Disclaimers: Transformers are owned by Hasbro.

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic/fanart.

Summary: An Optimus Prime and Megatron story

Rating - PG

~~~~~~~~

THEIR CAUSE

 

Very low on energy, Megatron crawled away, on the burning desert ground, trying to escape from Optimus Prime. Megatron was loath to admit his fear and was determined not to let the Autobot take him captive.

Meanwhile, Optimus Prime was searching for Megatron.

I cannot let him escape ... I have tried to reason with him, but he does not listen. If he succeeds, he will destroy all us Autobots, take control of Earth, enslave all the humans, regain control of Cybertron and conquer the universe. I will not let that happen. I do not want to kill him, but I may have no other alternative ...

Megatron was embarrassed at his fear, and chose to ignore it.

"I'd love to kill that Prime with my bare hands ..." he said quietly to himself, his face full of rage.

 

Optimus Prime was still searching for Megatron and finally detected him.

"At last ... I hope this won't turn ugly ..."

Optimus transformed into articulated truck mode and drove to Megatron, then transformed again.

"All right -- Hold it, Megatron ..."

@#$%! Oh great ...

"Don't move," ordered Optimus.

Megatron ignored him. Optimus blasted near the Decepticon Leader with his laser rifle. Megatron quickly turned around, sitting on the ground and glared at Optimus, cursing inwardly at his helpless start. Optimus Prime pointed his laser rifle, approximately 5 centimetres from Megatron's face, finger on the trigger. Megatron had no choice, but to do exactly as Prime said.

"Okay, Prime" he growled. "You win. For now ... "

Optimus took a furious Megatron back to Autobot headquarters and supplied him with enough Energon to survive. Megatron did not thank him.

"Now, Megatron, I want you to tell me all your plans, otherwise I'll be forced to ..."

Optimus clicked his laser rifle and pointed it at Megatron.

Megatron stared at Optimus as if he's gone mad.

I may have to kill him if he doesn't tell me ... I have to be patient with him.

"All right, Megatron, I'll give you some time to think about it."

"I have already thought about it, Prime. NO! Go and stick your head in a black hole."

"No thanks. If you do not tell me, it'll be your loss."

Optimus left.

It was some time before Optimus Prime returned.

"Prime, please ..." gasped Megatron, sounding weak, "I need some energy... Pri...ime ..."

He may be my arch enemy, but I cannot let him suffer like this...

"All right" Optimus nodded, leaving the cell.

Megatron smiled. More energy = more strength.

That compassionate fool ... Megatron grinned.

Optimus came back with an Energon cube, which Megatron, appearing to be weak, drank slowly.

He finished the cube, and before Optimus knew it, Megatron was on top of him.

"Dammit!" Optimus swore, fighting Megatron off.

Megatron took his opportunity to escape and was off. Optimus Prime was after him in no time.

The Decepticon Leader flew into the sky, and started to fly back to Decepticon headquarters. hoping he had enough energy. Optimus was soon after him. He aimed his laser rifle to the sky. Megatron blasted at him, but Optimus leapt out of the way. He blasted Megatron. The Decepticon leader cursed and tried to remain airborne, but did not have enough energy and crashed to the ground. He saw he had landed near a service station.

Megatron quickly crawled over, grabbed the petrol pump and began swallowing the petrol, not thinking Optimus would give him any more energy.

Optimus grabbed him away and looked at the petrol pump register.

"Six million dollars!!!!! " he exclaimed. " Sheesh! "I'm never taking you out to dinner again!"

Megatron grunted.

The station owner was going crazy.

"I'm sorry, Sir," said Optimus Prime, politely, "I can pay you tomorrow."

Optimus tied Megatron's hands together with an Energon band.

"Do you always eat so much?"

"I was hungry."

"Well, next time you wanna drink super unleaded on my budget, go somewhere where it's cheaper!"

"Like I had a choice, Prime," Megatron growled.

The Autobots kept a lot of reserve money in case they needed to use it. As promised, Optimus paid the station owner the next day.

"I need to know your plans, Megatron," he said. "Are you going to tell me or not?"

"No. If you were in my position, would you?"

Optimus was silent.

I have no choice, but to torture him ... I wish I didn't have to hurt him ...

Optimus took Megatron to a room and forced him into a glass-like chamber.

"What are you doing? ... Let me out of here ..."

"No, Megatron. I have no choice but to torture you. I'm sorry."

Optimus turned the power on. Low at first. It was quite painful.

Megatron did not want to show any sign of weakness in front of his arch enemy. Optimus stopped the machine for a while.

"Will you tell me what I want to know?"

"No ..." Megatron growled.

Optimus had no choice, but to turn up the power.

Megatron bore the pain, and swore to himself that he would not give Optimus Prime any satisfaction. Optimus saw the pain Megatron was in and knew that the Decepticon leader would keep tight lipped.

Optimus hesitated for a little while, then stopped the machine.

He put Megatron back into the cell and left. Megatron sat on the floor.

"That hurt ..." he gasped to himself, grateful to be out of the machine.

The next time, Optimus entered the cell, Megatron grabbed his laser rifle and tried to blast Optimus. The Autobot grabbed the rifle back and blasted Megatron him with it.

"Tell me your plans," he ordered.

Megatron kept silent.

Optimus shot him in his stomach. "Megatron --" this is your last chance. Tell me or ..."

"All right ... all right ... I'll tell you ..." Megatron growled.

Megatron began to tell Optimus Prime 'his plans.'

Optimus was listening, knowing Megatron was lying.

"There" he said angrily. "Are you satisfied?"

"No."

"What?! But I told you ..."

"What you told me was bullsh ... Lies, Megatron."

Megatron felt uneasy. Optimus Prime pointed his laser rifle at his face.

"Tell me now, Megatron."

Megatron hesitated.

"I plan to ... Destroy all you Autobots, take control of Earth, and then Cybertron and then conquer the Universe -- "

"Exactly how do you plan to do that?"

"That's my business."

Optimus glared at him.

Megatron began to tell Optimus another 'plan.'

"Will you tell the truth, before I lose my patience? ..."

Lose his patience ... That'd be the day ...

Optimus pointed his laser rifle in Megatron's face. Megatron backed off a little.

What am I going to do? I hate killing, if I kill Megatron, the war might end, and if I don't, the war will go on. Who knows where or when it will end? But life is more important to me ...

Megatron was still on the floor, sitting down. He saw Optimus Prime looking away and quickly grabbed his laser rifle. Megatron then jumped on top of him. It startled Optimus.

"Now, Prime, tell me your plans or be terminated -- "

Optimus, a little frightened, but remained calm and didn't say a thing.

"Tell me, Prime or ..."

Great. Just great ... thought Optimus.

"And even if you do tell me - I'll still terminate you -- Scared, aren't you, Prime ... " he teased.

"Everyone gets frightened now and then, Megatron. It's only natural."

Megatron pointed the laser rifle closer to Optimus Prime's face. Optimus kept quiet and backed away a little. Megatron smiled, took the rifle back a little and blasted Optimus Prime in his stomach, then in his chest.

"I wouldn't want to spoil your pretty face ... " he said sarcastically.

He shot Optimus Prime again, stood up and kicked him hard in his stomach and blasted him again in his side. Optimus Prime played dead. He heard Megatron walk out of the cell and throw the laser rifle down.

Optimus quietly tried to activate his automatic repair systems. It was difficult, but he managed to, then knelt on the floor.

"Ohhh ..." he groaned softly, shaking his head.

Optimus picked up his laser rifle, walked out of the cell, to find Megatron. Megatron had taken a detour to the Energon room before escaping.

Optimus Prime had figured Megatron would do that. He saw Megatron come out of the room and blasted at him.

"PRIME!! You have more lives than a cat!"

Optimus blasted at him again. Megatron was unarmed and couldn't defend himself. He threw an Energon cube at Optimus Prime, which exploded when it hit the floor.

Megatron ran outside, with Optimus Prime in hot pursuit. Before Megatron could take off, Optimus blasted him. Megatron swore as he hit the ground, cursing Optimus Prime.

Optimus shot him in his chest, then in his stomach and again in his chest. Megatron was hurt and could not stand. The blast wounds were hurting him a lot. The Autobot leader and pointed his laser rifle at him.

I do not want to kill him ...

"Last chance, Megatron ... Your plans."

"No" he said, taking a breath.

Optimus Prime admired Megatron's enemy's loyalty and devotion to his cause - Optimus Prime had the same devotion to the Autobot cause.

Optimus took a deep breath and he pointed his laser rifle at Megatron's head.

"I'm Sorry, Megatron ..."

Optimus Prime hesitated, then ...

The blast seemed to come from nowhere. Megatron shut his eyes. Sensing he was still alive after a few moments, he opened one eye, which was enough to see Optimus Prime, unconscious at the entrance to Autobot headquarters. Megatron opened his other eye, and saw Soundwave standing on the volcano hill, holding his concussion blaster. Megatron hid his relief. Soundwave leapt down to him.

"Are you all right?"

Megatron nodded.

"...Thank you."

Soundwave seemed to smile and they left for Decepticon headquarters together.

It was a while before Optimus Prime totally regained consciousness, inwardly grateful Soundwave had intervened. He was impressed with Megatron's loyalty to his cause. It matched his own.

Would I have killed Megatron? he thought ... Where will this war lead? Will it ever end? ...

Optimus looked up into the dusky sky and watched a few clouds sail past. It was so quiet, peaceful and tranquil, so much that Optimus Prime knew that one day the Transformers would once again have a lasting peace. He didn't know when, but he was confident that it would come to pass. He smiled as he entered Autobot headquarters, the yellow-orange metal doors sliding shut behind him.

 

*

 Back to Autobot & Decepticon Fanfic Page

 

Back to Transformers Page