Disclaimers: Transformers are owned by Hasbro.

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic/fanart.

Summary: Calliber Tron's profile and story.

Author's Note: Calliber Tron created by Seawave and Equus.

Rating - PG

~~~~~~~

 

CALLIBER TRON

ALLEGIANCE: AUTOBOT

FUNCTION:  WARRIOR

"Come on, guys! Lets pardy!"

"Respect is a rare and precious gift."

Profile: No one knew exactly where Calliber Tron came from. He just showed up one day to join the fight. One of his greatest ambitions is to preserve peace and protect the innocent. He's very daring and brave. His courage is legendary. Sometimes, he's happy to wait in silence for hours. This makes him a natural choice for an ambush party. He has extremely high potential and would make an excellent squadron leader. He's very intelligent and shows ingenuity and flashes of genius on the field. Well liked and respected by his Autobot comrades. He's called Cal by his friends. Cal's very loyal. He has a serious attitude to warfare - very serious and ruthless on the battle ground -- Look out Decepticons!

He gets on very well with and cares very much about humans. He has a good sense of humour and his practical jokes always raise a laugh. Calliber Tron cares a lot about his friends, but that's under his exterior. He rarely shows his inner feelings. He'll always help a friend in need. He's very fond on the little Autobot Mindwave and feels comfortable about showing his inner feelings to him, and lets Mindwave call him "Cally" - he calls Mindwave Mindy! Calliber Tron respects Optimus Prime deeply. He gets on like a legend with Kamikaze, an ex-Decepticon, who used to be his favourite enemy!

Abilities: In unicorn mode he's armed with side arm missiles. His horn shoots an electrical charge up to 50 million volts. Has powerful optical lasers. He is capable of flight in unicorn mode. His maximum flying speed is Mach 3. Range 8000 kilometres. In robot mode, he carries a shatter-blaster. His powerful radio transmission receiver/sender in his head can also unscramble coded and foreign messages. He's heat resistant of temperatures to 8000 centigrade. He's a competent spy and virtually lethal on the battleground. Specialises in secret messages, defence guard and scouting.

Weaknesses: Calliber Tron's worst habit is not keeping track

of his ammunition levels. He doesn't like following orders, which can lead to problems. His legs and wings in unicorn are vulnerable and can be easily wounded. Sometimes he's too brash, impulsive, can be a little too ruthless at times. His occasional stallion instincts can leave him vulnerable to attack.

-- TECH SPECS --

STRENGTH -- 8       INTELLIGENCE -- 7

SPEED -- 6 RANK -- 7

ENDURANCE -- 10 COURAGE -- 10

FIREPOWER -- 7 SKILL -- 7

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

CALLIBER TRON

 

Calliber Tron sat sitting the main control room, bored as ever. Beachcomber entered looking rather upset.

"Hey, dude, what's happenin'?"

"Nothing ..." replied Beachcomber quietly.

"Hey ... What's up?"

"Nothing."

"C'mon, y' can tell me ..."

"I just wish the innocent wouldn't always have to suffer, like that poor deer that was shot last week in the battle..."

"Yeah, me too, but cheer up, we're Autobots and we can do something about it."

Beachcomber smiled. "I hope so."

Calliber Tron smiled back.

Unlike Beachcomber, Calliber Tron loved the thrill of battle was in the mood for a battle and was quite ecstatic when the Decepticons staged a surprise attack. "All-Right!!"

He eagerly ran outside and began to blast the attacking Decepticons. He resumed his unicorn mode released a bolt of electricity from his horn, hitting Skywarp in his stomach. The Decepticon crashed onto the ground in a great deal of pain. Calliber Tron didn't notice.

Skywarp lay on the ground until the pain began to subside. He glared at Calliber Tron with pure rage and blasted, but missed. The Autobot spun around and readied his shatter-blaster and walked to him. Skywarp was still hurt and lying on the ground. Nervous, the Decepticon looked at Calliber Tron, who pointed his shatter-blaster at him. "No ... don't ..."

It was a known fact that Calliber Tron, could be quite ruthless. He pulled the trigger and shot Skywarp in his throat. The Decepticon screamed in pain, clutching his neck. Blood poured down out of it, over his hands, chest and the ground. The Seeker gasped with pain. Calliber Tron saw the blood - He hadn't meant to inflict this much pain. He knelt down beside the Decepticon. Skywarp tried to beg Calliber Tron not to hurt him. Blood spurted out of his throat and mouth. Cal felt angry with himself. He gently took Skywarp who was now unconscious, into Autobot headquarters and took him to Ratchet.

"Ratchet, can you repair this dude? I mean I know he's a 'Con', but he's in bad pain and it's my fault. I lost it out there. Do you mind repairing him?"

"I will, Calliber Tron. I took the Hippocratic Oath as a Doctor... But I do feel a little strange repairing a Decepticon..." Ratchet began to repair Skywarp.

When Skywarp regained consciousness, fully functional. He looked around, confused.

"I'm sorry," Calliber Tron said. ". We may be enemies, but what I did out there was wrong.

"I guess I should thank you ..." Skywarp said, "you didn't have to repair me."

"Yes," Calliber Tron said. "We did."

            * * *

Optimus Prime approached Calliber Tron after the battle.

"I saw what you did today, Calliber Tron and I have to say, I was not impressed."

The youngest Autobot turned around. He knew this was coming.

"Wha about? Repairing Skywarp or blasting the living lubricant out of him."

"The former," Prime replied. "They may be our enemies, but if we employ such tactics, it makes us no better than them. I'm aware you had him repaired, but this situation could have been avoided if you exercised a little more control."

"Yes, Prime, I know and I'm sorry."

"And if I am not mistaken," Optimus continued, "I expressly ordered the Autobots to hold fire until fired upon. You fired the first shot. Why did you disobey my order?"

"Why did you give it?"

Optimus Prime understood that Calliber Tron was going to be a handful and calmly answered his question. " And waiting until your enemy moves first is a wise battle tactic. Though violence begets more violence. We Autobots fight because we have no choice."

"I am sorry I disobeyed you, Prime. I have taken orders in the past from so called high and mighty leaders, giving orders for the sake of it, too absorbed in their own egos."

"I understand," Prime said, "and it is unfortunate that many who call themselves leaders behave in such a fashion."

"I am sorry, Prime." Calliber tron said. "I had to make sure, otherwise I would have left, but I can see now that you're nothing like them. Unlike them, you *are* a leader."

Optimus smiled. "Thank you, Calliber Tron."

            * * *

Two Autobots argued about their orders.

"Why does he always give us the boring things to do?"

"Yeah. I'm not doin' surveillance again. It's the pits."

"Just do it and get it over with" Calliber Tron said, coning to them.

"No way! I don't feel like surveillance today."

"DO IT!" Calliber Tron yelled.

"Hey ... Cool your transistors, Buddy... Prime wouldn't mind if we didn't go..."

"Yeah - We'll go another day - maybe."

Calliber Tron was furious. He transformed into his unicorn mode and bucked them all in their chests.

"We get your point, Cal, we're goin', we're goin'..."

"Well, MOVE IT!!!"

Cal hated disloyalty and hoped that they head learned their lesson.

            * * *

 

Calliber Tron cantered along the grass, something he loved to do. But this time his enjoyment would be short lives as he came under attack from Dead End, lurking in the bushes nearby. The Autobot fought back, but the Stunticon blasted him in his chest and stomach. Calliber Tron fell onto the ground. He despised feeling helpless, but there wasn't much he could do about it. Dead End approached him and pointed his gyro-gun at Calliber Tron's head.

"I have Megatron's orders to get all required information on you, Autobot --"

"How do I get myself into these situations?! - "How do I get myself out? Any ideas???"

Dead End almost laughed.

"I won't tell you anything, you dirty Deceptidude ..."

Dead End let loose a shot, grazing Calliber Tron's cheek.

"Yow... Too close! You know, all right. I'll tell you. What the hell. I'm an Autobot, my name is Calliber Tron, Rank 7. I transform into a robotic Unicorn ... Let's see ... What else ... Ah yes, I really don't like Decepticons..."

"Enough!"

"I haven't finished. You don't even know what my favourite movie is."

"Humour me," Dead End said, beginning to lose his patience.

"Gosh, there are so many ... But there's the one about this good guy and a bad guy is pointing a gun at his head and he throws a rock at the bad guys head and punches him."

Calliber Tron threw the rock he had found. Dead End lost Balance and the Autobot punched Dead End in his stomach and threw him onto the ground. Calliber Tron picked up his shatter-blaster. Dead End, seeing the tide turn, quickly stood and flew back to Decepticon headquarters before Calliber Tron could cause grievous bodily harm.

            * * *

In yet another battle, Calliber Tron blasted Ravage who was attacking Bumblebee. In a sudden movement, almost all the Decepticons turned their attention toward this lone Autobot

"Hey! One at a time ... One at a time ..."

The Decepticons became slightly amused, but easily managed to get the better of him.

"Line up," Calliber Tron rasped. You'll all get your autographs. Don’t push."

Calliber Tron fell onto the ground as he was blasted. He tried to stand, but the other Decepticons prevented him.

"Uh ... guys ..." Calliber Tron hoped the other Autobots could hear him, "I need some major help here! ...Guys?"

Fortunately some Autobots did hear him and managed to fight off the Decepticons.

"Hey ... thanks. I never knew I was that popular ..."

His friends laughed.

Later in the battle, Vortex grabbed Bumblebee.

"Lemme go, Decepticreep!"

"Make one more move and you're history ..." Vortex aimed his gun at Bumblebee's head.

Calliber Tron rant to Vortex in unicorn mode.

"I wouldn't if I were you ..."

Vortex turned to see the Unicorn and pointed the gun closer to Bumblebee's head. "Just try it, dude, and you'll fry - literally!"

The unicorn charged his horn at, looking very threatening indeed.

Vortex forced a smile, lowered his gun and patted Bumblebee's head. "Cute little thing isn't he? You Autobots are so ... cool..."

The Unicorn glared at Vortex. "Get outta here before I-"

"All right ... Hold your horses I'm going," and he split.

"Whoa ...That was close ... Thanks, Cal."

"That's cool, Bumble."

Calliber Tron was grateful to have saved his friend.

            * * *

Calliber Tron, being a practical joker, later, decided to play a prac on Optimus Prime. The big bot needed some amusement, he decided. He made a faux Energon cube, put a small vocal device inside it, then put the cube on the ledge. He readied his microphone and remote control device. Optimus Prime entered the Energon room and picked up the Energon cube and was about to drink it. Calliber Tron almost burst out laughing.

"Please don't eat me ..." he controlled the cube to say.

Optimus Prime jerked backwards in utter shock and surprise.

Calliber Tron used his remote to make the cube jerk free of Optimus Prime's grip and fly around the room. Optimus Prime was both confused and surprised, but he managed to catch the Energon cube.

"Please don't eat me ..." the cube 'said, in a 'frightened' voice.

Optimus looked at the it. "Uhh ... I won't eat you ... What in the universe is going on???"

Calliber Tron burst out laughing. Optimus Prime put the cube down.

"Cal!!..."

"Time for me to hoof it ..."

He started to briskly walk away. Optimus Prime saw him.

"Come here," he ordered.

The tone of Optimus Prime's voice made Calliber Tron feel uneasy.

"Come with me," ordered Optimus, sounding harsh.

Calliber Tron felt even more uneasy as he followed his leader. The elder Autobot opened a door to a room.

"Get in," he ordered, sounding cold.

Calliber Tron walked into the dark room.

"Sit down."

Optimus Prime sat on the ledge, while Calliber Tron sat down in the chair. He tried to tell Optimus it was only a joke, but Optimus abruptly cut him off and glared at him. Calliber Tron felt very uneasy. He couldn't bring himself to look at Optimus. He looked away, sensing Optimus was still glaring at him. About two minutes later, he looked at his leader who was still glaring at him. Cal looked away again, then started to get up.

"Sit down!"

"Prime ... It ..."

"Be quiet."

Optimus Prime continued to glare at Calliber Tron. Cal felt even more uneasy.

What's he gonna do to me? ... he thought, worriedly. It was only a joke ...

"Prime, I'm sorry, but...-"

"I said - be quiet!"

The next minute seemed like years to Calliber Tron. Inside, he was shivering and feeling more uneasy by the 'year.'

Optimus Prime stood up and walked to him, then gave him a gentle pat on the shoulder.

"Great joke, Cal."

Optimus smiled and walked out of the room. Calliber Tron sat with his audio wide open. He couldn't even think of anything to say and then he let out a laugh.

"Oooohhhh ... He Got me scared lubricantless ... Not a bad prac, actually ..."

Cal laughed again, and walked out of the room.

            * * *

A few days later another Autobot/Decepticon battle raged. Calliber Tron was thrilled, but Optimus Prime asked him to stay and guard Autobot headquarters in case of a Decepticons intrusion. Cal wasn't so thrilled. However, he didn't want to disobey Optimus.

"I love a good fight, Prime, please can I-"

"No, Cal, I'm sorry. Our headquarters needs guarding."

Optimus left, leaving Calliber Tron angry.

"Oh, what fun..."

He watched the battle through Teletraan I's view screen.

"This is more excitin' than doin' nothin', but I wanna be out there ... Aww ... no dirty dude Decepticons'll come in here ... I'm goin' out there."

He felt a little bad disobeying Optimus Prime.

"I hope he doesn't mind ..." he said to himself, joining in on the battle.

"Calliber Tron" said Optimus Prime, surprised. "What are you doing out here? I told you to stay inside and guard-" "C'mon, Prime, no Deceps are gonna sneak in and it's so boring..."

"Nevertheless, they could. I want you to go back inside and complete guard duty."

"But, Prime-"

"Calliber Tron, go."

"Prime, they're not gonna ..."

"They could, Calliber Tron. Go back."

Calliber Tron stayed where he was.

"Calliber Tron, go back" Optimus said, voice raised a hair.

"No, Prime, they're not gonna ..."

"Calliber Tron!!"

Calliber Tron was feeling quite angry now.

"No!" he yelled back, failing to notice the Decepticons above, behind and far in front of Optimus Prime, who all had their weapons trained on him.

All of a sudden, they all fired - All at once. Each shot a direct hit. There was an explosion. Optimus dropped his laser rifle and fell to the ground. Calliber Tron stared wide eyed. Optimus lay on the ground, blood everywhere. His metal skin had split open and his body looked terrible. Cal blasted the Decepticons, then knelt beside Optimus, hoping he was still alive. He felt absolutely terrible.

"I'm sorry, Prime ..." he said, trying to keep back tears.

Some other Autobots ran to him and helped Cal take him inside.

"Calliber Tron" said Ratchet, later, "there's nothing we can-"

"NO!!!"

Ratchet gently put his arm around him and tried to comfort him. Calliber Tron pushed it off.

"Go away ..." he sobbed, crying softly.

Ratchet left, feeling sorry for him. Calliber Tron ignored the acid wound he'd sported in the battle. He didn't even feel the painful acid that was eating away at his leg. When he stood up, he fell down again. Ratchet then saw the wound.

"Ooohh, Calliber Tron, that looks painful ..."

"It's all right, Ratchet ... Leave me alone."

"Calliber Tron, if that acid keeps eating away at you like that, it may kill you."

"I don't care."

Ratchet knew Calliber Tron was upset about Optimus Prime's - as every Autobot was. He was a wonderful leader and valued friend.

"Cal, I'm sure Optimus Prime wouldn't want you to die."

Calliber Tron, respecting his leader, allowed Ratchet to repair him, but was still very upset.

"I'm sorry, Cal," said Ratchet, " but there's nothing I can do to save Optimus."

"It's not your fault, Ratchet," he sobbed. "It's those @#%&$!* Decepticons!!!! I'll kill all of them!!!"

Ratchet left, feeling sorry for him. Calliber Tron stood up.

At that time Rumble, was spying, and Calliber Tron saw him.

"You filthy, disgusting Decepticon creep ..." he growled, blasting Rumble several times, wounding him.

Calliber Tron walked to Rumble, with blood in his eyes, snarling. Rumble was weak and couldn't stand.

"Die you worthless piece of shit--" Calliber Tron said, cold.

"No ... I didn't do anything ..." gasped Rumble, quite frightened.

Calliber Tron's compassion had evaporated. He pointed his shatter-blaster at Rumble's head and began to pull back on the trigger. There was a blast, but not at Rumble, Ratchet had blasted Calliber Tron's shatter-blaster. Calliber Tron spun around.

"Ratchet!! What the hell did you do that for?!" He demanded.

"Calliber Tron, I am shocked at you."

"The Decepticons killed Prime!"

"Yes, but Optimus Prime would not approve of you mercilessly killing helpless Decepticons less than half your size ... even though it's Rumble ..."

Calliber Tron felt as though he had been blasted in his stomach. "I'm sorry, Prime..." He failed to notice Soundwave, sneaking into Autobot headquarters. The Decepticon approached, Rumble, still wounded. Calliber Tron saw him, and aimed his gun at the blue Decepticon. Soundwave glared at him, but did not raise arms. He knelt before Rumble and picked him up gently.

"I come only for my comrade," he said.

The Autobots allowed him to leave.

Soundwave took Rumble outside.

"You are wounded," he said.

"I can't transform..." Rumble said weakly.

"I shall take you back for repairs."

Rumble nodded.

"Did you obtain the necessary data?"

Rumble shook his head. "I'm sorry, Calliber Tron..."

Soundwave nodded. "That was unfortunate."

"Yes, but what's Megatron going to-"

"Never you mind. I will accept responsibility."

"Are you sure, I-"

"Megatron and I have an understanding," Soundwave said. "And there will be other times to spy on our enemies."

Soundwave gently picked Rumble up and flew off.

"You see, Calliber Tron," Ratchet said, "as hard as it may be to believe - even Decepticons are capable of caring."

"I'm sorry ... I was so upset about Optimus ..."

Ratchet comforted him, then walked to the repair bay where Optimus Prime's mutilated body was lying. Even though it seemed futile, Ratchet tried as hard as he could to repair him. He cleaned up Optimus Prime's blood and spent hours trying to repair him. He had Optimus Prime's body looking normal, but his brain had been horrifically damaged. Ratchet, being extremely gentle, began to try to repair Optimus Prime's brain, deep down knowing he probably didn't have a snowflake's chance in hell.

"This is futile ..." said Ratchet, but I've got to do it."

Ratchet, after many, many hours, had Optimus Prime's brain back together. Whether it was functional or not was another story. He turned on the life support machine, hoping Optimus would reactivate. The lines were dead straight. Ratchet waited for a long while before slowly increasing the power up. Still nothing was happening. The Autobot CMO was getting upset and angry. He waited longer and longer. Still nothing was happening.

"You stupid blasted thing!!" he yelled angrily, kicking the life support machine as hard as he could.

There was a strange beeping noise. The life support machine lines started to go wavy ... Ratchet hoped it wasn't a glitch. He took a reading - Optimus Prime was alive ...

Ratchet breathed with relief. "Thank the Matrix..."

Optimus sat up, hand on his head. "Ohhh ... never wanna go through that ... again ..."

Ratchet smiled and blessed the day he decided to become a doctor - saving lives was a wonderful feeling.

            * * *

Calliber Tron sat in the Energon room, forlorn. "I'm sorry, Prime... It's all my fault ..."

Silently, Optimus Prime entered the room.

Calliber Tron sensed someone else was in with him.

"Go away" he sobbed.

Optimus Prime gently put his hand on Calliber Tron's cheek, which was streaming with tears, touched how much Calliber tron cared about him. The other Autobot pushed his hand off.

"Please ... Go away," he said, crying.

Optimus smiled gently and wiped some more tears away.

Calliber Tron yelled. "I told you - Go - A ... OPTIMUS!"

Prime smiled. In a rare moment, Calliber Tron threw his arms around his leader.

"Whoa ... not so tight - it still smarts..."

"Sorry," Calliber Tron said with a small smile. "...I'm ... so I'm sorry I disobeyed you ... I feel terrible ..."

"It's all right" said Optimus Prime. "I forgive you."

Cal smiled. "Thanks."

"It wasn't your fault. I'd be willing to bet my new air con unit they've been planning that for a while..."

"Yeah, the buggers ..."

"But I stress, Calliber Tron, If I give you an order, I expect it to be obeyed, no matter how boring it may sound. It's a mystery to me why you like to fight so much, but sometimes guard duty is essential."

"I know, Prime ... As for the fighting, I dunno ... It lets me know I'm doing something for the Universe."

"I understand."

"But I guess if there was another way..."

"I wish there were."

 

Calliber Tron entered into the control room with Optimus.

"Howdy do da day, dude?" he said happily to Warpath.

The red tank smiled. "Howdy do da day, dude, to you too! Zowie Wam!"

They slapped hands.

Calliber Tron would be ever grateful for the lessons he had learned. Never again would he take friendship for granted. He was beyond grateful to have Optimus back and to be with his friends.

As for the war, it would have to come to an end, someday, wouldn't it? Calliber Tron hoped so, but until then, he would fight 'till the end.

  

                                                                                    *

 

 

Unicorn mode  by Equus,

                                                                                            Robot mode & colour by Seawave

 ~~~~~~

 

Back to Seawave’s Original Character Page {Autobots}

 

Back to Autobot Page

 

Back to Transformers Page