"Air Raid, you haven't been through what Limmo has."

"Sorry, Prime," said Air Raid, transforming into his F-15 jet mode and flying off.

"It's all right to be scared, Limmo," he said. "It's natural, but you will have to deal with your fear someday.

Limmo smiled, grateful Optimus Prime was so understanding.

At the next battle, Limmo saw Destroyer and ran away from it.

At the end of the battle, the Autobots returned to their headquarters.

Optimus Prime asked, "Limmo, what happened? Why did you ..."

"I ran away because I saw Destroyer."

"Limmo, he was on our side in this battle"

"I know. I don't care."

"Then why did you ..."

"Because Destroyer might just suddenly become a Decepticon and hurt me again ... He ..."

Limmo started to cry. "I keep on having visions of him hurting me and killing me like he did before ... I-"

"I realise you're frightened of Destroyer, Limmo, but this is getting out of hand. Go for a drive by yourself. You should feel better after that."

"No, Prime ... I can't ... Destroyer might see me ... I can never go out by myself again ..."

Optimus Prime was being very patient with Limmo and felt very sorry for him.

"Listen, Limmo," he said, "I'll speak to Destroyer about it, okay?"

The small Autobot nodded. "Thank you." He walked into his quarters and lay on his resting ledge. He hated being so scared and didn't want others to think of his as a coward, but just couldn't bear the thought of being hurt like that again.

Destroyer had just walked into Autobot headquarters and accidentally walked into Limmo's quarters. Limmo looked up and screamed.

"What?" asked Destroyer.

Limmo wouldn't stop screaming. Destroyer walked towards him. Limmo tried, but he was too petrified to move. He began to cry and still wouldn't stop screaming. Limmo tried to hit and bite Destroyer, but his efforts were futile. Destroyer held both Limmo's wrists between two of his fingers. Limmo was still crying and screaming. He tried to struggle free.

Optimus Prime heard screaming coming from Limmo's quarters. He quickly ran inside to see what was the matter with him. He saw what Limmo was screaming hysterically. Optimus could also see that it was not Destroyer's intention to harm Limmo.

"Destroyer, let him go."

"But, Prime ... I haven't done anything to him. Why is he so hysterical?"

"Just let him go, Destroyer."

"But ..."

"I said - let him go."

Destroyer jerked a little and released Limmo, by this time Limmo had fainted.

"Come with me, Destroyer," said Optimus Prime.

Destroyer followed Optimus Prime to a room. He could hear an underlying tone in the Autobot leader's voice. Optimus sat down on a ledge.

"Sit down," he said to Destroyer, pointing to a chair.

Destroyer obeyed him.

"What do you want, Prime?" he asked.

"It's about Limmo."

"Why was he so hysterical?" asked Destroyer.

"Don't tell me you don't know."

Destroyer shook his head. "I don't."

"I'll tell you why" said Optimus Prime, angry. "You had NO right to do what you did to him in that battle, a few He was absolutely helpless ... defenceless ... he ..."

"Prime," said Destroyer. "I realise now why Limmo was so frightened, but I was on the Decepticons side in that battle."

"I DON'T CARE WHO'S SIDE YOU WERE ON!!"

Destroyer jerked. He had never heard Optimus Prime yell before.

"Prime I ..."

"Shut up! Limmo was so small less than half the size of your leg. He's very young, helpless and defenceless. Was it fair to kill him?"

"Well, I-"

"Was it?"

"No, but-"

"And now that you have done it, you've changed Limmo's life into a living nightmare. He can't think straight. He runs away from battles whenever he sees you. Since that day, he hasn't been out of Autobot headquarters."

"Why?" asked Destroyer.

"He's absolutely petrified that you're going to kill him again. He used to love driving around Earth, but now he hasn't got any freedom. He's even scared inside Autobot headquarters. He told me he had visions of you killing him again. He's even scared of you when you're on the Autobots side."

"Why, Prime?" asked Destroyer, puzzled.

"He thinks you might become a Decepticon suddenly and hurt him again."

"I won't do that."

"I know that, Destroyer, but Limmo doesn't. I want you to apologise to him and promise never to kill or hurt him like that again."

"I can't do that, Prime."

"Why not, Destroyer? You have to ... I can't stand seeing him always so petrified and upset. I can't just stand around while one of my friend's life is being destroyed. I fear Limmo may even commit suicide. Please, Destroyer, promise you'll never do it again."

Destroyer hesitated for a while.

"I ... I don't know, Prime ..."

"Destroyer, if you're going to kill Autobots while you're on the Decepticons side, then, I'm sorry, but I don't want you to fight on our side."

Destroyer was taken aback. He almost fell out of the chair.

"But why, Prime? You need me ..."

"I do not need anyone who kills my friends."

Destroyer thought about what Optimus Prime had just said.

He's right ... he thought. I hadn't thought about what I had done to Limmo or what effect it would have on his life ...

Destroyer hesitated for a short while.

"I realise now that it was wrong and you must understand that I do not like to kill. I don't know what came over me. I ... I lost my temper."

"Remind me never to make you mad." There was no humour in Optimus Prime's voice.

"I'm sorry ... Destroyer said again. "...I'll apologise to Limmo and I promise not to kill.

"Thank you, Destroyer," he said. "I'll go into Limmo's quarters first this time."

Destroyer smiled too.

"Yeah. I think you'd better. Do you really want me to apologise now? I mean he might go all hysterical again."

"Yes. It's better to get it over and done with."

Destroyer agreed with him. Optimus Prime then walked to Limmo's quarters and approached him.

"Limmo," he said, "I've spoken to Destroyer."

"Thank you" he said.

Destroyer then walked into Limmo's quarters. Limmo stared up at him and clawed his fingers into Optimus Prime's leg. Optimus gently took Limmo's hand off him.

"It's all right, Limmo," he said. "Destroyer's not going to hurt you."

Destroyer walked a little closer to Limmo. He could see that Limmo was still a little uneasy.

"Listen, Limmo ..." he began, "This is hard for me to say ... I... I'm really sorry about what I did to you. I realise now how unjust and unfair it was. I also hadn't realised what I was doing to your life. I promise I won't do it again. Please don't be ... scared of me anymore." There. I said it.

Limmo felt extremely relieved and grateful. "Ohhh thank you..."

Destroyer smiled. Limmo let him pick him up in his two hands. Destroyer didn't want to admit it to himself, but he thought Limmo was cute, sitting calmly in the palm of his hands and it made him appreciate life.

"It's okay little Willow."

Limmo smiled. Destroyer handed the small Autobot back to Optimus Prime and gave a short smile.

"But remember, Prime," he said, "I am neither Autobot, nor Decepticon."

"I know that, Destroyer. I am not forcing you to join our side."

Destroyer nodded and then left. He returned to his headquarters.

            * * *

"Destroyer!" exclaimed Slipstream. "I was getting worried about you ... what happened?"

"Optimus Prime spoke to me about what I did to that little Autobot Limmo. He made apologise to Limmo and promise never to do it again. I realise I was wrong to do what I did."

Tempest then looked at Destroyer, deep down, feeling glad.

Destroyer knew what he had done to Limmo was wrong and in retrospect wished he had not lost control. he began to get on quite well with the little one, and Limmo's trust almost overwhelmed him. Destroyer began to see Limmo as a little brother and became quite fond of him.

            * * *

There was no fighting for a couple of weeks after that, but in the next battle, Destroyer was fighting on the Decepticons side. He saw Elita One in the battle. She had come to earth to visit her brother, Optimus Prime. Destroyer quite fancied her, but he was fighting on the Decepticons side, and he couldn't show it. He fought close to her and pulled a lot of fancy fighting moves to try to impress her. Elita One wasn't really noticing. Out of the corner of Destroyer's optical sensors, he saw that Elita One was right behind him. Destroyer pushed the Autobot that he was fighting with onto the ground. He then immediately spun around and pulled Elita One close to him, kissed her, then bolted away as fast as he could. Elita One fell backwards in surprise. A few Autobots came to her.

"Whooo, Elita, the big boy's got the hots for you ..." said Hot Rod, snickering.

"Yeah ... you could say that ..." said Elita One, blushing a little. She then smiled and let out a short laugh.

Destroyer, back at his headquarters put both of his hands on his cheeks.

"I can't believe I actually kissed her ... Ohh ..."

"Well, lover boy ..." started Slipstream.

Destroyer gasped.

"How did ..."

"I saw ya smooch her ..."

"Did anyone else see?" asked Destroyer, becoming tense.

"Don't think so."

"Good. Don't tell anyone."

"Hey, Desy, I'm your friend."

Destroyer smiled. "Thanks, Slipstream."

"You should have seen the look on Elita One's face when you left!"

Destroyer laughed. I hope she likes me ... he thought.

In the next battle, Destroyer, Slipstream and Tempest were fighting on the Decepticons side. Slipstream was badly wounded by two stray high energy explosive missiles, hitting him at the same time. He fell onto the ground in excruciating pain, then fell unconscious.

Destroyer, after the battle, was looking for Slipstream. He couldn't find him anywhere. He then looked down and saw a trail of blood leading around a corner. Destroyer went to see who was wounded.

"SLIPSTREAM!!!" he screamed, horrified, dropping his

plasma-pulse charge cannon.

He ran full speed to his friend and fell onto his knees next to him.

"Don't do this to me, Slipstream ... Please ..."

Destroyer tried to wake Slipstream up, but couldn't. He then looked at Slipstream's wounds. They looked even more horrific close up. Destroyer was very worried. He gently picked up his friend and flew with him as fast as he could to Decepticon headquarters. Destroyer couldn't find any Decepticons that would repair Slipstream. Jephfath, the Decepticon CMO had his hands full. Destroyer was almost frantic. He rushed Slipstream to Autobot headquarters. Slipstream had lost a vast amount of blood and was continuing to bleed.

The Autobots, since Destroyer fought on the Decepticons side in the last battle, raised their weapons at him and tried to chase him out of their headquarters.

"Wait ..." said Destroyer. "I haven't come to fight ... Slipstream's hurt ... He needs help ..."

The Autobots put down their weapons.

"Where's Ratchet?" asked Destroyer.

"Here," came a voice.

The Autobots let Ratchet through.

"Ratchet ..." said Destroyer, "can you please help Slipstream? He's ..."

"Destroyer," said Optimus, "you fought on the Decepticons side today."

"I know, but please ... Slipstream's really hurt ... He's dying... Please you can't let him die ... You're his only hope... No one else would help him. I would if I could, but I don't know what to do or how to do it ... please."

Optimus nodded. "I never said I wouldn't."

Destroyer couldn't describe his relieved feelings in words and felt a deep respect for the Autobot leader. "I understand" he said. "Just because we fought on the Decepticons side, does not make us Decepticons and we should always remember that."

Optimus Prime nodded. "Ratchet," he said. "Please help Slipstream."

The Autobot CMO nodded.

"Thank you, Ratchet," Destroyer said, grateful.

"It's okay, Destroyer, bring him into the repair bay."

Destroyer followed Ratchet to the repair bay, still holding Slipstream in his arms.

He lay him down on the bed. Destroyer looked very worried. Ratchet comforted him.

"I'll do everything I can for him, Destroyer, I promise."

"Thank you, Ratchet."

Ratchet smiled and began to repair Slipstream. He spent quite a few hours on the job. It seemed much longer for Destroyer. He was very worried about his friend.

"Try not to worry, Destroyer," comforted Ratchet. "I'm doing everything I can."

Destroyer gave a nervous smile and nodded.

"I really appreciate this, Ratchet ... He's the ... only friend I have."

"What about Tempest?"

"Tempest is different. I feel sorry for him, but I can't talk to him the way I can to Slipstream."

Ratchet smiled, grateful that he'd learned something about this enigmatic large Transformer. He continued to repair Slipstream and finally had his body in tact, then began to re-energise him.

"That should do it, I hope" he said.

"Thank you" said Destroyer.

Ratchet smiled.

"I'll leave you two alone for a while."

He walked out of the repair bay. Destroyer looked anxiously at Slipstream. Slipstream finally began to regain consciousness. He slowly sat up on the bed. Destroyer couldn't describe how overjoyed he felt. He hugged Slipstream in a rare display of sentimentality.

"What ... Destroyer ... you shouldn't be hugging me ... I should be hugging you ..."

Destroyer then helped Slipstream off the bed.

"I ... I was so worried about you ..." he said.

"Don't be, Des. You shouldn't worry about me ... I'm not important. You are."

"You are too, Slipstream. You're my best and only friend. You care a lot about me and vice versa, but please, stop treating me like I'm some sort of god."

Slipstream smiled shyly. "I'm sorry ... " he said, sadly, softly, looking at the floor.

Destroyer lifted his chin up.

"Hey ... it's all right."

Slipstream smiled. They walked out of the repair bay together. Destroyer saw Ratchet.

"I can't thank you enough, Ratchet," he said gratefully, "listen, if there's any reward you want ..."

"Don't worry about it, Destroyer," said Ratchet. "Saving someone's life is a good enough reward for me."

Destroyer smiled, then left with Slipstream for their headquarters.

"Where?" asked Tempest.

Destroyer told him what had happened and Tempest nodded his head. He never said much.

A few minutes later, their computer bleeped. Slipstream walked over to it.

"There's a battle" he said.

"Who's losing?" asked Destroyer.

"I can't tell" replied Slipstream. "They look pretty evenly matched to me."

Destroyer sat down in his large metal arm chair and started to drink an energon cube. "I don't feel like fighting today. We'll let them sort it out for themselves this time."

 

*

 

 

 

Back to Neutral Fanfic Page

 

Back to Transformers Page