Disclaimers: Transformers are owned by Hasbro.

I make no monetary profit from my fanfic/fanart.

Summary: Vitrton's profile and story.

Author's Note: Virtron created by Seawave and Equus.

Rating - PG

~~~~~~~~~

VIRTRON

ALLEGIANCE: AUTOBOT

FUNCTION:  WARRIOR

"I am no longer imprisoned. My life is my own."

"Think, think, think, think, think darn you!"

Profile: Virtron isn't very emotional and doesn't talk much. He's what some would call a quiet achiever. He can be very unpredictable. He's quite ruthless with Decepticons at times and can be quite violent. He's extremely loyal - always there for his friends if they need him, but he doesn't make that too obvious. Virtron respects humans and cares about them a lot. He is sometimes inspired by the way humans go about and do things. Virtron often pushes himself beyond his endurance, sometimes for other's approval or for his own expectations. He is reckless - Like Luke Skywalker before he became a Jedi Knight. He lives for the moment - The future hasn't happened yet. He is also suspicious of anything he doesn't know, recognise or understand. When he wants to be, he's as stubborn as a car with a flat battery on a Winter's morning. He always looks before he leaps. He's a good fighter and is quick in battle. He can take pain, but doesn't enjoy it. "Grin and bear it" as he always says. Occasionally Virtron also has a tendency to go berserk, due to a traumatic experience in his past, described below. When this happens, he trashes everything in sight, without realising what he is doing. When berserk, Virtron is virtually uncontrollable. It can also leave him vulnerable to attack in a battle. He's aware of his berserking habits and tries to stop, but sometimes he can't control himself. Virtron was uneasy of Optimus Prime and feared him a little. Optimus realised this and assured him that there is nothing to fear and Virtron has come to appreciate his leader. Optimus hopes in time, he will respect others for what they are, not how he would like them to be.

The reason for Virtron's lack of emotion and berserking is a period in his past. His group had fled Cybertron when the war began and influenced him to join them so he did - reluctantly. Virtron later left the group and returned to Cybertron. He was shocked at the devastation. He was found by some Autobots on patrol, taken to their underground HQ and greeted by Elita One, their leader. She told him that the Autobots left Cybertron. Virtron left again and spent many years searching in vain. Years later he learned of an Autobot prison, harbouring Decepticon criminals who needed an assistant prison warden! Eagerly, he plotted a course, hoping the information was accurate. He arrived at the prison planetoid and introduced himself to the large head warden, Yrag. Yrag was the only warden there. Unbeknownst to Virtron Yrag was a Decepticon in disguise. He had killed the Autobot warden and taken his place. There were 10 Decepticons prisoners who'd previously betrayed Yrag and when the time was right he would take his revenge, but he needed another to keep them in line and to do all the hard, boring work. Due to his rather eccentric nature Yrag always wore a thick black hooded cape. He gave Virtron the creeps, but he was grateful to be here and did everything Yrag asked of him. Yrag gave Virtron all the laboursome, tiring and boring tasks. The prisoners all ridiculed Virtron for his awkward, small body and Virtron became very depressed. He worked his hardest at the prison for many years, enduring the hard, rewardless, degrading work. No one seemed to appreciate him. He felt as if he were a prisoner here. In a space of a few years, Optimus Prime made two visits to the prison, each time Yrag conveniently invented work for Virtron to do, which took up Optimus' visits and it was many years before he would return again. Virtron was very upset. Optimus had always been his idol, but didn't let Yrag see his disappointment. Virtron was wary, and scared of him. He continued his dull, soul-destroying prison labour. He expressed a desire to leave, which outraged Yrag and was told that if he ever left he'd never be welcome in with the Autobots again, so Virtron stayed, wishing he'd never come here. He continued the labour he'd come to loathe. He even considered letting all the prisoners go to free himself. On Optimus Prime's third visit, Virtron was going to meet him, no matter what. Every- time Optimus came, Yrag gave him work to do, and Virtron became suss. While Optimus was walking around, Virtron almost ran into him with excitement and fear of being caught by Yrag. Optimus was very surprised to see another Autobot here. Virtron was too hasty and began blurting, then caught his breath and slowed down. He told Optimus how much he admired him and practically begged him to take him away. Optimus, shocked at Virtron's treatment became suspicious himself. Later, when Virtron was alone in his quarters, Yrag entered expressed anger being disobeyed. Virtron explained how much he wanted to meet Optimus, hoping Yrag would understand. Yrag swore at him and to Virtron's horror, Yrag pulled out a gun. There was a blast. Virtron was relieved that Yrag had been blasted by Optimus and his plot discovered. Optimus and Virtron took Yrag's shuttle, as he'd sabotaged Optimus.' Yrag had set the self destruct mechanism on the planetoid and since he could not escape was killed with the other prisoners. Optimus took Virtron to Earth. "I am truly sorry you had to endure that, Virtron. You'll always be welcome here." Virtron thanked Optimus and told him it wasn't his fault. He's glad Yrag was killed when the prison planetoid self-destructed. "If he wasn't, I'd kill the bugger myself." To this day Virtron remains with the Autobots on Earth. He has built up strength from his experience and will never let anyone play him for a fool again or get the better of him. The Autobots are very supportive and caring toward him. It may it may take Virtron a long time to put his past behind him and learn to trust others. Virtron gives them his best. He believed being with the Autobots is a good thing. "At least they don't give me all the crappy work to do!" Virtron is slowly building up his confidence and is trying to look on the bright side.

Abilities: Virtron transforms into a heavy-duty compacted truck. His maximum speed is 320 mph. Range 4000 miles. In this mode, he's armed with explosive missiles with a range of 30 miles and a variable-calliber machine gun. In robot mode, he carries a powerful ion cannon. He gets very fierce and ferocious at times and then even the mightiest Decepticon stays well out of his way.

Weaknesses: Virtron has a tendency to go off the deep end - over the top, which can land him into trouble. Not very intelligent. Sometimes when the answer is obvious, it's not too obvious for him and this can lead to problems. His berserking is one of his worst weaknesses. He's also very sensitive, embarrassed and touchy about his prison history.

-- TECH SPECS --

STRENGTH -- 7 INTELLIGENCE -- 4

SPEED -- 5 RANK -- 5

ENDURANCE -- 10 COURAGE -- 10

FIREPOWER -- 5 SKILL -- 7

~~~~~~~~~

VIRTRON

 

Virtron had been rescued from the prison moon by Optimus Prime. His life there had been hell - and he wasn't a prisoner. Although he was grateful for what Optimus Prime had done for him, was a little uneasy of him and didn't know why.

Grimlock, for some reason, did not like Virtron at all and sabotaged the recharging chamber when he recharged, which had damaged him. Virtron was taken to the repair bay. Ratchet was busy with emergency repairs, and so Optimus Prime undertook the task. He received a massive electric shock, hitting him in the stomach and throwing him against the wall.

"Ohhh ..." he groaned, shaking his head. "What happened?"

Optimus put his arm over his stomach, stood up and walked to Virtron and examined him.

"He's been sabotaged!" exclaimed Optimus, shocked. "Who could have done ... These are the same sabotage methods Grimlock used on ... GRIMLOCK!!!"

Optimus Prime felt both upset and angry. "How could he do this?... Why did he do this? I've already talked to him, shouted rather, for sabotaging Tracks ... now he's gone and done it again. Perhaps I was too soft on him."

* * *

"Grimlock ..." he said firmly. "I want to talk to you."

Me Grimlock in trouble ... thought Grimlock uneasily.

"Come with me."

Grimlock followed uneasily behind Optimus Prime. Optimus entered a small darkish room.

"Do you know why you are here?"

There was a silence.

"Answer me, Grimlock."

"Me Grimlock know."

"Then why did you do it, Grimlock? WHY??"

Grimlock explained to Optimus Prime why he had sabotaged Virtron.

He had been tortured by a Decepticon of a similar name and was afraid. He was grateful Optimus listened to him and didn't cut him off or interrupt him. A thing about Optimus Prime was he always listened to everyone, their point of view, what they had to say, whether they were his friend or enemy, even if he didn't share their point of view. Grimlock finished, hoping Optimus Prime would understand and not punish or exile him.

"I understand how you feel, Grimlock. But Virtron is an Autobot. You had no right to do this to him."

"Me didn't kill Vir-"

"THAT'S NOT THE POINT!! YOU WOULDN'T'VE CARED IF HE DIED!"

Grimlock jolted at Optimus Prime yelling. Optimus tried to calm himself.

"I'm shocked that any Autobot can even think of doing that to another one and after what you did to Tracks ... What have Tracks and Virtron ever done to you? - Nothing. You sabotaged Tracks, because you didn't like him. You sabotaged Virtron because he had the same name as a Decepticon. You didn't consider Tracks or Virtron. All you think of is yourself, Grimlock, what you want. You do not consider anyone else."

Grimlock felt hurt, but he knew ultimately what Optimus Prime had said was true.

"True what you say" said Grimlock sadly. "Me sorry, Optimus. Wasn't thinking ... Me Grimlock try to change."

"All right," said Optimus gently. "A change will do you good. I forgive you, but don't you EVER do this again."

"Me won't, Optimus. Me Grimlock promise."

Optimus smiled. "All right" he said gently. "I believe you."

I hope he's learned his lesson, he thought, then turned to

Grimlock. "Grimlock, I want you to help repair Virtron."

Grimlock agreed. It was the least he could do.

They went entered the room where Virtron was lying on the bed. When Grimlock touched Virtron, he was electrocuted and thrown backwards onto the wall. Grimlock realised this must've happened to Optimus Prime.

"Me sorry, Optimus Prime. Me not mean to hurt you."

"It's all right, Grimlock," said Optimus, forgiving him. "Carry on."

Although Grimlock had never seen Optimus Prime that angry before. He had really thought Optimus Prime would punish him or throw him out of the Autobot force. He couldn't believe how forgiving Optimus Prime was. He felt ashamed of what he had done to Tracks and Virtron and vowed NEVER to do it again.

Grimlock finished repairing the damage he had done.

"Me finished, Optimus. Not worry. Me never sabotage another Transformer ever again. Not even Megatron."

Optimus smiled. "You've learned your lesson, Grimlock. I trust you."

Optimus felt he had to tell Virtron what Grimlock had done to him. From that moment on, Virtron despised Grimlock.

            * * *

Virtron had been with the Autobots for a few months now. He examined them all carefully. He was suspicious of anything he didn't know, recognise or understand and didn't talk much. He's what some would call, a quiet achiever, but he was always there for his friends if they needed him, but didn't make that too obvious. Due to his traumatic past, Virtron sometimes cracked up and went berserk. Sometimes he trashed everything in sight without realising what he was doing. Virtron wished he could stop it. Virtron was scared that if Optimus Prime ever finds out about his berserking habits, he might kick him out of the Autobots or even destroy him.

Later, Virtron was standing in the control room near Teletraan I, the Autobots' computer, with Optimus Prime. Teletraan bleeped a warning signal.

"Incoming Decepticons at twelve o'clock, rapidly."

"Activate defences!"

"Great!" Virtron exclaimed. " Let's kick Decepticon ass! "

"Virtron ... not so fas ..."

Before Optimus could finish, Virtron had run out of the headquarters to battle the Decepticons. He was a good fighter and enjoyed it. He fired at the Decepticons with his powerful ion cannon. The Decepticons' attack was forceful and they seemed to get the upper hand, both sides needed to recharge their forces, so they broke off the attack. The battle didn't last that long, but was quite hectic for the Autobots.

After the battle, Virtron's arm had a deep painful gash on the underside from his shoulder to his wrist. Blood ran from the wound. Ratchet came to him.

"Ooooh, Virtron, that looks painful ... Sit down, and don't move that arm. I have to repair Perceptor. He's dying."

Virtron knew Perceptor needed Ratchet more than he did. He didn't like Perceptor much, because he didn't understand him, but Virtron cared for the other Autobots, even if he didn't show it.

Optimus Prime rushed in carrying Perceptor. Perceptor's middle was ripped open. Blood dripped everywhere. Luckily for Perceptor, he was unconscious. Virtron winced.

I may not like him much, but I hope he's gonna be okay.

Hours went by. Virtron was still sitting in the chair in the control room in exam-like quiet.

Optimus Prime suddenly broke the silence by walking in and saying, "we've got to devise a better defence system and be more alert for the next Decepticon attack. They would've won the battle if they didn't need to recharge. We must work on a more efficient defence/counterattack system."

The Autobots began mumbling amongst themselves. Virtron said nothing, but could feel the stress build up. He tapped his hand on the arm of the chair. The more he felt the stress, the more he tapped his wounded arm.

Ratchet later came in. He saw Virtron frantically tapping his wounded arm on the arm of the chair.

"I told you not to move that arm," said Ratchet disapprovingly.

"Bug off, Rats..t" snapped Virtron fiercely. "Who's arm is it anyway?!"

Ratchet looked upset. He had only wanted to help.

"Sorry I snapped at you ..." Virtron said after a short while. "I'm just stressed out ... I'm... "

"That's okay. Now, let's take a look at that arm."

Virtron stuck out his painful arm. Ratchet examined it.

He cleaned off the blood with a soft metal Cyber-cloth, injected a cyber-anaesthetic then welded Virtron's arm up with a Cyber-welder.

"There" he said, "as good as new. Your own creator wouldn't be able to tell the difference."

"Thanks, Doc ... By the way, is Perceptor okay?"

"I'm fine, Virtron, " came a voice from outside the repair bay. "Thank you for inquiring about my predicament, but as you can observe, I'm fully functional now and the pain has subsided."

Perceptor joined the other Autobots. Virtron saw Mindwave, carrying a small wounded bird and talking to it.

"Mindwave, what are you doing with that?"

Mindwave turned around. "That " he said, somewhat angry, "is a bird and she is hurt. She was shot in the battle. I know I can help her."

"Mindwave ... you're so weird ... Why do you care so much about these creatures? It's a waste of time ..."

This hurt Mindwave's feelings a lot. A tear rolled down his cheek. "You just don't understand... " he said sadly, walking away with the bird.

"I didn't mean to hurt him," said Virtron quietly to himself, "but it's the truth."

Virtron turned to the other Autobots.

"How d' y' like that? We beat the Decepticons!"

"No, we didn't. They would've bested us if they didn't need to recharge. And next time, don't be so hasty to run off to battle. We don't know until we observe the visual what attack pattern they are using and what heavy artillery they have. You could've been destroyed, Virtron."

"Prime is correct," said Highbrow. "If the Decepticons had substantial heavy artillery, when you arrived outside, you might have had to commence a maximum velocity of retrogression, which there may have too little time to accomplish and you may not have survived."

"What?"

"Did you understand what I've just stated to you?"

"No not a word, Highbrow, not a word."

"Oh. What I meant to get across to you was that-"

"Get to the point, Highbrow."

"What I meant to say was ..."

"What?"

"What I meant to-"

"What did you mean to say?"

"What Highbrow, meant to say," said Optimus Prime, "was, you were too quick to rush off to battle. You didn't know what artillery or numbers they had. You may not have escaped and could've been killed. You should've observed these things before you rush into battle and take the necessary precautions."

"Oh. Is that all? Why didn't he say so?"

"I did."

Virtron gave up and walked away. He saw Mindwave, holding the bird at the entrance of Autobot headquarters.

"Mindwave," he said, "I'm sorry I upset you before."

"That's all right, Virtron. I forgive you. You didn't mean it. Look, Talaria's fine."

"Who's Talaria?"

"The bird. That's her name. Talaria."

Mindwave let Talaria fly off. Virtron smiled and shook his head.

"I'll never get this guy."

Although Virtron didn't understand Mindwave much, he liked him as a friend.

* * *

The Decepticons wanted to know more about Virtron, the newest Autobot. They already knew he was a good fighter, but they wanted to know more about him.

"I want you to capture him," said Megatron to Motormaster, "but do not harm him yet. I will decide when that is to be done - Just capture him."

"Consider it done, Megatron."

Motormaster monitored Virtron for a few hours now and decided to launch his attack. He blasted the Autobot, then landed and roughly grabbed Virtron. The Autobot violently tried to struggle free. Forcefully he kicked Motormaster in his stomach. The Stunticon let Virtron go and put his arms over his stomach and pretended he was in agony.

"Ohhh ... ohhh ... help me ..."

"Why should I?"

"Please ... " gasped Motormaster, faking, as best he could.

Virtron took a few steps forward. Motormaster grabbed his atom-smasher cannon and blasted Virtron three times in his stomach and chest, Virtron fell to the ground, unconscious. Motormaster laughed. "That was easy enough ..."

He roughly grabbed up Virtron and flew with him, back to Decepticon headquarters.

"I got the Autobot scrap," he said, throwing the unconscious form of Virtron into a prison cell.

Megatron laughed. "Later, we'll interrogate him, force him to tell us everything we want to know, then we'll destroy him..."

The corners of Motormaster's turned up in an evil smile.

Later, Virtron regained consciousness in the large prison cell and sat cross legged on the floor. Megatron entered. Virtron stared at the floor, didn't even glance up at Megatron. Megatron began to interrogate him. Virtron still stared at the floor, motionless. Megatron asked more questions about Autobot secrets, weaknesses and various other things. Virtron, being extremely loyal said nothing and still stared at the floor.

"What the hell are you looking at?!" yelled Megatron in frustration.

"The floor, in case y' hadn't noticed" thought Virtron. "Quite intricate patterns y' got 'ere, Megatron."

Megatron became furious at Virtron's silence. Virtron began to get bored with the floor, and he stared at the wall. Megatron grunted with anger and blasted at Virtron with his fusion cannon. Virtron still didn't say anything, didn't move, just glared at Megatron. The Decepticon Leader had already lost his patience. Virtron paid no attention and stared up at the ceiling. Megatron blasted him and stormed out of the cell in high dungeon.

"I can't get a word out of that Autobot scrap."

"Why don't you torture him?" suggested Motormaster.

"Good idea - when he regains consciousness. He'll tell me everything I want to know ..."

Megatron entered the cell, roughly picked up Virtron and took him to the torture room, lay Virtron on the metal bed and tied his wrists, ankles and waist to it with energon bands. Virtron slowly regained consciousness. Megatron turned on the plasma torture machine. It hurt Virtron a lot, but he still maintained his silence.

"Stubborn, aren't you?" Megatron said.

"You bet!"

Megatron waited for a while, before turning the power up. Virtron was determined not to say a word. Megatron turned the power up again. Virtron still said nothing. It was hurting him more than before, but he felt he had to keep quiet. One of his mottoes was, "Grin and bear it."

Megatron turned up the power again. Virtron still said nothing. Megatron realised that torturing Virtron wasn't going to make him talk. He turned off the high energy consumption machine, then went out of the room, but left Virtron strapped to the bed.

"Bastard ..." Virtron whispered.

"Perhaps," said Motormaster, from outside the cell, "he would subject to a more radical form of persuasion."

"What do you mean?" asked Megatron.

"We could capture another Autobot and threaten to kill them if he doesn't talk."

"Good idea" Megatron smiled. "I want him to say something... ANYTHING!!!"

Unluckily for Mindwave, he was the Autobot Motormaster happened to see first. Motormaster had no trouble at all capturing him. Mindwave tried to struggle free.

"Keep still, or I'll blow your brain to atoms," threatened Motormaster, pointing his atom-smasher cannon at Mindwave's head.

Frightened, Mindwave kept still and let Motormaster take him captive.

He tied Mindwave to a metal slab with energon chains. Megatron then freed Virtron and took him to Mindwave. Although Virtron wasn't overtly fond of Mindwave, he silently hoped the Decepticons wouldn't hurt him.

"Now, Virtron ... " said Megatron evilly," say something or we'll kill Mindwave."

"Hello. My name is Virtron."

Megatron made an impatient noise. "Tell me something I want to hear."

"Let him go" whispered Virtron, extremely quiet.

"What?" asked Megatron, straining to hear.

"I SAID LET HIM GO, YOU BASTARD!!!"

At the shock of Virtron's deafening yell, the two Decepticons were thrown off guard for a moment. Virtron grabbed Motormaster's gun and blasted them both.

"Let's go!" he said, releasing Mindwave. "Don't worry about me, Mindy, I'll be fine."

"Thank you, Virry, but are you sure?"

"Yeah." He wasn't sure whether he liked being called 'Virry' or not!

"Sure you're sure? I mean ..."

"Will you get goin' before y' get killed?"

Mindwave started to return to Autobot headquarters, hoping Virtron would be all right.

Motormaster regained consciousness and chased after Virtron for a few kilometres. Virtron changed the tide and chased after Motormaster, even though in his truck mode, Motormaster was faster than him. Virtron had a habit of pushing himself beyond his endurance. He began to chase Motormaster all over the place, through the city, the country - everywhere. He began to get low on energy and weapons in truck mode wouldn't work. He was hungry, but wouldn't refuel. He felt he had to get Motormaster. Virtron had really pushed himself beyond his endurance. Motormaster realised this and provoked him. This made Virtron want to get him even more. Virtron suddenly blew two of his tyres. They screeched. He skidded and almost crashed. Motormaster laughed.

"Do you think a few flat tyres will stop me?" growled Virtron. "Rev `n' roll."

"You can't catch me, you stupid Autobot ..."

Motormaster hadn't discouraged Virtron one iota. He immediately pushed his speed way beyond its limits, hurting himself and blowing his speedometer. He finally managed to catch up to Motormaster. Virtron transformed into his robot mode and began to bash Motormaster up as hard and as violently as he could, surprising him. Virtron managed, after a great deal of effort and violence to knock Motormaster unconscious. He couldn't transform back into his truck mode and he couldn't fly and began to drag Motormaster back to Autobot headquarters. Motormaster regained consciousness on the way and started to bash Virtron up. It hurt Virtron a lot, but he was determined to take Motormaster back to Autobot headquarters. He bashed Motormaster about as vigorously as possible.

"Tough son of a rectifier, aren't you?" Motormaster asked, kicking Virtron in his stomach.

Virtron grabbed Motormaster's foot and jerked roughly, so Motormaster hit the ground with incredible force and was knocked unconscious again. Virtron was very tired, almost about to drop dead. He eventually arrived at Autobot headquarters and threw Motormaster into the control room. He was virtually energy-less and could barely talk. There wasn't any part of him that didn't need repairs. In agony, all he said, before collapsing unconscious on the floor was, "got 'im."

Motormaster was taken to a prison cell. Ratchet ran to Virtron and picked him up, carried him into the repair bay. Optimus Prime went with him.

"Looks like he pushed himself way beyond his limits again."

"He shouldn't do that" said Optimus Prime, thoughtfully, concerned. "He might kill himself one day."

"This is going to be quite hard, Prime. He's blown most of his vital internal mechanisms."

"I know he has great endurance," said Optimus respectably, "but he really has to learn to control himself."

The two Autobots began to repair Virtron.

A few hours later, after some very difficult repair. Virtron sat up.

"Wooohh ..." he groaned.

"Virtron," said Optimus Prime, "I appreciate and admire your determination, but you must keep within your limits. Please do not push yourself beyond your endurance like that again. You might've killed yourself."

"Sorry, Optimus" he confessed, feeling a little afraid. "I'll try not to let it happen again."

"That's okay, Virtron," smiled Optimus gently. "It's for your own good."

"I know," said Virtron quietly.

* * *

The following day, Virtron went on a drive, exploring Earth, the countryside, the cityside ... He liked Earth a lot, although he wouldn't admit it. He thought humans were strange but appreciable creatures and cared about them. He enjoyed driving through the cities at night. He enjoyed the nightlife, the night noises and the night silence. He loved the stillness.

Virtron returned to Autobot headquarters late one night. Optimus Prime was in the control room.

"Virtron, where have you been? We've been worried about you."

"Worried about me? Why?"

"You didn't check out, or when you were expected back. Something might've happened to you."

"Oh."

"Next time, please check out, so we can keep track of you. If we lost track of everyone, it'd be a shambles."

"Yeah, yeah."

Later, Grimlock approached Virtron. "Virtron, can you please help Grimlock?"

Virtron turned around and snapped fiercely, "if you think I'm gonna help a wrench-headed, scrap for brain moron, like you, Grimidiot, you got less brains than I thought."

Grimlock felt angry that he was being insulted, but he was also upset. He wanted Virtron to forgive him for what he had done. "Me Grimlock sorry. Me not mean to sabotage you."

Virtron spun around. "Then why the hell did you do it in the first place?"

"Me was tortured by Decepticon with same name as you."

"Great. A con stole my name."

"Me wasn't sure if you were con."

"Then You are stupider than I thought."

Grimlock tried not to feel angry. He explained in language as best as he could, why he did it and how sorry and ashamed he was.

"You think that makes it better?! I hate you."

Virtron stormed off without saying another word. Grimlock felt upset, but he did understand how Virtron felt. Virtron was boiling mad. Sometimes when he got angry, he went berserk. He could feel that happening now. He tried to control himself. Luckily it worked.

Tracks was walking past at that moment.

"I can't say I blame him, Grimlock. I know how he feels."

"Me sorry, Tracks, I told you."

"I'm still angry for what you did to me. I forgave you, but I don't know if he will. It'll take some time."

Grimlock hoped in time, Virtron would forgive him as Tracks had done.

* * *

Virtron wanted to capture a Decepticon. He took his powerful ion cannon, and transformed. In truck mode, he was armed with explosive missiles with a range of 30 kilometres and a variable-calliber machine gun. Virtron went hunting. The first Decepticon he saw was Skywarp, in his F-15 eagle mode, flying on a course back to Decepticon headquarters. Virtron released missile up at Skywarp. It was a direct hit. Skywarp crashed onto the ground in agony, then fell unconscious from pain. Virtron transformed into his robot mode, picked Skywarp up and flew with him to Autobot headquarters. Virtron took him to his quarters and tied his wrists together with an energon band.

A few minutes later, Skywarp regained consciousness and tried to struggle free. "Let me go!" he demanded.

"Not until you tell me all the Decepticons secrets and Megatron's latest plans."

"We don't have any secrets" replied Skywarp. " Not that I'd tell you anyway, and Megatron hasn't told us his latest plan."

"What are they?" demanded Virtron.

"I just told you - I don't know."

Virtron asked his question again. Skywarp repeated his answer. Virtron was getting very angry and impatient. He kept repeating his question. Skywarp kept repeating his answer. Virtron then grabbed his ion cannon and blasted Skywarp in his chest. He then carried an unconscious Skywarp to the torture room.

"If he won't tell me ... I'll torture him when he wakes up. He won't lie to me now ..."

Virtron untied Skywarp's wrists, then tied him to the metal bed with strong energon bands. Virtron didn't have to wait long for Skywarp to regain consciousness.

"Now, Deceptijerk. Now ... I want you to tell me everything."

"I already told you - I don't know."

"Last chance, Skywarp - What are they?"

Skywarp said nothing. Without saying a word, Virtron turned on the torture machine.

"Stop ..." Skywarp said, his voice shivering.

"Will you tell me?"

Skywarp was frightened. He couldn't tell the Autobot anything. If he did, he'd lose Megatron's respect and Megatron would kill him. What could he say? What could he do?

"Fine," said Virtron. "Not talking. I'll just turn the power up until you do."

The increasing power of the machine was hurting Skywarp more and more.

"Please ..." wailed Skywarp. "I can't tell you... "

"Tell me or I'll turn the power up."

"I can't."

Virtron continued to increase the power. Skywarp screamed with pain.

"Ohhh ..." he gasped. "Please turn it off ... PLEASE!"

Virtron increased the power. Skywarp screamed for mercy. Virtron still wouldn't turn the power off. Skywarp was getting much weaker. He was absolutely helpless and could barely talk. He looked pitifully up at Virtron. Virtron was unmoved and turned up the power. Skywarp screamed and screamed for Virtron to stop.

Optimus Prime was walking past the torture room and heard screaming. He rushed in and gasped with shock and immediately turned off the torture machine. Skywarp fell unconscious from the immense pain.

"VIRTRON!! What the hell do you think you're doing!" he yelled.

Virtron shuddered. "He ... he wouldn't tell me what I asked him," he said, sheepishly.

"What did you ask him?"

"Well ..." replied Virtron, "I asked him to tell me all the Decepticons' secrets and Megatron's latest plans. He told me he didn't know. He's obviously lying."

"That's beside the point, Virtron. Look at the pain he's in."

"He's just a Decepticon."

"That's not the point! Even though Deceptions are our enemies, we should not be cruel to them."

"I can't forgive them for what they did to me on that prison moon."

"I understand, Virtron, but that was but a few Decepticons. Decepticons are alive as we are. They feel pain as we do. They have feelings. We should not make them suffer like this. We only use this torture machine unless it's extremely necessary and it was not necessary now."

"I'm sorry, Prime ... I didn't realise before ... I do now. It won't happen again. I promise."

"That's good, Virtron, nevertheless, I am going to have to punish you."

Virtron became frightened and hoped Optimus Prime wouldn't hurt him.

"What are you going to do to me?"

Optimus detected Virtron's fear and felt understanding.

"I'm not going to hurt you," he assured.

Virtron calmed, but still felt a little frightened.

Optimus continued, "what I want you to do, is go on a surveillance mission with Grimlock."

"GRIMLOCK???!!!!"

Virtron went berserk and without realising what he was doing, raised his arm to slap Optimus Prime. Optimus Prime held Virtron's wrist. Virtron calmed down and gasped. He realised now and was frightened. Optimus understood Virtron sometimes had these fits. He let Virtron's wrist go. Virtron began to calm down.

"If you expect me to go anywhere with that slow witted, screw headed, bucket brained, empty headed, Dinodoofus, you got another thing coming, Prime."

Optimus looked at Virtron. "I do not want to make your punishment any harsher, Virtron" he said firmly. " If you do not go, I'll have to -"

Becoming frightened, Virtron obeyed.

"I'll go" he scowled, "but don't expect me and Screw Head to be buddies when we come back, 'cos that's NOT gonna happen."

"Please stop insulting Grimlock like that. He feels terribly upset and ashamed of what he did to you."

"Oh yeah? But doesn't make me like scrap for br..."

"Virtron..."

"Grimlock any better."

"Go with Grimlock now. I have to take care of Skywarp."

"What are you going to do to him?"

"Repair him and let him go. We have no need to keep a Decepticon prisoner, which reminds me, I also have to free Motormaster. Virtron, this will not happen again."

The younger Autobot nodded.

"Thank you, and Virtron on this mission if Grimlock wants to say something to you, hear him out."

"Why should I, Prime? He didn't even give me a chance to hear me out."

"I understand that, but please give him a second chance."

"I can't think of one good reason why I should."

"I can think of a lot of-"

"Will you shut up, Prime? I'll forgive him If I want to and no one's gonna do it for me."

"I understand how you feel, Virtron, but ... It doesn't matter."

"What?"

"It doesn't matter."

"What?"

"I said it doesn't matter."

Virtron stopped, uneasy.

"Now" said Optimus, "how about going on ..."

"All right ... I'm goin' ... I'm goin.' The sooner I get it over with the better."

Virtron walked angrily out of the room.

Optimus Prime freed Skywarp from the metal bed and slowly revived him.

"Please don't ..." he said. "Please don't kill me ... "

"I'm not going to kill you. Virtron didn't realise what he was doing."

Optimus repaired Skywarp and released him.

Next, her walked to the prison cells and opened the door to Motormaster's cell.

"Virtron" he said, "he can push himself beyond his endurance sometimes."

Motormaster looked at Optimus. "You're telling me!"

"You can go," said Optimus.

"What?! You're lettin' me go?" asked Motormaster, surprised.

Prime nodded. "We have no need to keep you here and we only keep prisoners when necessary."

* * *

Virtron went to Grimlock's quarters and bashed on the door.

"Me Grimlock coming," came a voice from inside the quarters. "No need to bash door down."

Grimlock opened the door.

"Virry!" he said excitedly.

"It's Virtron to you, Bucko. Prime wants me to go on a surveillance mission with you - as punishment."

"What Virtron do wrong?"

"None of your business, Scrap for Brains, but I wanna get this mission over and done with. Let's do it now."

Grimlock felt excited. Even though it was against Virtron's will to go with him, Grimlock would be with Virtron for the longest time in his life. Together, they went on the mission.

During the mission, Grimlock asked Virtron to forgive him for what he did.

"Look, Grimlock, I am not going to forgive you and that's final. Shut your trap now."

"Vir-"

"Didn't you hear what I just said?"

"Me hear, but-"

"No butts - SHUT UP!!"

"DECEPTICONS!!!" yelled Grimlock.

"Where?!" exclaimed Virtron.

"No Decepticons," said Grimlock. "Grimlock wants to know what should do if see Decepticons."

"Tell me about it, idiot! And then we can report back to Prime."

"But how? You say shut trap."

"Okay, you can open your trap - But only if it's relevant to this mission. Understand?"

Grimlock nodded sadly.

"Good."

The mission went on for hours. No sign of Decepticons were reported by Grimlock or Virtron.

"There's nothin' here to report" said Virtron. "Let's blow it and go home."

"No, not yet" said Grimlock. "Might be something further up."

"All right ... We'll check it out ... I'm warning you, Grimmy... If you're stalling me..."

"Not stalling. Maybe there be some Decepticons over there."

They both went to the top of the cliff.

"Nothin' here" said Virtron.

Virtron then looked down to the bottom of the cliff. At the bottom was a wide river of acid, where it had acid rained yesterday. Scared, Virtron took a step backwards. In doing so, he slipped and fell down the cliff. Grimlock caught him, just as Virtron was about to plunge into the corrosive, acid. Virtron was in a state of shock and took a moment to realise what had happened.

"You okay?" asked Grimlock.

"I think so ... " replied Virtron, still shaking, looking at himself. "Thank you, Grimlock."

There was an awkward silence.

"You've saved my life ..." Virtron said "I'd say we're even."

Seeing the happy look on Grimlock's face, Virtron said, "Geez ... I didn't know it meant that much to you, Grimmy ... S'pose I have been rather rough on ya ... I'm ..."

"It's okay. Me ... I understand. You were going to apologise. Not need to."

Was I? Yeah, I'd better ... I've been such a bastard to him...

"Sorry, Grimlock."

Grimlock smiled. "It okay ... Me Grimlock forgive."

Virtron smiled. I bet this is why Prime sent me on this mission... Smart bugger! ... I have to thank him and apologise for being so negative and rude to him.

Virtron felt uneasy. Both him and Grimlock returned to Autobot headquarters. It was quite late when they arrived back.

"No Decepticon activity to report, Prime," said Virtron, "but we do have something else to report."

"What is it, Virtron? Grimlock?"

Virtron explained to Optimus Prime what had happened between him and Grimlock. Even Highbrow, Monitor and Perceptor put together couldn't describe the happiness in Optimus Prime's face.

"Sorry I was so negative and rude to you before, Prime ... I just thought ..."

"It's all right. Grimlock understood how you've felt all this time, now you understand how he feels."

Optimus smiled. He was glad they were friends now.

* * *

The next day, Virtron went out for a drive. Suddenly a heap of Decepticons were on his tail. Virtron fired at them and shot a few. He was severely outnumbered, but that didn't discourage him. One Decepticon jet blew out one of his tyres. Virtron crashed into a large tree, but transformed and started firing his ion cannon at the Decepticons. He shot down a few of them. A larger Decepticon, Menasor, cornered Virtron and picked him up in his hand. Virtron dropped his ion cannon. He violently tried to struggle free.

"Let me go, you scrap for brains junk heap!"

"Insult me again, and you will not live to see another day."

Virtron thought it would be wise to shut up. He looked behind Menasor.

"Metroplex!!" he exclaimed.

"Do you expect me to fall for that pathetic trick, Autoscrap?" growled Menasor, tightening his grip on Virtron.

"No, but I do," boomed a voice from behind.

Metroplex was at least ten times as large as Menasor. Menasor gasped and spun around. The other Decepticons quickly retreated.

"Give Virtron to me" demanded Metroplex menacingly, "or..."

"No problem ... Here ..." Menasor quickly handed Virtron to Metroplex. "I wasn't going to hurt him ... " Menasor said quickly. "Just playing ..."

"Shut up and DO NOT DO IT AGAIN!!"

"Right on ... fair enough ..." said Menasor quickly, flying back to Decepticon headquarters.

"Thanks, Metro," said Virtron, standing up in Metroplex's huge hand. "I owe you one."

"It's all right, Virtron. That's what friends are for. Let's go home."

"You got it."

"Virtron ... What happened?" asked Optimus Prime. "Are you all right? ..."

"Yeah ... I'm fine ... Thanks to Metroplex."

"Good work, Metroplex ... and as for you, Virtron, please be careful."

"Okay, Prime ... I will ... I promise. "

Virtron started to walk to his quarters. There was a little Decepticon spy running around. He didn't know where to hide and he heard Virtron coming down the corridor. Fitz quickly dashed into Virtron's quarters, hoping no one would find him. He tried to find somewhere to hide, but there was nowhere. Virtron came into his quarters and saw the small Decepticon rushing frantically around. Fitz looked up at Virtron, petrified and backed away. Virtron realised he was petrified and came closer to him. The Decepticon backed up against the wall. Virtron took hold of one of his small wrists. The Decepticon tried to jerk free, but hurt his arm. He was so frightened, he started to cry. Virtron was much stronger and could easily kill him.

"I won't harm you ..." Virtron calmed the little petrified Decepticon.

He didn't want to frighten him anymore. Virtron picked him up. Fitz made a frightened noise.

"It's all right " soothed Virtron gently. "I promise I won't hurt you. I'm gonna let you go."

Fitz looked relieved. Virtron smiled, glad about what he was doing. He walked with the Decepticon out of his quarters. Optimus Prime walked past him. Fitz felt like he was trying to dig his fingers inside Virtron.

"I found him in my quarters, Optimus," said Virtron. "He was probably spying or something."

Fitz became more frightened.

"But he's so frightened" continued Virtron. "I'm gonna let him go."

"That's good, Virtron."

Optimus then looked at Fitz who only would come up to below his knee. He saw he was crying.

"Hey ..." said Optimus Prime gently, bending down a little, wiping the tears away from the little Decepticons face, "Just because I'm the Autobot leader, doesn't mean I'm going to hurt you. Look at your size compared to me. It wouldn't be fair, would it?"

"I guess not..."

"We Autobots only hurt Decepticons if it's extremely necessary, and it's not now."

Fitz calmed considerably and was grateful. "Thank you ..." he said softly.

"It's all right" smiled Optimus Prime gently.

Virtron and Optimus Prime let him go.

"Listen " said Virtron, smiling, to the little Decepticon before he flew off, "tell Mega to send someone that'll give us a better challenge next time."

The little Decepticon smiled.

"You can also tell Megatron to stick his head in his fusion cannon."

"You can tell him that. I'm not!"

"Megatron," the Decepticon said, when he arrived back, "the Autobots found me, but they let me go. I confess to you, I'm not your best spy. I suggest you send someone larger and with more experience."

Megatron was angry at the failure, but respected Fitz' bravery.

"All right" he said. "I will not excuse your failure, but your confession surprises me. I won't punish you - this time."

Megatron ordered Long Haul to go. "Do not fail me."

"Don't worry, Megatron," said Long Haul cooly, hiding his unease.

He flew to Autobot headquarters and snuck inside. He quietly snuck around for a while and gathered a substantial amount of information. He was just about to leave for Decepticon headquarters, when he was spotted by Virtron.

"@#$%!" he exclaimed, surprised and a little uneasy.

Virtron shot Long Haul's ionic displacer rifle. The Decepticon was now unarmed. Virtron blasted him.

"I see Megatron sent someone round who'd give us a better challenge."

Long Haul was too busy thinking of a way to escape, than worry about what Virtron said. He had to escape - and fast! Virtron blasted him again in his chest. Long Haul was frightened, but tried not to look it. Virtron jumped on top of Long Haul and started to fight with him. Omega Supreme came to them.

"Stand aside, Virtron. This Decepticon and I have a score to settle."

"No ..." whispered Long Haul, frightened.

"Omega ... what do you-"

"Stand aside."

Virtron stood up. Omega Supreme walked over to Long Haul, who was lying on the floor. Omega put his foot on top of him. "Omega... What ...?" Virtron started to say.

"Back off, Virtron. This is my fight."

"It's not a fair fight ... He's so small compared to you."

Omega Supreme looked angrily at Virtron. "I do not care."

"But, Omega ..."

"I SAID - BACK OFF -- "

Virtron decided not to argue with him and stayed out of it. Omega pushed his foot down harder onto Long Haul.

"Ohhh ... " gasped Long Haul, weakly as he tried to push Omega Supreme's huge foot off him.

"Omega ... stop ... please ..." he gasped, under the pressure of Omega Supreme's huge foot.

"Why should I?"

At that moment, Optimus Prime came to Omega.

"Release him" he ordered.

"Do not interfere, Prime. This is my fight."

"You call this a fight, crushing someone who's at least twenty times smaller than you? It's hardly fair."

"Prime, Long Haul and the Constructicons destroyed my city, Crystal City all those years ago ... They-"

"I know what happened, Omega," said Optimus sympathetically. "But you know Megatron reprogrammed them and Long Haul isn't the only one responsible."

Omega knew Optimus Prime was right.

"Look how helpless and frightened he is. Is it fair, Omega?" Omega Supreme looked down. He saw Long Haul shivering and the petrified look in his eyes.

Omega took his foot off him. The relieved look in Long Haul's eyes said it all.

"I'm sorry" he said deeply. "I am still angry about what happened to Crystal City ... But I realise now that it's in the past and it wasn't your entire fault. You ... you can go."

Long Haul had always feared Omega Supreme because of this. He had always thought Omega would've killed all of them for what had happened to his city. He was glad that millions of years of fear were behind him.

Long Haul returned to Decepticon headquarters and told Megatron what he had learned.

"You didn't get any useful information."

"That's all I could learn before Omega ..."

"Omega Supreme? What did he do?"

"I had a run in with him. He's still peed off at what you made us do to his city. He almost killed me."

"How did you escape him?"

"Escape nothing - If Prime hadn't talked him out of it, I'd be tin foil by now."

Megatron looked surprised.

Back at Autobot headquarters, Optimus Prime was talking to Omega Supreme.

"Omega, don't be so hasty in future. You must think about how the Decepticons feel. If you were that small and some Decepticon was crushing you under their foot, can you imagine how frightened you'd be?"

"Affirmative, Optimus. I apologize."

"It's all right. Think before you act."

"I will control myself in future" promised Omega Supreme.

Optimus Prime smiled and started to walk away.

"I'm also sorry I snapped at you, Optimus."

"It's all right," said Optimus, heading for the control room.

"Sorry I yelled at you, Virtron " apologised Omega,

"That's fine. I understand."

"If all us Decepticons concentrate on destroying one Autobot - In this case, Virtron, we're bound to destroy them all," Megatron said.

All the Decepticons agreed with him. Even Starscream!

Soundwave had jammed Teletraan I's radar detection systems, so Teletraan couldn't detect them until it was too late.

They landed outside the main front entrance to Autobot headquarters.

Teletraan I detected them.

"Entire Decepticon force assembled outside main entrance to headquarters - Reason unknown."

"Tune in to audio visual, Teletraan."

"Order acknowledged, Optimus Prime."

Optimus heard the Decepticons talking about Virtron.

"They're after you, Virtron," he said, surprised.

"I'll give 'em a fight they'll never forget ..."

"No. They'll murder you. What can one Autobot can do against the entire Decepticon force? They'll destroy you" "That's a risk I'll have to take."

"No you don't." Optimus Prime put his hand on Virtron's shoulder. "Don't go ... They'll..."

Virtron roughly pushed Optimus Prime's hand off him and started to run outside.

"Virtron!! Come back!!"

Virtron didn't listen. He ran full speed outside and started shooting. Optimus tried to grab him out of the way. Virtron spun around and shot him in his stomach. It shocked Optimus more than hurt. He fell backwards onto the floor. Virtron had gone too berserk to realise what he'd done. He shot at the Decepticons relentlessly. They all immediately began firing at Virtron. Optimus was still in pain and bleeding from Virtron's close range blast.

"Ohhhh ... Ohhh ... " he groaned.

He started to stand. He disregarded his own pain risked his life to save Virtron. Virtron had been shot painfully all over. He fell backwards into Optimus Prime's arms. Virtron realised that he had shot him when he saw Optimus Prime bleeding. Virtron became very frightened.

"No ..." he whimpered, "... please don't hurt me..."

Virtron was getting weaker. Optimus Prime held him gently in his arms. Virtron was terrified.

"Please, Optimus ..." he gasped. "Please don't hurt me... Please don't kill me ..."

"Virtron ..." he started, gently, "I-"

"NO!!" shrieked Virtron. "Don't please! ..."

Optimus Prime felt upset and sorry for Virtron. Virtron kept begging him for mercy. Before Optimus Prime could finish his sentence, `I'm not going to harm you,' Virtron fell unconscious from pain and fear, in Optimus Prime's arms. Optimus carried Virtron to the repair bay.

"Need any help, Prime?" Ratchet asked.

"No thanks, Ratchet. He's not badly wounded, but he's in a lot of pain. He shot me, not realising what he was doing, and now he thinks I'm going to kill him."

"Hurt him? Kill him? ... You wouldn't hurt a fly, Prime."

"I know that, you know that, but he doesn't. He was having one of his fits. I tried to assure him that I wasn't going to, but he didn't listen."

Optimus started to repair Virtron's wounds. He performed a delicate operation on Virtron's brain to help him overcome his `berserkings.'

"There ... that should do it."

He reactivated Virtron slowly. Virtron slowly sat up. He saw Optimus Prime and was frightened. Optimus saw the frightened look in Virtron's eyes. He came closer to him. Virtron looked even more frightened. He tried to move away from Optimus Prime.

"Don't hurt me ... I'm sorry... I didn't mean to. I didn't know what I was doing."

"I know you didn't mean it and I know you have these fits. I would never hurt or kill a friend. I tell you what to do for your own good."

Virtron calmed. He was grateful that Optimus Prime was so understanding, forgiving and gentle.

"I know you won't harm me now, Prime ... sorry for believing otherwise. Thanks for being so understanding when I needed you."

Optimus Prime smiled. "It's all right Virtron ... Also ... you shouldn't neglect others because they're different from yourself. Everyone is different. Just because they are different and you may not understand them, that is no reason to neglect them."

"Sorry, Prime ... I'll apologise to them."

Optimus nodded, feeling if Virtron got a better understanding of all the Autobots, that it would help him.

Virtron found Highbrow, Perceptor and Monitor in the control room alone.

"I want to apologise to you guys," he said.

"Apologise? " asked Highbrow, surprised. "What on Cybertron for?"

Virtron explained about how he was sorry about neglecting them because he didn't understand them.

"That's quite all right, Virtron" forgave Highbrow.

The others forgave him too.

"Virtron," Highbrow said, "I want to propose a proposition to you. I want-"

"What?"

"I want to tell you about my next plan to counterattack the Decepticons, but I warn you, if you postulate of coglate on the hypothesis I am intoxicated with, the exuberance of my own verbosity, please interject immediately."

"Highbrow ... " said Virtron, with a smile. "I like ya, but I still don't understand a word you say."

Highbrow smiled. "I wasn't expecting you to."

"I understood every word that Highbrow stated," said Monitor, smiling.

"You would," Virtron smiled. "You've got more words stored in your memory ... data banks ... or whatever you call them, than every dictionary in the universe."

Monitor, Perceptor and Highbrow smiled at Virtron as he left to find Mindwave.

He found him outside Autobot headquarters, on his knees, crying.

"What's amatter, Mindy?" asked Virtron sympathetically, kneeling down next to him.

Mindwave sadly showed Virtron the dead white cat in his hand.

"Mindy," said Virtron. "I'm sorry about hurting your feelings before. Can you please explain to me what all animals mean to you and why you care so much about them?"

Mindwave stopped crying.

"I can use my telepathic powers to communicate with them. I can feel what they are feeling. I can feel what they are saying ... They're important to me ... because they're so helpless, defenceless ... so innocent ... so beautiful. I have to protect them."

Mindwave explained to Virtron other things about animals, why he loved them so much.

"I understand how you feel now, Mindy - and I don't think you're weird anymore. It's nice how you care so much. Can you forgive me?"

Mindwave smiled and gave Virtron a gentle hug. Virtron hugged his small friend back.

"I already have. I know understand way I am now."

Mindwave asked Virtron to come with him to one of his secret spots.

"Sure."

There, Mindwave buried the cat. A tear rolled gently down his cheek. Virtron suddenly saw Psycho-Phaser, a blue Decepticon jet transform and fly down near Mindwave. Virtron blasted him.

"Don't, Virry! ..." exclaimed Mindwave, jumping up and pulling down Virtron's ion cannon.

"Why, Mindwave, I know what Prime told me about the Decepticons, but that Decepticon was going to attack you."

"No he wasn't?"

"How can you be so sure?"

"He's my brother."

"WHAT???!!!"

Virtron took a little while to recover from the shock.

"If he's your brother, then why's he a Decepticon?"

Mindwave explained, "he feels he fits in better with the Decepticons, but kind of feels left out. Breakdown understands how he feels."

"I guess he doesn't sound so bad."

Together, Mindwave and Virtron walked over to Psycho-Phaser, who was recovering from Virtron's ion cannon blast. Mindwave knelt down to his brother.

"Don't worry, Psychie. Virry's not gonna hurt you."

"Ohhh ... I think he already did ..."

"Sorry about shootin' ya, Pal. I didn't know you were Mindy's brother."

"It's okay, I guess," said Psycho-Phaser, standing up. "We all make mistakes."

Virtron couldn't believe that any Decepticon was as understanding as Psycho-Phaser. Virtron, Mindwave and Psycho-Phaser spent a long time with each other, explaining about themselves and things they liked. Psycho-Phaser didn't reveal any of his deep feelings. Mindwave noticed that. He knew his brother only talked about those things when he and Mindwave were alone.

"Listen, Mindwave, Virtron, I have to go now. I told Megatron that I was goin' out flying. I've been away for so long he'll blow a fuse!"

Virtron smiled.

"Tell Megatron to stick his head in his fusion cannon, will ya?"

"I'd rather not," said Psycho-Phaser smiling, "well, not if you ever wanna see me again."

Virtron smiled. "I don't think any Decepticon'd be stupid enough tell Megatron that."

Psycho-Phaser smiled, transformed into his jet mode and flew full speed to Decepticon headquarters.

Virtron and Mindwave later returned home to Autobot headquarters.

Virtron went to Optimus Prime and told him that he'd seen all the Autobots he hadn't understood very well.

"I understand them better now, Prime. Thank you. I'm sorry about-"

"That's all right, Virtron. You've made an excellent change, but in the future, I don't want you to push yourself beyond your endurance limitations, think before you act and always, always respect others for who they are.

"I will, Optimus Prime, I promise. I've learned my lessons."

Optimus prime smiled gently.

"That's good."

Virtron felt much better, now that he had changed. He was extremely grateful to Optimus Prime, for how caring, compassionate, gentle, understanding and kind he was. He told this to Optimus Prime.

"It's the way I am, Virtron," he said, as if he was reading Virtron's mind.

Virtron said, "I probably wouldn't've got anywhere without you. It's great to have a friend like you, Prime."

Optimus was touched by what Virtron said, glad his friend appreciated him.

Virtron started to walk to his quarters, feeling more emotional and caring now and was extremely grateful to Optimus Prime and his friends for that. He was determined to stay the way he was from now on.

Thank you, Optimus Prime, he thought. I owe you everything. I wish I hadn't doubted you ... I wish I hadn't hurt you ... But you forgave me for all that ... and you were always there when I needed you. I'm always here if you need me.

 

*

 

 

*

 

Back to Seawave’s Original Character Page {Autobots}

 

Back to Autobot Page

 

Back to Transformers Page