Disclaimer: Joss Whedon owns the BuffyVerse

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic

Summary: Spike learns Buffy's deepest, darkest secret ...

Rating - G

 Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

WHAT'S IN A NAME ...

 

Spike looked over a pile of books.

"If you don't, I'll tell them," he threatened, his voice low.

Buffy glared at him. "Tell them what, Spike?"

Spike gave an evil smile. "I'm warning ya, I will. Now, I want Miss Edith Back. She was Dru's favorite."

"You broke up with her."

"Still, I want the bloody doll."

"It's going to be sent to the Watcher's Council."

"What do they want with her? They'll burn her or stick her in some freak show..."

"Now you're callin' the doll 'her' and they said Dru was crazy."

"I want *it,* Buffy, or I swear, I'll tell them."

"Tell them what, Spike? ... You know, I think you're bluffing. You don't have anything you can threaten me with."

"Ohh yes, I bloody well do."

"Then what is it? Show me your trump card ... Ha! You're bluffing."

"The doll, Buffy, or I won't only tell Giles, Xander, Cordy and Willow, I'll tell the whole goddamn school!"

"Tell them what?"

"Well there were a few things your mom told me ..."

Buffy began to look a tad nervous as Spike continued. "...Your secret crush on Winnie The Pooh ..."

Buffy shrugged. "I could live that down. I was five."

"And there's your Princess Leia fantasy..."

Buffy looked unimpressed. "Like I'm the only girl who had that... Come on, Spike, you've gotta do better than that."

Spike flashed his most evil smile, "and then there's the piece de la resistance..." He leaned forward and whispered something in her ear.

Buffy screamed and stared at Spike in horror. The Slayer grabbed her stake and charged him, chasing him around the library. Spike leapt over tables, chairs, stacks and books.

He finally tripped between a particularly tricky stack, and fell to the floor with a crash. Buffy was on top of him in no time, stake gripped in hand like there was no tomorrow.

Willow, Xander and Giles entered the library.

"Okay, Slayer, you win!" Spike yelled. "My lips are sealed..."

Buffy looked murderous.

"Please ... " Spike gave her his best puppy eyes. "I won't breathe a word, even if I never see Miss Edith again."

Buffy glared at him. "I'll get the damned doll, Spike." She pointed at him. "But if you breathe a single word, YOU'RE DUST!!!"

She leapt up, pulling Spike roughly up with her.

"What the hell is this all about?" Giles demanded.

"A little disagreement," Buffy said.

"Something about a-"

Buffy raised her stake.

"Crush on Winnie the Pooh."

"Oh!" Willow exclaimed. "I was so in love with Piglet! He was soooo cute!"

"What about poor Eeyore?" Xander demanded. "No one loves poor Eeyore. He needs a hug."

Giles glared at Buffy and Spike. "You two can clean up this mess. I just unpacked those books this afternoon."

Buffy and Spike glared at each other at they stacked the books.

Buffy lowered her voice. "Not a word, or I swear, I'll stake you."

Spike drew an imaginary zip across his lips. "Sealed," and he whispered her true name.

Buffy gripped her stake and held it threateningly.

 

Not a soul was to know her real name --

Beatrice Annie Summersville ...

 

*

 

Back to Spike Page