Disclaimers: Saint George (Lucasfilm) crated the Star Wars Universe.  Lucasfilm owned by Disney. George Lucas created the Star Wars Universe. Movies by 20th Century Fox/Disney. I make no Republic Datari {Credits}, Peggats, Truguts, Wupiupi, etc from my fanfic/fanart/fanfunnies.  Story written purely for enjoyment and the only profit I make is the happiness my writing brings.   The Force is With You Always :)

 

Summary: Qui-Gon learns something quite remarkable.

 

Rating PG

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

~ Universal Love ~

 

Qui-Gon Jinn entered his living quarters with Obi-Wan after a long and hard mission, both Jedi very tired and longing for sleep, something which had eluded them for quite some time. Qui-Gon draped his chocolate brown cloak over the sofa and sat down. Obi-Wan sensed the older Jedi’s distress.

"Master?"

Qui-Gon sighed and turned to look at his Padawan.

"We did everything we could," Obi-Wan assured him, "but we can’t expect every mission to be successful."

"I know, Obi-Wan. It wasn’t a complete disaster. Some of the Yarians were willing to talk, but-"

"Others weren’t."

"There’s so much hate and mistrust amongst the people ... I didn’t expect them to all kiss and make up there and then, but surely they can see war is tearing their world apart ... Their children are dying..."

Gently, Obi-Wan took his Master’s hand. "Master you care so much, I admit I’m disappointed too, but there’s nothing we could have done. They need to sort it out on their own."

"Obi-Wan I wasn’t so pompous as to think we could make it all better, but ..."

"You hoped we could."

Qui-Gon nodded sadly.

"Master, sometimes you care too much."

"I know."

"It’s not that I don’t care, and one day perhaps we’ll all live in peace, but right now..."

"I realise it’s a fantasy to wish everyone was at peace now and forever, Obi-Wan, but we must start somewhere."

"We can’t save the whole Universe, Master, I wish we could."

"We do what we must, Obi-Wan."

* * *

In her home of the stars, she felt his pain, his longing. She had sensed him since the day he had been born into this Universe, but it had been inappropriate to make contact, until now. She glided upon the solar winds to Coruscant. He needed her guidance and that she would give to him.

Qui-Gon couldn’t sleep. He meditated for a while, sending love and peace to the Yarians, but was unsure what good it would do them. Qui-Gon tossed and turned, got up for a drink of water and lay back down again. Finally he called upon the Force to help him sleep.

Out amongst the stars, she waited patiently for his slumber. The Galactic Goddess waved her hand slowly over Coruscant, then placed her hand under her palm, where the Jedi’s naked sleeping form appeared. Warmly she smiled and took a silent breath. She had no wish to startle him. Waking up on the hand of someone who is millions of times larger than you would prove to be quite a shock, even for a Jedi Master.

Ever so gently she blew onto him. "Don’t be afraid, Qui-Gon." She spoke softly.

The Jedi began to awake slowly. He blinked when he saw stars all around him and at first believed himself to be dreaming.

"Do not be afraid," she repeated gently.

Slowly Qui-Gon turned around, fear did not enter his mind, amazement did. He stared into the face of a galactic being, several hundred times bigger than Coruscant, her body seemingly made up of the stars themselves. He didn’t have to ask her if he was dreaming. He knew he was not.

"Do not be afraid," she assured him. "You will not be harmed, Master Qui-Gon. My energies will protect you from the elements of space." She allowed this to sink in before she introduced herself. "I have many names, though most call me Amaya, the Galactic Mother."

Qui-Gon took a breath, though not from fear.

Gently Amaya smiled. "You are truly a remarkable being."

Qui-Gon sighed sadly. "I am?"

"You did not fail in your mission Master Qui-Gon," Amaya assured. "True, the Yarians will not come to peace just yet, but you set it in motion. They are a stubborn people. Your talks deeply motivated some of them, though they would not admit that."

Qui-Gon let her words sink in. "I hope that is true ... but there’s so much more hate and destruction in the galaxy..."

Amaya nodded. "That there is, but there is more love."

"I know that," Qui-Gon said softly. "Sometimes it’s hard to see."

Amaya smiled gently as she held him on her gargantuan hand. "Sometimes the violence and destruction is necessary for spiritual growth, hard as this may be to understand. Your soul is so gentle, all you want to do is help others. I admire your innocence, young Qui-Gon."

He smiled. "Young?"

"From wehre I stand you are indeed young. My years reach well over a billion."

"You don’t look it," Qui-Gon said.

Amaya chuckled. "Thank you. I admire your sense of humour, Young Jedi." She paused before she spoke again. "Do not despair over the hatreds of the Universe,

Qui-Gon. Know that they will pass. It will take many of your lifetimes, but know that you play a pivotal role in bringing these hatreds to an end. You are a light in this Universe Qui-Gon Jinn, as are many light workers like you."

He smiled gently. "Thank you, Mother Amaya." He sighed softly. "...Though I get depressed sometimes."

"As do I, but know the hatreds serve a higher purpose in the end, as without hate, one would not know love."

Qui-Gon nodded, wiping a solitary tear away from his cheek. Amaya smiled warmly. "Listen to the Force, Qui-Gon, it will never forsake you, even in your darkest hour."

The Jedi nodded. "Thank you, Amaya. Part of me is ashamed to have to be reminded of that."

"Do not be ashamed, Qui-Gon. You are a beautiful soul and when you see others suffer, you suffer as well, as you want nothing more than to help them, even if they are your enemies."

Qui-Gon nodded slowly. "You say all the suffering will end one day?"

"It will, but it will take many like you, past, present and future to help these beings and their worlds. Never give up, Qui-Gon, the Universe needs you."

"As it needs you." Qui-Gon stood on her soft hand, her dark skin shimmering.

Amaya smiled warmly. "I don't often have the chance to speak to physical beings this way, Many would be too terrified, and I have no wish to frighten them."

"Do you have a home?" Qui-Gon asked.

"The stars are my home," she replied, her hair gently blowing in the solar winds, as if it were a beautiful rainbow nebula. "I go where I am needed."

"As do I," Qui-Gon said.

Amaya smiled, sensing his thoughts. "Not many can see me, unless they are open minded and hearted, and those who wish to. My body is not solid as yours is in this form."

"Forgive me for being curious."

Amaya chuckled. "It is quite all right, Master Qui-Gon."

Gently she waved her hand over the Jedi Master, a silver and white light emanating, and the next thing he knew, he was equal in size to Amaya. In awe, he looked around his galaxy and then back to the Galactic Mother.

"You are indeed beautiful." Gently he touched her slender face.

"As are you." Softly she stroked his long hair. "Your soul is purer than a newborn star."

He took her hand in his. "Thank you."

Warmly she smiled. "My pleasure, Master Jedi."

Qui-Gon looked over his shoulder at Coruscant.

"Don’t worry," Amaya said, "no one can see or hear you but myself."

The Jedi Master looked at the bright world, still quite in awe at his transformation.

"Hold it," Amaya said gently.

"But ..."

"Don’t worry," she said with a smile. "You are not a physical being right now, you won’t disturb the planet."

Slowly, and incredibly gently, Qui-Gon took Coruscant into his hand.

"It’s *incredible,*" he said, in awe. "So warm..."

"I take it you’ve never held a planet before," Amaya said with a smile.

Qui-Gon chuckled softly and looked at the planet he held in his hands.

"I can see the Jedi Temple ... Sweet dreams, Obi-Wan," he said softly.

Amaya smiled warmly. "He means a lot to you."

Qui-Gon nodded. "He’s more than just my apprentice, he’s like a son to me and he’s the closest friend I have."

"Your love is your light, Master Qui-Gon."

The Jedi Master smiled. Gently he released Coruscant. A moment later, the Jedi Master’s brow furrowed. He turned around, sensing a disturbance and saw what appeared to be a nearby planet threatened by an enormous comet.

"If that comet hits that world, it will be obliterated," he said, deeply concerned "Thousands of people and animals will die." He looked at Amaya. "Am I meant to save them?"

"Can you answer that?"

Very concerned, Qui-Gon looked at the planet, the comet nearing at an alarming rate. Amaya stopped time for a moment. "Veala’s fate is in your hands, Master Qui-Gon."

The Jedi Master took a deep breath. "You can’t save them?"

"I can, but this is your learning."

Qui-Gon’s brow furrowed for a moment. "Veala ... I don’t recall a world being so close to Coruscant ..."

He looked around, though Coruscant was gone.

Amaya gave an understanding smile. "Qui-Gon, we are twenty five million light years from Coruscant."

"But how ..."

"With the power of thought. You sensed these people’s distress."

"From so far away?"

"Time and distance are irrelevant."

Qui-Gon took another breath. "If I was human and back on Coruscant I doubt I’d be able to do anything for this world ... Does that mean I have to let these people die?"

"I can’t answer that."

"If they die will their souls find solitude?"

"Death is never an end, but a new beginning, but this test is yours, Qui-Gon, not mine."

Amaya restored time. The Jedi Master closed his eyes for a few moments.

"I’m here for a reason," he said. "I have been given this incredible power, this beautiful gift for a reason."

Qui-Gon reached out to the comet, using the Force to deflect it, careful its new trajectory would not be harmful.

Amaya smiled warmly. "I knew you would pass with flying colours."

"Thank you, Amaya, but if I had to let those people die, I don't know how-"

"But you were willing to accept it."

"That was the test." Qui-Gon realised.

Amaya nodded.

Qui-Gon took her hand gently. "Thank you."

"My pleasure, Master Qui-Gon."

He looked toward the planet. "They believe their Gods have saved them ... I don’t want them to think of me as a God..."

"They did not see nor hear you. They believe their faith was being tested by their Gods. You have restored these people’s hope and faith."

"In Gods that don’t exist."

"For now they need to believe that. They are simple people, Qui-Gon. Many cultures believe in Gods. Some Gods do exist, others are myth and legend. If the Vealans knew their ‘Gods’ were nothing more than statues and artifacts left behind by an ancient alien civilization, their spirits, their culture would be crushed. In time they’ll come to learn that their ‘Gods’ want them to think and do things for themselves, but for now they need to believe in them."

"Every culture is so different, Qui-Gon said, looking at the beautiful world he had saved.

Amaya took his hand. "We must return."

"Can we take a little longer this time?"

The Galactic Mother smiled. "Whatever your heart desires, Master Qui-Gon Jinn."

The duo sailed past many worlds, fantastic nebulas, wondrous clouds of coloured gas.

"It’s so beautiful," Qui-Gon said in awe.

Amaya smiled. "I never tire of it and I have been out here for billions of years."

Qui-Gon took her into his arms and embraced her. Amaya held him gently.

"You are truly a unique Spirit, Master Qui-Gon."

"As are you, Mother Amaya."

"You are hungry," she said after a while. "Forgive me, I do not require physical sustenance."

Qui-Gon smiled. "You’ve never eaten?"

"On occasion. The last time was around two hundred thousands years ago."

"That’s a quite long while."

Amaya chuckled.

In the next instant the two appeared in the midst of an asteroid field.

"Try this," Amaya said, handing him an asteroid. "It has its own atmosphere, hence the moss covering. I assure you it’s vegetarian. No animal life."

Qui-Gon chuckled, unsure of whether he could bite into a rock solid asteroid, but he did with ease, surprised at the delightful taste and cool, moist texture of the velvety moss. He swallowed slowly. "It’s delicious," he said with a smile, taking another bite.

"Best kept secret in the Universe."

"So how far away are we from Coruscant now?"

"Coruscant doesn’t exist in this Universe."

"I shouldn’t be surprised, I have always been aware of the presence of alternate Universes, but to actually travel to one in five seconds ..."

Amaya chuckled. "It is truly amazing, isn’t it?"

She bit into an asteroid and smiled. "I’d almost forgotten how nice these are."

Qui-Gon finished his asteroid and chuckled. "I just snacked on an asteroid three times the size of Tatooine..."

Amaya chuckled. "I guess it would take a bit of getting used to ... We must leave now."

Together they appeared by Coruscant.

"Here is where I leave you, Master Qui-Gon, but our paths will cross again. I will join you in the mortal world when next we meet."

"I will be waiting for you, and I will have to introduce you to chocolate."

Amaya chuckled. "I will look forward to that, though I must leave you now."

"Thank you, Mother." Gently, he embraced her.

"My pleasure," she said softly. "You have taught me as I have taught you ... Do not despair, Qui-Gon. Realise your power. Realise the power of your Love." Softly, she stroked his soft hair.

In the next instant, he was sitting on her gentle hand again.

"Thank you, Master

Qui-Gon. I am honoured to be in your presence."

"As I am in yours."

Qui-Gon appeared on his soft bed in the Jedi temple. He took a long breath, in deep thought of what he had learned, silently thanking Amaya again. And it did not take him long to fall asleep.

When Qui-Gon awoke, he felt like he had slept for years. His eyes opened slowly and he stretched leisurely, and let himself the luxury of lying in for another hour.

He stretched again when he was ready to rise.

Obi-Wan practically burst into his room. "Master! You’re awake! ... I ... I *have* to tell you about this *amazing* dream I had ... it was all about you ... how shall I explain ... Well you..."

"Let me guess, Amaya, the Galactic Mother took me into outer space and..."

"You had the same dream?"

"It wasn’t a dream, Obi-Wan."

The younger Jedi stared at his Master. "You mean you really ..."

Qui-Gon nodded and smiled. "I was going to tell you all about it, but it appears you saw it for yourself."

"It was incredible, Master."

"That it was."

"So you really saved a world twenty five million light years away?"

Qui-Gon smiled. "Yes, I did. It was more than incredible, Obi-Wan. I ..."

"Master you have saved worlds before."

"Yes, but not like that ... to have that power, I wish I could do more ..."

"But you do have that power, Master. Your Love is that power."

The younger Jedi wiped a tear from his Master’s soft cheek and embraced him.

"So you really ate an entire asteroid?"

Qui-Gon chuckled. "Most delicious asteroid I’ve ever tasted."

"Speaking of asteroids, I bet you’re hungry. You’ve been asleep for hours."

"No bet here . Let’s make breakfast."

"So what should we have, Master? Endor with a side order of Naboo?"

Qui-Gon laughed. "That would be interesting, except we’re both vegetarian."

He playfully slapped his Padawan’s stomach. Obi-Wan chuckled as they began a mad tickling spree.

A breakfast made with love, consisted of a light moss, with Alderaanian green tea, and lightly heated ginger, honey and lemon soup.

As Qui-Gon silently sipped his lightly spiced soup he slipped again into deep thought, ever grateful to the Universe and the Force for bringing Amaya to him, the lessons he learned, but most of all to learn that the power of Love would save the Universe.

 

 

*

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Back to Qui~Gon Page