Disclaimers:  Transformers are owned by Hasbro.

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic/fanart.

 Summary:  Special Crystals are discovered on Cybertron - both the Autobots and Decepticons want them and come face to face with an ancient Cybertronian Goddess.

 

Pronunciations:  Hadesephone -  (Hay-dee-sef-oh-nee)

Athares -  (Ath-air-ees)

Erodite -  (Ero-di-tee)

Rating - PG

~~~~~

CRYSTAL CLEAR

Prologue

 

Optimus Prime had not had a wonderful time these past months. He felt as if he had no time to do anything he wanted and wished that everything would settle down, but it seemed everywhere he turned there were things to do, which seemed to pile up from nowhere, Decepticons to fight, cities to save, Autobots and humans to console, things to repair ... etcetera, etcetera ... it never ever ended.

Although he loved Earth as a second home, Optimus Prime would've given any excuse to get to Cybertron. He really wanted to see Elita One. He missed her so much ... And needed her love, companionship and guidance, but there was too much Decepticon activity here for him to leave.

Finally Megatron gave him the excuse. Optimus could've kissed him. Well, almost ...

**

 

CRYSTAL CLEAR

Part I

 

Megatron had gone to Cybertron with Soundwave. Shockwave had apparently discovered an ancient Cybertronian mineral crystal called MalaZoiLite, which had been said, by the Cybertronian Ancients, to possess special powers. In his youth Megatron had dismissed this as superstitions nonsense, but through learning, experience, on Cybertron, other places he'd been, particularly Earth, and the humans' beliefs in the powers of crystals, he'd studied the Ancients' findings and was now convinced there was some truth to the Myths of Old.

Unfortunately for Megatron, Optimus Prime had gotten wind of what he was up to and immediately set off for Cybertron with Ironhide and Inferno, inside Omega Supreme, convinced that it would cause a cataclysmic catastrophe in the balance of power if Megatron got his hands on the ancient crystals.

"Kapah!" Megatron cursed, in Ancient Cybertronian. "That righteous, pompous fool!"

"At least we have a head start," Soundwave, giving a nod to Shockwave.

"I've located very large deposits of MalaZoiLite, in the Underworld regions of Cybertron."

"The Underworld regions..." Megatron mulled that over. Again he dismissed it as a superstition.

"They are said to be protected by spirits of the dead, and will not allow those unworthy to trespass," the one eyed Decepticon said.

"I doubt I'd be considered unworthy," Megatron snapped, although a small part of him wondered if the spirits were indeed real. Would they consent to him taking the MalaZoiLite to use its power in his conquests? He'd deal with that if and when he came to it, he decided.

"I shall remain here, Megatron," Shockwave said.

"I was about to suggest that. Take care of the Autobots. I don't feel like greeting any unwanted guests." The truth was he did not want to fail.

Shockwave nodded. "It shall be done."

Megatron and Soundwave boarded the underground Cybertronian tube rail system. Soundwave programmed in the co-ordinates Shockwave had given them.

"The line ends here," Megatron said. "The rest of the way we walk."

Both him and Soundwave stepped out of the carriage. Megatron lead the way.

Soundwave wasn't sure if the myths were true. He wasn't about to dismiss them because they were ancient or because he'd never, to his knowledge, seen a spirit of the dead. He knew what Megatron was feeling and also knew his friend would not say a word about it, maybe later he might, but for now, Soundwave said nothing to him on the subject.

Finally, they located the place they desired.

Megatron ignited one of the ancient wall torches, as the two Decepticons walked down through the dark grey stone-like walled catacombs, deep in the very depths of Cybertron.

"I am getting a MalaZoiLite reading from there," Soundwave said, pointing, his melodical voice resonating through the deep darkness of the seemingly empty Underworld region of Cybertron.

Although Megatron hoped Shockwave had taken care of the Autobots, he remained on alert at all times, in the case of any enemy intervention. Soundwave walked ahead.

"Megatron, it's just around..." he stopped suddenly.

"What is it?" Megatron asked, concerned.

"It's ... beautiful..."

Megatron became intrigued, as Soundwave rarely displayed emotion in this fashion.

Soundwave walked forward, knelt down and gently touched the MalaZoiLite, sparkling greens, with a subtle touch of red. It warmed to his touch. He was a little startled at first, but the gem gave him no pain. He carefully scooped up some and it glowed in his hand. He stood and gave it to Megatron who eyed it intently.

"Do you suppose it could be used to power a weapon?" he asked.

"Perhaps," Soundwave said, truthfully, but he was almost sure the gem's power wasn't of the destructive kind, but knowing his leader, it wasn't what he wanted to hear right now.

"At times I wish Perceptor was a Decepticon," Megatron said. "No offence, Soundwave."

"None taken."

"Can you analyse it?"

"Affirmative."

The navy blue Decepticon did so, then he hesitated.

"What is it? Can we use it to make a weapon?"

"Negative," Soundwave said, unable to hold back the truth any longer.

"What?!"

"Its matrix is not that of any other crystal or mineral and it cannot be altered."

Megatron spat out a Klingon curse. "So you mean it's worthless?"

"Only in the sense you want to use it for," came Optimus Prime's voice.

Megatron snarled. "I'll have Shockwave's eye! Is there anything else that could happen to improve my mood? I'm waiting ..."

Optimus almost smiled.

"How typical of you, Prime," Megatron spat, whilst mentally adjusting his fusion cannon. "But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at all happy to see you."

"I'm flattered," Optimus said, deadpan.

"In fact I have a surprise ... something I've been saving just for you."

"Oh really? Thank you," Optimus said in mock sweetness, "and it isn't even my Creation Day." The Autobot Leader wearily took a step forward, but was confident he could beat whatever unpleasant 'surprise.' Megatron had in store for him. The Decepticon Leader fired a small hand gun, causing Optimus' laser rifle to fly out of his hand, then Megatron raised his fusion cannon.

"Optimus! ...." Elita One tried to pull him back.

"Elita! No!"

Megatron fired.

The blast hit Elita One in the back. She jolted forward and screamed in pain as the blast tore through her body, her eyes wide and watering with agony as the blast ripped through her back. Her front section exploded outward splattering Optimus with her blood.

"ELITA!!! NOOOOO!!!!!"

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

CRYSTAL CLEAR

Part II

 

Optimus Prime caught Elita and held her bleeding body in his arms. She began to tremble and whimper with pain. He knew her life force was draining.

"Ironhide," he almost barked, "get her back to the Femmes base!"

The old Autobot nodded, quickly transformed into his red transit van mode. Prime gently placed Elita inside. She could no longer keep her eyes open. Optimus disconnected her sensors, to be absolutely sure she was feeling no more pain. She was totally unresponsive. Prime said a quick silent prayer to Primus for her recovery.

Megatron watched with interest, although a little contrite. His blast was meant for Prime.

Ironhide knew better than to talk Optimus out of having a go at Megatron. He just hoped his leader didn't totally lose it. He'd be back as soon as he was sure Elita was safe.

Ironhide made sure Elita was strapped in safely and sped off as fast as his wheels would carry him.

Megatron started to feel uncomfortable as Optimus began to turn around. "Prime ..." he started to say. "I-"

Optimus turned to him, his eyes glowing a dangerous dark blue. He grabbed his laser rifle an let his rage fly.

"YOU SON OF A WORTHLESS BITCH!!!"

He blasted Megatron numerous times. Soundwave raised his rifle, but Prime shot both the rifle and the shoulder mounted cannon.

"Keep out of this," he warned, menacingly.

Prime blasted Megatron again and lunged toward him. Soundwave tried to stop him, but Optimus Pushed him out of the way.

"I SAID, STAY OUT OF IT!!"

He grabbed Megatron and dragged him to the middle of the cavern. Soundwave stood and took a step forward.

"Stay back or I swear I'll kill him..."

Ordinarily Soundwave would've dismissed that as a bluff, coming from Optimus, but now he'd flipped Soundwave wasn't so sure and he felt he couldn't take any chances with Megatron's life. He tried to scan Optimus' mind, but was violently shut out. He instantly broke the connection and put his hand to his head for a few moments to soothe the sharp pain. He had no idea whether Optimus' snap was permanent or not. He hoped for the latter, both for Megatron's safety and even although he disliked the Autobot Leader, he respected him and this outburst wasn't good for his mental health. Soundwave knew he had to tread very, very carefully. It was like 'walking on eggshells' as the humans so eloquently put it.

"Prime ..." Megatron said, still weak form the blast. "I did not ... intend to harm her ... I-"

Prime exploded. "DO YOU THINK THAT MAKES ANY FUCKING DIFFERENCE??!!!"

Optimus viciously backhanded him across the face. Megatron tried to grab his hand, but Optimus Prime slammed the sharp piece of debris through his palm, then yanked the jagged piece out again. Soundwave took a small step forward, then tried to lunge, but Optimus Prime blasted him. The Decepticon fell backwards, then slowly stood.

Optimus Prime glared at him. "I'm warning you, Soundwave... Don't interfere."

Megatron tried again to break free of Optimus extremely tight grip. Prime slammed the shard into his stomach. The pain ripped through Megatron's body from that sensitive spot.

Soundwave winced, almost feeling his friend's pain. He desperately wanted to help, but was unsure what Optimus, in his current state of mind would do to Megatron. Soundwave slowly stood, steadying himself on a mound of MalaZoiLite

"Do not harm him," he said, for all the good he thought it'd do. He felt he had to do something - anything.

"And why not?" Optimus growled. "I'll make him pay for what he did to Elita."

"She may survive."

"You don't know that."

"Nor do you know that she will not. There is every chance that Elita One will be repaired."

"And she might not be - and even if she does survive ... do you think it makes what he did all right?"

Soundwave knew the answer to that and he also knew nothing he said would change Optimus' mind. Still in pain, Megatron tried to free himself again. Optimus violently bashed his enemy, then stabbed the jagged shard into his chest and roughly jerked it out. He'd purposely moved away from Soundwave.

"You deserve to die you fucking bastard..." he spat.

Megatron resented feeling so weak and afraid, and was grateful for Soundwave risking Optimus wrath trying to help him. Megatron even finding himself hoping that Elita would be repaired, although he had no love for any Autobots, she had not been his intended target. Optimus wrenched Megatron's arm behind his back.

"Optimus..." Megatron said, trying not to wince. "I am sorry. I didn't mean to harm ..."

"SHUT UP!!!"

He wrenched the arm harder. Megatron violently tried to jerk away, but Optimus responded with equal violence and wouldn't let him. Megatron began to think of a plan and relaxed. When Optimus was monetarily distracted, Megatron yanked his arm free and went for the shard. Unfortunately for him, Optimus jerked his hand away, grabbed his rifle and blasted Megatron four times, then viciously backhanded him across his face and blasted him again. Megatron was thrown backwards against the hard wall of the catacomb, and crashed to the floor, part of him furious, the other very much afraid. He was unable to stand. Optimus blasted him again. Megatron tried to pull himself away, but Optimus grabbed him, bashed him, and held the shard at his throat.

Soundwave knew he was fast running out of options. "Do not kill him," he said to Optimus.

"Why not?" Optimus demanded, his usual gentle kind voice now bitter and harsh.

"He is my friend," Soundwave said simply.

The short, simple response made Optimus Prime hesitate. He looked up at Soundwave. Part of him could see how much he felt for Megatron, the other part still wanted revenge. Soundwave stood tenser than he'd ever been, hoping, silently praying that Optimus would see reason, but then Soundwave thought that if the situation were reversed and Optimus had killed Megatron, he'd more than likely feel how Optimus was feeling now.

"Please..." There was nothing more he felt he could say.

Optimus looked at him again. Soundwave could see the sadness in the Autobot Leader's eyes, behind the burning rage. Optimus threw Megatron's wounded and unconscious body over to him. Soundwave immediately knelt down to him, relived Optimus had done no further damage and that his anger hadn't totally overridden his compassionate nature. Soundwave did feel angry at what Optimus had done, but he knew how the mind worked and knew the effects of the loss of a loved one. Optimus Prime looked lost and disorientated. Soundwave edged toward his rifle, grabbed it and blasted Optimus, a little contrite, in the circumstances, but he felt he had to protect Megatron before Optimus could change his mind.

Soundwave knelt before the unconscious bodies of both friend and foe and prepared to take them one by one into the train carriage. There was a small old not so secret anymore Decepticon post not too far from here by tube.

A gentle breeze blew through the darkened catacombs.

Soundwave looked around. Of course there was no one else there, besides an out cold Megatron and Optimus, but he couldn't shake the feeling that he wasn't alone down here. A shiver traversed his body. Soundwave shook his head. He knew there was nowhere a breeze could have come from - not this deep inside the planet, and even if he did imagine it, right now he had to take both Megatron and Optimus and get them repaired.

Another breeze blew, this time colder and a little stronger.

~~~~~~~~~

 

CRYSTAL CLEAR

 

Part III

 

Soundwave carried Megatron to the tube car, then quickly went back for Optimus, even though his enemy, Soundwave felt he couldn't just leave him there. He set the tube co-ordinates for a deserted Decepticon base he knew of, planning to use the repaid bay there to repair and revitalise Megatron and hope Optimus Prime would have calmed by then.

Soundwave hurriedly began to repair Megatron's wounds, none of which were fatal, but quite painful nonetheless. Optimus Prime had stabbed and blasted at random. Soundwave was glad the repair bay was partially stocked at least. He wiped away the blood, then dabbed some acetone onto his friend's wounds and allowed them to heal and began to reenergize him.

He then attended to Optimus and carried him into a separate room. Of course his wounds were not as severe. Soundwave allowed Optimus Prime's automatic repaid systems take care of them and laid him down.

Soundwave returned to Megatron and saw him starting to regain consciousness. Soundwave waited a few more moments.

"How are you feeling?"

Megatron groaned. "Apart from a very large headache and aching body, I'm fine."

He tried to get up, but winced. Soundwave gently pushed him back down onto the bed.

"The pain should subside in a few more minutes. I have repaired your wounds and you should recover fully within the next few hours."

"Thank you, Soundwave."

"My pleasure."

"But how did you stop-"

"I talked him out of it."

"Talked?"

"I asked him not to kill you."

"And he complied?" Megatron asked, surprised.

"Essentially, yes."

"Soundwave, you're a genius."

The tall, slender dark blue Transformers smiled. "I do what I must."

Soundwave radioed the Autobot Femme base. Unfortunately, he could not use this technique to locate their base, as they had wired their way around that.

Moonracer answered the call and saw who it was. "What do you want?"

"I wish to enquire if Elita One is functional."

Surprised by the question, Moonracer hesitated. "May I know why?"

"I realise it awkward, but I must know the answer. I am not planning deception."

Usually that's exactly what Decepticons planned, but for some reason, she believed him.

"Yes, she's recovering... why-"

"Good."

Soundwave cut communications, leaving Moonracer very confused indeed. Since when did Decepticons get pleased that an Autobot was going to live? Soundwave sure was an enigma.

Soundwave went back to Optimus, still unconscious. He had to make sure that Prime wouldn't wake up and suddenly go hell for leather at Megatron again. He used his mind powers to discover the reason for Optimus' outburst. he sensed it was more than his love for Elita. Soundwave was quite surprised at what he found. Prime was exhausted - even before he came to Cybertron. For the past six Earth months at least he felt as if he'd been run ragged ... Everyone expecting him to do everything - Autobots, humans ... fighting Decepticons ... barely a moment to himself, apart from a few relaxing soaks and dreaming of having more time to himself and ... Elita. As always he'd kept his frustration and anger in check. In fact he had been somewhat pleased about Megatron discovering the MalaZoiLite - he felt he had to stop him, as he believed Megatron would use the gemstone power for destructive purposes ... and when Megatron had blasted Elita, and seeing the shocked, twisted pain on her face, the explosion of blood ... holding her limp body in his arms, perhaps for the last time ... he felt that it was his fault almost as much as Megatron's and Prime had snapped, all his bottled anger, frustration exploding at once and all being vented on Megatron.

Despite his anger, Soundwave felt pity for the Autobot Leader. He knew how stressed Megatron could get when he overexerted himself - of course he never showed it on the outside, but Soundwave always knew when it was time for Megatron to take a nap ... and Soundwave knew how difficult it was to get him to do that. He decided to let Optimus wake up naturally. He was asleep now and from what Soundwave could tell, he needed it. Soundwave placed a glass of energon milk beside Optimus, shaking his head, feeling like he was playing nursemaid to both leaders and even though Prime was his enemy, he felt he could barely leave him in such an undesirable state of mind.

It was hours before Optimus awoke. He came to and lay there for another three hours before awakening fully.

"Ohh..." he groaned, placing his hand on his head, feeling as though it had been used to bash through 53 high security doors. He saw a glass of liquid energon milk and drank the warm liquid. It seemed to calm his nerves. Optimus assumed he'd been rescued by the Autobots.

"Elita!" he suddenly exclaimed, dropping the glass.

"She is fine," came Soundwave's voice.

Optimus looked up and saw Soundwave transform.

"What ... How long have you been there?"

"Approximately thirty minutes. Elita One is functional."

"How do you know that?"

"I radioed the Femmes base. Moonracer informed me that she was recovering."

As much as Optimus mistrusted Decepticons he could tell Soundwave spoke the truth.

Soundwave was glad too see that Optimus had calmed, despite masking a monster of a headache. Optimus Prime took a few moments, then placed his hand on his head, though not to dull the headache pain.

"My god ... tell me that was a dream..."

"No," Soundwave said. "It wasn't."

Prime's face flushed a shade of red.

"Is he all right?"

"Yes. You inflicted painful, though no permanent damage."

"Why did you bring me here?"

Soundwave paused. "You did not seem quite yourself."

"I wasn't ... but that's no excuse."

"Perhaps not ... though you should not overexert yourself so much."

Prime became confused. "How..." He realised Soundwave must have probed his mind whilst he lay unconscious."

"Do not be offended, Optimus," Soundwave said. "I did not read anything other than that."

Optimus smiled more to himself that at Soundwave. "I can see why Megatron chose you as his advisor. Is it hard to get him to rest too?"

Soundwave stifled a smile. "Quite often."

Optimus chuckled. Soundwave let a small smile escape, and even though it was hidden behind his face plate, Optimus himself also having a face plate could tell a hidden smile when he saw one.

Megatron had listened in on the entire conversation and had been surprised at Optimus' genuine concern for his welfare and remorse from his actions. He cautiously entered the room. Despite Optimus Prime's concern, Megatron did not want a replay of the events. Optimus sat up, but simply could not bring himself to look him in the eye.

"I suppose you want an apology," he said.

"Do you want to give one?"

Optimus Prime paused. "I am embarassed by my actions," he said, finding the words hard. "I've never done anything like that before."

"There's a first time for everything."

Megatron's response surprised Optimus. He had been expecting a threat. Optimus earlier outburst had frightened Megatron, despite how reluctant he was to admit it. There were few times when Megatron had been very afraid and that had been one of them. He'd underestimated Optimus' admirable love for the Autobot Femme Leader and Optimus' outburst had proved to him that the Autobot Leader wasn't as self righteous and snobbish as he had once believed.

"I am not totally sorry for my actions, though, Megatron."

Optimus looked up at him and started to feel uncomfortable. Would Megatron retaliate? He wasn't in the spirit for a fight right now - he was never really 'in the spirit' for fighting - he hated it, but felt he had to.

Megatron broke the awkward silence. "Soundwave told me he radioed the femmes and found that Elita will live."

"Yes, he told me."

"If it makes matters better, I had not intended to harm her."

"That's not the point, is it? We both acted rashly."

"Agreed," Megatron said, again hiding his surprise at Optimus Prime's reaction.

Optimus paused. "You're angry about the MalaZoiLite being 'worthless' aren't you?"

"So I made an error in judgement. Blast me."

"I may take you up on that."

"Evidently you made the same mistake."

"Oh?"

"If you were so sure that the MalaZoiLite could not be used to power a weapon, you wouldn't've followed me here in the first place."

"True, but I couldn't take that risk."

"Of course, you just had to come stop us 'evil' Decepticons."

Optimus Prime was unamused by Megatron's comment.

"So all this fuss over a ancient, pretty gemstone..."

"At least we agree on two things."

"Oh?" Megatron said, "and what would they be?"

"That we've both made mistakes and that it's pretty."

"It's a lot more than that..." came a female voice which seemed to resonate through the entire room.

"Show yourself," Megatron demanded.

"There's no need to be rude," Optimus said.

"Shut up."

A beautiful female robotic elf/fairy like figure appeared in the centre of the room, her mesh clothing flowing, although there was no wind.

"I am Hadesephone," she said.

"Ancient Cybertronian Goddess of protection, death and rebirth," Optimus Prime said, in awe at her appearance. he'd never seen a deity of myth before, Cybertronian or otherwise.

"I am also the Guardian of the MalaZoiLite."

Megatron too was quite impressed, but hid it. "What's there here to guard?" he snapped, expecting her to anger.

She did not. "There's more to it than meets the eye," she said. "It is much more than just a pretty stone. it is the powers of the stone that healed both you," she indicated Megatron, "and Elita One's wounds."

Megatron looked to Soundwave who nodded.

Hadesephone held out a handful of glimmering MalaZoiLite pieces which sparkled and glowed in her hand, looking even more beautiful. Megatron could not help but feel a touch of guilt.

"Then if you knew my intentions, why did you do nothing to stop me taking the MalaZoiLite, if it's so precious?" he asked.

"You had an important lesson to learn. If I had intervened, you would have learnt nothing, nor would you, Optimus Prime."

Prime nodded. "Thank you."

Megatron said nothing, but it was obvious that he had reluctant thanks and was impressed with the Goddess before him and regarded her with grudging thanks. Soundwave watched her in silence. He'd never seen anyone so beautiful and with so much wisdom and insight. He'd read the ancient Cybertronian scrolls about her and had always wondered if she existed and now he had received an answer and was over Cybertron's moons about it. She smiled at him, warmth radiating from her as if knowing what he was thinking.

"Thank you, Soundwave," she said, "for helping me resolve this matter."

"My pleasure," he said.

She gave them all some MalaZoiLite crystals. "Use these in times of need. I must leave you all now. Fare you well."

With that her luminescent form vanished, leaving only a trace of glowing dust on the ground, which scattered with the nonexistent winds, leaving all three Transformers spiritually uplifted. Although Megatron would admit nothing of the sort, he had a feeling the other two could already tell.

he broke a long silence and addressed Optimus Prime.

"Well ..." he felt uncomfortable talking to his arch enemy this way. "You're free to go."

"Huh..." Prime too felt awkward. "Thank you ..."

He stood up and started to leave, feeling somewhat uncomfortable with the whole situation.

"Oh, Prime..."

Optimus turned around, half expecting a goodbye blast.

"If you ever do that again, I'll-"

"I'm surprised you didn't do it this time."

Megatron folded his arms. "I came damn close, but your display was... impressive."

He left out 'and frightening,' but Optimus Prime could already tell that.

"I'd hardly call it that," Prime said, as he left the two Decepticons to themselves.

After Optimus had long gone, Megatron turned to Soundwave. "She was beautiful, wasn't she?"

Soundwave could tell Megatron was not only referring to her physical form.

"Indeed."

"Do you suppose we'll ever see her again?"

"I believe we shall - when next we need her guidance."

Megatron smiled. "Good."

"We had better leave now," Soundwave smiled. "Starscream will be worried sick."

Megatron laughed. "I'll bet."

Hadesephone watched Megatron and Soundwave leave, as she had watched Optimus make his way to the surface, from her secret crevices deep in the heart of Cybertron.

 

~~~~~~~

 

CRYSTAL CLEAR

Part IV

 

Optimus walked to the Femme's Base. His instincts and monitors told him he had not been followed. It didn't seem to take as long as it actually had. He entered the large base.

"Prime!" Inferno gasped. "We've been worried sick! We couldn't contact you, find you or nothin'!"

Prime smiled. It felt good to be missed. "How's Elita?"

"Recovering. She's gonna be all right."

"I know ... I was so worried about her ..."

"Right now she's resting."

Optimus smiled.

"Where in the Cyber Hades were you?!" Ironhide said.

"With Megatron, and Soundwave."

"Good thing y' escaped."

"They let me go, actually."

"Whaaaat? ... Hey, not that I'm complainin' ...."

"It's a long story. I'll tell you later."

Ironhide and Inferno nodded, thinking the tale could be interesting.

Optimus stopped by the repair bay, ducked in and saw Elita sleeping peacefully with no signs of damage and he smiled warmly. He had no intention of disturbing her as he went to get a long overdue rest himself.

Moonracer fussed over him before he could retreat to the guest quarters. She escorted him, and ran an energon bath for him, which he appreciated. He hadn't had one of those in ages.

He smiled at Moonracer. "It's all right," he said.

"The bath isn't hot enough yet," she said, regulating the temperature.

"That's not what I meant."

She could tell by his tome what he meant. "Oh," she said blushing ... Optimus, please don't be mad ..."

"No, flattered, actually. It's been a while since anyone had a crush on me."

Moonracer couldn't help but smile. "Is it that obvious?"

"Only to me."

"Prime, I'd never do anything to come between you and Elita ... It's not just because I think you're good looking and it's not just you know, lust or -"

"I know," Optimus said. "It's not wrong to have those feelings. I think you're beautiful too."

"You do?" Moonracer was genuinely surprised. "You're also intelligent and strong willed."

He lowered his mouth plate and kissed her on the cheek.

"Thank you she said, returning the kiss on his light grey cheek. "Enjoy your soak."

"I will," he said with a smile as Moonracer left.

She practically glowed as she walked down the corridor, feeling very pleased. Optimus had taught her that it wasn't wrong to love another's mate - love came in many forms.

Optimus closed his yes and relaxed in his energon bath. It was over an hour before he before he got out of it and went for a short walk.

Elita was up and about before Chromia had a chance to mother her.

"There you are ..." she said, coming to her leader.

"I'm fine, Chromia," Elita smiled. "I had a good rest. I still feel a little weak, but that'll pass."

"Well I don't want you overexerting yourself.

"Do I look like I'm overexerting? It's not like I'm planning to duke it out with Shockwave."

"Elita..."

"Optimus ..." she smiled, before she even turned around to look at him.

The two hugged. Optimus held her gently. "I'll leave you two alone, Chromia said with a smile.

"I'll see you later, Elita said, smiling also.

"I was so worried about you..." Optimus said.

She kissed him on the cheek. "I could say the same about you."

"Please, Elita, don't even do that again ... I'm so sorry, Elita..."

"It's not your fault, Optimus Prime and what did you expect me to do? Let him blast you? Don't you are blame yourself."

"I dealt with Megatron - harshly - too harshly in fact, but that's over now."

Elita smiled. "You have him a real pounding? I'm flattered."

Optimus half smiled. "I do feel somewhat responsible for what happened to you."

"Don't be, Optimus. There's no need to."

"Thanks," he said with a gentle smile.

Prime and Elita retreated to her quarters and he told her about what had happened with Megatron.

"You almost killed him?"

"Yes. Thankfully Soundwave stopped me. I ... I was just so angry ... about ... everything ... I feel ashamed about what I did."

Elita held his hand. "I understand, Optimus, and thank you for telling me."

Prime told her how Soundwave had helped both of them, and he told her of the Ancient Cybertronian Goddess Hadesephone.

"I have seen Athares once," Elita said, "the Ancient Cybertronian Goddess of War. She helped us escape the Decepticons."

"You never told me."

"I guess I wasn't sure if you'd believe me and it was after you had gone to Earth and so it was a long while ago now, but I'll always remember her."

"As I'll remember Hadesephone."

"It's amazing how the myths are actually true, but not many seem to realise it."

Optimus nodded. "I have often wondered about the truth in myths, both Cybertron and Earth."

"Tell me about Earth myths."

Optimus Prime smiled as Elita lay down. They could both do with some rest right now.

"I remember the god old days when we used to nag each other to get some rest," he smiled.

Elita giggled. "Although I am used to being alone, It's nice to be resting with you."

"Ditto," Optimus said, using an Earth phrase he'd heard Carly say.

Elita smiled as Optimus began to tell her many Earth mythological stories, Ancient Greece, Irish and English Myths, Fairies, Australian Myths and many more as she smiled listening to his beautiful gentle voice as he retold the stories of old.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

CRYSTAL CLEAR

Part V

 

Optimus went for a walk with Elita around the huge base. It stretched for quite a way, and went quite far underground. It was well hidden, shielded and soundproofed and many hidden weapons surrounded it. so if the Decepticons ever did discover it, it was well protected

"I've missed you, you know," Elita said to him.

He smiled and kissed her on the cheek. "And I you. How are you feeling?"

"A lot better - well in fact." She lay her head on Optimus' shoulder. She missed his shoulders to lean on, even though she was an independent woman. He put her hand on her back.

"I miss you too, but we're going to be late for the meeting."

Optimus, Ironhide and Inferno met Elita in the conference room, with the other females.

"Optimus, I want to run something by you," she said. "Firestar came up with the idea and I wondered why any of us hadn't thought of it earlier."

"Shoot," Optimus said.

"Okay," Elita aimed her gun at him, then lowered it and they both smiled.

She gestured for Optimus to take a seat.

"It's a exchange program," Firestar said, "so both male and female Autobots are able spend more time with each other therefore getting to know each other better. We exchange one or two persons, for a duration or two fo say an Earth month - shorter or longer if necessary."

"I'd thought of something like that," Optimus said, " but at the time, transportation was too risky due to Decepticon attacks."

Moonracer nodded. "We've recently started construction of our own space bridge, although it's still in the experimental stages and should be completed within the next two months."

"That's excellent," Optimus said, with anticipation.

Elita smiled. "I wanted so much to tell you, but any transmissions may have been intercepted."

Optimus nodded. "A wise decision."

"Up until then, either Cosmos or Omega Supreme may be able to transport passengers, as long as the risk Decepticons isn't too great."

Prime nodded again. "I agree absolutely with the exchange program. It'll be great for us all to be reacquainted."

"It almost seems too good to be true," Moonracer said.

"Yeah," Atlanta nodded. "We're also working on a tight security channel to radio Earth without risk Decepticon interception."

Atlanta nodded her green head. "Once the channel is secure, we'll be informing Earthbase of our progress."

"Every time we've tried to organise a similar operation, it's always been hampered by the risk of Decepticon intervention," Ironhide said.

"But now it looks like we're finally getting somewhere, thanks to all of you," Inferno said with a smile.

His praise was well welcomed by smiling faces.

"One other thing," Elita said. "I've been liaison with another group of Autobots, mostly female, on the other side of Cybertron, of whom we met by accident, thanks to Shockwave, actually. They have decided to join us in their quest."

"Great!" Ironhide exclaimed. "The more the merrier."

"It's somewhat of a relief," Sole said. "We were managing on our own, but more than once things have gotten a little too hot."

All in that room felt that the program and the merge would help the Autobots, not just in their fight with the Decepticons, but since female transformers were quite rare, their insights would be invaluable and there would be quite a lot the men could learn, both physically and spiritually. Yes, this was turning out to be quite a positive development.

It had been over an hour since the meeting passed. Moonracer felt somewhat lonely. Sha had a crush on Powerglide once, but nothing serious and Optimus knew hoe she felt about him, but she'd never act on that. Elita One, Chromia and Firestar had deservedly gone to spend intimate times with their betrotheds and as for Atlanta and Sole, they didn't go out with boys, full stop. Moonracer hoped they enjoyed their time together - all her friends. She smiled to herself knowing her time would come, but for now she sat by herself and monitored for Decepticon activity, and complete other tasks around the base that had been needing doing for some months now. She tried not to feel too left out and felt glad with herself at the work she'd accomplished, although part of her wished she had someone to with whom share her intimate feelings.

~~~~~~

 

CRYSTAL CLEAR

Part VI

 

 

Chromia met Elita One outside.

"You haven't looked so good in ages. You're shining like Alpha Centauri!"

"I feel great!" Elita exclaimed, kissing her friend and second in command.

Chromia smiled. "So do I. I can't begin to tell you how much I've missed Ironhide."

"Nor I Optimus."

"Or me Inferno!" A bubbly Firestar arrived.

"Oo!"

They all laughed.

Optimus knew it was time to leave. Megatron and Soundwave would have no doubt arrived on Earth by now, via the Space Bridge. Optimus saw Ironhide starting to load off the last of the supplies to the femme warriors. He began to recollect his thoughts. As much as he would like to stay - or for Elita to join him, he knew it was not possible. He was needed on Earth and she here, on Cybertron and he knew both their Causes were too important to allow his desires to jeopardise that.

Elita walked to him. "I know what you're thinking. I feel the same way. It's not selfish to feel that way. Stop torturing yourself."

He turned to her and smiled. "Thank you ... I wish it could be easier."

She nodded her agreement. "But it isn't." But she knew he already knew that. "One more thing, Optimus - don't you ever stay away so long again!"

He smiled. "I'm sorry ... I was wondering when you were going to rouse me for that. I promise, Elita."

And this time he did kiss her goodbye. And he did not seem to mind that they weren't alone. Ironhide and the femmes did nothing to disturb their leaders' goodbye, nor did they giggle like pathetic imbeciles. They were grateful their friends and leaders had the opportunity to share their time and love.

"She needed that," Chromia whispered to Ironhide.

He grabbed her and kissed her. "Ah promise it won't be so long next time."

"Better not be or I'll have your guts for microchips!"

He smiled. "I'm sure ya would, 'Mia."

She kissed him on the cheek.

Optimus gave Elita another kiss goodbye, a shorter one, before he, Ironhide and Inferno boarded Omega Supreme. Omega had often wished he'd find someone to love and to love him in return. He knew his friends loved and cared for him and had given their all to save him more than once, but the love of a mate was different. He'd never been loved by another that way, and although he knew the future hadn't been written yet, the prospect of him finding love seemed bleak to him. He didn't let it occupy his every conscious moment, but when it did arise, the thought was not a pleasant one while he waited for it to pass, not welcoming the time when it would surface again. Of course, being a private Transformer he'd never said a thing to anyone, not even Optimus Prime, whom he trusted above everyone. Maybe someday he'd feel confident enough to discuss it with his leader, but not today certainly not with anyone else about. He felt less lonely with his friends boarding him, and looked forward to the journey to Earth.

Optimus Prime never took his eyes Off Elita One, nor Ironhide off Chromia or Inferno off Firestar, and the femmes watched Omega Supreme until he had seemingly disappeared into the far reaches of space, before returning to their hidden underground base, all looking hopefully forward to the time when they would see their betrotheds again - but more to the time when the war would be over and they could be with their loves and never have to say goodbye.

"Coming up on Earth now," Optimus said, feeling like he'd been away for longer than he had, by the same token, felt like his time with Elita had been so short and he was determined to keep his promise to his love and return someday soon and had nothing but great anticipation for the exchange program.

Omega prepared to land near the Autobot base, hoping someday to tell of his private thoughts.

Optimus he stared at the beautiful blue and white planet, seemingly growing larger, through Omega's window. Part of him cursed the Decepticons for following the Autobots there, so long ago - the other part thanked them. The Autobots would never have made some very dear friends if they had never discovered Earth - but the war had cost the Earth a lot and it was a debt Optimus felt he had to pay. He cherished Earth - it was a second home to him. If the Autobots had never come here, they would never have discovered this beautiful planet, nor its myths, wonders and it's diversity of life forms. Optimus Prime found himself thinking about the Ancient Greek Myths. The Greek Gods were very similar to the Ancient Cybertronian Gods of Myth and legend and after seeing Hadesephone, Optimus was convinced that she was not the only one. Perhaps Erodite the Goddess of love would shine on him and Elita - and the others again - but for now, Optimus wished Athares, the God of war would bloody well give it a rest. Many Autobots and Decepticons had been killed. Optimus now knew that Hadesephone cared for their souls, good and evil alike. But many Transformers had known nothing but war and those who were alive before the war - it had been so long, the peace before the war felt like a ancient distant memory from a fading dream.

Optimus he prepared to disembark from his journey and get a little rest and hope the Decepticons wouldn't disturb it.

He gazed at the small piece of MalaZoiLite in his hand and smiled. It was one of the most beautiful things he had ever seen. He could feel its warmth and knew that someday - someday the Autobots and Decepticons would set aside their differences - not kiss and make up, but that the hostilities would cease and both sides would benefit. That little piece of hope - it may not have seemed like much now, but at least it was a start - a start of a reality he'd only dreamed about, and even though he didn't know how or when, it was enough for him to feel that he'd accomplished something wonderful - that his life had not been in vain and that someday there would he could live his life without war. He gently closed his hand around the MalaZoiLite, silently thanking the gemstone and Hadesephone for their wisdom and understanding and hoping that Megatron and Soundwave had not lost the message. But for now, Optimus set the MalaZoiLite neatly down on the compartment near his resting ledge in his quarters and relaxed in a long, warm energon bath, thinking back on the entire sojourn to Cybertron, grateful so much good had come from it, despite the drama, promising himself never to overexert himself as he had in the past few months and smiled to himself as he felt inside him that the future looked brighter for all Transformers.

 

~~~~~~~

 

CRYSTAL CLEAR

Epilogue

 

"You did well, Hadesephone," Primus said.

She smiled. "It was good to speak with mortals again - to give them faith in our Ancient Myths - and to also teach them to be more accepting, understanding, no matter how difficult."

Primus smiled. "You even teach me."

The Goddess smiled back at her Father. "It is that which is my greatest pleasure."

She looked up and gazed upon the stars, waiting for the time when the insights of her kind would be needed once more. Hadesephone, Goddess of Death and Rebirth looked forward with great expectations for what the future held for Primus' Children.

 

*

 Back to Autobot & Decepticon Fanfic Page

 

Back to Transformers Page