Disclaimers He-Man is owned by Mattel

 

I make no monetary profit form my fanfic.

 

Summary:  Syklone falls in love

 

Rating PG

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

WINDS OF CHANGE

 

 

Syklone let loose another round, keeping Skeletor’s forces at bay.

  “This village shall pay for defying me!”

  “You shall not have the village of Arcadia, this day, Skeletor, or any other,” Syklone promised, releasing another round of cyclone power.

Skeletor laughed as he blasted the at the terrified villagers below.

  “Don’t you know it’s rude to shoot people, Skeletor?”

Syklone smiled.  He-Man had arrived.

  “Ah, He-Man, I was wondering when you’d get here.  I was getting rather bored.”

Syklone scowled.

  “It’s high time you went home, Skeletor.”

  “Home?  But I was just beginning to have fun.”

Unamused, Syklone blasted at Skeletor, but the evil warlord swerved out of the way and blasted the Master with his staff.  Syklone fell to the ground.

He-Man looked worried.  He saw one of the villagers rushing toward Syklone and turned his attention to Skeletor.

 

The villager approached Syklone.

  “My Goodness, are you all right?” Gently she knelt down to him and took his hand.

Syklone winced.  “I will be fine,” he said, unsure if he believed himself.

  “You are hurt,” she said, dabbing him with a cloth she had brought.

  “Thank you,” Syklone said, touched that someone he didn’t know at all could be so kind.

  “My name is Alandria,” she said.  “What’s yours?”

  “They call me Syklone.”

She smiled.  “Suits you very well.  Those are some powers you have.”

   “Yes, but I let my anger get the better of me and I failed.”

   “You did not fail.  You kept Skeletor and his forces at bay until He-Man arrived.  You were incredible.”

  “Thank you.”  Syklone started to stand, but Alandria wouldn’t let him.

  “I must fight, to defend your village.”

  “You are hurt, Syklone.”

  “I cannot let that stop me.”

Against Alandria’s better judgment, Syklone stood.

  “Thank you for your kindness.”

She held his hand.  “Be careful, Syklone.”

She stood on her toes and kissed his cheek. 

Syklone blinked for a second before he spoke.  “I will.”

In that moment, Skeletor blasted him three times and he fell to the ground.

  “Syklone!” Alandria screamed.

 

He-Man whacked Skeletor's blasts away with his sword.  The warlord was becoming angrier, and finally was blasted in the chest by one of his own blasts.  He screamed with rage.

  “You may have won this day, He-Man, but I shall return!”

  “And I’ll be here.”

  “Oh I’m sure you will, but before I go, one final goodbye blast.”

He-Man readied his sword.  Skeletor swerved and blasted at the helpless Syklone below.

  “No!” Alandria threw herself in front of him, taking the blast, sending her into a building, which collapsed.  He-Man’s eyes widened in horror.  Skeletor jerked for a second, he had not intended to blast the woman and hurriedly left with his cronies.

  “Alandria!” Syklone yelled and his blood ran cold.

Although still somewhat weak, he ran to her, using his cyclone powers to free her.  She lay on the ground bleeding, her body broken in parts.  Syklone knelt down to her.

  “Alandria…”

Gently he took her small hand into his.  Weakly she opened her eyes.

  “You …didn’t … fail Syklone…”

  “Yes, I did.  All my powers and I couldn’t save you.”

She smiled weakly.  “My village … is safe …”

  “But you are not.  Skeletor will pay.”

  “Do not … give into … revenge … please Syklone…”

The Master nodded.  “Forgive me …”

He-Man landed with Battlecat and rushed to Syklone and the wounded villager.

  “He-Man is there anything you can do?  Please…”

The big man sighed, seeing the desperation in Syklone’s eyes.

  “No, but I know someone who might be able to help.  Let me take her to Castle Greyskull.  There isn’t much time.”

  “Let me take her, it’ll be faster,” Stratos said.

Syklone nodded.  “Be careful with her…” Gently he kissed her forehead.  “You will be all right,” he said, again not sure of his own words.

 

 

  “Her wounds run deep,” the Sorceress said, watching over Alandria’s unconscious form.  “I am not sure I can save her, but I will do everything I can.”

  “Thank you, Sorceress,” Man-at-Arms said.  “That’s all we can ask.”

 

Syklone sat at the table, absent-mindedly playing with a screw.

  “We’re doing everything we can for Alandria,” He-Man promised.

  “I know, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart,” Syklone said, then shook his head.  “I … I just met her yesterday and she was so kind to someone she didn’t know at all.”

  “Some people are like that.  I wish there were more of them.”

  “As do I … I hadn’t realised until it happened that … that …”

  “Go on…”

  “That I love her … I know it is very sudden, but…”

He-Man smiled.  “Sometimes love’s like that.”

Syklone looked depressed again.  “But I don’t know if she feels the same … Many villagers stick to their own and…”

  “Let’s worry about that when she wakes up, which hopefully should be soon.”

Syklone nodded.

  “And get something to eat.  You look famished.”

  “I do not feel like eating at a time like this.”

  “Nevertheless,” Man-at-Arms said, coming to them, “you need to eat and I’m sure Alandria wouldn’t want you to starve yourself.”

  “All right,” Syklone gave in, heading for the dining area.

He saw Ram Man tucking into a large leg of a tura beast.

  “Would you like one?” he asked the relatively new Master.

  “No thank you, Ram Man, I do not eat the flesh of creatures.”

  “Oh.”

  “No offence though, you look like you’re enjoying it.”

Syklone sat down and began to eat a plate of Eternian vegetables, surprised at how hungry and thirsty he was.

  “Is that all you’re havin’? Ram Man asked.

Syklone smiled at his big friend.  “I never eat much.”

  “You can say that again.  There’s poora poora berry pie for desert.”

  “No thank you.”

  “Come on, I’ve heard it’s your favourite.”

Syklone smiled again.  “So my secret’s out … All right…  I used to eat these berries when I was sentinel guarding the Legacy Stones.”

He had one helping of berry pie, but his thoughts were nay on the delicious berries, but on Alandria.

 

Syklone barely slept that night and when he did finally find rest, he dreamed of her.  Her small slender body, her long brown hair.  Her warm smile and he awoke with tears in his eyes. He wiped them away hard.

 

 

The Sorceress sighed with relief.

  “She’s going to be all right,” she said.

Man-at-Arms and Adam shared her relief. 

Orko did loop-de-loops in the air.  “Whooooeeeeee!!!!!”

The Sorceress smiled.

 

 

Syklone breathed a sigh of relief at the news.  “Thank the ancient Gods of Eternia.”

  “She’s still quite weak,” Man-at-Arms said, “she’ll need time to recover her strength.”

Syklone nodded.  “And I shall take care of her.”

  “Glad to hear it,” Alandria said, walking toward them slowly.  She lost her balance and fell. Syklone rushed toward her and caught her.

  “Thank you…”

  “Take it easy,” he said with a smile, helping her to the table.”

Together they ate a vegetarian breakfast and Syklone fussed over her for the rest of the day.

 

Alandria laughed.  “Not even my own mother fussed over me so.”

Syklone smiled.  “Glad to help, My Lady.”

Alandria sighed.  “Thank you, Syklone for saving me.”

  “But I did nothing.”

  “You blasted the building before it crushed me completely.”

  “You would have given your life for me.”

Alandria smiled warmly.  “You are a Master.  Without the Masters, we would have no chance against Skeletor.  We can’t afford to lose any of  you ... And I …” She took his hand, then looked into his eyes.

Softly, she kissed him.

  “Forgive me…” she said, turning away.  “It is a foolish village girl’s hope to…”

Gently Syklone turned her pale face back toward him and returned the kiss.

  “I thought I was foolish to hope.”

Her face brightened, as did Syklone’s as they held each other.

 

 

Man-at-Arms smiled as he saw Syklone showing Alandria around the palace, love all around them.

  “Ahh to be in love …” he said.

Syklone and Alandria smiled.

 

  “Are you sure you want to leave your home?” he asked.

  “I have thought long and hard about it and my answer is yes.  I’ve lived so long there, but in truth I would rather be with you.”

  “If you are absolutely sure.”

She nodded.

Syklone lifted her into his arms and swung her around, then held her.  Alandria laughed.  “If only we’d met each other sooner.”

  “In a way I miss the Legacy Stones, as they were very special and unique, but if they hadn’t been destroyed, I would never have met my new friends and I never would have met you.”

Alandria stood on her toes and kissed Syklone’s blue cheek and placed her arms around him.

 

The mood in the palace brightened with the couple’s love and they were not afraid to show their feelings for one and other. 

 

Syklone picked some flowers from the palace garden and gave them to his love.

  “Ohh … I’ve never received flowers before.”

  “Pleased to be the first, My Lady,” Syklone said.

Ram Man wiped tears form his eyes.

  “I hope I find someone special.”

  “You will if you want to,” Man-at-Arms said.

  “You really think so?”

  “I know so.”

Ram Man smiled.

 

The other Masters were also touched by Syklone’s love for Alandria, but however deep that love went, he didn’t let it interfere with his duty as a Master.  Alandria would worry about him when he went to battle Skeletor and his evil forces, and be relieved when he came back home safely.

 

She walked around the Palace one day when Syklone was off with He-Man fighting the forces of darkness.

Queen Marlena came to her.

  “I feel the same when my husband or Adam go into battle.  I always worry about them.”

Alandria sighed.  “I wish I could do something, Your Highness … I don’t have super powers like Syklone and the Masters, I’m not Agile like Teela …”

  “But you have your own talents, My Dear, you can cook.”

Alandria laughed.  “I taught myself how.  I wans’t going to become bonded … But then I met Syklone …”

Marlena laughed warmly.  “I felt the same way until I met Randor that is.”

Alandria smiled.  “You make a lovely couple, Your Highness.”

  “And you must be very special, as Syklone would not give his love idly.”

  “I know,”  Alandria said.  “Thank you, Your Highness.”

  “My pleasure.”

 

Alandria was heartened when Syklone and the Masters came back unharmed, after having saved another village from Skeletor and his evil forces.

 

That night, Syklone removed his armour.  Alandria came to him.

  “I was beginning to think that you were born with that armour.”

Syklone smiled.  “Feels like it sometimes.”

He took off his helmet and let his shoulder length wavy milky blue hair fall loose.  Alandria smiled and kissed him.  Syklone put down his helmet and kissed her back.  She began to weave her hands in and out of his soft hair.  Syklone sighed and held her in his gentle arms.

 

The next morning, He-Man came to find Syklone and found him in bed with his love, just waking after a long night's sleep and he smiled, deciding to leave them be.

 

*   *   *

 

Alandria became ill one morn and Syklone worried about her so.  All through the day she vomited and the Palace Healers could not tell what was wrong.  For days and days this went on. In desperation, Syklone approached the Sorceress in Castle Greyskull.  "Forgive the intrusion, Sorceress."

  "You never intrude, Dear Syklone and you need not worry about Alandria."

  "She will recover?"

  "She is not ill so to speak."

  "But she …"

The Sorceress smiled.  "You are going to be a father."

Syklone stood dumbfounded.  "A … father … I … I …"

  "Congratulations."

  "Uhh … Thank … you … I …" Then he smiled. "A father!  I do not believe it!"

  "Believe it, Dear Syklone."

 

  "With child?" Alandria said.  "Ohh by the ancient Gods this is wonderful!"

She embraced her beloved with joy.

 

  "This is indeed happy news," King Randor said.  "We shall celebrate."

And the celebrations progressed well into the night and the following dawn.

 

*   *   *

 

Syklone fussed over his beloved like no one would believe the next few months.  Alandria smiled.

  "What have I done to deserve such a love?"

  "Nought but be yourself," Syklone replied with a smile and a gentle kiss.

 

*   *   *

 

The babe was born that Spring to the hapy couple.

  "She is so beautiful," Syklone said, holding his blue faced daughter, then placing her in her mother's arms.

Alandria cried tears of joy.

 

  "Congratulations," He Man said.  "Sorry I couldn't be here sooner."

  "I understand Skeletor attacked another village," Syklone said.  "I should have been there with you."

  "You should have been with your beloved and child, which you were," He-Man said.  "So what are you going to call her?"

  "Well seeing her tear up one of Her Majesty's flowerbeds in an instant, we decided on Hurricane."

 

 

*

 

Back to She~Ra - He~Man Page