Disclaimers: Transformers are owned by Hasbro.

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic/fanart.

Summary: Breakdown falls in love ... with a female Autobot.

 Author’s Notes:  Electra is the name I give to the pastel green femme seen in post-movie episode Fight or Flee.   She’s now called “Paradron Medic.” What sort of a name is that, I ask you?! Someone had to give her a real name!  Kudos to Ragwan, in a letter published in Grim Grams, Marvel Comics UK, Issue 92, 20 Dec, 1986, who came up three wonderful names to give Female Transformers - Electra (also spelled Elektra, ancient Greek heroine), Bellona, Roman Goddess of War and Radar – another name I loved and borrowed for Megatron’s lady love in my Megatron and Radar series),  Ragwan and sister both believe, and I strongly agree, that there should be female Transformers.  Grimlock replied by saying that Arcee was in the movie.  He also stated incorrectly that she was the first female Transformer.  Obviously the dunderhead Dinobot has never seen The Search for Alpha Trion, which features not one, but six female Transformers, Elita One (formerly Ariel in War Dawn,) Firestar, Chromia and Moonracer. The other two femmes were unnamed, unfortunately - a green elf-like one and a teal blue and yellow one, who I give the names, Elfin and Suni, respectively.   It’s a crime these femmes were only ever in one episode, despite the fact they featured in some later comics.  Since G1, thankfully there have been regular femmes.  AND hopefully that doofuss of a Dinobot has seen the femme episode by now. How could he’ve missed one of the best TF episodes ever made?  Puttup!  Why oh why did they get rid of Soundwave???!!!  Why!??!!?!  And seeing they had to get a Bot letter answerer, why not Optimus?  One marvels at those stupid stubbies ... DREADWIND!  Ready the VVH!!! >;)

 Rating - PG

 

~~~~~~~~~

BREAKDOWN'S SECRET

 

Breakdown was Decepticon - a Stunticon. However, he didn't like fighting. He hated Motormaster, the Stunticon leader and Galvatron, the Decepticon leader and was afraid of them. Actually none of the Stunticons' cared much for liked Motormaster, but kept their feelings to themselves. Had Motormaster known, he really wouldn't've given a damn. He had been reprogrammed by Galvatron to be more ruthless - as if he wasn't ruthless enough already. Motormaster loved to bash and boss the Stunticons around, especially Breakdown, the weakest of the lot. He was the smallest and youngest Stunticon. The other Decepticons also pushed him around.

Breakdown had a deep gentle voice and loved to go to the rainforest. He often saw Autobots whom didn't like fighting there. He was very careful not to be seen by them, in case they saw him and thought he was up to no good. He was very good at hiding himself and was quick and agile. Breakdown wished he could break free from the war and fulfil his dream.

He had fallen in love with an Autobot called Electra. He saw often saw her in the forest. He not only loved her because she was beautiful, but because she also wanted the war to end and she was gentle and compassionate, just like he was. He wanted her to love him but didn't want to force her if she didn't want to.

Breakdown also had a special secret room far under Decepticon headquarters, which he secretly constructed. He loved to go there to have this thoughts in private and not be bashed around. He hoped no one found out about it. He felt safe in his secret place.

* * *

Breakdown sat in the forest one afternoon, wishing the war would come to an end and he tell Electra about how he felt about her and hoped she would trust and love him in return. He lay down in the fallen Autumn leaves and put himself in reserve mode.

 

Electra had finished her work at Autobot headquarters and had come to the forest to relax. It was such a beautiful place and she couldn't understand how the humans could ever have endangered them. She kicked the crisp the leaves gently and smiled. She too wished the war would end. She hated fighting, just like her brother First Aid. She had previously come from Paradron where she worked as a medic.  Ever curious, Electra walked around the forest and saw a glint of metal and curiously went to see what it was. She saw Breakdown lying in the leaves. She gasped delicately, but didn't run. She often saw him in the woods and knew he didn't like fighting like most other Decepticons. She had wanted to talk to him, but was frightened. He might hurt her, after all he was a Decepticon.

Breakdown opened his eyes. Electra became distracted by some, birds chirping and knelt down to them. Breakdown didn't see her at first. Electra's head spun around as she heard leaves rustle. Breakdown's head spun around. Electra was afraid, but she didn't want to run. Breakdown couldn't believe this was happening. He didn't know what to say. Neither did Electra. They were both kneeling down. Electra started to stand to run. Breakdown gently held her hand.

"Don't go," he urged, gently. "I won't hurt you."

He couldn't believe he actually spoke to her. He let go of her hand. Electra thought his voice was gentle, calm and beautiful. She wanted to say something, but didn't know how or what. She nodded. Breakdown wanted to tell her how much he loved her, but didn't know how - and he didn't want to sound like an idiot.

"I see you a lot here," he said, breaking the silence.

"I see you here a lot too..." Her voice was nervous.

Breakdown had never heard her speak before. He thought her voice sounded gentle, sweet and beautiful.

There was a long silence. Breakdown felt he had to say something to Electra.

"You're very beautiful," he said, hoping he didn't sound like a ditz.

Electra gently smiled. "Thanks ..."

Breakdown smiled at her. He couldn't believe how beautiful she was. Electra looked at him. Secretly, she thought he was very cute. She loved his blue eyes. They looked so gentle, understanding and serene. Electra wanted to tell Breakdown this, but she was embarrassed.

"What, Electra?" he asked, sensing she wanted to tell him something.

Electra smiled at his gentle use of her name. "I think you're cute," she said, hoping she didn't sound like a dork.

Breakdown smiled. "Thank you."

There was a silence for a short while.

"I've always wanted to meet you," Breakdown said. "I've watched you a lot."

Electra nodded. In a way she'd always wanted to meet him and now she had. She told him about it and they both began to tell each other about themselves. Electra told him about her brother.

"He's your brother!? ... I often see him here."

Electra nodded. "He's so gentle, so compassionate and concerned. He hates seeing anyone in pain. He often says to me I'm him - only as a woman!"

Breakdown and Electra smiled.

"First Aid's very protective of me. He worries about me all the time. He's too worried. I'm much younger than him and he thinks I have a tendency to get into Decepticon trouble. I don't really ... He fusses too much."

"I don't blame him."

Electra and Breakdown smiled. Electra suddenly gasped.

"What?" asked Breakdown, startled.

"...Oh no ... I forgot to tell him Aid where I was going ...

He'll be worried sick! ... Oh, Breakdown ... I have to go back to Autobot headquarters ..."

Breakdown nodded, disappointed, but respecting her concern for her brother. "I don't mind."

"Can I meet you again here?"

"Yeah sure," Breakdown said. She wants to see me again! YOW!!! "How about tomorrow?"

"That'll be fine," replied Electra. Cool! He likes me!

She transformed into her green Cadillac mode and drove to Autobot headquarters.

"Electra!" exclaimed Ultra Magnus. "Where were you? First Aid's been worried like anything ..."

"Ohh ... Where is he?"

"In the main control room, trying to locate you with Teletraan I."

"It's a wonder you don't tag me."

" Electra, where were you? I've been so worried ..."

"I was in the forest. Sorry I didn't tell you, but really, you worry far too much."

And she hugged her Brother. Although she was younger, she was slightly taller.

First Aid went with Electra to his leader, Rodimus Prime.

"It's okay, Rodimus ... She came back. She was in the forest."

"You told Rodimus? ..." Electra said, blushing with embarrassment.

"It's all right Electra. First Aid, you have got to learn to trust your sister. You are not her keeper."

"I'm sorry, Rodimus, Electra ..."

"Oh, Firsty ... don't be upset ... Come on - let's finish that game of Cyber-Monopoly we started this morning."

Rodimus Prime smiled. First Aid and Electra smiled back at him.

Rodimus was very kind, caring, gentle and compassionate, as Optimus Prime had been.

First Aid won the Cyber-Monopoly game. Electra had been winning previously, but all she could think about was Breakdown.

* * *

Breakdown walked about in Decepticon headquarters absent-mindedly and bumped smack into Shockwave, falling onto the floor. Shockwave, here fro a brief visit from Cybertron, looked down at him.

"Uh ...Sorry, Shockwave ... I ... uh ... was just thinking of something ... "

Shockwave thought this was very illogical behaviour.

"Your mind should be on where you are and what you are doing."

The larger Decepticon walked away.

Breakdown counted his losses and went to his quarters thinking of Electra. He couldn't wait to see her tomorrow.

* * *

Electra couldn't wait to see Breakdown either. Normally she was quite shy, but seemed to have bubbled up. She believed Breakdown and didn't think it was a Decepticon trick - hoped it wasn't.

 

Breakdown put himself in reserve mode, to conserve energy and

had a dream about Electra. He was dancing with her and having fun with her running, flying, swimming. He kissed her gently on her cheek. Breakdown could hear someone yelling at him.

"Breakdown!"

He slowly opened his eyes.

"What are you doing?!" exclaimed Galvatron. "Get up at once!"

Breakdown gasped. He had forgotten about Electra!

"Electr ..." he said.

"What?" snarled Galvatron.

"I must've had an electrical failure..."

Galvatron slapped him across his face. Breakdown, over the many years, had grown used to Motormaster and Galvatron brutalising him, but still it hurt.

"I'm sorry ..."

"Sorry isn't good enough ... get your electrical failure seen to immediately!"

Galvatron angrily left. Breakdown rushed to the forest to see Electra.

Electra had been waiting for hours. She felt sad. She didn't want to believe it was a Decepticon trick, but she was beginning to. A tear rolled down her cheek and splashed onto a leaf. She was very sensitive and sadly turned to leave. Breakdown saw her leaving.

"Electra! ... Electra! ..." he called, relieved that he caught her in time.

Electra turned around, tears in her eyes.

"What's the matter?" asked Breakdown, surprised and concerned.

"Oh ... I waited for so long ... I thought you weren't coming. Sorry I doubted you ..." Do I look like a doofus of what? It wasn't a trick!

"It's all right. I was having a dream about you ...I kinda slept in..."

"A dream?" Electra said, curiosity piqued. "Tell me about it..."

"It started like this ..." Breakdown told Electra about his dream. "It was a lovely dream ..."

Breakdown wanted to kiss Electra her, like in his dream.

"I ... I ... " he began.

Electra smiled. "What?"

"Oh ... Nothing ..." he smiled, shaking his head.

"What?" Electra urged, thinking she knew at least sort of what Breakdown was about to say.

Electra saw his red face become a tad redder and she smiled.

"You're shy. SO am I ... You can tell me. I'll understand..."

Breakdown swallowed. He really wanted to kiss her. Electra looked into Breakdown's blue eyes and gently kissed him. Breakdown didn't know what to say. He gently kissed her back. Electra smiled. She could feel Breakdown's lips shivering. She knew he'd never been kissed or kissed anyone before. He smiled at Electra. Breakdown took in a deep breath. "I've dreamt of this ..." he began. "I can't believe it's happening to me ..."

Electra smiled. "It is ... I've always wondered about you too..."

"Have you?" asked Breakdown smiling.

Electra nodded smiling. Breakdown wanted to tell her that he loved her, but couldn't - not yet. Electra wasn't noticing the time.

"Oh no ..."

"What is it?" asked Breakdown.

"Oh, Breakdown, I have to be getting back to Autobot headquarters. I told them I would only be a few hours. I've been ages! Time flies when I'm with you ... I don't even notice it!"

"Ditto!"

Electra smiled, then transformed and sped back to Autobot headquarters. Breakdown transformed into his silver-white Lamborghini Countach mode and sped back to Decepticon headquarters.

"Where have you been?" yelled Galvatron. "Doc Jephfath informs me that you never saw him about your electrical failure."

"Uhh ... it kind of fixed itself."

"Where were you?"

"Uh ... I ... I ... was ... spying on the Autobots in the forest..."

"What did you find out?" Galvatron demanded, impatient.

"Unfortunately nothing of importance, Sir, " replied Breakdown. "They were just talking with each other and playing."

Galvatron said, "in that case we will surprise attack the Autobots today since they're relatively relaxed and won't suspect an attack."

Breakdown didn't want to attack. He hated fighting and Electra may get hurt in the battle. He didn't even want any other Autobots to get hurt. Breakdown wanted the war to stop. He was sick of it.

Galvatron informed the other Decepticons of the attack. Breakdown wanted to radio Electra to warn the other Autobots about the attack, but if Soundwave intercepted his message ... He hoped no Autobots got hurt in the battle. The Decepticons left for the battle. Breakdown didn't want to go, but if he refused Galvatron would destroy him.

The Decepticons started blasting away at the unsuspecting Autobots. Electra let out a short yelp and darted for cover. Breakdown didn't want to be seen at the attack and hid behind a tree. The battle raged on for half an hour or so. A Decepticon blast hit Electra. Breakdown gasped and wanted to help her, but couldn't let anyone see him. He saw Rodimus Prime running to help her. Galvatron blasted him. Rodimus started to stand. Galvatron blasted him twice and was going to blast Rodimus again and again - until he was totally destroyed. Breakdown aimed his concussion cannon at his leader and shot him twice. It was the bravest thing he had ever done. He was glad that he had saved Rodimus' life and perhaps Electra's and preyed to whatever deity was above that no one else saw him do it. Rodimus recovered and Ultra Magnus helped take him inside.

The other Decepticons had retreated, except for Breakdown and Galvatron who was left lying on the ground. Electra also lay on the ground. She was out of the mainstream, so no one else had seen her - otherwise, they would have taken her inside. Soon after, Galvatron regained consciousness. He stood and saw Electra, lying on the ground. Breakdown was frightened and hoped Galvatron wouldn't harm to her. Galvatron shot her, then flew back to Decepticon headquarters. Breakdown was grateful that Galvatron hadn't chosen to shoot her more than once and made sure there was no one else about and ran to her. He couldn't repair her here, so he took her to his secret room. He bolted the door and began to repair Electra with some tools he had in his room, that he had stolen from Autobot and Decepticon headquarters.

Electra slowly regained consciousness.

"Ohh ..." she groaned. "Breakdown!"

"This is my secret room. I built it here for when I need to be alone. To hide from the other Decepticons. We're safe down here."

Electra smiled. They shared a kissed.

"I love you, Electra ..." Breakdown said calmly, in control.

Electra looked into his eyes. They were filled with love. As were hers. "I love you ..."

Breakdown smiled with his eyes more than his mouth.

"I can't get over how beautiful you are ..."

Electra's white cheeks blushed a little.

"I can't get over how cute, calm and unlike a Decepticon."

Breakdown smiled. They hugged each other. Breakdown's feelings couldn't be described in words. He truly loved Electra and she loved him in return.

"I have to go up. Galvatron'll blow a fuse! He'll want to know where I've been all this time. He's much nosier than Megatron used to be. We'll have to go my secret way. It'll be to risky to take you up. My secret way'll take much longer, but at least you'll be safe."

"But what about Galvatron? He'll get mad at you ... He'll ..."

"Electra you'll get killed going that way - we both might. ... No ... I cannot risk your life ... I love you ... We'll go this way."

Electra nodded. She smiled at Breakdown's concern for her safety. They drove down the tunnel that Breakdown had made that led into the forest.

"Farewell, Electra ... hope to see you again soon ..."

She smiled and nodded, then quickly transformed and sped off. Breakdown went back the way he came.

"Where have you been, Breakdown?!" yelled Motormaster angry. "Galvatron's been lookin' for you everywhere!"

"I was wounded in the battle. I just got back ..."

"Galvatron says I'm responsible for all the Stunticons. I don't want the responsibility for your failures!"

"Well if you'd bothered to look out for your team, perhaps this could have been averted!" It was the first time Breakdown had ever stood up to Motormaster and it felt good, but the punch in the face Motormaster gave him didn't.

The Stunticon Leader roughly took him to Galvatron. "Here he is" he barked, then left.

"Where were you?" asked Galvatron angry.

"...Uh ... I was wounded in the battle ... I've just returned."

"You idiot!" screamed Galvatron.

"You were also wounded," pointed out Breakdown.

Galvatron was silent, than quickly said, "you've failed more times than I have Breakdown... You disgust me ..."

He slapped the smaller Decepticon hard across his face. Breakdown fell onto his knees. He hated Galvatron abusing him all the time. Galvatron kicked him in his stomach and really hurt. Breakdown was sent flying. He crashed into the wall.

"You pathetic weakling!!" Galvatron yelled.

Breakdown hated him. He wasn't a weakling. It just hurt him a lot. It wasn't Breakdown's fault that he wasn't as big, strong and as ugly as Galvatron.

Galvatron left. Motormaster came into the room and saw Breakdown on the floor. He smiled evilly - he loved cruelty - especially toward Breakdown and he kicked him.

"Don't ..." said Breakdown, his voice shaking with pain.

Motormaster kicked him again. Breakdown hated him. Why did everyone have to hurt him?

"Leave me alone" he said angry and in pain.

This angered Motormaster. No subordinate spoke to him like that and got away with it. He grabbed Breakdown's neck and threw him against the wall. Breakdown coughed. He knew Motormaster wouldn't leave him until he got bored of hurting him. And Motormaster didn't bore of cruelty quickly or easily. He knew that it would cause him a lot of pain and hated it when Motormaster did this to him. He hated Motormaster - no not Motormaster. Before he was reprogrammed for Galvatron, he cared for his Stunticons and looked out for them, but now ... Breakdown felt strong enough to stand. Motormaster was coming towards him. Breakdown was less than half of Motormaster's size - one of the reasons Motormaster loved to bash him around. Another was Breakdown was easily hurt and very vulnerable. Breakdown transformed and sped under Motormaster's legs. He knew it would make his group leader furious and it would be very painful if he caught him, so Breakdown drove fast. He was more manoeuvrable that his leader in this mode. He was heading for his secret room. Motormaster transformed into his large truck mode and sped after him. Frightened, Breakdown accidentally missed the turn off to his secret room and drove down a corridor, only to discover too late that it was a dead end. Motormaster was driving down after him. His large truck mode took up the entire width of the corridor. He fired a transfixation ray at Breakdown so he couldn't transform into robot mode. The chase had used up most of Breakdown's energy. Breakdown was frightened. He reversed fast. Motormaster relentlessly drove towards him. He had slowed down somewhat to make it more excruciating for Breakdown.

"Stop ... Please ..."

Motormaster continued toward him.

Breakdown was terrified. "Please stop, Motormaster ..."

Motormaster smashed him against the wall.

"Stop ... Please ..."

Motormaster squashed Breakdown up against the wall. It was really hurting the smaller Stunticon. Motormaster was about 16 ton. Breakdown was only about three. Drag Strip, another Stunticon was walking by. He saw Motormaster hurting Breakdown.

"Motormaster ..." he sighed, "...Let 'im go ... Come on... You've had enough fun for one day."

Motormaster couldn't care less about Drag Strip's sentiments. The transfixation ray was beginning to wear off Breakdown. He was trying to get away from Motormaster. Breakdown scrambled over Motormaster's truck mode, then transformed and drove as fast as his dwindling fuel supply would allow him to go. Motormaster reversed after Breakdown. Breakdown had made it out of the corridor, and his fuel gave out. He began to crawl away. Motormaster had turned around and was coming after him

and began to drive over him. Breakdown screamed with pain. Drag Strip activated the ceiling magnets above Motormaster. Motormaster was pulled up to the ceiling.

"You'll pay for this Drag Strip!!" he yelled.

Drag Strip picked up Breakdown.

"Relax, Motormaster ... Without Breakdown we won't be able to form Menasor ... And besides you've given him enough hell for one day ..."

Drag Strip would've loved to turn off the magnets and let Motormaster crash to the ground, but he knew he would be scrapped if he did, so let him down gently. Motormaster transformed and walked off.

"Ohh ... Thanks, Drag Strip ..." breathed Breakdown.

"Aw ... It's okay ..."

If Drag Strip had to choose, his favorite Stunticon would be Breakdown. Motormaster was even more cruel and violent, now that he had been reprogrammed. Dead End couldn't see any point in anything and was always finding fault in everything, and Wildrider was totally nuts - and if he had one, would get his drivers licence permanently revoked.

Breakdown always says, "when he's driving I'd rather take a plane..."

Drag Strip didn't like to see any Stunticon in pain due to Motormaster's doing. All the Stunticons hated Motormaster and wanted to de-program him, but knew that would be fatal.

"What's the point," Dead End had said - "if we do it, Galvatron will just program him back and punish us." Although Dead End didn't fear death, he feared pain.

Drag Strip carried Breakdown to his room and repaired him. He felt sorry for him. He hated how Galvatron and Motormaster always beat him up.

Why can't those guys ever leave him alone?

Drag Strip lifted Breakdown off the bed.

"Hey, be careful okay? One day Motormaster might trash ya and I might not be around t' help."

Breakdown nodded. "Thanks. I'll ... I'll be careful - but I didn't even do anything."

"Yeah. I know the feeling."

Drag Strip always wondered where Breakdown went these days. He had hardly ever saw him around. This time he secretly followed him. Breakdown went to his secret room. Drag Strip perched on top of the roof, looking down at Breakdown through a very small hole. Breakdown pressed a button. A very small door opened. He took an Energon cube out of the opening, closed the door and drank the cube. Then he lay on the small metal bed and closed his eyes. Drag Strip looked at him and felt puzzled in a strange way, but also felt sorry for Breakdown. He thought Breakdown must've built this room all by himself - just to be alone when he needed to. Due to lack of energy, Drag Strip was feeling tired and went into reserve mode on the top of Breakdown's room.

Breakdown wanted to see Electra and radioed her on his communication device, not connected to the main. Electra picked up his message. Breakdown told her he wanted to meet her soon in the forest and she was eager to come. Breakdown switched off the communicator.

Drag Strip awoke shortly after Breakdown had left. He entered the room. He was hungry so had two Energon cubes. He opened the exit door to the room and saw a long tunnel. Drag Strip could just see Breakdown driving along it. He drove after him, at a safe distance so Breakdown wouldn't see or detect him. Breakdown came out of the tunnel into the forest. Drag Strip silently transformed. So this was where Breakdown was a lot of the time Although Drag Strip felt sorry for him, he was also angry. Decepticons weren't meant to be peaceful - they were meant to be ruthless, warlike and merciless, but Breakdown was none of those. He was just like an Autobot. Drag Strip wondered if he should report this to Motormaster or Galvatron, but he decided not to. They'd beat the cyber shit out of him.

* * *

Finally she came.

"Hi," she said. "Sorry I'm late ... I got tied up with helping Ratchet and First Aid repairing Air Raid and Fireflight."

"That's okay..." Breakdown gently kissed her.

Drag Strip could not believe it. He didn't know whether he was shocked or disgusted. In fact he thought he was both. Breakdown was having a secret affair with Autobot Femme! So this was what he was doing all the time ... Drag Strip was furious. This certainly deserved to be told to Motormaster and Galvatron, but Drag Strip's conscience restrained him. They'd annihilate him in a very painful and gruesome way. Drag Strip couldn't bring himself to do it. He looked at Electra. He thought she was pretty, but she was an Autobot - the Decepticon's mortal enemy. Breakdown and Electra kissed again, talked and had fun together.

Drag Strip wondered if he liked Breakdown anymore. Breakdown wasn't as bad as Motormaster, but at least Motormaster was loyal enough not to have secret affairs with Autobot females! Drag Strip thought Breakdown's behaviour disloyal. He also wondered why Breakdown did it. It was extremely risky. He watched Breakdown and Electra.

"I have to go now," Electra said, after a while. "I told my friends I wouldn't be long ... I love you ..."

Breakdown smiled. "I love you too ..."

Drag Strip widened his eyes. By the Decepticon Matrix! And he flew back to Decepticon headquarters. He was angry at Breakdown for being so disloyal. He's young ... maybe he couldn't resist her ..., but still it's a pretty stupid and disgusting thing to do. He felt like telling Motormaster and Galvatron, but he still liked Breakdown enough not to let him suffer that much - or die.

Breakdown later walked past Drag Strip. "Hi."

Drag Strip smiled, but said nothing.

* * *

During the next few weeks, Breakdown went to see Electra a lot.

Slowly Drag Strip got the picture of how Breakdown felt about her. How he'd always wanted to meet her. How he loved her and hated it when she got hurt in the war and how he met her - his dream had come true. All he wanted now is for the war to stop. Drag Strip didn't feel shocked or disgusted anymore. He was mostly concerned for Breakdown's safety. If other Decepticons found out about this... Drag Strip watched Breakdown and Electra many times.

One time, in his room, Drag Strip was engrossed in a book about the Indy 500. Breakdown came in. Drag Strip didn't look up from his book.

Breakdown asked, "Any news on the latest Stunticon mission? Wildrider."

"Sweet FA," Drag Strip replied, head still in his book.

Breakdown turned away. Drag Strip quickly glanced at Breakdown, then down into his book and then quickly said, "your affairs with that 'Bot Femme had better stop."

Breakdown widened his eyes both in amazement and fear and he gasped. "How ... how did you know?..." he snapped.

"I've seen you with her ... In the forest."

Breakdown swallowed and looked at Drag Strip. He might tell Motormaster - or even worse still - Galvatron! ...

"Oh please ... don't tell Motormaster ... he'll ... please, Drag Strip ... Not him ... and please not Galvatron..."

Drag Strip shook his head. "Relax. I would have told him a month ago if I wanted to."

"You've known that long?"

"Yeah. I won't tell them, okay."

"Thank you..." Breakdown breathed,

He could've kissed Drag Strip, but, restrained himself.

Motormaster was coming down the passage. He heard Breakdown say `please don't tell Motormaster ...' come from Drag Strip's room. and went to investigate. He cracked his knuckles, and half sensed that it was time to beat Breakdown up again.

"Don't tell me what?" he asked, asked slyly.

Drag Strip almost dropped his book.

"Well?" demanded Motormaster.

Drag Strip quickly said, "Uh ... he doesn't want to go on the Stunticon mission ..."

"We don't have one, idiot!" said Motormaster angrily. "Get your facts right!" And he blasted Drag Strip's book.

Drag Strip looked most put out.

"And if we did have a mission," Motormaster glared at Breakdown, " you'll come - no argument."

Breakdown nodded. "Of course, Motormaster ..."

Motormaster slapped him and left. The slap wasn't hard, as Motormaster thought it was.

"Drag Strip, are you okay?" asked Breakdown.

He nodded. "Damn him! It took me so long to find a back copy of that book. It's one I've been wanting for ages. And it was really good too. He could have at least waited until I finished it! Bastard!"

Breakdown could see that Drag Strip was almost crying. He thought it was silly over a book, but Drag Strip lived for motor racing, particularly formula one and that book must've meant a lot to him.

Drag Strip tried unsuccessfully to hide his feelings and swore more obscenities.

"It's okay to cry, Drag Strip," comforted Breakdown. "We all have to now and then. It's okay - really. You'll get another copy of that book. I'll get it if I see it."

"Thanks." Drag Strip smiled, glad to have a friend like Breakdown.

Breakdown smiled back at him.

It was getting late. In the morning Breakdown planned to radio Electra and tell her that it would be very risky for them if they saw each other anymore.

"I understand ..." Electra said, sadness in her voice.

Breakdown could hear in her voice that she was crying.

"Please don't cry ... it's for the best for both of us ..."

"I know but ... Oh ...I love you ..."

"I love you ... too " said Breakdown into his communicator.

At that moment Galvatron burst in the door.

"You love who?" he asked sarcastically.

Breakdown gasped, shocked, stunned and terrified in the same moment.

"Oh ... what a terrible nightmare!" he blurted out, switching off his communicator. "That's the last time I drink saturated energy before I go into reserve mode..."

"I don't know why I put up with you..." Galvatron snarled, turning on his heel and leaving.

Breakdown was quite relieved.

Meanwhile, Galvatron had decided to capture Electra - she would be the easiest Autobot to capture. He ordered Wildrider and Dead End to get her.

"With pleasure, Galvatron ..." replied Wildrider.

They flew to Autobot headquarters.

The two Stunticons spied for a while, then saw Electra walking by herself. Dead End ran down and grabbed her. He covered her mouth. Wildrider tied her arms behind her back. Electra was frightened. They flew with her back to Decepticon headquarters and took her to Galvatron.

"Good work!"

He looked at Electra and could immediately see that she was shy and frightened. Perfect ... He ordered them to lock her in a prison cell. They did so. It was a frightening experience for her. She hoped they wouldn't force her to tell any Autobot secrets or hurt or destroy her.

A few hours later Breakdown was walking past the prison cells and saw Electra! He gasped and went in. Electra explained what had happened.

"We gotta get y' outta here ... We'll go my secret way."

"But isn't that dangerous?"

"Yes, but I have to. I love you. If anyone asks me what I'm doing I'll say I'm taking you into the other prison cells."

"Okay" smiled Electra.

Fortunately no one asked or even saw them. Breakdown took her back to Autobot headquarters his secret way.

"Electra where've y' been? First Aid's been worried sick! He feared you'd been captured by the Decepticons" said Rodimus Prime.

"This time I really had been."

Rodimus then saw Breakdown in the grass and fired at him.

"No!! Wait, Rodimus!! ..." exclaimed Electra.

"What!?!"

Electra explained everything - about her relationship with Breakdown, how he rescued her and how he felt about her. Rodimus was dubious at first, as though it was a trick, but as Electra explained, Rodimus began to believe Breakdown. Breakdown, a little scared, came out of the tall grass. He told Rodimus how he felt about Electra. The Autobot leader nodded and believed him. Breakdown was overjoyed and went, with Rodimus' permission into the forest with Electra.

Rodimus told the other Autobots about Breakdown's relationship with Electra. Some of them were dubious, not to mention First Aid, but his gentle soul didn't want to upset his sister in any way.

At Decepticon headquarters, Motormaster was trying to find out where Breakdown was. He used his scanner to try to locate him. He couldn't believe his optics at what he saw. Breakdown was kissing a female Autobot! A long one too.

"So that's what that little bugger's been up to all this time! I'm gonna get 'im but good..."

Motormaster was itching to tell Galvatron, but thought Breakdown would be very useful to him in terms of blackmail now - but first he had to break up their relationship.

Breakdown was returning from the forest to Decepticon headquarters. Motormaster flew to the forest. Electra was still there. She wanted to stay for a while longer. She gasped when she saw Motormaster.

"I don't want to hurt you," he said calmly. "I just wanted to inform you that Breakdown is only using you to extract Autobot secrets and he is telling Galvatron. One day when he's together with you he'll secretly call Galvatron to come and destroy you..."

"Why are you telling me this?"

Motormaster replied, "you're so innocent, although you're an Autobot, I don't think it's right for you to be treated like this. Breakdown lied to you."

Electra thought about what Motormaster had said about Breakdown. She didn't believe him. She knew Breakdown too well and knew he really loved her. She could tell Motormaster was lying, but didn't want the Decepticon to see that. She put on a sad look, and was frightened. Motormaster knew about their relationship. He might tell Galvatron ...

"You mean he doesn't love me?" she asked sadly.

"No. He's only using you."

As much as Motormaster wanted to shoot Electra, he couldn't because his plan wouldn't work if he did. Electra forced herself to cry. She buried her head in a pile of soft leaves.

my plans are working ... Good ... Autobots are so gullible ... Especially Femmes Now all I have to do is to get that Breakdown... "

Electra, still crying, looked at Motormaster.

"Thank you for warning me."

He smiled at her and left. Electra quickly dried her tears and radioed Breakdown and asked him to come into the forest.

Breakdown was there soon after. Motormaster was watching him.

Electra told Breakdown what Motormaster had said.

"I don't believe a word of it. It sounded so weird coming from him - even before he was reprogrammed he wasn't that nice."

"Oh f--- ... How did he find out ...?"

Breakdown hoped Motormaster wouldn't tell Galvatron.

"Thanks for trusting me."

Electra smiled. "Don't mention it."

Motormaster was absolutely furious. He flew to the forest as fast as he could and managed to get there before either Breakdown or Electra left. He blasted Breakdown. Electra shrieked. Motormaster blaster her twice. Breakdown was unconscious Motormaster was low on energy and couldn't fly back to base. He transformed and put Breakdown in the back part of his large truck mode and drove back to Decepticon headquarters.

Back at headquarters, Motormaster roughly shoved him onto a bed. Breakdown slowly regained consciousness and was confused and frightened. "Ohh ... Where ... Where am I ... ?"

"Back home - traitor!"

Breakdown looked at Motormaster, staring down at him. He swallowed and was terrified.

Motormaster smiled, satisfied. "You'll do everything I say from now on, or I'll tell Galvatron about it ..."

Breakdown gasped. "No!!!"

Motormaster smiled evilly. He grabbed Breakdown off the bed. Breakdown knew he had to let Motormaster abuse otherwise he would surely tell Galvatron about his relationship with Electra and Galvatron would kill him and if he ever got his hands on Electra... Breakdown knew it was going to be very painful for him. He hoped it would soon be over. Motormaster began bashing him and kicking him. Breakdown couldn't help crying. He was much smaller and weaker than Motormaster. Breakdown hoped that he would stop, but when Motormaster wanted to do something he wouldn't stop until he'd had enough. Unfortunately for Breakdown, abusing him was one of Motormaster's favorite things and he could scarcely get enough. Breakdown loathed Motormaster. He wanted to get away form him, but couldn't. Breakdown couldn't stop crying. Motormaster continued to bash and hurt him. Breakdown couldn't stand it anymore. He began to run away from Motormaster.

"That's it, Breakdown. I told you to do everything I wanted. I'm gonna tell Galvatron ..."

"NO!! ... exclaimed Breakdown, petrified.

Motormaster laughed evilly and walked off to find Galvatron. Breakdown was still hurt, but he ran after Motormaster.

"Please don't ..." he begged, but Motormaster walked on.

"Motormaster ... Please ... He'll kill me ... Please..."

Motormaster was ignoring him. Breakdown had to act fast Motormaster was near the main control room and Galvatron was in there.

"Motormaster ... I ... I'll do anything ... you were hurting me so much ... It was so painful ... You can do anything you want to me ... But ... Please just don't tell Galvatron ... or hurt Electra..."

Motormaster turned around. "Anything? ..."

Breakdown nervously nodded, hoping what Motormaster had in mind wasn't going to be too painful. Motormaster grabbed a shrinking gun from the ledge and shot Breakdown with it. Motormaster picked him up in his hand.

"No!"

"You said anything."

"Yes ... But ... Ohh please don't hurt me ..."

Motormaster laughed and closed his hand on Breakdown. He could feel him shivering. Breakdown was terrified. Why couldn't Motormaster just leave him alone? Breakdown loved Electra. Was it a crime to love? Maybe he should've let him tell Galvatron. Would death be preferable to this tormenting hell? Breakdown cried soundlessly. He loved Electra ... He couldn't help it. His dream had come true, but now had that dream turned into a nightmare? Motormaster's grip became tighter and tighter. Breakdown screamed with pain. Motormaster was crushing him ... Breakdown vomited on Motormaster's hand. Motormaster threw Breakdown onto the floor and wiped his hand on the wall. Motormaster transformed into his truck mode. Breakdown was petrified. He hoped Motormaster wasn't going to run over him. Motormaster drove toward him. Breakdown had nowhere to run and nowhere to hide. He was hurt and couldn't fly or run very fast. Motormaster kept slowly driving toward him. Breakdown said a silent prayer. He was on his knees crying and begging Motormaster to stop and leave him alone.

"Without me you wont be able to form Menasor ..."

"I've heard that one before" said Motormaster. "After I've crushed you I'll tell Galvatron about your affair and have him construct a more loyal Stunticon."

"I wasn't disloyal Motormaster," explained Breakdown, as he told Motormaster how he'd always wanted to meet Electra and how he felt about her and how she felt about him.

"Decepticon's aren't even supposed to have those feelings - especially for an Autobot ... and that you deserve to be killed for."

"No ... Please ..."

Motormaster drove over Breakdown. Breakdown yelped in pain. Motormaster laughed. Luckily Breakdown, was small enough to squeeze between Motormaster's tyre tread. He was in pain, but alive. He climbed up Motormaster's tyre and crawled inside him. Motormaster transformed into his robot mode. He was so thrilled about what he had done to Breakdown, he forgot to tell Galvatron.

Breakdown was worried how he was going to get out of Motormaster. He could only get out of him when he was in truck mode again. It would be extremely dangerous for him, and who would return him to his normal size if he got free? He had to find Drag Strip.

The next day Breakdown could hear Motormaster talking to himself about going on a drive to create chaos on the highway. Breakdown had his chance to escape from this maniac. Motormaster transformed into his truck mode. Cautiously, Breakdown took his chance. He hit the floor hard and hurt himself, but nevertheless he was free. Now all he had to do was find Drag Strip. He knew where Motormaster left the shrinking gun. Breakdown tried to make his way to Drag Strip's room. He was nearly accidentally stepped on by a few Decepticons, including Galvatron. He finally made it to Drag Strip's room. It took him ages to get there because he was so small. He entered and was nearly squashed by the closing door. Drag Strip was sitting on his beanbag reading another book, this time one about the Adelaide Grand Prix in Australia. Breakdown called to him. Drag Strip stood up.

Drag Strip asked, "Breakdown? Where are you?" He took a few steps forward. Breakdown yelped as Drag Strip nearly stepped on him.

"Down here."

Drag Strip looked down. "Whoa!" He picked up Breakdown. "What the hell happened?"

Breakdown told him the whole story.

"Motormaster found out!? Holy Shit!!"

"Yeah ... Can you please return me to my normal size? "

"Yeah sure."

Breakdown was relieved, but also frightened, even if Drag Strip returned him to his normal size, Motormaster wouldn't've forgotten and would probably concoct some other painful scheme - only next time he might really kill him and in a much more painful and gruesome way.

"Is there any way we could erase Motormaster's mind off this?" he asked. "And perhaps find a way to change him back to the way he was before?"

"Yeah," replied Drag Strip, "but it'll be risky. It might not work and then were really in the you know what ..."

"You don't have to say it. We'll have to try. I'm sick of being abused."

Breakdown directed Drag Strip to where Motormaster left the gun the night before. Luckily it was still there. Drag Strip reversed it and returned Breakdown to his normal size.

"Thanks."

"Don't mention it."

Drag Strip took Breakdown to be fixed up by Doc Jephfath.

"Isn't as bad as it looks, really," Jep said. "And he repaired the damage, the pain being relieved.

Drag Strip and Breakdown planned on how they would get Motormaster. They both decided to shoot him when he came in.

"We can take him to your secret room."

"How did you know?"

Drag Strip smiled. "Don't worry I won't tell anyone about it."

Breakdown smiled.

They estimated the time Motormaster would enter Decepticon headquarters.

When Motormaster returned, he was hit by two simultaneous blasts and was knocked unconscious. Drag Strip and Breakdown began to carry him to the room.

"God ... He's so heavy ..." complained Drag Strip.

Breakdown nodded. "Yeah ..."

When there, Drag Strip injected sleeping fluid into Motormaster's neck so he wouldn't awaken. He began the risky delicate operation. If he did anything wrong he might damage Motormaster's brain, or kill him ...

Suddenly the idea hit Drag Strip. "Maybe we should just kill him..."

Breakdown knew how Drag Strip felt. He felt the same way.

"We can't."

As ruthless, cruel and merciless as Motormaster was, he was still sentient and would not want to die. Drag Strip only had to cut two wires and that would kill Motormaster.

"No don't do it, Drag Strip."

"But he's so ..."

"Drag Strip ..."

"What about the times he's hurt you - us and the other Stunticons. I want him to pay for it."

Drag Strip was about to cut the two wires.

"Please don't ... Galvatron's reprogramming made him into the bastard he was. If we erase that programming - he'll be his old self again."

"Still a bastard, but a better one."

Breakdown smiled. He and Drag Strip completed the delicate operation.

Motormaster regained consciousness.

"Ohh ... what the hell happened? ..."

"Motormaster?" Breakdown asked, nervously.

The larger Transformer looked up. "Breakdown, Drag Strip... Ohh... I feel like I've just come out of a million year mega migraine."

"I know the feeling," Breakdown said. "Can you remember anything?"

"I remember everything I did to you and the other Stunticons - I commend you for taking such a risk to help me, after all that I did. I apologise."

"Accepted," Breakdown said. "You were much worse than your usual self."

Motormaster managed a small smile. "Galvatron will pay."

"Whoa ..." Drag Strip calmed. "He's not exactly the understanding type."

"I'll make him understand and if he doesn't - tough - for him."

When Motormaster had fully recovered, he blasted Galvatron in his weakest spot.

"Motormaster ... traitor - you shall-"

"Save it. You used me - abused my Stunticons and that I will not tolerate. I'm not going to bother asking you why you reprogrammed me. You need us Stunticons to fight the Autobots - and if you want us to help you It'll be on our terms. Do not cross me again, Galvatron. No - this is not a threat. It's a promise." And with that Motormaster left, leaving Galvatron with a lot to think about.

Breakdown returned to his room and radioed Electra and invited her there. First she told Rodimus Prime and First Aid that she was going to meet Breakdown.

"Be careful of the other Decepticons," warned First Aid gently.

"I will," she assured, kissing her brother goodbye.

Rodimus smiled. Electra smiled back and transformed drove down Breakdown's secret way.

Breakdown offered her an Energon cube. She said she had energised before coming here and wasn't hungry. Breakdown placed the cube in the compartment and closed the door.

Breakdown told Electra about Drag Strip, his friend and how he knew about their relationship. Breakdown called Drag Strip down. "You're not such a bad girl," Drag Strip said. "Keep him out of trouble."

"I will," she said with a smile.

"I'd better git goin'. I told Motormaster I'd accompany him on a drive - and hey - guess what? I found another copy of that Indy 500 book on ebay!"

"That's great!" Breakdown exclaimed.

"All good things succumb to those who are impatient."

Breakdown smiled as his friend left.

The only thing that worried both Breakdown and Electra, if their relationship was discovered by other Decepticons, they might not be as understanding as Drag Strip. Breakdown was very protective of Electra. She loved him very much and hoped nothing bad ever happened to him. They loved each other and would never let anything or anyone come between their love.

And since an Autobot and a Decepticon had formed a bond of love, perhaps this was the beginning of the end of the war.

 

*

 

 

Breakdown & Electra

 

 

Back to Autobot & Decepticon Fanfic Page

 

Back to Transformers Page