Disclaimers: Transformers are owned by Hasbro.

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic/fanart.

Summary: Sunstreaker is taught a lesson in humility

Rating - PG

~~~~~~~~~

BEAUTY ISN'T EVERYTHING

 

"I am simply the most beautiful thing in the Universe ..." boasted Sunstreaker to the other Autobots.

"Here he goes again ..." complained Blue Streak. "Looked in the mirror lately, eh, Sunstreaker?"

"Hah! You're just jealous, Blue Streak! If you looked as beautiful as me, you'd ..."

"Spin on it, Sunstreaker." Blue Streak walked off.

"Jealousy will get you nowhere," said Sunstreaker, "but naturally, I can see why you're so jealous."

Blue Streak turned around.

"Jealous of you?! You gotta be joking!"

"Everyone's jealous of me. I'm so beautiful - Everything about me... Look at me ... I'm immaculate."

The other Autobots walked away.

"When he goes on like this," said Sideswipe, "I'd rather listen to Megatron's `Conquest Of The Universe' speech."

Wheeljack smiled. "You're not the only one."

"What?" asked Sunstreaker.

"None of your business" snapped Sideswipe.

"I know you're jealous of me, Sideswipe," accused Sunstreaker.

"I'm not jealous of you. I'm your brother."

"Fraternal. I am more beautiful than you - in both modes."

"Sunstreaker, the humans and many others like my mode, the Lamborghini Countach better than your Lamborghini mode."

"Then they're obviously disillusioned."

"Yeah, obviously. You're a pain in the muffler."

The two brothers began to fight.

Optimus Prime came to them.

"That's enough, you two."

"He started it, Prime," accused Sunstreaker.

"Oh, sure, Mr. Universe."

"You insulted me."

"Because you were peeing me off about your stupid looks."

"Me?! Showing off?! You're clearly jealous."

"Jealous of you? HAH!!"

"You're trying to hide it now, aren't you?"

"Why you ..."

"That's enough!" snapped Optimus Prime, breaking the argument.

Sunstreaker looked at his leader. "But, Prime, I ..."

"Sunstreaker, I said - that's enough."

Sunstreaker kept quiet. Sideswipe walked off, giving his brother a dirty look. Sunstreaker walked away in the opposite direction without saying another word.

He entered his quarters.

"I don't hate any of the other Autobots," he thought to himself. "I just hate how they always are so hostile to me and they always insult me to cover up their jealousy. I feel sorry for them in a way, but I'd wish they'd just admit to me how jealous they feel. It's not my fault that I'm so beautiful and I'm extremely grateful for my beautiful body. Thank you, Primus."

A few days later, Sunstreaker had invented a new polish formula. He tested it on a piece of metal. It seemed to be working so he tested it on himself.

"Excellent results ... I look great!"

Sunstreaker walked into the main control room.

"Look at the effects of my new polish" he boasted.

everyone groaned even although Sunstreaker looked shinier than usual, but ignored him.

"Studtreaker, your shine's blindin' me!" Inferno teased.

"Haven't you heard, Sunstreaker, acid's great for the complexion," Cliffjumper said icily.

"I know you're all jealous of me ... But I can't believe you don't admire me verbally. Look, I feel sorry for all of you, because none of you are as beautiful as I am, but ..."

"Sorry for us?" asked Brawn, surprised. "We feel sorry for you, Sunstreaker - YOU'RE CRAZY!!"

"I know when I'm not wanted," sulked Sunstreaker.

"Yeah - take the hint and BOG OFF!" Cliffjumper yelled.

"You're obviously ..."

"If you say I'm jealous, I'll show you jealous!"

"But you are, Brawn."

"THAT'S IT!!"

Brawn ran towards Sunstreaker and violently pushed him onto the floor.

"Brawn, don't ..." complained Sunstreaker. "Tsk! You've spoiled my polish now!"

"I'll spoil more than your polish!"

"Break it up, you two," said Optimus Prime, coming into the main control room.

"Brawn started it, Prime," accused Sunstreaker, standing.

"Sunstreaker, if you didn't boast about yourself, no one would be hostile towards you."

"But Prime, I am beautiful ... Everyone's jealous of me."

"If we all looked like you, Sunstreaker, we wouldn't be able to tell each other apart."

"I ... I hadn't thought of that" said Sunstreaker. "But they're still all jealous of me ..."

"Jealous? HAH!!" spat Brawn.

"Quiet" shushed Optimus.

Sunstreaker left to put on more polish.

"Sorry, Prime," said Brawn "Sunstreaker really gets on your diodes at times."

"Yes, I know."

"Prime, how can we convince Sunstreaker that we're not jealous of him?"

"I know he believes we're all jealous of him," said Optimus to the other Autobots. "We have to understand the way he feels about himself."

"Yeah, Prime, we do," said Hot Rod. "He loves himself in a big way."

Optimus nodded. "I know, Hot Rod, but we have to accept that."

"We do. It's just that we wish he'd stop bragging about himself all the time. He could at least keep it quiet. He's worse than Starscream! I could just kill Sunstreaker sometimes!"

"Couldn't we all?" asked Cliffjumper. "As Sideswipe said, we'd rather listen to Megatron reciting his 'Conquest Of The Universe' speech."

"That boring, is he?" smiled Optimus.

"You better believe it!"

Optimus Prime walked to Sunstreaker's quarters.

"Your polish looks good, Sunstreaker," he said.

The yellow Autobot smiled. "That's about the first compliment I've received. Thank you."

Optimus Prime smiled and sat down. "About the other Autobots," he started.

"They all seem to hate me, Prime ... It's because they're so jealous of the way I am, I can't say I blame them, but..."

"They don't hate you, Sunstreaker, and they're not jealous of you. What they do hate, is you showing off about yourself all the time."

"I know they don't hate me. No one can."

Sunstreaker thought about what Optimus Prime had just said about the Autobots hating his showing off.

"I can understand that, Prime, but sometimes when I don't say anything when I'm near them, they seem to ignore me. It's the only way that I know they notice me, I mean I know they do anyway, but I want to see it. I know they're all jealous of me, Prime."

Optimus Prime knew it would be no further use to explain the truth to Sunstreaker. The yellow Autobot was listening, but not understanding.

"Perhaps, you'll learn someday."

"Prime, you and a few other Autobots are never hostile to me. Are you jealous of me too?"

"No offence, but we're not, none of us are. Perhaps one day you'll understand that."

Sunstreaker shrugged. Fortunately, extreme patience was one of Optimus Prime's virtues.

"Just think about what I've said to you, Sunstreaker, please."

Sunstreaker smiled. "All right, Prime," he said, putting on some more of his polish. "Do you want some?"

"No thanks, Sunstreaker, there's more to life than looking good. Things such as friendship, love and many other things."

"But, Prime, nobody would have any friends if they didn't look great."

"Yes they would, Sunstreaker. True friends love you for what you are on the inside not what you look like on the outside. Perhaps if you didn't look as good and you didn't boast about the way you looked, the Autobots would be friendlier towards you."

"I don't know about that."

Sunstreaker found what Optimus Prime had just said, hard to believe and he couldn't fathom it.

"Prime, also, please don't tell anyone else the private combination to the lock of my door."

"I promise I won't, Sunstreaker."

Optimus left his quarters.

Sunstreaker was feeling hungry. He walked to the Energon room. There was only one Energon cube left on the ledge. He picked it up and was about to drink it. Windcharger walked into the room.

"Is that the only cube left, Sunstreaker?" he asked.

"Yeah" said Sunstreaker, about to drink it.

"Sunstreaker, listen ... I'm really starving ... Can I please have that cube?"

"No. I'm hungry too."

"I haven't had anything to eat since yesterday morning. You had some this afternoon."

Sunstreaker then drank the whole Energon cube.

"Sunstreaker! You could've at least left me some of it."

"I couldn't have, Windcharger. It's bad for my complexion."

"You're so selfish!"

"You're obviously jealous of me, Windcharger."

"And you obviously care more about your looks than your friends."

Windcharger stormed out of Energon room. Sunstreaker didn't want to think about what he had just said. It bothered him.

"He'd feel the same way as me if he looked as good as I did."

The next afternoon, the Decepticons attacked. The Autobots ran outside to counterattack them. Sunstreaker was the first out. He had a tremendous ego for battles.

Unfortunately it started to rain. "Damn! My beautiful polish is washing off ..." he complained.

"Sunstreaker," said Trailbreaker, "this is an all out Decepticon attack - and here you are - whining about your damned polish!"

Sunstreaker glared at Trailbreaker, then began to fire at the Decepticons. Thundercracker fired at Sunstreaker, just missing him. Sunstreaker fell to the ground. His metal skin, very slightly damaged. Sunstreaker was absolutely furious. He immediately stood up and blasted Thundercracker several times. The Decepticon crashed onto the ground and painfully transformed into his robot mode. Sunstreaker ran over to him and kicked him as hard as he could in his stomach. Thundercracker gasped with pain. Sunstreaker blasted him twice with his electron-pulse gun. The Decepticon yelped in pain. Sunstreaker blasted him again. The Seeker was absolutely defenceless, helpless, petrified. Sunstreaker blasted him a fifth time and was about to do the same again.

"N ... no ... No ... Please don't, don't ..." pleaded, Thundercracker.

Sunstreaker carefully aimed his electron pulse gun at his head.

"Sunstreaker, put down your weapon" ordered Optimus Prime.

"But, Prime, he ..."

"NOW!!!"

Sunstreaker jumped and did as he was told.

"But, Prime, I've got Thundercracker, and look what he did to me ..."

Sunstreaker pointed to his arm, which was muddy and scratched.

"Sunstreaker, he did not cause you a great deal of pain and he did not kill you. I can't believe you regard your looks more than someone's life."

"But he's only a Decepticon."

"Sunstreaker, that's not the point. Although the Decepticons are our enemies, they are sentient beings like ourselves. They are alive and have feelings as we do."

Sunstreaker looked at the ground, feeling a little guilty, but trying not to admit it to himself. Optimus Prime knelt down to Thundercracker who was now unconscious from the pain. Gently, he placed put some acetonium on his wounds. Thundercracker regained consciousness. He was grateful, but puzzled at why the Autobots had repaired him. He stood up and flew to the other Decepticons.

"Sunstreaker," said Optimus, "in future, I want you be less ruthless."

"I ... I'll try ... sorry, Prime."

"Just don't do that again."

Sunstreaker nodded. Optimus Prime walked into Autobot headquarters. Sunstreaker saw his brother Sideswipe, was wounded, bleeding and lying in the mud and ran to him.

"Help me out of here ..." he said weakly.

Sunstreaker called Ratchet over to Sideswipe.

"Can you get him out of the mud, Ratchet?" he asked.

"Why didn't you?"

"Yuck, Ratchet ... In the mud ..."

"Sunstreaker, your brother is hurt and you care more about keeping clean ..." Ratchet shook his head in disgust.

"It's not that, Ratchet ... Sideswipe'll be all right, I just... "

"Shut up, Sunstreaker."

Sunstreaker felt angry, but kept quiet. Ratchet gently pulled Sideswipe out of the sloppy mud and carried him into Autobot headquarters. Sideswipe couldn't believe that his own brother wouldn't help him, because he didn't want to get dirty. Although, Sideswipe wanted to, he was too weak now to say anything. He fell unconscious from the pain. Ratchet carried him to the washing room and washed all the mud and blood off them both. He then turned up the temperature in the room which instantly dried them off. Sunstreaker then saw Ratchet carrying Sideswipe to the repair bay.

"How is he?" he asked.

"Come with me" ordered Ratchet.

Sunstreaker wanted to go to his quarters to put some more polish on, but he thought he'd better go with Ratchet and followed him into the repair bay. Ratchet gently lay Sideswipe down on the metal bed.

"Stay here, Sunstreaker," said Ratchet, "while I get some acetonium for him."

Sunstreaker really wanted to put some more polish on himself. He looked at his brother lying on the bed in pain. He felt sorry for him, but started to leave the repair bay.

"Don't go, Sunstreaker ... please ..." said Sideswipe, his voice shaking.

Sunstreaker turned around. He was his brother was crying.

"You'll be all right, Sideswipe ..." he said sympathetically. Sunstreaker started to leave.

"Don't go ..." said Sideswipe weakly again.

"You'll be okay ..." repeated Sunstreaker, a little angry. "I have to put more polish on. I'm losing my shine."

"Thanks, brother," said Sideswipe, weakly, offended.

Sunstreaker left.

Ratchet returned a little while later.

"Where'd Sunstreaker go?" he asked.

"I wanted him to stay with me ..." said Sideswipe weakly, "but he wanted to put some polish on because he was losing his shine."

"That figures," Ratchet said, angrily, "but I can't believe he cares more about his looks than his own brother."

Forgetting about Sunstreaker Ratchet repaired Sideswipe.

"Thanks, Doc," Sideswipe said, feeling much better.

Sideswipe walked out of the repair bay and found his brother.

"You look really beautiful ..." he said with major league sarcasm.

Sunstreaker felt angry, but chose not to say anything.

"I just wish you'd realise - Beauty isn't everything."

"On the contrary, Sideswipe - Beauty is everything."

Sideswipe ignored his brother and walked away and for the next few days, Sideswipe ignored Sunstreaker, and uttered not one word to him.

The next morning, Sunstreaker walked outside. Sideswipe spied on him. He quietly walked up to his brother and pushed him into a large pool of mud.

"Haven't you heard, Sunny? Mud's great for the complexion!" And Sideswipe laughed.

Sunstreaker was absolutely furious and leapt out of the mud. Sideswipe ran inside Autobot headquarters. Sunstreaker transformed into his Lamborghini mode and chased after Sideswipe. Sideswipe transformed and dashed into his quarters and locked the door. Sunstreaker then transformed into his robot mode and bashed on the door. Some other Autobots saw Sunstreaker. He was dripping with mud. He was so angry with Sideswipe, he hadn't realised. Mud was dripping everywhere.

"Help!! It's the creature from the Black Lagoon!" exclaimed Blue Streak.

Sunstreaker looked at himself and shrieked. He ran as fast as he could into the washing room and began to wash all the mud off himself.

"I'll kill Sideswipe when I get my hands on him..."

The other Autobots looked in the little window of the washing room. They began to tease Sunstreaker. The yellow Autobot felt humiliated, embarrassed and furious.

He turned the temperature up and let himself dry off. The Autobots teased him when he came out of the washing room.

"Who's a pretty boy then? ..." teased Slingshot.

"SHUT UP!!" yelled Sunstreaker.

Optimus Prime saw the angry look on his face.

"What's the matter?"

Angrily, Sunstreaker told him what Sideswipe had done.

"You deserved it, Sunstreaker. Your brother was in pain - He could have died. You didn't want to help Sideswipe, because you didn't want to get dirty. If Sideswipe had died, you'll only have yourself to blame."

Sunstreaker couldn't help feeling guilty.

"And, Sunstreaker, when your brother asked you to stay with him for a little while in the repair bay, why did you leave?"

Sunstreaker was silent.

"Because you wanted some to put polish on yourself. Your brother was frightened to be alone. Sunstreaker, I want to see you more caring in the future. Not so much about yourself, but about others."

Sunstreaker nodded.

"If I find out you've laid a finger on Sideswipe. "You'll answer to me."

Optimus didn't want to threaten Sunstreaker, but it seemed to be the only way.

"I won't, I promise."

Optimus trusted Sunstreaker, after all he was an Autobot. Sunstreaker walked into the Energon room. Sideswipe was in there and he jumped.

"Optimus made me promise I wouldn't get you and I'm not going to, but if you EVER do that again ..."

"Relax, Sunstreaker. It was a joke ..."

"IT WASN'T FUNNY!!!"

"Everybody else seemed to think so."

"They were laughing at me ... I was humiliated in front of everyone ... I was filthy."

"Is that all you care about, Sideswipe, your self impression and your appearance? I bet you if I died, all you'd care about is your daily polish. That polish means more to you than I do."

Sunstreaker couldn't help feeling hurt. "That's not true, Sideswipe."

"Bullshit."

Sunstreaker was silent. He thought about what his brother had said, then picked up an Energon cube from the ledge and saw a large blob of grease on it.

"Erk! What's this disgusting thing on the side of the Energon cube?"

"Your reflection" snapped Sideswipe storming out of the room.

Sunstreaker was angry, but decided to let it go. He picked up a clean Energon cube and drank it.

Later, Sunstreaker walked into the control room.

"How's your new mud complexion scheme?" asked Windcharger sarcastically.

Sunstreaker glared at him.

"It's the best you've ever looked, Sunny, really ..." teased Skyfire. "How about doing it again?"

Sunstreaker felt like attacking him, but Skyfire was much larger than him.

"Shut up, Skyfire," he snapped. "You're also jealous of me."

"Am I?"

"Yes. I know you're all jealous of me."

Skyfire turned around and pulled up Megatron's 'Conquest Of The Universe' speech on Teletraan I's screen.

"This is more interesting than listening to Sunstreaker" he said. "Let's read it."

In an offended huff, Sunstreaker stormed out. He walked into his quarters, polished himself, then went out for a drive. A young female human saw him.

"What a sexy Lamborghini ..." she said. "So beautiful and shiny..."

"Naturally ..." said Sunstreaker, transforming into his robot mode.

"You're the Autobot Sunstreaker!" she exclaimed.

Sunstreaker smiled.

"You know who I am," said Sunstreaker. "Well, doesn't everybody?"

"Is your brother Sideswipe here?" asked the lady.

"No" replied Sunstreaker. "He's at Autobot headquarters."

"Oh" said the girl, sadly. "He's soooo cute. I just love his Lamborghini Countach mode ..."

"But you like my Lamborghini mode better than my brother's, don't you?"

"Well, actually no, but ..."

"No? What do you mean no? Of course you do ... Look at my beautiful chassis ..."

Sunstreaker transformed into his Lamborghini mode for the girl. She looked at him.

"Yes, but, Sunstreaker, I still prefer your brother's mode."

"You're obviously disillusioned," said Sunstreaker, transforming into his robot mode.

"You're both cute in your robot modes" said the lady.

"I'm cuter" said Sunstreaker, putting his hand on his hip. "Naturally."

"I can't decide which one of you is the cutest," she said.

"You already have decided," said Sunstreaker. "Me."

"I like you, Sunstreaker, but ..."

"Naturally you like me - But what?"

"But, " she said angry, "I'd like you better if you weren't so up yourself."

"I know you humans are jealous of my looks."

"It'd be pretty weird if humans looked like Transformers, Sunstreaker."

Sunstreaker thought about what she said. She was right. Humans looked nothing like Transformers, but Sunstreaker `knew' the humans were also jealous. He then went for a long lonely drive.

Meanwhile, at Autobot headquarters ...

"I know! ..." said Calliber Tron suddenly, "we could play a practical joke on him."

The Autobots instantaneously agreed.

"This practical joke of yours, Calliber Tron, is it ..."

"Don't worry, Prime. It won't hurt him and it's not dangerous... Except to me when Sunstreaker finds out ..."

Optimus smiled. "All right, Cal. What exactly do you want to do?"

"Teletraan, said Calliber Tron, "can you please create ten really gross paintings, y'know, just like colours slopped everywhere - Stuff Sunstreaker would find really revolting. Use colours like that gross green ... puke yellow, murky orange - the stuff that really turns people off."

"Compliant" replied Teletraan I. "What is this in aid of?"

"We're playing a practical joke on Sunstreaker" replied Calliber Tron. "Sshhh."

Teletraan let out a little giggle and produced the large paintings.

"Now these are great!" said Calliber Tron, excitedly. "I mean they're gross, but great for what we need."

The Autobots began sticking the paintings onto large rectangular pieces of metal. On the tenth piece of metal, hung the most revolting painting.

"Now set 'em up" he said. "I can't wait ..."

"What are you gonna do, Cal?" asked Ratchet. "If you don't spill it, I'll go crazy."

"Hold that sanity, Ratchet. I don't wanna spoil it."

"I detect Sunstreaker arriving" informed Teletraan.

"Sshhh, everyone" said Calliber Tron.

Sunstreaker walked into Autobot headquarters. He was greeted by Calliber Tron.

"Ahh ... Hello, Sunstreaker ... We were just wondering when you'd come back ..."

Calliber Tron took Sunstreaker's arm.

"What ..."

"The humans are having an art exhibition and they've given us some samples and since you're such an authority on beauty, we wanted you to ... well look at it and tell us what you think ... Like ... uh ... well..."

"Of course" said Sunstreaker. "I can always see beauty if it's there. After all, I am ..."

"Sunstreaker, just look at the paintings."

Sunstreaker looked at the first one. He pulled a disgusted face. "Ohh that's ... that's revolting ..."

Sunstreaker said the same about the others.

"Where did they get off painting this crap? It's awful. People pay for these? Strange people."

"Look at the last one, Sunstreaker," said Calliber Tron.

Sunstreaker looked at it.

"How this can be called art, I just don't know. It's the worst one of all. In fact it's the most disgusting thing I've ever seen in my life."

"Sunstreaker," said Calliber Tron, "close your optics for a minute. It's supposed to be one of those paintings where a 3-D image appears after a minute. It's supposed to look the same as the painting, but a little different."

Sunstreaker closed his optical sensors. Calliber Tron took the painting off the metal and underneath was a large 3-D photograph of Sunstreaker.

"Now, Sunstreaker," said Calliber Tron, keep your optics closed and tell us what you think of the painting.

Sunstreaker pointed to it. "This is the most revolting thing I've ever seen in my life. I hate it. It makes me sick ... It's disgusting ... "

The Autobots found it hard not to laugh.

"Now, Sunstreaker," said Calliber Tron, "open your optics, turn around and tell them how revolting you think it is."

Sunstreaker turned around and looked at the other Autobots.

"It's foul ...It's... it's revolting ... I mean how they ever could hope to display this in an art gallery is absolutely beyond me. I've seen Earth children paint better than this. I mean look at it ... It's ..." Sunstreaker turned around. "Discus...ting..."

"CALLIBER TRON!!!!"

"I think I'd better hoof it, guys ..."

Calliber Tron ran away with Sunstreaker chasing after him. The Autobots were all laughing like they'd never laughed before. Calliber Tron ran outside, transformed into his unicorn mode and flew off. Sunstreaker couldn't fly. He knew there was no way he could catch Calliber Tron. He swore and stormed into the main control room in high dungeon.

The Autobots were busy taking down the paintings.

"I suppose you all thought that was funny" snapped Sunstreaker sourly.

"No - it wasn't funny," said Sideswipe "It was hilarious!!"

The Autobots all burst out laughing.

"By the way" said Sunstreaker loudly, above the laughing and pointing to the photograph of himself, "This is the most beautiful thing that I've ever seen in my life. It's ... just adorable..."

The Autobots chased him out of the control room.

later, Sunstreaker came to retrieve his favorite picture.

"I should hang this up in the control room, I mean..."

"In your quarters, Sunstreaker," ordered Optimus Prime.

"Okay."

Sunstreaker walked to his quarters with it and hung it up on the wall. Some other Autobots saw him.

"Look, guys," said Cliffjumper. "He's hung the most disgusting thing he's ever seen up in his quarters!"

Sunstreaker chased them away and locked the door.

He hated being teased and insulted by his fellow Autobots. He then lay on the ledge in his quarters.

"I know they're all jealous of me, but why do they pretend not to be? Why do they pretend to hate me? Why do they treat me like scrap metal?"

A few tears rolled down Sunstreaker's cheeks. He then made sure he dried his eyes and walked out of his quarters.

He saw some other Autobots and they began to tease him.

"I know you're all jealous of my beautiful chassis, so you can all stop treating me like scrap."

The other Autobots said nothing, but knew they were not jealous of Sunstreaker.

Not long after, all the Autobots were ready to go out on patrol.

"Hurry up, Sunstreaker," said Optimus Prime. "Are you coming or not?"

"Of course, Prime. I want everyone to see my beautiful self."

"Sunstreaker, this is not a fashion parade. Patrol is serious business. We need to see if the Decepticons are up to anything."

"Still, Prime, everyone can still admire me as I drive past."

"Sunstreaker, just transform and get out there."

Sunstreaker did as he was told. Optimus Prime transformed into his truck mode.

"Autobots, roll out."

The Autobots had been on patrol for hours and no sign of the Decepticons.

"Man, Prime, we been on patrol for hours already - and nothin'" said Jazz.

"Keep your optical sensors peeled, Jazz. They may come out of nowhere."

"The sooner the better" said Sunstreaker. "So far this patrol mission has been so boring, boring, boring - and we're patrolling a remote area so not a single human has admired or even seen me."

"Shut up, Sunstreaker." Even Optimus Prime's patience had limits.

Sunstreaker `knew' they were just jealous of him, but nevertheless, he felt offended.

Suddenly the Decepticons launched a surprise attack on the Autobots. The Autobots had prepared themselves for such an event, but they didn't know when or even if it was going to happen. They immediately counterattacked the Decepticons. Sunstreaker was badly wounded in the battle. Brawl had blasted him several times. Sunstreaker was lying on the ground in pain. He tried to grab his electron-pulse gun, but Brawl blasted his hand. Sunstreaker jerked it away and held it with his other hand. It was in pain and bleeding. Brawl blasted Sunstreaker again and again. Sunstreaker wanted to get revenge on him, but was frightened. Brawl walked over to him. Sunstreaker was still bleeding, lying helplessly on the ground.

"Well ... if it isn't `Mister Beautiful' ..." teased Brawl kicking Sunstreaker in his back - hard and laughing.

He then kicked him in his stomach as hard as he could. It really hurt Sunstreaker. He gasped with pain. Brawl then kicked him in his head.

"Don't ..." gasped Sunstreaker extremely weakly.

"Why shouldn't I?" asked Brawl sarcastically, kicking Sunstreaker again.

Sunstreaker couldn't describe the pain. "Please ..." he whispered weakly.

Brawl blasted Sunstreaker's legs. Sunstreaker couldn't move. He was in excruciating pain and was petrified. He hoped Brawl wouldn't destroy him.

How could he destroy someone as beautiful as me? he thought. I don't understand ...

"Any last requests, Sunstreaker? ..." asked Brawl, aiming his ten megawatt electron gun at close range at Sunstreaker's head.

"No ... don't ..."

Brawl pulled the trigger.

The Autobots later with difficulty, managed to fight off the Decepticons. Sunstreaker was lying helplessly behind the small hill. He then saw the Autobots leaving from the battle.

He tried to yell for help, but he couldn't, and only couched up blood. Sunstreaker tried again, but it only hurt him, and it was too late. All the Autobots had left. Sunstreaker was absolutely petrified. What was going to happen to him?

"I don't want to die ..." he said. "Ohh ... why couldn't they have seen me? ... I need help. It's because I show off all the time so them, fuss about little things ... They think nothing major is wrong with me. Why did this have to happen? ... Ohh ... look at me ... I look terrible ... dirty ... My body is wrecked... But I need someone to help me. I need my friends ... Maybe they weren't jealous of me. Maybe what they said was true. Maybe they do hate me ... Maybe they left me here on purpose, leaving me to die in pain ... I know now they were right. I wish I'd understood that then ... but now it's too late..."

Sunstreaker started to cry. He was petrified and still in excruciating pain. He couldn't move.

"Help me, someone ... anyone ...!" his mind screamed.

The Autobots arrived back at their headquarters. No one had noticed Sunstreaker was missing. Days went by. Still no one noticed.

Sunstreaker was almost dead. He had lost almost all his blood. Sand, dirt and dust particles were getting inside him. Sunstreaker was still in excruciating pain. He was too weak to scream or cry. He also was absolutely starving. He desperately needed some Energon.

"They must've noticed by now ..." he thought ... "It's been days ..."

Sunstreaker was barely alive. He then felt much weaker. He couldn't even hold his head up. He lay motionless on the ground.

The Autobots still hadn't noticed Sunstreaker was missing.

"I'm glad Sunstreaker hasn't been showing off lately" said Windcharger.

Sideswipe smiled.

"Yeah - just wait - he'll probably come out here any astrosecond, showin' off a new polish formula! Blinding us all with his immaculate shine."

Windcharger laughed.

"Look at me ... Look at me ... I'm so beautiful ..." mocked Cliffjumper, prancing around.

"Have any of you seen Sunstreaker?" asked Optimus Prime, coming to them.

"No, thank Primus. He probably broke a fingernail in the battle or probably in his quarters, looking at the reflecting walls, saying `who's the fairest of them all?' ..."

Optimus Prime couldn't help smiling and walked into Sunstreaker's quarters.

"Sunstreaker, I ..."

The place was empty.

"He might've gone out for a drive" thought Optimus.

and walked back to Sideswipe.

"He must've gone out for a drive. I need him, so I'll have to go out to look for him. I know his normal drive pattern. Can you please take charge while I'm away?"

"Sure. No problem, Prime."

"Thanks," said Optimus Prime, transforming into his truck mode, driving on Sunstreaker's normal route.

He used his scanners, but couldn't find Sunstreaker anywhere. He began to get worried.

"Where could he be ...?"

Optimus returned to Autobot headquarters.

"I couldn't find Sunstreaker anywhere," he said. "Has anyone actually seen him?"

All the Autobots thought about it. They had all thought that Sunstreaker was with them, but none of then could say they had actually seen him.

"The last time I actually remember seeing him," said Blue Streak, "was in that battle last week."

"Did anyone see Sunstreaker after the battle?" asked Optimus.

No one answered.

"Maybe he got hurt," Blue Streak said. We have to go back for him. He might be ..."

"No, Blue Streak, if we all go, we have a greater chance of being attacked by the Decepticons. We don't have the power reserves to risk such an attack. I'll go."

"No, Prime," said Sideswipe. "He's my brother I'll go."

"As you wish, Sideswipe, but be careful."

Sideswipe nodded. "Don't worry, Prime. I'll be fine."

Sideswipe transformed into his Lamborghini Countach mode and sped off. He was worried about Sunstreaker. "I hope he's all right ..." Sideswipe sped to the exact location where the battle was fought. He came to a halt and transformed into his robot mode. It was getting dark. Sideswipe looked around.

"Nothin' here" he said and began to scan the area.

"I'm getting a faint reading from behind that hill over there."

Sideswipe went to investigate. He dropped his flare gun in shock.

"SUNSTREAKER!!!!"

Sideswipe ran to his brother's mutilated body. He couldn't believe it. He didn't know what to think. He felt guilty for teasing his brother earlier that day. A tear rolled down his cheek. He picked Sunstreaker up and used his emergency rocket pack to zoom back to Autobot headquarters. Sideswipe bolted inside.

"What happened!?" exclaimed Windcharger.

"The Decepticons must've got him at that battle," replied Sideswipe between tears. "And - we didn't even notice he was missing. Ratchet!!!"

Sideswipe rushed Sunstreaker to the repair bay.

"What if he can't be repaired?" thought Sideswipe.

A few tears rolled down his cheeks. They splashed onto Sunstreaker's face, which, instead of white, was black from the ten megawatt blast from Brawl. Optimus Prime saw Sideswipe was crying. He walked to him and comforted him gently.

"I know he was a pain sometimes ..." said Sideswipe. "Sometimes, I really thought I could've killed him, but he's my brother and deep down, I'll always love him."

Optimus Prime smiled.

"I know, Sideswipe. I hope he'll be all right."

"So do I."

Sideswipe carried his brother to Ratchet in the repair bay. Ratchet dropped his laser scalpel in surprise.

"The Decepticons ..." began Sideswipe, with a few tears. "Do everything you can for him, Ratchet."

"I will, Sideswipe. I promise."

Sideswipe smiled slightly, hoping his brother would be survive.

Optimus Prime was in the main control room where all the other Autobots were.

"I see you're not insulting Sunstreaker" he said.

"Prime ..." began Skyfire, "Sunstreaker annoyed us a lot when he showed off, but no one deserves to suffer like that. We ... we feel sorry for him. We used to hate what he used to do, but he didn't deserve to die for it."

Ratchet took Sunstreaker to the wash room and gently washed all the dirt and dried blood off him. He then dried them both off and carried Sunstreaker him back to the repair bay and lay his body on the bed. Most of Sunstreaker's head had been blown apart. His brain was severely damaged.

"I'll have to repair his body before I can repair his brain."

Ratchet then looked at Sunstreaker's feet and legs. They were repairable. "Sunstreaker desperately needs a blood transfusion. I can ask Sideswipe for that."

Ratchet then began to repair the middle of Sunstreaker which was the most horrifically mutilated and damaged part of his body. Most of Sunstreaker's internal organs and circuits had been destroyed and had to be totally replaced. Ratchet took hours, but finally finished.

"That's all I can do ..." he said to himself. "Now to repair his brain ... I hope I can do it. If his brain can't be repaired, there's no hope for him ..."

Ratchet began the extremely delicate operation on Sunstreaker's brain. He had asked no one to disturb him.

Ratchet spent hours on the operation. It was a frustrating job, but Ratchet knew if he did anything wrong, he felt he would be responsible for killing Sunstreaker - if Sunstreaker was alive. Ratchet finally, finished. He then called in Sideswipe.

"Is he gonna be all right?" was the first thing Sideswipe asked, worried.

"I don't know ..." was Ratchet's truthful reply.

Sideswipe was became more worried. A tear rolled down his cheek.

"Sideswipe, I'm gonna have to give Sunstreaker a blood transfusion. I am going to need ... half of your blood otherwise there'll be no hope for him. But there's a chance you won't survive ..."

Sideswipe sat down in the chair and stick his arm out.

"Sure, Ratchet, take as much as you want."

Ratchet then began the transfusion. He injected the blood from Sideswipe's body into Sunstreaker's. Sideswipe, weak after the transfusion, fell onto the floor.

"He should be okay when his body produces more blood cells if it does that in time ..."

Ratchet lay Sideswipe on another bed. He injected some Energon into Sunstreaker's mid section.

He waited a while. Sideswipe regained consciousness, but still felt weak.

"It should be a while before he reactivates."

Ratchet took Sideswipe to his quarters.

"You'd better lie down.

A blast shook Autobot headquarters.

"It's a Decepticon attack!" exclaimed Ratchet.

"Stay here until you feel strong enough," he said to Sideswipe.

"But ..."

"But nothing. Stay here. Doctor's orders."

Sideswipe nodded and closed his eyes.

Later, Ratchet was in the main control room with Sideswipe.

"Let's go check on Sunstreaker" he said.

"Please, Primus ... let him be all right ..." prayed Sideswipe.

He walked with Ratchet into the repair bay. Sunstreaker was lying on the bed. Sunstreaker sat up with a start from his nightmare he had whilst he was resting - he was being hurt by his friends and rejected and unwanted.

"Please don't hurt me ..." he blurted out, terrified.

"It's all right, Sunstreaker," calmed Ratchet. "Thank the Matrix you're all right ..."

Sunstreaker hugged him and began to cry. Sideswipe was still weak from the blood transfusion. He slowly walked to his brother. Sunstreaker was also a little weak. He looked at him.

"Sunstreaker" said Ratchet, "you should be all right from the Sideswipe's blood transfusion. You should be ... "

"You did that for me? ..." asked Sunstreaker amazed, holding his brother's hand.

Sideswipe then gently put his hand on top of Sunstreaker's. He nodded.

"Thank you" said Sunstreaker grateful.

Sideswipe smiled, regaining his strength. Ratchet walked out of the quarters to get Sunstreaker an Energon cube. Sideswipe was about to go with him.

"Don't go, Sideswipe ... Please stay with me ..."

"All right, Sunny."

"Listen, Sideswipe ... I'm really sorry about ..."

"It's all right, I forgive you. You're my brother. I love you."

A tear rolled down Sunstreaker's face.

"You mean after all I've done, you still love me?"

"I don't wanna sound mushy, but I'll always love you."

Sunstreaker smiled. "I love you too."

Ratchet came back in with an Energon cube. He gave it to Sunstreaker. Sunstreaker drank it slowly. "Thanks, Ratchet."

Ratchet smiled. "No problem, Sunstreaker."

Sunstreaker climbed off the bed. Sideswipe was getting better, but still felt weak. He almost slipped onto the floor, but Sunstreaker caught him.

"Thanks."

Sunstreaker smiled. Together they walked outside Autobot headquarters. They transformed and went for a drive together. The stopped at a cliff and transformed into their robot modes.

"It's great to have you back, Sunstreaker" said Sideswipe. "Listen, I really thought nothing was wrong with you ... I wish I..."

"It's not your fault, Sideswipe. It's mine. If I hadn't've been so up myself, maybe this wouldn't've happened. And maybe it's better that it did. I understand now. I would have done the same for you."

"I know." Sideswipe was grateful that his brother wasn't angry with him. He stood at the edge of the cliff and slipped. Luckily Sunstreaker caught him in time. Sideswipe was relieved.

"Phew ... thanks ...!"

Sunstreaker smiled. Sideswipe then looked at his brother's arm. "Sunstreaker, what happened?"

"I grazed it when I pulled you up."

"I'm sorry, I ..."

"It's really nothing, Sideswipe. I care about you more than my arm."

Sideswipe smiled. Together they returned to Autobot headquarters. They both walked into the control room.

"SUNSTREAKER!!!" the Autobots exclaimed in unison.

They began to exchange friendly conversation, and Sunstreaker mentioned nothing about how beautiful he was.

"This is the first time they haven't been hostile to me - they're really appreciating my presence ..." thought Sunstreaker.

He couldn't describe the feeling.

"Listen, guys," he began.

"Sunstreaker, we know you're beautiful ... " said Windcharger, not wanting to get angry with him. "We're just grateful to have you back, that's all. I never thought I'd do this ..."

Windcharger hugged him. The yellow Autobot hugged him gently back.

"Listen, guys," said Sunstreaker again. "I realise now that you aren't jealous of me ... I realise now how angry I made you all and I'm sorry."

The Autobots were both surprised and grateful that Sunstreaker had finally realised this after millions of years.

"I still think I'm beautiful" said Sunstreaker, "but I don't expect you to share my opinion."

"We never thought you were ugly, Sunstreaker," said Windcharger. "It's what's inside that matters."

"I know that - now."

Sunstreaker looked at all his friends. "I'm really sorry about all the times I ..."

They all forgave him.

"Prime, I didn't believe you before. I'm sorry ..."

"That's all right - You understand now."

Sunstreaker smiled. He then hugged Optimus Prime gently. His friends were grateful for the change. Sunstreaker was equally grateful, perhaps more. He then looked at his brother and hugged him.

"Friends are more important to me than my looks" he said. "All my friends. I realise now that beauty isn't everything."

Sideswipe smiled, but then saw Sunstreaker's arm had a scratch.

"Now let's go and get your arm fixed up."

Sunstreaker smiled back. "Who cares? It's just a scratch."

 

*

 

Back to Autobot Page

 

Back to TransFormers Page